Why do my three centre mids keep running forward

1. Why do my three centre mids keep running forward

I am currently playing as glasgow celtic in the spl and play 4-5-1 rigid with attack

Why do my three centre mids keep running forward-celtic_-tactics-overview.png
    my problem is im trying to play possession football which my team doesnt have a problem with as i seem to dominate this but my 3 centre mids tend to all just run forward when my defenders have the ball and dont offer short option. i would like my two centre mids to offer short and my ap to venture forward.

Why do my three centre mids keep running forward-kayal-instructions.pngWhy do my three centre mids keep running forward-ledley-instructions.pngWhy do my three centre mids keep running forward-wanyama-instructions.png

it doesnt matter if i change from attack to standard they still all run ahead of the ball. any help would be much appreciated

2. Quote Originally Posted by Thomashoey1986 View Post
    I am currently playing as glasgow celtic in the spl and play 4-5-1 rigid with attack

Attachment 287541
    my problem is im trying to play possession football which my team doesnt have a problem with as i seem to dominate this but my 3 centre mids tend to all just run forward when my defenders have the ball and dont offer short option. i would like my two centre mids to offer short and my ap to venture forward.

Attachment 287557Attachment 287558Attachment 287560

it doesnt matter if i change from attack to standard they still all run ahead of the ball. any help would be much appreciated
    you have probably got "counter attack" on

and do you play fluid or very fluid?
    Last edited by veez; 03/12/2012 at 05:06 PM.

3. Why do my three centre mids keep running forward-team-instructions.png
    thanks for replying as you can see i dont have counter attack on
    i play rigid
    Last edited by Thomashoey1986; 03/12/2012 at 05:19 PM.

4. do you play fluid or very fluid? you would be better off putting a DMC or anchor man in between defence and midfield if you think that they dont link up well. he will act as a link with short passing and will also bolster up your defense. if you dont want to do that. you will probably7 have to reduce his mentality. but i would recomend an anchor man in terms of the description you made of what you are looking for. playing with "triangles" is also better for posession football than playing flat lines of players, more passing options, both up and down the field, otherwise you will play only horizontally when in the middle of the pitch.

5. i play rigid you should need to play with an anchor man to have triangles im trying to create that with the formation i have thats y i want two of them to offer short. i have tryed putting them both on defensive mentality but they still just run ahead of the ball.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Thomashoey1986 View Post
    i play rigid you should need to play with an anchor man to have triangles im trying to create that with the formation i have thats y i want two of them to offer short. i have tryed putting them both on defensive mentality but they still just run ahead of the ball.
    thats very strange

7. thank you for ur help i think have got it i had them both set to roam from position taken it off and now seems to be working fine

8. aaaah! lol forgot about that!

+ Reply to Thread