Windows 8 Crash Dumps

  1. Windows 8 Crash Dumps

    I have played 5 seasons in Windows 7 on a new pretty much empty laptop. The sticky above only mentions up to Windows 7.

    I haven't had anything as bad as this since the old FM10 days.

    1 night of playing FM13 I've got about 4 days through a game and managed 1 match... 7 crash dumps.

    Whats the fix?

    Thanks, Matt

    EDIT: now will not get past the date I'm on, no playing for me tonight then
    Last edited by Matt1il; 22/11/2012 at 08:04 PM.

  2. No experience of windows 8, not even sure the game is designed for it?

    No advice from SI at this stage. Is the layout that different to Win7? i mean can you follow the file paths given in the stickies above or is it totally different?

  3. It's not too different but the fact the same laptop, same game, different OS suggests obviously that it's windows 8's issue.

    I'll give the win7 run through at some point this weekend to see if that works, looks like a long work around.

  4. OK managed to fix it from advise from another user (thanks Nottmred88!!) don't know if you want add this to a sticky.

    Once you update from Win7 to Win8 you need to delete your setting files
    Football Manager FAQ

    Then re-verify your cache
    Football Manager FAQ

    Next time you open the game it'll re-install. All other saves games are OK etc.

    To answer your question about 8. You seem to be able to use it similar to 7 if you really want to but there are a bit of user friendly things thrown in once you get used to it, but only being using it a couple of nights

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Matt1il View Post
    OK managed to fix it from advise from another user (thanks Nottmred88!!) don't know if you want add this to a sticky.

    Once you update from Win7 to Win8 you need to delete your setting files
    Football Manager FAQ


    Then re-verify your cache
    Football Manager FAQ

    Next time you open the game it'll re-install. All other saves games are OK etc.

    To answer your question about 8. You seem to be able to use it similar to 7 if you really want to but there area bit of user friendly things thrown in once you get used to it, but only being using it a couple of nights
    Hi Matt1il,

    Can u teach me how delete that file and re-verify that again. I also got same problem like you before. Window8 user also bro...
    tq

  6. I use windows 8 with FM. No real problems..........yet.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JP Woody View Post
    I use windows 8 with FM. No real problems..........yet.
    How u to do it JP Woody? i always got crashbump when i played fm2013....very tension ma....huhu

  8. Quote Originally Posted by zaerzanudin View Post
    How u to do it JP Woody? i always got crashbump when i played fm2013....very tension ma....huhu
    I simply installed it and play it, works fine, no big secret

    Are you using the editor or downloaded skins?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JP Woody View Post
    I simply installed it and play it, works fine, no big secret

    Are you using the editor or downloaded skins?
    ok...i try reinstalled it again

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Crash Dump
    By fillya in forum Football Manager 2009
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11/07/2011, 10:19 PM
  2. Crash dump?!?!
    By andyoc03 in forum Football Manager 2009
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08/05/2009, 04:20 PM
  3. crash dumps
    By waspocelts in forum Football Manager 2009
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29/01/2009, 11:44 PM
  4. Crash Dump error in Football Manager 2009, no idea why
    By riggedout in forum Football Manager 2009
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29/01/2009, 01:59 AM
  5. Crash dumps
    By [email protected] in forum Football Manager 2009
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11/12/2008, 06:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO