Like Tree2Likes

Creating a Counter attack tactic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Creating a Counter attack tactic

Hey Guys..

Lately i've been trying to make a Counter attacking tactic.. but it seem to fail..

What i want from the tactic is, something like what real madrid does in real life.. Scoring a lot of goals from counter attacks, creating a lot of chances, even though they dont have the most possesion.. and then ofc conced only a few goals..

I created a tactic which actually turned out fairly good, but i only did score 1.6 as avg, although i conceded only 0.8 as avg.

Any help or tips on how to make a successful counter attack is highly appreciated.. And please dont link any already made tactics!

Thanks in Advance

2. Anyone?

3. Hey mate!

What's your team? It depends on your team, I guess.

I suggest:

Fluid/balanced
    Counter-Attack

Direct pass
    More disciplined aproach
    Press more
    Zonal Marking
    More roaming

What do you think about shouts? I think they're very useful to our approaches in this FM. You can use them to push up your defence, play narrower, etc. Raikan as a very good guide to do this.

Then, I guess you have to look at your team. Do you have a good deep lying playmaker? A good defensive mid or anchor men? It's about your team to specify the roles of the players. Maybe if you put here I can give you an opinion.

4. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    Hey mate!

What's your team? It depends on your team, I guess.

I suggest:

Fluid/balanced
    Counter-Attack

Direct pass
    More disciplined aproach
    Press more
    Zonal Marking
    More roaming

What do you think about shouts? I think they're very useful to our approaches in this FM. You can use them to push up your defence, play narrower, etc. Raikan as a very good guide to do this.

Then, I guess you have to look at your team. Do you have a good deep lying playmaker? A good defensive mid or anchor men? It's about your team to specify the roles of the players. Maybe if you put here I can give you an opinion.
    I am using the shouts: Get ball forward, pass into space and get the ball into the box.

I am using Anchorman+Dlp as the DMC's,
    jukilo likes this.

5. Hmmm.. I guess it depends on the opposition. Get ball forward increases the passing range and the tempo. Maybe it's not good for some games, when you're leading for 1-0 and need to keep the ball. For example, if you use "push higher up" but don't penetrate in opposition, it's good to untick that shout to make the other team leave their's midfield and then you can bang them in counter-attack. In other example, Mike suggests other combo: drop deeper, retain possession and pass into space. Makes the same effect. You have to read about the shouts and keep an eye on the match and see what happens and then decide.

As for the players (you're Madrid I guess) I'll use that combo (dlp+anchor men), AML (Ronaldo as IF), AMC (Ozil, Kaka as Attack'in midfielder), Di Maria as Right Midfielder to provide some security (Defensive Winger), and Benzema or Higuain as Poacher. If use Modric I think the best role is in the MC spot as Advanced Playmaker and then Di Maria play in AMR (IF)

This is my opinion...

6. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    Hmmm.. I guess it depends on the opposition. Get ball forward increases the passing range and the tempo. Maybe it's not good for some games, when you're leading for 1-0 and need to keep the ball. For example, if you use "push higher up" but don't penetrate in opposition, it's good to untick that shout to make the other team leave their's midfield and then you can bang them in counter-attack. In other example, Mike suggests other combo: drop deeper, retain possession and pass into space. Makes the same effect. You have to read about the shouts and keep an eye on the match and see what happens and then decide.

As for the players (you're Madrid I guess) I'll use that combo (dlp+anchor men), AML (Ronaldo as IF), AMC (Ozil, Kaka as Attack'in midfielder), Di Maria as Right Midfielder to provide some security (Defensive Winger), and Benzema or Higuain as Poacher. If use Modric I think the best role is in the MC spot as Advanced Playmaker and then Di Maria play in AMR (IF)

This is my opinion...
    Well i am planning to play Özil as an advanced playmaker and both ronaldo and di maria as inside forwards, and benzema as poacher.
    jukilo likes this.

7. Of course that's the ideal plan. But be aware about the gap in the midfield..
    Good luck

8. Counter attack works better with a deep defensive line, direct passing and wing play I think.

9. try this one from fmkorea.net,i not the maker...
    its base on Arsenal 0304 Unbeaten season,i call it "onetouch & quick counter tactic".

Creating a Counter attack tactic-0cd8d50e0f61d7d1177c8fce069ea18c.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kpsia518; 17/12/2012 at 09:30 AM.

10. I would give Woody's counter tactic or the tactic I have uploaded here myself. They are both tactics which are predominantly built around quick, effective counter attacking (my favorite style of play)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast