Like Tree186Likes

Three-tactic-COMBO (Man Utd): CONQUER PL title! BANG Barcelona 6-2 Aggr! CL finalist!

  1. this tactic seems awesome! first game had man utd in community shield won 3-2, then first league game i beat wigan 2-0 and had 71% possession! will update as i go through the season
    dzunglv likes this.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by dzunglv View Post
    I see your point, mate! Totally agree that you will win nothing regard FM2013 is just a game. It's a mind game now and we should never stop to try it better and see it clearer.

    However how about trying my tactics, mate?
    I normally have a wonder around the tactics thread seeing different peoples philosiphys but to be honest I don't tend to test many out. If I get a free night though I'll definitely try this out for you.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by dzunglv View Post
    Anyway, your attention glads me alot. Please be free to ask me more on choosing the tactics. Like you can provide me the Team you will facing next, the pre-match profile, weather, pitch size, reference, who you have in your squad, and what you expect from the Team performance, I will help you to make pre-match choices anyway. Have a good game mate!
    If i am using Combo2 away from Home and i want to hold onto a lead, do i just switch the strategy to defensive or contain and use the shouts recommended(Retain possession, pass to feet, drop deeper and hassle opponents)?

    Or do i switch to Combo3 and do this.

    Thanks for the help mate!
    dzunglv likes this.

  4. Dzunglv,

    I have avenge your lost in the ECL!! Won 1-3 against Real! Losing at the end of 1st half by an unnecessary penalty by Evra (sold to Marseile ), i scored 2 goals in a row (Vidic from a free kick and Casillas o.g.). Got Marcelo sent off and Welbeck scored the 3rd!

    The champions:

    Gea
    Jones, Evans Vidic, Evra
    Fltecher, Carrick
    Young, Rooney, Bale
    Welbeck

    Subs: Cleverly and Wilshere

    Walker didn't made the final as he got 2 yellow cards against City in the Semi final.

    Used Combo2 with hassle opponents from the beginning and when the 1-3 was made and they had only 10 i shouted closing down.

    Now i have bought 22 players, all regens, to start my project. 15 are British, the others are foreigns with PA higher than 180 (Thanks Genie Scout ). I will create a game philosophy based on PPMs and here you come!

    What are the PPMs better to make this tactic even better? I think playing at 1st touch is one, and pass before shooting also, but i need 2 or 3 more. With this i want to simulate Barca. That's right, i think your tactic with all the combos is appropriate for this.

    Anyone that wants to help are welcomed, ofc.

    Cheers
    dzunglv likes this.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Mckergan View Post
    If i am using Combo2 away from Home and i want to hold onto a lead, do i just switch the strategy to defensive or contain and use the shouts recommended(Retain possession, pass to feet, drop deeper and hassle opponents)?

    Or do i switch to Combo3 and do this.

    Thanks for the help mate!
    When you want to hold on the lead, if that is about last 5-7 minute, change to 2Combo, defensive, and use "Retain possession, pass to feet, drop deeper"

    If you want to hold on the result earlier, like 60-70' of the game, it should be more careful approach. So I suggest in that case, firstly you change Strategy to defensive. If the defense seems to be not solid enough, change it to Contain. The shout "retain, to feet, drop deeper" is better used in last ten minute. It just something equals to minimize the D-line, maximize the Waste time, and keep Hold up the ball in the Team and player instruction. If you use it so early it is just like some team in real life try to hold on time just from 60 minute, ball maybe lost in the middle field and the opponent get the chance.

    About "Hassle opponent" you should ask apvmoreira, because I have not tried it before (I'm not really good in Shout). In theory, it increases closing down and tight marking, also the tempo I suppose. So in some rare cases, a super star opponent striker can exploit it. Because your defender closes him down in a rush, the skillful and determined striker can dribble through your defender and exploit the space behind him. Anyway I have not used it so honestly cannot provide you any suggestion.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by dzunglv View Post
    About "Hassle opponent" you should ask apvmoreira, because I have not tried it before (I'm not really good in Shout). In theory, it increases closing down and tight marking, also the tempo I suppose. So in some rare cases, a super star opponent striker can exploit it. Because your defender closes him down in a rush, the skillful and determined striker can dribble through your defender and exploit the space behind him. Anyway I have not used it so honestly cannot provide you any suggestion.
    That's might be true, but using it against Real Madrid, and using Jones as right full back, Ronaldo didn't had a chance, because Jones would anticipate, would do hard tackle, and didn't let Ronaldo do more than a couple of races in the field. I combine the hassle with hard tackling. A coach said, IRL, that the only way to stop Messi was with a Kalashnikov. This shout/OI is my Kalash!
    dzunglv likes this.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by apvmoreira View Post
    Dzunglv,

    I have avenge your lost in the ECL!! Won 1-3 against Real! Losing at the end of 1st half by an unnecessary penalty by Evra (sold to Marseile ), i scored 2 goals in a row (Vidic from a free kick and Casillas o.g.). Got Marcelo sent off and Welbeck scored the 3rd!

    The champions:

    Gea
    Jones, Evans Vidic, Evra
    Fltecher, Carrick
    Young, Rooney, Bale
    Welbeck

    Subs: Cleverly and Wilshere

    Walker didn't made the final as he got 2 yellow cards against City in the Semi final.

    Used Combo2 with hassle opponents from the beginning and when the 1-3 was made and they had only 10 i shouted closing down.

    Now i have bought 22 players, all regens, to start my project. 15 are British, the others are foreigns with PA higher than 180 (Thanks Genie Scout ). I will create a game philosophy based on PPMs and here you come!

    What are the PPMs better to make this tactic even better? I think playing at 1st touch is one, and pass before shooting also, but i need 2 or 3 more. With this i want to simulate Barca. That's right, i think your tactic with all the combos is appropriate for this.

    Anyone that wants to help are welcomed, ofc.

    Cheers
    Wow so you get Wilshere in your squad? I always want him but Arsenal want to much money try to grab him someday because he did it so good for me in FM12.

    Good PPMs depends on which Combo tactic you use. Because PPMs for 3Combo and 1Combo oppose to ones used for PPMs for 2Combo, so I think it will be better that you don't take care too much on this issue if you want to use all of my tactics.

    In case you just want to use one of my tactics so here it is:

    2Combo: strikers to break offside trap, place-shot, move into channel, attackers to break offside trap, go forward whenever possible, midfielder to try more killer ball, CMs to run with the ball less often, defenders to stay on feet

    1Combo: Player-maker to dictate tempo, defensive CM to play short pass simple, fullbacks to get forward whenever possible. If you can, also tutor the AMC to get into opposition area.

    About playing one-two, pass rather than shoot and long shot more often (or less often), it rather depends on particular player's attributes.i.e. wingers with low finish should learn to pass rather than shoot, low long shot should learn less often long shot.

    However, basically it will take very long time to build the game-style on PPMs. Besides learning PPMs, players also must unlearn some useless PPMs, and some PPMs are just never can be learnt by some players. So it will be more relevant to build the game-style on the players you have or intend to have.

    I myself do not care about PPMs much when I manage my team. Just unlearn some unnecessary PPMs, sometimes learn a few..

    Edit: Sometimes PPMs can ruin your team for no reason so be careful with them
    Last edited by dzunglv; 14/12/2012 at 07:35 PM.

  8. I think that:

    playing one-two
    pass rather than shoot
    break offside trap
    try more killer ball
    move into channel
    plays at 1st touch

    This ones could and should be used in all Combos, i think. They will get the ball to run fast and should make players to only shoot in the right place.

    I'm going to try this, only with my regens, so they, at the age of 14-18, will have at least 2 years to learn them and introduce them in the game. Older players will learn one or two.

    About Wilshere. i have spent 45 Mill on him. Sold RVP (scored 3 goals, never adapted to striker, AMR or AMC), sold Nani and Valencia. At the end of the season, i've sold Evra, will sell Vidic, Lindergard, Rafael and his brother and just got Giggs to renew until 2018!!!! The only foreigns i will keep until i have my regens developed is Kagawa, and De Gea.
    dzunglv likes this.

  9. prescottrh
    Sunderland Reserve
    #99
    Quote Originally Posted by apvmoreira View Post
    Sold RVP (scored 3 goals, never adapted to striker, AMR or AMC
    If you play him as a striker set the dlp to the mcl player rather than the mcr so the ball is played to VP's stronger foot.
    dzunglv likes this.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by prescottrh View Post
    If you play him as a striker set the dlp to the mcl player rather than the mcr so the ball is played to VP's stronger foot.
    it's to late m8. Rooney scored 31 in 28 league games and now is set to AMC. Welbeck is now my main striker and despite he does not score much, the Ams are scoring and the team is playing well.

    I now have Chihcarito on sale too, as i have 3 regens who will be subs for the entire season. hope they will raise to the expectations and make me win the EPL and the ECL again.
    dzunglv likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Awsome Title winning tactic with liverpool 1st season!
    By istate in forum Football Manager 2012 Tactics & Training
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 26/09/2012, 10:00 PM
  2. Belgium tactic - three man defense
    By intuitiv in forum Football Manager 2012 Tactics & Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19/06/2012, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24/05/2011, 10:20 PM
  4. FXX (Command & Conquer) tactic
    By ojikingsley in forum Football Manager 2011 Tactics & Training
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14/02/2011, 07:18 PM
  5. all you need are three tactics
    By chronic haze in forum Football Manager 2010 Tactics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 30/12/2009, 11:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO