Why can't I score goals??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Why can't I score goals??

I dominate games, at least 60% possession with an average of 5-6 clear cut chances every game but we miss so many chances. I have Diego Costa up front and also have Morata, Eto'o, Drogba and they miss so many one-on-ones it is ridiculous. Nearly 2 a game. I have about 2 cleared off the line every game and 3-4 off the woodwork it is just unbelievable. I am top of the league with Chelsea but are really struggling to score goals compared to the chances we create. It's not just the strikers either though. Oscar, Hazard, Mata they just can't finish! I focus on attacking in training with attacking movement in match prep. and it doesn't seem to do much good. The opposition however, have a few chances and always score. It's not down to confidence either as Costa has scored 4 in the 5 games he's played since he came and he was top scorer in La Liga but he too misses so many chances!

How do I get them to start scoring? Or is this some problem with the ME?

2. iota4u's Avatar iota4u
    Reading, Chelsea Star Player
    Quote Originally Posted by louiscfc View Post
    I dominate games, at least 60% possession with an average of 5-6 clear cut chances every game but we miss so many chances. I have Diego Costa up front and also have Morata, Eto'o, Drogba and they miss so many one-on-ones it is ridiculous. Nearly 2 a game. I have about 2 cleared off the line every game and 3-4 off the woodwork it is just unbelievable. I am top of the league with Chelsea but are really struggling to score goals compared to the chances we create. It's not just the strikers either though. Oscar, Hazard, Mata they just can't finish! I focus on attacking in training with attacking movement in match prep. and it doesn't seem to do much good. The opposition however, have a few chances and always score. It's not down to confidence either as Costa has scored 4 in the 5 games he's played since he came and he was top scorer in La Liga but he too misses so many chances!

How do I get them to start scoring? Or is this some problem with the ME?
    take screen shot of your tactic and shouts please matey, let's have a look

3. Why can't I score goals??-picture1.jpgWhy can't I score goals??-picture2.jpgWhy can't I score goals??-picture4.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why can't I score goals??-picture3.png  
    Last edited by louiscfc; 29/12/2013 at 03:41 PM.

4. iota4u's Avatar iota4u
    Reading, Chelsea Star Player
    right, the 4-2-3-1 is tricky in 14.2, with IF's you want a f9 as a striker, to disrupt the defence, luckily you have costa and i assuming still have torres? they are decent F9's. Alternatively, change the IF's to wingers and put Costa as a complete forward.

Same again really with the second tactic, you have to inside forwards and then two strikers who wait up for a delivery, so wingers would be better suited, or a single F9 striker and a defensive forward striker.

5. No I exchanged Torres and Mikel for Costa!! He scored about 2 goals in 40 games...terrible!
    Thanks for the help I'll see how it goes.

6. hazard n oscar aren't the best finishers,
    try and distribute the shots so your best finisher/s take the most shots
    judging from your team it would be Costa, maybe try him as a advance forward
    play hazard as a winger s backup up with a WB on attack, Oscar as AMC S , i like the Mata role but better to play him on attack since he is a way better scorer than hazard, be sure to back him up with a FB on support duty
    Lampard is above average a scorer for a MC so its a waste to play him as a deep playmaker on defense, so either change it to a supporting deep playmaker or change the role itself to Central mid supporrt or box to box
    if your decide to change lampards role u should change ramires as well cuz the bwm isn't the best pick for the holding mid and can drift further forward and expose your defense i would rather play essien or obi mikel as a CM on defense or Deep playmaker on d combine with lampard as a box to box or Cm on support
    and be sure your holding midfielder is covering the side of your more agressive FB/WB so you don't get exposed to counters
    Last edited by paetoja; 29/12/2013 at 04:22 PM.

7. Aah.. 4-2-3-1.. I use 2 wingers on attack, and a TM up front. Banging in goals like nuts. If you've not already given away Lukaku, use him. He's brilliant.

8. Here goes:

1. 1st tactic only has one player from mf up on support. So if he plays badly or gets marked out of the match you re in trouble.
    2. Also - if you re not sure what you re doing/whats happening as it seems to be the case better not use fancy player roles such as trequartista.
    3. Second tactic has too many players on support.
    4. Generally speaking always try to do two things:mix player roles with the "opposite" of what they are supposed to be doing - eg have a DLP on defend -and- more importantly try to have different attacking outlets: rather than having an if on both sides make one a winger/wmidfielder.
    5. Wing backs are more effective than fbs in FM14 especially behind Ifs.
    6. Id set up your first tactic as follows: wbs for fbs automatic; dlp def and bwm support; winger (L - if you have left footed players otherwise make the winger the right one) support, AM/Shadow striker attack, If attack and P attack
    7. Id change the second tactic along those lines as well.
    8. BTW Ive found that in FM14 the most effective thing tactics wise is rigidity: having rigid philosophy and telling players to stick to positions ...

9. When you play possession football with high line, the other team cramps the spaces, so you the attempts are poor at times. As a Chelsea fan, it pains me to see Chelsea struggle to score in this game (Just like in real life, lol).

I'd say play Oscar in midfield as DLP (D), he has shoots from distance PPM which is horrible for Playmaker as he'll shoot instead of passing. He also has good tackling, his tackling went to 13-14 in my save. Also teach him "Plays through balls". I also prefer to use a box to box instead of BWM. Chalobah develops good for that.

Use De Bruyne as no.10. I got Fernando Torres to score screamers against the likes of City!

I play high tempo counter attacking tactic though. Idc if board keeps crying, I keep the job 'cause I keep winning.

I also use Hazard and Mata as IF(support) and they're insanely good. Mata scores a lot and Hazard assists a lot. I also have Lukaku as my primary striker. I developed his passing and technique, He has high teamwork. I play him as Target Man (support), he also scores a buttload. I've taught him "Shoots with power" PPM, Eto'o is terrible, get rid of him.

I also play JT as stopper and Cahill as cover. When I play Luiz I play him on defend. I've found Ramires isn't good fit for possession football, he's a beast for Counter Attacking football.

Playing possession football successfully is a difficult task to accomplish in FM as well as in real life.

I don't play only C-A tactic, but my possession tactic is well drilled, I've made so many changes in my team according to it, I've set player instructions to play as precise as possible. For eg I use Wing backs as supporting midfielders when I'm attacking, not just defenders. I play regista and a technical box to box who can control tempo (he's DLP but seems to control game outside opposition's box as B2B ). Hazard, KdB, Mata are my creative players. All of them play through balls and up top a monster named Lukaku.

Also, play a high line if you want to press high.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AayushCFC; 29/12/2013 at 11:47 PM.

10. [QUOTE=iota4u;1963598]right, the 4-2-3-1 is tricky in 14.2, with IF's you want a f9 as a striker, to disrupt the defence, luckily you have costa and i assuming still have torres? they are decent F9's.

Hey, i am playing 4-2-3-1, and i use If`s, but if you use a F9, wouldnt he just interupt the amc sort of, as he is in that space, wouldnt it be more beneficial to use a advanced forward or something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast