Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Anyone tried a combination of Arrigo Sacchi's 442, The Rock Classic 4141 and/or Modern Warfare KISS Corners matte tweak?

I'm curious because on my saves it seems that tactics always lose their efficiency after 2 or 3 seasons played - maybe I am personally managing my team wrong after that time, but I doubt it. I heard on many places on these forums that this might be because the game engine "learns" how to play against your tactic?

Either way, I was planning on my next long save to start using Rock Classic only on away games and maybe home against much bigger opponents, since it is very good defensively and counter-attacking wise. However, do you think could it work together with Arrigo Sacchi 442, if I'll use this one mainly at home games or also away against easy opponents?

2. This is my MU match results so far... still unbeaten !!! RvP (my complete forward) scored 8 in the last 7 matches.... what a tactic, mate !!!!
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-manchester-united_-fixtures-schedule.png
    Last edited by Barraza; 25/06/2013 at 05:59 PM.

3. 2013/2014
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-ligue-1_-vista-geral-fases.png

2012/2013
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-ligue-1_-vista-geral-fases-2.png

The best tactic.

Vladimir Weiss is great for MD (Winger R).

4. Someone please answer this, I have excellent result as you can see in my previous post (followed by 4-1 win against Everton and 2-1 against WBA). But, after that, it seems my team 'collapsed'. They got a 1-1 draw against Juventus ( I still think this wasn't a very bad result), and after that we lost 2-0 in Newcastle match (because P. Cisse's brace). Is there a solution to it ? thanks in advance

5. This tactic works great, but I have some trouble winning away from home. I have the lead many times, but the other team ALWAYS score. I have tried to contain, and give shouts keep ball, but I always concede. Almost no matter who I play against, the other team has a lot of possession. They also seem to be very efficient.
    My team is Torino, this is the perhaps the best lineup:
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-torino-f.c._-taktikk-oversikt.png
    Any suggestions? I haven't tampered with the tactic in any way. Thanks for a really great tactic though

6. Do you use individual training aswell for each role?

7. Hi Rods, was that to me? No I don't think I have. I have put some of them on individual training, like dribling and such, but nothing to do with the role? I will try it out for sure!

8. No i was asking seanhrfc.

I don't think he uses individual training. It might be too heavy for the players mixed in with balanced high training.

9. NEVER tried anything like this m8!
    Its so good it makes me jealous that i cant make such a good tactic!!!!

10. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-ghannnn.png not many people can say they have done this!! only used this tactic, assitant took care of the friendlys.

11. Quote Originally Posted by eddiemcardle View Post
    Attachment 361656 not many people can say they have done this!! only used this tactic, assitant took care of the friendlys.

can you put a screen of your ghana squad please because you are in 2022 and if you have a lot of great players it's just normal.

12. reupload players filter please

13. Best tactic Ive used, Got San Marino straight into Serie B. Then first season in Serie B I came 6th.

1st in league with Southampton, 1st in league with Tottenham.

Keep it up

14. Hi mate the feedback and results seems amazing i'm going to try it, could tou tell me wich individual training do you use to players?

15. Playing as Liverpool with the newest update
    Suarez Suspended
    Reina Injured

1st Game Playing Aston Villa at home
    Villa score early on.....0-1
    Then 43rd min- Gerrard Sent off

10 men 1-0 down at half time
    Coutinho injured - on comes aspas and he swaps with Nem
    71- Lucas Scores
    81- Aspas Scores
    Full Time

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-liverpool-v-aston-villa_-overview-overview.png
    Overall Loving the tactic

16. Quote Originally Posted by makman59 View Post
    can you put a screen of your ghana squad please because you are in 2022 and if you have a lot of great players it's just normal.
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-genn.png

17. Quote Originally Posted by Uberlicious View Post
    This tactic works great, but I have some trouble winning away from home. I have the lead many times, but the other team ALWAYS score. I have tried to contain, and give shouts keep ball, but I always concede. Almost no matter who I play against, the other team has a lot of possession. They also seem to be very efficient.
    My team is Torino, this is the perhaps the best lineup:
    Attachment 360566
    Any suggestions? I haven't tampered with the tactic in any way. Thanks for a really great tactic though
    in exactly the same boat with exactly the same team haha

18. thanks

19. If those results are legit ( I havn't tested the tactic) then that is absolutely phenomenal! Well done mate.

20. the tactic is same with this tactic ( 4-4-2 of Arrigo Sacchi ) ? thx

21. Please Reup Tactic

22. Already knew the tactics, but did not trust much in it...
    So incredible: leader of the Liga Sagres with the Olhanense, unbeaten (8 1 0)...

The best tactics I've ever used...

Thank you

23. for patch 13.3.3?

24. 4-4-2 of Arrigo Sacchi
    This your new version?

25. this tactic is freakin' LEGEN-wait for it-DARYYYYYYYY!

i started to play with ''arrigo sacchi 4-4-2'' in this season (2015-2016), and that's the results so far. i also changed eden hazard to advanced forward.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-hazard.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-hattrickcity.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-epl.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-vsbarca.jpg
    krovax777 likes this.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Bertol View Post
    4-4-2 of Arrigo Sacchi
    This your new version?
    Hey mate, just checked out the link. I doubt that's Sean's version. It's probably a remake of the same philosophy by another user. Though no harm trying it to compare.

27. Quote Originally Posted by maurinhorebelo View Post
    this tactic is freakin' LEGEN-wait for it-DARYYYYYYYY!

i started to play with ''arrigo sacchi 4-4-2'' in this season (2015-2016), and that's the results so far. i also changed eden hazard to advanced forward.

Attachment 363349Attachment 363350Attachment 363351Attachment 363352
    Congrats mate! Brilliant results and good job turning Hazard, though ideally I think he'd struggle to score with finishing that low but it worked for you so screw that!

28. Where is the last version?

29. Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSmalling View Post
    Where is the last version?
    there is not 1 the 1 on the first page is the 1

30. Quote Originally Posted by astillandsmall View Post
    Congrats mate! Brilliant results and good job turning Hazard, though ideally I think he'd struggle to score with finishing that low but it worked for you so screw that!
    i win man city and liverpool now. 4-0 both!

31. reupload filters, pls

32. its strange to me that this tactic only works in the Italian championship lol

33. Quote Originally Posted by laziale13 View Post
    its strange to me that this tactic only works in the Italian championship lol
    well it kept my barnsley side up in my first season in the prem

34. I try experiments in Germany, France and England I have not done that bad seasons it's weird but I have not changed anything in the tactical

35. Quote Originally Posted by laziale13 View Post
    I try experiments in Germany, France and England I have not done that bad seasons it's weird but I have not changed anything in the tactical
    Hey man, it's not weird, it's just that some leagues are harder. I've played England (Arsenal), Spain (Valencia), France (Monaco/PSG), Germany (Wolfsburg/HSV) and it was mixed but when you finally get the right players in on for the second season, it'll take off. Having said that, first season, with all the teams I manage, we always over-achieve.

Germany was the hardest league, I got sacked by HSV after only 10 games and that was because tactical familiarity was barely half and I had just bought a new first eleven. So there was that problem of players getting used to playing with each other as well as the system was my downfall but I've learnt my lesson. With Wolfsburg, we managed 2nd in my first season.

As amazing as that was, we took alot of battering during the course of the season and it got down to the wire till the last game to seal 2nd. Achieved that with just Fierro and Destro as my new signings.

So, I'd recommend you give it time and get the right players in. It's a really good tactic.

36. player filters link!?

37. Quote Originally Posted by tinc View Post
    player filters link!?
    Mate, go back a few pages. My link is there.

38. The best tactic i've used in about the last 3 years of FM no joke, I had two managers going one at PSG one at Lens, PSG was moneybags, Lens was homegrown talent, using this tactic PSG won the Champions league, ligue 1 twice, french cup, euro super cup ect, Lens won ligue 2 and then finished 3rd in ligue 1 and final of french cup (Lost to PSG -_-) was very impressed, incredible tactic, i've just returned to it on my Chelsea save and instant results come once again, many thanks.

39. Quote Originally Posted by astillandsmall View Post
    Mate, go back a few pages. My link is there.
    mate i found the filters but seems the link is broken, could you upload it again? thank you

Btw, could someone tell me which is the best individual training?

40. Quote Originally Posted by redown View Post
    could someone tell me which is the best individual training?
    It depends on the individual, as the name implies. If you've got a winger with low dribbling, train him on that. If you've got a defender with poor strength, raise it up. Each position has several attributes associated with it; you need to look at your players, the positions you expect them to play and decide which of their attributes aren't good enough. Train those.

41. tested various tactics and this is the only that transmits security.
    jukilo likes this.

42. Quote Originally Posted by tinc View Post
    player filters link!?
    Arrigo Sacchi Filters.zip

43. Quote Originally Posted by k3k3 View Post
    tested various tactics and this is the only that transmits security.
    Spot on! It's not gonna give you that '50-game-unbeaten-streak' right off the bat but what it promises is consistency and once every variable of the game is settled (Morale, form, quality and luck), you might just get that winning streak or even better.

I think for those who are still struggling with it, it's perfectly fine to struggle initially. FM 2013 is a simulation of a real manager and it's probably shitload harder for the real thing so it's only realistic. Keep at it and have fun!
    jukilo likes this.

44. Hi,
    had a quick look at most of the posts and haven't seen anyone mention about a struggle for goals.
    Im playing with Man Utd and having Rooney and RVP up front but both are struggling to score consistent. The tactic is working fine, very consistent but I'm scraping wins. Possibly being greedy but I would like more goals.
    I'm also playing on the Classic mode so have only limited control over training etc.
    Any help or tips will be very much appreciated.

45. I should admit that this tactic provides safety BUT i score a few goals as a result if i get conceded a goal there are too many possibilities to draw or lose a game... I was using this tactic at the start of the season and until christmas holidays i had only 1 draw and 1 defeat, suddenly on jenuary i had 1W, 2D and 2L in 5 matches, so i looked for tweaks or other tactic because i lost all the point advantage i had

46. This tactic is really good and my Newcastle team had been strolling to being the league champions for the past 2 seasons already. However, it doesn't really work that well in UCL as I was eliminated in the quarters two years in a row (albeit I played RM and Barcelona respectively). Pretty satisfied with the tactic although I feel it could be improved.

The biggest issue for me about the tactic is the strikers. Very very often throughout the season that my strikers goes through a horrendous stretch of time without scoring goals and I don't really feel their impact in the game. I dragged the complete forward into the CAM role and got better results, but the striker upfront still isn't really banging them in consistently. I was doing this in hope of the lone striker having better chances of scoring.

47. Hei Sean and other „Sacchi fans“,
    finished my 1st Swansea season with my own tactic 5th, then decided to switch to yours and grabbed 3rd place behind ManU and Spurs.
    Now preparing to club’s first ever CL year and so got some marquee signings (you’ll see them later on).
    I’m asking you (or any other member familiar with current tactic) to suggest me best line-up with these main players:
    GK:
    Ospina
    DR:
    Solly
    DL:
    Coentrao, Davies, Taylor
    DC:
    Cahill, Capuano, Williams, Chico, Bartley, Situ
    DMC:
    Xabi Alonso, Barry, Britton, Ki Sung-Yeung, Romero, Hughes
    MR:
    Lennon, Dyer, Brunt
    ML:
    Coentrao, Brunt, Dyer, Diamanti (also Barry if needed)
    ST:
    Villa, Jelavic, Helenius, Fierro, Diamanti

48. I really like the way this tactic to breaks on the counter, it's truly remarkable, and I agree with post #1362 it definitely has security and consistency.

Thanks for sharing.

49. jiggyjimmy

Hey mate, haven't played the classic but I'll try and help as much as I can. Where are you playing RvP and Rooney? I'd suggest having Rooney as the CF and RvP as the ADF. This way, IMO Rooney acts as a supplier to RvP. Also, have you tried interacting with them post games? For example, if a player has a rating of 6.5, I'd warn him and tell him he needs to buck up via the player interaction, if it's worse, then a fine would do. This helps the player-manager relationship leading to better performances.

macchiavelli

That's usually a blip in form during the course of the season. It's perfectly normal. You'd just have to motivate the team more, shake up the starting line-ups with changes. Do team meetings. Fine/player interactions. Teamtalks. Anything that would help increase the morale. Check your set-piece takers? Did you have the best players to take it? Really helps if you're on the low and looking to grind wins to pick up the form. Also, play more defensive players when on the road. Lastly, have you tried exploiting the flanks when playing against a narrow formation?

dasty

Hey, have you checked out Sean's AMC tweak? Also, what's your current line-up? Are the players happy with their training? Team talks good? I find that if my strikers have a shit game, it's usually because of the supply, I'll look to make changes on the 65th minute mark replacing the Wingers especially.

transferking

DL : Coentrao would do well here.
    DC : Capuano, Cahill? Not too sure mate but key to have them pacy!
    DMC : Any will do as long as they have the attributes mention in the opening post.
    MR/ML : Lennon or any pacy wingers, speed is key in the counter-attacking nature of this tactic. Also, be sure to have a more defensive minded wingers for those crunch games!
    ST : I would think Villa and Fierro would do fine here.

Those are just my suggestions, I wouldn't know for sure if it will work but you can always check up on the important attributes from the opening post here just to be safe!

Ovro

I hear you mate. Just won the Serie A with Fiorentina, first season, original squad. Chuffed to bits but the board ain't too happy with the football being played. That's all gonna change with key signings in the summer!

50. thanks for this tactic mate, ive had 3 very successful seasons with southampton using it, winning everything possible

a few little tweaks i done to it, that seemed to help were:

tick target man - Adv forward
    tick play maker - complete forward (so they recieve the ball more often)
    tick target man supply - run onto ball
    remove offside, because quick strikers always break loose.
    tick counter attack to make use of the quick wingers.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO