• 1 Post By LovanoFM

A Cardiff City Story

1. A Cardiff City Story

Click image for larger version

Name:	logo.jpg
Views:	1866
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	412892

The Cardiff City story is back! Last year I made this story and had amazing success with them. Here is the link if anyone is interested in it: Lovano's Journey

The Format: This story will be in monthly updates to keep me interested and to keep you guys hooked

---CLUB INFORMATION---

Name:	fm base.png
Views:	1834
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	412893
    Our rivals are Swansea and it will be fun to play against them in the BPL. The club has quite a lot of loan debt so I will be looking to get that clear as soon as possible to ensure we can make the most out of the funds given to us. Predicted to finish 19th but in my FM13 story I came 4th in the first season so I am hoping I can emulate that success here.

---MEET THE SQUAD---

Goalkeepers

Views:	1726
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	412896

David Marshall has performed very well in real life so far especially against my team Spurs picking up the 2nd highest amount of saves in one game. Simon Moore has decent potential and will be our back up. Joe Lewis is your average Championship keeper and I think I will be looking to sell him on.

Defenders

Views:	1830
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	412904

Catherine is going to be a very good RB and definitely my first choice for the upcoming season. Steven Caulker is a very talented young English centre back and will be our CB for many years to come. McNaughton will most likely be sold and Connolly will be used as back up for Catherine and Taylor. Partnering Caulker will be Hudson or I may try and sign a younger CB.

Midfielders

Views:	1797
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	412908

The midfield is where the real talent lies in this side I think. Gary Medel and Jordan Mutch have the right balance off Attack and defence in them, I will most likely use Mutch as the playmaker and Medel to break up the play. Noone will probably be sold as he will not cut it this season. Gunnarsson and Kyung are very decent players and I will be looking to rotate them as much as possible to ensure they get enough game time. Cowie and Whittingham are very decent wingers that will do the job but I think I will be looking to sign another winger or two that have pace to suit the tactic I am going to play.

Strikers

Views:	1758
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	412923

There is alot of players in this category that can play on the wings and I will probably use some of them to play on the wings. My main striker is going to be Cornelius because in my FM13 save he was amazing alongside Fierro. Bellamy is a club legend and will be used as much as possible to keep the fans happy. Mason is a decent enough player and is also quite young so he will only progress.

The Tactics

4-5-1 v2

Views:	1933
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	412925

The first tactic is W4NKER's 4-5-1 v2 which will be for the away games and home games against the top teams.

4-4-2 JASSAR

Views:	1810
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	412927

The second tactic is Jassars 4-4-2 Modern Warfare 14.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the more in depth approach to the story. The Longford Town save will still continue but this is going to be my main priority as I want to try and emulate my success that I got last year with Cardiff.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Cardiff City Story-fm-base.png  
    Safc-mad-scotty likes this.

2. Click image for larger version

Views:	1814
ID:	412968

PRE SEASON

Views:	1729
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	412971

Overall, spending 7.7 million pounds and bringing in 2.7 is a decent window for us going into our first season in charge.

Views:	1774
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	412972

Franco Zuculini is a very good player on a free transfer. His stats suit a ball winning midfielder role and that is where I will be looking to play him. He is still very young at the age of 22 so I am hoping he can improve as the seasons pass.

Views:	1806
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	412975

I signed this guy in FM13 for this save and he proved to be well worth the 2.4 million I spent on him. He cost me 4.7 million this time but I am positive he will do the same job as last year and hit the ground running when the first game comes.

Views:	1751
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	412978

Another Palermo player joins us and this time it is Hernandez. We signed him for 3 million and at 22 years old his stats are pretty solid. He provides the pace and Cornelius will provide the height so I can sense a very decent partnership forming in the near future.

Fixtures

Views:	1711
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	412984

Overall, a decent pre season winning 3 of the 6 games and the remaining games ended in draws. An unbeaten pre season should boost the players morale going into the new season.

August Fixtures

Views:	1675
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	412986

The start of our season isn't to difficult the only team I am worried about is Everton but we have the home advantage so we could sneak a win or draw. However, every team in the BPL is there for a reason so I will not be taking any teams lightly. Coventry is our first opponent in the Capital One Cup and I am confident we can beat them and progress into the next round.

coolmcool likes this.

3. Click image for larger version

Views:	1776
ID:	413332

August Results

West Brom vs Cardiff

Views:	1744
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	413335

A decent result to start the season holding West Brom to a goalless draw.

Cardiff vs Everton

Views:	1729
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	413336

An amazing result we was dominated by Everton the whole game and the ratings show that as our keeper Marshall was the man of the match. We stole the three points early on in the second half when Don Cowie tapped the ball in from a Whittingham cross.

Cardiff vs Coventry

Views:	1735
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	413338

We eased past through Coventry in the 2nd round as Hernandez scored is first goal for the club and Campbell came on as a sub and scored two.

Fulham vs Cardiff

Views:	1706
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	413341

Again Cowie scoring the only goal for us and this time it was to secure a point against a decent Fulham side. I changed my match strategy to control and rigid and then they counter attacked Berbatov headed the ball down to Ruiz and he smashed the ball past Marshall.

League Table

Views:	1702
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	413342

A decent start to the season as we sit nicely in 7th position. Lets hope we can improve on this position or stay here come the end of the season but it is very early on to start predicting positions.

September Fixtures

Views:	1644
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	413344

Another hard month of fixtures incoming as we host Southampton and Stoke at home. The first game is Norwich away which will be very tough but with the tactics I hope we can secure another point. Barnsley is the team we drew in the 3rd round and I hope we can go past them and get a decent cup run on the go.

4. Click image for larger version

Views:	1781
ID:	413388

September Results

Norwich vs Cardiff

Views:	1700
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	413389

A very impressive victory against a decent side with Joe Mason leading the way up front getting both of the goals that gave us the 3 points.

Cardiff vs Stoke

Views:	1705
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	413390

In the second game this month we hosted Stoke at home. We had a goal disallowed early on in the first half when Munoz headed home. They then added a bit of a scare when Jones scored a goal. Kyung game on as a substitute to replace Whittingham and it proved a good move as he scored a goal to level the scoring.

Barnsley vs Cardiff

Views:	1667
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	413393

Barnsley proved an easy task as we eased past them by 3 goals to 0. Two of our summer signings scored after our on form Campbell opened the scoring.

Cardiff vs Southampton

Views:	1702
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	413396

Again another game where we opened the scoring and it was disallowed. This game was all about the first half really as Ramirez scored for Southampton in the 7th minute and then Mason equalised 6 minutes later. After this the game was all about holding our defensive line and taking something from the game.

League Table

Views:	1681
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	413399

Still unbeaten in the league but we do need to try and turn those draws into wins. We have had a tough start but we have not played any of the top 4 teams yet.

October Fixtures

Views:	1628
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	413402

3 BPL games this month as we go on the road to both Hull and Sunderland. We then host Man United in the league before Chelsea come to the stadium for the Capital One Cup 4th round.

5. Click image for larger version

Views:	1746
ID:	413444

October Results

Hull vs Cardiff

Views:	1673
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	413467

A bore draw vs Hull, we dominated the game but we couldn't get the goal we needed to take all the points.

Sunderland vs Cardiff

Views:	1690
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	413470

Kyung always seems to come on as a substitute and score a goal and he did done that in this game aswell.

Cardiff vs Man Utd

Views:	1673
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	413476

An amazing result against United as we won 2-0. I was not expecting this result but when Munoz opened the scoring we never looked back.

Cardiff vs Chelsea

Views:	1683
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	413481

Jordan Mutch scored the only goal in this game and we held the scoreline at 1-0 to advance through. Mourinho fielded a very strong side but our eagerness ensured we won the game.

November Fixtures

Views:	1592
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	413485

Another tough month facing Arsenal and Liverpool.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Cardiff City Story-fm-base.png  

6. Click image for larger version

Views:	1730
ID:	413553

November Results

Cardiff vs Arsenal

Views:	1659
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	413557

The game was looking like it was going to end 0-0 but when the first one went in we couldn't stop and we ended up beating Arsenal 3-0.

Aston Villa vs Cardiff

Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	413571

This time is was the opposition team that had a man sent off but we couldn't capitalise on our advantage and the game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Cardiff vs Liverpool

Views:	1665
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	413575

Munoz seems to always score from a corner in the important matches and he kept that trend going here opening the scoring. We then held out for what looked like a 1-0 win but Mason came on late on in the second half and scored right at the end of injury time.

Cardiff vs West Ham

Views:	1670
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	413576

Don Cowie playing very well in this game as he assisted one and scored two. A great performance overall by our team as we thrash West Ham.

League Table

Views:	1642
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	413579

A great showing so far in this season and we are sitting nicely in 2nd place. Still unbeaten in the league aswell.

December Fixtures

Views:	1652
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	413580

This is where it gets tough because if we fall off the mark in December then it could slow us down placing high in the table. A tough month sees us play Chelsea, City, Spurs and Newcastle all in the league before hosting West Brom who we played in the first game of the season.

7. Click image for larger version

Views:	1725
ID:	413599

December Results

Views:	1641
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	413600

We went 2-0 up away in London but Ba made it 2-2 late on in the game. Total heartbreak!

Views:	1712
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	413601

Two early goals in the second half was enough to secure the victory against Palace another newly promoted side.

Views:	1643
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	413610

We played very well against City but club legend Bellamy missed the only penalty which meant City went through 5-4.

Views:	1619
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	413611

27,500 people was in the stadium to watch us get revenge on City and win by 1 goal to 0. Another well earned win and extends are unbeaten run to 16 games.

Views:	1633
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	413614

Newcastle ended our 16 match unbeaten streak in quite a crazy game as Munoz put us down to 10 men and then Cisse scored in injury time.

Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	413617

When Spurs go 2-0 up I thought it was game over but we showed great charisma and determination to level the scoring before half time.

Views:	1632
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	413621

Quite an unusual score sheet with our RB Brayford scoring two. Backup CDM Gunnarsson opened the scoring early on.

League Table

Views:	1616
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	413622

Everton surprisingly sitting in 1st place and us in 3rd.

January Fixtures

Views:	1574
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	413624

We start the month in the FA Cup and then we go to league leaders Everton. We should get 3 points against Fulham and Norwich and maybe against Stoke also.
    Safc-mad-scotty likes this.

8. Making it look easy! Shame about the Capital One Cup, absolutely flying in the league though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Making it look easy! Shame about the Capital One Cup, absolutely flying in the league though.
    W4NKER's tactics do the job haha !

10. Click image for larger version

Views:	1683
ID:	413708

January Results

Views:	1607
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	413710

We started the month off against league leaders Everton. We scored our 3rd goal in the 86th minute which was needed as Jelavic made it 3-2 in the 90th minute.

Views:	1603
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	413712

The first game ended in a 1-1 draw because I played a much weaker side but in the replay I fielded our 1st team side and we won the game comfortably.

Views:	1622
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	413718

Both wingers set up eachother here and both of them scored in the second half to win this game. Bad news is that Mason and Bellamy had to be taken off due to injury.

Views:	1613
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	413725

We then hosted West Ham in the 4th round of the FA Cup and the game was pretty boring throughout but we stole it late on when Zuculini smashed one from 30 yards.

Views:	1622
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	413728

We then ended the month with injured Bellamy starting up front and scoring a late goal to secure the 3 points. Stoke had a goal disallowed in the 95th minute which made my heart race!

League Table

Views:	1588
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	413729

Who would have thought? 22 games into the season and we sit in 1st place 2 points above Everton.

February Fixtures

Views:	1553
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	413732

This month is packed with Premier League games as we face some tough opponents. Lets hope we can withstand the pressure and win most of these games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick thanks to W4NKER for his amazing tactics this year
    Porter and coolmcool like this.

11. Click image for larger version

Views:	818
ID:	413770

February Fixtures

Views:	750
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	413771

A poor result against Norwich we should have most certainly got the three points but instead we get one.

Views:	773
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	413774

Jordan Mutch with another late goal to secure the 3 points.

Views:	755
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	413776

Could this be where the bad form starts?

Views:	794
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	413779

An expected win against bottom side Hull.

Views:	753
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	413781

Another cup run down the drain as Ba scored against us to secure a Chelsea win.

Views:	768
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	413783

Another poor performance from our boys as we got smashed by United.

League Table

Views:	783
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	413785

Still at the top of the table but teams are creeping up on us. 4 points seperate the 1st team and the 5th team.

March Fixtures

Views:	729
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	413792

This month could be the end of our hopeful Premier League title run. We have to play Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea two of those games being away from home.

12. Doing very well so far. Even if you don't win the league this year, the fact you are challenging for it is impressive.
    LovanoFM likes this.

13. Click image for larger version

Views:	815
ID:	413930

March Fixtures

Views:	742
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	413936

A good start to the month with a decent win over Sunderland.

Views:	745
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	413938

Amazing result away at the Emirates with star man Joe Mason scoring the only goal.

Views:	746
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	413940

A bore draw against Villa.

Views:	750
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	413942

Two out of the big three down only Chelsea to go.

Views:	755
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	413944

Chelsea beating us again.

League Table

Im not got going to show a league table until the end of the season now.

14. Great season so far and good deals on the transfer market! Keep it up
    LovanoFM likes this.

15. Bloody hell! I dont know how you do it! Win the league first season,
    LovanoFM likes this.

16. Click image for larger version

Views:	768
ID:	413999

End Of Season

Views:	734
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	414000

Zuculini is such a class player and for ?0 best bargain I have had.

Views:	687
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	414003

Three draws on the trot and now the last two games of the season Man City and Spurs.

Views:	742
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	414014

One win from our last game and we win the league. Last year I came 3rd in the league and this time we are trying to go two places better. The miracles FM may produce.

Views:	856
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	414019

Heart attack incoming... Jokes aside league champions....... W4NKER's tactics are the best thanks to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stats, awards and the final table to follow.

17. League Table Final Standings

Views:	749
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	414048
    Safc-mad-scotty and W4NKER like this.

18. Premier League Awards

Views:	715
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	414058

It was inevitable really after winning the Premier League with the 18th predicted side.

Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	414060

Only one player in the team of the year and he was named of the subs bench. Mind = Blown!

Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	414062

Marshall coming in 2nd place in this years Golden Glove award. He was a savior in some games a great player.

19. Click image for larger version

Views:	710
ID:	415020

TRANSFERS

Views:	690
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	415023

Asier Illaramendi

We signed him on loan from Real Madrid and we will do a fantastic job as a DLP or a AP.

Views:	735
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	415026

Andre Schurrle

Another loan signing who fits the bill perfectly for our left midfield position. Great pace, crossing and dribbling is what we need and he has them all.

Views:	1127
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	415029

Dennis Praet

For 1.4 million pounds you can't really go wrong with Praet. A young CM with a lot of potential and will soon become a decent player for our side.

Views:	858
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	415035

Ryan Bertrand

I payed 8.5 million for Bertrand but he was doing well at Newcastle and we needed a top Left back that could get forward and defend well. He has the pace to make overlapping runs and I feel he will do very well with Schurrle on the left side.

Views:	709
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	415036

Gabriel Torje

Another Hefty price tag of 8 million pounds but yet again like Schurrle he just fits the criteria of the perfect RM for my tactic. Decent Pace, Dribbling and crossing.

Views:	738
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	415039

This guy is a little regen I signed from Crewe for the small amount of 78k. A very decent buy in my opinion and he will become very good over the years. He has a ambitious personality which normally means they hit full potential.

TRANSFERS OUT

Views:	717
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	415042

Views:	680
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	415045

Alot of players left on free transfers but the most noteable players leaving the club are Cornelius, Gunnarsson and Mutch all together combining to 15 million.

20. Wow thats incredible.

Well done mate and some good signings this year.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Rootsey View Post
    Wow thats incredible.

Well done mate and some good signings this year.
    Thanks mate, remember seeing you last year for my stories

22. Quote Originally Posted by LovanoFM View Post
    Thanks mate, remember seeing you last year for my stories
    They are just so easy to read because of the layout.

Oh and because you are a Spurs fan
    LovanoFM likes this.

23. Click image for larger version

Views:	2081
ID:	415125

August Results

Views:	2059
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	415128

Illarramendi getting a goal on his debut and then Shaqiri equalised straight after. We the won the game on penalties 7-6 giving us our 1st domestic cup.

Views:	2040
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	415129

We should have won this game but I switched the game plan up to Counter in the 70th minute and it backfired as Soldado got Tottenham back on level terms in the dieing minutes.

Views:	2049
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	415130

The last game in this month ended in a 1-0 win against Everton. A very decent result as Schurrle burst down the left side before cutting in side putting the ball across the keeper and into the back of the net.

League Table

Views:	2015
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	415132

Early days but after the first two games we see ourselves in 6th place with 4 points from a possible 6.

24. Do you have a link to W4NKERS tactic? Can't seem to find it, thanks

25. Quote Originally Posted by TomFsoccer View Post
    Do you have a link to W4NKERS tactic? Can't seem to find it, thanks
    Go on the tactics forum its on there

26. Quote Originally Posted by LovanoFM View Post
    Go on the tactics forum its on there
    This is the tactics screen, right?: Tactics - Downloads - Football Manager 2014 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats
    Well I can't find it...

27. Quote Originally Posted by TomFsoccer View Post
    This is the tactics screen, right?:Tactics - Downloads - Football Manager 2014 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats
    Well I can't find it...
    No. You go onto the forums like you would to find a story then go, FM 14 Tactics, Then FM14 tactics Share & Download.

28. Love this, especially as I'm a massive Cardiff fan.
    LovanoFM likes this.

29. Click image for larger version

Views:	1945
ID:	416367

AC Milan
    Benfica
    Galatasaray
    Cardiff

A tough group so I will be happy with 3rd place but I feel we can qualify.

September Results

Views:	1961
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	416369

Not much to say really we got hammered at Old Trafford.

Views:	1954
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	416371

Another poor performance this time we was lucky to even get a point at Stoke.

Views:	1940
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	416372

A very great start to the Champions League campaign. But I sit here asking myself why can't we do this in the league ?

Views:	1893
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	416374

No point me showing the games separately really two boring 0-0 draws in the league and a shock defeat in the Capital One Cup.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not going to be adding the League Table in these posts so I can play past time and also it hopefully gets you guys interested more as you have to wait until the last post to see how I have done.

coolmcool likes this.

30. Click image for larger version

Views:	1934
ID:	416401

October Results

Views:	1941
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	416402

Another great performance in the Champions League this time stunning Milan with a fantastic strike from Schurrle.

Views:	1945
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	416405

Amazing performance in the Champions League, terrible performance in the Premier League. How this season has gone so far.

Views:	1925
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	416410

We had a very long break since our last game which helped us tremendously as we came back fighting and got a very good win against West Brom.

Views:	1953
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	416412

Three champions league games and three champions league wins another top draw match.

Views:	1951
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	416418

Who would have thought Medel scoring both goals would be the outcome but it did happen! Another decent three points in the BPL.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO