Like Tree505Likes

***THE BETTER HALFS TACTIC UPLOAD & DISCUSSION

  1. hi betterhalf
    why do you set 6 version each tactics?
    standard, coutious
    overload
    defend
    slow breaking
    same to grandwide
    i am looking for Wide Diamond formation

  2. Quote Originally Posted by macovp View Post
    hi betterhalf
    why do you set 6 version each tactics?
    standard, coutious
    overload
    defend
    slow breaking
    same to grandwide
    i am looking for Wide Diamond formation
    Why? Well, that was in FM11 when I found that the TC settings Of those strategies simply where not up to standard and forcing me to make them My self. Although they still work really good in FM12, using the TC and the shouts works even better

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz View Post
    So I became bored of using my own tactic and have switched to your Man United 4-4-2 approaches
    ShirazS, I have uploaded some "default" shouts with different approaches and some example of tactics in my forum and now here for you to take a look at. Like i have written before, the lagging hinders me from playing matches but I can still put my ideas together
    Attached Files

  4. Hey man great threat, I really like it!

    But I have one question, and that is which skin do you use?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Ben97
    I have just started a new save as Brentford and I was wondering what tactics you would recommend for me to use?

    My spellchecking is out of order so this will be full of misstakes.




    Yes, I am back. As my Fm is lagging since 12.2, I am unable to actually play matches so I have not tested this with Brentford. Having loaded up a save and looked at the players though, I would use the following approach.


    Firstly, have a look at these assumtions. To be able to use my recommended setup, you have to agree with me on these

    1. .Even players in the lower division can play short passing possession football
    2. No teams can play that is really poor conditions ( i.e muddy pitch etc)
    3. Inconsistant players will make the tactic and results inconsistant.
    4. Throw ins are flawed. This means that you WILL conceed and score from them in a bizaar way since the marking system does not work. So dont get grey hairs here, its nothing you can do anything about
    5. The combination of having players that are motivated to put in an effort and using the correct generall style of play will win you games


    So, this is the appraoch I would use.


    As you seriously lack in attackers, I would use a single FC formation. AS you also have a few MCs and attacking wingers, I would use a "4411/4231". I would start with a Counter Strategy and let if be the base of play. When wanting to play more agressive, I would use a Wide 4231 and when wanting to play more cautious, a 4411. You can also add a more possession based style of play, here using a Standard approach and a Wide 4231.

    As for roels, its important to let the Mcs be on a defensive or support duty and using players sitting deeper ( when using a 4231).

    It could look something like this

    FBs - Automatic
    Dcs - Defend
    MCs, one deeplying playmaker Support and one CM on defend
    Wingers - Winger or Advanced playmaker, Inside Forward / Support, all depending on the player, Just tweak the wide play and set tit to "MOve into channels", regardless of role
    AMC: Inside FC or AMC / Support
    FC - Deep FC/Complete FC/ Attack when playing possession or cautious football. Poacher/Advanced FC when playing quicker and more agressive Counter attacks and using a quicker FC


    Overall strategy

    I would actually use either very Rigid with normal Creative Freedom or Fluid with more restricted one. I would allow romaing and I would press more. i would never tweak any of the sliders ( apart from the already mentioned move into channels fro the wingers)

    Have a look at the following shouts and see if you spot a pattern in the Standard and Counter Strategies



    ***THE BETTER HALFS TACTIC UPLOAD & DISCUSSION-leicester-shouts.png


    When starting matches, It can be a good idea to use either the Counter Strategy WITHOUT and shouts or the Standard WITH shouts so you can evaluate the first minutes of the game.

    You can also have a look at the uploaded tactic for Shirazs inTHIS post as its basiclly the setup i am talking about. I would not actually use those though as its important that you set them up your self to get a feeling for the atctic and how they work



    Could this something for you ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovefootballmanager View Post
    Hey man great threat, I really like it!

    But I have one question, and that is which skin do you use?
    Its calledSCORPIO
    Ben97 likes this.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post

    My spellchecking is out of order so this will be full of misstakes.




    Yes, I am back. As my Fm is lagging since 12.2, I am unable to actually play matches so I have not tested this with Brentford. Having loaded up a save and looked at the players though, I would use the following approach.


    Firstly, have a look at these assumtions. To be able to use my recommended setup, you have to agree with me on these

    1. .Even players in the lower division can play short passing possession football
    2. No teams can play that is really poor conditions ( i.e muddy pitch etc)
    3. Inconsistant players will make the tactic and results inconsistant.
    4. Throw ins are flawed. This means that you WILL conceed and score from them in a bizaar way since the marking system does not work. So dont get grey hairs here, its nothing you can do anything about
    5. The combination of having players that are motivated to put in an effort and using the correct generall style of play will win you games


    So, this is the appraoch I would use.


    As you seriously lack in attackers, I would use a single FC formation. AS you also have a few MCs and attacking wingers, I would use a "4411/4231". I would start with a Counter Strategy and let if be the base of play. When wanting to play more agressive, I would use a Wide 4231 and when wanting to play more cautious, a 4411. You can also add a more possession based style of play, here using a Standard approach and a Wide 4231.

    As for roels, its important to let the Mcs be on a defensive or support duty and using players sitting deeper ( when using a 4231).

    It could look something like this

    FBs - Automatic
    Dcs - Defend
    MCs, one deeplying playmaker Support and one CM on defend
    Wingers - Winger or Advanced playmaker, Inside Forward / Support, all depending on the player, Just tweak the wide play and set tit to "MOve into channels", regardless of role
    AMC: Inside FC or AMC / Support
    FC - Deep FC/Complete FC/ Attack when playing possession or cautious football. Poacher/Advanced FC when playing quicker and more agressive Counter attacks and using a quicker FC


    Overall strategy

    I would actually use either very Rigid with normal Creative Freedom or Fluid with more restricted one. I would allow romaing and I would press more. i would never tweak any of the sliders ( apart from the already mentioned move into channels fro the wingers)

    Have a look at the following shouts and see if you spot a pattern in the Standard and Counter Strategies



    Attachment 230876


    When starting matches, It can be a good idea to use either the Counter Strategy WITHOUT and shouts or the Standard WITH shouts so you can evaluate the first minutes of the game.

    You can also have a look at the uploaded tactic for Shirazs inTHIS post as its basiclly the setup i am talking about. I would not actually use those though as its important that you set them up your self to get a feeling for the atctic and how they work



    Could this something for you ?




    Its calledSCORPIO
    Thanks man I have just set up my tactics is there anyone people you would recommend me signing baring in mind I only have 16k transfer budget.

  7. for 12. 04 wining tactic?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ivo1 View Post
    for 12. 04 wining tactic?
    Sorry, I don't have any exploiting tactics. All the approaches in this thread is with the aim to Beat the AI/opponent and NOT the match engine.
    simulacrum likes this.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by TheBetterHalf View Post

    My spellchecking is out of order so this will be full of misstakes.




    Yes, I am back. As my Fm is lagging since 12.2, I am unable to actually play matches so I have not tested this with Brentford. Having loaded up a save and looked at the players though, I would use the following approach.


    Firstly, have a look at these assumtions. To be able to use my recommended setup, you have to agree with me on these

    1. .Even players in the lower division can play short passing possession football
    2. No teams can play that is really poor conditions ( i.e muddy pitch etc)
    3. Inconsistant players will make the tactic and results inconsistant.
    4. Throw ins are flawed. This means that you WILL conceed and score from them in a bizaar way since the marking system does not work. So dont get grey hairs here, its nothing you can do anything about
    5. The combination of having players that are motivated to put in an effort and using the correct generall style of play will win you games


    So, this is the appraoch I would use.


    As you seriously lack in attackers, I would use a single FC formation. AS you also have a few MCs and attacking wingers, I would use a "4411/4231". I would start with a Counter Strategy and let if be the base of play. When wanting to play more agressive, I would use a Wide 4231 and when wanting to play more cautious, a 4411. You can also add a more possession based style of play, here using a Standard approach and a Wide 4231.

    As for roels, its important to let the Mcs be on a defensive or support duty and using players sitting deeper ( when using a 4231).

    It could look something like this

    FBs - Automatic
    Dcs - Defend
    MCs, one deeplying playmaker Support and one CM on defend
    Wingers - Winger or Advanced playmaker, Inside Forward / Support, all depending on the player, Just tweak the wide play and set tit to "MOve into channels", regardless of role
    AMC: Inside FC or AMC / Support
    FC - Deep FC/Complete FC/ Attack when playing possession or cautious football. Poacher/Advanced FC when playing quicker and more agressive Counter attacks and using a quicker FC


    Overall strategy

    I would actually use either very Rigid with normal Creative Freedom or Fluid with more restricted one. I would allow romaing and I would press more. i would never tweak any of the sliders ( apart from the already mentioned move into channels fro the wingers)

    Have a look at the following shouts and see if you spot a pattern in the Standard and Counter Strategies



    Attachment 230876


    When starting matches, It can be a good idea to use either the Counter Strategy WITHOUT and shouts or the Standard WITH shouts so you can evaluate the first minutes of the game.

    You can also have a look at the uploaded tactic for Shirazs inTHIS post as its basiclly the setup i am talking about. I would not actually use those though as its important that you set them up your self to get a feeling for the atctic and how they work



    Could this something for you ?




    Its calledSCORPIO
    what did you do when losing 0-1
    and when 80 minutes. can you upload overload version

  10. Quote Originally Posted by macovp View Post
    what did you do when losing 0-1
    and when 80 minutes. can you upload overload version
    It depends on the flow of the game but basically I just use overload.I will not be uploading any tactics as such though. Those uploaded was just for ShirazS to take a look at.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. ***THE BETTER HALFS TACTIC UPLOAD & DISCUSSION
    By TheBetterHalf in forum Football Manager 2012 Tactics & Training
    Replies: 2784
    Last Post: 16/08/2013, 05:55 AM
  2. *THE BETTER HALFS TACTICS & TRAINING CENTER*** FM12
    By TheBetterHalf in forum Football Manager 2012 Tactics & Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25/10/2012, 07:29 PM
  3. ***THE BETTER HALFS TACTIC UPLOAD & DISCUSSION
    By TheBetterHalf in forum Football Manager 2012 Tactics & Training
    Replies: 745
    Last Post: 19/10/2012, 04:12 PM
  4. The Better Half´s Tactical Sets (No Wizard)
    By TheBetterHalf in forum Football Manager 2010 Tactics
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 28/06/2010, 08:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO