Like Tree6Likes

What's your view on possession tactics.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. What's your view on possession tactics.

I've been going hammer and tongs recently to try and implement a high pressing,tempo possession tactic and am just basically looking for the community's opinion on tiki taka/possession styled tactics.

What formation is most suited for quality ball retention/possession :
    • 4-3-3
    • 4-2-3-1
    • 5-2-3
    • 3-4-3
    • 4-3-2-1
    • 4-6-0
    • 5-4-1
    • 4-4-2
    Please specify on why you think it's the best formation cons & pros

What are the best player roles? I tend to go with :
    • Sweeper keeper
    • 2 Ball playing defenders
    • 2 Wing backs
    • 1 DLP
    • 1 Advanced DLP
    • 1 Advanced play maker
    • 2 Inside forwards
    • Trequartista
    Once again please specify on your reason of choice.

What do you set your specific team instructions at and why?

Defensive line ?/20
    Width ?/20
    Tempo ?/20
    Time wasting ?/20

1 click = 1/20

Do you favour tiki taka / possession styled tactics over other tactics? why/why not?

All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Marquinh0s, Frediszh and Mrmuto like this.

2. ohh finally somebody asks it the right way..

3. I'll be honest with you I am baffled by everyone's fascination with possession tactics. The forum is filled with Barca/Swansea tactics/saves. In real life I find it boring to watch. The Spanish league is essentially becoming like the Scottish league in that Barca and Madrid dominate so they face no real challenges. The teams I have enjoyed watching over the years are the teams that play fast tempo football and attack rather than look to clock up passes. If 2 or 3 passes can do it why take 10 or 15?

4. Quote Originally Posted by united762000 View Post
    I'll be honest with you I am baffled by everyone's fascination with possession tactics. The forum is filled with Barca/Swansea tactics/saves. In real life I find it boring to watch. The Spanish league is essentially becoming like the Scottish league in that Barca and Madrid dominate so they face no real challenges. The teams I have enjoyed watching over the years are the teams that play fast tempo football and attack rather than look to clock up passes. If 2 or 3 passes can do it why take 10 or 15?
    Yeh I agree with you the Liverpool side from 85-90 was phenomenal fast attacking pass and move, However Barcelona are spectacular they make everyone look ordinary.

There aren't many attacking attractive teams anymore tbh, I love watching Swansea play personally.

5. Quote Originally Posted by united762000 View Post
    I'll be honest with you I am baffled by everyone's fascination with possession tactics. The forum is filled with Barca/Swansea tactics/saves. In real life I find it boring to watch. The Spanish league is essentially becoming like the Scottish league in that Barca and Madrid dominate so they face no real challenges. The teams I have enjoyed watching over the years are the teams that play fast tempo football and attack rather than look to clock up passes. If 2 or 3 passes can do it why take 10 or 15?
    Atletico Madrid are second, ahead of Real Madrid by 7 points.

6. yeah but come the end of the season they will finish behind Real.

7. Quote Originally Posted by tomfmlfc View Post
    Yeh I agree with you the Liverpool side from 85-90 was phenomenal fast attacking pass and move, However Barcelona are spectacular they make everyone look ordinary.

There aren't many attacking attractive teams anymore tbh, I love watching Swansea play personally.
    the liverpool side back then was awesome. I'm not saying Barca are a bad side but they are hardly challenged in their domestic league. Would Messi be as effective week in/week out in the premier league? Before anyone says anything I am not saying he is not a good player. Not one of the greats though. Not yet anyway

eah the Liver

8. not one of the greats???? hes the greatest ever!!!
    Mrmuto likes this.

9. I would say to be considered a great you have to do it on the world stage. Ziddane and Maradona are by far the greatest players of all time. They proved it in numerous leagues and on the world stage by carrying their teams to and winning the final

10. yes, that's a valid point, but look what messi has done/won. At such a young age aswell. Zidane did make a pretty average team very good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast