• 5 Post By TheBetterHalf
  • 2 Post By TheBetterHalf
  • 1 Post By epic terrorist
  • 2 Post By helloiamanewlow
  • 2 Post By k3zz4

The Cardiff Project - Micro Managing a Team - by The Better Half

1. The Cardiff Project - Micro Managing a Team - by The Better Half

The Cardiff Project

In this thread, I will show you how I play a save micro managing a team, setting up a tactic to suit the club, the players and the current circumstances, always being ready to be pro-active as well as reacting to the events happening on the pitch. The thread will be a work in progress so do put in every now and again to look for new posts. As I do have a real life, It might sometimes go days between posts

The thread will cover the following

PART 1 - First day at the office
    Here, we look at the board expectations, the scouting network,meet with the staff, get an assistant report etc.

PART 2 - The Players
    Here, we take a closer look at each and every one in the team, evaluating what roles that suit our left winger and how to best utilize our slow but strong Target Man

PART 3 - Making a SWOT
    By listing our Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, we get a full picture on how we should act on the transfer market, on the pitch and what to expect of the season

PART 4 - The Transfers
    Who, why and when

PART 5 - Setting up a goal
    Here we set up a goal for the save

PART 6 - Setting up a Tactic
    With all the information at hand, this is how I do it

PART 7 - The Training
    As training goes hand in hand with your Tactical approach, this s something we will take a closer look at after choosing approach.

PART 8 - Preparing for the match
    How can we best exploit the weaknesses of the opponent, utilize our strengths, preparing for a tough opponent and make up for our own weaknesses whilst still play our own game

PART 9 - The Psychology
    Morale, player confidence. How to prepare the players mentally as well as put doubts in the head of our opponent

PART 10 - Playing the match
    What to look for, what to change and my reasoning behind it

PART 10 - The analyze of the won/lost game
    The importance of reflecting over the last game and how to use the analyzing tool. What can we learn from it !

PART 11 - The Diary
    Here, I will continue to post as the season goes along

Last edited by TheBetterHalf; 28/11/2012 at 08:35 PM.

2. DEFENDERS

Looking at the squad, there is no doubt that we have too few players. Hell, I have even promoted Nugent and Oshilala from the reserves, players that I really don't want to put on the field since they are not good enough.

Matthew Connolly
    One of the best defenders in the squad. Looking at the screenshot, you can see that I have highlighted the stats important for a Defender on Defend. If looking for a Stopper, Aggression and Bravery is important to and if looking for a Cover DC, anticipation and acceleration are the stats to include. If wanting to use him in one of these roles, he can function in any of them, even if not having the specific competence for it. Due to the lack in squad depth, he will also be playing as a Fullback during the season.

Mark Hudson
    This player have pretty good stats in the mental area and have an above average understanding of the game. His Achilles heel that can be devastating to us is his pace and movement off the body. being slow and having poor stats in Agility will see him being ghost passed by quick opponents and we will have to make up a plan for this.

Ben Turner
    Another player that lacks in speed and agility. If wanting to give him a "role", it would be the one of a stopper as he has the stats. To begin with though, the is a Defender of Defend and nothing more.

Ben Nugent
    A weak player. As soon as I get some better players in on transfer/loan, he will be put in the reserves.

Kevin McNaughton
    A Quick player with good tackling and Anticipation This gives us the option of letting him cover a flank of his own if needed.

Andrew Taylor
    Similar to McNaughton only slightly more average when using him as a Fullback.

Adedeji Oshilala
    Nothing more than a reserve player that have been called up only due to lack in squad depth. If - or rather when - using him, he do need a team player in front of him in terms of either a Defensive winger or a Wide Midfielder on support with defensive qualities

Summary
    We seriously lack squad depth and our defenders are on the slow side. On the positive side, they are rather determined and have a pretty good understanding of the game.
    Last edited by TheBetterHalf; 28/11/2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Rodrigo4073 and jukilo like this.

3. definetly following to get an insight into how you go about micromanaging. I use the press a whole lot more this year
    TheBetterHalf likes this.

4. I always learn something when you cover the details like this, always find out I'm missing out on doing important things.

Should be interesting.
    TheBetterHalf and jukilo like this.

5. wow, really nice work TBH.. this seems very interesting. Will follow this for sure!
    TheBetterHalf and jukilo like this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by epic terrorist View Post
    definetly following to get an insight into how you go about micromanaging. I use the press a whole lot more this year
    Quote Originally Posted by helloiamanewlow View Post
    I always learn something when you cover the details like this, always find out I'm missing out on doing important things.

Should be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by k3zz4 View Post
    wow, really nice work TBH.. this seems very interesting. Will follow this for sure!
    Thanks !

Will continue on the Part Two- Players tomorrow

7. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    Thanks !

Will continue on the Part Two- Players tomorrow
    Away from home for about 5 days, will update when back

8. great effort. CCFC represent.

Closed Thread