Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Quote Originally Posted by Stevenel View Post
    I've changed the complete forward in Pivot and Target it, In variated !

7-0 against Arsenal with Tottenham with classic team ...

Attachment 349163
    Has this been posted anywhere?? Or can you detail what changes you made? Thanks
    Last edited by quickzombie; 31/05/2013 at 12:44 PM.

2. @jaga,

Here you go mate: Preferred Player Moves for my Arrigo Sacchi 4-4-2

It is important that your players complement with each other. For example: if one MD has "go forward whenever possible" it is better that the other doesn't have it. The same for strikers. But see that thread and use your imagination and what you have available in your squad.

Cheers

3. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-slb-v-barcelona_-overview-overview.png

Epic. As I'm a Benfica fan irl, this was amazing! It's not every day that you manage this kind of result. Top 3 in my favorite matches of this year's game.

4. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-slb-v-bayern-munique_-geral-vista-geral.png

Amazing!

5. Again, for me, this tactic is the best in this year's game. Won 1 more treble with it. This time with my Benfica team with an average age of 23 years old. Amazing. Here's the screens:

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-slb_-fixtures-schedule.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-slb_-fixtures-schedule-2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-slb_-fixtures-schedule-3.png

Best save ever!

6. Quote Originally Posted by quickzombie View Post
    Has this been posted anywhere?? Or can you detail what changes you made? Thanks
    i've just changed in team tactic --> Use target man --> And then select the Complete Forward
    Type of pass to target man : Various

Then i've changed this guy in Pivot forward in place of Complete Forward
    But i think you can let the Complete forward ... Just select it as Target man and change the pass in various

7. Just thought I'd share my experience with this tactic.

Started using it on the match against Braunschweig.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tsv-1860-m-nchen_-matches-schedule.png  

8. Quote Originally Posted by Stevenel View Post
    i've just changed in team tactic --> Use target man --> And then select the Complete Forward
    Type of pass to target man : Various

Then i've changed this guy in Pivot forward in place of Complete Forward
    But i think you can let the Complete forward ... Just select it as Target man and change the pass in various
    Pivot forward?

9. I need some help.

I got Neymar on my Milan squad. I know its his first season here, but i want him to be more important for the team and play better.

How would you play Neymar in this tactic ?

10. @fragnot

I never play with Neymar so I don't know what's his stats. If He has good teamwork and work rate I would put him on the left in the midfield. If he doesn't have those capacities, I would put in the AC role with training role as trequartista to allow him to lose more balls and doesn't hinder the team. Coutinho and Gaitan did an awesome job there, in my previous saves. Guess that they are similar players...

11. I decided to give this tactic a go with a very low team who are strapped for cash. Which lead me to Real Oviedo. I couldn't sign any players from other teams so I had to stick with my current squad and some free transfers which weren't too bad.

Season 1

I was predicted to finish mid table which and was give a very low budget by the board(Around 27k transfer budget, 5k wages) so I didn't get to bring in many new players as well as a lot of coaches as Oviedo didn't seem to have any back room staff.

I finished first as you can see but only just. I won the league on the last game of the season when Tenerife lost 4-1 which gave me the chance to take the top spot by one point. I then won the play off games to secure a spot in the second division next season.

Season 2

My second season with Oviedo saw me playing in the Liga adelante this season and I was predicted to get relegated back to the third division. My transfer budget was a little bit better this season with 100k which I turned into player wages a signed a lot of free agents.

I survived relegation with I was pleased with but a bad run of form resulted in a loss in a play off space for Liga BBVA. I had a very leaky defense this season which ended up with me losing lots of games and conceding too may goals.

Season 3

Once again predicted to end up near the bottom of the table(19th) But that was not happening this season. I fixed the back four with a new CB and LB, I also signed a new GK as my current one was aging and wasn't up to standards.

I came so close this season to winning it but it just wasn't meant to be. I lost 1st spot on the last game of the season when Villareal beat me 4-1. Towards the end of the season I had many injuries which I think made me lose the title.

Ok now I am in the Liga BBVA after securing promotion in my third season with Oviedo. Getting promoted bought in lots of funds and I now have a good transfer budget for once(9 Million) I will keep you updated on my progress after a few more seasons. Thanks for the tactic it worked really well.

EDIT: sorry about the quality of the pictures.
    jukilo likes this.

12. By far still the best tactic on the game. As long as you have the correct players and the formation is fluid it's unstoppable. You beat the teams you should be beating and perform very well majority of the time against the teams you shouldn't be be beating and sometimes you even manage to get a result against them!

I have tried is with spurs in my old save and it just destroyed everyone. It got a bit boring TBH

My new career save just as good. Great success with York and then moved to Watford where I have been experimenting with other tactics and I always find my self going back to arrigo sacchi. I managed to finish 3rd in my 2nd season in the prem and win the FA cup.

I will post some screens later to show my results it's just fantastic.
    jukilo likes this.

13. This tactic brought back my motivation to play. And i love it.

Im a Spurs fan, and my team is doing really great. Ive only signed Kweuke and Ben Arfa. Changed the tactic to play through the flanks, and Bale / Ben Arfa is killing.

Thanks alot for the tactic.
    jukilo likes this.

14. Hi all,

I've been away for a while trying to complete my degree but i've got a bit of spare time on my hands now. Good to see that the tactic is still bringing great success to those who use it!

I'm going to be taking on a new challenge, not sure what yet though.
    jukilo likes this.

15. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Hi all,

I've been away for a while trying to complete my degree but i've got a bit of spare time on my hands now. Good to see that the tactic is still bringing great success to those who use it!

I'm going to be taking on a new challenge, not sure what yet though.
    Good to see you back Sean. Tactic still seems to be working like a charm although I haven't used it myself for a month or two.

Be interesting to see what you come out with (if by new challenge you mean new tactic) as there is going to be a hell of expectancy and pressure to release a new tactic, you know what its like on here! But good luck!

16. Quote Originally Posted by ShaunWolf90 View Post
    Good to see you back Sean. Tactic still seems to be working like a charm although I haven't used it myself for a month or two.

Be interesting to see what you come out with (if by new challenge you mean new tactic) as there is going to be a hell of expectancy and pressure to release a new tactic, you know what its like on here! But good luck!
    Cheers, in terms of challenge I meant in terms of a new game. Tactics wise, I can't see the need for a new development as the versions that I use have never failed me - the original tactic, the 4-4-1-1 tweak and the 4-2-3-1 tweak.

My new challenge - I am going to be taking on one of RSD Alcala, CD Leganes or San Sebastian de los Reyes from the Spanish 3rd Tier. They're all from Madrid and the idea is to build them bigger than the other bigger Madrid sides - Alcorcon, Rayo, Getafe, Atletico and of course Real! To make it more interesting, i've used the editor to create a fierce rivalry between all 8 teams. Thinking of putting this on the challenges page and creating a scoring system etc.

17. hey sean, noticed you said a 4-2-3-1 tweak

can you link me to your 4 2 3 1 tweak and would using two inside forwards work with that tweak? (eg, left foot on right, right foot on left) and for your 4 2 3 1 tweak what type of AMC and ST? sorry for asking but it's not on OP and the thread is 124 pages lol

18. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2 Tweaks Thread

The tweaked tactics can be found here - the 4-2-3-1 is one that Herne79 created. Its with 3 AMC's the middle being creative and the outside ones more as inside forwards.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Tacticseeker View Post
    hey sean, noticed you said a 4-2-3-1 tweak

can you link me to your 4 2 3 1 tweak and would using two inside forwards work with that tweak? (eg, left foot on right, right foot on left) and for your 4 2 3 1 tweak what type of AMC and ST? sorry for asking but it's not on OP and the thread is 124 pages lol
    Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2 Tweaks Thread

The tweaked tactics can be found here - the 4-2-3-1 is one that Herne79 created. Its with 3 AMC's the middle being creative and the outside ones more as inside forwards.
    Remember, the 4231 tweak is a narrow 4231, with 3 x AMCs. However, I see no reason why moving AMCR/L out wider to the AMR/L positions as inside forwards wouldn't work (I've actually tried it out and it's fine) - just have players with a decent work rate (think Reus rather than Robben). On my Dortmund save I had Reus as an IF in the AML position and Blaszywotsit as a defensive winger at AMR - they both killed it from there.

And welcome back sean, hope the finals went well .
    Last edited by herne79; 06/06/2013 at 11:07 PM.

20. Could somebody please reupload the player filter for this tactic. Thanks

21. Focus passing down the flanks sounds intresting. Does it not restrict other players though? I might give it a try.

Has anyone else changed the passing focus?

22. Welcome back Sean I wanna, again, thank you for the best tactic in this year's game. By far.
    Last edited by jukilo; 07/06/2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Incorrect Grammar

23. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Cheers, in terms of challenge I meant in terms of a new game. Tactics wise, I can't see the need for a new development as the versions that I use have never failed me - the original tactic, the 4-4-1-1 tweak and the 4-2-3-1 tweak.

My new challenge - I am going to be taking on one of RSD Alcala, CD Leganes or San Sebastian de los Reyes from the Spanish 3rd Tier. They're all from Madrid and the idea is to build them bigger than the other bigger Madrid sides - Alcorcon, Rayo, Getafe, Atletico and of course Real! To make it more interesting, i've used the editor to create a fierce rivalry between all 8 teams. Thinking of putting this on the challenges page and creating a scoring system etc.
    That's a huge challenge but good on you mate! Should be fun. Anyway, I've just finished my first season with Wolfsburg in Germany, only added Fierro to the squad and finished 3rd. It was being decided on the last day of the season and my, the German league is hard, so many good teams. Thrilling stuff all throughout, team played decent but we struggled a lot most part of the season. I guess I didn't quite have the right players for it to work.

Also, changed from the 4-4-1-1 to the original and I guess that saved my season. Blame myself for using a declining Kahlenberg as trequarista.

Anyway, which one of the 3 tactics you mentioned seemed to be effective? Also, this one's probably for the community, when looking out for players to fit the position, do you diligently make sure they have 'all' the needed attributes or say give or take, one or two bad attribute?

Cheers!

24. @astillandsmall
    For me, it is important have players with the attributes, that can fit in this tactic. For example: in my recent save, in Milan, I've sold out Balotelli due to his low workrate and teamwork. He has the potential to play in AF/CF role but doesn't have the quality to play with the group.

More important than technical it's the mental part of a player. I think that's what this tactic is based, the idea of group. Rather choose players who play for the team than for themselves. Another examples: in my Benfica save (results are a few pages back), I needed a right back and a left midfielder. With technical players at my disposal and in the market, I choose Paulo Ferreira and Benayoun, who have great tactical attributes; in Spurs, specially in tough games, I frequently left Bale on bench in order to play Simone Pepe for the same reason.

P.S: I explain my ideas with practical examples because it's easier for me. English it's not my first language.

25. Could someone please upload the player filter list in OP link not working

26. Wow excellent tactic. Finished third with Southampton in first season and just two points behind the winners.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-southampton-table.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-southampton-tactic.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-southampton-transfers.jpg

Team talks and OI: Assistant Manager
    Pitch: Standard
    Match prep: Same as in OP

Substitutions:
    Half Time: I look at Assistant Manager feedback for "First Half" and substitute off players who are "getting skinned too often", "missing crucial interceptions", "misplacing several passes"

At 60 mins: I look at Assistant Manager feedback for "Last 30 minutes" and substitute off players who are "getting skinned too often", "missing crucial interceptions", "misplacing several passes"

Obviously players with fitness below 70 take priority to the above. I also substitute off players who get a knock and their fitness goes down to below 70 straight away because of the knock.

Thanks seanhrfc for the excellent tactic!

27. Quote Originally Posted by jasonbhoys View Post
    Could someone please upload the player filter list in OP link not working
    Arrigo Sacchi Filters - Download - 4shared

28. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    @astillandsmall
    For me, it is important have players with the attributes, that can fit in this tactic. For example: in my recent save, in Milan, I've sold out Balotelli due to his low workrate and teamwork. He has the potential to play in AF/CF role but doesn't have the quality to play with the group.

More important than technical it's the mental part of a player. I think that's what this tactic is based, the idea of group. Rather choose players who play for the team than for themselves. Another examples: in my Benfica save (results are a few pages back), I needed a right back and a left midfielder. With technical players at my disposal and in the market, I choose Paulo Ferreira and Benayoun, who have great tactical attributes; in Spurs, specially in tough games, I frequently left Bale on bench in order to play Simone Pepe for the same reason.

P.S: I explain my ideas with practical examples because it's easier for me. English it's not my first language.
    I get where you're coming from mate. It just puzzles me because in my other Monaco save, I had wingers with awful work rate, tackling with just average attacking/technical attributes to do great in most games but not in my Wolfsburg save. I think it's probably because I had Capoue and M'Vila orchestrating my midfield.

That goes to say, it will work with bare players but you'd have to have world-class players in key positions to back them up if they struggle. I'm probably gonna start on a new save with a strict 'right player for position' only rule. So far, I've been fairly reliant on having faith in players to do well only to lose key games.

I like the idea of having good defensive wingers for hard away games but it'll be a huge challenge to do that with a small club with a tight budget.
    jukilo likes this.

29. Yeah maybe. I have Salvio in Benfica and Lennon in Spurs who provide much of the assists while the other winger gives the defensive security and have good strikers.

But why you don't retrain a full back to midfielder to play on those difficult matches? And put a central defender as full back? Probably it is a big pragmatic move and I reckon that not everybody likes this kind of sets. Just an idea to "combat" the lack of funds.
    Last edited by jukilo; 09/06/2013 at 11:46 AM.

30. The player filter does no exit, anyone upload them??

Sorry for my English (I'm fron Spain).

Thanx!!.

31. Here you go garfilpdc and anyone that's looking for the filters.

Arrigo Sacchi Filters.pft
    shaddow likes this.

32. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    Yeah maybe. I have Salvio in Benfica and Lennon in Spurs who provide much of the assists while the other winger gives the defensive security and have good strikers.

But why you don't retrain a full back to midfielder to play on those difficult matches? And put a central defender as full back? Probably it is a big pragmatic move and I reckon that not everybody likes this kind of sets. Just an idea to "combat" the lack of funds.
    Yeah, those are good solutions. But you've gotta think about the PA that's being wasted on retraining. But great ideas, I'm gonna implement it in a new save.

Anyway, I've always wondered if you could get the "willing to die for each other" for the team within half a season. I've read somewhere that having Team Cohesion on Very Heavy helps to speed that up but I've always thought that it'll takes seasons of gelling, having that a 'core' consistent team to get that.

33. Anyone tried implementing a AMC instead of one of the strikers?

34. Hello fragnot

Yeap, Sean came up with a 4-4-1-1 with the AMC acting as a Trequarista. Pretty neat stuff but that is if you have a really good Treq.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2 Tweaks Thread

35. Yeah, those are good solutions. But you've gotta think about the PA that's being wasted on retraining. But great ideas, I'm gonna implement it in a new save.

Anyway, I've always wondered if you could get the "willing to die for each other" for the team within half a season. I've read somewhere that having Team Cohesion on Very Heavy helps to speed that up but I've always thought that it'll takes seasons of gelling, having that a 'core' consistent team to get that.
    I never do more than one season (I know, shame on me lol) so I don't know how to answer to the second part of your post mate. As you already know, having the general training in team cohesion provides great union and that's essential to make this tactic work. That must be awesome when it appears. But I guess it needs the same group of players in many years, without too much changes. For me that's the ideal on how a team must be. Wish that I can stay in the same save to allow that happen.

Again, sorry for any possible bad English.

36. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    I never do more than one season (I know, shame on me lol) so I don't know how to answer to the second part of your post mate. As you already know, having the general training in team cohesion provides great union and that's essential to make this tactic work. That must be awesome when it appears. But I guess it needs the same group of players in many years, without too much changes. For me that's the ideal on how a team must be. Wish that I can stay in the same save to allow that happen.

Again, sorry for any possible bad English.
    Don't worry about it, your English is by far better than most English speaking person I know.

Yeah, you're right, do you do "Team Cohesion" on Very Heavy all throughout the season?

37. Cheers. No mate I don't. I put on "team cohesion" in the first day of the pre-season in normal intensity (defensive positioning in match preparation) and I don't change throughout the whole season. Of course it will take longer but its effective for me (along with some other things to help).
    Having it on "very heavy" may affect your individual players training. Their individual work will be on a heavy level and maybe cause injuries on a more regular basis, specially taking in account what this tactic demands on the pitch.

38. has anyone tried this on 13.3.3?
    does it work?

39. Yeap, it's the best one for this year's series which I'm sure everyone here will agree.

40. Agree...this tactic is the best on FM 13. I mostly use tweaked version 4-4-1-1 with trequartista and inside forward.

41. Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo1992 View Post
    Agree...this tactic is the best on FM 13. I mostly use tweaked version 4-4-1-1 with trequartista and inside forward.
    where is link for 4411 ? please

42. Quote Originally Posted by vintage75020 View Post
    I will not looking instead of you...go to Arrigo sacchi 4-4-2 tweaks thread. On 1st page you have list of all tweaked tactics.

Enjoy

43. do you guys do anything for away games or do you allways play the same way?

44. Quote Originally Posted by vintage75020 View Post
    Mate, look a page back. It's there.

45. Brilliant tactic. Won the treble with Leeds in 2018. Taking the time during pre-season to get it fluid really helps as well as buying players who work hard and are suitable to their tactical roles.
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-06-10-14.54.21.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-06-10-14.52.12.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-06-10-14.52.51.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-06-10-14.51.23.png
    seanhrfc and jukilo like this.

46. This tactic is just epic defensively. My 2nd, 3rd and 4th games in the league..

First season btw, and no shots on target conceded
    Last edited by Arvind K; 12/06/2013 at 11:43 AM.
    seanhrfc likes this.

47. This is the best tactic for FM13, period.
    seanhrfc likes this.

48. How would the tactic respond if I were to change the complete forward to a trequartista. I know there is a 4-4-1-1 tweak with a trequartista, but would the role work as a striker too?

49. Just one more question, how come you changed the wingers' wide play to 'normal'? How do they play under these instructions? I know that with cut inside they will move towards the centre and with hug touchline they will stay wide, but what do they do when set on normal. Thanks.

50. Quote Originally Posted by Objekto View Post
    How would the tactic respond if I were to change the complete forward to a trequartista. I know there is a 4-4-1-1 tweak with a trequartista, but would the role work as a striker too?
    Hi Objekto. For the trequartista I found that it works best from AM, I had tried at FC but didn't have great success. However it is important to understand that the Trequartista has adapted instructions so that he acts somewhere inbetween an inside forward, trequartista and complete forward. Mixed forward runs, run with ball often and he is set as playmaker and target man (to feet). There is no reason why with a bit of adapting the TQ couldn't play up top, so feel free to have a mess around and post up the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Objekto View Post
    Just one more question, how come you changed the wingers' wide play to 'normal'? How do they play under these instructions? I know that with cut inside they will move towards the centre and with hug touchline they will stay wide, but what do they do when set on normal. Thanks.
    They are set to normal for the idea that when the ball is on the other flank, they act as a third forward and get into the box as opposed to stay out hugging the line. With this, they will sometimes cut inside and sometimes go down the line and cross when they have the ball. What actions they do more often will come down to their preferred moves and foot. The tactic works just as well with out an out wingers and ones that want to cut inside (you can even have a combination).
    Objekto likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO