Like Tree3Likes

Tiki-Taka/Possession passing style football tactics for english non-league clubs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Tiki-Taka/Possession passing style football tactics for english non-league clubs?

Tiki-Taka/Possession short passing style football tactics for English non-league clubs? ie Blue Square Bet North or South Leagues.Has anyone had any luck with playing this style of football at English non-league clubs?, I like to play like Barcelona/Arsenal/Swansea/Ajax/Athletic Bilbao style, and also like start at lower leagues because it's more real!. If you have what tactics did you use?. I've tired old tactics from FM12, I've found a successful one yet!. Also what team are you using?. What players have you found who can that style at level?. I've tried formation like 2-3-2-3-0, 4-2-3-1, 4-6-0 & 4-3-3, with very fluid or fluid/control short passing/high defensive line/pressing whole pitch/roaming position, more creative freedom or disciplined etc. Not sure if to play offside or counter attack, I try to use playmaker.
    Last edited by sdbrook; 08/12/2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: add more info
    Mrmuto likes this.

2. Its not the most effective style to use this year even if you have the right players IMO... Playing a High DF Line this year is suicide IRL if your DF isnt the quickest as long as they have good anticipation and positioning usually it fine well it doesnt work that way in the game or at least doesnt work like it should...
    One thing Iv found that I find really funny is it didn matter how quick or how slow I played my team still managed 76% pass completion... Iv now got it to 80%+ for 9/10 games but its still not what I want or how I want to play... Iv built an very strong side and one that should be easily capable of playing possession football but with the way the ME is its difficult for it to work consistently... So I just play a control style that creates lots and lots of chances and I dont bother with possession because the game does some seriously strange things when I play 'keep the ball'... Its weird how different my players act if I want to retain possession and play smart passes I watched 5 full games playing possession and 5 playing my current style and the difference is incredible... When my team plays possession they pass themselves into trouble creating stupid problems, I end up with lower pass completion and possession than the more attacking style I currently use...

I play as Cordoba (they do have the players for it) I tried to use a possession tactic in my first season something similar to my old one from last year after the first 8 games I had only won 2 and games were not going well... I focused on possession at home but countering away... around Xmas I noticed home record was in the bottom half but I was top of the away record so I switched to counter for home and away and ended up winning the league...
    For me theres too many ME issues to play possession Im sure there are instructions that will work but Im not willing to test it out now since I have a style that works and half does what I want it to do...

3. Hi CDXtreme, Thanks for advice, but how deep are you playing with defensive line?, also what's your formation & tactics are you using? or have you download a tactic?.

4. Quote Originally Posted by sdbrook View Post
    Hi CDXtreme, Thanks for advice, but how deep are you playing with defensive line?, also what's your formation & tactics are you using? or have you download a tactic?.
    I play it on a normal DF line you'll see it below...
    Tiki-Taka/Possession passing style football tactics for english non-league clubs?-c-rdoba-c.f.-sad_-tactics-team-2.png

Thats the only way I can play without getting caught on counter after every attack... Maybe you will have better luck I did have a bried period where a highline worked but eventually teams just started launching over the top of my DF...
    I use my own tactics but if I find something that works well for others I incorporate it into mine... My team is excellent on the ball and very creative so I could get away with playing very slow if I wanted but sometimes your guys get caught in possession... Possession tactics in general take awhile to tweak in order to get the best out of the team but this year I find the Match Engine is a little bit too inconsistent to work out some of the problems...

Il upload the shot of every position if you want?
    Im going to have to work on another tactic to try and improve my style starting to have problems again I only seem to have problems once me team starts to blow sides apart (I start off good, then tweak it start to destroy sides and then Il get a shock result and start to have problems)... ATM my problem is teams are destroying me down the flanks which is frustrating because I play fairly wide as it is...

5. Quote Originally Posted by CDXtreme View Post
    Attachment 289068

Thats the only way I can play without getting caught on counter after every attack... Maybe you will have better luck I did have a bried period where a highline worked but eventually teams just started launching over the top of my DF...
    I use my own tactics but if I find something that works well for others I incorporate it into mine... My team is excellent on the ball and very creative so I could get away with playing very slow if I wanted but sometimes your guys get caught in possession... Possession tactics in general take awhile to tweak in order to get the best out of the team but this year I find the Match Engine is a little bit too inconsistent to work out some of the problems...

Im going to have to work on another tactic to try and improve my style starting to have problems again I only seem to have problems once me team starts to blow sides apart (I start off good, then tweak it start to destroy sides and then Il get a shock result and start to have problems)... ATM my problem is teams are destroying me down the flanks which is frustrating because I play fairly wide as it is...

What skin is that? nice background

6. Quote Originally Posted by Djzone View Post
    What skin is that? nice background
    FM Carbon I think...

7. Quote Originally Posted by CDXtreme View Post
    Attachment 289068

Have you put your tactic in the tactics download section?

8. Quote Originally Posted by sdbrook View Post
    Have you put your tactic in the tactics download section?
    No mate I submitted it for approval just now so as soon as I know Il send you a link...

9. Quote Originally Posted by sdbrook View Post
    Tiki-Taka/Possession short passing style football tactics for English non-league clubs? ie Blue Square Bet North or South Leagues.Has anyone had any luck with playing this style of football at English non-league clubs?, I like to play like Barcelona/Arsenal/Swansea/Ajax/Athletic Bilbao style, and also like start at lower leagues because it's more real!. If you have what tactics did you use?. I've tired old tactics from FM12, I've found a successful one yet!. Also what team are you using?. What players have you found who can that style at level?. I've tried formation like 2-3-2-3-0, 4-2-3-1, 4-6-0 & 4-3-3, with very fluid or fluid/control short passing/high defensive line/pressing whole pitch/roaming position, more creative freedom or disciplined etc. Not sure if to play offside or counter attack, I try to use playmaker.
    Is anyone else trying play this way at lower league level, and have they had any success?.

10. tried with Crystal Palace no success with short passing tactics, get caught out always and end up losing my Job...!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast