Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Quote Originally Posted by GKorr View Post
    Anyone else notices a lack of through balls from their wingers?
    look up my PPM suggestions a few post behind. should help

2. Thank you, I will try that!

3. Has anyone compared this tactic to modern warfare from jassar (king jassar is the name of the tactic).. Im wondering which of these to use..

4. Is it possible to get a tweak with MCs and AMs instead? My squad has almost no DMs and MLs/MRs. For them to be inside forward perhaps too?

5. Quote Originally Posted by termyte View Post
    Is it possible to get a tweak with MCs and AMs instead? My squad has almost no DMs and MLs/MRs. For them to be inside forward perhaps too?
    I just made a tweak to this tactic with a MC and DMC instead because I have quality MCs. It is working well at the moment. However, I have a strong squad. I am managing Man utd. And a tweak with AMC and MC will be brilliant though!

6. Quote Originally Posted by donchen View Post
    I just made a tweak to this tactic with a MC and DMC instead because I have quality MCs. It is working well at the moment. However, I have a strong squad. I am managing Man utd. And a tweak with AMC and MC will be brilliant though!
    Yup, that'd be awesome. Really just any tweak that would turn the DMs into CMs. Or maybe just turn it into 4-1-2-2-1 with just one DM? That would fit most teams

7. I've been looking at tweaks and I really think that it is the DMs that make this so effective defensively. If you take one or both out a big degree of effectiveness is lost.

8. Sean how is your arsenal tactic going?

9. Its a good tactic, just not as strong as the original unfortunately. Its more Arsenal looking, but not quite as good results wise. (I ran the same test with Fulham, 15 gamse. Arsenal Tactic 7-5-3, Arrigo Sacchi 10-4-1)

10. Do people get their 2 strikers scoring consistently with this formation. The AF performs great and CF doesn't get nearly as many goals. Is there something i can change the CF to make him more effective scoring wise?

11. to those who have problem get better result by using this tactic, change the training defensive positioning to attacking movement....it works for me...currently unbeaten 24 games with same squad.....

12. Tried your tactic with Leicester very good in the league with a very solid defence but got knocked out of both cups in 1st game, will see how I get on in the premier league.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-npower-championship_-overview-profile.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester_-transfers-history.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester_-history-best-eleven.png  

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester-city_-fixtures-schedule-2.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester-city_-fixtures-schedule.png  
    seanhrfc likes this.

13. I've got a new tweak I believe. Will update soon
    Power, Spikester and jukilo like this.

14. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    I've got a new tweak I believe. Will update soon
    looking forward to this

15. Speechless!!! Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-english-premier-division_-overview-profile.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-english-premier-division_-stats-team.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tottenham-hotspur_-matches-schedule.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tottenham-hotspur_-matches-schedule-2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tottenham-v-man-utd_-overview-overview.png

And for those that think that with Spurs is too easy, look what happened with Aris in the greek league, Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-aris-salonika_-matches-schedule.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-aris-salonika_-matches-schedule-2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-greek-superleague_-overview-profile.png Aris has a squad that normally should fight for avoiding relegation, zero money, very hard to even loan players!!!
    mouldy7890, seanhrfc and jukilo like this.

16. unreal - pretty nothing else much to say

great solid tactic.
    As you can see - no real standout transfers
    the Norwegian lad Borven - a steal at 1.3m

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-barclays-premier-league_-overview-stages.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-blackburn_-transfers-history.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-torgeir-b-rven_-history-career-stats.png
    seanhrfc likes this.

17. Great results as per guys, keep up the good work!

Sorry for not revealing the latest tweak yet, been busy taking the world on in versus mode!

18. When can we expect this tweak?

19. Currently struggling to beat better teams than me away from home. Is there anything I can do to help this?

20. Quote Originally Posted by celticfc482 View Post
    Currently struggling to beat better teams than me away from home. Is there anything I can do to help this?
    Try putting Strategy on Control,Play your most defensive DM's. Motivate the team before kick off,Put your general training on defending and very high a few days before the match
    Last edited by Nova91; 12/04/2013 at 06:23 PM.

21. finished my first season after taking the swansea job. we finished 6th, would have been 5th if not for a last day draw. pretty good season.

seem to struggle with possession against the top teams and as a result have less chances. also at times we failed to take our chances or create many. most notably when i lost 3-1 to newcastle, they had two players sent off but we couldnt take advantage of that. maybe because of defensive match training?

also lost the league cup final to spurs. but my keeper and a couple defenders did have a melt down and had to be subbed

22. end of first season with this tactic - very very happy

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-barclays-premier-league_-overview-stages.png

undefeated at home. just away cost me league really - Jordan Rhodes 28 goals

23. Always pleasant when you win against your big rivals, specially the "manita"

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-fcp-v-slb_-overview-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-slb-v-sporting-por-_-overview-overview.png
    mouldy7890 likes this.

24. My last two games. Victor Andrade with another brace v Dortmund my team are on another level so far this season, won my first 13 games in the league. Only lost the Community Shield and away at fortress Celtic Park.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-man-city-v-walsall_-overview-overview.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-dortmund-v-walsall_-overview-overview.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-fixtures-schedule.png

Got this sexy regen coming in soon, can't wait! His goalscoring records at youth levels and MOTM awards is quite scary!

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-siro-volpe_-overview-profile-5.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-siro-volpe_-history-career-stats-2.png

25. can i know about pitch size i d likr to start a save in a italian lower leage..... and why not even approach about team talks

26. After those 2 great away wins, I drew my next game away at West Ham so my 100% record has gone.

I did just smash Barcelona (well Barcelona reserves more like) I have posted their team as well, as this result looks crazy without you knowing how under strength they were when I show my results/fixtures for the season.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall-v-barcelona_-overview-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall-v-barcelona_-stats-player-ratings.png

27. Hi.
    This tactic is just perfect.
    Can you tell me any solution for the tiredness in the players? i am playing with anji, i was champion first season and now playing the second season they get tired all the time.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Tavares Jorge View Post
    Hi.
    This tactic is just perfect.
    Can you tell me any solution for the tiredness in the players? i am playing with anji, i was champion first season and now playing the second season they get tired all the time.
    This tactic is high pressure football, so it will eat away at your player's fitness. So you need to have squad depth and rotate your players. If you are winning games easily then sub off your key players for the next games.

It is also good to train you players in other positions, especially your full backs to M/R and M/L so you have more options then.

29. Another scary performance from my Walsall team, this was from just telling them to go out and enjoy the game and then they come in at half time 4-0 up. WTF!!

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-chelsea-v-walsall_-overview-overview-2.png

Sean, I know I have thanked you numerous times for your tactic but I'll do it once again. Thanks!! This is some crazy stuff! All my player's agents keep asking for new contracts from their good performances and I don't want to do this when they have 2/3/4 years left on their current deals, so I am mostly disliked by many of them now.
    Last edited by mouldy7890; 12/04/2013 at 10:08 PM.
    jukilo likes this.

30. Quote Originally Posted by mouldy7890 View Post
    Another scary performance from my Walsall team, this was from just telling them to go out and enjoy the game and then they come in at half time 4-0 up. WTF!!

Attachment 330263

Sean, I know I have thanked you numerous times for your tactic but I'll do it once again. Thanks!! This is some crazy stuff! All my player's agents keep asking for new contracts from their good performances and I don't want to do this when they have 2/3/4 years left on their current deals, so I am mostly disliked by many of them now.
    thats because the best team talk is:
    team - no pressure(calm)
    then every formation - i have faith(passionate)

i always get green on all
    mouldy7890 likes this.

31. Richly deserved! I highly recommend this guy for teams with lower budgets. He cost me £3m, he is now worth £8.5m after a season and a half.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-david-mould_-news-inbox.png

32. Come on Sean! Give us more info on this tweak for this great tactic

33. Finally using your tactic, started my save with newcastle.

Still in Pre-Season so doing transfers but it looks like my team will be as such:

Krul
    Debuchy Mbiwa Coloccini Santon
    Anita/Sissoko Tiote
    Arfa Obertan
    Jovetic Abel Hernandez

When you say that you can get your ass man to do OI, do you recommend selecting this in the staff responsibilites page or is it better to select someone to do OIs during the game so that you can reset the OI at 60 mins (for example) when the opposition makes subs?

34. This tactic is amazing! Manchester United was crushed!

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-13_031946.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-13_032423.jpg
    Last edited by Warson; 13/04/2013 at 02:24 AM.
    mouldy7890 and jukilo like this.

35. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-lacina-traor-_-overview-profile.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-serie-a_-overview-stages.png
    1. I had a great seson with my Lazio team seson 2. I have slowly changed the starting eleven. Reached semi in CL to wich i think is great achivment.

I got a question. I am need a tall player to take care of all the crossings and bringing in Lacino Traore above for 30m euro/48months. Whut side should i play him in this tactic and should i changed complete or advanced to targetmen/support ?
    Anyone else used him in this tactic???

36. I started a new season with Juve Stabia ( Italia Serie B Win )

and that's the result for now :p
    Without do any transfer.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-juve-stabia_-partite-calendario.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-serie-b_-sommario-profilo.jpg

37. Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_x_ View Post
    Finally using your tactic, started my save with newcastle.

Still in Pre-Season so doing transfers but it looks like my team will be as such:

Krul
    Debuchy Mbiwa Coloccini Santon
    Anita/Sissoko Tiote
    Arfa Obertan
    Jovetic Abel Hernandez

When you say that you can get your ass man to do OI, do you recommend selecting this in the staff responsibilites page or is it better to select someone to do OIs during the game so that you can reset the OI at 60 mins (for example) when the opposition makes subs?
    Your absolutely spot on James :-)

38. Sorry guys, I got really into my versus games last night and then the gf came over. I'm off to football today but will be back on tonight.

39. 1st season: ogc nice won treble (league, league cup and fa cup)
    2nd season: won CL and french super cup (lost in both national cup finals and 2nd to PSG (97pts I had 89pts)
    3rd season: out of CL semis (lost 3-0 agg got red in return match against bayern) won both national cups, european super cup,
    club world championship and league (with 99pts!!)
    4th season: Signed for west brom after 8 games in relegation zone with 7 points will let you know how it goes!

40. 2nd season results with Leicester, lucky to make champions league with Man U losing 2-0 to Brighton last game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester_-transfers-history.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester_-history-best-eleven.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester-city_-fixtures-schedule-2.png  

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester-city_-fixtures-schedule.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.png  
    mouldy7890 likes this.

41. Quote Originally Posted by juret View Post
    Attachment 330362Attachment 330363
    1. I had a great seson with my Lazio team seson 2. I have slowly changed the starting eleven. Reached semi in CL to wich i think is great achivment.

I got a question. I am need a tall player to take care of all the crossings and bringing in Lacino Traore above for 30m euro/48months. Whut side should i play him in this tactic and should i changed complete or advanced to targetmen/support ?
    Anyone else used him in this tactic???
    just use him as complete forward, without any additional tweaks

42. Walsall 4th season summary

After finishing 2nd last season after throwing away the title losing at Cardiff, here are my 4th season results with this amazing tactic;

Best XI and transfer history:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-transfers-history.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-tactics-overview.png

Final League Table/F.A Cup/League Cup results
    + the one blot on the record

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-english-premier-division_-overview-profile.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-reading-v-walsall_-overview-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-man-utd-v-walsall_-overview-overview.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-swansea-v-walsall_-overview-overview-2.png

After coming so close to winning the title in my first season, then the team certainly made up for that disappointment by running away with the league title! League Cup final went to a dramatic penalty shoot-out, Manchester United suprisingly played two 16 year old regens in the game.
    F.A Cup was a walk in the park after an earlier 0-0 draw at home to Colchester in the 3rd round.

Champions League progress:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-european-champions-cup_-overview-stages.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall-v-man-utd_-overview-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-man-utd-v-walsall_-overview-overview-2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall-v-paris-saint-germain_-overview-overview.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-david-mould_-news-inbox.png

Second penalty shoot-out victory over Manchester United of the season. Nearly threw away a solid 1st leg lead. The final was a big disappointment, the team just couldn't score. PSG finished 5th as well in Ligue 1. They already have Lavezzi, Mandzukic and Lacina Traore and have just signed Gabbiadini and Carlos Vela on bosmans. Crazyness!

Full fixtures/results in full

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-fixtures-schedule.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-fixtures-schedule-2.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-fixtures-schedule-3.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-walsall_-fixtures-schedule-4.png

Few of my current and incoming regens:

Have high hopes for Maicon, he came in and scored a few goals towards the end of the season. I have signed Fierro on a bosman for next season but don't know if I will need him if Maicon continues to blossom.
    The keeper is pretty much at the same level of Kameni (who I might sell after one more season) and I have high hopes for Volpe from his goalscoring record at his current team at youth and first team levels. The amount of MOTM awards he received are ridiculous.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-maicon_-overview-profile.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-hikmet-caner_-overview-profile.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-siro-volpe_-overview-attributes.png

I don't know how to delete the thumbnail, but Panagiotis Tachtisidis attached is a great DM I got on a free. I am re-training him as a ball playing centre back as he has great stats to fit the role.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-panagiotis-tachtsidis_-overview-profile.png  
    Last edited by mouldy7890; 13/04/2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Trying to delete thumbnail
    jukilo and NattoKilla like this.

43. Congratulations Mouldy, certainly more evidence of how good this tactic is when you turn Walsall into Premier League champions within four seasons! I'll be very happy if I can replicate that with my Lecce side.
    mouldy7890 likes this.

44. mouldy. very inpressive do you let Assistant manager do your teamtalk and oi.

45. It has been so fun playing this file, just been concentrating on using the transfer market sensibly making sure the 2 domestic loans allowed are in key positions where I am lacking quality. Bringing in the unhappy players on loan from the big clubs like Belhanda and Henriquez from this season. Then in January I loaned in McDonald Mariga and Djibril Sidibe to make sure I had enough depth with the amount of fixtures ahead. I have been taking punts on free transfers and then just moving them on if they don't work out and using these transfer fees to cover signing on fees and agents fees for my better players.

NatoKilla, I would recommend the Greek guy who is attached to my last post. I don't think he would cost too much and Crisetig is fantastic too and Mariga done well for me when he played. I found this guy who might be worth a punt too, I haven't come across him on old files but he looks decent enough for £200k.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-marco-rojas_-overview-profile.png

46. Quote Originally Posted by ajmlfc View Post
    mouldy. very inpressive do you let Assistant manager do your teamtalk and oi.
    I let my assistant do the OI's against all teams and against lower teams then I let him do the teamtalks. Against the bigger teams I try and be assertive or calm and get the team to be relaxed by telling them they are underdogs. It has worked so far, but as the teams rep builds then I'm guessing I will have to change this.

My assistant is this guy I picked up, he starts at Fulham with Martin Jol.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-michael-lindeman_-overview-profile.png
    Last edited by mouldy7890; 13/04/2013 at 09:53 PM.

47. mouldy how did you do in your first season in the prem

48. Quote Originally Posted by mouldy7890 View Post
    I let my assistant do the OI's against all teams and against lower teams then I let him do the teamtalks. Against the bigger teams I try and be assertive or calm and get the team to be relaxed by telling them they are underdogs. It has worked so far, but as the teams rep builds then I'm guessing I will have to change this.

My assistant is this guy I picked up, he starts at Fulham with Martin Jol.

Attachment 330735
    you dont have to change your team talk according to rep. the best team talk is:
    calm - team - we're huge underdogs or enjoy the game(whichever is available to ease the pressure)
    then you do passionate - you have faith on every formation.

works for every team, everyone gets green and you might even get double morale bump. works for me for real madrid as well as wimbledon so rep doesnt matter
    mouldy7890 and W4NKER like this.

49. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    mouldy how did you do in your first season in the prem
    I finished 2nd to Spurs. I lost to Cardiff away on the penultimate games of the season after I had been on a great winning run.

Quote Originally Posted by pollackattack View Post
    you dont have to change your team talk according to rep. the best team talk is:
    calm - team - we're huge underdogs or enjoy the game(whichever is available to ease the pressure)
    then you do passionate - you have faith on every formation.

works for every team, everyone gets green and you might even get double morale bump. works for me for real madrid as well as wimbledon so rep doesnt matter
    Cheers pollack! I will give this a go more often. I really want to start a new lower league game in Germany, Italy or Holland where I don't know the lower league players as well as in England but I am really addicted to this one at the moment.
    Last edited by mouldy7890; 13/04/2013 at 10:23 PM.

50. thought I had done enough beating Arsenal 7-3 in the 1st leg of the champions league quarter final only for them to destroy me 6-1 in the 2nd leg to win 9-8 on aggregate, it could have been worse though Atletico Madrid beat Dormund 7-1 in the 1st leg only to lose 8-1 in the 2nd also 9-8 on aggregate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester-v-arsenal_-pitch-split.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-dortmund-v-.-madrid_-pitch-split.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-.-madrid-v-dortmund_-pitch-split.png  

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-arsenal-v-leicester_-pitch-split.png  

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO