Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tom Nicholas Lacey View Post
    I fancy trying this with a new team. My Swansea game going well on Laptop but want something new on PC.
    How about a long term lower league game - start in non-league?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatel View Post
    I guess you tweaked this tactic:
    Duke: Underdogs May Roar WBA 1st season treble 0 loss

im also working on a same tweak :p
    Erm no? This is a tweak to seanhrfc's tactic which is why it's posted in this thread, and a tactic I've been following right from the start. No idea what that other tactic is.
    Sigmatel likes this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by herne79 View Post
    Erm no? This is a tweak to seanhrfc's tactic which is why it's posted in this thread, and a tactic I've been following right from the start. No idea what that other tactic is.
    baah i got confuse looks same
    i test your tweak now i hope it work better to low teams ^^
    ty
    herne79 likes this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatel View Post
    baah i got confuse looks same
    i test your tweak now i hope it work better to low teams ^^
    ty
    It will be interesting to see if it does.

It's a tweak I have only ever used with Real Madrid, so fingers crossed for the low teams .

5. Quote Originally Posted by quickzombie View Post
    Can you post this please?
    Just change MR/L to AMR/L (winger attack), the CF to AMC (advanced playmaker support), put the advanced forward in a central position, and make sure that both DMC are on support (for some reason one of them changes to defensive when you change to this formation). I also set playmaker to "none", as this tactic is about teamwork, not relying on one player.

As herne79 said, just leave the defenders and DMCs with the original settings, and experiment with the other positions.

6. Do people keep this tactic on attacking away from home. At home it is really good but away its inconsistent. Can people recommend ways to improve it away from home against the big teams mainly?

Thanks

7. Hi Sean,

Thanks for creating this tactics, early signs suggest it's gonna be superb!. Just took over Liverpool in 2016/17 season as they have turned into nothing but a medicore middle of the table team (realistic) so looking to return the glory days having had individual success with Man Utd and Real Madrid, looking to return to the PL I've gone to rivals Liverpool!.

First 6 or 7 games we didnt really do anything with this tactic, odd win here and there but conceded many and probably had a record of 2-2-3, finally after the 6 or 7 games my players are adapting to the style and players slowly getting to grips with new positions eg. Jonjo Shelvey playing in a DM position. My squad is completely unbalanced with no option to rotate players but somehow we've gone on a superb run with solid foundations at the back, currently in Feb 2017 sitting 3rd in the table (way off 1st and 2 owned by Manchester) but have just destroyed my previous club Real Madrid in the Champs League knockout phase 5-1 on aggregate. I think we've conceded no more than 3 goals in the last 13 matches, really coming of age!.

I cant wait to sort the squad out in the summer, my only concern is despite using the player filters provided in the OP the lack of quality across the database is shocking. Anything I can do to improve my exisiting players? Any particular PPM duties that would increase their efficiency?

Spot on tactic tho, I love the way the wingers find space in the middle of pack to devastating effect...even AMC or MC that I play there (despite graded red) certainly seem to do some damage!

Thanks for keeping my career going!
    seanhrfc likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Sharkybhoy01210 View Post
    Has anyone tried it with PSG? Working in France at the moment and got a bet on with some french colleagues but everyone is struggling with them!
    And if nobody has tried it do you think it would work? Just thinking of players like Pastore, Lavezzi, Verratti...
    I am sure it would because with OGC Nice won the treble all against PSG they have a much better team so I am sure it would be great!

9. Quote Originally Posted by celticfc482 View Post
    Do people keep this tactic on attacking away from home. At home it is really good but away its inconsistent. Can people recommend ways to improve it away from home against the big teams mainly?

Thanks
    I've never changed the strategy no matter who I am or who I am playing against. I just have more defence minded players starting against the big teams. Who are you playing as?

10. Quote Originally Posted by penza View Post
    I am sure it would because with OGC Nice won the treble all against PSG they have a much better team so I am sure it would be great!
    Agree with this, though a few players will have to be re-trained. Think someone had already had some success with PSG using this tactic.
    penza likes this.

11. leceister, the plan away from home is to play with bale at lm and chamberlain at rm, however I am afraid the formation is a bit open away from home. Although I can outscore the opposition I am not all the keen on conceding alot of goals plus it doesn't always work so drawing games and losing them is a problem. Do you know if the tactic works just as effectively on counter or control?

12. So sweet when things come together like this.
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-r.-madrid-v-barcelona_-stats-match-stats.png
    Total domination vs Barcelona

Messi scored their consolation in the 92nd minute.
    seanhrfc likes this.

13. anyone can send me the player filters from the OP? I cant download it and idk why. Will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! send to [email protected]

14. Quote Originally Posted by herne79 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if it does.

It's a tweak I have only ever used with Real Madrid, so fingers crossed for the low teams .
    Going well with Southampton at the moment,Sitting pretty in 5th first season.
    mouldy7890 and seanhrfc like this.

15. Quote Originally Posted by celticfc482 View Post
    leceister, the plan away from home is to play with bale at lm and chamberlain at rm, however I am afraid the formation is a bit open away from home. Although I can outscore the opposition I am not all the keen on conceding alot of goals plus it doesn't always work so drawing games and losing them is a problem. Do you know if the tactic works just as effectively on counter or control?
    I'm honestly not sure why you're conceding a lot of goals, this has always been a strong point for me. You could try switching to Control and see how it goes. What is your first 11? Bale & Chamberlain are quality wingers for this tactic!

16. Anybody got a tweaked version of this at all?

17. Quote Originally Posted by kev1916 View Post
    Anybody got a tweaked version of this at all?
    What kind of tweaks are you after? There's a tweak to a 4-2-3-1 by Hernes79 a couple of pages back.

18. Back to back promotions with Lecce , absolutely dominated the league despite starting with no transfer funds for the second season.

I'll post some screenshots this time around.
    seanhrfc likes this.

19. Quote Originally Posted by NattoKilla View Post
    Back to back promotions with Lecce , absolutely dominated the league despite starting with no transfer funds for the second season.

I'll post some screenshots this time around.
    well done lecce have some good players for this tac was glad when thay went up so i did not have to play them in the leage good luck with the big boys

20. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    well done lecce have some good players for this tac was glad when thay went up so i did not have to play them in the leage good luck with the big boys
    Yeah the centre back pairing of Esposito & Ferrario is of Serie A standard, keeping them was tough especially for a club with finances and they already are on good money, they have a lot of bonuses and clauses just so I could get them to sign a long contracts, Foti & Chirico has developed really well,the biggest problem with Lecce is they have to many veterans that are no good after the second season (Chevanton, Giacomazzi, Pia, Roberto Di Maio, Bogliacino) however I do love that they all have high determination though, gotten my regen's determination from 7 to 16

Considering this tactic's success with the big teams in the Italian Cup, I think I'll aim for Europa League if I can get the signings I want.

21. My Europa League 1st round knockout ties, Kameni saving an 89th penalty in the 1st leg was the key for victory. The Stracq grabbed goals in both legs as well which was pleasing! Strandberg injured for 5 weeks so got Tamas in. Galatasary up next!

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-ajax-v-walsall_-overview-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall-v-ajax_-overview-overview.png

22. Here they are:

I used Attacking Movement Match Preparation for all my matches after finding out Defensive Positioning was resulting in nothing more than constant draws.

First Season:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-italian-serie-c1_a_-overview-stages.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-lecce_-fixtures-serie-c1-schedule.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-lecce_-fixtures-serie-c1-schedule-2.png
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-lecce_-fixtures-italian-cup-first-season-schedule.png

No Shots on target for Inter:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-inter-v-lecce_-stats-match-stats.png

Transfers:
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-lecce_-transfers-history.png

Second Season:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-italian-serie-b_-overview-stages.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-lecce_-fixtures-serie-b-schedule.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-lecce_-fixtures-serie-b-schedule-2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-lecce_-fixtures-serie-b-schedule-3.png

Transfers:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-lecce_-transfers-history-2.png

My Regen's

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-helmi-nabli_-overview-attributes.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-rocco-lascala_-overview-attributes.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-matteo-sperati_-overview-attributes.png
    mouldy7890 and seanhrfc like this.

23. There are some class regens in there NatoKilla!

24. European Dream is ended in Istanbul, good effort though!

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall-v-galatasaray_-overview-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-galatasaray-v-walsall_-overview-overview.png

Sean, is there any specific PPM's you recommend for this tactic?

25. Nice tactic. using it for my fc utrecht save.
    However i seem to have some problems with taking too many cards.
    finished the 6th game just now, and this is the 2nd game where 2 of my players are send off with an red card ( 2x yellow ).

26. Quote Originally Posted by mouldy7890 View Post
    European Dream is ended in Istanbul, good effort though!

Attachment 328562Attachment 328563

Sean, is there any specific PPM's you recommend for this tactic?
    Unlucky in Europe there, hows the league going? I have to admit I haven't looked into PPMs, will do a bit of reading up on them.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Forzautreg88 View Post
    Nice tactic. using it for my fc utrecht save.
    However i seem to have some problems with taking too many cards.
    finished the 6th game just now, and this is the 2nd game where 2 of my players are send off with an red card ( 2x yellow ).
    This is quite an aggressive tactic with lots of closing down. Are the players getting sent off overly aggressive? If they have 16+ aggression I always change the tackling to easy, or when a player goes to a yellow. Or you can use your subs for the booked players.

28. Ah cool.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes one on my players has 17 agression. the other has 12. but it was both times the same players.
    Will change it and see if it works .

29. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Unlucky in Europe there, hows the league going? I have to admit I haven't looked into PPMs, will do a bit of reading up on them.
    After winning 6 games on the spin, then these two results ultimately decided the season. I was top of the league with 2 games to go but then this happened. I had Fabio missing for this game and Safari isn't nowhere near his level sadly.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-cardiff-v-walsall_-overview-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tottenham-v-sunderland_-overview-overview.png

Leading into the final days fixtures, which were pretty academic as Tottenham smashed Brighton to send them down, so is this the final match day results and the final league table.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-english-premier-division_-matches-fixtures-results.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-english-premier-division_-overview-profile.png

I did manage to beat Spurs in the F.A Cup final though, to lift Walsall's first ever F.A Cup which was a small crumb of comfort after throwing away the league.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall-v-tottenham_-overview-overview.png

Season over-view and results:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-fixtures-schedule.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-fixtures-schedule-2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-fixtures-schedule-3.png

Now I must carry on strengthening for Walsall's Champions League assault next year and make sure I have more depth especially in both full back areas where I struggled towards the end of the season. Need better wingers too, I don't know if to sign Assaidi permanentyl for £2.8m as he was injured quite often but when he did play he did ok and chipped in with a few goals and assists. What do you reckon?

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-oussama-assaidi_-overview-attributes.png

Anyway once again, thanks Sean!! What a fantastic tactic! Even with my bargain basement team, then I came so close to winning the league and finished the usual suspects which was n
    Last edited by mouldy7890; 08/04/2013 at 10:10 PM.
    kitchin75 likes this.

30. how can i get my national side to become more familiar with this tactic as there is no training with national sides?

31. Quote Originally Posted by mouldy7890 View Post
    After winning 6 games on the spin, then these two results ultimately decided the season. I was top of the league with 2 games to go but then this happened. I had Fabio missing for this game and Safari isn't nowhere near his level sadly.

Attachment 328592Attachment 328593

Leading into the final days fixtures, which were pretty academic as Tottenham smashed Brighton to send them down, so is this the final match day results and the final league table.

Attachment 328605Attachment 328599

I did manage to beat Spurs in the F.A Cup final though, to lift Walsall's first ever F.A Cup which was a small crumb of comfort after throwing away the league.

Attachment 328610

Attachment 328600Attachment 328601Attachment 328602

Now I must carry on strengthening for Walsall's Champions League assault next year and make sure I have more depth especially in both full back areas where I struggled towards the end of the season. Need better wingers too, I don't know if to sign Assaidi permanentyl for £2.8m as he was injured quite often but when he did play he did ok and chipped in with a few goals and assists. What do you reckon?

Attachment 328619

Anyway once again, thanks Sean!! What a fantastic tactic! Even with my bargain basement team, then I came so close to winning the league and finished the usual suspects which was n
    very unlucky but wow to think where you started and to run it that close is just epic it goes to show how epic this tac is and with a few more players mate i think you will win the lot simply put fucking epic
    mouldy7890 likes this.

32. Quote Originally Posted by mouldy7890 View Post

Attachment 328592Attachment 328593

Attachment 328605Attachment 328599

Attachment 328610

Attachment 328600Attachment 328601Attachment 328602

Attachment 328619

This is amazing for first season in the prem! Congrats, though I'd be equally as frustrated to have not won the league.

Aissaidi looks like a good attacking option, though id be worried to play him against the big guns where I prefer to have more defensive wingers on.
    mouldy7890 likes this.

33. Quote Originally Posted by lordy View Post
    how can i get my national side to become more familiar with this tactic as there is no training with national sides?
    You can't with the national side, but it will be the same for all the teams you come up against too. My tactic went from Awkward to Accomplished during the Euros though.

34. Quote Originally Posted by herne79 View Post
    So sweet when things come together like this.
    Attachment 328526
    Total domination vs Barcelona

Messi scored their consolation in the 92nd minute.
    Hi Herne79,

Is this with your tweaked version from a few pages back?

35. Quote Originally Posted by ruudvanwarren View Post
    Hi Herne79,

yes i think it is

36. Quote Originally Posted by ruudvanwarren View Post
    Hi Herne79,

kitchin75 is right, it is

37. In my second season with Swansea, hoping to emulate the 5th placed finish from last year. 7 points in 4 games so far, not too bad with also winning my first game of the Europa League campaign against Legia Warsaw. Now for Spurs at White Hart Lane!
    seanhrfc likes this.

38. currently sitting 3rd in the prem with my birmingham side 2nd season won 10 drew6 lost 1 away to arsenal 3-0,but spanked man city 4-2.edit-just looked and won 8 out of the last 9
    Last edited by markbcfc; 08/04/2013 at 11:37 PM.
    seanhrfc likes this.

39. Quote Originally Posted by herne79 View Post
    kitchin75 is right, it is
    I seem to be having problems being able to update the OP post - it won't allow me to ''Go advanced'' as it normally does so I can add attachments, format etc.

If you like it may be worth starting a new thread, one for all variations of the original tactic and discussions on how it can be tweaked.

40. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    I seem to be having problems being able to update the OP post - it won't allow me to ''Go advanced'' as it normally does so I can add attachments, format etc.

If you like it may be worth starting a new thread, one for all variations of the original tactic and discussions on how it can be tweaked.
    I seem to have started something with these tweaks, so a new tweaks thread sounds like an idea - I'll start one off, with links back to your OP.

It'll save us getting too off topic here as well .

41. Quote Originally Posted by herne79 View Post
    I seem to have started something with these tweaks, so a new tweaks thread sounds like an idea - I'll start one off, with links back to your OP.

It'll save us getting too off topic here as well .
    Good stuff, will be able to contribute on there as well as soon as I actually start tweaking around.

42. well after 24 games without losing my next 3 games where a let down i lost 2 and draw 1 but who gives a shit i win the league thanks you very very much sean for a really epic tac 1 or not the best 1 i have ever tryed on any fm i love you man sorry but this is such a unreal tac cant think of any thing eles to say but WOW
    seanhrfc likes this.

43. Chuffed to bits with Seanhrfc's 4-4-2 and Herne79's 4-2-3-1 Tactics,I started using these tactics at the West Ham game and never looked back we had a great end to the season and I'm very happy with the Man Utd result away from home and the Liverpool result.Finished in 4th place! which is amazing for first season,Also won the FA Cup final!!.Overall possibly the best tactics on this years FM the defence is incredible!.Thanks!!

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-barclays-premier-league_-overview-profile.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-southampton_-fixtures-schedule.png

44. New tweaks thread open here Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2 Tweaks Thread
    mouldy7890 and Nova91 like this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    This is amazing for first season in the prem! Congrats, though I'd be equally as frustrated to have not won the league.

Aissaidi looks like a good attacking option, though id be worried to play him against the big guns where I prefer to have more defensive wingers on.
    Still a bit disappointed that I didn't win the league, but then at the start of the season I was negotiating avoiding relegation bonuses with my new signings.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-david-mould_-news-inbox-2.png

It is quite difficult to find defensive wingers at the moment, Antonio Valencia is transfer listed at Real Madrid but the want £14m for him which it way too much. Asamoah at Udinese isn't interested either so I have signed Belhanda on loan for the upcoming season from Man City and I have signed a 34 year old John Arne-Risse for the left who looks like he might be ok as defensive option there.

I tried to get Facundo Ferrerya on loan for the season but he can't get a work permit sadly just like with Kweuke in the last January window. Both of these would of had made me more confident of a title challenge.
    Last edited by mouldy7890; 09/04/2013 at 12:31 AM.

46. It's pretty hard finding ML/MR full stop unless you convert wingbacks and attacking midfielders.

Media has predicted my Lecce side to finish bottom of the Serie A, lol we'll see about that!

47. Agreed that finding quality M R/L is probably the hardest position, but I've found re-trained wing backs to be highly successful there.
    herne79 likes this.

48. 2nd season with OGC Nice got Inter, Tottenham and Stuttgart in my CL group I came first with 18 pts!! could not believe it - semis of the cup (coupe de la ligue) still have to play however league am 14 pts behind PSG in 2nd.. drew many games (like 6-7) only lost 1 though against PSG themselves .... so very happy overall just in the league had many stupid draws.. only spent 17£m so not too much money in my hands to build a strong squad but slowly will get there.. unfortunately got chelsea in the 1st knockout round so not ideal after coming 1st! ha
    seanhrfc and herne79 like this.

49. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Agreed that finding quality M R/L is probably the hardest position, but I've found re-trained wing backs to be highly successful there.
    This.

In my Juve save, I play De Ceglie on the left wing when Asamoah isn't available. De Ceglie isn't exactly the best wingback in the world but he performs so well there it's hard for me to put Asamoah back into the starting eleven.
    seanhrfc likes this.

50. Hey mate, im thinking of giving this a go on my talent factory save, as my current tacitc has ''died out''. Since its youth products only, id appreciate if you could give me a list of useful PPMs for each position and should i train my CMs(DMs) as defensive mids or BBMs to make them more versatile ? BBM sounds more logical in my opinion but what would suit them best? Its important with specific training as i need to develop them correctly

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO