Like Tree25Likes

Mr Langvatn's Underdog Beast

1. Mr Langvatn's Underdog Beast

Tactic updated 04.01.2013

Hello my fellow Football Managers!

A lot of people have been requesting an underdog tactic from me, so here it comes!

It is a 4-2-2-1-1 formation, and it is incredibly stable in the back, as well as quite okay going forward in my opinion. It is based on direct, counter-attacking football, so please get players who are quick in addition to the recommended stats for their roles.

I picked Reading as my test subject (most underdog team in the EPL). Throughout the first season I was just tweaking all the time, still made 7th place first season. The second season I tested the finished tactic, and had 6-2-0, then I went to bed, as I was quite content with the results both from this season and the last one. I bought ZERO players the second season.

Always give your team high bonuses in the competitions you want to do good in...

Keep your players happy. In this year's FM, this has a MUCH bigger impact than in previous editions.

Players: See the different roles + pace/acceleration

Most important player: Trequartista and Complete Forward

Match prep: Defensive positioning
    Training: Balanced
    Team Talk: Been using assistant manager to do that
    No opposition instructions

If you get a player sent off, take off the defensive midfielder.

When game starts, use match prep: tactics only, together with team cohesion training, 50/50 until your first league match. Then change to Balanced/Defensive Positioning. NB! Start the preseason 6 weeks before league start, so the tactic is 100% fluid before your first league game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mr Langvatn's Underdog Beast-reading_-tactics-overview.png   Mr Langvatn's Underdog Beast-reading_-training-team.png   Mr Langvatn's Underdog Beast-english-premier-division_-overview-stages-2.png  

Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr Langvatn; 04/01/2013 at 05:33 PM.

2. Please test it, and post results

3. I won Champions League with my Olympique de Marseille thanks to this tactic - it's awesome for hard opponents.
    GREAT JOB Mr Langvatn !

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9016/beztytuuwru.jpg

And yes, it's 2018, but trust me, my team isn't too good, especially for CL level, but we did it . Second thing - we did it with reserve squad, because I had hospital in my team before final..

4. Quote Originally Posted by abbes View Post
    I won Champions League with my Olympique de Marseille thanks to this tactic - it's awesome for hard opponents.
    GREAT JOB Mr Langvatn !

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9016/beztytuuwru.jpg

And yes, it's 2018, but trust me, my team isn't too good, especially for CL level, but we did it . Second thing - we did it with reserve squad, because I had hospital in my team before final..
    Fantastic! Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by Mr Langvatn; 01/01/2013 at 07:42 PM.

5. i will test..

your last two tactics have been outstanding..

currently top of BSP with Forest Green with Godlike
    Mr Langvatn likes this.

6. 4-2-2-1-1?? Screenshot...

7. Quote Originally Posted by MFerg91 View Post
    4-2-2-1-1?? Screenshot...
    There you go

8. got a picture of your results with this? This does seem more solid than the others. Non of your other ones worked for me as my team is Crystal Palace (everything was fluid too). Promoted first season, Finished 13th in prem and now struggling like a bitch barely above drop zone so will keep this one going till end of season.

9. Quote Originally Posted by branyik View Post
    got a picture of your results with this? This does seem more solid than the others. Non of your other ones worked for me as my team is Crystal Palace (everything was fluid too). Promoted first season, Finished 13th in prem and now struggling like a bitch barely above drop zone so will keep this one going till end of season.
    I haven't tested it long enough to post the results. Only 8 matches played with the tactic after completion. But you can see on the screenshots above that I'm on 1st place in October.

This tactic will definately work A LOT better as an underdog team..

10. i can see your top but can also see two losses in a row. I will keep this going though

+ Reply to Thread