This is a tactic based off the style Laudrup has implemented at Swansea as well as the work Rodgers has done.
It's a simple 4-3-3 :
- Sweeper Keeper - Will be competent at travelling outside of his box to sweep up any through balls
- Ball playing defender and a modern day centre back - These will both be competent and composed and taking there time and playing the ball out from the back
- 2 Wing backs stationed in the full back position - You'll need your 2 wing backs to be full of pace, they'll be expected to overlap with the inside forwards to provide through balls/crosses with the ability to get back whenever necessary
- 2 Deep lying play makers with an advanced playmaker - This is the most important zone on the pitch, these are the engine of the team, they'll be expected to continously be moving of the ball to find space to receive it in order to maintain possession
- 2 Inside forwards - This is the weapon of your team, the 2 inside forwards need to be full of pace, then continously be moving into channels to run at the opposition's defence to pick out any opportunity's on goal
- Complete forward - He'll be allowed to roam free and do his own thing in order to create chances for himself as well as his team mates
Training Schedule :
Pre-season - 1 Week tactics, 2nd week team cohesion and repeat on very high work load
During season - Balanced with an average work load
Match training - Tactics
I was predicted to avoid relegation with Swansea and am yet to make any transfers or loans
The Results :
The 2 losses we're both home games to Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur, I created enough opportunity's to bury them however my lack of fire power let me down.
Please upload your screenshots and keep me updated how this tactic fairs for you.
4-3-3 Laudrup style.tac