Like Tree512Likes

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

1. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Is that using this tactic as well? This tactic seems to do great with Prem League Underdogs for sure - Swansea, Wigan, Reading all got champions league football / title wins / multiple trophies in the first 2 seasons!
    Yeah mate, used it from as soon as I took over!

2. Quote Originally Posted by ZeCarlos View Post
    Yeah mate, used it from as soon as I took over!
    Incredible turn-around there, from worst in the league to champions league football and double cup win!
    ZeCarlos likes this.

3. just a quick update with my rangers save p16 w12 d2 l2 f59 a11 thats in all comp so far so good
    seanhrfc likes this.

4. I'm in the process of compiling a list of recommended players for the latest patch. Will be aimed at mid-lower table Premier division sides, anybody who has been using the tactic and have recommendations please post in this thread and I can add them.

5. I am playing with spurs as I told before, played 22 league games 16w 5d 1l, I am in the curling final, doing great in europa league!!! Bought Wanyama for back up, but he is by far the best player so far, absolute beast with much better rating than Bale, Kaboul, Jovetic, Nem, Defoe, Santon, Walker who also play great!!! So without a doubt he MUST be in that list!!! Love this tactic, will post screenshots when season is over, but this will take a while cause I am working many ours and have to spend and some time with wife, so unfortunately I have only 1 to 3 hours a day for the game!!!
    jukilo likes this.

6. Hello , this is the best freaking tactic out there. Thank You.
    I wanted to share this pics with you all, Im playing with the Swedish team Malmö FF (Ibrahimovic's first team) and im enjoying it quite well. As most of you guys know the Swedish League "Allsvenskan" isn't quite famous. That's why I got really happy for beating teams like Juventus, AZ Alkmaar, Spartak Moskva And Mönchengladbach.

Here's some pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-tactics.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-season1-games1.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-season1-games2.png  

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-result.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-result2.png   Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-result3.png  

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-results.png  
    seanhrfc and jukilo like this.

7. And there we have our third trophy with Swansea!

seanhrfc and jukilo like this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by redtide View Post
    And there we have our third trophy with Swansea!

very nice well done

9. The opening page has been updated with player recommendations, let me know what you think. Cheers for the great feedback on the tactic guys.

10. Hey Seanhrfc,

Are you still using OI's like suggested in the first page. I'm not one for silly Q's but just thought i'd ask?

11. Quote Originally Posted by ruudvanwarren View Post
    Hey Seanhrfc,

Are you still using OI's like suggested in the first page. I'm not one for silly Q's but just thought i'd ask?
    Yes I am, though I have a class AM and he generally gets it right so I leave him to it. If you're wary of your AM, I'd set it up yourself.

12. Cheers bro...congrats on the great tactic! Your results are truely amazing...

13. Cheers, lets hope there's not a new game engine patch out for a while :p

14. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Cheers, lets hope there's not a new game engine patch out for a while :p
    there wont be si said there is not going to be another

15. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    there wont be si said there is not going to be another
    Yeeaaasssss!!! That suit's me. Had to change tactics every patch, now I can keep some consistency and look to develop it further.
    thfc_09 likes this.

16. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Yeeaaasssss!!! That suit's me. Had to change tactics every patch, now I can keep some consistency and look to develop it further.
    dont know how you can this tac is epic

17. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    dont know how you can this tac is epic
    Not going to be making any changes at the moment that's for sure.

18. Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-san-marino-v-sampdoria_-stats-match-stats.png

9-1, 8CCC, 10 half chances! Had a couple of 8-1s before and this now tops it!

19. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Attachment 325614

9-1, 8CCC, 10 half chances! Had a couple of 8-1s before and this now tops it!
    this so makes me want to start my sanmarino save dame this tac is fucking epic

20. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    this so makes me want to start my sanmarino save dame this tac is fucking epic
    Go for it

21. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Go for it
    got to get my rangers team into the spl first then see what save i will do next

22. Champions League Winners with Rangers? Now that would be pretty good.

23. Gunna attempt to use this on an old Portsmouth save that's about 10 games in. Should be the ultimate test!

Also Sean I tok over at Chelsea on my Wigan save just for fun and its smashing every team.
    seanhrfc likes this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Champions League Winners with Rangers? Now that would be pretty good.
    it would got to get to the spl first was in jan2015 21points clear then my pc turned itself off so reload the save now im in sept2014 and only 2 points clear will have to save after every game now bloody pc

25. Quote Originally Posted by Danhimself1707 View Post
    Gunna attempt to use this on an old Portsmouth save that's about 10 games in. Should be the ultimate test!

Also Sean I tok over at Chelsea on my Wigan save just for fun and its smashing every team.
    I'm starting to think that this tactic could win the league with any team, providing they have a reasonable basis for it. Thought of giving it a go with Barca or Real :p

26. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    it would got to get to the spl first was in jan2015 21points clear then my pc turned itself off so reload the save now im in sept2014 and only 2 points clear will have to save after every game now bloody pc
    I have mine automatically save every two weeks as there's nothing more frustrating than losing hours of play time!

27. Great tactic mate, I've just try it with Man City (with some change in corner as I always did for all tactics) and the first 3 matches was dominated!
    Have you ever change your ML/MR to AMR/AML? I could change it myself but I think you've got experience in this topic

28. Quote Originally Posted by johnnytran View Post
    Great tactic mate, I've just try it with Man City (with some change in corner as I always did for all tactics) and the first 3 matches was dominated!
    Have you ever change your ML/MR to AMR/AML? I could change it myself but I think you've got experience in this topic
    Cheers, this should do very well with city! The only time i've ever changed them to AM is when i've struggled to score in a game, and i push the DMs to MC as DLP(s) and CM. I never start with it, the idea is to keep all the units close together.

29. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    I'm starting to think that this tactic could win the league with any team, providing they have a reasonable basis for it. Thought of giving it a go with Barca or Real :p
    but where would you play all the worls class cm and am that both teams have

30. just tryed it with my man city save for 3 games you got to love a 1-0 win
    seanhrfc likes this.

31. Quote Originally Posted by kitchin75 View Post
    but where would you play all the worls class cm and am that both teams have
    Re-train them to DM, M R/L or ST. If they don't fit in there, sell them and bring in someone who does.

32. I'm going to play my international games vs Kazakhstan and Wales then I may give Barca a quick go!

33. I may already have a sick team for Arsenal already: Szczesny; Sagna, Vermaelen, Dede, Digne; Romulo, Kara; Wilshere, Gotze; Damiao, Dybala. Romulo and Kara as the two DM's. Wilshere and Gotze as the ML and MR. I Beat Chelsea 4-0. I also won the Community Shield (Vermaelen got sent off on the 27th second) I subbed the AF and moved the striker as ONE CF and subbed on a CB and still beat City 2-0. I also won the Euro Super Cup. I will provide screenshots tomorrow when I am on my computer
    seanhrfc likes this.

34. Having a little test with Barcelona. First game was pretty good, tactic's still only competent!

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-barcelona_-transfers-history.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-barcelona-v-r.-sociedad_-overview-overview.png

35. Hey Sean ,

I've been viewing this thread for a while and I must say I am impressed. I'm a big fan of people who create tactics from real life. I'm tempted to give this a go and if I do, I will report back.
    seanhrfc likes this.

36. This is a very solid tactic. Got my Hartlepool team promoted. Ended the first season at 10th, not bad considering the players we had.

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.png

However I concede a lot of goals from set pieces and crosses. Any suggestions to deal with that?
    seanhrfc likes this.

37. Results so far - Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-untitled.png

Man City result - Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-untitled1.png

Chelsea result - Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-untitled2.png
    seanhrfc likes this.

38. Btw, sean how do you set up the OI? can explain more throughly? Lets say if i'm managing a bottom table team like reading, etc. Well, a very good tactic, just not sure how the OI work. Cos my ass man sucks.

39. mate,which attributes i need to look for good Assistant Manager - Man managment and tactic know.?
    Do i need to put any other OI's or only one u said in first page? Ty

40. Quote Originally Posted by Udonking View Post
    Btw, sean how do you set up the OI? can explain more throughly? Lets say if i'm managing a bottom table team like reading, etc. Well, a very good tactic, just not sure how the OI work. Cos my ass man sucks.
    We have same problem

41. Yep, and regarding the staff responsibilities, what are your settings like? Hmm anyone mind to share. Screenshots.

42. I personally don't think you need to use any OI. I am having success without using them

43. Forgive me if this has already been asked before - I've tried scanning through the thread!

What do you do when you have someone sent off?

44. Quote Originally Posted by rahtehin View Post
    This is a very solid tactic. Got my Hartlepool team promoted. Ended the first season at 10th, not bad considering the players we had.

Attachment 325705

However I concede a lot of goals from set pieces and crosses. Any suggestions to deal with that?
    What's the aerial ability of your back line like? You may have a weak link in there. My other suggestion is if it really becomes a problem, switch from defensive positioning to defending set pieces.

45. I'm playing Dortmund with this tactic and I am being impressed by this tactic's solidness.
    When I met Chelsea at their home, I beat them by 3-0 !

Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-cfc.jpg

I'll upload my results at the end of the season! thanks any way !
    Last edited by ggle19; 02/04/2013 at 02:00 PM.
    seanhrfc likes this.

46. Quote Originally Posted by Udonking View Post
    Btw, sean how do you set up the OI? can explain more throughly? Lets say if i'm managing a bottom table team like reading, etc. Well, a very good tactic, just not sure how the OI work. Cos my ass man sucks.
    OK, firstly there are two settings that you must avoid - rarely & never. These two instructions will go against the general philosophy of the tactic.

Tight Mark Always - any player in M/AM/F RLC who has pace/acc less than 12.
    Closing Down Always - any player in DM, M/AM F RLC who has pace/acc less than 12 or possesses 14+ long shots. Any D RLC with an attribute in composure, concentration or decisions less than 10.
    Tackling Hard - any player with Bravery less than 12.
    Show Onto Weaker Foot - Anyone who's weaker foot ability is very weak, weak or reasonable.

I hope this helps. However this tactic can also be used as plug and play, not always a need for the OI. It just helps give that little bit of an edge I feel.

47. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    OK, firstly there are two settings that you must avoid - rarely & never. These two instructions will go against the general philosophy of the tactic.

Tight Mark Always - any player in M/AM/F RLC who has pace/acc less than 12.
    Closing Down Always - any player in DM, M/AM F RLC who has pace/acc less than 12 or possesses 14+ long shots. Any D RLC with an attribute in composure, concentration or decisions less than 10.
    Tackling Hard - any player with Bravery less than 12.
    Show Onto Weaker Foot - Anyone who's weaker foot ability is very weak, weak or reasonable.

I hope this helps. However this tactic can also be used as plug and play, not always a need for the OI. It just helps give that little bit of an edge I feel.
    Alright thanks!

48. Quote Originally Posted by Udonking View Post
    Yep, and regarding the staff responsibilities, what are your settings like? Hmm anyone mind to share. Screenshots.
    Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-san-marino_-staff-responsibilities-2.pngArrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs-san-marino_-staff-responsibilities.png

I like to be in control of all the transfer/contract affairs. Tried with DOF but they just don't do as well as I know I can do. I personally don't like press conferences / interaction with other managers. I keep myself to myself and let the football do the talking. I find that aspect rather tedious.

49. Quote Originally Posted by mikedodgson View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been asked before - I've tried scanning through the thread!

What do you do when you have someone sent off?
    Take off the AF and play a lone Complete Forward is probably your best best, still managed to win a fair few games this way!

50. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Take off the AF and play a lone Complete Forward is probably your best best, still managed to win a fair few games this way!
    Excellent, thanks mate!

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO