FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover

1. FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover

Click image for larger version

Name:	download (5).jpg
Views:	9186
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	407462

Introduction

After struggling to get settled so far with a club i have decided a new fresh start was needed and why not in the German leauge with none other than FC Schalke, a club very well known and a rather strong starting squad on fm so ive decided i shall try and make Schalke not only the dominant force in Germany, but the world, so lets get started!

FC Schalke

Name:	IIINNNFFFFOOOOOOOO SSSHHHHAACCKLEE.png
Views:	9203
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	407467

Name:	BBBBBBBBBB.png
Views:	9261
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	407470

Name:	REPOORRRRRTT.png
Views:	9269
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	407473

So like i said before i feel they have a rather strong team with the likes of Howedes, Farfan, Boateng and Huntelaar and not to forget youngsters Draxler and Papadopoulos, all players i will look to build the team around as with a budget of 2.5m for this season and expectations of European football hopefully i will be able to achieve these goals and work some magic in the transfer market!

Anyhow there you have it! really excited to start this one and share and let everything unfold with you guys! any questions etc please feel free to ask, next update shall be pre-season round up!

Martincz likes this.

2. Bitch please, I want at least 3 seasons this time, or I'll have you!
    SammyJH94 likes this.

3. Will be following, just about to start my own German story

4. im playing with schalke too u should sign strandberg timo werner, julian brandt i think

5. I started recently a FM13 career with Schalke with the summer update, and it is very entertaining i must say. Won the Bundesliga trophy first season, and never let it go.
    A very nice squad with high potential. I hope you enjoy your save as much as i do!

6. Pre-Season 2013

Name:	download (5).jpg
Views:	8914
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	411234

Pre-Season

Name:	results pre season.png
Views:	8837
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	411239

4 wins and 1 draw is very positive results from the team and i feel we are in good shape going in to the season and confidence is high within the squad, only concern being learning the tactics, but hopefully in another few weeks maximum the squad will be more then familiar, but overall a pleasing pre-season.

Transfers

Name:	04 TRANSFERS.png
Views:	9004
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	411255

Very quiet summer with just the two players coming in, but with a rather low wage/transfer budget and given the lack of depth in some positions im not feeling to confident about the season ahead but with the wage in the red i will have to just play it out season and hope for the best, we have a rather strong team though but will have to look to all the players to play a part and hope injuries don't effect the squad to much, happy with the players i have brought in, i hope i can add some more but its looking unlikely.

Upcoming Fixtures

Name:	upcoming 04.png
Views:	8811
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	411265

Rather big first month with German Cup straight from the off and the Champions Cup Play Offs and of course we will kick of the season.

Pre-Season Overview

Overall i felt Pre-season went fairly well, good solid results and a rather strong team going into the start of the season which i will be pushing for top 3 finish but my only concern being the wage in the red along with lack of depth in the team given what will be a rather congested fixture list given the cup and champions cup games (if we qualify) but like i said my aim for the season will be a top 3 and im confident we can achieve that and push on from there.

7. Good transfer with Honda, mate! 1.4m is a steal actually. Will be following
    SammyJH94 likes this.

8. how do you put the pictures big like that ?

9. FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-download-5-.jpg

August

One man show in German Cup 1st Rnd

Very frustrating opening to the season

Jermaine Jones wants to move to bigger club

Double against PSV in Play off's

Super sub Clemens wonder strike completes great comeback

Name:	upcoming 04.png
Views:	8846
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	412498

German Cup 1st Rnd
    Bielefeld 1-4 Schalke
    Huntelaar(4)

Competitive debut opens up with a win although a slight scare as the opener was actually for the opponents but Huntelaar showed why he is one on the best in the team, smashing 4 goals past a helpless defense to move the team on to the second round.

---------------

First Division
    Schalke 3-3 Freiburg
    Matip, Huntelaar, Draxler

Very frustrating match, the slow start cost us as we were 2-0 down within 30 minutes but played well to get back into the game but with two key chances missed and hit the woodwork twice in the end it was a rather poor result.

---------------

First Division
    Werder Bremen 3-2 Schalke
    Huntelaar(2)

Another very frustrating game given the stats were more in our favor but we failed to make them count and in the end lose out in a game we deserved more in.

---------------

Play Off 1st Leg
    Schakle 1-0 PSV
    Goretzka

Although the win gives us the edge for the 2nd leg i felt a little dissapointed yet again as we should of win by 3 or 4 and have killed the tie and been able to rest a few key players for the second leg but happy in the end to have the advantage for the away match.

---------------

First Divison
    Schakle 2-1 Gladbach
    Huntelaar(2)

So glad to have picked up our first 3 points in the table but we were made to work for them as Gladbach proved no pushovers but we did dominate for large periods of the game and Huntelaar popped up with a late goal to give us a deserved win.

---------------

Play Off's 2nd Leg
    PSV 1-3 Schakle
    OG, Farfan(2)

Very happy with this result as i was expecting PSV to really come out and attack us and given our rocky start to the season i felt we played very well especially away from home to run out deserved winners with 3 goals.

---------------

First Division
    Hertha BSC 1-2 Schalke
    Draxler, Clemens

The month ended in style with another 3 points but it was another 3 points that the team had to work very hard for, after going down 1-0 to the most stupid own goal i think i have ever seen the team came out the second half and responded well to my team talk getting an early goal to get the momentum on our side and on the 77th minute super sub Clemens scored an absolute wonder goal from about 30 yards out to give us the 3 points, great comeback.

Name:	results 04.png
Views:	8677
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	412503

Player of the Month

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Name:	images (8).jpg
Views:	8698
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	412505

9 goals from 7 games says it all.

Group A

Name:	Group A.png
Views:	8675
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	412511

Well it wasn't the easiest group for sure but a top 3 should be easy but our Partizan games and home matches against the bigger teams will be key but i wont be to hard done by if i finish 3rd and go into Euro Cup.

Upcoming Fixtures

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	8688
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	412512

League Position - 4th (will post table after 2-3 months into season)

Last edited by SammyJH94; 13/11/2013 at 02:56 PM.

10. FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-download-5-.jpg

September

Late thriller against Bayern

Solid start to CL Group

Solid month of league results

Shocker in German Cup 2nd Rnd

Views:	8686
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	412930

First Division
    Schalke 1-0 FC Bayern
    Huntelaar

Great result against the best team in the league who were top with 4 wins from 4 before this game, was fairly even 90 minutes but a late brace from Huntelaar gave us a hard fought and very well worked 3 points. Great win.

---------------

CL Group A
    Partizan 0-2 Schalke
    Clemens, Fuchs

Kicked off Group A in style by dominating this game, Partizan should count themselves lucky it was only 2-0.

---------------

First Division
    Hoffenheim 0-3 Schalke
    Howdes(2), Huntelaar

Another solid away game to get another well deserved 3 points on the table.

---------------

German Cup 2nd Rnd
    Kaiserslauten 2-2 Schalke (AET) (2-1P)
    Matip, Szalai

With confidence high i made alot of changes for this game and after a poor 90 minutes at 1-1 we conceded early into extra time but with 2 minutes to go we managed to snatch a second goal but with a poor shootout we came out second best to a team we really should be beating but as it was only 2nd Rnd it now lets me focus more on the league and CL and our fixture list wont be as congested now, but very poor game.

---------------

First Division
    Schalke 3-0 Nurnberg
    Howdes, Honda, Draxler

Was a bit worried after our disaster result mid-week in the cup but the lads came out even more determined to get back on form and that's exactly what they did, superb response to get yet another well deserved win.

Views:	8601
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	412932

Player of the Month

Christian Clemens

FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-images-9-.jpg
    Not regarded as a starting 11 player but after his positive start to the season he will be challenging Farfan on the right side, great month for Christian.

Upcoming fixtures

Views:	8580
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	412942

League Position - 1st

Will show CL Group next post as we only played the 1 game

11. FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-download-5-.jpg

October

Schalke struggle in a pretty tough month of games

Howdes out for 2 months minimum

Helpless at the hands of Chelsea

Views:	2116
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	414992

Group A
    Schalke 1-1 Juventus
    Huntelaar

Scored 20 seconds into this one and had a few key chances to go 3 or 4 nil up but sadly we failed to make them count and Juventus managed to snatch a goal near the end of the game.

---------------

First Division
    HSV 2-3 Schalke
    Honda(2), Clemens

HSV really brought the game to us and if it wasn't for an amazing display from Honda we would of been lucky to take a point, pretty even game at times but only difference was we managed to take our chances to grab a well worked 3 points.

---------------

First Division
    Schalke 2-2 Dortmund
    Farfan, Huntelaar

Actually dissapointed to only take 1 point as we dominated this game against a rather struggling Dortmund side.

-------------

Group A
    Chelsea 4-0 Schalke

Chelsea just had the perfect game, we were outclassed.

---------------

First Division
    Leverkusen 0-0 Schalke

Bore draw.

Views:	2061
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	415000

Player of the Month

Keisuke Honda

Name:	download (6).jpg
Views:	2128
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	415009

Nobody played well this month that stood out for POTM but the only win of the month was all cause of this lad.

League Table

Name:	table o4.png
Views:	2287
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	415011

Upcoming Fixtures

Views:	2061
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	415014

Jasonlfc96 likes this.

12. FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-download-5-.jpg

November

Board inject 3.5m for transfers

Destroy Augsburg with a helping hand from Huntelaar

Jones now decides he'd like to stay

1 Group A game remaining with things couldn't be tighter for top 2

Views:	1993
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	421645

First Division
    Schalke 7-1 Augsburg
    Papadopoulos, Matip, Boateng, Huntelaar(4)

Biggest win so far and was fully deserved, played amazing and Huntelaar pretty much destroyed the opponents with a full deserved man of the math performance.

​---------------

Group A
    Schalke 2-2 Chelsea
    Szalai, Matip

Considering the opponents this was a fair result, kinda wanted to win and get revenge for our heavy defeat

​---------------

First Division
    Wolfsburg 0-0 Schalke

A rather satisfying draw against a tough opponents, was rather 50/50 with no real chances either.

​---------------

First Division
    Schalke 1-0 Braunschweig
    Santana

It of all the people, Santana saved us from a rather embarrassing draw with a late header to secure us a vital 3 points, he hasn't played very much this season due to poor form and making quite a few mistakes every game he has been in so was nice to see him snatch the winner in a game i wasn't even going to play him in, lucky i did!

​---------------

Group A
    Schalke 2-0 Partizan
    Draxler, Clemens

2 victories out of 2 against Partizan to now secure a top 3 finish no matter what happens in the last game of the group.

​---------------

First Division

Frankfurt 0-1 Schalke
    Draxler

Frankfurt made this one hard but we managed to pull through with an early second half goal proved to be enough to see the game through and gain yet another vital 3 points to keep pushing up the table.

Views:	1975
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	421652

Player of the Month

Lars Unnerstall

Name:	download (7).jpg
Views:	2001
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	421649

Lar's has had a very impressive month and at only 23 he still has a good couple years for improving!

Group A

Views:	1946
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	421657

One game remaining against Juventus but even with a win its very unlikely Chelsea will even draw never mind lose to Partizan but i am happy with going into the Euro Cup and see how far i can go.

Upcoming Fixtures

Views:	1939
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	421661

Sorry for lack of updates guys this story is still going and im really enjoying it iv'e just been really busy but hopefully you guys are still following and enjoying the posts and the story!

13. I'm following. Also this is one of the best laid out stories on here. Keep it up
    SammyJH94 likes this.

14. Quote Originally Posted by jstewart85 View Post
    I'm following. Also this is one of the best laid out stories on here. Keep it up
    Thanks man glad your enjoying it

15. FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-download-5-.jpg

December

Going strong in league

Late shocker away to Juventus

Missed out on last 16 on goal difference

Drawn Atromitos in Euro Cup

Name:	Untitled (1).png
Views:	1920
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	423511

First Division
    Schalke 3-1 Mainz
    Huntelaar(2), Fuchs

Rather quiet after his 4 goals last month but Huntelaar return in style smashing 2 past Mainz and help us push on in the league.

---------------

Group A
    Juventus 1-2 Schalke
    Matip, Kolasinac

YES! although this win wasn't enough to secure top 2 what a result! a late header from Matip stole us a win against a very hard team! great for the confidence.

---------------

First Division

Stuttgart 0-2 Schalke
    Huntelaar(2)

Will he ever stop dominating!? another 2 for the man of the moment on some real amazing form this season! pretty easy victory against a rather struggling Stuttgart side.

---------------

First Division
    Schalke 2-1 Hannover
    Huntelaar, Farfan

Dominated the game and should of been up by more than 2 but a late goal for Hannover made it look like a different story, but good result against a side on some real good form.

Views:	1874
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	423515

Player of the Month

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-images-8-.jpg

Amazing season so far for Huntelaar, 22 goals in 25 games says it all really..

League Table

Name:	table.png
Views:	1944
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	423517

Group A Standings

Views:	1867
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	423513

Cant be too hard on the team given the group and how much of a fight we actually put up in the end! so more than happy with my debut in the CL with Schalke and excited to have a challenge at the Euro Cup!

Last edited by SammyJH94; 27/11/2013 at 07:57 PM.

16. FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-download-5-.jpg

January

Friendly
    Schalke 3-0 Koln
    Szalai, Farfan, Papadopoulous

---------------

Friendly
    Schalke 2-0 Dusseldorf
    Matip, Huntelaar

Both friendlies not to serious and gave me a chance to give some of the promising players some game time.

---------------

First Division
    Freiburg 0-2 Schalke
    Matip(2)

Matip saved the day with 2 headers in a game we couldn't really seem to get any key chances in apart from set-pieces.

---------------

First Division
    Schalke 1-0 Werder Bremen
    Fuchs

Dominated the game but somehow we just couldn't take our chances as we had more than a few! but 3 points in the end.

Views:	1770
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	427209

Transfer Activity

Rather quiet transfer period with more people going out on Loan and Jones has signed a deal to leave at the end of the season on a free, speaking of free transfers we have Sergio Romero joining us at the end of the season, very solid looking goalkeeper!

Name:	Sergio Romero.png
Views:	1897
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	427212

Upcoming Fixtures

Views:	1773
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	427211

Due to the very short month i left most things out and also realised that on December post i had the wrong screenshot on Upcoming Fixtures so sorry for the error guys! will have the February Post out tonight, thanks for reading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-untitled-1-.png  

17. FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-download-5-.jpg

February

Big shock away to Gladbach

Double header in Euro Cup against Atromitos

Form Flying high takes a dent this month

League table heating up with Bayern and Schalke

Views:	1852
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	427480

First Division

Gladbach 4-0 Schalke

After 9 straight competitive wins and only conceding 1 goal in 6 games we somehow fell helplessly to a solid Gladbach side with the help of 2 penalties and an own goal, good run had to end sooner or later but was very annoying to go down like this, just have to keep our chins up and move on swiftly.

---------------

First Division
    Schalke 2-0 Hertha BSC
    Draxler, Huntelaar

Picked ourselves up after the last game to get the all important 3 points.

---------------

First Division
    FC Bayern 2-0 Schalke

Knew this would be a hard one but to lose to two goals in the last 8 minutes makes me feel a little hard done by but we did knick a win against this lot earlier in the season so cant have to many complaints given the quality of the side.

---------------

Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rnd 1st Leg
    Atromitos 0-1 Schalke
    Matip

An early goal from Matip was the only key moment in the game and enough to give us a massive away goal and the edge going into the second leg, although i regret not going more attacking as we could of easily grabbed 2 or 3 in this one given the stats.

---------------

First Division
    Schalke 1-1 Hoffenheim
    Fuchs

Just couldn't seem to find the net in a poor result against a side we should always be beating especially at home, getting worried now, dropping silly points when we really need them most.

---------------

Euro Cup 1st Knockout Rnd 1st Leg
    Schalke 0-0 Atromitos (1-0)

Pretty annoyed as very similar to the last game we failed to make our chances pay but Atromotis posed no threat and didn't even have a shot the whole game but wish we had won this game, although through to the next round and will face Russian outfit Anji.

Views:	1797
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	427483

Player of the Month

Joel Matip

Name:	images (10).jpg
Views:	1809
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	427479

League Table

Views:	1829
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	427473

Upcoming Fixtures

Name:	1.png
Views:	1780
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	427476

Last edited by SammyJH94; 29/11/2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Hector89 likes this.

18. Great story, mate. Doing a Schalke save myself. Snapped up Antonio Candreva on a pre-contract during the first season. An absolute gem who can finish and assist way better than Farfan.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Hector89 View Post
    Great story, mate. Doing a Schalke save myself. Snapped up Antonio Candreva on a pre-contract during the first season. An absolute gem who can finish and assist way better than Farfan.
    Thanks alot mate glad your enjoying it! ah nice one, Farfan has been doing pretty well for me as well as Clemens! But there is a few really good youngsters in the squad, much more than i actually thought!

20. FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-download-5-.jpg

March

Tight top 2 with 6 games to go

Double header against Anji in Euro Cup

Rather average youth intake with nothing special

Late wonder strike from Boateng saves a poor slip up

Name:	1 (1).png
Views:	1756
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	428613

First Division
    Nurnberg 0-0 Schalke

Pretty poor draw to add to the rather shaky form of late.

---------------

First Division
    Schalke 2-1 HSV
    Fuchs, Huntelaar

Glad to pick up this win especially in front of our own fans, big 3 points.

---------------

Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Rnd 1st Leg
    Anji 1-2 Schalke
    Farfan, Howdes

Anji were lucky to even score here in what was a rather one sided affair.

---------------

First Division
    Dortmund 2-2 Schalke
    Huntelaar(2)

Given the last month or so we haven't been as consistent we took our chances well on this one to grab a well earned draw.
    ---------------

Euro Cup 2nd Knockout Rnd 2nd Leg

Schalke 2-1 Anji (4-2)
    Huntelaar(2)

Anji picked up the pace on this one and had spells of causing danger but we have Huntelaar who smashes us into the QF where we will play Udinese.

---------------

First Division
    Schalke 2-0 Leverkusen
    Farfan(2)

Struggled at times on this one but having more quality paid off in the end with Farfan picking up 2 late goals.

---------------

First Division
    Augsburg 0-1 Schalke
    Boateng

Played poor all game and it hit 91 minutes and super sub Boateng unleashed a wonder strike from around 30 yards out to send me flying of my seat! and to give us a well needed 3 points and saves us the embarrassment.

Views:	1704
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	428615

Player of the Month

Christian Fuchs

Name:	download (8).jpg
Views:	1733
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	428696

League Table

Views:	1746
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	428619

Upcoming Fixtures

Views:	1678
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	428618

21. Going great mate, despite the slip ups in the league, really enjoying it.

22. April - May (End of Season)

With the title and Euro Cup still up for grabs lets see how how i got on with the end of my 1st year in charge!...

Views:	1750
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	429164

EURO Cup Qtr Finals 1st Leg
    Udinese 4-2 Schalke
    Boateng, Meyer

------------------

First Division
    Schalke 1-0 Wolfsburg
    Huntelaar

------------------

EURO Cup Qtr Finals 2nd Leg
    Schalke 3-0 Udinese (5-4)
    Huntelaar, Matip, OG

------------------

First Division
    Braunschweig 0-0 Schalke

------------------

First Division
    Schalke 2-1 Frankfurt
    Draxler, Uchida

------------------

EURO Cup Semi Finals 1st Leg
    Schalke 3-1 Shakhtar
    Huntelaar(3)

------------------

First Division
    Mainz 0-2 Schalke
    Farfan, Huntelaar

------------------

EURO Cup Semi Finals 2nd Leg
    Shakhtar 1-0 Schalke (2-3)

------------------

First Division
    Schalke 2-1 Stuttgart
    Meyer, Clemens

------------------

First Division
    Hannover 1-2 Schalke
    Goretzka, Neustadter

------------------

EURO Cup Final
    Schalke 2-1 Valencia
    Clemens, Huntelaar

Views:	1732
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	429173

Player of the Month

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Name:	images (8).jpg
Views:	1824
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	429181

League Table (2013-2014)

Views:	1790
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	429193

Views:	1736
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	429189

My Top 3 Season Performers

1. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

2. Joel Matip

3. Christian Fuchs

Season Review

Phew! what a season! won the League title on my 1st attempt and the EURO Cup which was a nice ending to the season! very pleased with my first year here and really enjoying the save! got some great young players that we can build around and keep up the good work seasons to come, hopefully the club give me a bit of money to work with for the new season ahead! hope you guys are all enjoying the story as much as i am!

Jasonlfc96, Ramiza and Andras99 like this.

23. Took a break from Football Manager for a few months and now that im up for playing again just decided instead of starting over i will continue this save since i was enjoying it!

Jumped on the save there for the first time since November and ive already done all my friendlies and transfers and i'm at the 1st game of the season i just never got around to posting it up so ill get to grips with it again and start posting the story here for you guys to see how it goes.
    SwiftNG and Infernoss like this.

24. yayy
    SammyJH94 likes this.

25. Click image for larger version

Name:	fffill.jpg
Views:	1139
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	549495

Pre-Season/ Transfers

Name:	transfers.png
Views:	1270
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	549496

Out of all the transfers the stand out decision is of course to let Huntelaar leave considering he was top goalscorer for us and best player by a clear mile but as he was getting older i felt it was time to cash out on him to be able to use the money (along with the other players sold) and bring in more depth and quality to the team.

As for players bought Luuk De Jong will have some big boots to now Huntelaar is gone, most of the signing are well known players and i feel will add something different to the side along with some very promising players in Zouma, Mitrovic and De Ceglie and the others as said before will add more depth and give us more options.

Name:	freindliezzzzz.png
Views:	1114
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	549499

As always for me Pre-Season is all about getting back to full fitness and trying to get the new players to blend in with the team as quick as possible and in my eyes it went rather well, we played some good football and our younger players are looking very positive.

As for the Super Cup we pulled of a great result in a match that really shouldn't have gone our way but as proven before against Bayern we take our chances and we did well to force almost all there shots from outside the box, great victory and we grab our first trophy of the season and i hope many more to come!

Name:	vs bayern super cup.png
Views:	1162
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	549506

Upcoming Fixtures

Name:	upcoming.png
Views:	1098
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	549509

Straight into the season with German Cup and we have round 2 with Bayern already for the Euro Super Cup! should be a big game in what looks a rather straight forward opening month apart from our last game of course!

26. Made an account to react on this thread. Because of your story and some other stories i also started with Schalke. Playing a 4 2 3 1 without wingers. And doing pretty decent, had a really nice win against bayern (4-0) as Huntelaar is a god. Sold farfan to use the money for a new keeper. Wanted zieler but they wouldn't let him go for even 15 mil or more. So decided to buy Timo Horn for just 4,5 mil and milan badelj to strengthen my center. Also tried to sign martin montoya, however he wanted 60k. And therefore i am still looking for a good replacement for Ushida as i dont like him as a defender. Is real quality in attack but when defending most wingers outplay him pretty easily. You know any good replacement? And how is Luuk de Jong doing for you? Also thinking about him for a replacement of Huntelaar.

And also wondering what formation you play .

27. Hi all,

This is my first time through the game, and my career started over in England with Leicester, but I moved to FC Shalke 04 in November of 2014. I've managed to pull us back from the bottom half and we're currently sitting 4th. But I've had a hard time generating attempts on goal against top half clubs FC Bayeren, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, Hannover, etc. I'm only averaging 10-15 shots on goal, with less than half of those on target. I left the Champions League in the group stage after a loss to Man City where we only generated 5 shots. I play an attacking style 4-1-1-3-1 (4-5-1). The formation and starting eleven are below; Any changes that you guys can see to help increase attack success?

BTW, one of my boardroom goals is to play attacking soccer, and challenge for the title; so I really need to increase shots on target.

Thanks for the advice,

-J-

FC Schalke 04 - Bundesliga Takeover-capture.png

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO