GOALS AND CLEAN SHEETS v2.4 (13.2.2) (NEW UPDATE)
- First of all, i will introduce the tactic by showing you what kind of results you can achieve with a team like Tottenham (version 2.2 of the tactic) and Swansea (i used the version 2.0 of the tactic) in the first season, i also want to say that i will be continue testing this tactic with bigger and smaller teams.
- I hated Cardiff with the Tottenham save, they ruined the PERFECT season, but it's okey, we still won Europa League, Premier League and FA CUP. With Swansea I still had chances to win the league in the 36th round, but games against big teams and a bit of bad luck were against us, players like Hazard and AgŁero got me furious quite often. But i cannot compare them with my defenders. First the results with Tottenham, and then with Swansea.
- This is the team i built with Swansea, not much money spent and a lot to improve, most of the players can't make it for a top team like Manchester United, Chelsea or Man City, so our 3rd spot is quite a big achievement. With Tottenham i only bought Jovetic and Demba Ba.
THE TACTIC: 4-2-1-3
- General explanation - Possession: the key of the system will be controlling the ball until we find the right moment to perform a key pass, if not, try to manage the ball good, with the three midfielders, and with the enormous contribution of wing backs.
- General explanation - Attack: the attacking system consist in a highly fluent way of playing, with a lot of movement of the players, with a central striker who will try to move a lot into channels, meanwhile the AM's will be trying to occupy a spot into the defense, moving into channels, and generating holes in the opposition tactic, a real headache for the defenders, and more if we have in mind that the wing backs are going to be constantly in attacking positions, hugging touchline, but also cutting into channels, they will have a lot of goal chances. The brain, the centre midfielder, will have total freedom and will try to make a lot of key passes, also creating CCC. The right defensive midfielder (don't pay too much attention on the rol) will be something like a box to box midfielder, but he could also be a deep lying playmaker with defensive competence, it will help if he is good at long shots.
- General explanation - Defense: i think this is the most difficult aspect of this FM, and i struggled a lot to find a way to avoid conceding consistently. The team will press high and with a tight marking style, man to man, except for the 3 destruction players, the anchor man and the central backs.
IMPORTANT INDICATIONS ABOUT MARKING AND OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS
- Man marking: always assign special markings to wide players, your wing backs should mark the AML and AMR, or MR and ML, and your inside forwards always have to mark the DR and DL, or WBR and WBL.
- Opposition instructions: always tight marking and closing down to AM (RCL), M (RL), and show onto foot to FB and WB.
Pay attention to in-match changes from your opposition so you can adjust the instructions.
(UPDATE Note): when the opponent plays without DR, DL, WBR, WBL; or without AMR, AML, MR, ML (like Man City narrow 4-2-3-1), you have to assign MAN marking, not a special one to a special player, because the game make your players to mark any opponent, and in most of cases, bad choices.
- Goalkeepers: sweeper, best as possible, of course.
- Central Defenders: the usual, but pace and acceleration are important, specially on your right central defender who will act as cover, good mental attributes are important too.
- Wing Backs: decent defending and good attacking attributes, pace is also important.
- Anchor Man: the destructor of football, good defensive attributes and physical if you can.
- Defensive Midfielder Right: a box to box man, or a deep lying playmaker is a good player in this position.
- Central Midfielder: the brain, the Xavi/Riquelme, best as possible.
- Inside Forwards: skillfull, dribbling, finishing, passing, fast.
- Strikers: the "pichichi", a complete striker, the best as possible.
- Pitch Size - standard.
- Holidays - no, if you go on holidays, your assistant manager will not assign individual marking, so the results won't be the same, you can have some results, but not like when you play.
- Match Preparation - At the beggining, try to adapt to the tactic, and then you should focus on defending set pieces, because i've suffered a lot in that aspect.
- Team Talk - Do what you want, i let the assistant do the talk, he has to do something.
- Shouts - None.
- Red Cards - If you need to mantain the result and the possession, take the striker out. If you need to push and get a result try replacing the defensive midfielder.
- Extra - All the players have individual tweaks, so if you change something, it may alter the way the tactic work, so be careful with that.
DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.4 (NEW):
MEDIAFIRE > Rodrigo4073 - Goals and Clean Sheets v2.4.tac (UPDATED AGAIN)
DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.3 (AUTOMATIZED MARKINGS AND OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS): maybe the opposition get used to this so it's not as effective as 2.4 when you assign it every match, but if you have success with this one, feel free to use it MEDIAFIRE > Rodrigo4073 - Goals and Clean Sheets v2.3.tac
Well, this is all, i hope you find it useful, those people who use downloaded tactics and those who use them to learn a few more things and applying in your tactics (like me), good luck, and sorry for my english!