Like Tree2Likes

Manchester United 4-3-3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Manchester United Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
    But now your dealing with opinion not fact...
    Fact is SAF would spare you the trouble of explaining his true shape and say 4-2-3-1 but i bet you he yaps on to carrick in person to hold deep the majority of the time to provide cover for his defense.
    Average position is not a simple equation of 1(most advanced position found) + 2(most defensive position found) divided by 2....
    Each player in the analyzing programe is coded and position is then generated from total movement. That average position is obv different for every game so each average position is added together an divided by the number of games to give a true indication of position.
    Obv variables such as player personal, pitch size and time played play a factor.

As i said everyone has an opinion on formation and what it is

Mine is that formation is represented by average position statistical information.
    Yours is based on an speculation and opinion.
    SAF could say his starting formation is 4-2-3-1 and easily play as a 4-3-2-1 for the first 5mins of a game.

All in all who cares....
    and i could have easily said last year that Barca played a 3-4-3 not a 4-3-3.
    You've ignore the fact the average position does not show what he takes up defensively. the the static position is a 4-2-3-1, as he does stand consistently ahead of Carrick. He covers more area going forwards, which pushes his average position on a graph higher up, but he defends and starts alongside Carrick. Whether Carrick sits or not doesn't change the fact that its a 4-2-3-1. They simply have slight different roles. Cleverly drives higher from alongside Carrick, but drops back there, he does not stay higher and make it a 4-1-1-3-1.

It's usually defined a 4-2-3-1, but you're going to call it something else entirely? Eh?

And Barca did sometimes play a 3-4-3 diamond shape last year, notably against against Milan.

either way im done on this particular topic.
    Last edited by Mike.; 05/05/2013 at 03:23 PM.

2. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by herne79 View Post
    Ahh the 2-3-5. Is there an FM 1920 available we could play?
    Hah, I think someone did make a 2-3-5

3. could you post the team instructions ?

4. How about you guys have a read on zonal marking web site, in my opinion is very good website for quick reference on how teams play and they do it by game ! not average positioning per season etc....

yes it doesnt go too deep into the tactic throughout the game, but as far replicating real tactics in FM, it really doesn't get any better than Zonal Marking website!

this is for example how United lined up against Arsenal in the 1-1 draw, have a read and see what you think:

Arsenal 1-1 Manchester United: Arsenal start strongly but are unable to maintain early tempo | Zonal Marking

5. Mike.'s Avatar Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy13 View Post
    How about you guys have a read on zonal marking web site, in my opinion is very good website for quick reference on how teams play and they do it by game ! not average positioning per season etc....

yes it doesnt go too deep into the tactic throughout the game, but as far replicating real tactics in FM, it really doesn't get any better than Zonal Marking website!

this is for example how United lined up against Arsenal in the 1-1 draw, have a read and see what you think:

Arsenal 1-1 Manchester United: Arsenal start strongly but are unable to maintain early tempo | Zonal Marking
    Preaching to the choir, it's one of my favourite sites.

6. GodCubed's Avatar GodCubed
    What kind of fuckery is this thread going on about? Saying United play a 4-1-1-3-1 is as redundant as saying Villa play a 2-2-1-2-2-1 because each 'band' is slightly more advanced than the next.
    Mike. likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12