Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Quote Originally Posted by mouldy7890 View Post
    I finished 2nd to Spurs. I lost to Cardiff away on the penultimate games of the season after I had been on a great winning run.

Cheers pollack! I will give this a go more often. I really want to start a new lower league game in Germany, Italy or Holland where I don't know the lower league players as well as in England but I am really addicted to this one at the moment.
    i recommend a talent factory save. im doing it with afc wimbledon. most fun with fm i had in years

2. Quote Originally Posted by pollackattack View Post
    i recommend a talent factory save. im doing it with afc wimbledon. most fun with fm i had in years
    Could you tell me more of what this involves? Excuse my dumbness!

3. 3rd Season with Leicester

disappointing 7th in league missing out on europe but reached quarter finals of champions league losing 9-8 on aggregate to Arsenal.

I have 38 players arriving on free transfers in the summer so hopefully I can kick on and win something next season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester_-transfers-history-2.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester_-transfers-history.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester_-history-best-eleven.png  

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester-city_-fixtures-schedule-2.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leicester-city_-fixtures-schedule.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.png  

4. Best tactic yet

I personally find this the best tactic i have tried, out of all my creations and the downloads i have tried it works really well.

i still feel i concede too many, but that might be as im not setting training mysels, i always use my AM but will change it and see how it goes.

also just wandering how you feel about changing from attaking to counter etc for different games?

do you have any preference if you want to see out a game for instance?

5. Quote Originally Posted by mouldy7890 View Post
    Could you tell me more of what this involves? Excuse my dumbness!
    nothing to do with dumbness haha

basically you don't buy or loan players. you can only rely on what you produce through your youth system. so i started with afc wimbledon and got to championship in 4 seasons. 5th season i finished last in championship and got relegated. currently sitting 1st halfway through my 6th season in league 1. great fun

6. I'm starting to think that using this tactic is cheating lol. Here's my recent completed season. This time with Tottenham.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-mister-jo-o-peres_-not-cias-recebidas.png

Yeah that's rigth. We've won the famous quadruple. It's unbelievable! Here's the screenies with all season:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tottenham-hotspur_-fixtures-schedule.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tottenham-hotspur_-fixtures-schedule-2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tottenham-hotspur_-fixtures-schedule-3.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tottenham-hotspur_-squad-players.png

Ended the season without almost my wingers. Guess that AI didn't like me due to that insane series of win. Haha.
    Spurs have a perfect squad to this approach. Only added Kameni, Digne and Simone Pepe. Retrain some of the players (Holtby as DM and Sigurdson to CF, who scored 23 goals!!!). Like with Liverpool the secret was thinking ahead and what the upcoming match would demand and then select the correct players and approach.
    This is by far the best save in the last years! after this what do you guys think about the next move? I'm thinking in keep this squad, no buys and only sells and rely on what comes from youth. Some good prospects coming from academy!
    Cheers
    mouldy7890 and MFerg91 like this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    I'm starting to think that using this tactic is cheating lol. Here's my recent completed season. This time with Tottenham.

Attachment 330775

Yeah that's rigth. We've won the famous quadruple. It's unbelievable! Here's the screenies with all season:

Attachment 330776Attachment 330777Attachment 330778 Attachment 330779

Ended the season without almost my wingers. Guess that AI didn't like me due to that insane series of win. Haha.
    Spurs have a perfect squad to this approach. Only added Kameni, Digne and Simone Pepe. Retrain some of the players (Holtby as DM and Sigurdson to CF, who scored 23 goals!!!). Like with Liverpool the secret was thinking ahead and what the upcoming match would demand and then select the correct players and approach.
    This is by far the best save in the last years! after this what do you guys think about the next move? I'm thinking in keep this squad, no buys and only sells and rely on what comes from youth. Some good prospects coming from academy!
    Cheers
    Incredible results here Jukilo! I'm also thinking of starting a new save, most likely an Inverness Caledonian Thistle one - champions league winners in 5 seasons will be the aim!
    jukilo likes this.

8. Also, as promised, the release of my tweaked tactic:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2 Tweaks Thread

9. OK. Just ended my season. Going to start a new season and reconstruct my team according to this tactic. Hope it won't fail me! Going to sell some of my previous MCs!!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by donchen View Post
    OK. Just ended my season. Going to start a new season and reconstruct my team according to this tactic. Hope it won't fail me! Going to sell some of my previous MCs!!!
    Best of luck mate.

I'm also going to be taking on a new challenge. I'm going to be Inverness Caledonian Thistle and only use the current squad and I'm only allowed to sign my youth products and U18s.

Will be doing a story for anyone that is interested!

11. Nice one Sean will you be using the new tweaked tactic of the original 442?

12. Quote Originally Posted by Spikester View Post
    Nice one Sean will you be using the new tweaked tactic of the original 442?
    I will be using a combination of the original, the tweaked 4-4-1-1 and hernes79 4-2-3-1.

13. sean are the Dms exactly the same? Say if I use Wilshere in DML would it be different from when i use him in DMR. Any differences to player's responsibilities?

14. Hmmm, nice tweak. Expected this for a long time. Hope that's so good like the original one. If it is, Sigurdsson and Holtby would fit like glove in this tweak

15. quick update on my birmingham save.third season we are sitting top of the league unbeaten in 14 winning 12 drawing 2 only 4 goals let in and won all 5 of our champions league games so far in a group with schalke,cksa moscow and ajax.loving the new tweak as i have a few injuries to kozak and moreno so fierro and hughes are getting more game time.this is my best 11 at the moment
    stockdale,peruzzi,taylor,strandberg,davies,simao,k ouyate,drage,redmond,hughes,fierro.thanks again mate
    mouldy7890 likes this.

16. Using the new tweaked tactic and one thing i'm noticing is that the opposition seem to create more CCC against me.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Fragnat View Post
    sean are the Dms exactly the same? Say if I use Wilshere in DML would it be different from when i use him in DMR. Any differences to player's responsibilities?
    They are exactly the same, the only way they will differ is by which players you put there, i.e. Wilshere will get forward more than Coquelin!

Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    Hmmm, nice tweak. Expected this for a long time. Hope that's so good like the original one. If it is, Sigurdsson and Holtby would fit like glove in this tweak
    From initial tests its as good, not better, but different.

Quote Originally Posted by markbcfc View Post
    quick update on my birmingham save.third season we are sitting top of the league unbeaten in 14 winning 12 drawing 2 only 4 goals let in and won all 5 of our champions league games so far in a group with schalke,cksa moscow and ajax.loving the new tweak as i have a few injuries to kozak and moreno so fierro and hughes are getting more game time.this is my best 11 at the moment
    stockdale,peruzzi,taylor,strandberg,davies,simao,k ouyate,drage,redmond,hughes,fierro.thanks again mate
    Quality, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikester View Post
    Using the new tweaked tactic and one thing i'm noticing is that the opposition seem to create more CCC against me.
    I can only think this is coincidental, there defensive element has not changed at all and I haven't noticed any differences myself.

18. I notice that about 70% of the goals I concede come from a long ball over the centre backs where a striker ends up just slotting it in! One other thing, you say that the DM's are just the same but in the new tweaked version the left DMC is set to support duty and the right DMC is set to defend duty, does this make any real difference?

19. I just can't seem to get this tactic to work. The only team we've beaten with it so far is Liverpool. We hardly have any possession, and never seem to have as many shots either. We also seem to get carved open by the simplest passes! It's really frustrating seeing that it works for pretty much everybody, except me!

20. You are not alone TheFMFanatic.

Seems like everyone else kills with this tactic. Just can not get it to work with my Brighton in premier league.

Seems like a lot of people have success with a worse team then mine.

This team got me a 8th place in the prem. (season 4) and 7th in season 5

Ruffier
    Rafael Toloi-Daniel Ayala-Anders Granquist- van der Wiel

Faurlin-Rodwell
    Jires Embo-Ekoko Ashley Young

J.Rhodes-Kweuke

Read up and down this thread. Just can'n figure out why it's working for everybody else but me
    Last edited by phat_dick; 14/04/2013 at 04:05 PM.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Spikester View Post
    I notice that about 70% of the goals I concede come from a long ball over the centre backs where a striker ends up just slotting it in! One other thing, you say that the DM's are just the same but in the new tweaked version the left DMC is set to support duty and the right DMC is set to defend duty, does this make any real difference?
    What team are you playing as? The midfield and forwards should be closing down well enough to cut out the opportunity for the long ball. If this is not happening, how fast are your defenders? For the tweaked tactic both players should still be on support, thats a strange one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFMFanatic View Post
    I just can't seem to get this tactic to work. The only team we've beaten with it so far is Liverpool. We hardly have any possession, and never seem to have as many shots either. We also seem to get carved open by the simplest passes! It's really frustrating seeing that it works for pretty much everybody, except me!
    Quote Originally Posted by phat_dick View Post
    You are not alone TheFMFanatic.

Seems like everyone else kills with this tactic. Just can not get it to work with my Brighton in premier league.
    U
    Seems like a lot of people have success with a worse team then mine.

This team got me a 8th place in the prem. (season 4) and 7th in season 5

Ruffier
    Rafael Toloi-Daniel Ayala-Anders Granquist- van der Wiel

Faurlin-Rodwell
    Jires Embo-Ekoko Ashley Young

J.Rhodes-Kweuke

Read up and down this thread. Just can'n figure out why it's working for everybody else but me

For the guys who are struggling, these areas are perhaps where the problems could be coming from:

Use of OIs
    Training
    Player management
    Player preferred moves going against tactic
    Buying too many players and not allowing to gel.
    Players going on strings of bad form - I always replace a striker that hasnt scored in 4/5 games or a player who puts together 2 bad performances 6 or less or a player on mediocre form 6.7 or less for 4/5 games

Have a look and see if you can work it out. If you provide screenshots and details Im more than happy to help.

22. Thanks for the response seanhrfc.

Im determined to make this wonderful tactic work, so Im going to give it another try.

Use of OIs: My assistant does these. He has a tactical rating of 15 and defense 13
    Training: Use your instructions
    Player management: Don't have any quarrels with the players. Use team talks like "calm and tell them to play their own game.
    Player preferred moves going against tactic Bought players that should work with the tactic. But don't seem to get good rating on the full backs. Another thing is that I look at others on this thread, and they seem to use the players who are default for their team (f.ex Swansea and Southampton) and have tremendous success without purchasing quality players
    Buying too many players and not allowing to gel. Thought this might have been the fluke from eralyer, but this season I have only bought 3 players
    Players going on strings of bad form - For me, it's like central backs and DMs are constantly in good form, but ll the others vary from game to game.
    Last edited by phat_dick; 14/04/2013 at 06:26 PM.

23. i use it with my lazio save in 2014...dont u think creativity for player instruction is over exaggerated?

24. I agree with seanhrfc. I seen a guy post over at SI forums that he finished 2nd with spurs on about 70 odd points and I thought that was a bit dissapointing given how good the tactic is. I did a season with spurs myself and finished first by a country mile on 105pts and won the euro cup. Stupidly played kids and got put out the domestic cups but it just shows what a difference micro managing the tactic has, as I played the season with a default squad.
    jukilo likes this.

25. Sean you should have a look at the tweaked tactic you posted as the right DMC definitely has 'Defend' duty, maybe you posted wrong tactic?

26. Agree with the last post. The micro managing style was the key in my previous challenges with Liverpool and Spurs. It takes so much more time but the reward is tremendous, after all the work!

27. hi there.

currently doing a liverpool save, have never seen liverpool have any succes in fm 2013.

in my 5th season. started using this tactic after the first: achievments as follows

1st...europa league, fin 5th
    2nd...fin 4th
    3rd...won champions league, fin 2nd, won league cup
    4th...Won everything, league, champ league, fa cup, league cup both euro super cups and comm shield.

signed begovic, zouma, falcao, el shawaray, lucas moura, eriksen, lukaku.

got eriksen on free, signed falcao for 23 mil and lucas for 10 mil
    jukilo likes this.

28. Liverpool have an almost perfect squad to play with this tactic. All-rounded players, Suarez, Gerrard, etc. It was a very pleasant first season i'll continue it in the future!

29. Great tac Sean. Huge success with my previous spurs save. After reading everyone's Success with lower league teams it's got me wanting to start my own. So I've took over as York boss. It's going really well considering media prediction bottom. The only problem I am having is in away games. I struggle so much it does not matter if there bottom or top even when I'm sitting in 3rd!!!!! I just can't seem to set up for away games. I have tried a calm approach before match and also changed to control for away matches.

Does anyone have any suggestions from there lower league experiences??any help will be appreciated.

30. Not having much joy with this tactic myself. Started a game with Arsenal and been battered. Played 32 games not including the friendlies and drawn/lost vs some average teams home and away and had bad possession stats in most.

In the games I do manage to win it's 2-1, 3-2. In the games I lose or draw it's always 2-2 or 2-1. Just some of the results that have gone against me include 2-0 loss to Birmingham Carling Cup, 1-1 draw vs Southampton at home, 2-2 draw vs Lille at home, 2-2 draw vs Everton at home, 1-0 loss vs Wigan. Yet surprisingly I have beaten Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool. It's just a strange game this 13. I've never been good at creating tactics myself so do use others. Just not had any success on 13 with whatever I have downloaded. Most of the tactics don't even use a 4-4-2 attacking wingers/central midfielders or a 4-2-3-1 with an attacking midfielder.

No disputing that the tactic maybe good for some people however for me it's been average. Little possession, 30-40 minutes without any action, losing vs average teams, not scoring many goals and the players I play out wide provide very little towards the match and the same can be said about the strikers.

31. Quote Originally Posted by steve_carpy View Post
    Great tac Sean. Huge success with my previous spurs save. After reading everyone's Success with lower league teams it's got me wanting to start my own. So I've took over as York boss. It's going really well considering media prediction bottom. The only problem I am having is in away games. I struggle so much it does not matter if there bottom or top even when I'm sitting in 3rd!!!!! I just can't seem to set up for away games. I have tried a calm approach before match and also changed to control for away matches.

Does anyone have any suggestions from there lower league experiences??any help will be appreciated.
    away games are tough. dont change the tactic around, but try instead to use more defensive players. for example more defensive minded DMs and wingers.

also for team talks: team - calm - enjoy the game/we're underdogs then to each formation: passionate - i have faith in you

32. what about half time/full time team talks?

33. I will try and hold out. Thanks for the advice

34. Quote Originally Posted by Spikester View Post
    what about half time/full time team talks?
    depends on the result.
    when i draw at home - callm - im not happy with the result
    draw away - calm - keep going, get that one goal(or something like that)
    lose home - aggresive - im not hapy
    lose away - aggressive - im not happy
    win at home by 1 goal - calm - dont get complacent
    win at home by 2 goals or more - calm - im happy
    win away by 1 or more goals - calm - im happy

35. ok this is just silly now i started a save with barnsley and came second so went up to the prem dont know how the hell i did it but i did was not using this tac was playing this save b4 your tac came out and i just left the save as i was so happy to get them up i did not think i could keep them up but then your tac came out and i thought what the hell i can only go down no big deal only had 9mil to spend on players got 1or 2 good players some on loan and i came 15th i know not gr8 but a hell of a lot better than what is was thinking i would come so i ask you sean is there voodoo on this tac or did you have to hand over your first born it just rocks will see how my second season goes in the prem sorry for the long post but dame this tac is gold

36. For those that are struggling, it would be interesting to get down to the bottom of this! In terms of myself using the tactic I've only had what I would consider one really bad patch of form. In testing, I took over West Ham and I didn't make any signings.

I went the first 7 league games without scoring. four 0-0s, two 0-1s and one 0-3. I had Chamakh & Carroll up top, who should do well in this tactic. However, they were awful and averaged around 6.0 every game. Defence and DMs around 6.9-7.5 and WGs 6.7-6.9. After the seventh game without scoring I had enough of this, fined both Chamakh & Carroll for poor performance and dropped them both to the bench. I called an aggressive team meeting telling the team they weren't good enough. My new strike force was Carlton Cole and youngster, recalled from loan, Rob Hall. Gave them lots of faith every game and we went on to win 10 on the bounce (after a couple of draws at first).
    jukilo likes this.

37. So... finished 1st season in my Swindon save winning the league on 101pts. In the window i had around 500k to boost what was already considered a weakish league 1 side. Signed 15 players (12 free, 3 totalling 525k) and sold or released 18 recovering only 250k.

First 2 games of the season resulted yet again in disappointing losses in the Capital One cup (to Lg 1 opponents, 1-2) and my home debut in the championship (Derby, 1-0) however some harsh teamtalks, change of captain and an emphasis of picking people who speak better english and i've gone 5 wins on the bounce so far seeing me sit 3rd in the league.

From this season compared to last, i can see some key factors that really do matter when it comes to winning games with this tactic. Firstly, DO NOT underestimate how creative and strong your CF needs to be. It's hard to find a pairing with strength and creativity who can also perform other duties but it really does make a hell of a lot of difference to your chance creation. Secondly, focus your wingers on defence. they need to be good at defending to compress your opponents counter attacks and force them into the space between your DC and DCM where you regain possession. Lastly, make sure your DCR is good in the air as this is the guy your corners will go to. My DCR had average heading attributes and still finished on 9 lg goals last term.

38. I have used this a little bit so far and it really has given me some joy back into FM since the latest update! I did have succesful 442 with Swansea but the latest patch ruined my save so thank you so much for allowing me to enjoy the game again.

If anybody is interested I will be playing as Napoli on a live stream with this tactic, click to view ----> X_TheCodfather_X
    Will be starting now so wish me luck

I will also being doing a seperate save on Youtube using this tactic. http://www.youtube.com/user/19TheCod...8?feature=mhee

Thanks again for this wonderful tactic.
    Last edited by TheCodfather; 15/04/2013 at 01:40 PM.

39. What a revenge!

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-15_161022.jpg
    jukilo likes this.

40. im in my 2nd season with spurs and after winning the league, europ cup and fa cup in first season i seem to be getting loads of 1-0 or getting dominated in games in my 2nd season, im not doing anything differently and i have only signed one playeer in my second season, i know it could be the AI sitting deeper etc just wanted to ask if i could do anything different? as alot of people seem to be doing well season after season

41. I found in my second season that setting match prep to tactics only increased my scoring rate by at least double. granted, i did concede roughly a goal more every other game but it was much more comfortable to watch.
    Power likes this.

42. a quick update:

My second season has just ended, an it went horribly wrong.
    although it started good with winning the dutch super cup, i drew shit in champion league ( man shitty and bayern ) ended 3rd there lost to zenit with a goal difference in the euro league.
    competition wise i went bad too ended on the 4th place tho i secured euro league football.

most of it went to bad luck and lots of injuries.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-eredivisie_-overview-profile.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-fc-utrecht_-transfers-history-2.png

43. Just realised this is at 1,000 responses with this post:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-san-marino-v-palermo_-overview-overview.png

Played my first competitive game with San Marino and it ended a 12-0 win in the Italian Super Cup including a double hat-trick for my steam achievements

44. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Just realised this is at 1,000 responses with this post:

Attachment 331450

Played my first competitive game with San Marino and it ended a 12-0 win in the Italian Super Cup including a double hat-trick for my steam achievements
    Is that with the original tactic or the tweaked one?

45. Hi guys.
    anyone tried to do all the season with the trainings like this :

General training , Tactics - High
    Match training , Tactics -
    Alllow rest after match

I put this in the pre-season like you said, but i forgot completly and i did all the season like that. I had the best result's until now.

46. Quote Originally Posted by Tavares Jorge View Post
    Hi guys.

Alllow rest after match

I put this in the pre-season like you said, but i forgot completly and i did all the season like that. I had the best result's until now.

so what where your results like?

47. Quote Originally Posted by Tavares Jorge View Post
    Hi guys.

Alllow rest after match

I used similar except for general training i picked balanced. General training has very little impact on your match performances and instead affects how your players develop in training. Picking tactics will cause their mental attributes to develop better however they will also be less improved technically.

48. Very good tactic, currently trying out 'The San Marino Challenge' using this. Although have to add (quite frustratingly) in this years FM, team talks & morale have a BIG impact on results/performances. For example after winning 7-1 away I then lost narrowly 2-1 next match morale dropped from very good to okay quickly starting a bad run of results only fixed by holding a team meeting. Just something to keep an eye on for anyone struggling as I said tactic is very, very strong.

49. Quote Originally Posted by jamin p View Post
    I used similar except for general training i picked balanced. General training has very little impact on your match performances and instead affects how your players develop in training. Picking tactics will cause their mental attributes to develop better however they will also be less improved technically.
    so what did you go with in training?

50. ok second season in the prem with my barnsley and i came 7th over the moon with that got a few new players let the fun times roll still cant beat the big boys but did beat man u at home 1-0 but this tac does get better season after season thanks sean

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO