how can I improve my tactic?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. how can I improve my tactic?

my tactic:

how can I improve my tactic?-liverpool_-tactics-team-2.png

its a possesion tactic and I indeed have a lot of possesion but not enough chances and my defence is poor as well.. how can I improve my tactic to control in their half of the field and not mine so they wont be able to get to enough chances to score.. please help!

Last edited by danikel; 20/12/2012 at 09:24 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by danikel View Post
    my tactic:

Attachment 292747

its a possesion tactic and I indeed have a lot of possesion but not enough chances and my defence is poor as well.. how can I improve my tactic to control in their half of the field and not mine so they wont be able to get to enough chances to score.. please help!

Before I and others Will help you, would you be so kind Of telling us if you have made any more tweaks to the settings than the ones visible in the team settings.

Cheers

3. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post
    Before I and others Will help you, would you be so kind Of telling us if you have made any more tweaks to the settings than the ones visible in the team settings.

Cheers
    central defenders:
    how can I improve my tactic?-center-defender.png
    full backs:
    how can I improve my tactic?-full-back.png
    MCR:
    how can I improve my tactic?-mcr.png
    MCL:
    how can I improve my tactic?-mcl.png
    wingers:
    how can I improve my tactic?-wingers.png
    AMC:
    how can I improve my tactic?-amc.png
    striker:
    how can I improve my tactic?-striker.png

4. You might need to give a few more months for them to get accustomed to this short-style game.

But most obvious to me, and a trap I think a lot of new players (me included) fall into is being too obsessed with the short-passing style. From looking at your tactics, I think all your players are passing WAY too short, especially your playmakers. You're playmakers can't really make anything when you're instructing them only to make 2 cm passes!

So what happens when you play this style is yes, you get a lot of possession but not much from it. Especially against a defensively sound and disciplined team. Your team is tiki-taking is everywhere but when they can only make short passes often times these short passes will simply by sideway passes or when they try to get it slowly forward, gets cut out or tackled out and then you have to short again.

In short: Make your passing longer.

Also when you got the "time-wasting" to sometimes, your players be on the ball longer, which probably isn't helping either.
    Last edited by Coupdhaha; 20/12/2012 at 11:35 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Coupdhaha View Post
    You might need to give a few more months for them to get accustomed to this short-style game.

But most obvious to me, and a trap I think a lot of new players (me included) fall into is being too obsessed with the short-passing style. From looking at your tactics, I think all your players are passing WAY too short, especially your playmakers. You're playmakers can't really make anything when you're instructing them only to make 2 cm passes!

So what happens when you play this style is yes, you get a lot of possession but not much from it. Especially against a defensively sound and disciplined team. Your team is tiki-taking is everywhere but when they can only make short passes often times these short passes will simply by sideway passes or when they try to get it slowly forward, gets cut out or tackled out and then you have to short again.

In short: Make your passing longer.
    thanks! I changed my amc role to trequaratista and i won 7-1 against norwich but they still had a lot of shots (10) I had 20.. what should I do about the defence?

6. well... firstly where are the shots coming from and how many were on target?

If they had 10 shots and all where on target then I would worry. Also if they're coming from inside the penalty box then I would worry.

If their shots are coming from outside the penalty box and not on target (they usually go hand in hand). Personally I don't concede many but that's many due to be controlling the game and not letting them get too much of the ball.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Coupdhaha View Post
    well... firstly where are the shots coming from and how many were on target?

If they had 10 shots and all where on target then I would worry. Also if they're coming from inside the penalty box then I would worry.

If their shots are coming from outside the penalty box and not on target (they usually go hand in hand). Personally I don't concede many but that's many due to be controlling the game and not letting them get too much of the ball.
    3 of them were inside the box and the rest were coming from outside the box... 2 of their shots were on target..
    and I just won anji 2-1 but they had 24 shots and 54 % of possesion and I had 5 shots and 46% possesion.. that was an away game.. what should I do to avoid the enemy dominating the game>

8. Yeah, if 2/10 shots were on target I wouldn't worry too much about it.

like all other formations, there are some formations that the 4-3-2-1 is not good against. What sort of formation were they using?

It would simply have been the fact that you were playing away from home but a 24 to 5 shot ratio is worrying.

I have found (from practical experience) the 4-3-1-2 is something that the 4-3-2-1 copes poorly with.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Coupdhaha View Post
    Yeah, if 2/10 shots were on target I wouldn't worry too much about it.

like all other formations, there are some formations that the 4-3-2-1 is not good against. What sort of formation were they using?

It would simply have been the fact that you were playing away from home but a 24 to 5 shot ratio is worrying.

I have found (from practical experience) the 4-3-1-2 is something that the 4-3-2-1 copes poorly with.
    im using a 4-2-3-1 formation not a 4-3-2-1 formation and they used a deep 4-3-3... also look at the stats from my last game:

how can I improve my tactic?-liverpool-v-southampton_-field-split.png
    I do create chances but not enough shots on target although I control possesion.

10. anyone?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast