Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Zanchetta? Leo Aro? Dosek?
    first 2 i cant get and how good is dosek?

2. Dosek should be good for a season

3. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Dosek should be good for a season
    thanks for the help sorry if im being a pain

4. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    thanks for the help sorry if im being a pain
    Not at all, I'm interested in how you're going to get on don't forget to abuse the loan market!

5. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Not at all, I'm interested in how you're going to get on don't forget to abuse the loan market!
    did you ever loan any 1 from juv?

6. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    did you ever loan any 1 from juv?
    You can try first season for their reserves but they're pretty much all out on loan I think, or rejected me! They're good for when you're in Serie B.

7. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    You can try first season for their reserves but they're pretty much all out on loan I think, or rejected me! They're good for when you're in Serie B.
    i tryed to get leo bonatini but thay wanted him to play at a higher level

8. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    i tryed to get leo bonatini but thay wanted him to play at a higher level
    Yes think I had the same problem. Who have you brought in so far?

9. dosek and fortunatti

10. Update on my Valencia game. For the first season, plugged in this tactic midway. Keep in mind, I didn't have much money and we largely depended on loan signings for the squad. Also, we didn't have much quality for all the positions.

We finished 2nd above Barca!

2nd season, bolstered my team and made sure I had the right players without breaking the bank. Ended up with this line-up.

GK : Guaita, Smithies
    DL : Digne,
    DR : Corchia, Joao Pereira
    DC : Burdisso (Guillermo), Ruiz
    DC : Rami, Costa
    DM : Capoue, Marrone
    DM : Gago, Tino Costa
    ML : Lamela, Wijnaldum
    MR : Ayew, Feghouli
    FC : Destro, Ademilson
    FC : Soldado, Jonas

Season ended with this!

We did great in all competitions. Had a 30ish games unbeaten run too. We ended the season disappointingly after brilliant highs all season. In CL, we got dumped out on away goals to Man Utd, thanks to a Neymar magic solo goal. Copa Del Rey saw us losing by 3-1 against Sevilla. The team just didn't turn up.

All in all, pretty good season, best defense in the league as well as offence. Destro and Soldado almost caught Messi's 29 goal with 26 and 23 respectively though we still have 2 games to go for.

Big results were the amazing 5-1 thrashing we gave to Man City in CL's quarters after losing 3-0 at the Etihad (One of the best games I had in FM so far!). Beat Real 4-1 and Juve 3-0 in CL.
    seanhrfc and jukilo like this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by astillandsmall View Post
    Update on my Valencia game. For the first season, plugged in this tactic midway. Keep in mind, I didn't have much money and we largely depended on loan signings for the squad. Also, we didn't have much quality for all the positions.

We finished 2nd above Barca!

2nd season, bolstered my team and made sure I had the right players without breaking the bank. Ended up with this line-up.

GK : Guaita, Smithies
    DL : Digne,
    DR : Corchia, Joao Pereira
    DC : Burdisso (Guillermo), Ruiz
    DC : Rami, Costa
    DM : Capoue, Marrone
    DM : Gago, Tino Costa
    ML : Lamela, Wijnaldum
    MR : Ayew, Feghouli
    FC : Destro, Ademilson
    FC : Soldado, Jonas

Season ended with this!

We did great in all competitions. Had a 30ish games unbeaten run too. We ended the season disappointingly after brilliant highs all season. In CL, we got dumped out on away goals to Man Utd, thanks to a Neymar magic solo goal. Copa Del Rey saw us losing by 3-1 against Sevilla. The team just didn't turn up.

All in all, pretty good season, best defense in the league as well as offence. Destro and Soldado almost caught Messi's 29 goal with 26 and 23 respectively though we still have 2 games to go for.

Big results were the amazing 5-1 thrashing we gave to Man City in CL's quarters after losing 3-0 at the Etihad (One of the best games I had in FM so far!). Beat Real 4-1 and Juve 3-0 in CL.
    Quality results there! Will add to the OP.

12. Now finally I can show you some results from my save with Fortuna Sittard. I'm in my 3rd season and on the following screenshots you will see how bad this team really is.

Like you see we are predicted 18th and should fight bravely against relegation for the whole season. In every match we are the big underdog.

But we were able to catch 18 points after 12 games, which includes a 2:0 win against Feyenoord. We only conceded 9 goals! That's really good if you know who is the No.1 Keeper!

I recognized 2 things in this matches:

1. Win or Lose >>> We can't get a draw

2. It's really hard to go against a team that plays defensive against you. Played 2 games in KNVB Beker against lower league sides and we really struggled to score. We had to go through Overtime to win this matches.

But I'm really suprised what this tactic get out of this decent Jupiler League team!

Got an offer from Eintracht Frankfurt, so I will now test your tactic in the Bundesliga. Finally after 3 years I will be able to spend some money!

13. Anybody got any idea which league is the earliest game start date so I can extend my preseason longer? Thanks!

14. Quote Originally Posted by Udonking View Post
    Anybody got any idea which league is the earliest game start date so I can extend my preseason longer? Thanks!
    Brazil i think.

15. Sean,

After success with Wigan and Chelsea thought i may as well use the team I actually support.

This is the first game tactic not even fluid as the pics show....

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-whuchelsea.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-whutac.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-whutrans.png
    seanhrfc likes this.

16. really impressed with your knowledge of the beautiful game! tactic looks like worth a try as well will let you know results at a later date!
    seanhrfc likes this.

17. Started this with Swansea. I think with better players this would be a flawless tactic. Only conceded 3 in the league (2 coming the last match..) from 5 games and scoring 13!!

I signed:
    Tony Watt, Thomas Drage, Fernando (ex-Bordeaux), Gino Peruzzi, Gabriel Paletta, Fausto Pinto, Borja Gomez and Carlton Cole (loan).

I think I need a better Sweeper Keeper. Vorm is an excellent goalie but with him holding onto the ball I have conceded 2 of my 3 goals so far. I know it's early stages but whenever we have conceded, we haven't won.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-swansea-city_-tactics-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-swansea-city_-fixtures-schedule.png

So yeah, so far so good! Was disappointed with the Stoke game. Like I said, a Vorm mistake put them in front early.

I recommend Drage, he's not a first teamer from the start, although he has to play as Dyer is out for 2 months, he is still a fantastic player and is immense at direct Free-Kicks!

If i get money in January, I will look at a better 'keeper, maybe Forster and a better DM.

But this is a great tactic! Will use it in other games too!
    seanhrfc likes this.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Tom Nicholas Lacey View Post
    Started this with Swansea. I think with better players this would be a flawless tactic. Only conceded 3 in the league (2 coming the last match..) from 5 games and scoring 13!!

I signed:
    Tony Watt, Thomas Drage, Fernando (ex-Bordeaux), Gino Peruzzi, Gabriel Paletta, Fausto Pinto, Borja Gomez and Carlton Cole (loan).

I think I need a better Sweeper Keeper. Vorm is an excellent goalie but with him holding onto the ball I have conceded 2 of my 3 goals so far. I know it's early stages but whenever we have conceded, we haven't won.

Attachment 326276Attachment 326277

So yeah, so far so good! Was disappointed with the Stoke game. Like I said, a Vorm mistake put them in front early.

I recommend Drage, he's not a first teamer from the start, although he has to play as Dyer is out for 2 months, he is still a fantastic player and is immense at direct Free-Kicks!

If i get money in January, I will look at a better 'keeper, maybe Forster and a better DM.

Bro, which league do you start in?

19. Quote Originally Posted by Udonking View Post
    Bro, which league do you start in?
    Premier League mate.

20. As in the game start date. Which country?

21. Quote Originally Posted by Udonking View Post
    As in the game start date. Which country?
    Oh sorry. England (July)

22. Brilliant tactic.

I've never had so much fun in FM. My current Valencia save is going solid though it's still early days. Fact is, you DON'T NEED players like Messi or Ronaldo for this tactic to work. Just work on building a TEAM. I'm building a young one with Valencia and look to have them grow and flourish together in the coming seasons.

I've never had any bad games with the tactic apart from the usual 'off days' or plain bad luck. All I can say, for those having some troubles with it, KEEP AT IT, IT'S NOT THE TACTIC. It's probably your man management or morale or something. Afterall, it's FM, it's supposed to be realistic thus you can't expect to win everything every year. I don't see the point in playing it for the sole purpose of winning every game.

Sorry for having this really long post but I'd like to thank Sean for making FM worth the fun finally.

Finally, please post it over on the SI Forums, you'll get more feedback!

23. Also, for a more consistent season, make the most out of your pre-season!

Handling Pre-Season by Cleon

Check it, works like a charm!

24. Quote Originally Posted by ZicoAC View Post
    Now finally I can show you some results from my save with Fortuna Sittard. I'm in my 3rd season and on the following screenshots you will see how bad this team really is.

Like you see we are predicted 18th and should fight bravely against relegation for the whole season. In every match we are the big underdog.

But we were able to catch 18 points after 12 games, which includes a 2:0 win against Feyenoord. We only conceded 9 goals! That's really good if you know who is the No.1 Keeper!

I recognized 2 things in this matches:

1. Win or Lose >>> We can't get a draw

2. It's really hard to go against a team that plays defensive against you. Played 2 games in KNVB Beker against lower league sides and we really struggled to score. We had to go through Overtime to win this matches.

But I'm really suprised what this tactic get out of this decent Jupiler League team!

Got an offer from Eintracht Frankfurt, so I will now test your tactic in the Bundesliga. Finally after 3 years I will be able to spend some money!
    Nice work with Fortuna Sittard, always hard with no budget and low reputation, so sitting in the top half with them is good going. Best of luck at Frankfurt and don't go money crazy

25. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    Sean,

After success with Wigan and Chelsea thought i may as well use the team I actually support.

This is the first game tactic not even fluid as the pics show....

Attachment 326256Attachment 326257Attachment 326258
    Good start let me know how this goes.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Tom Nicholas Lacey View Post
    Started this with Swansea. I think with better players this would be a flawless tactic. Only conceded 3 in the league (2 coming the last match..) from 5 games and scoring 13!!

I signed:

Attachment 326276Attachment 326277

Good start there and I reckon the tactic will get better as it becomes more fluid. Good luck!

27. Quote Originally Posted by astillandsmall View Post
    Brilliant tactic.

I've never had so much fun in FM. My current Valencia save is going solid though it's still early days. Fact is, you DON'T NEED players like Messi or Ronaldo for this tactic to work. Just work on building a TEAM. I'm building a young one with Valencia and look to have them grow and flourish together in the coming seasons.

I've never had any bad games with the tactic apart from the usual 'off days' or plain bad luck. All I can say, for those having some troubles with it, KEEP AT IT, IT'S NOT THE TACTIC. It's probably your man management or morale or something. Afterall, it's FM, it's supposed to be realistic thus you can't expect to win everything every year. I don't see the point in playing it for the sole purpose of winning every game.

Sorry for having this really long post but I'd like to thank Sean for making FM worth the fun finally.

Finally, please post it over on the SI Forums, you'll get more feedback!
    Thanks mate, really appreciate the positive feedback and good luck on your road to world domination with Valencia

I'm looking to upload it onto there, but I wasn't sure how to attach my file on there.

28. Probably first plug & play tactic which is working for me. Playing FMC.

edit: probably most stable defense i have seen.
    seanhrfc likes this.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Roncerno View Post
    Probably first plug & play tactic which is working for me. Playing FMC.

edit: probably most stable defense i have seen.
    Nice work, who are you playing as?

30. This guy should is a beast of a ball playing def Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-stefan-strandberg_-overview-profile.png
    1.2mil from Rosenborg but I have the Norway leagues loaded
    seanhrfc likes this.

31. Quote Originally Posted by brocky76 View Post
    This guy should is a beast of a ball playing def Attachment 326281
    1.2mil from Rosenborg but I have the Norway leagues loaded
    Yup, bought him for West Brom and he is player is the season so far. He'll also do very well in the DM position.

32. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-vicente-iborra_-overview-profile.png

This fella as well DM 5.25M release clause from Levante
    seanhrfc likes this.

33. seanhrfc if i have strikers like: Lorente, Lewandowski, Vucinic, Matri where to play who ???
    Complete forward support for lorente big strong in the air can holding ball or what ?

34. Quote Originally Posted by herne79 View Post
    Yup, bought him for West Brom and he is player is the season so far. He'll also do very well in the DM position.

Yes played him there a few times cannot go wrong, cannot wait to see how good he gets

35. Earning a few credible draws away at Chelsea and at home to Spurs. Utd next.. Come on you Swans!

36. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-diego-costa_-overview-attributes.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-nicklas-helenius_-overview-attributes.png

Look at Douglas Costa been on fire in the CF position & Helenius a bargain at 2.4M and he can play AM or CF
    seanhrfc likes this.

37. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-manchester-united-v-swansea-city_-overview-overview.png

So so close!

38. Quote Originally Posted by ibro46 View Post
    seanhrfc if i have strikers like: Lorente, Lewandowski, Vucinic, Matri where to play who ???
    Complete forward support for lorente big strong in the air can holding ball or what ?
    I also play Juve.

Llorente in the CF role, Lewandowski as AF. Vucinic as backup for Llorente, Matri as back up to Lewandowski.

39. This tactic is great I just come 3rd in the league with my wolves team in 2016 but I used it for the last 3/4 of the season and I have just won the champions league and FA cup, very consistent, Thanks for the tactic :-)

40. Quote Originally Posted by ibro46 View Post
    seanhrfc if i have strikers like: Lorente, Lewandowski, Vucinic, Matri where to play who ???
    I agree with Herne79, Llorente & Lewandowski up top, with Vucinic & Matri as back up. Also with Llorente's aerial ability I'd have him attack the near post on corners (do via player instructions and move the DCR to stand on far post).

41. Quote Originally Posted by brocky76 View Post
    Attachment 326284Attachment 326285

Look at Douglas Costa been on fire in the CF position & Helenius a bargain at 2.4M and he can play AM or CF
    Cheers for the player recommendations, all very good! Will add them to the OP when I update it.

42. Quote Originally Posted by Tom Nicholas Lacey View Post
    Attachment 326287

So so close!
    Ah, so unlucky, typical Man Utd! Keep going the results will come

43. I've just posted this on the SI Forum, so will hopefully get some good feedback on there! It's needs to be accepted by a moderator but hopefully will be on there shortly.

44. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Ah, so unlucky, typical Man Utd! Keep going the results will come
    Drawn my last 5. Although they were against Chelsea (Away), Spurs (Home), Utd (Away), Villa (Home) & Newcastle (Away).

Not too down about it, we're competing well against the top sides and with a bit of added quality I can see us winning these matches.

45. Have you tried holding a team meeting? If I go a few games without winning I hold one to give them a kick up the arse/motivation/belief.

46. End of the first season.
    - Victory in the English league
    - Victory in the FA Cup
    - Second Place Capital One Cup
    - Winning the Europa League

:-D

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-03_200025.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-03_200050.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-03_200117.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-03_200403.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-03_200413.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-03_200420.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-03_200610.jpg

47. Quote Originally Posted by Warson View Post
    End of the first season.
    - Victory in the English league
    - Victory in the FA Cup
    - Second Place Capital One Cup
    - Winning the Europa League

:-D

Attachment 326399Attachment 326401Attachment 326402Attachment 326405Attachment 326406Attachment 326408Attachment 326413
    Fantastic results, well done!

48. My second season with besiktas is over. The season was fantastic. I finished 3. my cl group and go to europa cup I won the euro cup beating arsenal in the final

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-03_00001.jpg Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-03_00002.jpg

And this is my squad

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-03_00004.jpg
    seanhrfc likes this.

49. got promoted to the premier league for the 2015/16 season with Oldham Atheltic without using this tactic. Started using this tactic and avoided relegation on goal difference on the last day of the season with a draw against Chelsea. I had a very very weak team a lot of players from league 1 so it is a very good achievement. Will try to buy well this season. Was very impressed with this tactic especially against the top teams however was a bit disappointed with home games against relegation rivals. Thanks for this tactic though i think it will work wonders with a few additions.
    seanhrfc likes this.

50. Frequent reader but I thought I'd post to tell you your tactic is very good mate, tried this with Lecce who is in Italian Serie C1 and won the league comfortably what was more impressive though I found with this tactic is that it was very effective against big teams. I managed to get to the semi-finals of the Italian Cup beating Juventus (Away) on penalties and Inter (Away) 2-0 (Inter didn't even manage a shot on target!) until I met my match against eventual cup winners Lazio.

All of the players I frequently used all managed a rating above 7.00, Ferrario was a monster from your corner setup and Chevanton & Salvatore Foti worked excellently together up front which I was happy with as I was struggling to get them both to work together well in a league they should be dominating.

I'll post screenshots in a minute but I thought I'd let you know good work!
    Last edited by NattoKilla; 03/04/2013 at 09:41 PM.
    seanhrfc likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO