Like Tree8Likes

LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

1. LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter

Introducing..
    LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter
    Solid defensively, great going forward - what more could you possibly ask from a tactic?

Defenders - The defense is ever solid. I'd REALLY suggest you to use fast and physical defenders as the D-line is pushing up. Try to keep everyone 14+ acceleration and pace.

Defensive Midfielders - I have chosen to go with one player who sit back and break up the play. This player usually places a short pass to the DLP who is the whole "engine" in the midfield, he gets the ball up to either of the AM's.

ACM - The ACM is a goal machine. Playing as an IF with the duties to run with ball very often he'll often run into the channels created by the wingers or the striker. therefor he needs good speed and acceleration.

AML/AMR - Both of the wingers is set as IF and they're really vital to my team. I like wingers with atleast 15 pace & acceleration and also atleast 16 dribbling as they're set to run with ball very often. If they've got less than 10 finishing I'd suggest you to try and get it up as quickly as possible.

ST - The main man. I'd suggest you to get a typical poacher - quick, good finishing, good dribbling and last but not least - good Off the ball. All of these attributes should be high. The striker will run from deep very often and if his off the ball and speed attributes are good he should often find himself either creating opportunities for himself or his IF's.

THE TACTIC
    Attachment 285984Attachment 285985

Match Prep & Training
    In pre season I like to have my training to "Team Cohension" and match prep to "Teamwork", during seasons I have training to balanced and match prep to tactics only.
    Individual training - Try and get the best possible coaches for each category once you sign for a new team and put EVERY player in your squad to train the role they're getting used in. For example I've put my AML's training focus to Individual Role -> Inside forward. If a player is severly lacking in a specific attribute, train them individually on that specific attribute.

SHOUTS AND OI'S
    Shouts: The only shout I apply for each game game is "work into box", BUT if I see their FB's morale is low, or they are playing a backup FB I apply the "Exploit flanks" shout.
    OI: As I'm lazy with OI's I ALWAYS hire a coach with "Tactical Knowledge" 15+ to do my OI's. It's working, so why would I change?

~~The Results~~
    Ihave used this tactic with Wolves and it's really done the job.
    season 1 - Npower championship
    Attachment 285970
    season 2 - Premier League
    Attachment 285971
    season 3 - Premier League (31 jan 2015)
    Attachment 285972

Fixtures - Dec 2014 and Jan 2015
    Attachment 285973

RANDOM RESULTS

Attachment 285977Attachment 285978Attachment 285979Attachment 285981Attachment 285982

Main Attributes
    WB's - Pace, Acceleration, Tackling, Marking, Workrate, Stamina
    CD's - Pace, Acceleration, Marking, Tackling, Jumping, Strength (Heading, Concentration, Bravery)
    DM (DLP) - Passing, Positioning, Decisions, Composure (Tackling, Marking, Strength)
    DM (DM) - Tackling, Marking, Strength, Stamina (Concentration, Workrate)
    AML/R - Dribbling, Passing, Technique, Flair, Acceleration, Pace (Crossing, Off The Ball)
    AMC - Dribbling, Passing, Finishing, Off The Ball, Acceleration, Pace (Flair, Decisions)
    ST - Dribbling, Finishing, Composure, Off The Ball, Acceleration, Pace (First touch, Antacipation, Agility)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-tumblr_me4b787xme1rm4fqgo1_1280.jpg   LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-tumblr_me4b787xme1rm4fqgo2_250.jpg   LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-28_00009.jpg  

LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-28_00008.jpg   LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-28_00007.jpg   LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-28_00006.jpg  

LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-28_00005.jpg   LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-fixtures.png   LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-28_00003.jpg  

LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-ssn1.png   LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-26_00004.jpg   LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-26_00001.jpg  

LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-24_00002.jpg  
    Attached Files
    Last edited by millebraun9sex; 29/11/2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Ben Arfa likes this.

2. If anyone's willing to test it - please post your results

3. Mille -

So I tested out your tactic today. I was in a really big mess with my Roma squad, with injuries crippling my team and with a series of bad results. I had lost four of the previous five matches.

At that point, with six matches to go, I implemented your tactic. My first two were draws, and I won the final four. The CCCs ranged from 1-4 per match, and the defense was very strong once the squad familiarized itself with the tactic. My plan is to continue this tactic for the next season to see how it works.

Thanks for creating the tactic, I'm very hopeful so far.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BobTomlinson View Post
    Mille -

So I tested out your tactic today. I was in a really big mess with my Roma squad, with injuries crippling my team and with a series of bad results. I had lost four of the previous five matches.

At that point, with six matches to go, I implemented your tactic. My first two were draws, and I won the final four. The CCCs ranged from 1-4 per match, and the defense was very strong once the squad familiarized itself with the tactic. My plan is to continue this tactic for the next season to see how it works.

Thanks for creating the tactic, I'm very hopeful so far.
    Thanks for testing it! I hope it brings more success to your Roma side!

Please keep me posted on your results. I haven't really tried it out but as it brought so much success to my Wolves side I thought It'd be good to share it with you.
    Last edited by millebraun9sex; 28/11/2012 at 05:06 PM.

5. any OIs?

6. Quote Originally Posted by okserull View Post
    any OIs?
    I always put the coach with the highest tactical knowledge attribute to make my OI's.

7. Do you use inverted AML/R like left foot on right wing and right foot on left wing?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Charlie 1873 View Post
    Do you use inverted AML/R like left foot on right wing and right foot on left wing?
    It's nothing I really prioritize, but if I have a left-footer and a right-footer who can both play on both wings I play the left footer on the right and the right footer on the left.

9. LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-29_00002.jpg
    End of season 14/15 league table. As seen in the picture, I had the best defensive record.

LP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-29_00004.jpgLP's 4-2-3-1 Deep Counter-2012-11-29_00005.jpg
    Also I did eventually go on to win the Europa League aswell, in only my second season of the PL!
    Last edited by millebraun9sex; 29/11/2012 at 02:57 AM.
    Ben Arfa and MFerg91 like this.

10. I have settled on a very similar formation to yours. I tried a save game with Birmingham, playing a controlled or attacking style, but results were too inconsistent. I sold a whole bunch of players in my new save with Birmingham and rebuilt the whole squad on a budget after player sales of about 6 million. Best signing so far is Armenteros for staggered payments of around 3.1 million. Nicolas Olivera the veteran Uruguayan in the hole is awesome and I also signed Mackay-Steven on the wing, two Argentines in the middle (Sanchez Mino and Carboni) and Lasse Nielsen and Ragnar Sigurosson CBs and Choco at right back. Basically the only Birmingham players I kept were Murphy (LB), Burke (AMR), Redmond (AMRL) and Butland in goal. I reckon pace is more important than ever in FM 2013.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast