Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Quote Originally Posted by ShaunWolf90 View Post
    Very very well. I keep promising screenshots, so apologies!

My Wolves save started off quite slowly, I found myself flirting with the play-offs from August-February.. then from that point onwards the quality just began to shine through. Sigurdarsson was very good in the RF role. Doumbia also did well at DM.

My stats were:

12/13 : 2nd
    13/14 : 9th
    14/15: 11th (Carling Cup)

Im currently 7th 14 games into 15/16. Now considering Wolves have peanuts to spend and to start with a squad completely opposite to the build of the tactic I think it is an outstanding feat.

What your tactic has done has badly made me want to create one of my own, which is probably the best compliment you can get from a fellow player on FM which is fully of users just happy to plug and use somebody elses work. Our names are very, very similar - maybe I can match your tactics too Doubt it though!

I will try and get some screenshots up as soon as I get home Sean. If only for Sigurdarsson's average rating throughout those seasons - he has been frightening!
    That's great progress - hopefully push for a European place via the league this year!

Tactics creating is my most enjoyable part of FM and is the reason I spend hours playing it. I've used others, read up on guides, tested loads. In FM13 there's over 200 saved tactics in my archive, ones I've created and downloaded. I've spent hours cracking out well thought out tactics that have failed miserably and also created others that have brought me success. Difference is this is the first one that I've uploaded (had done 2 before) that others are achieving just as well with. I'm extremely happy with this tactic and it took me several versions and hours to create. So the key in tactics creating is knowledge and perseverance. Best of luck with your new creations!

2. Is this tactic better using OI or without them?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_x_ View Post
    Is this tactic better using OI or without them?
    Slightly better, providing you are getting the OI's right.

4. Arrrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! My laptop crashed and the France game I had originally won 2-1 I just lost 3-0!!!!!!! F Sake.....

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_x_ View Post
    Is this tactic better using OI or without them?
    Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    From my experience they are quite important.

Tried this tactic on FMC and results are never as good as on full game and on FMC there is no option for OIs. Granted team talks may be a factor too here but all tactics I've tried on both versions of the game work equally well but with this one I definitely notice an improvement in results with OIs being used

6. These are my results with Man City first season so far, again I use NO OI's and ass man handles team talks and match prep:
    jukilo likes this.

7. you said in one post to close down and tight mark midfield(i suppose that includes any type of wingers and wing backs?) and attackers with pace/acceleration lower than 12(lower than 12 or 12 and lower?), did you mean both of those attributes or one of them ?

8. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W4NKER View Post
    From my experience they are quite important.

Tried this tactic on FMC and results are never as good as on full game and on FMC there is no option for OIs. Granted team talks may be a factor too here but all tactics I've tried on both versions of the game work equally well but with this one I definitely notice an improvement in results with OIs being used

Do you get your assistant to do it? Or do you do it yourself?

I apologize if most of this information has been answered on the OP. I just reasoned that with the amount of pages this thread has gone through, there has been a development in what method works best.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_x_ View Post

I apologize if most of this information has been answered on the OP. I just reasoned that with the amount of pages this thread has gone through, there has been a development in what method works best.
    Assistant

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_x_ View Post

Some people have reported success without using OIs. Personally I always use them. If you do, as the OP recommends, you'll need an assistant with decent defensive and tactical knowledge - or do them yourself.

Remember, if using an assistant for OIs, it doesn't need to be the "Assistant Manager". Any of your coaches will do, so long as they have defensive/tactical skills. In my West Brom save, I use my defensive coach for the OIs as he is better defensively and tactically than my AM.

11. What can I say? Just an amazing tactic. 1st season with swansea.
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-10_00001.jpg
    mouldy7890 and W4NKER like this.

12. Quote Originally Posted by tommm93 View Post
    What can I say? Just an amazing tactic. 1st season with swansea.
    Attachment 329028
    wich version do you use please?

13. Quote Originally Posted by tommm93 View Post
    Attachment 329028
    do u use OI?

14. Quote Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
    What is wrong with this Forum? everything crashes or stops working half way through every post???

Was going to say about the above.........just seven minutes in and a punt from 35-40 yards flies in and if thats not harsh, we also manage to concede TWO "that seemed harsh" penalties within minutes of each other.

Imagine this everytime you fail to win a game and tell me how quickly it gets old. Two nil down although i've outplayed the opposition and they have still managed a penalty miss that would have made things even worse.

I managed to save my players morale from falling through the floor after that game, but with Arsenal next away, we did not go out with our usual confidence and lost 2-0. At least we just about deserved to lose the Arsenal game, but it was only caused by what had happened in the Villa game previously.

Two defeats in our first 3 games and it appears that yet again "3rd season syndrome" or "qualify for the CL syndrome" is happening.
    maybe u buy a lot of new players... u know they need time to gel... i'm using this tactic 4 season and i dont have problems... only thing which interest me is OI... do u use them

15. Quote Originally Posted by Spikester View Post
    These are my results with Man City first season so far, again I use NO OI's and ass man handles team talks and match prep:
    Not bad results here, but I think they would be better if you were a bit more hands on - OIs, match prep & team talks.

Quote Originally Posted by pollackattack View Post
    you said in one post to close down and tight mark midfield(i suppose that includes any type of wingers and wing backs?) and attackers with pace/acceleration lower than 12(lower than 12 or 12 and lower?), did you mean both of those attributes or one of them ?
    In both of those attributes, for example a player with 16 pace and 11 acceleration is still going to be pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by herne79 View Post
    Some people have reported success without using OIs. Personally I always use them. If you do, as the OP recommends, you'll need an assistant with decent defensive and tactical knowledge - or do them yourself.

Remember, if using an assistant for OIs, it doesn't need to be the "Assistant Manager". Any of your coaches will do, so long as they have defensive/tactical skills. In my West Brom save, I use my defensive coach for the OIs as he is better defensively and tactically than my AM.
    Spot on with this.

Quote Originally Posted by tommm93 View Post
    Attachment 329028
    Amazing results for first season, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
    What is wrong with this Forum? everything crashes or stops working half way through every post???

Was going to say about the above.........just seven minutes in and a punt from 35-40 yards flies in and if thats not harsh, we also manage to concede TWO "that seemed harsh" penalties within minutes of each other.

Imagine this everytime you fail to win a game and tell me how quickly it gets old. Two nil down although i've outplayed the opposition and they have still managed a penalty miss that would have made things even worse.

I managed to save my players morale from falling through the floor after that game, but with Arsenal next away, we did not go out with our usual confidence and lost 2-0. At least we just about deserved to lose the Arsenal game, but it was only caused by what had happened in the Villa game previously.

Two defeats in our first 3 games and it appears that yet again "3rd season syndrome" or "qualify for the CL syndrome" is happening.
    First of all congrats on the 2nd place and winning the cups. I have to say this is a bit of a strange one and it's not something that I've come across myself or seen anybody else have problems with. The odd game, sure, but not on a regular basis. Have you thought about how you deal with these aspects of the game:

Transfers - do you make to many? are you getting the right players in etc.
    Media Handling
    Training
    Player Preferred Moves
    Player Management (could be a big one)
    Are you getting the OIs right?
    Team Talks

I think the crux of the matter has to come from deep in the micro-management somewhere.

16. Quick update with my Spurs team.

After 9 games in the Prem, this is how league stands:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-spurs_9jogos.png

And this is my fixtures until now, with some superb results:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-spurs_jogos_novembro.png

The best game and the best result until now, although it was to Capital One Cup:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-spurs_city.png

Spurs have a really good squad for this approach. Players like Dembele, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Dempsey and Naughton are essential with all their "all-roundness". The best tactic in FM13. For sure.
    mouldy7890 likes this.

17. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    Quick update with my Spurs team.

After 9 games in the Prem, this is how league stands:

Attachment 329061

And this is my fixtures until now, with some superb results:

Attachment 329062

The best game and the best result until now, although it was to Capital One Cup:

Attachment 329063

Spurs have a really good squad for this approach. Players like Dembele, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Dempsey and Naughton are essential with all their "all-roundness". The best tactic in FM13. For sure.
    Quality start here, lets hope it continues!

18. just finished my season with birmingham finished 2nd behind chelsea by 1 point,as it went down to the final game of the season.kozak is a beast for this tactic,45 goals in comps.just need to improve my defence now.top tactic mate
    mouldy7890 and jukilo like this.

19. Quote Originally Posted by markbcfc View Post
    just finished my season with birmingham finished 2nd behind chelsea by 1 point,as it went down to the final game of the season.kozak is a beast for this tactic,45 goals in comps.just need to improve my defence now.top tactic mate
    Amazing season! So this is 2nd season with Birmingham? Champions League football!

What transfer targets have you got in mind?

20. well second old firm game done i won 1-0 away from home celtic have a much better team than me and it seems im the only team that can beat them in the league
    seanhrfc and jukilo like this.

21. off topic. you mentioned youre a professional coach. can we actually find you in FM ?

22. yeah second seaon with birmingham.transfer wise ive been given 29m with wages of 500k so i i`m looking for new full backs,a centre back and a better complete forward,i could sign fierro for 3.5m but i`m not sure yet as i have a player koby arthur who came from the youth team looking brilliant after being tutored by zigic and santa cruz.,also i need a back up keeper.

23. Quote Originally Posted by pollackattack View Post
    off topic. you mentioned youre a professional coach. can we actually find you in FM ?

Unfortunately you can't, yet . I'm what would be a ''junior coach'' on the game, I don't work with the U18s. I'm a studying professional

24. Quote Originally Posted by markbcfc View Post
    yeah second seaon with birmingham.transfer wise ive been given 29m with wages of 500k so i i`m looking for new full backs,a centre back and a better complete forward,i could sign fierro for 3.5m but i`m not sure yet as i have a player koby arthur who came from the youth team looking brilliant after being tutored by zigic and santa cruz.,also i need a back up keeper.
    Nice transfer budget there. You could build a title winning side with that sort of money! Peruzzi/Corchia would be great DRs if you can get one of them.

25. Quote Originally Posted by markbcfc View Post
    yeah second seaon with birmingham.transfer wise ive been given 29m with wages of 500k so i i`m looking for new full backs,a centre back and a better complete forward,i could sign fierro for 3.5m but i`m not sure yet as i have a player koby arthur who came from the youth team looking brilliant after being tutored by zigic and santa cruz.,also i need a back up keeper.
    Personally I always like to bring in Jetro Willems at left back, great young player with a big future.

For a cheap centre back who can also play as DM, if you can find him look at Stefan Strandberg - cost me £750k from Rosenborg for West Brom and has been outstanding - after 6 months he's worth £4.1m. £8.75k a week as well, total bargain. And he's only 22! You may need to have Norway loaded to find him though . Hell, I'm even thinking about buying him for my Real Madrid save !

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-stefan-strandberg_-overview-profile.png

26. this is my squad at the moment

gk stockdale doyle
    rb spector
    lb murphy,hancox
    cb strandberg,davies,wootton
    dm mendes de silva,matic,mcarthur,shcaars,simao,gunnarsson
    wng dockal,redmond,drage,hult
    st kozak,sanogo,fierro(on loan)

as you can see i need a few players

27. Not sure what went wrong this time

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-hartlepool-united_-fixtures-schedule-2.png

28. thats very good definsive tactic but, some games my team just dont score.
    I have a lot of with 0-0. you need to improve the attack.

29. Quote Originally Posted by rahtehin View Post
    Not sure what went wrong this time

Attachment 329116
    Can you please provide as much detail as possible about your team, how you use the tactic, what players you have, training, player management etc.

I'm sure there will be something behind this, as much screen shots as possible please!

30. Quote Originally Posted by taljac28 View Post
    thats very good definsive tactic but, some games my team just dont score.
    I have a lot of with 0-0. you need to improve the attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Can you please provide as much detail as possible about your team, how you use the tactic, what players you have, training, player management etc.

I'm sure there will be something behind this, as much screen shots as possible please!
    This
    seanhrfc likes this.

31. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-hartlepool-united_-tactics-overview.png

See team above. Team is poor, might have to wait a season or two to get decent ones. Can't even get anyone on loan from the premier league because of board restrictions on wage !

Training, once fluid, I leave the training as your instructed. Match training mostly defensive, but at home games I try attacking movement. Usually it gives good results but not sure what is going wrong this season. Opposition instructions I leave it as it is as well.

32. update with ogc nice - lost both national cups (final vs Montpellier and Dijon) lost title to PSG too they had an incredible 96pts (I had 89pts so its not like I didn't do well ... 3rd place Lille with 65 (lol)
    and won the CL !!! beating the likes of Chelsea, Bayern, Porto and R. Madrid 3-0 in the final!! happy overall but the 2 cup finals is just gutful 1-0 (both) Spent £21m 2nd season and sold for £1m and 1st season did not spend a penny
    Haven't lost a game in CL too! thank you..

33. Quote Originally Posted by rahtehin View Post
    Attachment 329126

See team above. Team is poor, might have to wait a season or two to get decent ones. Can't even get anyone on loan from the premier league because of board restrictions on wage !

Training, once fluid, I leave the training as your instructed. Match training mostly defensive, but at home games I try attacking movement. Usually it gives good results but not sure what is going wrong this season. Opposition instructions I leave it as it is as well.
    Unfortunately I don't think the players you have are good enough to play at that level. This tactic can make average/mediocre teams perform well, but it will struggle without the players necessary for the tactic. Your best bet is to search through your game extensively for players - Africa, North Ameria, South America, Asia. If you don't have a large/custom database this may be difficult, I always ensure I have a large database, add players in top nations in Europe and wherever else you fancy. Also all International Players.

Tactical advice - you've had quite a few game where you've shipped a lot of goals. I'd advise to keep it on defensive positioning training all the time and keep match training all the way up. In team talks, if you don't already, give a lot of faith in the team, build their confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by penza View Post
    update with ogc nice - lost both national cups (final vs Montpellier and Dijon) lost title to PSG too they had an incredible 96pts (I had 89pts so its not like I didn't do well ... 3rd place Lille with 65 (lol)
    and won the CL !!! beating the likes of Chelsea, Bayern, Porto and R. Madrid 3-0 in the final!! happy overall but the 2 cup finals is just gutful 1-0 (both) Spent £21m 2nd season and sold for £1m and 1st season did not spend a penny
    Haven't lost a game in CL too! thank you..
    Nice work there, unlucky in being runners up in 3 comps, but winning the CL isn't a bad consolation!

34. just signed peruzzi for 7m for RB neil taylor for 5.75m from swansea for LB and kouyate from stuttgart for 7m for CB/DM
    mouldy7890 likes this.

35. I am getting murdered with this tactic with Lazio. Letting assistant take OI in the matches, just keep on losing, any pointers?

36. Quote Originally Posted by markbcfc View Post
    just signed peruzzi for 7m for RB neil taylor for 5.75m from swansea for LB and kouyate from stuttgart for 7m for CB/DM
    Nice signings! I went for Peruzzi on my Walsall file but he chose Norwich ahead of me. I have looked at Taylor as well but he is at Saints. Kouyatte looks like he could be a brickwall in in defence or holding midfield. Did you try again with Simao? He is my most consistent player.

Here is my transfer overview for the new season (first two are regens) and my Champions League group, won my opening 3 games in the league so far. Been busy last few days so not been able to press on with this as much I would of liked.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-transfers-history.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-european-champions-cup_-overview-stages.png

37. yeah got simao on a free,need a striker and goalkeeper now

38. Who is the star man in this tactic? I haven't seen any screenshots of a play in a certain role excelling? i.e their AF or their RM??

39. Walsall's debut game in the Champions League, not what I was expecting!

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall-v-dortmund_-overview-overview.png

This guy has turned out to be a good signing so far, he is labelled a wonderkid. He has scored quite a few goals and done well for me for £3m and he hasn't learned the lingo yet either.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-victor-andrade_-history-career-stats.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-victor-andrade_-overview-profile.png
    seanhrfc and MFerg91 like this.

40. Quote Originally Posted by Midnight54 View Post
    Who is the star man in this tactic? I haven't seen any screenshots of a play in a certain role excelling? i.e their AF or their RM??
    there are no star players its a tac that make a team play as a team

41. Another update on my fc utrecht save:

Just finished the first season winning the double and qualifying for the Champions league.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-eredivisie_-overview-stages.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-fc-utrecht_-transfers-history.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-psv-v-fc-utrecht_-untitled-post-match.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-fc-utrecht_-fixtures-schedule.png

42. Quote Originally Posted by johnny1980 View Post
    I am getting murdered with this tactic with Lazio. Letting assistant take OI in the matches, just keep on losing, any pointers?
    How good is your AI? Are you following the training instructions from first page? Do you have the right players?

Need a little bit more info to be able to help.

43. Quote Originally Posted by Midnight54 View Post
    Who is the star man in this tactic? I haven't seen any screenshots of a play in a certain role excelling? i.e their AF or their RM??
    No star man, its spread across the team. Its orientated around teamwork.

44. OMG thanks for this tactic. Been struggling with my own counter 442 with my lazio first year. 6 games left i changed to this tactic. won first game away with 4-0. First away win this year, and they havent even learned this tactic.

Thank you so much for giving my joy back to this game i played since cm 9798
    seanhrfc likes this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by johnny1980 View Post
    I am getting murdered with this tactic with Lazio. Letting assistant take OI in the matches, just keep on losing, any pointers?
    i had the same problem with qpr.put the wingers to support duty and place the training balance-average .def pot at 80%-20%
    my OP INST WINGERS show onto foot
    AMC close down always
    STRIKERS tight marking
    FULLBACKS hard tackling
    Last edited by manolo609; 10/04/2013 at 09:50 PM.

46. Grinding out the first season of a new save with Swindon and it's going well in the league however i am out of 2 cups (Capital One, JPT) so it's a bit nervy. Next to no budget or squad depth in key positions has seen me sign an influx of sub-standard (2-2.5 star rated) players along side a few exceptional talents (3.5 star +) on mostly freebies.

Screens:
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-10-22.22.10.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-10-22.22.43.jpg

Transfers:
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-10-22.24.56.jpg

Stars of the season so far:
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-10-22.28.26.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-10-22.29.41.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-10-22.30.02.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-10-22.30.19.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-10-22.24.03.jpg   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-10-22.24.18.jpg  
    seanhrfc likes this.

47. Quote Originally Posted by makman59 View Post
    wich version do you use please?
    The original, just do as he says on match prep and training and bingo!

48. regarding PPMs, i might have the following suggestions:
    FB - switch ball to other flank, knock ball past opponent (if acc and pace is good), get forward whenever possible(unsure about it, needs testing)
    CB - run with ball rarely
    DM - try killer balls often, theres possily other PPMs useful here, so come with suggestions
    Wingers - run with ball often, knock ball past opponent, try killer balls often, try one-twos
    CF - run with ball through centre, place shots, try killer balls often, come deep to get the ball, play one-twos(if fast)
    AF -run with ball through centre, place shots, knock ball past opponent(if fast), play one-twos

49. Just finished the domestic season. About to play in the 2022 Qatar World Cup with San Marino. Will Update when I have finished.

50. Third season with Burnley and I've just got this result against Madrid in the Champions League Quarter-Final! Incredible stats!Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-10-23.32.37.png
    mouldy7890, seanhrfc and silky like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO