Like Tree5Likes

Counter Attack Tactic help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Counter Attack Tactic help

Hey guys,

I need some help at creating a successful counter attacking tactic. Should i use short or direct passing? How do i play with a deep d-line but still pressing the ball? Which shouts could be useful for counter attacks? Anything i should bear in mind when trying to make a counter attacking tactic?

Thanks in advance

2. quick/wide/deep/counter

you cannot play short and counter mate you need to play the ball upfield directly and as quickly as possible..

use shouts:

clear ball to flanks/exploit flanks/pass into space/get ball forward/run at defence/play wider

a deep 442 with DM's is probably a good idea or a deep 42121

stand off/zonal marking is a good tactic to employ as this will invite the opp into your half and hopefully over committing players so when you win the ball back, you can exploit them
    eire59 and Het2 like this.

3. Okay thank you for quick respond, but do you think a deep 4231 would work as well? So i should use direct passing, but which style would suit best for Counter attacks? Balanced, rigid or fluid?

4. Quote Originally Posted by zinedinezidane10 View Post
    Okay thank you for quick respond, but do you think a deep 4231 would work as well? So i should use direct passing, but which style would suit best for Counter attacks? Balanced, rigid or fluid?
    yeah that would work as well mate

rigid I feel works best with countering, however, balanced and fluid can work well too..

if you are a smaller team I suggest rigid, top team then balanced or fluid.. you do not want your players overlapping too much leaving you susceptible to counters..

5. Yea i see. Planing on using a dlp and dmc in a 4231 is it a waste to have a playmaker in counter attacks? If they have to pass it to him so he can launch the through balls etc. Also should i change anything in player instructions?

6. Quote Originally Posted by zinedinezidane10 View Post
    Yea i see. Planing on using a dlp and dmc in a 4231 is it a waste to have a playmaker in counter attacks? If they have to pass it to him so he can launch the through balls etc. Also should i change anything in player instructions?
    DLP is perfect mate, he will be the one initiating them hopefully.. always make sure you leave him on the edge of area when defending set pieces as the ball most of the time falls there, he will pick it up and launch the counter (also leave your two quickest players upfront)

well that depends on you and your players mate I cannot write out a whole tactic for you

good luck

7. Thank you very much mate, you've been a great help!

8. I am interested in playing the same formation. But Raikan, counter style,doesn't automatically has slow tempo and narrow?
    Also do you recommend ml/mr, or AML,AMR?
    So to summarize.
    Strategy : Counter,
    passing : flanks,direct
    tempo quick
    width, wide?
    Is this correct?

9. Quote Originally Posted by kostasq View Post
    I am interested in playing the same formation. But Raikan, counter style,doesn't automatically has slow tempo and narrow?
    Also do you recommend ml/mr, or AML,AMR?
    So to summarize.
    Strategy : Counter,
    passing : flanks,direct
    tempo quick
    width, wide?
    Is this correct?
    not once did I ever say that mate, lol, please read what I said properly....

yes, that is correct with either Rigid or Balanced!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Raikan007 View Post
    not once did I ever say that mate, lol, please read what I said properly....

yes, that is correct with either Rigid or Balanced!
    I did not said that you said that

I am just saying that these are the default tactics options if you adopt a counter strategy. So we should change.
    Regarding mr/ml or AML/AMR?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast