Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. For those that are interested, I have started a new story at Southampton - with a twist. I have started with an all English team so all foreigners out and my ultimate aim is to win the Premier League / Champions League with a complete, British all home-grown at club team.

The All-Saints : A Home-Grown Southampton Challenge

2. This thread is huge! lol. Starting unemployed with some third division belgian team. Using the filters gets you players with around 8 - 9 for the relevant stats for a really obscure team. Is it best to concentrate on 4 or so stats per position?

3. Quote Originally Posted by mcbgun View Post
    This thread is huge! lol. Starting unemployed with some third division belgian team. Using the filters gets you players with around 8 - 9 for the relevant stats for a really obscure team. Is it best to concentrate on 4 or so stats per position?
    For a team that low down it will be very difficult to use the filters. I would focus on making sure the majority of your team have high determination, work rate and team work, as well as finding a few players with good pace/acceleration, I find these players although lacking in technical ability often succeed in lower league football.

4. Nice one mate. I shall see how it goes! Also in terms of left and right footed players is best to play CBL with left foot etc, DML left foot etc, AFL left foot etc and the wingers left foot on left and right foot on right?

I have tried looking through the thread and using the search function but no joy.

5. Hey, I am new here. Actually i have read a lot of stuff off here and find this forum to be very helpful. I just want to thank you sean, for this tactic. This is absolutely fantastic and works like a charm!. I like to think of myself as an astute football watcher but i struggled like hell during my second season. I was sacked two times in a single season and was about to be sacked again before i stumbled upon this. I got promoted with Port Vale(Thats where i ended up) which is no mean task as i was sitting at a pretty 21st place in Jan and had a null transfer budget. So, for anybody doubting if this tactic works(just like i did), let me tell you, this is an amazing tactic and trust me, there is a lot going on 'behind the scenes' tthis tactic makes your entire team play better rather than creating chances for just few. And also, i seem to be scoring regularly through corners as well?!I've never scored from a corner before. So, for short terms success or a quick fix, use this tactic until you build a 2 goal lead and then use raikan's minibus tactic.

6. Update on my Real Oviedo career. I resigned after a shocking start in La liga. I had played 11 games won 1, drew 4 and lost 7. After resigning from Oviedo the Liverpool vacancy opened up after Arsene Wenger was sacked, so I decided I may as well just apply for it. To my surprise the offered me the job at Liverpool and I can see why Wenger was sacked. They sat 17th in the Premier league table. After using the tactic from mid December to end of February I am currently sat 6th in the table and I have won the capital one cup.

My only signings in the January transfer window were Carlos Fierro and Victor Wanyama. Fierro has been in fantastic form, scoring 11 goals in 10 games and 6 assists. Wanyama has also been amazing for me by forming a great partnership with Leiva in the two DM spots. Also does anyone else has any players to recommend me? I am looking for a new CB, LM and CF.

I'll post the league table at the end of the season

7. I took over Polish national team in 2016 year (just after Euro Championship). Promoted to World Cup 2018 after Play-Offs, and then won in final against Brazil. Used your tactics, because Polish team somehow have good DM's and most of the players are determined with good stamina and work rate. Your tactics worked very well for my team and it was a huge success (it was a success when we took the places in World Cup group stages lol). Anyway, What can I say? If you have determined, high working and team play players in your squad you will get success with it. I love how DM's were involved into attacking plays and both wingers where comming center and act like ACM's. Milik - Lewandowski striker partnership worked great in this tactics as well.

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/491/30in.jpg - Against Macedonia it was my first match.
    http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3289/p2e3.jpg - You can see a litle drop in form, where we couldn't score in 3 games, but then in Playoffs we trashed Romanian National Team.
    http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9835/1l5w.jpg - And finally friendlies before World Cup and successful tournament itself.
    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6264/9x2.jpg - Poland - Brazil; final game statistics, 4-1 in CCC,

8. Quote Originally Posted by IRHyMEzx View Post
    Update on my Real Oviedo career. I resigned after a shocking start in La liga. I had played 11 games won 1, drew 4 and lost 7. After resigning from Oviedo the Liverpool vacancy opened up after Arsene Wenger was sacked, so I decided I may as well just apply for it. To my surprise the offered me the job at Liverpool and I can see why Wenger was sacked. They sat 17th in the Premier league table. After using the tactic from mid December to end of February I am currently sat 6th in the table and I have won the capital one cup.

My only signings in the January transfer window were Carlos Fierro and Victor Wanyama. Fierro has been in fantastic form, scoring 11 goals in 10 games and 6 assists. Wanyama has also been amazing for me by forming a great partnership with Leiva in the two DM spots. Also does anyone else has any players to recommend me? I am looking for a new CB, LM and CF.

I'll post the league table at the end of the season
    For central defense I would look at Juan Jesus, Alderweireld or Banana, Cabella or Griezmann for the left wing, and Watt as a forward.

9. Pre-Season Training

Hi guys,

Just started a new challenge with Arsenal. Have changed a lot players in my team....What kind of training i should choose and what level? And how many friendly games is advised to set up?

Thks

10. The Best tactic I have ever used on FM13. Started unemployed and took over Birmingham when they were 14th in the Championship. Finished the season as champions and won the majority of my games. Thank you very much for sharing this tactic

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-fm1.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-fm2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-fm3.png

11. what striker do people find worked best in the complete forward role? cause it seems like more of a deep lying/creative forward role, would someone quick and creative, such as iker muniain be better here, what do people find best

12. Quote Originally Posted by Tacticseeker View Post
    what striker do people find worked best in the complete forward role? cause it seems like more of a deep lying/creative forward role, would someone quick and creative, such as iker muniain be better here, what do people find best
    I played Lewandowski as Complete Forward, and he was a beast there, thanks to him my second striker (Milik) could really shine. His first touch, decisions, braverly, work rate, off the ball and of course good agility and fitness. He had most Key Passes in every game + a lot of goals and assists.

13. Prepare to be blown away....

BEST.TACTIC.EVER

Didn't make any signings bar a few loans, Digne and signed Fierro in January

Attachment 356837Attachment 356838Attachment 356840Attachment 356844

Basically won everything, almost an entirely unbeaten season, bar the defeat to Aberdeen in the League and the second leg against City.

All down to this tactic. Gary Hooper and Samaras were top and 2nd top goalscorers in the Champions League.

14. szkoda, że Polacy tak nie grają hehe

15. i've won my second champion's league with dortmund against manchester united 4-1 just one thing to say "greaaaaaaaaaaaaat" this tac and Mr L rock classic are amazing but i love this one because of the 2 strickers

16. what two strikers do you play makman and in which position? and what type of strikers do you play in each role

can people who've had good champions league victories and amazing goals in the league explain which strikers go where, thank you

17. Quote Originally Posted by Tacticseeker View Post
    what two strikers do you play makman and in which position? and what type of strikers do you play in each role

can people who've had good champions league victories and amazing goals in the league explain which strikers go where, thank you

I had Hooper in the AF position and Tony Watt in the CF. Hooper had 13 goals in the champions league.

18. how did he score most of them? should the CF be creative, good in the air, etc? would a small creative striker be good for the CF

19. Quote Originally Posted by Tacticseeker View Post
    how did he score most of them? should the CF be creative, good in the air, etc? would a small creative striker be good for the CF
    With ball coming to feet, usually the other striker would set him up, either by passes or aerial battles. I'm not sure whether a small striker would work, worth a try i suppose. Both DM's push up quite often and deliver deathly passes to both strikers also, so somebody with a good first touch and anticipation/pace would be good.

20. When I won the CL with Benfica in 1st season (few pages back) Cardozo, Rui Fonte (Portuguese lad) and Viktor Fischer were my main options for the CF position. Everyone quite different and all performed very well.

In other great saves with Liverpool and Spurs, Suarez, Coutinho and Sigurdsson performed very well there too. I guess you have plenty of options and pay attention to PPM's too. That and maintain ALL the players with high morale make this tactic almost unstoppable.

21. FreddieInsane
    Amateur
    Hi.. can someone upload the players filters? please

22. the player filters link is broken

23. Just about to test this. Is it essential to use OIs i prefer not using them as in general i feel it takes away from the tactic, however if it works best with them set i will do as instructed, any info on this?

Has anyone had success without using OI??

24. Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_x_ View Post
    Just about to test this. Is it essential to use OIs i prefer not using them as in general i feel it takes away from the tactic, however if it works best with them set i will do as instructed, any info on this?

Some people have not used OIs successfully, so it could be ok especially if your assistant or coaches don't have the sufficient stats.

However, if you have an assistant mgr or coach with decent defensive and tactical skills, for the sake of the 2 seconds it takes to set OIs then you may as well use them.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Sebel View Post
    Hi guys,

Just started a new challenge with Arsenal. Have changed a lot players in my team....What kind of training i should choose and what level? And how many friendly games is advised to set up?

Thks
    Wadup, Wadup....any ideas dear Friends?

Many thanks

26. Do you need to tweak this constantly throughout the season or just do the same every match?

27. Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Do you need to tweak this constantly throughout the season or just do the same every match?
    ??? Thanks for your "interesting" answer.....humm

28. I quite obviously wasn't answering your question!

29. Oscar, when I was using this tactic I never touched a thing and I dont think anyone else has either, although there are a few good variations of this tactic on Sean's other thread which he has linked in the OP somewhere or you will easily find it if you browse through the threads he has created.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_x_ View Post
    Just about to test this. Is it essential to use OIs i prefer not using them as in general i feel it takes away from the tactic, however if it works best with them set i will do as instructed, any info on this?

OI seems a bit of a grey area for me and partly because I never trust my Assistant not matter how good he is to handle tactical decisions. I've tried it before though and it seemed to nullify the tactic way bit but on the odd occasion, it happens to work well so it's a bit mixed for me. I'd highly recommend not to use it though, I find the tactic works immensely better without it.

Anyway, for those looking for the player filters. Here it is.

Arrigo Sacchi Filters.pft

Hopefully Sean finds the time to put this in the first page.

Sebe

I think you're being very vague here and not helping yourself for us to help you. Post up your team, your current training. Help us help you. Also, if you spend a few seconds reading back a few, you might find the link I posted on making the best out of your Pre-Season.

Anyway, here it is :

Sports Interactive Community

31. Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Do you need to tweak this constantly throughout the season or just do the same every match?
    The foundation and ideals in this tactic is great. It'll work with almost any team as long as they're determined and has great work rate. I wouldn't tweak it as you go along because of the point above. For you to make the most out of it is a matter of picking the right players for the positions as well as some decent man-management/morale skills.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Tacticseeker View Post
    how did he score most of them? should the CF be creative, good in the air, etc? would a small creative striker be good for the CF
    I agree with most of what being said here. Just to add on, it's a good idea to have the players with the right stats in the position. However, you won't always get a perfect eleven in any club so, from my experiences, building from the Midfield is a smart way to start. After all, most of the build-up plays comes from the Wingers to the workaholic DMC's so if your strikers are decent enough, they'll nick it in.

Also, I find that set pieces in it's amazing. Have a tall, strong beast of a DC and you're all set for success.

33. awais91's Avatar awais91
    Backup
    Can someone please post the link of the latest version?

34. i think there 's only one version

35. Doing well with this tactic with Dortmund great work from the creater

36. I put my emphasise in teamwork been working great with me and tactics in pre season

37. Started unemployed and got the hayes and yeading job.....went 9 games unbeaten at start of season with teamwork on very high and tactics as match prep........ but then....since mid december I've had a nightmare! Lost 6 out of 7 league games and won only one. I will change back to tactics for match prep and teamwork very high....been giving correct teamtalks (green reactions etc). Strange.

Got rid of pretty much entire squad and replaced with players with high determination, teamwork and work rate at start of season.

Any thoughts? My squad management is good...rotating players etc.

38. can someone re-upload the players filter somewhere else ? I tried to download itu from the link in the 1st page but there is no download button (except ads )..... thanks in advandce

39. Quote Originally Posted by mcbgun View Post
    Started unemployed and got the hayes and yeading job.....went 9 games unbeaten at start of season with teamwork on very high and tactics as match prep........ but then....since mid december I've had a nightmare! Lost 6 out of 7 league games and won only one. I will change back to tactics for match prep and teamwork very high....been giving correct teamtalks (green reactions etc). Strange.

Got rid of pretty much entire squad and replaced with players with high determination, teamwork and work rate at start of season.

Any thoughts? My squad management is good...rotating players etc.
    Any ideas guys? My team has fallen apart somehow!

40. I think I've solved it. I think my players were just getting knackered after months of this tactic which does put a lot of demand on the physical side of things. I changed my general training to fitness which has improved my form over the last 5 games to P5 W3 D1 L1. Team instantly looked better after the change. Might be something worth considering for anyone who experienced the same shocking run of form like I did (P12 W1 D1 L10).

41. Will this starting XI works well for MU side ? or are there players that you recommend to sell (or, just changed)?
    SK : De Gea
    LB : Evra
    CB : Vidic, Jones (idk about this one, MU has 5 CBs in their squad :/ )
    RB : Rafael
    DM : Wanyama, Carrick
    LM : Bale
    RM : Nani
    CF : Rooney
    AF : RvP
    Last edited by Barraza; 23/06/2013 at 08:56 AM.

42. My 1st match (Community against Wigan) went well, got a 2-1 win (although I expect more goals from my MU) but, the manchester derby (which is the 1st BPL match for me) was superb. Got a 4-1 win against City. Despite that, I've got 1 question, since the city goal is caused because the SK was too far from the goal (and D.Silva fantasticly chipped over the ball from outside penalty box),is it ok to change his role to a usual GK ? cause I don't want that silly goal to happen against my team anymore in the future. Btw, this is an excellent tactic gonna post some results soon

43. I may be wrong, but the link in the opening post to d/l the tactic doesn't seem to work anymore. At least it doesn't for me anyway.

44. Hello, congratulations on creating your tactics it is very good work. My first two seasons I was champion with Lazio but against the three I have a big problem, I finished 11 in the standings with no title won I do not know why and I said that I did not made changes to tactics, thank you in advance for your help

45. Hi and thanks for the Intro and the tactic.

Pre-season we got spanked the first couple of games 3-3 and 2-3 but I was not deterred.
    I have changed little, cooled the CB's down as mine where getting skinned on the half way line. So now they sit a little deeper and are less eager to close down. (minus 3-4 clicks mentality, creativity, closing down)
    Moved the two deep midfielders into center midfield with CM(s) - BWM(d) roles and that about all I have done.
    Pre-season: played 6, lost 2, draw 1, win 3.
    In season: played 5, lost 0, draw 1, win 4
    Not bad for starters.

And I am most impressed with signing Viktor Fischer (one of your recommended first 11) he cost me 9mill but with those stats at that age with all that potential

46. gonna share some match I've been through :

1. The 2nd BPL match against stoke : It was a stalemate (even my team got 16 shots, only 5 which were on target), we also won the possession (59&).... my concern is, we only got 1 CCC in this match. But, I think it the stalemate is because our injury hell (Rooney, Wanyama, and Vidic unavailable after the manchester derby)....

2. 3rd BPL fixtures against C. Palace : It was good, a 3-0 win (the unavailable players are Rooney and Wanyama. Since I sold Vidic for 23m and got Cahill which is a BPD for just 16m) Persie got a brace while Chicha got the other one. Amazingly, we got 29 shots (still, bad conversion imo because there were only 9 on targets), another win in possession (61%) and 5 CCCs (they got 0) we were completely dominating.... but still need a prove that the 4-1 win against City is not just a luck (well, I got some big matches since I have Juventus, Schalke, and Galatasaray in my CL group).... gonna post some more

47. if i wanna use this tactic now, do i get the original tactic from the front page? and also is there any changes/tips you can tell me or has nothing changed since release? i would normally look through, but theres over 100 pages lol

48. @pezman123, look the page 131 and my post mate. There you'll find other variants.

49. Quote Originally Posted by jukilo View Post
    @pezman123, look the page 131 and my post mate. There you'll find other variants.
    nothing there buddy

50. Sorry mate. My bad, I was confused with other thread that I post on today lol. Sorry mate.

There you go: Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2 Tweaks Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO