Like Tree108Likes

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

1. Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-raul.jpg
    Raul Gonzalez Blanco.

Hello ladies and gents, I will be starting another story as the legendary player Raul as he delves into management. I previously had a save which I was very successful on and enjoyed it which I'm sure alot of you noticed. I will be starting unemployed with a Professional Footballer reputation as it will be harder for me to get a top job straight away but with Raul's reputation get a respectful job. I hope one day to build my way up the managerial ladder and manage the beloved Real Madrid to glory in the end of my path.

Raul Gonzalez Blanco:
    Born in Madrid, Spain 27th June 1977

Playing Career: -
    1994: Real Madrid (C) - 7 apps 16 goals
    1994-2010: Real Madrid - 550 apps 228 goals
    2010-2012: Schalke 04 - 66 apps 28 goals
    2012-end: Al sadd 8 apps 4 goals

Honours: -

UEFA Champions League alltime record goalscorer.
    La Liga - 6
    UEFA Champions League - 3
    Supercopa de Espana - 4
    UEFA Cup - 1
    Intercontinental Cup - 2
    DFB-Pokal - 1

Raul hung up his boots after a long and successful career which many people have appreciated what he offered to the great Catalans and playing alongside some of the biggest names in football including: Ronaldo, Beckham, Figo, Guti, Roberto Carlos, Iker Casillas and many more. Raul felt the only way he could carry on his legacy would be to manage his way up to the top. But in studying for his coaching badges Raul was a coach for Real Madrid which he admitted in a press conference it would one day be his dream to manage his boyhood club and pay back to the fans what they gave him throughout his playing career. But this would be a long road ahead and he would not get any ideas into his head at this moment in time.

2. Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-hearts.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-malmo.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-depo.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-koln.png

I was offered these four jobs after the respective clubs had a less than respectful start to their seasons which I sat down and listened to every single offer which I thought a long and hard while about each one. Every club offered me a different venture.

Hearts: Currently lying 10th in the SPL but only a few seasons was in Europe. They are in huge administration and would be a massive test to the start of my managerial career to see if I could drag them out of the slump and possibly get them challenging at the top of the table.

Malmo FF: Ole Gunnar's left the club after accepting a job offer at Blackburn Rovers. They are currently top of the table and have quite some good players at their disposal. The real challenge will be going places in Europe as it has always been a massive struggle for the small european minnows Malmo.

Deportivo La Coruna: Since a fall from 10 years ago finishing 2nd in the Liga BBVA with heroic players such as Juan Carlos Valeron and Mauro Silva they are lurking in the LIGA adelante. The chairman discussed his ambitions of getting the club back in the Liga BBVA as soon as possible. I know from my playing days that Deportivo was a very, very intimidating place to go to and play.

FC Koln: Another fallen team which deserves in the top flight but are currently underperforming in the 2.Bundesliga. The ex club of the famous Lukas Podolski who is currently at Arsenal have a good wage and transfer budget to get them out of the league and back in the big time.

It took me a few days to mull over the job offers in my head in which one would be most suitable to me. I needed something which would help me in my first venture as a professional football manager. I never have experienced it apart from the last few years at Madrid helping out as a coach but I have learnt many great things from Jose Mourinho and most recently Carlo Ancelotti. I made a few phone calls and had a few discussions until I had come to a final conclusion.

3. your back !

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gavinwwe View Post
    your back !
    I am indeed my friend.

5. Click image for larger version

Name:	Depo.png
Views:	3915
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	402377
    Deportivo hire Raul as new manager.

This was a very tough decision as I was hours away from joining Malmo as the prospect of competing in Europe as a first-year manager was a dream. But I realised if I wasn't quite ready yet and needed to master my expertees elsewhere. I opted for Deportivo as it is in a country which I was born in and I am very fond of the history of the club and gives me the best possible chance of success at the club. I know the club is loved by the fans and the people involved but crippling debt was a worry for La Coruna. I sat down with the chairman (Augusto Cesar Lendorio) to discuss our targets for the rest of the season. We was currently 14th and 4 points behind a play-off place. I still thought we can make a push for promotion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LIGA adelante_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	3858
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	402380

I was introduced to a press conference later that day which many of the press had alot of questions to ask me and why I had chosen Deportivo.

Name:	press.jpg
Views:	3950
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	402381

Vicente Ramos: Raul as a Spanish legend do you think there will be too much expectation for you to succeed in your first foot in management?

Raul: I do believe people will talk about my past but being a manager is completely different to being a player.

Juande Carlos: Considering Deportivo have had such a poor start what do you think you can bring to the club to change around their fortunes of late?

Raul: I believe a different training regime and some different tactics may shake a few things off but the first thing is to stop the rot. We will be defensively stable first and then build on there as goals win games but clean sheets win titles.

Saul Arrande: Will you be looking to improve the squad at Deportivo or are you currently happy with the players at your disposal?

Raul: I will always be looking to better the squad but it is a personal challenge I set every player to give me the option not to replace them. They looked very sharp in training today and impressed me.

End Of Press Conference

We begin our first match against Castilla.

AayushCFC likes this.

6. November

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-raul.jpg

I was just about to prepare for my first ever competitive match as manager.

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 2nd November 2013

Riazor

Deportivo 1 - 0 Castilla
    O.G (43')

MOTM: Carlos Marchena

Excellent result against Castilla and a win in my first match is delighting, we should have beat the team I was coaching by a fair few with 14 shots on target it was a matter of finishing which let us down from what could have been such an excellent scoring rout but a win is a win.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 10th November 2013

Nuevo Colombino

Recreativo 1 - 1 Deportivo
    Borja Baston (53')

MOTM:
    Ezequiel

It was disappointing considering yet again we had the chances to finish Recreativo off in the first half but we didn't take them and they came back to bite us as we trailed into the break only for a brilliant solo goal from Borja Baston to rescue us a point.

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 16th November 2013

Riazor

Deportivo 1 - 1 Mallorca
    Borja Baston (22'), Laure sent off (85')

MOTM:
    Inigo Perez

Mallorca was a much sterner test than my past two games and gave us a run for our money but we managed to hold them off. We played very well under the circumstances and after receiving a red card we managed to hold on for a point.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 24th November 2013

El Toralin

Ponferradina 2 - 2 Deportivo
    Borja Baston (33'), Bergantinos (43')

MOTM:
    Juande

Porferradina was favorites going into the match and we managed to take a two goal advantage against Ponferradina which all looked brilliant and we was going on to win the game until we rested on our lorals and they came back into the game and gained a point. I requested all players stayed behind after the game and look at where they went wrong and think about it. We start fresh next game.

I also got some pleasing news from some ex-rivals:

Name:	Raùl Gonzalez Blanco_ News Inbox.png
Views:	3928
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	402438

Player Of The Month:

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-borja.jpg
    Borja Baston
    The lad has been firing all cylinders since I took over.

League Table

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-liga-adelante_-overview-stages-2.png

7. December

Name:	Depo.jpg
Views:	4525
Size:	992.7 KB
ID:	402488
    We roll our sleeves up and try and graft towards a play-off position.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 1st December 2013

Riazor

Deportivo 6 - 3 Lugo
    Borja Baston (18', 25', 37', 45+2'), Dominguez (48'), Culio (80')

MOTM: Borja Baston

What a fantastic result!!! We was absolutely sensational today and Borja Baston scored a double brace as we went on to smash Lugo. We also played much better as a team and looked like we wanted it more than our opponents. The only downside was in conceding three goals.

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 7th December 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 1 - 0 Alaves
    Borja Baston (52')

A hard, fought out ground victory. The sort you have to grit your teeth at knowing its not the prettiest of performances but we came away with all three points and we are keeping pace on the rest of the play-off places. This also stretched our unbeaten run to 6 games which is fantastic.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 15th December 2013

Ipurua

Eibar 2 - 0 Deportivo

MOTM: Jose Morales

We wasn't at our best today and we showed that as not a single shot on target and was totally outclassed by a average team. Two goals in the last ten minutes is was put us to the sword and it was really a disgusting display from us which we will put right next game.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 22nd December 2013

Riazor

Deportivo 2 - 1 Numancia
    Ayoze (81', 85'), Laure sent off (61')

MOTM:
    Ayoze

We was poor again today but it was our complete dominance in the last twenty minutes which won us the match along with luck from the referee at awarding us two penalties on which looking back at replays neither of them seemed like a valid penalty, but we will take the points gracefully.

Player Of The Month

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-borja.jpg
    Borja Baston
    Another 5 goals this month for the young man.

League Table

Name:	LIGA adelante_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	4312
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	402494

8. as Castilla can't get promoted, will you be in the play-offs if you finish 8th?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Pezz96 View Post
    as Castilla can't get promoted, will you be in the play-offs if you finish 8th?
    If I finish 7th yes. Two teams go up and four in the play-offs.

10. Great to have you back mate. Look forward to seeing the story unfold. I'll be making my come back too with a story. Just playing around with a few ideas. ��

11. Quote Originally Posted by Streaky25 View Post
    Great to have you back mate. Look forward to seeing the story unfold. I'll be making my come back too with a story. Just playing around with a few ideas. ��
    Thanks dude, been working away in Australia and got back around a month ago. I've had a few saves which I'm still getting used to the game but hopefully this will wheel me in the right direction.

12. Quote Originally Posted by TicTactition View Post
    Thanks dude, been working away in Australia and got back around a month ago. I've had a few saves which I'm still getting used to the game but hopefully this will wheel me in the right direction.
    Yeah I've been very busy with my coaching trying to get my name out in the Semi Pro leagues in an attempt to challenge myself more and in the hope it leads to bigger things. It's good to have you back. Keep up the good work.

13. January

Name:	RAUL.jpg
Views:	1778
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	402516
    Raul ahead of the clash against Jaen.

Only one transfer this window coming in was Antonio Adan on a free transfer after his summer release from Real Madrid.

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-ade.jpg
    Adan rejected a host of clubs to join Deportivo.

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 4th January 2014

Nuevo La Victoria

Jaen 1 - 4 Deportivo
    Bergantinos (43'), Dominguez (73', 90+1), Luisinho (90+2)

MOTM: Juan Dominguez

An absolute demolition job of Jaen which we was lethal infront of goal. They couldn't handle our high tempo play and we should of finished it in the first half. A variety of scorers also made it onto the sheet which was nice to see.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 12th January 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 2 - 0 Girona
    Ayoze (25'), Kaka (90')

MOTM: Ayoze

We showed true character today which we came up against Girona who wanted to kick lumps out of us and not play a football game but fortunately we managed to fight through it and go on to win the game with goals from two set-pieces.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 19th January 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 4 - 0 Las Palmas
    Arizmendi (2'), Borja Baston (34', 85'), Marchena (58')

MOTM:Emmanuel Culio

This month keeps getting better. Another demolition job, this time Las Palmas was the victims of our slaughter. We have been playing some really attractive football of late and been catching the eye of most of the division as one to look out for.

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 25th January 2014

Nuevo Arcangel

Cordoba 1 - 3 Deportivo
    Borja Baston (11', 24'), Dominguez (45+1')

What a way to end the month!! Cordoba was challenging us for a playoff spot and we got an early goal which undid there whole gameplan and then we just picked the gaps when they tried to go forward and had the game wrapped up by half time.

Player Of The Month:

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-dom.jpg
    Juan Dominguez
    He has been the instrumental player this month.

League Table:

Name:	LIGA adelante_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	1637
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	402528

Last edited by TicTactition; 01/11/2013 at 09:50 PM.

14. February

Views:	2274
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	402623
    The Deportivo fans in full voice after a convincing run of form.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 2nd February 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 5 - 0 C.E. Sabadell
    Borja Baston (29', 45+2'), Arizmendi (32', 36'), Culio (64')

MOTM: Javier Arizmendi

Well we got a glut of goals today and our play is really starting to create some beautiful football which the fans are enjoying aswell as myself. On top of winning football games aswell we have a fantastic formula to push forward on and maximise. We are now approaching full throttle and are prepared for anything thrown at us.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 9th February 2014

Nuevo Condomia

Murcia 1 - 4 Deportivo
    Culio (5', 55'), Borja Baston (8'), Wilk (30')

MOTM:
    Borja Baston

Another game in which we dealt a crushing performance to our opponents, we are currently the team to beat in the league as we are 7 unbeaten and getting stronger every game now we have settled into our tactic.

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 15th February 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 0 - 0 Sporting

MOTM:
    Cezary Wilk

Not a bad point after we have been tonking teams left, right and centre. We must not let the complacency get to our heads as we are only as good as our next game but Sporting was well organised and defended very well against us. A fair result.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 23rd February 2014

Santo Domingo

Alcorcan 1 - 3 Deportivo
    Culio (13'), Dominguez (45+2'), Borja Baston (66')

MOTM:
    Juan Dominguez

Arguably the best result of the month as Alcorcan was on our tails and this game was a 6 pointer which could have brought alot of teams into contention had I slipped up. We put in a cultured performance though and remained professional to see them off to the final whistle.

Player Of The Month

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-culio.jpg
    Emmanuel Culio
    The left midfielder has sprung into life this month and put in some fantastic performances.

League Table

Views:	1600
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	402664
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-liga-adelante_-overview-stages-3.png  

15. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    Good read - well done so far!!!

16. Quote Originally Posted by KLIPPYBO View Post
    Good read - well done so far!!!
    Thanks Klippy.

17. March

Views:	1652
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	402776
    The team celebrating one of the many goals scored this season.

LIGA adalante
    Sunday 2nd March 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 0 - 1 Hercules

MOTM: Carlos Marchena

This was a vital game in which if we won we could have possibly ended up on the top of the table. But Hercules was on top form and it was a very tight game which could of gone either way but Hercules was the team which came out on top to triumph.

LIGA adalante
    Sunday 9th March 2014

Muncipal Arena

Mirandes 2 - 2 Deportivo
    Arizmendi (13'), Culio (41')

MOTM: Emmanuel Culio

A disappointing result considering our standing position in the league and the fact we went ahead both times only to be pegged back twice. A positive we can take though is a point away from home and we got something.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 16th March 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 4 - 1 Barcelona B
    Culio (10', 56'), Dominguez (18'), Borja Baston (60')

MOTM:
    Emmanuel Culio

This victory means even more to me because of a personal rivalry. But a very dominating act which we delivered to a well organised and a side that could play football very very well. I challenged the players to finish this month with another two wins.

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 22nd March 2014

La Romareda

Zaragoza 1 - 2 Deportivo
    Borja Baston (2', 46')

Borja has been a real difference this year at only 21 years old he is doing fantastic and improving with each game he plays. Atletico Madrid will be delighted with his progress whilst he is on loan here and hope they can give him more playing time next year.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 30th March 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 1 - 0 Tenerife
    Rudy (90+4')

MOTM:Antonio Adan

We wasn't at our best today and at times called on our goalkeeper Adan who had a world class game today and kept us in the game until the last minute when Rudy popped up with his 1st goal of the season to seal us the 3 points to keep the assault on promotion up.

Player Of The Month

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-culio.jpg
    Emmanuel Culio
    2nd month in a row for the Argentinian with his trickery and goals.

League Table

Name:	LIGA adelante_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	1597
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	402808

18. April

Views:	2910
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	402850
    A sketch a fan sent in and wished me good luck in the closing few months.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 6th April 2014

Alfredo Di Stefano

Castilla 0 - 0 Deportivo

MOTM: Kaka

As the end of the season is fast approaching we need to pick up maximum points in order to secure automatic promotion, I don't want to leave it to the chance of a lottery in the play-offs. We did keep a clean sheet but in my eyes it is 2 points dropped.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 13th April 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 3 - 0 Recreavito
    Arizmendi (15'), Esparza (45+1'), Dominguez (70')

MOTM:
    Jokin Esparza

We made things alot easier for ourselves this time round with a solid three goal win over Recreavito. We dominated the full 90 minutes and didn't give them a sniff. We just need to get over the finish line in order to gain promotion and with self-belief and hard work we will be able to do this!!

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 19th April 2014

Iberostar Stadi

Mallorca 2 - 3 Deportivo
    Arizmendi (30'), Marchena (37'), Esparza (66')

MOTM:
    Jokin Esparza

We have defeated one of the most resistant teams in the league away from home who caused me a problem first time around. They was brilliant but we was even better, we are closing in on the season and everything is so tight.

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 26th April 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 2 - 3 Ponferradina
    Bergantinos (10', 54')

MOTM: Alex Bergantinos

We gave them the game today and in a disgusting fashion after being 2-0 up. The players sat back on their lorals and thought the game was won and they finished the game in style with a 30 yarder in the 90th minute to take the 3 points home with them and pile pressure on us threatening to catch up.

Player Of The Month

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-jokin.jpg
    Jokin Esparza
    Not been around the first team regularly but dipped in with goals.

League Table

Views:	1530
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	402854
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-raul.jpg  
    MANUMAD likes this.

19. AWESOME!
    ich want zie more!

20. May

Name:	liga.jpg
Views:	1593
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	402863
    Could we find the courage inside to gain promotion to the La Liga?

LIGA adelante
    Thursday 1st May 2014
    Mendizorroza

Alaves 0 - 3 Deportivo
    Kaka (21'), Dominguez (47'), Borja Baston (54')

We have made a solid start to the last month of the season. We have to have nerves of steel and composure to go on and fulfill our best form of the season. Everybody is chipping in with goals now which is brilliant for the team and fills us with confidence.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 4th May 2014

Angel Carro

Lugo 2 - 2 Deportivo
    Culio (9'), Insua (53')

MOTM:
    Laure

We should have won this game due to the bare amount of chances we didn't take and hopefully this game doesn't cost us come the end of the season.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 18th May 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 3 - 0 Eiber
    Dominguez (13'), O.G (55'), Borja Baston (76')

MOTM:
    Juan Dominguez

Back on tracks and looking very steady going into the last few games but we must keep our composure and not let anything distract us. Another game with a variety of scorers which is pleasing.

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 24th May 2014
    Nuevo Los Pajaritos

Numancia 0 - 2 Deportivo
    Borja Baston (45', 72')

MOTM:
    Borja Baston

The finishing line is in the distance but we are being pushed all the way. It is up to only us now if we want to win or lose this promotion campaign and show how much we actually do want it.

LIGA adelante
    Saturday 31st May 2014

Riazor

Deportivo 3 - 1 Jaen
    Borja Baston (1'), O.G (5'), Arizmendi (18')

MOTM:
    Javier Arizmendi

Our 2nd to last game to the season ensures us that we need just one point to get promotion!! We will be fighting for one another on that pitch and be like warriors to get into the next division.

LIGA adelante
    Sunday 8th June 2014
    Motilivi

Girona 1 - 5 Deportivo
    Borja Baston (2', 72', 78'), Arizmendi (12'), Luisinho (49')

MOTM:
    Borja Baston

WE HAVE BEEN PROMOTED!!!!! AND AS CHAMPIONS. What a fantastic way to end the season with a five goal glut and a winning hattrick for Borja Baston what a memory that ball will be to him in the future. We will be plying our trade in the Liga BBVA against the big guns next year!!!

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-ra-l-gonzalez-blanco_-news-inbox-2.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-ra-l-gonzalez-blanco_-news-inbox.png

Oh and to go along with an amazing season he's had he broke the goalscoring record in the league.

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-ra-l-gonzalez-blanco_-news-inbox.png

Final League Table:

Name:	LIGA adelante_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	1536
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	402869

BREAKING NEWS TO FOLLOW!

Last edited by TicTactition; 02/11/2013 at 03:58 AM.
    coolmcool and ZeCarlos like this.

21. Well done mate on promotion. Look forward to the breaking news!!!!!!!

22. Quote Originally Posted by Streaky25 View Post
    Well done mate on promotion. Look forward to the breaking news!!!!!!!
    Why thankyou, I'm currently working on it. Update within hour.

23. Click image for larger version

Views:	2667
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	402939

Raul leaves Deportivo after year of success

Reports are coming in that Raul has accepted a job from another club as he felt that he couldn't improve Deportivo as much with the funds that was dealt to him when they sat down and discussed so he offered a resignation but after his successful year, Deportivo knew they could get compensation wherever he went. We had the chance to catch up with Raul on his way out of Spain for a job interview.

Jorge Lopes: Raul, is it true that you are no longer manager of Deportivo and you've accepted a job elsewhere?

Raul: I have left Deportivo yes, but I havn't accepted a job yet I have had a few offers but I am on my way to discuss terms now.

Haman Tukur: Can you name the club(s) which have contacted you so we can have an idea where we will see you managing next year?

Raul: My lips are sealed, I've had quite alot of offers so I could be way off anyway. I'm sure as soon as I find out you will aswell.

Guillerme Blanc: After a successful season at Deportivo and with all the players looking up to you as an
    inspirationwhy leave the club.

Raul: I sat down with the chairman and we both had different plans which I don't resent him for but I wanted to work under my way and I thought I brought them as far as I could. Anyway, I have a plane to catch I will catch up with you later.

Clubs which Raul has been heavily linked with:

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-bremen.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-westbrom.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-westham.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-wolfsburg.png

I have joined one of these clubs.. But who?

Last edited by TicTactition; 02/11/2013 at 11:31 AM.
    AndySams10 likes this.

24. Great story so far, i am currently playing as Gladbach in the german league and loving it... Where you gonna go?

25. Quote Originally Posted by Pr1cey17 View Post
    Great story so far, i am currently playing as Gladbach in the german league and loving it... Where you gonna go?
    Update soon enough mate, how is Gladbach going for you I remember using ter-Stegen and Xhaka last year was very very good.

26. Click image for larger version

Name:	WestBrom.png
Views:	1796
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	403095
    Raul named as new manager of West Brom

Aims:

Top half of the table
    Improve the quality of players in the squad
    Improve the youth at the club

The attraction of West Brom suited me as they have some very capable players at their disposal and it is in a league which I have always wanted to explore as I never ended up here as a player although I came close to joining Manchester United from Real Madrid at one stage. The Premier League is the best league in the world so if I can make my name anywhere it will be here. The chairman really sold it to me that he wanted to push the club forward and would support me in my vision of football and bringing through youth.

Next will be pre-season and transfers.

coolmcool likes this.

27. Pre-Season and Transfers

Name:	West Brom_ Transfers Transfer History.png
Views:	1768
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	403110

In's:

Regens (Sebastian Farr, Michal Kisel, Aaron Fisher, Fisnik Babaj):

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-michal-kisel_-overview-profile.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-fisnik-babaj_-overview-profile.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-aaron-fisher_-overview-profile.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-sebastien-farr_-overview-profile.png

Gareth Barry:
    A experienced league winner which still has quality and will be useful to us.

Nemanja Matic: After earning a 15m move to Barcelona he never settled so a loan option to try find his best form is a good solution for both teams. I have the option to purchase him at any time for 6m.

Aaron Cresswell: The youngster from Ipswich has been brought in and will compete with Neil Taylor for the left-back spot as we didn't have a strong left-back at the club when I took over.

Neil Taylor: Still only young but him and Cresswell will be competing for the left-back spot this year.

Kasper Schmeichel: Offloaded two keepers on a high wage and Kasper was solid for Leicester and looked like a Premiership keeper.

Bruno Ecuele Manga: One of the coups of the window I think. One of the strongest centre-halves in the French league was available at a knock down price.

Shaun Maloney: Needed some wingers brought into the club as we was thin on them. Maloney offers excellent technique.

Vegar Eggen Hedenstad: A versatile player who can play just about anywhere which gives us a brilliant outlet.

John Guidetti:
    After getting rid of Anichebe, Anelka and Long we needed some replacement strikers and a loan for Guidetti who ripped the Eredivisie up with Feyenoord is a good option.

Casemiro: A long term replacement for Mulumbu and with the right training can be the next Claude Makelele.

Seydou Doumbia: Needs no introduction as he is a speed merchant with a deadly finish. He will be our source of goals this year.

Adam Johnson: As Sunderland got relegated we snatched Adam at a knock down price, as we saw at Man City we know what he is capable of.

Out's:

Victor Anichebe:
    A heavy load and a poor mans Emile Heskey. Was lucky to recoup that much for him.

Shane Long: 10m for a average striker was very good business in my eyes.

Graham Dorrans: I would have like to have kept Dorrans but 5m for him was enough to secure his services.

Youssef Mulumbu: 27.5m was just a price which blew us out of the water, I wanted to keep Youssef but money like that can reshape the squad as it has proven as we have managed to bring in 3 or 4 players adequate to his level in.

Pre Season Results:

Wycombe 1 - 3 West Brom
    Dawson (20', 30'), Barry (51')

Oxford 0 - 3 West Brom
    Jones (36'), Dawson (78'), Ecuele Manga (90+1')

Nurnberg 2 - 2 West Brom
    Morrison (75', 88')

Overall a good pre-season which all the players are still gelling and hopefully we do in time for when the league starts. We had a late start to pre-season due to the World Cup but everybody has had the same as us. We will start with a community shield game against Tottenham as we won the FA Cup last year which I was unaware of.

28. Well done
    TicTactition likes this.

29. August

Name:	WestBrom.png
Views:	4241
Size:	659.9 KB
ID:	403422

My first month in charge at what I consider a big club in the Premier League and with the additions we have made it is going to be a good team with the hardworking basics. Teamwork will be needed in this league as it isn't for the feint hearted and you will get kicked about, it isn't like Spain over here the football is much more physical and higher paced.

EUROPA League Group draw:

Spartak Moscow
    PSV
    Maritmo
    West Brom

FA Community Shield
    Sunday 10th August 2014
    Wembley

West Brom 1 - 0 Tottenham
    Doumbia (65')

MOTM: Jonas Olsson

First competitive game as manager and it results with a trophy!! We was excellent against Tottenham and we stuck to our game plan to contain them all game then we smashed them on the counter-attack with our excellent bit of play. We have set ourselves a benchmark now beating the champions of last year.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 16th August 2014

The Hawthornes

West Brom 1 - 1 Tottenham
    Jones (57')

MOTM:
    Craig Dawson

Unfortunately not the same result this time round but what a fantastic point. Against the current holders we showed steel and it was them who had to change their game plan to cope with us, they only scored their goal from a controversial penalty call but I would have taken a point beforehand so we go home happy.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 23rd August 2014

Portman Road

Ipswich 2 - 3 West Brom
    Toivonen (5', 57'), Jones (45')

MOTM:
    Ola Toivonen

We controlled the match and came away from Portman Road with 3 points but the defending for the two goals we conceded needs to be worked on if we are to win games. We let goals in at ease but I don't want to be negative, offensively going forward we was excellent and Ola got a brace along with Billy Jones adding his 2nd in 2 games from the right-back position.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 30th August 2013

The Hawthornes

West Brom 2 - 1 Everton
    Doumbia (17', 54')

MOTM:
    Seydou Doumbia

Pleasing against a well organised Roberto Martinez team which are hard to break down but once I saw an ex-player of mine Carlos Marchena from Deportivo I exploited the weakness of his pace and played balls over the top which he couldn't cope with and which resulted in Seydou getting his brace.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Taylor.jpg
Views:	1753
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	403439
    Neil Taylor
    Aswell as defending he has been a constant threat going forward and has provided a few assists already.

League Table:

Name:	English Premier Division_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1669
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	403440

AndySams10 likes this.

30. September

Name:	WestBrom.jpg
Views:	1768
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	404289

We are looking to expand on our impressive start in the league this month and also begin our European campaign.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 14th September 2014

Liberty Stadium

Swansea 0 - 2 West Brom
    Ecuele Manga (38'), Casemiro (90+3')

MOTM: Bruno Ecuele Manga

A strong performance at the Liberty where Swansea was strong favorites but they have had a less than impressive start sitting at the foot of the table. Our power proved too be too much for Swansea to handle as we bullied them all game aswell as keeping a quality control on the passing.

EUROPA League
    Tuesday 18th September 2014

Philips Stadion

PSV 2 - 2 West Brom
    Casemiro (32'), Doumbia (38')

MOTM: Jeffrey Bruma

A strong result in our opening game. PSV are one of the favorites for the competition and as we was seeded as a 4th place team we have gained a very strong point away from home against the favorites, I believe we can pick up points against Spartak and Maritmo to give us a good chance of qualification.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 21st September 2014

The Hawthornes

West Brom 2 - 2 Wigan
    Morrison (7'), Toivonen (30')

MOTM: Rhoys Wiggins

Usually a draw against Wigan would be considered two points dropped but they have had a fantastic start to the season and are going strong. They was currently unbeaten in the league so to come away with a draw wasn't a disaster.

Capital One Cup 3rd Round
    Wednesday 24th September 2014

The Hawthornes

West Brom 3 - 0 Crystal Palace
    Doumbia (29'), Olsson (47'), Guidetti (90')

We gave squad rotation players a game in the cup today as it is a chance to look at players that are not playing much in the league. We came away with a comfortable 3-0 win and a clean sheet for Kasper Schmeichel which was worth noting as he was strong and confident in his shot stopping.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 28th September 2014

St James Park

Newcastle 3 - 2 West Brom
    Morrison (29'), Johnson (48')

MOTM: Mathieu Debuchy

We was completely outclassed today and Newcastle caught us out. They was fantastic and I cannot complain at the result. We was good but not good enough but it's our first loss of the season and I cannot be harsh on the lads as we have been brilliant so far.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Casemiro.jpg
Views:	1856
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	404304
    Casemiro
    The young Brazilian has controlled some games this month and popped up with some eye-catching performances.

League Table:

Name:	English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	1595
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	404310

31. Squad Introduction

Views:	2761
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	404334

Goalkeepers:

Ben Foster:
    The main keeper in the team and since joining from Birmingham in 2010 he has been ever present in the West Brom team.

Kasper Schmeichel: Despite being tipped to be one of the best goalkeepers of his generation when he was at Manchester City, he was loaned out alot and never found his feet until just recently with Leicester where he discovered his best form.

Defenders:

Vegar Eggen Hedenstad (RB, LB): The versatile Norweigan was brought in as a squad player to fill in anywhere when needed. He is a good option to have on the bench as he offers variety all over the pitch.

Jonas Olsson (CB, LB): The captain of the team, leads by example and what you see is what you get. An old school defender who isn't afraid to put a foot in.

Bruno Ecuele Manga (CB): One of the bargains of the window for me as he was regarded as one of the best defenders in France during his time at FC Lorient.

Craig Dawson (CB): One of the surprises of the season so far, he has been solid at the back and was being chased by the likes of Newcastle and Everton in the transfer window but chose to stay with us, he will be an important player for us this year.

Billy Jones (RB, LB): Brought through a brilliant academy at Crewe, Billy is a good footballer and an athlete which will get forward at any given opportunity.

Aaron Cresswell (LB): Unlucky not to have featured as much this season due to being kept out the team. Had an opportunity in the Capital One Cup but was brought off injured after 25 minutes.

Neil Taylor (LB): Player of the season so far, has been excellent when called upon and is always backwards and forwards on the pitch and seems like the lad can run forever.

Midfielders:

Juan Sanchez Mino (LM, LB, LAM): Again, Juan has been in and around the team like others but given his chance he has been average not done anything wrong but he hasn't set the world alight.

Nemanja Matic (DM): After his move to Spain in Barcelona he never really was given the chance but a loan move may help him rediscover his best form he had at Benfica. We have the option to purchase him anytime for 6m.

Gareth Barry (DM, CM): A brilliant professional who has quality in him. He was ever present for Manchester City in their title winning season three years ago and still can control a game despite being released, one of our coups.

Javi Garcia (DM, CM): Another player from Manchester City which was bought for a high fee but never was given the opportunity. I remember playing against Javi when he first come through the youth ranks at Real Madrid. He is a brilliant tackling midfielder and will provide protection for the defence.

Casemiro (DM, CM): The best value for money signing in the Premier League this season. He was overlooked at Real Madrid due to the complete spending power. When I heard he was available I snapped my old clubs hand off to complete the signing, only at 22 and 5 caps for Brazil he is always improving and showed what he is capable of this year.

Shaun Maloney (LAM, RAM): Brought in from Wigan as we was lacking wide players, he has been very unlucky so far suffering from a hip injury since joining but I'm looking forward to use him when he is back to full fitness.

Stephane Sessegnon (LAM, AM, RAM): A guy who can turn a game on its head, his direct dribbling along with his electric speed is excellent and if he was recognized earlier in his career he could have had a more successful one.

James Morrison (AM, RAM): The Scottish International has attracted alot of interest as he is a goalscoring midfielder which can play in a variety of positions and he also performs on the big stage. Man United and Liverpool was sniffing around before he signed a new contract with us.

Chris Brunt (LAM, AM, RAM): A long servant to West Brom and a player who knows how to hit a ball, he has excellent technique and although he isn't the speediest of players his quality on the ball allows that.

Adam Johnson (LAM, RAM): Another ex-Man City player which went in search of first team football with Sunderland and last year when they was relegated he was available for a knock-down price. He has the ability to test his full-back for speed or he can cut inside and unleash a deadly shot.

Strikers:

Ola Toivonen (AM, ST): The Swedish International was already here when I took over but he is an all-round player and gives you an option to play how you choose as he is strong and can hold the ball up but also he can play quick football and become a poacher.

Seydou Doumbia (ST): An out and out striker which has scored goals wherever he has been. After wanting to push himself in a better league we gave him the chance to join us in the summer which he accepted gracefully and has repaid us with 5 goals in 8 games this season.

John Guidetti (ST): A loanee from Manchester City who ripped up the Eredivisie with Feyenoord so he is a back up for us if we need a different option up top.
    BigK63 likes this.

32. Got to say your transfer dealings with West Brom are sensational. What a squad you've got to play with now! Like to see how Guidetti gets on for you.

33. Quote Originally Posted by craiigman View Post
    Got to say your transfer dealings with West Brom are sensational. What a squad you've got to play with now! Like to see how Guidetti gets on for you.
    He's getting the odd chance for me. He scored in his previous game and I'm looking to give him minutes towards the end of games and play him in the cup. He was a real hit at Feyenoord what grabbed my attention.

34. October

Views:	1478
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	404439

Just a collage of many great moments for WBA.

Transfer News: Youngsters Kisel, Babaj and Jones all loaned out for first team experience.

EUROPA League
    Thursday 2nd October 2014
    The Hawthornes

West Brom
    2 - 1 Spartak Moscow
    O.G (3'), Toivonen (88')

MOTM:
    Craig Dawson

A result which we deserved but was made to work hard for it from Spartak Moscow. We had plenty of possession but failed to penetrate them properly until the last 10 minutes when we became more direct and aggressive which Ola added the winner with two minutes to go.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 5th October 2014

The Hawthornes

West Brom 4 - 2 Southampton
    Doumbia (58', 88'), Maloney (75'), Johnson (83')

MOTM:
    Seydou Doumbia

A very, very good win against a team with a similar quality team as us. This result was excellent as we went 2-0 down and the lads carried on fighting and pushing which in the first half we didn't look like scoring at all but the heads of the players was still up and I sent them out second half asking more of the same and it worked wonders.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 18th October 2014

Stamford Bridge

Chelsea 3 - 1 West Brom
    Doumbia (36')

MOTM:
    Eden Hazard

A valuable lesson learnt by me today as a manager that we cannot play our usual game against the big guns as players of this quality picked the gaps when we chose our moments to attack and lost the ball. I have no shame in losing to Chelsea and we put in a good shift.

EUROPA League
    Thursday 23rd October 2014

The Hawthornes

West Brom 2 - 0 Maritimo
    Johnson (12'), Doumbia (85'),
    Casemiro sent off

MOTM: Neil Taylor

A good win in Europe spoiled by a red card from each team after heated affairs. Maritimo should have had a player sent off at early doors after a two footed lunge on Neil Taylor which could have left him seriously injured if caught properly and things spiraled out of control which overshadowed a good night for us in Europe.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 26th October 2014

Emirates Stadium

Arsenal 0 - 0 West Brom

MOTM:
    Bruno Ecuele Manga

Excellent and brilliant display today, I set up more defensively to contain Arsenal and try rule out Mesut Ozil in the hole. Matic did a brilliant job in tracking him all game which Ozil seemed non-existant but the defence was the reason we won today after most of the game was played in our half, the interceptions and concentration was a brilliant display, A very hard earnt point away from home.

Capital One Cup Fourth Round
    Wednesday 29th October 2014

KC Stadium

Hull 0 - 1 West Brom
    Brunt (45+1')

MOTM:
    Casemiro

A win in the cup again from the fringe players of the team only makes me have a harder headache when coming to pick the team for the league. These guys are showing me that they are eager to start. Another clean sheet for Schmeichel and three on a trot in all competitions. We move on into the Quarter-Finals which I will stick to my philosophy of using fringe players as they are the ones that got us this far.

Capital One Cup Quarter Final draw:

Arsenal v West Brom

Player Of The Month:

Name:	doumbia.jpg
Views:	1727
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	404445
    Seydou Doumbia
    The striker has sprung into action this month with 4 goals and allround excellent play.

League Table:

Views:	1444
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	404448

35. ​November

Views:	1450
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	404486

We was in for a tough month with games against Man City, PSV & Liverpool.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 1st November 2014

The Hawthornes

West Brom 3 - 3 Man City
    Toivonen (25', 49'), Morrison (41')

MOTM: Ola Toivonen

Yet again another delightful performance and we are showing we can cope with the big guns in the league. As expected, City controlled most of the possession but when we had our chances we took them, yet again after we fell behind we kept going and we got another massive result in the league today.

EUROPA League
    Thursday 6th November 2014

Estadio Dr. Jorge Sampaio

Maritimo 1 - 3 West Brom
    Barry (16', 52'), Morrison (47'), Javi Garcia sent off

MOTM: Gareth Barry

The group is looking very good for us, if we can muster some sort of result against PSV, we may be able to qualify depending on results elsewhere. Yet again another sending off in the return fixture of this game a silly red card from Javi Garcia which looked like a revenge tackle from the previous game which was silly and makes him miss the next match and 2 weeks wages will be taken from him.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 9th November 2014

The Hawthornes

West Brom 2 - 1 Norwich
    Johnson (18'), Doumbia (42')

MOTM:Graham Dorrans

A victory which wasn't the greatest performance the crowd has seen at the Hawthornes but nevertheless it is three points and we will take any scruffy three points this season. The only negative I can take from the game is that we didn't keep a clean sheet as Norwich hardly threatened our goal.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 22nd November 2014

The Hawthornes

West Brom 3 - 1 Cardiff
    Olsson (45'), Doumbia (54'), Barry (66'), Dawson sent off

MOTM: Seydou Doumbia

We are putting a nice little run together in the league, beating the teams around us which will only push us up the table. With every win comes more confidence and players showing more ability. The red card for Dawson late on was a mistake by the referee but I'm not going to criticize it because apart from that he had a fairly good game.

EUROPA League
    Thursday 27th November 2014

The Hawthornes

West Brom 0 - 0 PSV

A boring stalemate but both teams set out not to lose today. In doing so we managed to qualify for the knockout rounds which is wonderful and hopefully we manage to go on a little run in the Europa League and who knows what could happen. I know the game wasn't entertaining to watch for the fans but I'm sure they will appreciate qualifying over fancy football.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 30th November 2014

Anfield

Liverpool 0 - 1 West Brom
    Guidetti (90+4'), Jones sent off

MOTM: Blaise Matuidi

WOWWWWWW!!! What a way to finish the month and what a fantastic match. Up until half-time none of us could be seperated and after the break Liverpool came out and looked very dangerous with Coutinho and Suarez pulling the strings. My nerves was made even more worse when Billy Jones picked up his 2nd yellow card in the 68th minute. Until the 94th minute in which we was awarded a penalty when that man on loan from Manchester City, Guidetti slotted home his first league goal of the season to seal all three points at Anfield.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Barry.jpg
Views:	1576
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	404527
    Gareth Barry:
    The Vice-Captain has been sensational this month and lead the midfield by example.

League Table:

Name:	English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	1422
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	404530

36. December

Views:	1538
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	404575

Would there be a frosty reception for visitors at The Hawthorns this December?

Barclays Premier League
    Wednesday 3rd December 2014

The Boleyn Ground

West Ham 2 - 3 West Brom
    Toivonen (70'), Olsson (74'), Johnson (81')

MOTM: Aaron Cresswell

Another tight match against West Ham this time, The Hammers are a big, physical side who tried to bully us out of the game but it wasn't to be as we popped up with three late goals to seal the deal. 16 year old Sebastian Farr also made his debut for West Brom today.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 6th December 2014

The Hawthorns

West Brom 4 - 1 Bournemouth
    Doumbia (16', 30'), Casemiro (33'), Toivonen (40')

MOTM:Ola Toivonen

A match which was won by half-time and the players could actually relax for the first game this season. Bournemouth gave us an easy ride and the easiest 3 points of the season.

EUROPA League
    Thursday 11th December 2014

Saturn

Spartak Moscow 0 - 1 West Brom
    Olsson (4')

A win which sends us top of the group and hopefully we get an easier draw. An early goal from Captain Jonas Olsson was enough for us to seal the win in Russia which the conditions was minus freezing and I was proud to push the players into the changing rooms after the game.

EUROPA League First Knockout Round draw:

Dinamo v West Brom

Capital One Cup Quarter Final
    Wednesday 17th December 2014

Emirates Stadium

Arsenal 2 - 1 West Brom
    Sanchez Mino (20'), Matic sent off

MOTM: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlaine

It was disappointing to go out of the cup but it will focus our attention on the league and the Europa League. Arsenal was very good and passed us off the pitch at times but it was not a performance to be shamed of and thats what we have been like all season.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 20th December 2014

KC Stadium

Hull 1 - 2 West Brom
    Morrison (26'), Doumbia (39')

MOTM: Tom Huddlestone

A match which we could have had a double figure on our goal tally but it wasn't one of those days for us. We still managed a win though and a good sign of a good team is that you win even when things are not going your way. Doumbia is still on red hot form and keeps banging the goals in.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 27th December 2014

The Hawthornes

West Brom 4 - 1 Fulham
    Barry (40'), Morrison (63'), Ecuele Manga (67'), Cresswell (85')

Another performance of the highest class yet again this makes it 7 straight wins on the bounce in the league and its looking like we can carry on our form as we are not losing against the big teams and we are beating the teams around us comfortably. Our next big test is Man United at Old Trafford.

Barclays Premier League
    Wednesday 31st December 2014
    Old Trafford

Man Utd 0 - 0 West Brom

WHAT A FANTASTIC POINT!! Not many teams go to Old Trafford and get a point, yet again we managed to defend like heroes against one of the top teams. We didn't really attack but we did enough to keep United out which was our game plan and it worked a treat.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Morrison.jpg
Views:	1905
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	404624
    James Morrison
    With goals, assists and some wonderful performances James takes the award.

League Table:

Views:	1428
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	404625

BIG NAMED SIGNING AT THE HAWTHORNES

Name:	signing.png
Views:	1498
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	404627

37. January Transfer Window

Name:	transfer.jpg
Views:	1480
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	404660

In's:

Name Club Fee
    Sebastian Kovac RB Leipzig 1.1m
    Andrea Pirlo Juventus 625k
    Doria Benfica 3m
    Garry Henderson Dundee 2m
    Neven Subotic Dortmund 3.5m
    Keisuke Honda Man Utd 3.2m

Outs:

Name Club Fee
    Stephane Sessegnon Lens 2.5m
    Jonas Olsson Udinese 2.3m
    James Morrison Southampton 15m
    Sebastian Kovac Crawley loan

I think in this window we have done some exceptional business and improved our team even further. Making 6m profit and shedding the wage bill in getting rid of the highest earners in Olsson, Sessegnon and Morison although I didn't want to sell Morrison the money was right and I feel I brought in a better replacement in Honda who also is raising us revenue in Japan. Jonas Olsson was having a solid season but when I saw the opportunity of Doria and Subotic at bargain prices he had to go. The biggest coup and major signing of the window was Andrea Pirlo, a model professional and one of the best passers of the ball in the game at 35 he still has the quality to control the biggest of games.
    coolmcool likes this.

38. January

Name:	Pirlo.jpg
Views:	2108
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	404673

Fans have been flocking in and purchasing West Brom shirts after the arrival of Andrea Pirlo this month.

FA Cup Third Round
    Saturday 3rd January 2015

Bloomfield Road

Blackpool 1 - 1 West Brom
    Kovac (68')

MOTM: Wes Foderingham

As I put mostly a youth team out I expected such a close game, Kovac becomes the youngest ever scorer for West Brom in the world cup at 15 years old and 243 days. A great moment for the young man on his debut.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 10th January 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 3 - 0 Ipswich
    Sanchez Mino (21', 88'), Doumbia (86')

MOTM: Juan Sanchez Mino

As Ipswich are at the foot of the table so I told the players to go out there in the first 20 minutes and keep the ball away from them, they will think they don't have a chance after it. Subsequently we scored straight after and was just playing a possession game until the last 5 minutes when we scored two late goals.

FA Cup Third Round Replay
    Tuesday 13th January 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 4 - 1 Blackpool
    Toivonen (2'), Doumbia (49'), Barry (81'), Johnson (85')

After putting a little stronger team out this time round we blazed through with ease and tore Blackpool to pieces. Gareth Barry was the stand out player with three assists along with his own goal to top off his performance.

FA Cup Fourth Round draw:

Blackburn v West Brom

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 17th January 2015

Goodison Park

Everton 1 - 3 West Brom
    Doumbia (13'), Sanchez Mino (69'), Toivonen (77')

Everton have been poor this season and sat in 16th. They have just not been able to play well under the manager Gary Bowyer who took over from Roberto Martinez. We never really had to get into the next gear to push for a victory but we still played well.

Barclays Premier League
    Wednesday 21st January 2015

White Hart Lane

Tottenham 1 - 1 West Brom
    Doumbia (73')

MOTM: Gylfi Sigurdsson

Another 1-1 draw against Spurs this season, the current champions and currently top of the table. I would have taken anything before the game so to get a point was excellent and the lads can be proud of themselves for performing to a maximum level once again.

FA Cup Fourth Round
    Saturday 24th January 2015

Ewood Park

Blackburn 4 - 3 West Brom
    Maloney (24', 50'), Doumbia (41')

MOTM: David Goodwillie

David Goodwillie, 4 goals, machine, absolutely destroyed us. End of story.

Barclays Premier League
    Tuesday 27th January 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 1 - 0 Swansea
    Doumbia (8')

A single solitary goal was enough today which didn't reflect our performance. We put a passing Swansea team to shame and if we was more aggressive we could have had much more goals but we still mustered a win which is the most important thing.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 31st January 2015
    The Hawthorns

West Brom 3 - 0 Newcastle
    Toivoinen (6'), Doumbia (17'), Sanchez Mino (70')

Considering we was outplayed and outclassed against Newcaste last time round I gave the players a challenge not to do that again, and boy did we get a reaction. Some of the football was a joy to watch at times and the players looked like Brazil in their prime.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Mino.jpg
Views:	1401
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	404683
    Juan Sanchez Mino
    With 4 goals and 5 assists this month, Juan has been ever present in the starting XI and will be in the future.

League Table:

Views:	1387
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	404691

39. Wow awesome!

Do you use Pirlo at all and how does he play?
    I reccon hes like the best for tutoring anyone that wants to be a deep playmaker, advanced playmaker or halfback!

KEEP IT COMMI'N!

40. Another amazing transfer window! Also are you some sort of tactical genius or something?

41. Quote Originally Posted by Conn View Post
    Wow awesome!

Do you use Pirlo at all and how does he play?
    I reccon hes like the best for tutoring anyone that wants to be a deep playmaker, advanced playmaker or halfback!

KEEP IT COMMI'N!
    I usually rotate him with Gareth Barry as a Deep-lying playmaker and he is my new captain and I had him tutoring the 15 year-old I brought in until Crawley loaned him, if he doesn't get first team football though he will be back!

Quote Originally Posted by craiigman View Post
    Another amazing transfer window! Also are you some sort of tactical genius or something?
    Thankyou, I'm not its a basic 4-2-3-1 just with alot of instructions which I can post for you if you want.

42. February

Views:	1405
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	404809

There have been many smiles round The Hawthorns this season seeing West Brom undefeated in the league at home.

Barclays Premier League
    Tuesday 3rd February 2015

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 0 West Brom

MOTM: Ivan Ramis

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-wigan-v-west-brom_-overview-overview.png
    Explains alot, just wasn't our day.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 7th February 2015

St Mary's Stadium

Southampton 3 - 0 West Brom

MOTM: Mamadou Sakho

We got tonked by Southampton and they showed us what teams can do to us if we switch off just for a second. The only display of the season so far that I can say i'm not happy with and I let the players know that after the game. They have had such a fantastic season so far but they could let it slip if they lose their heads.

Barclays Premier League
    Tuesday 10th February 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 2 - 0 Chelsea
    Sanchez Mino (31', 73')

What a fantastic result and a brilliant bounceback from the previous two. We went out with real intent to go and win today despite our opponents as the players knew they owed eachother a win. Juan Sanchez Mino grabbed a brace in a season which he is finally finding his feet. After two red cards to England professionals John Terry & Frank Lampard it made us hanging in there a little easier.

EUROPA League First Knockout Round First Leg
    Thursday 19th February 2015

Maksimir

Dinamo 0 - 2 West Brom
    Doumbia (75'), Maloney (85')

MOTM: Shaun Maloney

Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-dinamo-v-west-brom_-overview-overview.png

Not allowing them one shot on target and having 16 ourselves I was a little disappointed we didn't score more and it was until the introduction of Shaun Maloney that anything happened, nevertheless we come away from Croatia with a two goal lead to protect and I'm sure they will be more offensive on the return fixture.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 22nd February 2015

Etihad Stadium

Man City 0 - 0 West Brom

It ended a stalemate at the Etihad and yet again we was defensively solid. The back four was yet again excellent in keeping out all of Man City's barrages and waves of attacks. A special mention to Neil Taylor who played his winger Jesus Navas out of the game and he didn't give him a chance at all.

EUROPA League First Knockout Round Second Leg
    Thursday 26th February 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 3 - 4 Dinamo (5-4 agg)
    Toivonen (25'), Johnson (32'), Honda (56')

MOTM: Mark Piromallo

WOW, What a fantastic and thrilling game which kept everybody on the edge of their toes, Dinamo come out a different team to when we played them in Croatia. They was a much better side and showed more quality about them, lucky for us we managed to do just enough in the first leg to push our noses through to the next round. But who awaits?

EUROPA League Second Knockout Round Draw:

West Brom v Zenit

Player Of The Month:

Views:	1486
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	404815
    Juan Sanchez Mino
    For the second month on the trot due to his direct dribbling abilities and his brace against Chelsea.

League Table:

Views:	1377
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	404816

Last edited by TicTactition; 05/11/2013 at 12:06 PM.
    AndySams10 likes this.

43. March

Views:	2487
Size:	796.5 KB
ID:	404875

Some of the old legends that used to play for West Brom. We face a tough month with games against Liverpool, Zenit and Arsenal.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 1st March 2015

Carrow Road

Norwich
    3 - 4 West Brom
    Honda (64', 70'), Maloney (76'), Toivonen (90')

MOTM: Keisuke Honda

The most entertaining game of the season so far!!! We was 3-0 down at Carrow Road and looked destined to lose until the introductions of Keisuke Honda and Shaun Maloney which turned the game around and heading into the last minute of the game we was awarded a penalty which Ola Toivonen dispatched expertly and sealed all three points.

EUROPA League Second Knockout Round First Leg
    Thursday 12th March 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 3 - 1 Zenit
    Sanchez Mino (36'), Johnson (53'), Toivonen (70')

We managed to take an advantage on our opponents today with excellent allround play. The wingers yet again was essential and both got a goal to their name before Ola finished off the scoring. We conceded in the 90th minute which was annoying knowing full well we could have kept a clean sheet and felt more protected whilst in Russia, but we will go there and battle hard.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 15th March 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 2 - 1 Arsenal
    Sanchez Mino (62'), Guidetti (89')

MOTM: Johan Djourou

We beat another top team which is becoming a regular occurance, we are up there with the very best in the league. A rare cameo appearance from John Guidetti who has a habit of scoring late goals in big matches to seal us the points. Yet again Sanchez Mino got himself on the scoresheet.

EUROPA League Second Knockout Round Second Leg
    Thursday 19th March 2015

Petrovsky

Zenit 0 - 3 West Brom (1-6 agg)
    Doumbia (23'), Sanchez Mino (54'), Toivonen (86')

We go through to the Quarter-Finals of the Europa League and with a performance of the highest quality. In freezing cold conditions and away from home against some very vicious fans which was hurling racist abuse at Doumbia in which he replied back with a goal and a man of the match performance.

EUROPA League Quarter Final draw:

Valencia v West Brom

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 22nd March 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 2 - 1 Liverpool
    Sanchez Mino (26'), Dawson (89')

MOTM: Casemiro

We just are blazing at the minute and no team looks capable to stop us at the minute. Our habit of scoring late goals and winning games is becoming an enjoyable re-occurrence and long may it continue. We have confidence flowing through us all and we are mounting a challenge for the top four.

Player Of The Month

Views:	1411
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	404882
    Juan Sanchez Mino
    The guy has scored in his last four matches and is in form of his own at the minute.

League Table:

Name:	English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	1344
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	404884
    Last edited by TicTactition; 05/11/2013 at 02:09 PM.

44. April

Name:  Champions League.png
Views: 1390
Size:  13.4 KB

Dare we dream just yet, West Bromwich Albion in the Champions League?

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 4th April 2015

Cardiff City Stadium

Cardiff 0 - 1 West Brom
    Pirlo (52')

MOTM: Andrea Pirlo

A moment of individual brilliance from Andrea Pirlo won us this game, a free-kick from 35 yards out straight into the top corner left the Cardiff keeper David Marshall no chance whatsoever and was enough for us to seal the game. He put in a performance of the highest class spraying the ball about, the game was all about him today.

EUROPA League Quarter Final First Leg
    Thursday 9th April 2015

Mestalla

Valencia 2 - 0 West Brom

MOTM: Adil Rami

We went down to two late goals which Valencia didn't deserve at all. We went to the Mestalla and dominated possession and a draw would of probably just been a fair result for them, but that is football and if you don't take your chances soon enough your opponents will. We will have to work extra hard to salvage anything from this tie.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 12th April 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 2 - 2 West Ham
    Doria (15'), Jones (68')

MOTM: Joey O'Brien

We are getting towards the end of the year and teams are becoming a little shaky, we didn't lose though which is a positive and two defenders was on the scoresheet which means the strikers are not scoring. I have set them a challenge to score 5 more goals between them for the rest of the season.

EUROPA League Quarter Final Second Leg
    Thursday 16th April 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 2 - 1 Valencia (2-3 agg)
    Doumbia (18'), Sanchez Mino (76')

We was unlucky today but left ourselves too much of a big task on our hands after conceding those two late goals at the Mestalla. We havn't shamed ourselves as many expected us to go out in the group stage and my players can hold their head up high.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 19th April 2015

Dean Court

Bournemouth 0 - 2 West Brom
    Doumbia (37', 90+4')

A brace from the striker after setting him a target he has responded in spectacular fashion, Bournemouth gave us a much harder game than earlier in the season where we smashed them 4-1. They are looking likely to go down though so they fighted for everything they could.

Barclays Premier League
    Wednesday 22nd April 2015

Britannia Stadium

Stoke 2 - 3 West Brom
    Doumbia (3'), Pirlo (16'), Johnson (90+1')

MOTM: Brek Shea

We somehow managed to score yet another injury time winner and it is looking more likely that we will be seeing Champions League football here next year at The Hawthorns. Stoke was very well prepared and managed to attack us in places it hurt.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 25th April 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 0 - 1 Stoke

MOTM:
    Chris Solly

I found it bizarre that we played Stoke twice in the league within three days. This time round we couldn't find a win against them and they managed to hit us hard for all three points. They adopted the physical approach and bullied us out of the game which I was a little angry about as our football should have shone through.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Pirlo.jpg
Views:	1469
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	404937
    Andrea Pirlo
    He can put a pin on a point and hit it, his range of passing was delightful and he chipped in with goals.

League Table:

Views:	1311
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	404940
    Last edited by TicTactition; 05/11/2013 at 05:45 PM.

45. Quote Originally Posted by TicTactition View Post
    I usually rotate him with Gareth Barry as a Deep-lying playmaker and he is my new captain and I had him tutoring the 15 year-old I brought in until Crawley loaned him, if he doesn't get first team football though he will be back!

Thankyou, I'm not its a basic 4-2-3-1 just with alot of instructions which I can post for you if you want.
    Yeah that would be good to have a look at if you don't mind? Screen shot will be fine, no need to upload the tactic or anything.

46. May

Name:	bpl.jpg
Views:	1643
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	405051

Now that we had secured a Champions League spot can we dream of going all the way?

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 2nd May 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 3 - 0 Hull
    Honda (13'), O.G (17'), Sanchez Mino (26')

MOTM: Doria

It's unbelievable how we have performed and we slaughtered Hull with three first half quickfire goals which I thought we was going to expand our lead but we ended up comfortable with a three goal cushion and three points towards the title.. Next up the almighty Manchester United.

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 10th May 2015

The Hawthorns

West Brom 2 - 1 Man Utd
    Doumbia (46'), Honda (76')

MOTM: Keisuke Honda

What a fantastic result and I am so nervous right now as we lead the table by two points ahead of Tottenham going into th final game of the season. In the match it was a former United player which scored the winning goal for us. Honda has been excellent since his move and played in the hole, he is one of the best in the division. It all rests on our final game of the season against Fulham. Can we make history?

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 17th May 2015

Craven Cottage

Fulham 1 - 4 West Brom
    Johnson (43'), Doumbia (48', 82'), Doria (67')

MOTM: Adam Johnson

Name:	foster.jpg
Views:	1333
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	405105

WE'VE DONE IT! WE HAVE DONE IT! THE PROUDEST MOMENT IN MY CAREER, WINNING A MAJOR COMPETITION WITH A TEAM.

We wasn't even in the running for the league this year and was predicted to finish 11th. I was brought in to steady the boat after Steve Clarke left but I couldn't have done it without my team, the backroom staff and the fans at the club. A crushing performance on the last day to win the title is what dreams are made of. We will be partying long into the early hours of tonight.

Final League Table

Views:	1320
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	405102

Awards ect next..

Last edited by TicTactition; 05/11/2013 at 06:45 PM.
    coolmcool likes this.

47. Quote Originally Posted by craiigman View Post
    Yeah that would be good to have a look at if you don't mind? Screen shot will be fine, no need to upload the tactic or anything.
    Ra?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-tactic1.pngRa?l Gonz?lez Blanco - The Prince of Madrid returned.-tactic2.png

There you go sir, I always change roles of the midfield/attackers depending on who is playing there.

48. Quote Originally Posted by TicTactition View Post
    Attachment 405171Attachment 405174

There you go sir, I always change roles of the midfield/attackers depending on who is playing there.
    Thanks! Think I may need to start adding more instructions, only been using 2/3, I thought maybe having too many would make the players do crazy things. Well to be fair your players done crazy things and won the league haha!

Did you do the same sort of thing at Deportivo as well?

Congrats on the league!

49. Quote Originally Posted by craiigman View Post
    Thanks! Think I may need to start adding more instructions, only been using 2/3, I thought maybe having too many would make the players do crazy things. Well to be fair your players done crazy things and won the league haha!

Did you do the same sort of thing at Deportivo as well?

Congrats on the league!
    Thanks and it depends on the players you have in your squad, I always like to play with wide men but we had poor ones when I came so I replaced them, at Deportivo I played a flat 4-4-1-1 but with instructions similar but to suit the players needs.

50. Wd bruva

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO