Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    so what did you go with in training?
    General training - Balanced. Match Prep. - Tactics Only, 30%. Rest after match.

2. Quote Originally Posted by rich_genie View Post
    Is that with the original tactic or the tweaked one?
    This was with the original, I don't use the tweaked tactic with my SM team as I don't have the AM

3. Quote Originally Posted by jamin p View Post
    General training - Balanced. Match Prep. - Tactics Only, 30%. Rest after match.
    ok thanks in gen training balanced is that set to high or something else

4. Interesting to see that people have been going with new approaches to training now. In general, my training is kept to def. positioning during the season. However I do switch to Attacking Movement if I go on a poor scoring run/lack of CCC or switch to attacking/defending set pieces if there is a problem there. About 70% of the time I go with DP, 20% AM and 10% d/a SP across the course of the season.
    jukilo likes this.

5. In my successful saves, I always put on team cohesion and defensive positioning for all season. Never change it.
    The results prove it. Team plays as a team, amazing displays in the defensive phase and very good atmosphere in the team.

6. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    In my successful saves, I always put on team cohesion and defensive positioning for all season. Never change it.
    The results prove it. Team plays as a team, amazing displays in the defensive phase and very good atmosphere in the team.
    I'm doing a network game with Spurs and I'm going to do exactly that!
    jukilo likes this.

7. This is my SM team, but we can't seem to hold possession or anything like that, and always concede goals that seem so simple to defend againstArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-san-marino-calcio_-tactics-overview-2.png

8. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    In my successful saves, I always put on team cohesion and defensive positioning for all season. Never change it.
    This is quite interesting. I am playing with a non-league team in the English BlueSquare South and changed to this tactic mid-season. In order to learn the tactic and get it fluid in all areas I played with Team Cohesion Very High and Def Positioning. We had a couple of blips but the recent form was incredible. Then, we hit fluid in all areas and I changed to Balanced - Average. We then lost 3-0 and 4-0 away to poor sides. This isn't the first tactic where we have become fluid and the tactic seems the fail. It must be the training. Remember also that we are only part timers and so don't train all week. I think I had better change the training back.
    jukilo likes this.

9. Well i start again a new league with Tottenham, doing the same with the trains :
    General training , Tactics - High
    Match training , Tactics -
    Alllow rest after match

And the result's was this.
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-calend-rio.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-classifa-o.jpg
    piotr07, seanhrfc and jukilo like this.

10. Quote Originally Posted by TheFMFanatic View Post
    This is my SM team, but we can't seem to hold possession or anything like that, and always concede goals that seem so simple to defend againstAttachment 331650

I think you could do with getting in a few more players to bolster the squad, particularly in DC and Stefanelli is not a great CF for this level. Mahamat Diagourouga, Edu, Fortunatti, Leo Aro would be some of my suggestions.

Edit: I also think you're left side is particularly weak, Villanova is not good enough and Crivello is a good back up but not starter.
    Last edited by seanhrfc; 16/04/2013 at 05:51 PM.

11. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    I think you could do with getting in a few more players to bolster the squad, particularly in DC and Stefanelli is not a great CF for this level. Mahamat Diagourouga, Edu, Fortunatti, Leo Aro would be some of my suggestions.

Edit: I also think you're left side is particularly weak, Villanova is not good enough and Crivello is a good back up but not starter.
    Awesome, thanks mate, also, which Edu? There's about 20 of them

12. Quote Originally Posted by TheFMFanatic View Post
    Awesome, thanks mate, also, which Edu? There's about 20 of them
    He starts on a free, can play DM, MC and is competent DC which is where i trained and played him.

13. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    ok thanks in gen training balanced is that set to high or something else
    sorry for the slow reply, that's right i set it to high.

14. Quote Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
    What is going on???

To cut a long story short, i won the EPL with West Ham in season 3 and decided to have a season with Liverpool, in which i won the EPL, FA Cup and League Cup.

As i managed to pick up a couple of quality signings i decided to start season 2 of the Liverpool save, but lost my two main strikers to long term injuries in their first game of the new season and then i had this in my 2nd game................

This just happens way too often in FM13 and is the reason i cannot get a long term save going.

I asked SI about this and got their automatic response of "it's your tactics"
    My first 2 games of the season always go like this so I've accepted it as part of my ritual. Stick it out until atleast 10 games in and see if it carries on. If so, it is most likely down to your match prep settings or possibly not having the right players for the positions.

15. Quote Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
    What is going on???

To cut a long story short, i won the EPL with West Ham in season 3 and decided to have a season with Liverpool, in which i won the EPL, FA Cup and League Cup.

As i managed to pick up a couple of quality signings i decided to start season 2 of the Liverpool save, but lost my two main strikers to long term injuries in their first game of the new season and then i had this in my 2nd game................

This just happens way too often in FM13 and is the reason i cannot get a long term save going.

I asked SI about this and got their automatic response of "it's your tactics"
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-xxsi9ul.jpg

The typical response you get to deflect attention from their flawed game.

16. Quote Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
    Sorry for all the posts and for this one being slightly off topic, but i am looking for a new save, hopefully a long term save using this tactic and wondered if anyone could help me pick a team to be?Here is some criteria of what i'm looking for.I want a team that has a reasonably suitable squad for the tactic and/or a reasonable amount of funds to bring in suitable players.I want to start as a relatively poor side, i don't mind which division, but would rather play in England and see how quickly i can turn them into EPL and European champions.If anyone can suggest a suitable team and maybe even some suitable players, i would appreciate it immensely.Thanks(another post that hasn't worked properly?)
    You'll struggle to find a squad that meets all those criteria, especially the size of the club in relation to finances. I would advise ignoring the money aspect and browse teams that interest you and see what their squad shape is like. I am playing as Swindon (home team) and had 100k to spend 1st season in league 1 but it wasn't too bad as the squad was already full of players in positions i needed, all i had to do was strengthen. 2nd season i had around 500k in the championship with a restrictive wage budget yet I still finished top (24th prediction) as i had the right players for the roles.

My advice to you is look at league 1 & 2, find a team you like the look of with players who can play the positions needed, stick it out. You will lose games each season unless you are the best team in the league so ignore that and focus on winning runs rather than occasional losses. Additionally don't get caught up on signing players better than the league you are in.

17. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post

Also, who do you recommend at LB?

18. So finished 2nd season, predicted 24th finished 1st.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-17-10.56.03.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-17-12.21.02.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-17-12.21.24.jpg

Squad Overview
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-17-12.21.50.jpg

My Strikers, singed on freebies having originally been rated at 2-star players.
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-17-12.24.02.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-04-17-12.24.31.jpg

19. I have not been around for a while so is there any tweaks for this tactic ?

20. Quote Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
    Sorry for all the posts and for this one being slightly off topic, but i am looking for a new save, hopefully a long term save using this tactic and wondered if anyone could help me pick a team to be?Here is some criteria of what i'm looking for.I want a team that has a reasonably suitable squad for the tactic and/or a reasonable amount of funds to bring in suitable players.I want to start as a relatively poor side, i don't mind which division, but would rather play in England and see how quickly i can turn them into EPL and European champions.If anyone can suggest a suitable team and maybe even some suitable players, i would appreciate it immensely.Thanks(another post that hasn't worked properly?)
    Sunderland. Adam Johnson and Sessegnon on the wings. Fletcher CF and Wickham AF. Cattermole and N'Diaye in DM. Mignolet good keeper for first season. Rose decent LB on loan. Bramble (i know, i know), good ball playing stats. You start with around 3m and get another 7 or so in Jan.

21. Quote Originally Posted by ibro46 View Post
    I have not been around for a while so is there any tweaks for this tactic ?
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2 Tweaks Thread

22. i look for the pre match half time full time i dont see it any

23. Quote Originally Posted by richardbell2012 View Post
    i look for the pre match half time full time i dont see it any
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...-reaction.html

24. Quote Originally Posted by TheFMFanatic View Post
    Also, who do you recommend at LB?
    I had a player called Rossatto (check spelling) but I played WBs then as it was on the original patch. Not sure if he'd be quite up to scratch as full back with this tactic.

25. Hey sean what kind of training i should be puttin players on? Does it depend on type of player or just hte positon they play in? For example should wilshere be taught for a DM or maybe advanced playmaker?

26. Quote Originally Posted by jamin p View Post
    So finished 2nd season, predicted 24th finished 1st.

Attachment 331989Attachment 331990Attachment 331991

Squad Overview
    Attachment 331992

My Strikers, singed on freebies having originally been rated at 2-star players.
    Attachment 331993Attachment 331994
    What tactic did you use? Anything with tweaks?

27. Quote Originally Posted by Ninja777 View Post
    What tactic did you use? Anything with tweaks?
    Literally the default tactic in the OP. I used OI against much bigger teams who played 4-4-2 but against other formations it seemed to weaken me.

28. From my previous successful saves, I put them where I think they will develop better. What I do is: In the individual training menu, select one player and go to his individual training. Then I see what type of training would benefit him and develop his stats and change accordingly to what I think it's best. If they are "older" I just put them in their best role in their natural position. If they are younger select what I think it's best to develop..

This only an opinion, not an universal point

29. just one thing your tac is really great i've just won the champions league against Bayern Munich with my porto team in 2014 3-2 thanks a lot great work really great
    seanhrfc likes this.

30. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    I had a player called Rossatto (check spelling) but I played WBs then as it was on the original patch. Not sure if he'd be quite up to scratch as full back with this tactic.
    I couldn't find the Rossatto dude, but this is my current team. Stefanelli is my top scorer with 4 goals!

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-san-marino-calcio_-tactics-overview.png
    seanhrfc likes this.

31. Thats a much better squad now and if you can get Stefanelli scoring then fair play!

32. This is my firts season with Benfica Lisabon in Premier League. This tactic is awesome
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-premierleagueportugese.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-zapasy.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-zostava.jpg
    seanhrfc, jukilo and MFerg91 like this.

33. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Thats a much better squad now and if you can get Stefanelli scoring then fair play!
    He almost doubled his tally in one game with a hat-trick against AlbinoLeffe

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-san-marino-v-albinoleffe_-pitch-split-2.png

34. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    From my previous successful saves, I put them where I think they will develop better. What I do is: In the individual training menu, select one player and go to his individual training. Then I see what type of training would benefit him and develop his stats and change accordingly to what I think it's best. If they are "older" I just put them in their best role in their natural position. If they are younger select what I think it's best to develop..

This only an opinion, not an universal point
    Jukilo's got it spot on here with the training.
    jukilo likes this.

35. Quote Originally Posted by TheFMFanatic View Post
    He almost doubled his tally in one game with a hat-trick against AlbinoLeffe

Attachment 332384
    Quality, hope you can keep that up!

36. Best thing to do when down to 10 men? sacrifice CF?

37. Quote Originally Posted by StueyRob View Post
    Best thing to do when down to 10 men? sacrifice CF?
    I generally sacrific the AF.

38. I just can not get this to work =/

Is it my OI?

Close down always - slow players in midfield or attack and players with poor composure/concentration/decisions in defence or midfield. What is poor? 12 and below? What if a defender has composure/concentration/decisions 8/12/14, should you close down or not?

I got a good team. Bought players for the right position, not too many each season. But I always end up 8th or 9th with my Brighon in the EPL.

Even tried the tactic with Lazio. No success.

How is it possible that some people manage champions league with walsall, polish sides, and other below par teams, but I cant even manage a lousy Europe League with a decent squad?

(Sorry for my moaning. Really do appriciate guys like you who put their effort in good tactic for the game for lazy guys like me)

39. Quote Originally Posted by phat_dick View Post
    I just can not get this to work =/

Is it my OI?

Close down always - slow players in midfield or attack and players with poor composure/concentration/decisions in defence or midfield. What is poor? 12 and below? What if a defender has composure/concentration/decisions 8/12/14, should you close down or not?

I got a good team. Bought players for the right position, not too many each season. But I always end up 8th or 9th with my Brighon in the EPL.

How is it possible that some people manage champions league with walsall, polish sides, and other below par teams, but I cant even manage a lousy Europe League with a decent squad?

(Sorry for my moaning. Really do appriciate guys like you who put their effort in good tactic for the game for lazy guys like me)
    Need to get down to the bottom of this, I did a test with Lazio and I was 1 point behind Juventus at Xmas with the default squad so I don't think its the team.

Does the tactic get to fully fluid? Have you tried the variation with the 4-4-1-1? If you have a star AM you can fit in?

What is the real problem? Where are conceding goals? Where are you not conceding goals? I'm sure this can be rectified somehow, just needs a few tweaks to your approach and maybe a tweak or two to the tactic to suit your style.

Screen shots will help.

40. Sean - Do you think changing the wide players play to "Hug Touchline" and changing width slightly to the left so it just about goes to "Normal" would have a negative effect on the rest of the tactic?

I ask simply for my preference towards wide play.

Or just changing wingers to Hug Touchline and keeping with the width as it is?

41. Quote Originally Posted by ShaunWolf90 View Post
    Sean - Do you think changing the wide players play to "Hug Touchline" and changing width slightly to the left so it just about goes to "Normal" would have a negative effect on the rest of the tactic?

I ask simply for my preference towards wide play.

Or just changing wingers to Hug Touchline and keeping with the width as it is?
    The only problem with changing this will be the likeliness of the opposite winger to where the ball is getting into the box as the 3rd striker - they score quite a few goals that way.

42. Brighton misfortune

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-18_00001.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-18_00002.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-18_00003.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-18_00004.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-18_00005.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-18_00006.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-04-18_00007.jpg

Here u go mate.

Its in norwegian, but you get the picture

43. Quote Originally Posted by phat_dick View Post
    I just can not get this to work =/

Is it my OI?

As seanhrfc said above, some screenies will help. Which players do you have in which position? Do you use the recommended team training and match prep? What are your coaches like? Do you talk to your players between matches to praise good performance or tell them they need to improve if they are poor?

For the OIs, by far the simplest way to handle is to have an ass. Manager OR coach with decent (15+) stats for tactics and defending do the OIs.

How do you handle pre-match and half time talks? Post match talk is also important.

Let us know, we're happy to help

44. Quote Originally Posted by phat_dick View Post
    Your team has some roles changed from the original. Both DMs should be support, both wingers should be attack (and set as wingers).

Some screen shots of the players you use would also help so we can see their attributes.

You also seem to be using more than just this one tactic, why is that?

45. Quote Originally Posted by phat_dick View Post
    Your central defenders are not fast enough. This tactic plays a high defensive line, therefore your defenders need to be at least 14 pace and 14 acceleration (at least) Ideally should be 15 or more or pacey players will get in behind them.

46. so what if your cd are slow but your fb are fast as anything wont thay help out the slow cd or have i got that wrong?

47. Quote Originally Posted by phat_dick View Post

Right a couple of the roles have been changed. The right winger must be on wing attack and the DMs both on support. Also your DCs are not quick enough between them. It can work okay with slow defenders, but you will obviously concede more goals.

You can have maybe one of the DCs slower (never below 12/12) but the other must compensate (15+/15+) for him. But overall I look for 14/14+ in both positions.

Cheers hernes79 and rich_genie for getting there before I did

48. You have rafael toloi at full-back when he is a great BPD, switch him to DC for sure.

49. right 3rd season with man u but first season useing this tac was going well but then at the end of december gave the 4411 a go and never looked back won the league cup the league but lost in both the fa cup final and cl final on pens cant wait to give this a full season

50. How do we shut up shop after going 2-0 up for example?? Any changes need to make?? Always have the feeling big teams will crawl back to equalised as my players are already tired.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO