Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Looking good, so far 20 wins 6 draws and 2 losses with the tactic, and it was plugged mid-season so I guess its only just getting fluid. Best of luck and you can still win the league for sure!
    Thanks. I hope we can manage to bring home the title! FA cup is also other priority. Europe League... We'll see. It's most to rotate the players, because the focus is on the other titles.

Two tips that I use:
    - One is yours. Against the big ones, away or at home, I ALWAYS play the more defensive players. For example, the wingers are always Downing (what a nice surprise this lad) and Henderson. They do a superb job. Work a lot and provide some good work in the offensive part. In the DM's, when they are available, ALWAYS play Gerrard and Lucas in those games. They complement each other perfectly in this tactic;
    - The other tip is pay a little more attention to PPM's. For example never play together Allen and Gerrard. They have both the "get forward whenever possible" PPM. I train Borini and Sturridge with some PPM that I think it's good for this tactic (run with ball through the middle, beat the offside trap, etc).

I'm looking forward to try this in other clubs. Specially in "my" Benfica or at Spain

2. Not bad

seanhrfc likes this.

3. Nope, not bad. But you could do better. If you could manage to win the title without defeats...
    Haha, kidding. Great job mate!

4. seanhrfc can you tell me who was your AM for San Marino in first season?

5. Quote Originally Posted by joker1234 View Post
    seanhrfc can you tell me who was your AM for San Marino in first season?
    It was Gilson Granzotto, who is now my reserves manager! Will have to replace him soon though as he's only there through sentiment.

I am off to the football, Cambridge United vs Luton. Not much to play for bar pride but there's a lot of pride in beating Luton!

6. This tactic is a beast, only signed Victor Wanyama on my Southampton save to play with Morgan Scheiderlin as my DM. Finished 3rd placing on my first season, which gives me a spot in the champions league. Defense wise, its quite solid. The only thing I don't follow from the OP is to set OI. Other than that, I think team talks makes a big difference for me.

Great job, seanhrfc!
    seanhrfc likes this.

7. The next best thing in FM13 after mw, that is not working for me anymore!!! Great job mate!!!
    seanhrfc likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by keles78 View Post
    I comolete my first season with besiktas. I won the league and turkish cup.
    Attachment 324624

And now my second seasons transfers. I think first season squad isn't good for this tactic but now I think my squad is very strong

Attachment 324626

And this is new season's first match türkish super cup
    Attachment 324627

My team create 5 CCC it is amazing.
    Good stuff, another title winner in the first season and that's a lot of transfer activity!

9. Quote Originally Posted by wixta79 View Post
    so is it worth getting rid of any central mids that cant tackle?
    This depends, are they able to play in DM or be trained there? They could be useful attacking players to bring on if you're losing the game.

10. I'm currently on a 4 match run of winning 5-0! Really enjoying my San Marino save.

11. What do you do for team talks M8

12. You Filters is Crazy, i Search Only 3 Players...

13. Quote Originally Posted by Warson View Post
    You Filters is Crazy, i Search Only 3 Players...
    Just move them down to until you find more

14. Quote Originally Posted by jasonbhoys View Post
    What do you do for team talks M8
    The following are general guidelines:

Against similar ability/marginly better teams - (Assertive/Passionate) Go out there and impress me.
    Against weaker teams (Assertive/Aggressive) I expect a result
    Against much stronger teams (Calm) Go out there and relax, the result will come.

Then defence / midfield / attack individual instructions - I have faith (Assertive/Passionate).

That's the general gist, but there are much better team talk guidelines out there that have great advice such as:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/footb...-reaction.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by Warson View Post
    You Filters is Crazy, i Search Only 3 Players...
    Who are you playing as? You can adjust them down (12/13/14) or look for say 6 out of 8 attributes. Common sense really, in an ideal world they'll all be 15+ but very few players will have that. Even less so if you only have realistic transfers showing.

16. ok im trying

17. What an amazing tactic! I like that fact that it doesn't have to play amazing Football to win. The defence is pretty solid and so is that attack. I used it with Swansea in my second season, I put it in at March, and managed to finish 8th. (I was 11th before putting it in). Looking for a new save now, could anyone suggest me any teams?
    seanhrfc and jukilo like this.

18. Going to start a San Marino save and use this tactic. Will report back

19. Quote Originally Posted by EllisFMAFC View Post
    What an amazing tactic! I like that fact that it doesn't have to play amazing Football to win. The defence is pretty solid and so is that attack. I used it with Swansea in my second season, I put it in at March, and managed to finish 8th. (I was 11th before putting it in). Looking for a new save now, could anyone suggest me any teams?
    What level are you thinking? Lower-leagues? Underdog? Or a bigger team?

20. Quote Originally Posted by W4NKER View Post
    Going to start a San Marino save and use this tactic. Will report back
    Best of luck.

21. Got a team mate - Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-untitled.png

What an amazing win. We are predicted to finish 18th in the league. I have signed nobody as I just don't have the funds or Wage Budget. I can't see myself doing more than one season with this team, though. So if you could suggest a team(s) to me, I would appreciate. I don't mind which, just not *Big* teams.

22. Bastia could be interesting, try to make them bigger than PSG? I will have a think about it....any country preferences?

23. As long as it's in Europe I don't mind, if I enjoy the save, I will try and make them bigger than PSG. One thing: As I have not used it for a full season yet, do you get many "Mid-Season slumps" with this? If so, how to prevent them?

24. I haven't had any mid-season slumps, but generally if i have even a couple of bad results together, I will have a team meeting. Also make sure the team talks are kept fresh. I've found I generally end my season strong.

25. Another quality result! Is there a chance I could add you on Steam? If you do, inbox me?Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-untitled.png

26. Quote Originally Posted by EllisFMAFC View Post
    Another quality result! Is there a chance I could add you on Steam? If you do, inbox me?Attachment 324896
    You more than welcome to add me but I don't really use it that often, I'm on here a lot more!

27. I have only gone and beaten PSG 1-0!
    seanhrfc likes this.

28. I think this deserves a spot in the OP? . Only kidding, but what a result! Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-untitled.png

29. You're loving a 1-0 win at the moment

30. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    You're loving a 1-0 win at the moment
    how can you not love a 1-0 win its more than im geting at the mo

31. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    how can you not love a 1-0 win its more than im geting at the mo
    Are you struggling at the moment? I do love a 1-0 win, in fact anything-0. Hate conceding goals.

32. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Are you struggling at the moment? I do love a 1-0 win, in fact anything-0. Hate conceding goals.
    yes im struggling big time with my guernsey save at the to think im going down nothing to do with this tac more like i dont have the player for it and i may just be shit

33. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    yes im struggling big time with my guernsey save at the to think im going down nothing to do with this tac more like i dont have the player for it and i may just be shit
    What league are you in? What's your line up? Are you amateur/semi-pro?

34. Just beat OGC Nice 1-0, away! Another 1-0
    seanhrfc and kitchin75 like this.

35. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    What league are you in? What's your line up? Are you amateur/semi-pro?
    im in the blue square prem im pro and the team is made up of players from youth intakes as im trying not to buy any 1 trying to make it big with my youth

36. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    im in the blue square prem im pro and the team is made up of players from youth intakes as im trying not to buy any 1 trying to make it big with my youth
    Ahh this will be why, at the moment your youth intakes will still be poor, whats your facilities/junior coaching etc like? Not to mention it'll be tough to have the right players in to fit the system.

37. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Ahh this will be why, at the moment your youth intakes will still be poor, whats your facilities/junior coaching etc like? Not to mention it'll be tough to have the right players in to fit the system.
    junior coaching is good rest is basic or just a little bit better

38. Are you still a low reputation for the league? Its going to take seasons to start bringing players through that can compete in BSP upwards.

39. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Are you still a low reputation for the league? Its going to take seasons to start bringing players through that can compete in BSP upwards.
    how do i find that out

40. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    how do i find that out
    Should be able to go to nation then club and sort by reputation i think.

41. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Should be able to go to nation then club and sort by reputation i think.
    it say local

42. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    it say local
    Is there not a list? Will give you an indication of where your rep lies within your league which will affect your youth intake a lot!

43. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Is there not a list? Will give you an indication of where your rep lies within your league which will affect your youth intake a lot!
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-italy_-untitled-clubs.png

This one

44. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    im23rd in the list for the bsp

45. So really it's going to be a struggle when you're relying on using youth players only. Just not getting relegated will be an improvement and hopefully gradually you'll get better regens.

46. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    So really it's going to be a struggle when you're relying on using youth players only. Just not getting relegated will be an improvement and hopefully gradually you'll get better regens.
    so what do you think the best plan would be

47. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    so what do you think the best plan would be
    First off, do you think the players are good enough and have the attributes for that level to give this tactic a go?

48. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    First off, do you think the players are good enough and have the attributes for that level to give this tactic a go?
    well i have download the filters from your op so ill see

49. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    well i have download the filters from your op so ill see
    Its more of a question of whether they can perform the defensive roles in the tactic, as they are very demanding!

50. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Its more of a question of whether they can perform the defensive roles in the tactic, as they are very demanding!
    well ill stick with it if i go down i go down no big deal

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO