Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

  1. no one that can make players filters for all the roles pls?

  2. Quote Originally Posted by mikedodgson View Post
    Would you mind updating the OP with specific attributes you would recommend for each position?

    Are you going to try it with a Premiership team by any chance?
    I have just done so and added some general player tips in there. At the moment I am too into my San Marino game to start a new game, but Danhimself1707 is testing it with Wigan.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    Quick Fixtures update for you...havent been able to test much becasue of work but each game i feel the tactic is getting stronger and the other teams being limited to a few changes. Corner set up is fantastic btw

    Attachment 323527
    Some great results in there, the Arsenal result aside. Considering the strength of the Wigan squad that's good going so well done! What is your starting 11 and what signings have you made? It's meant to be very difficult for teams to break through (Milan's team was very hard to break down under Sacchi) so I'm glad its looking that way.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by gotlandskommun View Post
    no one that can make players filters for all the roles pls?
    Sorry I am not sure how to do this, but I have written up the key attributes for specific positions.
    gotlandskommun likes this.

  5. Currently sitting 4th in the league 4 points of top after 16 games. 5 game win streak (4 in the league).

    Only added Wanyama and Yttergard Jenssen to my team.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    Currently sitting 4th in the league 4 points of top after 16 games. 5 game win streak (4 in the league).

    Only added Wanyama and Yttergard Jenssen to my team.
    That's fantastic. Wanyama is exactly the kind of player for the DM role and is versatile enough to play in CB if needed. Yttergard Jensen adds creativity to the DM too, so the balance that you have there is very similar to my own DMs (I've got Simao and Oriol Romeu).

    Great work, hope it continues!

  7. Yeah I felt I need to start strengthening from the back first building a solid base for survival but so far I'm challenging for Europe so we will see lol

    Getting the team talks and Opp instructions correct has been crucial.

    Ill post more screens 2moro with in match stats.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    Yeah I felt I need to start strengthening from the back first building a solid base for survival but so far I'm challenging for Europe so we will see lol

    Getting the team talks and Opp instructions correct has been crucial.

    Ill post more screens 2moro with in match stats.
    Just out of interest, what have you been doing with opposition instructions?

  9. Partly following what you said and what one of my coaching staff with high tactical knowledge says then using my knowledge of Prem players to have a nice mix.

    Btw don't switch to counter for the last 10mins of a game, just had Norwich get 2 goals after I made the switch....lesson learnt.
    (Drew 2-2)

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    Partly following what you said and what one of my coaching staff with high tactical knowledge says then using my knowledge of Prem players to have a nice mix.

    Btw don't switch to counter for the last 10mins of a game, just had Norwich get 2 goals after I made the switch....lesson learnt.
    (Drew 2-2)
    Good stuff on the opp instructions, I feel that they compliment the tactic well. No I don't switch from attacking, not even with the San Marino national team :p to hold onto leads I generally bring on more defensive personnel and put time wasting all the way up.

  11. Extremely happy with these results:

    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-san-marino-v-r.-madrid_-overview-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-san-marino-v-r.-madrid_-stats-match-stats.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-r.-madrid-v-san-marino_-overview-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-r.-madrid-v-san-marino_-stats-match-stats.png

    A 4-1 aggregate win over a far superior Real Madrid side! The defensive performance was outstanding. We closed down at all times and didn't allow gaps in our defence, forcing them for to take shots from long. When they did get into our box we blocked many of their shots. Over both games they failed to create a CCC and mustered only 3 half chances - we managed to get 5 CCCs!

    It may not be beautiful possession football (we can play good stuff also) but it goes to show what can be achieved by assembling a group of hard working, determined players!
    Last edited by seanhrfc; 27/03/2013 at 07:50 AM.
    jukilo likes this.

  12. hi guys. i'm a new comer here.

    i'd like to test out this tactic, but do you have screenshot for the slider (time-wasting,tempo,width, etc..)?
    seanhrfc likes this.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mayblog View Post
    hi guys. i'm a new comer here.

    i'd like to test out this tactic, but do you have screenshot for the slider (time-wasting,tempo,width, etc..)?
    Welcome to the forums Mayblog. If you download the tactic (on the front page) then you will able to see it. Though I believe the screen shot you are after is in the opening post, in the tactics section.

    Please feel free to feedback on the tactic, good and the bad!

  14. I've just added the screen shot you are looking for onto the opening post, didn't realise it wasn't on there already!

  15. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-san-marino_-fixtures-schedule-5.png

    My recent form! I'm now 6 points clear of Juve after just beating them, so 2 wins out of the last 4 games will wrap up the league.
    Raikan007 likes this.

  16. I've been trying this tactic out with my beloved Juventus in a new save, and results so far are impressive. It is also worth mentioning the number of CCCs being created - the most I have seen in matches for a while (albeit not in every match).

    I'm at the winter break and am miles ahead at the top of Serie A (unbeaten) and comfortably qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League. The only small downside for me is not being able to use Pirlo very much, Marchisio and Vidal are my first choice picks in the two DM positions. I usually play Marchisio as a box to box midfielder and Vidal as a ball winning midfielder, so they compliment each other very nicely in the DM position.

    I don't usually change my assistant manager but for this tactic I changed to Ayesteran, who has fantastic stats in tactics and defending thus helping the OIs.

    One other thought, when developing this tactic, did you try having just one DM and moving the freed up player into either a central midfield or advanced midfield position? Just wondering how that may impact the defence and the link up play to the forwards.

    Anyway, thumbs up from me for a good tactic

  17. Quote Originally Posted by mayblog View Post
    hi guys. i'm a new comer here.

    i'd like to test out this tactic, but do you have screenshot for the slider (time-wasting,tempo,width, etc..)?
    Some individual player instructions have also been changed, so just copying a screenshot of the team instructions won't give you the most from this tactic. Your best bet is to download it

  18. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Super Moderator
    I love this thread. Those of you who know me know I'm a devoted disciple of sacchi. What I like more here than the success of the setup, is how well the theory is explained. Sure you could play with weaker sides and players. But that wouldn't get the best because Sacchis demands were so high. But if you could meet them the results were outstanding. Used to play a Sacchi setup. I think it's the best looking football I've played in FM. I think Sacchis wide players were closer to wide mid attack than winger attack, but that's a minor gripe in what looks like an outstanding thread. I'm on my iPhone so I can't see the pictures well enough. What were the team instructions. I went with fluid because the 5 by 5 split was the very definition of Sacchis football.
    seanhrfc and jukilo like this.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by herne79 View Post
    I've been trying this tactic out with my beloved Juventus in a new save, and results so far are impressive. It is also worth mentioning the number of CCCs being created - the most I have seen in matches for a while (albeit not in every match).

    I'm at the winter break and am miles ahead at the top of Serie A (unbeaten) and comfortably qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League. The only small downside for me is not being able to use Pirlo very much, Marchisio and Vidal are my first choice picks in the two DM positions. I usually play Marchisio as a box to box midfielder and Vidal as a ball winning midfielder, so they compliment each other very nicely in the DM position.

    I don't usually change my assistant manager but for this tactic I changed to Ayesteran, who has fantastic stats in tactics and defending thus helping the OIs.

    One other thought, when developing this tactic, did you try having just one DM and moving the freed up player into either a central midfield or advanced midfield position? Just wondering how that may impact the defence and the link up play to the forwards.

    Anyway, thumbs up from me for a good tactic
    Glad to see you're getting results, and I think Juventus may be almost the perfect set up for this tactic. Would you be able to put some screen shots up? On the original post I'm going to add a section for User's progress and would like to add it in there.

    In terms of developing the tactic, I like to make little tweaks in game, but I always start with the original. For example if I'm trying to chase a result I will put the DMs into MC and have one as a DLP (support) and the other as CM (attack) which seems to work well.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
    I love this thread. Those of you who know me know I'm a devoted disciple of sacchi. What I like more here than the success of the setup, is how well the theory is explained. Sure you could play with weaker sides and players. But that wouldn't get the best because Sacchis demands were so high. But if you could meet them the results were outstanding. Used to play a Sacchi setup. I think it's the best looking football I've played in FM. I think Sacchis wide players were closer to wide mid attack than winger attack, but that's a minor gripe in what looks like an outstanding thread. I'm on my iPhone so I can't see the pictures well enough. What were the team instructions. I went with fluid because the 5 by 5 split was the very definition of Sacchis football.
    Cheers Mike appreciate the love . Yes I am a big fan of Sacchi's philosophy and I'm very happy to see a real life philosophy work on FM. As a football coach I am always developing my knowledge of the great coaches of the past and present and how their methods shape football. I have tried lots of different approaches in the past that are based on real life philosophies and they are normally okay but never had as much success as I have had with this.

    There are a few alterations with this tactic to a "pure" sacchi tactic. Sacchi would have had two CM roles, with one being more attacking than the other giving the 5-5 split. However trying this tactic with CMs the opposition seemed to find gaps between the defence and midfield to exploit, despite the high line. So I moved them to DM and made it very fluid so that they are more likely to bomb forward. Generally, one will support close to the ball and the other will push on, creating the Sacchi 5-5. With the wingers, they are probably much more like wide mids in the way they play. They don't hug the line and are very involved in the defensive phase unlike traditional wingers. Also neither of the strikers move in to channels because i wanted to keep them close together to get that inter-linking play and flick ons like Gullit & Van Basten.

    Team instructions, high tempo and narrow width (not completely) and everything else is pretty general, with lots of individual creativity given in the way they can score goals.

  21. Just had my most exciting/frustrating/freak/relieving/ecstatic game of my FM13 gaming career!

    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-chelsea-v-san-marino_-overview-overview.png

    I'm through to the Champions League final after scoring in the 89th and 90+3rd minute! Needless to say my keeper is being dropped for the forseeable future!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Glad to see you're getting results, and I think Juventus may be almost the perfect set up for this tactic. Would you be able to put some screen shots up?
    As requested

    Juventus do seem to be a perfect fit - I haven't bought any players and I get Llorente for free at the start of season 2. There are no areas that are weak, so the only purchases I may make in future would be to replace ageing players if need be. The wingers especially are worth mentioning, due to high offensive and defensive skills.

    Results so far plus screenies of who I consider to be my key players are below. Note their work rates especially.

    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-juventus_-tactics-overview.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-juventus_-fixtures-schedule-2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-simone-pepe_-overview-profile.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-kwadwo-asamoah_-overview-profile.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-arturo-vidal_-overview-profile.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-claudio-marchisio_-overview-profile.png

    Two results I'll point out - my very first match in a friendly vs St Pauli (German 2nd division) was a 1-1 draw after we went behind in the very first minute. I must admit to thinking this tactic isn't up to much !

    The other was a 4-1 win vs Bayern - I had Chiellini (my left back) sent off within the first 8 minutes (2 yellow cards in 8 minutes!). I took off the Advanced Forward, leaving the CF (support) up front alone, which gave me a fantastic result. I always do this now if anyone gets sent off, so perhaps a tip for others there.

    I'll post more when I finish off the season.
    seanhrfc likes this.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Yes Solbaaken uses a very strict 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 high line and pressing, very similar to Sacchi's and I reckon was highly influenced by it.
    Honestly, the more I read, the more it's déjàvu upon hearing what Solbakken was stubbornly trying but ultimately failed to bring to Wolves. I really didn't want him to get the sack and wanted us to persevere as I thought his ideas were outstanding.

    I am going to try to do what Solbakken couldn't!

    Purely out of interest here - what is your opinion of Solbakken?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by herne79 View Post
    As requested

    Juventus do seem to be a perfect fit - I haven't bought any players and I get Llorente for free at the start of season 2. There are no areas that are weak, so the only purchases I may make in future would be to replace ageing players if need be. The wingers especially are worth mentioning, due to high offensive and defensive skills.

    Results so far plus screenies of who I consider to be my key players are below. Note their work rates especially.

    Attachment 323669Attachment 323670Attachment 323671Attachment 323673Attachment 323674Attachment 323675

    Two results I'll point out - my very first match in a friendly vs St Pauli (German 2nd division) was a 1-1 draw after we went behind in the very first minute. I must admit to thinking this tactic isn't up to much !

    The other was a 4-1 win vs Bayern - I had Chiellini (my left back) sent off within the first 8 minutes (2 yellow cards in 8 minutes!). I took off the Advanced Forward, leaving the CF (support) up front alone, which gave me a fantastic result. I always do this now if anyone gets sent off, so perhaps a tip for others there.

    I'll post more when I finish off the season.
    Looking great! Won every game in the league bar a draw. Interestingly that is exactly what I do when I go a man down and it normally fares well. I will update my OP later on today.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by ShaunWolf90 View Post
    Honestly, the more I read, the more it's déjàvu upon hearing what Solbakken was stubbornly trying but ultimately failed to bring to Wolves. I really didn't want him to get the sack and wanted us to persevere as I thought his ideas were outstanding.

    I am going to try to do what Solbakken couldn't!

    Purely out of interest here - what is your opinion of Solbakken?
    Wolves will be an interesting team to try this with. On Solbakken, it seems as though he is a good manager as he proved at Copenhagen, but failed to win the players over to his philosophy and he stuck to it rigidly without budging. I reckon some of those ex-prem players weren't used to having to work so hard and didn't like it! Will be interesting to see where he ends up next.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    Yeah I felt I need to start strengthening from the back first building a solid base for survival but so far I'm challenging for Europe so we will see lol

    Getting the team talks and Opp instructions correct has been crucial.

    Ill post more screens 2moro with in match stats.
    Do you just let your Ass Man do the Opp Instructions or do you manually intervine?

  27. Seeing all this talk of Solbakken at Wolves is making me sad lol, could have been one of the greatest managers we'd had, but Morgan bottled it, and the bunch of tossers that wear the shirt wouldn't adjust, he needed more than 6 months and 1 transfer window to shift this deadwood!

  28. Hello guys, I tried a lot of tactics, most of them from this site and e never really felt that i have found the one.
    After a few games with this tactic i understand how great he is.
    I´m telling, without any doubt that this is the better tactic and most consistent that e have found so far.
    The people always upload tactics that work good in big teams, but what about the underdog teams?
    Congradulations to the creator, very very good job.
    I will put some screenshots later.

    Good games
    seanhrfc likes this.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by wanderer89 View Post
    Seeing all this talk of Solbakken at Wolves is making me sad lol, could have been one of the greatest managers we'd had, but Morgan bottled it, and the bunch of tossers that wear the shirt wouldn't adjust, he needed more than 6 months and 1 transfer window to shift this deadwood!
    Agreed - but good to see a fellow Wolves fan!

  30. Absolutely loving this tactic. Implemented it half way through my first season with Swansea, went on a 20 match unbeaten run with it. Finished 5th, only losses came to Arsenal, City and Chelsea.

    Just purchased Carlos Vela and Mattia Destro for my 2nd season (with Dybala and Icardi as back up). Can't decide weather to have Vela at the CF or Destro.
    seanhrfc likes this.

  31. Best results ever! Bang 8-2 Manchester Utd in CL quarter finals and 3-0 home against Real Madrid.

    Unbelievable, i'm playing with Deportivo la Coruna.

    Awesome taaaaactic!

    Screenshots are coming.
    seanhrfc likes this.

  32. aztec267 do you use oi or shouts ?

  33. No mate, nothing, i follow the instructions from the first post. Only training on def positioning always and keep the players with a good moral, use the Raikan's instructions, are the best.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by redtide View Post
    Absolutely loving this tactic. Implemented it half way through my first season with Swansea, went on a 20 match unbeaten run with it. Finished 5th, only losses came to Arsenal, City and Chelsea.

    Just purchased Carlos Vela and Mattia Destro for my 2nd season (with Dybala and Icardi as back up). Can't decide weather to have Vela at the CF or Destro.
    Iv used Destro before in the AF role in a different tactic and he was amazing. Just food for thought.

  35. keles78 i think that is essencial to have fast defenders, and you need to give 2 months for the tactic to be really adapted to your team.
    The cohesion is very important, but believe me, for guys like me that like to play with wingers and with two strikers, this tactic is just amazing.
    seanhrfc likes this.

  36. Danhimself1707 Destro is a f****** machine. I brought him last year for Depor and he scores 34 goals in all competitions with this tactic. Very very effective. But buy a guy named Carlos Fierro, is a wonderkid and in 5 years became world class scorer.
    About 7 milions is enough to get the guy.

  37. Great to see this tactic is working for a large variety of teams! Any screenshots will be displayed in the OP under a newly created user's progress section.

    I am about to play the final 6 games of the season with my San Marino team, 4 in the league in which 2 wins will secure me the title, alongside the cup final and champions league final. Wish me luck!

  38. Wow this is actually ridiculous! Moderators are you able to ban a specific IP address to get rid of this cretin?
    jukilo likes this.

  39. Don't worry his mum will tell him to go to bed soon.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    Don't worry his mum will tell him to go to bed soon.
    or his care home will

  41. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    Don't worry his mum will tell him to go to bed soon.
    All of his alter-ego's are on my ignore list, he won't ruin my FM fun that's for sure

  42. Quote Originally Posted by Aztec267 View Post
    Danhimself1707 Destro is a f****** machine. I brought him last year for Depor and he scores 34 goals in all competitions with this tactic. Very very effective. But buy a guy named Carlos Fierro, is a wonderkid and in 5 years became world class scorer.
    About 7 milions is enough to get the guy.

    I agree with all of this. Used Fierro a lot on 12 haven't used him on 13 but Chelsea brought him in 2017 on my game and he was top scorer.

    Sean, ill post some screens in abit, I'm just enjoying watching the team atm. Been really unlucky against the big teams, purely down to my players fitness and injuries.

  43. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    I agree with all of this. Used Fierro a lot on 12 haven't used him on 13 but Chelsea brought him in 2017 on my game and he was top scorer.

    Sean, ill post some screens in abit, I'm just enjoying watching the team atm. Been really unlucky against the big teams, purely down to my players fitness and injuries.
    Still going strong in the league?

  44. sean how it going with the might that is sanmarino?

  45. Joint 3rd but could of been 2nd maybe 1st but for late goals and like I said in match fitness issues due to small squad due to injuries lol

    Record 22 played. 12 W 4 D 6 L. Goal did +4

  46. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    sean how it going with the might that is sanmarino?
    Club or National Team?

  47. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Club or National Team?
    both

  48. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    Joint 3rd but could of been 2nd maybe 1st but for late goals and like I said in match fitness issues due to small squad due to injuries lol

    Record 22 played. 12 W 4 D 6 L. Goal did +4
    That's still a very good record for Wigan first season! I had a similar problem with my San Marino team my first season in Serie A. Had a decent first 11 but the squad depth was terrible so when the back up players came in I was often beaten.

  49. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    both
    With the club team I got back-to-back promotions to Serie A. First season in Serie A I finished 3rd, Second season I won it and got to semi's of Europa League and lost in the cup final. This season I've just wrapped up the league with 2 games to spare and have a champions league final and cup final to play shortly.

    National team for the first couple of years it was going averagely, winning friendlies and the odd point (and of course being thrashed a few times) But recently (since 2015) we've been doing well, not lost by more than 2 goals to anyone (Including Holland & Germany), won a few competitive matches and got lots of great draws against big nations. I'm now starting to get some half decent regens through, I'd say two that have the potential to become top players and then 4/5 that could become decent serie B players. So its looking better for the future!

  50. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    With the club team I got back-to-back promotions to Serie A. First season in Serie A I finished 3rd, Second season I won it and got to semi's of Europa League and lost in the cup final. This season I've just wrapped up the league with 2 games to spare and have a champions league final and cup final to play shortly.

    National team for the first couple of years it was going averagely, winning friendlies and the odd point (and of course being thrashed a few times) But recently (since 2015) we've been doing well, not lost by more than 2 goals to anyone (Including Holland & Germany), won a few competitive matches and got lots of great draws against big nations. I'm now starting to get some half decent regens through, I'd say two that have the potential to become top players and then 4/5 that could become decent serie B players. So its looking better for the future!
    did you start with this tac need to start my save soon or fm14 will be out just like fm12 was in 2023 with the club and starting to do well then fm13 came out

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO