Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. any young complete forwards to recomend?

2. yes, so important. ended 4th and need the CL to enter next years CL

3. Awful news. My laptop crashed and in doing so it managed to delete all of my save games alongside other things. I have lost everything

4. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Awful news. My laptop crashed and in doing so it managed to delete all of my save games alongside other things. I have lost everything
    wow.... that sucks....

5. I have to say I have tested many tactics and for me personally this is the best. I won the Danish Prem within 2 seasons and the Euro cup the following season (with Randers FC). I was then given the Ajax job. So far I have rebuilt the team and I am still in control of the league and doing well in the Euro Cup.

Great Tactic

6. Quote Originally Posted by iAbyss View Post
    dont change mentality, if u do that the whole tactic fails. use some more defensive wingers and increase your match prep to 50% (defensive position).
    What would you class as defensive wingers?

7. Quote Originally Posted by whiteij7544 View Post
    What would you class as defensive wingers?
    Guys like Christian Maggio(Italy & Napoli) or Kwadwo Asamoah(Juventus) and Maicon(Roma) would be an ideal 'defensive winger'. By defensive wingers you're basically looking for some really attacking wingbacks. Andre Ayew(Marseille) is a pretty decent choice for it in game as well imo.

8. I was on this thread a while back and mentioned I had problems with this tactic on my saves with Roma and Napoli, although I did enjoy success with Manchester United. I came back to England and tried it again with Tottenham, and this was the result of my third friendly against the mighty Real Madrid.

As you can see, we completely demolished them, created EIGHT clear cut chances as well as a few half chances, but due to some poor finishing and some great goalkeeping by Casillas and Lopez, we only managed to score four. Vertonghen and Dawson shut down Ronaldo completely and Real scored their goals late on because I decided to sub my CBs to avoid injuries.

I think the reason I struggled in Italy is because most teams there play a 3-5-2 which is one the obvious counter formations to a 4-4-2(along with a 4-3-3 perhaps). I think I have seen people doing well in Italy with this tactic though, did you guys make any changes to it?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Arvind K View Post
    Guys like Christian Maggio(Italy & Napoli) or Kwadwo Asamoah(Juventus) and Maicon(Roma) would be an ideal 'defensive winger'. By defensive wingers you're basically looking for some really attacking wingbacks. Andre Ayew(Marseille) is a pretty decent choice for it in game as well imo.
    Thanks for that, I hadn't thought of wing-backs.

10. Will this tactic work better with defensive wingers then? Or do we base it on a game to game basis on the type of wingers we use?
    Thanks in advance.

11. Quote Originally Posted by LukeGame View Post
    Will this tactic work better with defensive wingers then? Or do we base it on a game to game basis on the type of wingers we use?
    Thanks in advance.
    I have made two different line-ups: One with attacking wings (El-Shaarawy and Fischer) and one with more defensive wings (Coentráo and Lodi). Use the attacking in home games and easy away and the defensive one against more difficult opponents. This works great for me and won against Real Madrid in the CL final where I was drawn as away team

12. Thanks buddy will give this a go

13. Quote Originally Posted by LukeGame View Post
    Thanks buddy will give this a go
    No probs, let me know how it works out :-)

14. Very happy with this on my new save, just won the Bundesliga with Freiburg in the 1st season

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-sc-freiburg_-squad-players.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-freiburg_-transfers-history.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-german-first-division_-overview-stages.png

I highly recommend both Helenius and Vossen, not had either before. Both very affordable, Vossen was 2.5m up front and 2.5m over 48 months in January and his goals won us the title. Of course Strandberg class as always, Check out Ginter, Schuster and Diagne too, not sure how much they'd cost.

15. Thanks for the great tactic, I specially enjoy the time you've spent on explaining all the details and background to this!

I'm one of those who really don't know anything about football tactics, just happen to enjoy good manager game every now and then, so I've been a bit puzzled how to go about in FM 2013.

I started my season with Hatfield Town in South Midlands Premier Division just for the fun of it, using a mod to enable those lower teams. Initially my team was completely full of "temporary" players (you know, those greyed out dudes). I put this tactic in use and hired some great players and started to roll.. and what a run has it been.

I'm just above 1/3rd of the season and after some initial friendly match defeats I've only lost my first official match so far, leading the league with 11 wins, 4 draws,1 loss and 5 points difference to the 2nd team.

Currently I'm thinking that most of the success can be credited to the tactic and far superior players, so I'm kind of nervous going onwards.

So, I have a question about this..

Is there some ways to easily and sensibly turn this into more defensive formation in a long run? Is there sense to just change strategy to defensive and leave everything else same as before, or should I try and figure out a secondary tactic?
    So far just setting defensive it has worked, but then again, it seems that the team is just far superior right now. .
    Currently my team is very akward with this tactic, and since it's amateur league, there seems to be very little what I can do to change that. They're quite akward towards every other tactic too so I'm guessing that's standard in this level of league.

Here's a video of my latest and most superior victory so far, I like how the little guys play

FM 2013 - Hatfield Town 5-0 Hertford Town - Match Highlights - YouTube

Anyways, I really appreciate this tactic, just letting you know that! I hope you recover from your laptop disaster!

16. Used this tactic 1st season with Southampton and I'm very pleased and impressed

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-southampton_-transfers-history.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.png

As post before said, Helenius and Strandberg are excellent buys and had great seasons for me

Thanks for tactic
    seanhrfc likes this.

17. Quote Originally Posted by LukeGame View Post
    Used this tactic 1st season with Southampton and I'm very pleased and impressed

Attachment 370261 Attachment 370262

As post before said, Helenius and Strandberg are excellent buys and had great seasons for me

Thanks for tactic
    Nice work there, push for that title next season with the right signings!

18. hi seanvrfc

1. waht team talks do you use ?
    2. hiw you motivate players ? your method ?
    3. training schedule you use overall and individual
    4. what about opp instruction its better if ass manager handle them ?

i am not concedings goals with barrow team season 2014-2015 with this tactic only one lost within 25 games incredbile just i want some more tips so i can better my performance thnks friend

19. seanhrc only you can help me my team has not won in these 5 games how cna i boost the team to start winning please help

20. Does this still work with underdogs in current patch? For example with Reading or QPR in the EPL.

21. It works with underdogs
    Last edited by LukeGame; 23/07/2013 at 08:31 PM.

22. I came 3rd with Southampton, I would consider them underdogs. I only spent 12M.

23. Who would be the ultimate team with this formation? Any one have an amazing line up using this tactic already?

24. one question in my mind - how long this will last

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-everton_-fixtures-schedule.png
    mouldy7890 likes this.

25. Player Filter link is dead. Anyone have an alternate one?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Skiper View Post
    one question in my mind - how long this will last

Attachment 370521
    well if you keep your players fit and happy who knows but some awsome results

27. Quote Originally Posted by LukeGame View Post
    Who would be the ultimate team with this formation? Any one have an amazing line up using this tactic already?
    well this is my teamArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-juventus_-tactics-overview-2.png

28. Hi i play chelsea i should always training DEF possition? On this tactic is very important training DEF possition?
    Sry for my bad english and my questions im total amtour

29. Using this tactic with Southampton.

Season 1.

Capital One Cup - Quarter Final
    FA Cup - 5th Round
    Premier League - 3rd

Season 2.

Capital One Cup - Semi - Final
    FA Cup - 4th Round
    Premier League - 1st
    Champions League - Semi - Final.

Very good tactic

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.png

30. Its quite long so here is a bullet point summary

- started in July 2042
    - used liverpool, they were in the championship division, value of the club was around $60m
    - 2.5 season later I am currently placed 4th in premiership
    - after tactics are fluid, using 'team cohesion' instead of 'balance' and using 'teamwork' instead of 'def positioning' was the best and only tweak I have made. - CANNOT RECCOMEND THIS CHANGE MORE.

Ive been searching through a lot of tactics and tried a quite a few but this tactic is by far the best out of all of them!

Im not sure how to post screenshots so you are just going to have to deal with a whole bunch of words.

I used a save I found online where someone has simulated the game so you start in July 2042. This means that there are no 'starting players' and there are big changes in which clubs are in what division e.g. Everton where in league one and Liverpool had been in the championship for 3 seasons and the clubs value had shrunk to just over $60m!!!

Liverpool being my favourite team, I could help but take up the challenge of getting them back to the top.

In the first season, I used Mr Hough & Mr Lang... tactic but it wasnt really working out for me. By december I was placed 5th and my predicted league place was 2nd. I switched to this tactic, got the tactic fluid, and managed to gain automatic promotion to the premiership by placing second. I was happy with the tactic, but I just felt it could deliver more.

in the next season, I was predicted to get relegated by placing 18th. I finished 12th which I was more than happy with but when I would watch the goals, there were just stupid errors that I was conceding through, and in the last 1/4 of the season, my team just werent creating chances and my form had fallen dramatically.

in the next season, I figured that I would get my team to focus on teamwork and how they play together in order to fix my chance creation issue and the stupid goals I was conceding. I only bought players with high teamwork, work rate, stamina, decisions, and composure as the first post said, I then got the tactic fluid, and I then switched to the recommended training, but instead of focusing on 'balance' I am using 'team cohesion' and instead of using 'defensive positioning', im using 'teamwork'. I am currently in January, in 4th position (predicted to finish 12th), won the 1st leg of the capital one cup semi by 3 goals so im fairly certain I will be in the final, and I have a striker who is the top scorer, and a person with the most assists!

31. LFCPeardude's Avatar LFCPeardude
    Reserve
    Just have to say that this is one of the best tactics that i have ever try and i just wanted to show you what success i got with it!! Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2.-divisjon_-oversikt-runde.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-3.-divisjon_-oversikt-runde.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-aachen_-historie-turneringer.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tsv-alemannia-aachen_-kampoppsett-kalender.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tsv-alemannia-aachen_-kampoppsett-kalender-2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tsv-alemannia-aachen_-kampoppsett-kalender-3.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tsv-alemannia-aachen_-kampoppsett-kalender-4.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tsv-alemannia-aachen_-kampoppsett-kalender-5.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tsv-alemannia-aachen_-kampoppsett-kalender-6.png

32. This is by far the best tactic I have used in FM13!

In my third season with Juventus and have won every competition I have been in so far. Currently on a 90 game unbeaten streak!!

The only problems I've had is red cards. Usually get about 5-10 a season mostly from the DMC. The corner set up is amazing. The first two season my CD scored over 20 a season however this season I'm hardly scoring from corners. Anyone know why this would be?

33. FABULOUS !!! I used this tactic in my FC Steaua Bucharest save an in the second season I had this result: Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-steaua-v-man-city_-overview-overview.png
    MADNESS !!!!!!!! The best tactic for FM 2013! Congratulations!!!Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-fc-steaua-bucharest_-fixtures-schedule-4.png

34. FABULOUS !!! I used this tactic in my FC Steaua Bucharest save an in the second season I had this result:
    MADNESS !!!!!!!! The best tactic for FM 2013! Congratulations!!!

You play tacitc in OP ? Or some tweak ?

35. I'm not finding any great success with this tactic.
    Im in in my second season with Monaco. We are currently in 13th in Ligue 1 in February 2014.

I am conceding goals too frequently, often in the first 10 minutes of a game.
    I do not score many goals, and when I do it is from corners or crosses from the wings.
    Even though it is only my first season in Ligue 1 I think that I can finish in the top 8/9.
    It is so frustrating that everybody else is doing so well with this tactic and I can't get it to work.
    ANY ADVICE WILL BE HELPFUL. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO GET THE SEASON BACK ON TRACK

36. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-screen-shot-2013-07-28-22.22.38.pngHere are my under-achievers

37. can you make a tactic for home games and against weak teams? more attacking.
    this tactic is amazing. but there are a few problem in some home games.
    thanks a lot for this tactic bro. i tried this tactic all my career. (Trabzonspor, wolves, arsenal, deportivo, napoli, hannover, liverpool, notts for. ...)

38. This is easily the best tactic I have come across ever. I was struggling mid table halfway through the season with my southampton side when I started using it. Ended up with 4th and a final in the europa league which I unfortunately lost. Continuing on next season my team had mastered the tactic and won the premier league and the champions league
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-firsthalfseason.png

Continuing on next season my team had mastered the tactic and won the premier league and the champions league
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leaguewin1.png

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-champions-leagueseasontwo.png

Last season I dominated in the premier league, got knocked out by Real Madrid in the first knockout round in the champions league though.
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-leaguewin2.png

My Team consisted of mostly young regens, stat wise the team should have struggled to maintain top 6.
    I never changed anything with the tactic, I always used it no matter if I was the underdog or it was home or away. I never used any shouts. Training was heavy balanced with match training 30% def positioning, but I also had some periods with defending set pieces as I struggled a bit with that.
    I noticed that you really need to have at least 4 DM's, they are the main workhorses of your team and they just run up and down the pitch non stop, breaking up attacks and helping your attacking players when needed, also scoring the occasional goal.

Thanks a lot for the tactic, it's been amazing so far and I'm looking forward to trying it in some other leagues.
    Last edited by klofer; 29/07/2013 at 05:49 PM.
    mouldy7890 likes this.

39. Season 2014-2015 with this tactic:Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-steaua-v-fc-bayern_-overview-overview.png again the UCL Final !!! But I lost again !!!Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-steaua-v-fc-bayern_-analysis-formations.png
    I hope in the next season I'll win that UCL.... This are my transfers:Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-steaua_-transfers-history.png
    I'm invincible in the Romanian League so i'll post only the UCL fixtures: Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-fc-steaua-bucharest_-fixtures-schedule-ucl.png

40. I don't understand the question... be more specific...

41. Using tactic with Ajax.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-ajax_-transfers-history.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-afc-ajax_-tactics-overview.png
    First game was Dutch Super Cup 1-1 and then won on Pen's against PSV.

This was my first league game

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-ajax-v-rkc_-overview-overview.png Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-ajax-v-rkc_-stats-match-stats.png

See how the rest of my season go's

42. Quote Originally Posted by fatpeoplefloat View Post
    I'm not finding any great success with this tactic.
    Im in in my second season with Monaco. We are currently in 13th in Ligue 1 in February 2014.

I am conceding goals too frequently, often in the first 10 minutes of a game.
    I do not score many goals, and when I do it is from corners or crosses from the wings.
    Even though it is only my first season in Ligue 1 I think that I can finish in the top 8/9.
    It is so frustrating that everybody else is doing so well with this tactic and I can't get it to work.
    ANY ADVICE WILL BE HELPFUL. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO GET THE SEASON BACK ON TRACK
    Think you should use more defensive wingers with a high work rate and teamwork and perhaps some okay defensive attributes. Perhaps some wingbacks who also can play wingers. This would make the tactic more solid. Try it and get back to me :-)

43. Loving the tactic. Finished 2nd in the first season with Liverpool and then done the double in my second season and making it to the semi-final of the Champions League. Bought Koke and Bedner for my two centre mids and they have been a great pairing when both fit. Koke gets injured a lot
    jukilo likes this.

44. That's effectivity!! 5 ccc 6 goals !!
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-2013-08-03_00003.jpg

45. Start a new season in Ligue 2 with FC Nantes.

> no money (two players on loan, Villalva (FC) and Poujol (DM))

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-capture-d-e-cran-2013-08-04-16.00.01.png

very effective ! thanks !

Poor results in Coupe de la Ligue (2 draw, defeat in penalty against D3)

But winner of the French Cup !
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-capture-d-e-cran-2013-08-04-16.00.49.png

46. This works on the latest patch?

47. Quote Originally Posted by steveneales View Post
    This works on the latest patch?
    yes

48. I'm currently working on a different type of tactic, tiki-taka, with Genk. It's going well but nowhere near as effective as the Sacchi. Wanted a new philosophy though

49. I'm Liverpool, plugged in this tactic and first game was v Norwich at Anfield. Lost 2-0, they had 5 shots on target to my 3. They had 58% possession. Teething issues I hope.

50. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    I'm currently working on a different type of tactic, tiki-taka, with Genk. It's going well but nowhere near as effective as the Sacchi. Wanted a new philosophy though
    will you be making a new thread for it?

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO