4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. 4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii

TESTERS NEEDED

Intro

Boys and girls, hello!

I've been a member of fmb for a good few years and never really posted/ uploaded anything of my own. So this is my first.

I created this tactic while playing as Newcastle, and had pretty good success with it I feel. It's a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, as said in the title, or a 4-3-3 in basic terms.

Without making any signings I managed to finish 2nd in the league during my first season, while also winning the league cup. This is actually a tweaked version of my tactic as the initial version got totally nurfed after the various game updates.

Formation + Team Instructions

4-1-2-2-1/ 4-3-3

4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-newcastle-united_-tactics-overview.png4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-newcastle-united_-tactics-team.png

League Table

4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.png

LC Final & Other Results

4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-arsenal-v-newcastle_-overview-overview.png4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-liverpool-v-newcastle_-overview-overview.png4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-newcastle-v-man-utd_-overview-overview.png

Fixtures/Results Overview

4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-newcastle-united_-fixtures-schedule.png4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-newcastle-united_-fixtures-schedule-2.png

Key Performers

4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-hatem-ben-arfa_-history-career-stats.png4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-papiss-ciss-_-history-career-stats.png4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-steven-taylor_-history-career-stats.png4-1-2-2-1 By Andaaii-vurnon-anita_-history-career-stats.png

Player Positions + Roles

GK- Defend
    WBR- Automatic
    WBL- Automatic
    CB's- Defend
    CDM- Anchorman
    DLP- Defend
    AP- Attack
    AML- IF- Support
    AMR- IF- Support
    STR- Poacher

Additional Info

I don't bother with any match shouts or OI. Pitch size is just standard too.

Wing backs are used to hug the touchline, to help give a balanced look about the play. Inside forwards will cut inside, leaving the wide areas free for the wing backs to run into and exploit.

I haven't tried this with any other team, so testers would be great. I'm also not claiming this is the best tactic ever, I'm looking for any help offered as much as anything. The problem I seem to have with this is, it seems to get sussed pretty quickly for the second season. I know there are plenty of FM tactical geniuses on here so if anyone could help improve it then I'm all ears! Or eyes in this case..

Hope it's as successful for you lot as it was for me!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by andynufc10; 24/12/2012 at 12:34 PM.

2. Would really appreciate any testers, for whatever level teams. Also it would be great if anyone could tweak it to help improve the tactic.

I'll give it a go in my Blackpool save as a secondary tactic. I'll let you know how I get on in the games I use it in.

4. Cheers man! Best to wait until the familiarity is high.

Yeah, I was planning to but I have had a bit of an injury crisis so instead of using crap players I decided to use your tactic even though familiarity was next to nothing. Two 1-1 draws so far so I'm hoping that once familiarity goes up it can be a successful tactic.

6. You should get a lot of joy out of Tom Ince with this. One of the main reasons I created the tactic how it is, was to try and get the best out of Hatem Ben Arfa. 21 goals the first season wasn't bad!

Yeah, he's playing well, however, Matt Phillips seems to be more effective coming from the left. Now that the familiarity is going up at the 4th time of asking, I've got my first win. I'm absolutely dominating the matches(in the last match I had 3 times the opponents shots and most of the possession) so that is an advantage and I think think that once it gets to full familiarity I be storming games.

8. That's what I'm trying to work on/tweak. Sure up the defence, to stop getting hit by sucker punches, and to try and make more of the shots at goal. The odd game I find myself losing 1-0 or 2-1 after they have 5 shots opposing to my 25

I'm getting a similar problem but my main problem is converting chances. E.g. I just played Bolton, and after having 60% possession, 19 shots to their 7, 9 on target to their 2, I still drew 0-0. I would usually put the scoring problem down to the players but I am scoring with other tactics and when I have the likes of Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Wellington Nem, Tom Ince and Matt Phillips, who are all brilliant championship-level players I think it might be down to the tactics. Any ideas? That's my only complaint though, other than that, well done on a great tactic. I wasn't planning on using it as often as I have but due to injuries I have been using it more than my main tactic and I'm on course for a play-off spot. I'll give you an update at the end of the season with how I get on when using your tactic.
    Last edited by Evilpiper007; 25/12/2012 at 12:19 AM.

10. Cheers for the input, I appreciate it! That's the only problem I've came across while using this, I just don't know where to start in order to fix it. Although there are an overload of shots on goal, there's sometimes a total drought of CCC's. Higher quality teams will get away with this more than lower, with persistence of individual quality. Just need that one boffin from here to take a look at it and see what needs adjusting!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast