Like Tree3Likes

conclusions about tactics, from others and mine...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. conclusions about tactics, from others and mine...

i made a couple of conclusions regarding tactics in this game.

all my fm life, i loved to play the 4-5-1 with inside forwards and even a 4-2-3-1 with if and an att mid/treq
    i think that everyone likes "football champagne"

but in this year version, football champagne with world class players leads to score, yes... but also leads to your opponents playing football champagne in your own half, and often you end losing

i remember in my first year of my monaco save, using a 4-5-1 and losing a match 7-5

this isnt tennis, and even if i'd won that game, i would be moaning. i dont like 4-3, 5-2 or this stuff... i like 3-0. this is the perfect result for me

playing a 4-4-2 seems to be more balanced, but without an att mid, you create little football, you play the Falcioni's style of Boca Juniors... Ball to the air, and see what happens... obviouly your goals will be most pizzas or crosses.

then, i gave born to my creature, first i thought on a formation that is strong defensively. took the falcioni idea of 2 lines of 4.

but gave every player individual instrucions to close down on almost same point of the slider... i wanted a team that get all together but the striker and the att mid, that sits a lil be upfield

results start to come more consintently, conceding dropped dramaticaly, 1-0 2-0 and 3-0 started to appear more often...

although some times i lost games 0-1 i never get scored more than twice with this tactic, and concede 2 were a very rare thing

won 3 champions leagues in a row... and with more talented players, like bale at left mid, or messi as att mid, i started to have more possesion on majority of matches

now im winning easily almost every match, due to the quality of my players, but when i had a more normal squad, my team still won despite in most matches dont having possession and being shot from far very much

so my conclusion is that a 4-4-1-1, or at least mine, is far better with middle ranked teams, with top teams, you wont win by 5-0 every match, but ull concede very little... and i like that

FM13 was made to Falcioni's or Bilardo's more than for Guardiolas... and pushing very upfield with defense in this game, appears to be just suicidal... or at least to conceding more than acceptable

for mid table teams it seems that death of inside forwards came!!!
    apvmoreira likes this.

2. note: Falcioni is the Boca Juniors manager, that suits perfectly to Boca Juniors style... that basically consisted in throwing crosses to Palermo, like Bianchi did in the Boca golden Era. also they used Riquelme to hide the ball from opponents and play a slow tempo...

im a River fan, like the football champagne, but i admire something of Falcioni or Bianchi, when their teams are winning, the game is over. and if you go all out attack against them, they just smash the ball outfield to his only attacking player and you're fucked
    apvmoreira likes this.

3. I agree with your statement here, It's hard to free flowing football going without being defensively solid, It's like you have to choose one of the other there is no middle, It's either Play for defence and grind out boring 1-0 2-0 wins or throw caution to the wind and play attacking football and it's more 2-1 or 3-2,

I prefer a defensive attitude which is what i employed in my tactic.
    apvmoreira likes this.

4. I use both your tactics, and i have would like to say something about them also.

MrHough's is my main tweaked tactic, changed the 3-2-3-1-1 to a 3-2-3-2, changed also the tempo to more fast and lately i'm considering the hard tackle option (changed that away against Utd and from a 3-1 i won in extra time 4-5. Used against Arsenal away with all team on hard and lost 3-1, but the anticipation worked better).

I didn't not consider the defense line much, but now that i saw what Matox13 wrote, i believe that that's the main problem with this ME. Despite having 3 CB, i still have forwards running like hell with T-balls, while i don't have many as they have. is it the defense line?

I agree that we all love a close down with high defense line to catch the ball in the opposition side of the pitch, but without star players like Barca, it's impossible!

On the other hand, regarding Matox13 tactic, i see that the team is more down on the field, and by that, not creating as much CCCs as i want, maybe because Aguero long shoot PPM ruins the game.

Just some notes:

- New players have a big impact on team cohesion
    - Acceleration, position and anticipation is more important to CBs than pace and decisions
    - Long passes are more hard to do
    - Left/right foot more important than in 12
    - Midfield anticipation, pressing and 1st touch are, imo, the key of 13's ME

Congratz on both for this great tactics

5. kun aguero long shots??? i hardly seen him shooting from distance, neither in independiente, atletico or city... i see messi shooting more often than him from outside the box

6. I think you will find that once the game is patched up, tactics will function as intended meaning that the conclusions will be drawn like in real life.

7. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    I think you will find that once the game is patched up, tactics will function as intended meaning that the conclusions will be drawn like in real life.
    And when do you think that will be? Don't want to sound rude or anything like that, but we have to play until then, right?

8. Quote Originally Posted by matox13 View Post
    kun aguero long shots??? i hardly seen him shooting from distance, neither in independiente, atletico or city... i see messi shooting more often than him from outside the box
    Yap, i've put Cruyft taking that out of him, but he said that would be hard. Let's pray and hope

Quote Originally Posted by apvmoreira View Post
    And when do you think that will be? Don't want to sound rude or anything like that, but we have to play until then, right?
    Pretty much. It should be out before the month is over, I suspect mainly due to the number of bug reports submitted. And also due to "unconstructive" reports to Miles and SI via twitter and forums-some which are way overboard. As soon as we gauge an idea of when it's going to be out it'll be announced immediately

But people have to remember the coding process does take time as it has to be implemented and tested properly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast