View Poll Results: How Long Till I get East Stirling to the SPL with only youth players?

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • 3 (Minimum)

2 5.26%
  • 4 - 8

19 50.00%
  • 8-12

10 26.32%
  • +12

7 18.42%
Like Tree42Likes

The Youth Of East Stirling...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

1. dude, i'm new to fm base and your story is the ultimate one that i've found. the east stirling part was quality and i'd like to see you become better than them with fraserburgh! good luck my friend.
    kiedude likes this.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bradpar89 View Post
    dude, i'm new to fm base and your story is the ultimate one that i've found. the east stirling part was quality and i'd like to see you become better than them with fraserburgh! good luck my friend.
    Dude that means alot! I'm also relatively new to FM Base so getting some positive feedback is really encouraging!

3. Quote Originally Posted by kiedude View Post

One transfer, and a great one at that, for 250k

Attachment 444527

Had interest from Man City and Arsenal but we stole him

#FMMemories

4. Fraserburgh Mid Season Update

This season has been a little disappointing tbh, but I didn't expect much, so I can't blame the players for that. Also I'll switch up my tactics for the second half of the season, and see if that has an effect (Going back to the East Stirlingshire one that got me to the Premier League)

League & Fixtures

Name:  Scottish League 2_ Overview Stages.png
Views: 295
Size:  112.3 KB

Name:  Fraserburgh_ Fixtures Schedule.png
Views: 322
Size:  291.4 KB

So as you can see, this hasn't been the best period of my FM career

Player of the Season (so far)

Name:  Sandy Gilhaney_ Overview Attributes.png
Views: 322
Size:  224.8 KB

Hardly our best player, but leads in assists for the club, and you can tell his presence means a lot on the pitch (5 games without him, 0 wins... Coincidence?)

Transfers

2 signings which will improve depth and quality, as well as youth, and should make a difference for the second half of our s
    eason

Name:  Dene Murdoch_ Overview Attributes.png
Views: 327
Size:  208.5 KB

Name:  David Gordon_ Overview Attributes.png
Views: 310
Size:  216.9 KB

David has great determination, as well as other mentals, so he should do a job. Dave has decent mentals, as well as physicals and both aren't technically gifted at all (as you'd expect at this level)

Oh, and one more thing. The youth challenge won't be happening with this team (maybe I could do under 23s or something, we'll see) for the simple reason that I don't have enough time to scout the players anymore, and anyway, it'll mean more updates quicker

Youth intake to come.

5. how did you manage to get them in to the game

6. Quote Originally Posted by gersdude View Post
    how did you manage to get them in to the game
    They came in with time... I'm in the year 2031 so a lot of different teams are there. Same reason Formartine and Wick are there.

7. Fraserburgh Youth Intake

Name:  Fraserburgh Youth Candidates_ Squad Players.png
Views: 283
Size:  192.7 KB
    Name:  Kyle McBain_ Overview Profile.png
Views: 283
Size:  262.5 KB

Name:  Gary McLeod_ Overview Attributes.png
Views: 292
Size:  211.8 KB

​A successful intake, we had more decent players but these two were the best. Some exciting prospects, Kyle has Championship potential.

End of season update to come

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Youth Of East Stirling...-ross-phillips_-overview-attributes.png  

8. Just sat here and read this.. Please make sure you continue! Inspiring me to do my own youth challenge also, plus its a good read Keep up the good work!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by SwiftNG View Post
    Just sat here and read this.. Please make sure you continue! Inspiring me to do my own youth challenge also, plus its a good read Keep up the good work!!
    Thanks Youth challenges can be frustrating but so rewarding at times, and something different from playing normally.

10. End of season update with Fraserburgh

So, were we able to rebuild some form for 2031?

Views: 233
Size:  296.2 KB

Yes! Some interesting facts about 2031 so far, we've only had one away win and only two home losses.

So where did this leave us in the league?

Views: 221
Size:  116.8 KB

A solid 5th position, shame we couldn't hit playoffs, but from 8th on matchday 20 to 5th by 36 is still a decent turnaround and shows how much influence the signings had

League stats

Name:  Scottish League 2_ Stats Player.png
Views: 218
Size:  265.2 KB

Name:  Scottish League 2_ Stats Team.png
Views: 246
Size:  213.7 KB

Nothing major here by us, couple things here and there but really nothing

Also, have a look at the player who dominated goals scored and average rating

Name:  Nicky Robertson_ Overview Profile.png
Views: 204
Size:  261.6 KB

He's awful! How does he do it? Half decent physicals to be fair

Player of the Season

Name:  John Harper_ Overview Profile.png
Views: 230
Size:  261.5 KB

Missed a few games but when he played he was our star. Good yound prospect, hopefully we'll see him in the future.

Signing of the Season

Name:  David Gordon_ Overview Attributes.png
Views: 209
Size:  224.6 KB

Didn't get a high average rating somehow, but was so influencial it'd be impossible not to give it to him.

Game(s) of the season

Name:  Arbroath v Fraserburgh_ Overview Overview.png
Views: 228
Size:  262.8 KB

Name:  Fraserburgh v Arbroath_ Overview Overview.png
Views: 226
Size:  268.3 KB

We like scoring 4 early goals against Arbroath

The other leagues

Premiership

Name:  Scottish Premiership_ Overview Stages.png
Views: 217
Size:  127.4 KB

Damn zombies! Shouldn't even be a team yet won the league... Typical.

Championship

Name:  Scottish Championship_ Overview Stages.png
Views: 229
Size:  118.1 KB

Sad to see Airdrie go down, considering I grew up a 5 minute walk away from their stadium, and sad to see Hearts go up, since, well, their Hearts

League One

Name:  Scottish League 1_ Overview Stages.png
Views: 217
Size:  114.8 KB

I'm neutral here, no team I particularly like/dislike, so nothing to say

Pre season update to come, where I'll talk about my goals for next season, as well as all the normal stuff

Last edited by kiedude; 02/05/2014 at 08:55 PM.

11. 2031-2032 Pre Season

This is the make or break season. Our finances are slipping and I fear another season in this league could send them too low

We HAVE to get promoted.

So what new talent are we working with to achieve these goals?

Transfers

Name:  Fraserburgh_ Transfers Transfer History.png
Views: 337
Size:  150.8 KB

Name:  Garry Reid_ Overview Attributes.png
Views: 330
Size:  210.3 KB

Name:  Willie Murray_ Overview Attributes.png
Views: 335
Size:  213.0 KB

Yeah, I wished for much better going into the window, Murray is our first team goalkeeper, which is hard to take in considering he's awful. Reid is decent, can hopefully play a role for us this season, adds to the skillful pick of CM's we have

Friendlies

Name:  Fraserburgh_ Fixtures Schedule-2.png
Views: 340
Size:  279.4 KB

A fairly succesful friendly period, most of which was for raising money, the rest for morale

Season Preview

Name:  Scottish League 2_ Overview Season Preview.png
Views: 332
Size:  328.9 KB

Much better odds than last years 40-1, recently relegated Elgin are favorites for the title

Mid season uptate to come

12. Can you check for a player for me? his name is Liam Paterson.. i want to check to see how he turned out as he is a mate of mine from school haha... he plays/played for Formartine

13. Quote Originally Posted by MatthewElphinstone View Post
    Can you check for a player for me? his name is Liam Paterson.. i want to check to see how he turned out as he is a mate of mine from school haha... he plays/played for Formartine
    Couldn't find him

14. Quote Originally Posted by kiedude View Post
    Couldn't find him
    Ah, probably retired and never took up coaching! nae bother!! cheers anyway

15. Quote Originally Posted by MatthewElphinstone View Post
    Ah, probably retired and never took up coaching! nae bother!! cheers anyway
    Found him on a save I made with Ross County, will add him to my shortlist and see if anything happens with him

16. Really good read, mate. Did something similar a couple of years back, also with the mighty East Stirlingshire - one of the most rewarding saves I've ever done. Keep up the good work though, you've got a good thing going.

17. Quote Originally Posted by cZeur View Post
    Really good read, mate. Did something similar a couple of years back, also with the mighty East Stirlingshire - one of the most rewarding saves I've ever done. Keep up the good work though, you've got a good thing going.
    Cheers mate, can be tough at times but so rewarding when you achieve a huge goal. Hopefully I can repeat the success I've had with The Shire in Fraserburgh

18. Mid Season Update

So given how I said we needed promotion, are our squad living up to what was expected of them?

Views: 280
Size:  297.7 KB

Views: 268
Size:  112.1 KB

WOW! We came of the mark by far the best, had a little slip up, but recovered and started to put this division to shame. The best part has been the tiny amount of boring games there's been, I can only think of one. Surprisingly Morton are second and Elgin are 9th, but if I'm top, I don't care

Cups

Warning while I can, if you're a Dundee fan, look away... NOW

Name:  Fraserburgh_ Fixtures Schedule-2.png
Views: 292
Size:  141.8 KB

Name:  Fraserburgh_ Fixtures Schedule-3.png
Views: 271
Size:  150.3 KB

Name:  Fraserburgh_ Fixtures Schedule-4.png
Views: 276
Size:  147.4 KB

We beat Dundee twice! A team two divisions above us! It gives something to look at so you can ignore the fact that we lost to East Fife in the most important cup, but whatever

No transfers, and given that I'm ?292 over my wage budget I doubt there will be

​End of season update to come. Can we hang onto the title?

19. Doing good so far, keep going with this!
    kiedude likes this.

20. Hopped on the old version of the save where I was still at East Stirling and I did this... The Youth Of East Stirling...-kie-dude_-news-inbox.png
    Safc-mad-scotty likes this.

21. Dude, can you teach me how to be this good? haha

22. Would anyone like to see me keep going with Fraserburgh, but also have another save with East Stirling (with same players and everything for both teams, don't worry) and on one save I'll try to dominate Europe with The Shire and on the other I'll bring Fraserburgh up to beat East Stirling?

23. You should continue with this save as a main one but maybe the shire one as a background one like an update twice a week or something?
    kiedude likes this.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Bradpar89 View Post
    You should continue with this save as a main one but maybe the shire one as a background one like an update twice a week or something?
    Yeah I think I'll go with that, should be easier to get Fraserburgh updates out, and I'll keep East Stirling for every so often and I won't go in as much depth on it. Cheers for the feedback.

25. Has this stopped?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Bradpar89 View Post
    Has this stopped?
    Sorry if it goes inactive at times, been busy with other saves, never even noticed this comment

27. Fraserburgh Youth Intake

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fraserburgh Youth Candidates_ Squad Players.png
Views:	780
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	592531

All terrible, not even worse looking at any

​End of season update to come

28. Name:  20fb433dd09cf154987ef7ca89b94a76.png
Views: 197
Size:  130.5 KB

​Yep