Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Hey

Long term follower of this site but first time poster so bare with me

First of all thank you for a very very wellmade tactic and description. Im a big fan of high d-line pressure and fast build up tactics, as thats how I want football to be played - high risk equals high reward.
    Usually I play a 4-2-3-1 tactic with inside forwards and attacking fullbacks but this time I wanted a more defensive tactic as its kinda hard to find those good inside forwards. And this tactic really shines in its defensive side and thats a very good way to start a tactic imho.

What I have changed and wants to improve is following:

I changed all my team to hard tackle, because watching the matches my players just didnt win the ball often enough and thats kinda the idea behind high pressure tactics. It made my DMs play better, starting more attacks and getting more possession in general. Ofcourse sometimes stuff can go wrong but overall it was a very big improvement for my team.
    I have tested ticking counter attacks on because I think my team in general move the ball way to slow and miss out on alot of ccc´s - but again trying to gain more clear cut chances could make you have less possession so it could be a very bad trade off.

In general the tactic lacks better wing play - I got world class wingers and the produce way to little chances- Im gonna explore with taking down their creative freedom so they can start getting those crosses in. Missing out on alot of great chances from the wings makes many of my matches a struggle to make goals - the tactic is too much focused on getting the ball through the middle as thats where all the players are running. Would also like my fullbacks to contribute more with crosses in the attack - assist wise this tactics isent that great for em either.

Overall this tactic gets stuff done and is very consistent especially if you follow the rule of player attributes; Determination, Work Rate, Team Work, Stamina and in generel mental stats, but were it shines the most is in it high pressure defensive hard working team play rather than being a fantastic offensive playstyle.

You cant get it all I guess, but Ill keep tweaking until atleast my attack get more out of their potential.

Thanx again for making a fantastic tactic with vision and a gameplan. Thats excactly what manager games are about.

2. Playing as Arsenal third season and this is my current line up:
    GK: Szczesny
    RB: Sagna
    LB: Gibbs
    CB: Mertesacker (despite his lack of pace gets amazing ratings)
    CB: Koscielny/Ashley Williams (from Swansea)
    DM: Fellaini (from Everton)
    DM: Vermaelen (retrained)/Garmash (D.Kiev)/Nkoulou (Marseille)
    RM: Walcott/The Ox/Wilshere
    LM: Wellington Nem (from Fluminense)/Podolski (re-trained)/Gervinho
    AF: Falcao
    CF: Giroud/Kweuke

Also have:
    GK: Fabianski
    Defenders: Jores Okore, Sokratis Papastathopoulos (re-trained RB/DM too), and Djourou.
    Midfielders: Ramsey (being re-trained DM), Lorenzo Crisetig (from Inter)
    Forwards: Lacina Traore (Anzhi)

Can anyone help me with any position advice? Like I'm trying to re-train Ramsey because he has great potential but I doubt he'd suit the role very well. Is passing that important for the DM's?

Looking for improvements on Sagna (getting old), Gibbs and Mertesacker (getting old too and that acceleration/pace is only going to get worse!) while I don't feel that Walcott and Podolski are the most productive wingers and I understand it's not their best positions but doubt they're good enough to start upfront in this system.

3. Has anyone tried converting this to a classic version? I know some tactics out there this year are working better in classic mode. It would be interesting if someone has the time to do this.

4. Just want to thank you for this amazing tactic! In my third season I'm 2nd in the championship with Bristol Rovers having won 8-1 vs Bolton and beating Arsenal on penalties being in front 3-0.

Also sorry 'bout the language.

5. i applied your tweaks, they do work! using this with AS Monaco, about 12 games in and i haven't lost!

6. The best plug-play tactic.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-serie-a_-vista-geral-fases.png

7. Quote Originally Posted by jameshorner135 View Post
    i applied your tweaks, they do work! using this with AS Monaco, about 12 games in and i haven't lost!
    What tweaks m8?

8. Quote Originally Posted by connors View Post
    Playing as Arsenal third season and this is my current line up:
    GK: Szczesny
    RB: Sagna
    LB: Gibbs
    CB: Mertesacker (despite his lack of pace gets amazing ratings)
    CB: Koscielny/Ashley Williams (from Swansea)
    DM: Fellaini (from Everton)
    DM: Vermaelen (retrained)/Garmash (D.Kiev)/Nkoulou (Marseille)
    RM: Walcott/The Ox/Wilshere
    LM: Wellington Nem (from Fluminense)/Podolski (re-trained)/Gervinho
    AF: Falcao
    CF: Giroud/Kweuke

Also have:
    GK: Fabianski
    Defenders: Jores Okore, Sokratis Papastathopoulos (re-trained RB/DM too), and Djourou.
    Midfielders: Ramsey (being re-trained DM), Lorenzo Crisetig (from Inter)
    Forwards: Lacina Traore (Anzhi)

Can anyone help me with any position advice? Like I'm trying to re-train Ramsey because he has great potential but I doubt he'd suit the role very well. Is passing that important for the DM's?

Looking for improvements on Sagna (getting old), Gibbs and Mertesacker (getting old too and that acceleration/pace is only going to get worse!) while I don't feel that Walcott and Podolski are the most productive wingers and I understand it's not their best positions but doubt they're good enough to start upfront in this system.
    Natural positions > retraining. And notice you need rounded players with good mental skills and technical. The tactic doesent relly so much on pace. Only phisical attribute i consider is Stamina because it sustains the work rate. High Stamina and work rate gives you consistency while defending and attacking. The DM's are the most exposed to Fatigue. Your wingers would work best if they are more defensive minded ( u can swithc them with Wing Backs against bigger teams). Up front u need a clinical finisher and a good passer as a 2nd striker(support) that can set up some nice plays for your target man. CB's work well as good old fashioned defenders with tackling marking and heading , decisions determination concentration . Positioning is usefull as well as work rate.

9. Quote Originally Posted by guidito5 View Post
    What tweaks m8?
    post #1369
    guidito5 likes this.

10. And what is the match preparation u use?

11. Quote Originally Posted by ado_shorty View Post
    And what is the match preparation u use?
    Def. pos. ALWAYS

12. What do you in difficult matches? Away games vs Juve or Inter ( I am Milan ). Do you change the mentality? I have tried to change it to standard or counter at the start of the games but do any of you do anything else?

13. dont change mentality, if u do that the whole tactic fails. use some more defensive wingers and increase your match prep to 50% (defensive position).

14. cool, I will try that. Usually I use Fischer / Robinho on the left and El Shaarawy / Boateng on the right. But should I try Nocerino left and maybe Lodi (bought and is DM + MR) on the right?

Do anyone else have some other good suggestions??

15. Hello, I've just started a new save with Milan, I was wondering if I should play Balotelli as a CF or AF, he's got the passing and finishing to be both, but his work rate and teamwork are a poor 12 and 10 respectively. He doesn't exactly fit into this tactic given the idea of it is to have hard-working players all around the pitch, but the guy is still pretty talented and he's just joined so I can't offload him straight away. Was also wondering where I should play El Shaarawy(ML/ML or CF/AF?)

I'm also struggling to find the right players for the ML/MR slots as they require an attacking wingback/defensive winger type of player(based on my understanding) So, any suggestions for them?(first season, using LFCMarshall's update from the 6th of July or something)

16. Quote Originally Posted by Arvind K View Post
    Hello, I've just started a new save with Milan, I was wondering if I should play Balotelli as a CF or AF, he's got the passing and finishing to be both, but his work rate and teamwork are a poor 12 and 10 respectively. He doesn't exactly fit into this tactic given the idea of it is to have hard-working players all around the pitch, but the guy is still pretty talented and he's just joined so I can't offload him straight away. Was also wondering where I should play El Shaarawy(ML/ML or CF/AF?)

I'm also struggling to find the right players for the ML/MR slots as they require an attacking wingback/defensive winger type of player(based on my understanding) So, any suggestions for them?(first season, using LFCMarshall's update from the 6th of July or something)
    I have retrained robinho to ML and Boateng to MR and bought Viktor Fischer from Ajax and use him on ML with Robinho. First choice on MR is Shaarawy and Boateng second choice. I use Balotelli as AF as that is his best position.

17. Do any of you change the mentality during the game? If for example your're leading 1-0 away against Juve, do you change it to counter or anything else? There is no reason to keep attacking mentality all the way during the game?

18. Hello sorry but i'm french ...

Which tactics use before game, keep ball ? long passe ? short passe ? play higher ? ..

ty

19. no shouts !

20. First, I would like to thank the author for sharing this fanstastic tactic. Started a new save with Swansea using the latest LFC Marshall's summer transfer update.

First season, I won the treble, reaching semifinals of Europa League. Second season, just a doube (FA and League), failed in Europe though. During those seasons didnt use any OI. By the start of the third season, I replaced my AM, with Mauro Tassotti, and took advantage of his attributes, using the OI. The results were even better.

I do have some player reccomedations for you all. The Skandinavian trio ( Drage, Holst and Strandberg) works really well, and is quite cheap to get. Bought Drage for 1 M, sold for 12 after 2 seasons. For the right wing, after first season I sold Routledge, Hernandez and Dyer for a combined 57 M. I brought in Younes Belhanda, works really well. Vladimir Weiss, too.
    On the left flank, Get Juan Sanchez Mino from Boca Juniors. He is excellent.

However, biggest surprise was signing Roderick Miranda on a free transfer. He is class. And also Franco di Santo, and put him in the AF role. As a sub, he scored 17 goals in 25 matches. Sold him for 11 Mi at the end of the season.

Once again, great tactic. Most effective Plug & Play tactic I have seen for FM13. Well done!

21. The tactic works it with the 13.3.3 patch?

22. i made my arrigo sacchi's tweak. thats the result so far. one game. i'll post some results later. I baptized her Christmas tree. If the tactic works I will post link

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-chelsea2.jpgArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-city-6x0.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-christmastree.jpg  

23. Hello everyone. Looking for some quick good advice. I am using this tactic and with pretty goodt results but am now in the late stages of the season and playing online with a friend who is Inter. I myself am Milan and the next few matches I have Inter (away) and semifinal Champions League against in-game league leaders Man City. What kind of players and mentality should I use for these matches? The Serie A is pretty tight and only top 3 get CL tickets. Juve are almost champs but myself, Inter, Napoli and Sampdoria are fighting for the last two spots. I have these line-ups in mind:

GK: Mandanda
    De Sciglio-Okore-Mexes-Abate
    De Jong or Flamini or Nocerino - Montolivo or Boateng
    Robinho or Nocerino or Fischer - El Shaarawy or Boateng or Francesco Lodi (bought from Catania and DM/MR/AMR) - ( Beckham though long shot and probably not in starting 11... )
    Niang - Balotelli or Helenius

Which players should I use?? The more defensive approach (is that recommended? ) is to use Nocerino on the left and Lodi on the right. They are more defensive oriented players and maybe Helenius instead of Balo where Helenius has better teamwork stats. What do you guys think??? Need help clinching top 3 and maybe win CL!
    Last edited by 124122; 19/07/2013 at 05:39 AM.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Louis Benoit View Post
    The tactic works it with the 13.3.3 patch?
    Yes, it does.

25. worked brilliant with Monaco, 29-7-1 in the league

26. Quote Originally Posted by 124122 View Post
    Hello everyone. Looking for some quick good advice. I am using this tactic and with pretty goodt results but am now in the late stages of the season and playing online with a friend who is Inter. I myself am Milan and the next few matches I have Inter (away) and semifinal Champions League against in-game league leaders Man City. What kind of players and mentality should I use for these matches? The Serie A is pretty tight and only top 3 get CL tickets. Juve are almost champs but myself, Inter, Napoli and Sampdoria are fighting for the last two spots. I have these line-ups in mind:

GK: Mandanda
    De Sciglio-Okore-Mexes-Abate
    De Jong or Flamini or Nocerino - Montolivo or Boateng
    Robinho or Nocerino or Fischer - El Shaarawy or Boateng or Francesco Lodi (bought from Catania and DM/MR/AMR) - ( Beckham though long shot and probably not in starting 11... )
    Niang - Balotelli or Helenius

Which players should I use?? The more defensive approach (is that recommended? ) is to use Nocerino on the left and Lodi on the right. They are more defensive oriented players and maybe Helenius instead of Balo where Helenius has better teamwork stats. What do you guys think??? Need help clinching top 3 and maybe win CL!
    Imho, for the away games playing as underdog, just put your more defensive wingers. Keep the tactic as it is. Make sure your DCR is your tallest player, good heading, jumping, anticipation and composure attributes. All my strikers have +13 workrate and teamwork. Hope this helps
    124122 likes this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by maurinhorebelo View Post
    i made my arrigo sacchi's tweak. thats the result so far. one game. i'll post some results later. I baptized her Christmas tree. If the tactic works I will post link

Attachment 369090Attachment 369093
    Hey mate, i think that you should really post this tweak tactic on the Arrigo sacchi's tweak thread !

28. This tactic id for the latest patch?

29. Hi all,

Hope everyone's still getting the same joy out of this tactic as I am. My most recent save has been with Barry Town:

2012/13: Holiday Season (Barry Promoted to Welsh Prem)
    2013/14: Won Welsh League
    2014/15: Qualified for Champs League, 3rd in Group Stage and Europa League Winners!
    2015/16: Qualified for Champs League, 3rd in Group Stage and Europe League Winners!
    2016/17: 4th in CL Group Stage
    2017/18: Won the Champions League!!!!!
    2018/19: Club World Champs, Champions League Semis
    2019/20: Current Season

I also took over the Welsh national team in 2016 and won the 2018 World Cup!

There is no need to change anything in the tactic, only the personnel. Keep training the same as the original post and don't change the mentality.
    jukilo likes this.

30. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Hi all,

Hope everyone's still getting the same joy out of this tactic as I am. My most recent save has been with Barry Town:

2012/13: Holiday Season (Barry Promoted to Welsh Prem)
    2013/14: Won Welsh League
    2014/15: Qualified for Champs League, 3rd in Group Stage and Europa League Winners!
    2015/16: Qualified for Champs League, 3rd in Group Stage and Europe League Winners!
    2016/17: 4th in CL Group Stage
    2017/18: Won the Champions League!!!!!
    2018/19: Club World Champs, Champions League Semis
    2019/20: Current Season

I also took over the Welsh national team in 2016 and won the 2018 World Cup!

There is no need to change anything in the tactic, only the personnel. Keep training the same as the original post and don't change the mentality.
    he back thoght you was dead how the hell did you win the cl with barry in only 6season?

31. Huge increases in reputation from overachieving in the Europa League allowed me to get in some good loan signings for no wages, a few good regens and a core of Welsh international players.

Got this tactic and team-building down to a tee now, only need an average team with the right atts in the right places to achieve great success

32. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Huge increases in reputation from overachieving in the Europa League allowed me to get in some good loan signings for no wages, a few good regens and a core of Welsh international players.

Got this tactic and team-building down to a tee now, only need an average team with the right atts in the right places to achieve great success
    care to share?

33. Will post up some screenshots at some point over the weekend.

34. nice so where have you been if you dont mind me asking?

35. Just had a bit of a break from FM for a while as I was busy coaching, then loaded it up last week. Hooked again
    jukilo likes this.

36. well its good to see you back

37. I had a save with Manchester United using this tactic and both my strikers(Rooney and Hernandez) were prolific, especially Rooney, and Valencia was quite incredible as well. However, I have since lost the save and I had attempts with Napoli, Milan, Roma and even Arsenal but I just do not seem to get the results like I did with United. (In the Arsenal save, I had Jovetic, Cavani and Soldado and none of them scored a goal until the sixth or seventh league game.) The strikers just cannot score goals and the wingers often get 6.5 and below ratings. I don't know what's gone wrong(using the original tactic), any suggestions?
    Last edited by Arvind K; 20/07/2013 at 05:10 PM.

38. Cheers! My plan is to turn the Welsh League into the most prestigious league in the world so I feel it's going to take me a while. Club Reputations are up to National for a few and Bangor, TNS and Haverfordwest all pro now, but the league reputation up to league 1 standard.

39. Quote Originally Posted by Arvind K View Post
    I had a save with Manchester United using this tactic and both my strikers(Rooney and Hernandez) were prolific, especially Rooney, and Valencia was quite incredible as well. However, I have since lost the save and I had attempts with Napoli, Milan, Roma and even Arsenal but I just do not seem to get the results like I did with United. (In the Arsenal save, I had Jovetic, Cavani and Soldado and none of them scored a goal until the sixth or seventh league game.) The strikers just cannot score goals and the wingers often get 6.5 and below ratings. I don't know what's gone wrong(using the original tactic), any suggestions?
    It seems like your strikers don't seem to be getting the service they require. If i'm struggling to create chances I often switch to Attacking Movement in training for a few games, and of course shuffle the front four around a bit.

40. do you still play your san marino save?

41. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    do you still play your san marino save?
    I haven't played it in a while - will probably end up back at it some time.

42. Hi Seanhrfc,
    first of all thank you for a great tactic all the way from Copenhagen Denmark :-) Have a difficult away game against Inter and two matches against Man City. Should I put my defensive wingers on??

43. nice!!! Won 2-0 away against Inter and through to teh CL final after penalty shootout win against Man City!!

44. Quote Originally Posted by 124122 View Post
    nice!!! Won 2-0 away against Inter and through to teh CL final after penalty shootout win against Man City!!
    Congrats. Yes its all about the combinations. I always have two sets of MR/L, attack minded ones and more defensive ones. Also I have the same system for the DMs. In tough away games the more defensive players play.

45. is there a player filter for this tactic to download? one on op didnt work?

46. For some reason I am unable to edit the OP. A few pages back someone posted a link for one I think.

47. ok ill have a look. ty

48. Page 137. Post 1361 for the player filter download if anyone's interested

49. Yeah baby, CL trophy in the bag with 2-1 win against Real!!!

50. Quote Originally Posted by 124122 View Post
    Yeah baby, CL trophy in the bag with 2-1 win against Real!!!
    is this with milan? is it the first season and well done

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO