UEFA Champions League Group E
    Benfica 2-0 Ajax
    (Veltman o.g, Scocco)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 1-0 NAC Breda
    (Andersen)

Eredivisie
    Roda JC 1-4 Ajax
    (Veltman x2, Andersen, Zeefuik, Denswil)

KNVB Beker
    Ajax 1-0 AZ
    (de Jong)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eredivisie_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	1507
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	485190Click image for larger version

Name:	UEFA Champions League_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1504
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	485192

Player of the Month

Joel Veltman
    Jo
    Another great month from Joel defensively, and he even managed to triple his goal tally in a single match!

Staff Signing

Name:	Rafael van der Vaart_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1883
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	485195
    We've managed to sign club icon Rafael van der Vaart as a coach upon his early retirements from playing. I feel he could grow into a truly superb addition to the coaching team.

Last edited by Maximus94; 01/02/2014 at 08:40 AM.

2. Zeefuik moved to Roda JC in your game as well? Huh. That's a pretty coincidence.

Anyway, it's going your way, mate. It seems you brought Ajax back to their traditional dominance, so what are your current mid- to long term plans?

Cheers!
    Maximus94 likes this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kwarkzak View Post
    Zeefuik moved to Roda JC in your game as well? Huh. That's a pretty coincidence.

Anyway, it's going your way, mate. It seems you brought Ajax back to their traditional dominance, so what are your current mid- to long term plans?

Cheers!
    Yeah I think each season our results are slightly improving, while our players are improving in leaps and bounds!

I put my 'objectives' on the OP, but I'll happily re-state them. The main goal is the win the Champions League with ONLY home-grown at club players. Judging by my youth team I think it will be possible within 10 seasons, however, I tend to play rather slowly, so it could come down to a race between me and FM15

4. Quote Originally Posted by Maximus94 View Post
    Yeah I think each season our results are slightly improving, while our players are improving in leaps and bounds!

I put my 'objectives' on the OP, but I'll happily re-state them. The main goal is the win the Champions League with ONLY home-grown at club players. Judging by my youth team I think it will be possible within 10 seasons, however, I tend to play rather slowly, so it could come down to a race between me and FM15
    Ah, right mate. Yeah, I read the objectives in the OP - but I was kinda referring to 'how you're going to get there', sorry if I was unclear. :p Because dominating the Eredivisie year after year, until the league in general catches up to you again, might get boring at some point. I was wondering whether you had some mid-term thing going on to keep things spicy!

Ajax produces an insane amount of talent in FM14. In my FC Groningen game, I'm also the national -19s manager on the side. Most of my team is produced by Ajax!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Kwarkzak View Post
    Ah, right mate. Yeah, I read the objectives in the OP - but I was kinda referring to 'how you're going to get there', sorry if I was unclear. :p Because dominating the Eredivisie year after year, until the league in general catches up to you again, might get boring at some point. I was wondering whether you had some mid-term thing going on to keep things spicy!

Ajax produces an insane amount of talent in FM14. In my FC Groningen game, I'm also the national -19s manager on the side. Most of my team is produced by Ajax!
    Oh I see what you mean. Firstly, I'm not sure the league will be able to keep up with me. I'm currently doing well, and my young players should grow into better players than the current squad.

Since after the 1st season I've been looking to offload players without home-grown at club status. This allows for more playing time for the youngsters while maintain/improving morale and team understanding. One goal with this is to hopefully one day be able to bring Eriksen back to the club after we've made enough from titles and transfers. I'm really, really anal about player nationality (across all saves) where I won't sign Englishmen outside English-speaking countries. No Europeans if managing in South America ect, so I'd love to have an entire home-grown squad of just Dutch players too. Another, longer term goal is for the Netherlands to win the WC with at least 75% of the squad Ajax home-grown players.

I'd be very much open to any goal/objective suggestions from anyone though! So if you have any feel free to post them!
    Last edited by Maximus94; 01/02/2014 at 09:34 AM.

6. Well, if you'd really want to crank up the difficulty and assert the dominance of the capital over the perifery (i.e. the rest of the Netherlands): achieve your objectives with at least 51% of your team being born in Amsterdam. ;-)

I admire your playing style! I personally always aim at having the majority of my team Dutch, but I allow foreign youngsters who have been "groomed" to the philosophy of the club. So foreigners under 19 are allowed, I can only buy older players of the nation I'm managing in, and usually from local teams. Not much in favour of buying expensive Dutchmen from Premier League teams.

I did this to keep capital in the Eredivisie. I would often combine this in previous FM's (because I'm not currently at that stage in FM14) where I would sell my rejects on the cheap to domestic teams. The other teams would have more capital, the percentage of Dutch players would remain, and because my players would always be a few grades above the curve, the level of the league would improve.
    Maximus94 and Bobby Baggio like this.

7. Name:  992.png
Views: 1358
Size:  49.4 KB
    January 2016

Out-Gunned and Outclassed in the Cup

Name:	denswil3999000.jpg
Views:	1676
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	485696

Results

Eredivisie
    FC Groningen 1-2 Ajax
    (Blind, Vermeer o.g, de Jong)

KNVB Beker
    FC Utrecht 3-0 Ajax
    (de Kogel, Pourie, Pappot)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 2-0 FC Twente
    (Andersen, van de Kerkhof)

Name:	Eredivisie_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1427
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	485704

Player of the Month

Stefano Denswil

Name:	Stefano Denswil_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1434
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	485705

January Transfers

Name:	Ajax_ Transfers Transfer History.png
Views:	1479
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	485706

Name:	Robert Wittke_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1476
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	485709
    We've just brought in the young German LB as we're severely lacking in any kind LB through the youth teams. I would have preferred a Dutchman, however, it seems that according to our scouting, the whole country is lacking in them also.

Name:	Danny Hoesen_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1550
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	485712
    Danny left the club this month due to not being able to fit into our possession based tactic relying on a False9 up top. Danny couldn't adapt so I cashed him in.

Our cup performance was disappointing, our policy of using young players finally came undone as Utrecht's 1st team pushed us aside.

8. It's nice to see your policy bearing fruit, a shame about the cup. Perhaps next season!
    Maximus94 likes this.

9. More regens from other countries please

10. Quote Originally Posted by Redbullsnation View Post
    More regens from other countries please
    Can't do that mate, it wouldn't be realistic. Ajax have a duty in supplying the national team with class players, and really only sign youngsters from Scandinavia and Belgium.

Even neighbouring country, Germany, is a stretch.

11. It's kinda funny that FM refuses to generate class LB's who are Dutch, until you realize that the last "great" pure LB was Arthur Numan. He was good, but of the Great Generation of 1998, he was the shittiest of the starting eleven.

Some might call Giovanni van Bronckhorst (my favourite player of all time), but he was a DM turned LB. Funny how FM honours this tradition.

12. Name:  992.png
Views: 1432
    February 2016

Massive Upset!

Name:	6834285-netherlands-soccer-dutch-cup.jpeg
Views:	1570
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	486567

Results

Eredivisie
    Ajax 2-2 Vitesse
    (Veltman, Denswil o.g, de Jong, van Buren)

Eredivisie
    FC Utrecht 0-2 Ajax
    (Veltman, Fischer)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 2-0 PSV
    (Veltman, Fischer)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 2-0 Heracles
    (Sigborsson x2)

Champions League Round of 16
    Ajax 3-1 Manchester United
    (Andersen x2, van Persie, Fischer)

Eredivisie
    AZ 1-1 Ajax
    (Johannsson, de Jong)

Views:	1493
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	486570Click image for larger version

Views:	1521
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	486573

Player of the Month

Lucas Andersen

Name:	Lucas Andersen_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1542
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	486576
    Whilst Fischer has been on a scoring spree this month, I can't go past the man who troubled Manchester United for 90 minutes. The boy was unplayable at times, tearing through their defensive line and embarrassing players with his dribbling. He held his nerve with a late penalty after he was in the right place after a goal-box scrap early in the match!

Impressively, we chose to stick to our regular strategy of keeping the ball and moving it around quickly despite being the weaker team against United. It really paid off! We had 60% of the possession and over double the amount of shots on target. van Persie did manage to bring it back to 2-1 on the break, but Andersen's 92nd minute penalty gives us a 2 narrow goal lead in the 2nd leg. No doubt they'll be coming out firing in front of their own fans, we'll need to make sure our defensive is prepared.

We also managed to win the top of the table clash against PSV, which now gives us some breathing room at the top.

13. Been following since the start! Loving this save! Enjoyed reading it so much I created my own Ajax save and trying to reach the same goals; having a full team of homegrown Dutch players and trying to win the Champions league with said players.
    It has been a quite interesting compassion, in who we have both decided on selling and playing.

-> For me, Lasse Schone had to go straight away. Sold him for 6mil. Played Blind and Siem De Jong in the middle (4-4-2).

***Viktor Fischer is playing as a poacher, netted 18goals and 14 assists in 23 games. Sigborsson as a target man, 24goals and 6assists in 30games. These two are monsters up front!

Anyway, wont take up anymore of your thread with my save :p Just know, that you have helped me find a save that I haven't got bored after the first season.
    Cheers for that! I will continue to follow and use this thread as a guide of sorts!
    Last edited by Disclaimer89; 04/02/2014 at 10:00 AM.
    Maximus94 likes this.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Disclaimer89 View Post
    Been following since the start! Loving this save! Enjoyed reading it so much I created my own Ajax save and trying to reach the same goals; having a full team of homegrown Dutch players and trying to win the Champions league with said players.
    It has been a quite interesting compassion, in who we have both decided on selling and playing.

-> For me, Lasse Schone had to go straight away. Sold him for 6mil. Played Blind and Siem De Jong in the middle (4-4-2).

***Viktor Fisher is playing as a poacher, netted 18goals and 14 assists in 23 games. Sigborsson as a target man, 24goals and 6assists in 30games. These two are monsters up front!

Anyway, wont take up anymore of your thread with my save :p Just know, that you have helped me find a save that I haven't got bored after the first season.
    Cheers for that! I will continue to follow and use this thread as a guide of sorts!
    Thanks a lot for the kind words, always appreciated! Great to hear I have some long term readers! I'm happy I inspired you too! I always find investing in youth, or growing a squad so much more rewarding in FM and makes me keep going on instead of making a new save every few days. I never thought of playing Fischer up front but it appears he's doing really, really well for you.

I'll be posting my tactic soon.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Maximus94 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the kind words, always appreciated! Great to hear I have some long term readers! I'm happy I inspired you too! I always find investing in youth, or growing a squad so much more rewarding in FM and makes me keep going on instead of making a new save every few days. I never thought of playing Fischer up front but it appears he's doing really, really well for you.

I'll be posting my tactic soon.
    I definitely agree. I usually start every year with spurs, win the lague and other cups then go out buying ALL the best regens. It starts to get boring after awhile. This year I got bored with spurs after 3 seasons, also just fed up and bored with the game....until I started the Ajax save, finding it far more interesting/exciting when playing with certain rules..

-Only allowing myself to buy DUTCH youth players.
    -Not allowed to buy any players between 20-30.
    -Only non dutch players I can buy are 30+ years old, on free transfers (mainly used to have a few veterans for tutoring. I picked up Gallas 1st season and Ronaldinho 2nd season for example).

I find this keeps things fresh!

Yeah Viktor has been great! Has all the key stats to be a major success as a poacher! Although PSG and Chelsea have started sniffing around :/

Looking forward to the tactic.

16. Name:  992.png
Views: 1309
    March 2016

Unbelievable Month!

Name:	Ajax-v-Manchester-United-Kenneth-Vermeer-Javi_2719772.jpg
Views:	1444
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	488004

Results

Eredivisie
    ADO Den Haag 0-2 Ajax
    (Denswil, Ebecilio)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 1-0 VVV
    (de Jong)

Eredivisie
    sc Heerenveen 2-4 Ajax
    (Ebecilio, van Dam, Sigborsson, van Lingen, Wildschut, Sahar)

UEFA Champions League Round of 16
    Manchester United 0-0 Ajax

Eredivisie
    NEC 0-1 Ajax
    (Fischer)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final
    Ajax 1-0 Juventus
    (Andersen)

Views:	1363
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	488005

Name:	UEFA Champions League_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	1387
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	488007

Name:	UEFA Champions League_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	1380
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	488010

Player of the Month

Stefano Denswil

Views:	1357
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	488013
    Stefano remain our rock at the back along with Veltman. Their partnership ensuring not a single goal was conceded in any match they featured in over March.

As expected United threw everything they had at us in the return leg, but our hard work on keeping our shape on the training ground worked a treat as we saw chance after chance wasted by United after they grew frustrated. Our nail-bitingly narrow draw ensured we'd progress for the first time in 13 years to the quarter finals where we'd face Juventus.

The Juventus game was a very tight affair. They preformed far better than United did on our turf. Ultimately, it was their lack of pace up front that prevented all their counter attacks penetrating our high line. The penalty from Andersen gives us an uncomfortable one goal advantage going to Italy.

17. Name:  992.png
Views: 1288
    April 2016

League Champions, but the Season Continues

Name:	U158P5029T2D588119F24DT20130506161932.jpg
Views:	1695
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	488199

Draws

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final

Chelsea vs Ajax

Results

Eredivisie
    Ajax 4-2 Feyenoord
    (Geraldo, Sigborsson, Vormer, Denswil x2, Andersen)

Juventus 1-0 p Ajax
    (Rondon)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 2-1 RKC
    (Kishna, Pluim, Ebecilio)

Eredivisie
    FC Den Bosch 1-3 Ajax
    (Sigborsson, Riedewald, Dijksteel, Kilic)

Eredivisie
    Zwolle 2-0 Ajax
    (Klich, Alfaro)

Views:	1358
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	488200Click image for larger version

Views:	1376
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	488202

Player of the Month

Stefano Denswil

Name:	Stefano Denswil_ Overview Profile-2.png
Views:	1354
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	488203
    Yet again, our most outstanding player.

The Juventus game was a real nail-biter. Both teams missed chance after chance, and only a brilliant Rondon solo effort on the break separated the teams after 210 minutes of play. The game went to penalties. Both team put their first 4 away without trouble, then Vermeer saved Fernando Lorente's effort. Serero stepped up to the mark, placed the ball, and shot at the left stick. Their GK touched it onto the post, 42,000 spectators fell silent, before the ball trickled over the line.

The draw sees us going to London first to face newly crowned Premier League winners Chelsea, which sees me go up against Mourinho for the 1st time since our last spat when I was in charge of Barcelona. I'm itching to whip the smug grin off his face this time around!
    Last edited by Maximus94; 05/02/2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

18. Hey bud. Glad to see that everything is still coming together. I've just started my third season and have just sold Van Rijn and Van Der Hoorn. Got 7.5 million for Van der Hoorn so couldn't say no. Ended up flogging a load more so went off piste a little bit and signed Mitrovic. Kind of fits the philosophy. Got a couple of quality regens come through so had to make room. Keep it up.
    Maximus94 likes this.

19. Just caught up with this. Still going really well.

Great results vs United and Juve, how are they doing on your save in their leagues now?

Keep it up
    Maximus94 likes this.

20. Serero is quality out on the right wing! Scores for fun! Just finished my second season and he scored 12goals and 14assists in 21 games!
    Maximus94 likes this.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Just caught up with this. Still going really well.

Great results vs United and Juve, how are they doing on your save in their leagues now?

Keep it up
    Juventus just finished 2nd after winning the previous 2 years, and United is the exact same.

22. Name:  992.png
Views: 1389
    May 2016

Fairy-tail Ends at the Final Hurdle

Name:	Ajax-fans-006.jpg
Views:	1563
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	488890

Results

Chelsea 1-3 Ajax
    (Willian, Fischer, Andersen, Denswil)

Ajax 2-2 Chelsea
    (Hazard x2, de Jong, Serero)

In both games our goals were seriously against the run of play. We made our chances from set pieces count as our 3 first leg goals all came directly from free-kicks. In the 2nd game, after Hazard scored his 2nd I made an early tactical change and decided to push higher up in order to push their midfield back. It worked as we won the game from that moment, scoring off a cross and a brilliant pass from de Jong for Serero to go 1v1 and put his chance away.

UEFA Champions League Final
    PSG 2-0 Ajax
    (Cavani x2)

The scoreline doesn't show how well we played. We held the game to 0-0 going into the final third of the match before a brilliant cross pinpointed Cavani's forehead. Late in the match, a poor long shot was fired towards our goal, it took a massive deflection off Cavani who knew nothing about it, and we were 2 behind with minutes to go.

Player of the Month

Lucas Andersen

Views:	1610
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	488892

Player of the Season

Stefano Denswil

Views:	1464
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	488871

Young Player of the Season

Jurgen van de Kerkhof
    J

Youth Player of the Season

Juan Andrea

Name:	Juan Andrea_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1440
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	488875

Award Winners

Name:	Eredivisie_ Awards Award Winners.png
Views:	1456
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	488877

Name:	Eredivisie_ Awards Award Winners-2.png
Views:	1422
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	489061

Other Continental Winner

Name:	UEFA Europa League_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1457
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	488880
    Last edited by Maximus94; 06/02/2014 at 07:47 AM.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Maximus94 View Post
    Can't do that mate, it wouldn't be realistic. Ajax have a duty in supplying the national team with class players, and really only sign youngsters from Scandinavia and Belgium.

Even neighbouring country, Germany, is a stretch.
    Not true. They bring in anyone!! Steven Pienaar isn't Dutch, Cuenca isn't Dutch....

24. Quote Originally Posted by Redbullsnation View Post
    Not true. They bring in anyone!! Steven Pienaar isn't Dutch, Cuenca isn't Dutch....
    Point taken. However, South Africans' are more common signing because a national language is Dutch, and they're strongly affiliated with Ajax CT. Cuenca is explained by the connection between Ajax and Barcelona.

I don't want my squad full of Brazilians, Frenchmen, Englishmen ect. I don't find it realistic. As I've said before. Another of my goals is to have only Dutch players throughout the entire club.
    mike887 likes this.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Maximus94 View Post
    Point taken. However, South Africans' are more common signing because a national language is Dutch, and they're strongly affiliated with Ajax CT. Cuenca is explained by the connection between Ajax and Barcelona.

I don't want my squad full of Brazilians, Frenchmen, Englishmen ect. I don't find it realistic. As I've said before. Another of my goals is to have only Dutch players throughout the entire club.
    Technically speaking, any south american players brought in would have a Dutch passport when they make it to the first team....and South Africans speak ENGLISH
    Last edited by Redbullsnation; 06/02/2014 at 01:47 AM.

26. Done brilliant to get to the final. Really good signs for the future mate
    Maximus94 likes this.

27. Losing the final is a shame, but it's still a brilliant accomplishment. You're far from running dry on talent at Ajax. Next season?
    Maximus94 likes this.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Kwarkzak View Post
    Losing the final is a shame, but it's still a brilliant accomplishment. You're far from running dry on talent at Ajax. Next season?
    I'm really surprised we managed to make the final. I set a personal goal of making past the round of 16, but the final was never in the picture.

I'm not sure we have the squad yet to push for constant success the likes of what we had this season. (I'll be trying to push out the final few "non-homegrown-at-club-players this season which could lead to a slightly weaker squad, and less depth). But, I'd say in 3 years we'll be very tough to look past.
    Last edited by Maximus94; 06/02/2014 at 10:51 PM.
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

29. Name:  992.png
Views: 1310
    Update

Name:  200px-Kicker-Sportmagazin_logo_svg_July2011.png
Views: 1280
Size:  6.0 KB

Rijkaard: A Tactical Genius

Name:	12190932-frank-rijkaard.jpg
Views:	3360
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	489749

Journalist: "Frank has been kind enough to provide us with a basis for the tactics he has used over the brilliant past 3 seasons in charge of Ajax:"

Name:	Ajax_ Tactics Team.png
Views:	1592
Size:	454.6 KB
ID:	489754

Name:	Ajax_ Tactics Team-3.png
Views:	1409
Size:	445.7 KB
ID:	489755
    Rijkaard: "I never play with this 2nd tactic. I only use it to make fine tweaks of the 1st one. Things like, lowing the tempo when we're ahead, and swapping the pivot for an advanced midfielder when we're behind. You get the idea."

Jounalist: "Where does your inspiration for this tactical style of play come from?"

Rijkaard: "Mainly from my Barcelona successor Pep Guardiola. I like to conserve the ball as much as possible, but also to hurt opponents with it. Liverpool's 2013-2015 team I feel also closely resembles our style, mainly in the quick tempo, moving the ball around fast to get the opponents our of position. What's your next question?"

(This is where I'd like you guys to ask if there's anything else you'd like to know. Using a bit of role playing, ask your questions not in the form of yourselves, but in the form of the interviewer above. Please use the same formatting to make it seamless...fingers crossed)

30. Jounalist: Who do you believe will be your star player in years to come?

&

Jounalist: Do you worry that you will end up losing many of your best players the more their reputations grow?

31. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Jounalist: Who do you believe will be your star player in years to come?

&

Jounalist: Do you worry that you will end up losing many of your best players the more their reputations grow?

Name:  115547.png
Views: 1721
Size:  55.1 KB

Frank: "Excellent questions, in the future I have no doubt we'll see several world class talents playing for our club. Van de Kerkhof has already proven he's a brilliant player at only 18 year old. He was our 1st choice CM all of last season and ended up making an amazing 43 appearances, 12 of which were Champions League games. As you'll know he's recently been called up to the senior national team. Another player that will be afforded a lot more matches this season will be fellow 18 year old van Dam. More attacking than van de Kerkhof, van Dam should also become a wonderful player. Think van Dam as in the mould of Iniesta, whereas van de Kerkhof is more like our Xavi. Not surprisingly, probably our most promising player is the 17 CB, Andrea. We all believe if he continues to work hard, he should become one, if not the greatest defender on the planet. My bet is he'll captain our national team in years to come. And I haven't even gotten started about our current u19 squad, hopefully, in the next year or two, they all speak for themselves as they show their class in international matches!

To answer your next question, keeping our players is undoubtedly our biggest challenge off the pitch. With billionaire owners already sniffing around to sign Andersen, Denswil, Veltman, Fischer, Bazoer pretty much our whole team, it'll be hard to keep onto our world-class players. In order to prevent them from leaving, we need to prove ourselves on the continental stage. Without the millions other league get for television revenue, we must every single euro we can our of our Champions League performances. Last year, our trip to the final saw our crowds grow to break records, we broke the shirt sales record, and we broke the club record for most money made from a competition pay-outs. This is the only way we can make, and keep a world-class team. There's no Arab or Russian coming to put a billion euro into the club any time soon..."
    Average Joe likes this.

32. Name:  992.png
Views: 1569
    August 2016

Super Start!

Name:	soc_g_fischer_d1_576.jpg
Views:	2989
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	491692

Draws

UEFA Champions League Group B

Chelsea, Ajax, Fiorentina, Freiburg

Results

JC Schaal
    Ajax 2-1 VVV
    (Fischer, Schouw, Veltman)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 5-2 Zwolle
    (Nijland x2, Andersen, Denswil, van Dam x2, Amrani)

Eredivisie
    RKC 1-2 Ajax
    (Dumitru, van de Kerkhof, Denswil)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 3-0 Vitesse
    (Fischer, de Jong, Menig)

Eredivisie
    NEC 2-4 Ajax
    (Andrist, van Ooijen, Denswil, Ebecilio, Andersen)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 3-0 ADO Den Haag
    (Andersen x2, Fischer)

Eredivisie
    GA Eagles 1-1 Ajax
    (Kramer, de Jong)

Views:	1617
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	491693

Player of the Month

Viktor Fischer

Name:	Viktor Fischer_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1600
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	491695
    August saw Viktor net in 3 goals, and a few assists with his crosses.

Transfers

Views:	1654
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	491697
    A very busy month for us in terms of players leaving the club. I was keen on letting Serero, Duarte, and Sigborsson go. However, Anderlecht's offer was completely out of the blue. I took a week to think about it. I had to accept it, the offer was too good to refuse, and I don't believe Karlsson would have reached his potential at our club.

Ajax: Built, not Bought-thulani-serero_-overview-profile.pngKolbeinn SigAjax: Built, not Bought-lerin-duarte_-overview-profile.png

Squad Status

Name:	Ajax_ Squad Players.png
Views:	1683
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	491704Click image for larger version

Name:	Ajax_ Squad Players-2.png
Views:	1695
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	491707
    With those transfers, our playing squad is now entirely made up of players that all have home-grown at club status. Meaning all players have represented the youth squads at some stage in their career. In my honest opinion, no other well recognised club can boast as having a youth policy better than ours, or a 1st team turn-over as good as ours!
    Last edited by Maximus94; 09/02/2014 at 02:43 AM.
    MANUMAD and Bobby Baggio like this.

33. Name:  992.png
Views: 1497
    September 2016

Strong European Results

Name:	1066158-17037146-640-360.jpg
Views:	1611
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	491815

Results

Eredivisie
    Ajax 4-0 Roda JC
    (Denswil x2, Ebecilio, van de Kerkhof)

Ajax 3-2 Freiburg
    (de Jong x3, Teixeira, Jonsson)

Eredivisie
    AZ 2-1 Ajax
    (Shynder x2, van de Kerkhof)

KNVB Beker
    Ajax 3-0 Hollandia
    (Menig, Nouri, de Heus o.g)

Eredivisie
    FC Utrecht 3-2 Ajax
    (de Jong, Soudani x2, Oar, Andersen)

Fiorentina 0-3 Ajax
    (Fischer, Denswil, Andersen)

Views:	1575
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	491817Click image for larger version

Views:	1605
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	491818

Player of the Month

Lucas Andersen

Views:	1597
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	491820
    Despite being outscored by de Jong and Denswil, Andersen winners our Player of the Month for a number of other reasons. He didn't pick up a single assist. However, his effort and intelligence gets him the award. In our Champions League games in particular, you'd struggle to find a player that worked harder. Making ingenious runs off the ball, and charging in like a pit-bull to close the ball down when we lost it.

34. Haha, you bought Nathan Rutjes? He's something of a cult hero IRL (mainly due to the somewhat silly surname, and his... er... choice of hairdo).

In my game he's quite shit, though. Why the purchase?

The results are amazing. KUTGW!
    Maximus94 likes this.

35. Quote Originally Posted by Kwarkzak View Post
    Haha, you bought Nathan Rutjes? He's something of a cult hero IRL (mainly due to the somewhat silly surname, and his... er... choice of hairdo).

In my game he's quite shit, though. Why the purchase?

The results are amazing. KUTGW!
    Solely for tutoring. He's another addition to our 'role-model player & early coaching program' team. (The game see's him as a player, whereas, I see him as a coach-to-be, working with 1 of our youngsters at a time.) He'll never take the field, well, maybe the Over-35's or legends 6-a-side teams

If he grow the mullet back he's gone!
    Last edited by Maximus94; 09/02/2014 at 10:29 AM.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Maximus94 View Post
    Solely for tutoring. He's another addition to our 'role-model player & early coaching program' team. (The game see's him as a player, whereas, I see him as a coach-to-be, working with 1 of our youngsters at a time.) He'll never take the field, well, maybe the Over-35's or legends 6-a-side teams

If he grow the mullet back he's gone!
    That's actually a brilliant idea. Taking older players with good mental stats and , them tutor players. I will steal this idea!

Anyway, considering my issues with the "no Dutch language" bug, I will now slowly start to focus on Dutch (language) players only. In my own game, I became champions with FC Groningen. Now I will have to replace Ajax as the prime source of Dutch football, too. ;-)

Anyway, looking forward to the next update, mate!
    Maximus94 likes this.

37. Name:  992.png
Views: 1439
    October 2016

Draw at the Top of the Table

Name:	Marcelo+Ajax+Amsterdam+v+PSV+Eindhoven+Eredivisie+NQp44eDO5Thl.jpg
Views:	1601
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	493574

Results

Eredivisie
    Ajax 3-0 FC Groningen
    (de Jong, Bazoer, Nouri)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 3-1 FC Twente
    (Nouri, Vaarnold, Bouy, Andersen)

Chelsea 1-2 Ajax
    (Denswil, Willian, de Jong)

Eredivisie
    PSV 2-2 Ajax
    (Nordtveit o.g, Omeruo, Andersen, Parker)

KNVB Beker
    Ajax 4-0 EVV
    (Menig x2, Kishna, Nouri)

Eredivisie
    Heracles 0-3 Ajax
    (Denswil, van Dam, de Jong)

Views:	1503
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	493575Click image for larger version

Views:	1527
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	493577

Player of the Month

Stefano Denswil

Views:	1533
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	493580
    A sight we're becoming rather accustomed to now, Stefano again picks up player of the month. Aside from the below average performance from the whole team away to league leaders PSV, Denswil and his colleagues defended extremely well. Take out the match, and we only conceded 1 league goal, and 1 goal away in London.

Name:	panoramic_4386_4393.jpg
Views:	3272
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	493583
    The board have just announced that the Amsterdam ArenA will be expanded from 53,000 to 60,000 due to the the 98% average attendance record we set last season due to our Champions League form. Hopefully, we'll be able to keep that average to the same level over the next few season in order to repay the boards faith in the team!

38. More money wouldn't be bad either

Just to get more regens!!

39. Name:  992.png
Views: 1358
    November 2016

Mourinho's Blues

Name:	jose-mourinho.png
Views:	1504
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	496493

Results

Ajax 1-1 Chelsea
    (van Dam, Cahill)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 1-0 Feyenoord
    (Veltman)

Eredivisie
    sc Heerenveen 2-4 Ajax
    (de Jong, van Dam, Andersen, Veltman, Promes, Balenziaga)

Freiburg 0-2 Ajax
    (de Jong, Denswil)

Eredivisie
    MVV 1-2 Ajax
    (Veltman o.g, Mitchell de Jong o.g, Nouri)

Ajax 4-0 Fiorentina
    (de Jong x2, Andersen, Andrea)

Views:	1443
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	496496Click image for larger version

Views:	1522
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	496498
    Chelsea have dropped into the Europa League due to their poor performances this season. The pressure seems to be intensifying on him, highlighted by our public spats at one-another through the media. I had to chase after him down the tunnel to get a handshake after our 1-1 draw. Not for the first time, I'm really getting under his skin.

Player of the Month

Siem de Jong

Name:	Siem de Jong_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1500
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	496495
    Captain fantastic, Siem has gone from one of our best play-makers into the main scoring threat. While 4 goals isn't exactly prolific, I'm giving the award to him mainly due to his influence. We never look like losing when he's in the game.

40. Name:  992.png
Views: 1299
    December 2016

Extending our Undefeated Run

Name:	59042.jpg
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	497261

Results

Eredivisie
    Ajax 1-0 VVV
    (Bazoer)

Eredivisie
    Zwolle 0-2 Ajax
    (Denswil, Andersen)

Eredivisie
    RKC 1-1 Ajax
    (Sylla, Andersen)

Eredivisie
    Vitesse 1-2 Ajax
    (Havenaar, Andersen x2)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 2-1 NEC
    (Disveld, Fischer, de Jong)

KNVB Beker
    NEC 0-3 Ajax
    (Andersen, Bouy, Ebecilio)

Views:	1364
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	497264

Player of the Month

Stefano Denswil

Views:	1354
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	497266
    Stefano edges 5 goal man, Andersen to win this months best player award. His commanding presence, and lighting recovery pace when our defensive line is too high went a long way to ensuring he won another award. At this rate he'll need a bigger cabinet very soon!

41. Name:  992.png
Views: 1401
    Update

Name:  200px-Kicker-Sportmagazin_logo_svg_July2011.png
Views: 1356
Size:  6.0 KB

First Man to Jump Ship

Name:  37024733.png
Views: 1528
Size:  46.3 KB VS Name:  115547.png
Views: 1562
Size:  55.1 KB

Journalist: Today Ajax have announced that Joel Veltman will no-long be a Ajax play come the end of the season. Liverpool were able to sign the highly experienced 25 year-old yesterday on a free transfer because his Ajax contract is due to expire in 6 months. Several Ajax insiders have suggested Veltman turned down several contract offers by the club, and would have become the highest paid player in the Eredivise. This will no doubt come as a blow to Rijkaard's team as Veltman has been inspired form ever since the Dutchman took charge 3 and a half years ago. Veltman himself has remained silent about to transfer thus far, however, his agent has voiced his joy about the deal. It's believed Liverpool offered the CB approximately 73,000 pounds a week to make the change, over 10 times his current Ajax wage. When pushed, Frank Rijkaard spoke at the ADO Den Haag press conference about the deal:

Rijkaard: "Today is a sad day for the club. Joel is a wonderful player, we all know that. He has been an excellent servant for the club, no-one at the club holds any grudge against him, and I hope the fans won't either. The same cannot be said for his agent. He's conned Joel into thinking he's doing the best by him, and Joel has unfortunately believed him. I believe he's solely behind this deal. Liverpool haven't made it to the Champions League group stage for 7 years, we were runners up last season. With respect to Liverpool, this deal is solely about the money. But I suppose that's modern football for you...Thankfully, we have Bazoer, Andrea, and Riedewald all ready to set up to the 1st team spot"
    Last edited by Maximus94; 14/02/2014 at 03:43 AM.

42. Name:  992.png
Views: 1361
    January 2017

Continued Good Form

Name:	media_xl_1150637.jpg
Views:	1536
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	497658

Draws

Ajax vs Monaco

Results

Eredivisie
    ADO Den Haag 1-3 Ajax
    (van Duinen, Andersen x2, de Jong)

KNVB Beker
    MVV 0-2 Ajax
    (Fischer, Bazoer)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 5-1 GA Eagles
    (van de Kerkhof, Blind, Koc, Fischer, Andersen, Ebecilio)

Views:	1445
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	497660

Player of the Month

Lucas Andersen

Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	497661
    Lucas picked up where he left off last season in front of goal, netting in 3 in 3 matches.

Transfers

Views:	1488
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	497662
    Nothing too serious during winter. We decided we had seen enough good matches from Bouy to buy him for 2.4M. While Tibbling paid for the deal, with his 3M move to Anderlecht.

43. Ouch. Shame about Veltman. He's a class player. Especially sour that he's walking out of the ArenA for free. Such is the lot in the Netherlands.

Other than that, it's going well!
    Maximus94 likes this.

44. Looking good mate, Mourinho losing his touch!?
    Maximus94 likes this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Looking good mate, Mourinho losing his touch!?
    Sure looks that way. Or, someone has finally outwitted him and he has no idea what to do?!

46. Name:  992.png
Views: 1335
    February 2017

de Jong, our Saviour!

Name:	339388_heroa.jpg
Views:	1402
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	498130

Results

Eredivisie
    Ajax 2-0 AZ
    (Andersen, Andrea)

Monaco 2-1 Ajax
    (Yarmolenko, Moutinho, Andersen)

Eredivisie
    Roda JC 1-2 Ajax
    (de Jong, Hupperts, Riedewald)

Eredivisie
    FC Groningen 0-2 Ajax
    (Fischer, van de Kerkhof)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 1-0 FC Utrecht
    (Kishna)

Ajax 3-0 Monaco
    (de Jong x3)

Views:	1377
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	498133Click image for larger version

Views:	1402
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	498136

Player of the Month

Siem de Jong

Views:	1445
ID:	498138
    In our 2nd leg Champions League Round of 16 clash the game was locked at 0-0 at half-time. We knew it couldn't remain like that for another 45 minutes or we'd be out. I yelled at the players at half-time that this was the most important 45 minutes of the season, that everything they'd done had lead up to this half. It worked! Everyone came flying out of the blocks. De Jong looked like a man possessed! His closing down was bulldog-like, his runs off the ball were powerful and calculated, and his finishing was something else. He was slid 3 threw balls in behind, he netted all 3. He put on the best individual display I've seen at this club in my 3 and a half years, and what a time to do it.

47. Siem de Jong reminds me a lot of Thomas Muller. Neither are given the most flattering technical stats in the game, but their mental stats are top class. They'll be the ones fighting the most. c:
    Maximus94 likes this.

48. Name:  992.png
Views: 1289
    March 2017

Finally, a Cup Final

Name:	184507_de-jnong_600x338.jpg
Views:	1577
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	498263

Draws

Ajax vs Manchester United, now for the 3rd consecutive season.

Results

Eredivisie
    Ajax 4-1 PSV
    (Andersen x2, de Jong x2, Zuber)

Eredivisie
    FC Twente 0-2 Ajax
    (Ebecilio, de Jong)

KNVB Beker Semi Final
    RKC 0-1 Ajax
    (de Jong)

Views:	1362
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	498264

Player of the Month

Siem de Jong

Views:	1457
ID:	498266
    Who else? Siem's one of several in-form players at the moment, but 4 goals in 3 games gets him the award. Seems the move to make him our main man up front is really paying off!

Youth Intake

Name:	Dustin Tip_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1379
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	498267Click image for larger version

Name:	Johan Verweij_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1367
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	498270Click image for larger version

Name:	Lorenzo Hoogland_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1371
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	498271Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustapha Afkir_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1374
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	498273
    Not our best year of players graduating through the youth system, however, Dip could become a 1st team player. We're severally lacking in good full-backs from the B team down so he should see first team action sooner than he might think.

49. Dustin Tip is good enough for the average Eredivisie match, I'd reckon!
    Maximus94 and mike887 like this.

50. Name:  992.png
Views: 1219
    April 2017

4 Weeks, 10 Games

Name:	knvbbeker798.jpg
Views:	1696
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	501048

Results

Eredivisie
    Ajax 5-0 Heracles
    (Andrea, Nouri x2, Dijksteel, Arts)

Ajax 5-0 Manchester United
    (Andersen x2, de Jong, Bazoer, Kishna)

Eredivisie
    sc Heerenveen 1-1 Ajax
    (Mengolo, Nouri)

Manchester United 2-1 Ajax
    (Welbeck, Andersen, Kagawa)

Eredivisie
    VVV 0-1 Ajax
    (Nouri)

UEFA Champions League Semi Final
    Ajax 1-2 PSG
    (Andersen, Witsel, Aubameyang)

KNVB Beker Final
    FC Twente 1-4 Ajax
    (Menig, Amrani, Vaarnold, Dijksteel, Vissers)

UEFA Champions League Semi Final
    PSG 2-2 Ajax (AET)
    (Insigne, Boilesen, de Jong, Lucas Moura)

Eredivisie
    Feyenoord 4-3 Ajax
    (Andersen, Andrea, Dijks o.g, Dijk, Pelle, Nouri, Geraldo)

Eredivisie
    Ajax 3-1 MVV
    (Andersen, Nouri, Menig, Luckermans)

Views:	1373
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	501050
    We managed to do the treble in Holland, winning all 3 trophies on offer. The Eredivise, JC Schaal, and KNVB Beker are now all sitting in our trophy cabinet together.

Player of the Month & Player of the Season

Lucas Andersen

Views:	1565
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	501051

Young Player of the Season

Sjaak van Dam

Name:	Sjaak van Dam_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1316
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	501054

Youth Player of the Season

Lorenzo Dijksteel

Name:	Lorenzo Dijksteel_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1302
Size:	289.3 KB
ID:	501056

Club Award Winners

Name:	Eredivisie_ Awards Award Winners.png
Views:	1328
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	501059

European Award Winners

Name:	UEFA Champions League_ Awards Award Winners.png
Views:	1326
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	501065Click image for larger version

Name:	UEFA Champions League_ Awards Award Winners-2.png
Views:	1380
Size:	409.8 KB
ID:	501066

Continental Competition Winners

Views:	1348
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	501061Click image for larger version

Name:	UEFA Europa League_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1302
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	501062
    Unfortunately, we went out to the hands of PSG again. But this time it was a much closer affair. We forced them at extra time, and one good cross the the feet of Lucas Moura was all that separated the teams. I think we could get a win against them next season when some of the younger players grow a little more.

Major European League Winners

Name:	1. Bundesliga_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1446
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	501067Click image for larger version

Name:	Barclays Premier League_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1406
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	501069Click image for larger version

Name:	Liga BBVA_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1414