• 1 Post By AayushCFC
  • 2 Post By seanhrfc

A Different Kind of Champions League Challenge

1. A Different Kind of Champions League Challenge

Name:  champions league.png
Views: 1961
Size:  494.2 KB

SeanHRFC's Champions League Challenge
    The UEFA Champions League is the most prestigious club competition in the world and as such is sought after by Europe's elite. In all over 20 different clubs have managed to get their hands on the trophy and have had the honour of being able to call themselves the best club in Europe. However, there are also 17 clubs that have managed to reach the final only to lose out. There is probably no worse feeling than getting to a final and losing and becoming the nearly boys. Inspired by the Klippybo and Stonecold's Champions League Challenge, I aim to win the Champions League with as many of the 'nearly boys' as possible, including:

Stade de Reims (x2)
    Valencia (x2)
    Fiorentina
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Partizan Belgrade
    Panathinaikos
    Atletico Madrid
    Leed United
    St Etienne
    Borussia Monchengladbach
    Club Brugge
    Malmo
    AS Roma
    Sampdoria
    Bayer Leverkusen
    AS Monaco
    Arsenal
    Paris St. Germain*

*2018 Champions League runners up

Meet the Manager
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ronaldo.png
Views:	2909
Size:	765.3 KB
ID:	447712
    'Ronaldo' Luis Nazario de Lima
    For those in their 20s and older, they will remember this man as the ''Phenomenon" in his younger days where he scored goals for fun picking up the Ballon D'Or in 1997 & 2002. He scored 62 goals in 98 games for his native Brazil and won the World Cup with them in 1994 and 2002. However, despite playing for 5 clubs that had won the Champions League in their history (PSV, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid & AC Milan), he's never attained a Champions League medal himself.

It's the 22nd December 2013 and football legend Ronaldo has announced his entrance into Management, stating his ambition to win the Champions League as his motivation.
    Last edited by seanhrfc; 24/12/2013 at 12:22 PM.
    AldoKemp-1, jukilo and iHoward like this.

2. Sounds like an interesting prospect, I'm looking forwards to this! I'm guessing Malmo first due to the start date of December!

All the best!
    seanhrfc likes this.

3. Cheers, I've started Unemployed and hoping a job comes up, though for now I may just take any team if they'll have me and build up my managerial reputation. Start date was Brazil

4. Good luck mate, liking this idea.

5. Good luck was actually thinking of doing something like this myself

6. Name:  AELK Rejection.png
Views: 717
Size:  37.0 KB

Having spent 4 months searching for a job, Ronaldo was finally asked to an interview. However, he was rejected by lowly AEL Kallonis that as recently as 2008 were in the Lesbos Local Championship, the 5th tier of Greek football. It's a tough climate to get a job and it seems even world legends such as Ronaldo will find it difficult to secure their first job.

This comes after a string of rejections from clubs such as Valenciennes, Napoli, Lazio and Valencia. Plugging on!

7. The Lesbos Local Championship, now that's the kind of league I'd like to be watching!!

Er-herm!

Unlucky with the job hunting so far, but hopefully Mr Ronaldo can find a beginning somewhere, and soon

8. Quote Originally Posted by TheWriter View Post
    The Lesbos Local Championship, now that's the kind of league I'd like to be watching!!

Er-herm!

Unlucky with the job hunting so far, but hopefully Mr Ronaldo can find a beginning somewhere, and soon
    Yes Lesbos Local Championship sounds good to me too! I've had further interview rejections from Panathinaikos, Partizan, Bolton and Lierse. Surely someones going to want the Phenomenon soon...

9. Name:  2013-14 Champions League Final.png
Views: 738
Size:  117.3 KB

I've got to the end of the season and still no job. Further job interviews at Reading, AIK and Atromitos and several outright rejections at bigger clubs. I've decided this save will be dynamic in the challenge and if a club were runners up in the CL and had never won it, I will add them to the list. The 2013/14 Final was contested between heavyweights Bayern and Man Utd, with the English getting one over the Germans on penalties!

Which club is going to take the risk on Ronaldo....

10. Interesting win there for United, but I think you've made the right decision in terms of your dynamics with this challenge! Will make it very interesting for sure!

11. Name:  Japan, WTF.png
Views: 663
Size:  96.2 KB

Right, I thought it strange that no one wants Ronaldo, but this has confirmed my game is Crazy :p Japan win the World Cup!

12. Oh wow, now that is weird! New game please

13. doing the same thing! but my teams are
    bate borisov
    shakhtar donetsk
    olympiacos
    psv
    lyon
    sevilla
    sporting lisbon

good luck
    seanhrfc likes this.

14. I had JUST been appointed the manager of Osters IF who were bottom of the Allsvenskan, but then my game Crash Dumped and I'm back to the 20th June. Lets see what happens now!

15. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    I had JUST been appointed the manager of Osters IF who were bottom of the Allsvenskan, but then my game Crash Dumped and I'm back to the 20th June. Lets see what happens now!
    Think Ronaldo needs to go down to his local job centre.
    seanhrfc likes this.

16. Its now September 2014, 9 months without a job. Any chance of a job please? My chances are depleting by the minute as I have been comfort eating through the rejection and I now look like this....

Name:  fat ronaldo.png
Views: 3906
Size:  226.8 KB
    jukilo likes this.

17. Ronaldo Finally Bags A Job

Name:	badge.png
Views:	796
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	448294
    Name:  corinthians contract.png
Views: 583
Size:  54.1 KB

Ronaldo signs his first managerial contract ironically at the club where he finished his career. Between 2009 and 2011 Ronaldo made 31 appearances for Corinthians, scoring 18 goals before injury forced him to quit the game. Job offers were rejected from Allsvenskan club Djurgarden and Kalmar in order for Ronaldo to turn back to his native Brazil. His eyes are set on Europe at a later date once he has built up his managerial credit by turning Corinthians into a South American Dynasty!

Background
    Name:  corinthians background.png
Views: 618
Size:  54.0 KB

2013 Season
    Name:  2013 League Table.png
Views: 621
Size:  78.6 KB

Corinthians have a proud history having the honour of calling themselves the best club in the world on two occasions and most recently in 2012. However this success has been sandwiched with a relegation from the top flight and in the 2013 season the team finished in a very disappointing 13th place. It is time to turn these Brazilian Heavyweights into a club that consistently dominate South American football.
    Key Players
    A Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-1.-alexandre-pato.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-2.-cassio.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-3.-ralf.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-4.-gil.png
    The biggest name in the side is most certainly Alexandre Pato, a player who was tipped to become a world superstar. Alongwith Pato, we have Cassio, Gil and Ralf who form a great defensive backbone for the club

Last edited by seanhrfc; 21/12/2013 at 06:25 AM.
    Tyler Berry likes this.

18. Season 2015 Update

Transfers
    Name:  corinthians transfers.png
Views: 632
Size:  56.2 KB

I was surprised to be given such a big transfer budget but after seeing the clubs finances there's no wonder, damn they are rich! Biggest signing is wonderkid Balanta who is destined for greatness. After Damiao picked a long term injury i needed a new target man so I brought in the reliable Maierhofer, he's such a good player on this game!
    Starting 11
    Name:  corinthians 11.png
Views: 586
Size:  214.2 KB

I think this is a very good starting 11, a mixture of pace, technical ability and finishing ability supporting the Hof up top we're bound to be able to find the net. However this is balanced out with a very strong back 6 who can out-battle most strike forces I can think of

State Championship
    Name:  state championship.png
Views: 596
Size:  166.9 KB

There it is, Ronaldo's first trophy of his managerial career! We took the state championship by storm but faced stern competition from Santos and Sao Paulo - Palmeiras were ultimately disappointing. We narrowly beat arch rival Sao Paulo in the final after a very good winning run.
    Name:  state champions!.png
Views: 627
Size:  586.2 KB
    AayushCFC and stevetrunks15 like this.

19. Early Season Woes
    Name:  early season results.png
Views: 524
Size:  91.2 KB

Name:  transfers.png
Views: 475
Size:  20.4 KB

Our Brazilian Championship season did not get off to the best of starts as we failed to pick up a win in our first 5 games and only scored 3 goals one of which was an own goal. We then hit a patch of inconsistent form where some games we were excellent and others diabolical. The board had yet again increased our transfer budget which allowed me to bring in 3 top quality players. However, all 3 signings were from Europe and needed a pre-season under their belt so it would be a while before they could make any more than cameo appearances. We were sitting in lower mid-table just points above the relegation. The board decided enough was enough after our lacklustre 0-4 defeat at home to Fluminense and arranged a meeting. I was given an ultimatum that I must win 3 of the next 5 games otherwise I would be sacked.
    Comeback Kings
    Name:  results after board meeting.png
Views: 549
Size:  182.0 KB

After nearly facing the sack, it was time to get this team in gear. There would be nothing worse than having your first managerial job end with the sack due to poor performance. A few tactical tweaks were made, team meetings held, warnings for poor performances and faith given to certain individuals. The reaction from the team was superb as we went on to win 4 of the next 5 games, gathering 3 points more than the board's required total to keep my job. We had a couple of disappointments including the 1-0 loss to relegation favourites Avai and an embarrassing 3-0 home loss to Atletico Mineiro, but we racked up 18 wins from 21 games that lead us from mid-table no hopers to league leaders.
    Shock Decision!!!!
    Name:  SACKED!.png
Views: 552
Size:  71.4 KB

I'm not entirely sure what Mario Gobbi Filho has been smoking or he's just a corrupt bastard but I was left confused and angered with this decision. The reasons given for the sacking were farcical as I had over-achieved in terms of the board's ultimatum of points leaving me to believe that this may be a glitch in the game. I admit I started the championship campaign poorly but I had more than turned this around and by the time of sacking to a 4 point lead at the top. It also came after a credible 2-2 draw away to 4th place Cruzeiro so it was not even a knee jerk reaction to a heavy rivals defeat. Adding insult to injury, I had also guided the team to the semi-finals of the Brazilian Cup meaning that the State Championship, Brazilian Championship and Brazilian Cup treble was a big possibility. Gutted.
    Ronaldo's Achievements
    Name:  league table.png
Views: 553
Size:  79.9 KB

Name:  brazilian cup.png
Views: 552
Size:  109.6 KB

Name:  managerial record.png
Views: 502
Size:  15.6 KB

Poor Ronaldo's managerial career has had a pretty depressing start, first with the constant rejection from clubs and most recently the unjust sacking from Corinthians stripping him from the chance of adding two more trophies to his resume. However, Ronaldo has shown determination throughout his career to overcome setbacks. One such example is overcoming his injuries in the late 90s and early 00s. He won the Ballon D'or as a youngster in 19997 but went on to be plagued with injuries. Nevertheless he recovered and went on to become the golden boot winner of the 2002 World Cup ultimately leading to his second Balon D'or. Lets hope the same can be done with his managerial career!

20. Further Disappointment

Name:  malmo job unsuccessful.png
Views: 566
Size:  38.5 KB

If things could not get any worse at the moment, another job rejection was fast out the blocks. This time it was Malmo, one of the teams that are part of the challenge. Let's keep plugging on...

21. Ronaldo Moves to Sweden

Name:  osters if.png
Views: 922
Size:  518.6 KB

Name:  osters background.png
Views: 528
Size:  45.9 KB

After a few months job searching and plenty of rejections a job was offered by Osters IF, a role that was almost taken up prior to going to Corinthians (crash dump!). Oster are now somewhat of a yo-yo club between the top two divisions of Swedish football. However, the club boasts an impressive history and it would be nice to bring some glory back for them. This will be a good stepping stone for Ronaldo in Europe.
    Transfers
    Name:  oster transfers.png
Views: 539
Size:  45.4 KB

Name:	senghor.png
Views:	546
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	449866

Some good bargain business here as our budget was miniscule. Senghor is a player of top quality and will cause problems for anyone we come up against. Saag is a pacey customer that will compliment Senghor very nicely. Our aim will be to outscore the opponents using our classy forward line.
    Results
    Name:  oster results.png
Views: 527
Size:  210.4 KB

Views: 546
Size:  66.2 KB

Just like Corinthians, we got off to a bad start. Once again I was on the brink of the sack, this time I had to make a public apology for announcing my interest in the Partizan job which was probably not the best idea considering I wasn't doing well in the league at that time. We came back and put up a big fight towards the latter stages for European football. In the final game of the season we beat Djurgarden to confirm a place in the Europa League whilst our fierce rival Kalmar did us a favour by beating AIK meaning we finished 2nd! Oster's last season they finished second was 1983 so it a very good achievement considering we were the favourites for relegation.

Headhunted: The Challenge Begins

Name:  malmo approach.png
Views: 509
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  malmo background.png
Views: 534
Size:  50.8 KB

Being headhunted is a great feeling. Ronaldo's achievements with Osters IF was recognised by Swedish hotshots Malmo who had twice rejected me. They have a very proud history including reaching the 1979 Champions Cup Final which they lost. I now aim to win the Champions League with Malmo to put right the final loss all those years ago. It's going to be tough.

22. Hey mate i usually don't come nearby the story forum but from time to time i do, and i found your story and it's very very interesting, definitely a new follower! Ronaldo is one of my all-time favorites players, also i would like know what kind of tactics are you using now, still the same as first season? Keep it up, it's looking good!
    seanhrfc likes this.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo4073 View Post
    Hey mate i usually don't come nearby the story forum but from time to time i do, and i found your story and it's very very interesting, definitely a new follower! Ronaldo is one of my all-time favorites players, also i would like know what kind of tactics are you using now, still the same as first season? Keep it up, it's looking good!
    Hi there, cheers for the interest. I am switching between 3 tactics at the moment(including the 4-2-3-1 as shown before) but this is the most regular formation I am using now:

Name:  tactic.png
Views: 510
Size:  209.9 KB
    OoSt likes this.

24. Wow, this is a nice story man.
    seanhrfc likes this.

25. Champions League Winners
    Name:  champions league winners.png
Views: 455
Size:  29.2 KB

Crazy Euro 2016
    Name:  austria are european champions.png
Views: 419
Size:  7.7 KB

26. A Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-malmo-badge.png
    Malmo Mid-Season Update

Transfers

Name:	malmo transfers in.png
Views:	498
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	450138Click image for larger version

Name:	malmo transfers out.png
Views:	465
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	450164

we were given a far bigger budget than I had at Oster but I opted to be prudent in the transfer market picking up players for low fees and frees. Manolas and Ewerton spent some time on trial with me at Oster and impressed so they've been brought in to bolster the back line. Following them from the same club was Saag, who's impressive goal tally for me last season is well worth 100k. With players coming in I needed to streamline the squad and out went the deadwood. Danielsson was a very good sale for 1.1m, he was our 5th choice centre back!
    Results
    Name:  malmo results part 1.png
Views: 1119
Size:  167.6 KB

Name:  league table before summer break.png
Views: 1123
Size:  59.8 KB

Its been a reasonable start to the season with the most notable achievement being our Swedish Cup win bringing in my first trophy in Swedish football. In he league our form has been patchy but we are still within touching distance of top spot and the runaway winners from the last 3 seasons Elfsborg have also been struggling which helps us.
    Huge Signing!!!
    Name:  HUGE SIGNING.png
Views: 511
Size:  92.6 KB

I lept around with joy when I saw that club icon Big Zlatan would be willing to come back to the club that raised him. He may be old but he still has quality and will be crucial for our European games we have now got ourselves through winning the Swedish Cup
    Key Players

A Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-key-players-zlatan-ibrahimovic.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-key-players-william-bouli.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-key-players-osvaldo-alonso.png
    A Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-key-players-kostas-manolas.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-key-players-erik-israelsson.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-key-players-daniel-gustavsson.png
    jukilo, pikkpoiss and AayushCFC like this.

27. Could you please post here Kaimar Saag attributes and his history?

28. Quote Originally Posted by pikkpoiss View Post
    Could you please post here Kaimar Saag attributes and his history?

Name:  kaimar saag history.png
Views: 529
Size:  107.8 KB

Name:  kaimar saag attributes.png
Views: 551
Size:  187.6 KB

He was a key player for Oster last season, though he's taken up the role of super-sub at Malmo. Still a very good player to have around the club.
    pikkpoiss likes this.

29. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    Thanks man.

30. Name:  malmo badge.png
Views: 440
Size:  42.6 KB

Season 2017 Part 2

League Results

Name:  malmo results part 2.png
Views: 441
Size:  170.9 KB

Name:  malmo first season.png
Views: 416
Size:  68.6 KB

Wow what a season, it was full of twists and turns. On the last game of the season we were 3 points behind AIK. We ended up winning 1-0 while AIK lost 3-0 to Hacken meaning that we picked the title up on goal difference! I would like to make it more comfortable next season.
    European Adventures

Name:  europa league results.png
Views: 410
Size:  138.1 KB

Name:  europa league table.png
Views: 368
Size:  18.5 KB

We're doing very well in Europe with no team able to beat us in 12 matches. It was relatively easy to qualify for the group stages despite Dnipro being billed as tricky opposition. In the group only Dynamo Kiev cause us real problems which is not surprising considering they are a strong team. The 8-1 thrashing of Cluj away from home demonstrated how lethal we can be and I fear no one going into the next round.

Player Performances

Name:  best 11 formation.png
Views: 516
Size:  241.7 KB

Name:  best 11 ratings.png
Views: 476
Size:  57.1 KB

I'm very happy with player performances this season. Reis has been in great scoring form particularly in Europe whist Gustavsson won the Fan's Player of the Year award due to his consistent performances, goals and assists from the right wing.
    Name:  malmo celebrations.png
Views: 433
Size:  521.1 KB

Malmo - 2017 League Champions

31. Ronaldo's Profile 01/02/2018

Name:  ronaldo profile.png
Views: 679
Size:  252.4 KB

Name:  achievements.png
Views: 577
Size:  36.8 KB

32. Season 2018 Part 1

Europa League
    Name:  europa league run.png
Views: 577
Size:  77.5 KB

We had a European tour to remember as we reached the Semi Final. First stop were German outfit Schalke where we put together a great defensive display to come through the tie. Then came Bayern. We got a respectable draw at home and going into the away leg I was sure Bayern would beat us - but they didn't! A magnificent performance crashes out one of the best teams in Europe. We met with Dynamo Kiev yet again and this time we managed to break the streak of draws and beat them on their own turf. This was followed up by an outstanding 3-0 away win at Anfield. However, our run ended in the Semis as we were annihilated by Liverpool in Malmo. I got it tactically wrong and went to cautious. They were 2 goals up early on and then had the momentum to get the 3rd to take it to ET and grab a late winner.
    Domestic Results
    Name:  domestic results.png
Views: 609
Size:  122.5 KB

Name:  league table 10 games.png
Views: 601
Size:  60.2 KB

I've been somewhat disappointed with our start to 2018 in Sweden. Our early season form in the cup and league saw us get plenty of clean sheets, but the cup ended in disappointment as we were dumped out by my old club Oster. Home draws against Orebro and GAIS are not good enough and losing to Norrkoping was a terrible way to finish off before the summer break

33. Name:  barca - psg CL final.png
Views: 601
Size:  44.8 KB

After losing in the 2018 Champions League Final, PSG join the teams I can be in my challenge.

34. Name:  malmo badge.png
Views: 568

Season 2018 - Part 2

Transfers
    Name:  summer transfers.png
Views: 497
Size:  27.8 KB

A Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-barrios.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-barragan.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-vasiljev.png

Made good use of the transfer market to improve our squad with some top regen youngsters who have the potential to play at the highest level.
    League Results
    Name:  league results.png
Views: 528
Size:  206.9 KB

Views: 524
Size:  70.1 KB

We had an excellent second part of the season with just 3 slip ups. Very happy with the amount of clean sheets, I've been tweaking my tactic defensively and it looks like its paying off. League Champions!!
    Champions League
    Name:  champions league results.png
Views: 532
Size:  132.0 KB

Name:  CL group table.png
Views: 463
Size:  18.0 KB

Have to say I'm delighted with our progress in Europe. We qualified for the group stage with relative ease and we were given a group I though we could do ok in and qualify for the Europa League. However, we caused surprises and sneaked through to the knockouts - the highlight was definitely the 7-4 win over Atletico who have established themselves as one of the best teams in the world. What a game!
    Best 11
    Name:  best 11 formation.png
Views: 561
Size:  239.1 KB

Name:  best 11 ratings.png
Views: 558
Size:  54.3 KB

Another outstanding season for our players and we deservedly retained the title. Along with our domestic success, this year has seen us get to the Europa League Semi-Final and the Champions League knockout stages - here we will have a stern test against Barcelona...Kostas Manolas picked up the fans player of the year for his talismanic performances at centre back that helped us towards a lot of clean sheets. New signings such as Barrios and Barragan have settled in very well. Unfortunately, van Duijvenbode and Reis picked up cruciate ligament injuries and were sidelined for 9-11 months - their attributes have had a huge decline.
    Name:  zlatan retires.png
Views: 559
Size:  116.6 KB

Name:  zlatan biography.png
Views: 532
Size:  179.8 KB

Zlatan Ibrahimovic decided to call an end to his career aged 37 which was a shame as I reckon I could have got another year out of him. His last game came against Gladbach on the 13th December 2018 where he set up Barragan's goal to put us through to the Knockouts. His status has grown from club icon to club legend and he will remain at the club as a coach. More for sentimental value as he is a gash coach.

Last edited by seanhrfc; 26/12/2013 at 05:41 AM.
    OoSt, Rodrigo4073, jukilo and 1 others like this.

35. Ibra should've been fitness coach with his 15 fitness, decent determination and his inner will to hand out punishments to whatever player who refuses his routine/mocks his nose!
    seanhrfc likes this.

36. Name:  malmo badge.png

Season 2019

Transfers
    Name:  transfers in.png
Size:  53.0 KB

Big money, for Malmo anyway, was forked out on Tibbling. He's a quality midfielder who adds a creative option alongside the more tenacious Israelsson or Barrios. We needed to bolster our Swedish quality to keep in with the rules of the League so Andersson, Demir and Almeback came in as squad players as well as Larsson and Soderstrom as hot prospects for the future. The Brazilian trio of Welison, Maracas and Melo came in to add depth to the League/Cup whilst the current best 11 can focus on the Champions League.
    League Table
Views: 482
Size:  65.3 KB

We've had a fantastic start to the League campaign as we sit top with games in hand. Solid at the back and dangerous going forward is always a good combination as we go 10 games unbeaten. The only domestic disappointment was in the Swedish Cup, where we lost after extra time 2-0 to AIK in the final.

Champions League
    Name:  champions league results.png
Views: 438
Size:  66.8 KB

On the way through this CL campaign it's fair to say there's been some dancing around the living room! We were never going to be given a kind draw and we faced the holders Barcelona in the first knockout stage. We got a very respectable 2-2 draw at home but I had very strong doubts we could beat them at the Nou Camp. We gave a great account of ourselves and looked as though we'd narrowly lose out when Barragan popped up with a goal in the 89th minute to put us through to the Quarter-Final. Here we faced familiar opponents Atletico Madrid.

Yet another last minute goal gave us the win at home and we went to Madrid with one intention only; destroy their game. It was rugged, hot tempered and lacked the excitement of the 7-4 game in the group stages, but we did the job and got the 0-0 to send us through to the Semi's. Here is where it was clear for all to see that this competition meant so much to the players. Our defensive performances were flawless and we were clinical with our chances allowing us to progress to the final with a 4-0 aggregate win over Bayern. Yes yes yessss, we had somehow made it to the final!!! 40 years on from the last time Malmo reached it where they lost out to Nottingham Forest, would it be triumph or tears?

Name:  champions league final.png
Views: 537
Size:  192.8 KB

Name:  malmo champions league winners.png
Views: 527
Size:  474.9 KB

Incredible! This game was a nail-biter. It was 0-0 at HT with just a couple of chances either way but Juve took the lead just after the hour mark through Werner. We then had some good chances against them but their keeper kept them in it making some fabulous saves. But once more we were able to score in the dying minutes of the game through that man Vasiljev sending the game to extra time. Barragan continued his fine CL form by finding the net in the first half of ET and we shut out Juventus well. It looked as though we were going to win it but a lapse in concentration in the last few seconds of the game allowed Benedettio ''Next Del Piero'' De Trizio to tuck away a sublime finish. The game was to be decided on penalties and my lads had the mental strength to score all 5, 18 year old Vasiljev got the winner after Bender blasted their 4th penalty at Dahlin.

We had done it. MALMO ARE THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!! 40 years on from the original final, this time the tears have turned to cheers as we lifted the trophy at the Nou Camp in front of 104,000 fans. Man of the Match, Simon Tibbling who although not normally known for his tough tackling made an incredible 21 tackles and 13 interceptions stopping Juve's creativity hub and topped his performance off by scoring his Penalty.

Key Players
    Name:  6. william bouli.png
Views: 468
Size:  237.9 KB

Bouli was instrumental at the back during the knockout stages - an abundance of key headers, tackles and interceptions from the big man lead to the string of clean sheets on the road to the final. Unfortunately he missed the final through suspension.
    Name:  3. gaute berge.png
Views: 522
Size:  236.7 KB

Berge has proved to be an outstanding full back through consistent performances against the best teams in Europe. He's defensively solid and good going forward, getting crucial assists and the odd goal.
    Name:  77. alexandr vasiljev.png
Views: 506
Size:  233.0 KB

Alexandr is the youngest member of the squad at just 18 and has big boots to fill as Zlatan's replacement. However, he has shown maturity and quality beyond his years as he has physically dominated defenders, linked up play and scored important goals. He could become one of the best strikers in the world.
    Name:  27. matias barragan.png
Views: 490
Size:  235.9 KB

Name:  barragan golden boot.png
Views: 475
Size:  34.7 KB

Last but not least, it's Matias Barragan. What a campaign its been for this young man. He started his career at Boca and was snapped up by Man Utd for 4.8m but failed to make the grade at United and was released. However, he's managed to find himself at Malmo and fired us to glory with 13 goals, breaking Messi's record of 11.
    Champions League Squad
    A Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-2.-nelu-vasinc.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-5.-ewerton.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-7.-erik-israelsson.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-8.-simon-tibbling.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-11.-marcel-van-duijvenbode.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-13.-mervan-celik.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-16.-melker-hallberg.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-18.-jose-luis-barrios.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-19.-daniel-gustavsson.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-1.-johan-dahlin.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-44.-kebba-ceesay.pngA Different Kind of Champions League Challenge-21.-kostas-manolas.png

Name:  malmo nou camp fireworks.png
Views: 547
Size:  571.3 KB

New Ronaldo Era
    Name:  arsenal approach.png
Views: 438
Size:  51.8 KB

Last edited by seanhrfc; 27/12/2013 at 12:03 PM.
    jukilo and AayushCFC like this.

37. What were the defensive tweaks??

Your tactis always seem solid, and the arrigo sacchi was working wonders until 14.2.0, so i want to give this a go as all i really want is a tactic i can trust so that i knew anything other than that is purely my fault!!

thanks
    seanhrfc likes this.

38. Arsenal taken over and now poor by the looks of that transfer budget! Sounds like a very interesting job to have taken up there after such great heights accomplished with Malmo, Ronaldo got a nose bleed! Great work so far, keep it up!
    seanhrfc likes this.

39. don't take the arsenal job
    stay at malmo check out jordan larsson son of henrik hot tip for future

40. Quote Originally Posted by benji91 View Post
    What were the defensive tweaks??

Your tactis always seem solid, and the arrigo sacchi was working wonders until 14.2.0, so i want to give this a go as all i really want is a tactic i can trust so that i knew anything other than that is purely my fault!!

thanks
    The one I've been using recently is more of a hybrid between the Sacchi and the Deep 4-4-2 Counter.

Higher 4-4-2 Counter.tac

There it is if you'd like to check it out
    OoSt likes this.

41. Quote Originally Posted by TheWriter View Post
    Arsenal taken over and now poor by the looks of that transfer budget! Sounds like a very interesting job to have taken up there after such great heights accomplished with Malmo, Ronaldo got a nose bleed! Great work so far, keep it up!
    I thought that also but I looked at the finances and they've got over 100m stockpiled so they're either being really stingy or the new season budgets haven't come through. I hope its the latter.

42. Quote Originally Posted by BILLYBHOY View Post
    don't take the arsenal job
    stay at malmo check out jordan larsson son of henrik hot tip for future
    Yeah its a shame to leave Malmo as I've built something good there, but my aim is to achieve my challenge set out.

43. Quote Originally Posted by seanhrfc View Post
    The one I've been using recently is more of a hybrid between the Sacchi and the Deep 4-4-2 Counter.

Attachment 452704

There it is if you'd like to check it out
    Thanks mate -- i'll give this a bang and let you know how i get on
    seanhrfc likes this.

44. Absolutely loving the story. Keep it up.
    seanhrfc likes this.

45. When's the next update?
    I'm dying to see the Arsenal squad.

46. Quote Originally Posted by pikkpoiss View Post
    When's the next update?
    I'm dying to see the Arsenal squad.
    Update coming up soon, feature on Arsenal squad

47. Click image for larger version

Name:	arsenal logo.png
Views:	387
Size:	322.3 KB
ID:	453296
    2019/20 Season

Club Background & History
    Name:  arsenal background.png
Views: 344
Size:  53.5 KB

Name:  arsenal landmarks.png
Views: 305
Size:  74.3 KB

Recent Premier League History
    Name:  premier league winners.png
Views: 248
Size:  38.0 KB

2018/19 Season
    Name:  last season.png
Views: 274
Size:  87.5 KB

Squad
    Name:  arsenal squad.png
Views: 395
Size:  49.4 KB

Overall I am pleased with the squad I've inherited. However, I will be needing to get in reinforcements particularly at full back and defensive midfield as previous manager Montella preferred a 3-5-2.
    Key Players

Name:  key player - akinfeev.png
Views: 598
Size:  234.1 KB

Igor Akinfeev is a top class keeper and I've got him in his late prime at 33. He will be utilised as a sweeper keeper.
    Name:  key player - nastasic.png
Views: 424
Size:  232.5 KB

Nastasic has developed into a world class centre back and as such will be crucial to any defensive success we have.
    Name:  key player - wilshere.png
Views: 369
Size:  237.3 KB

Jack Wilshere is a club legend at just 27 and will be our talisman in midfield. His mental atributes are outstanding!
    Name:  key player - williams.png
Views: 336
Size:  255.3 KB

This is easily the best I've seen Jon Williams develop. He's spent 3 seasons at Arsenal and has developed into a club icon through tremendous performances at right wing.
    Name:  key player - icardi.png
Views: 739
Size:  246.1 KB

Hopefully Icardi is the man to bang in the goals after proving himself in front of goal last season. He was the Premier League Top Scorer with 22 goals in 37 games.
    First 11
    Name:  first 11.png
Views: 304
Size:  210.3 KB

We have classy options at Centre Back and Akinfeev behind them as our backbone. However, the lack of full backs at the club will need to be addressed and I will certainly be looking into Berge from Malmo. Wilshere will be re-trained to play in DM while we could do with another top quality one in there. The options for the front 4 are where we have incredible depth and I won't be looking to bring in any more here.

Tom14 and pikkpoiss like this.

48. Loving this man, such a good story keep it up!

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO