Like Tree90Likes

Ajax: Built, not Bought
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

1. Quote Originally Posted by b3v5k1 View Post
    Bloody hell that's a champions league run and a half! Coming from behind against City, Utd and Chelsea is amazing, you have to win it now. Love the youth policy, whos the best regen you've had through so far?
    Our draw against them us a bit lucky as we got to play away first in all 3, so I focused on keeping them out, then went out all guns blazing in our home game. But, we did really well to beat all 3 as their squad is substantially better than ours as a whole.

The best regen through is defiantly a close race between van der Kerkhof (1st season) and Juan Andrea (2nd season). They have both turned into world beaters (-10 PA I'm pretty certain) and have been in the first team since 16 years old.

Ajax: Built, not Bought-juan-andrea_-overview-profile.pngAjax: Built, not Bought-kerkhof_-overview-profile.png
    Last edited by Maximus94; 21/04/2014 at 11:32 PM.
    jackmc123 likes this.

2. Just read all 16 pages great story keep up the good work and am off to start a Ajax save
    Maximus94 likes this.

3. Name:  992.png
Views: 1434
Size:  49.4 KB
    Champions League Final

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.png
Views:	1431
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	558641
    A group stages rematch, Ajax won their home leg 3-0, while Monaco won theirs 3-1 early this season.

Name:	velodrome4.jpg
Views:	2011
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	558647
    4:00pm: Teams inspect the pitch at the Stade Velodrome

Name:	stade_velodrome_pes2013.jpg
Views:	1616
Size:	490.3 KB
ID:	558650
    6:00pm: Anticipation builds the gates open and fans pour in

Name:	velodrome1.jpg
Views:	1576
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	558644
    19:45pm: The match begins!

Half-time score
    Name:  992.png
Size:  49.4 KB0-0Name:  826.png
Views: 1425
Size:  31.1 KB

Full-time score
Size:  49.4 KB0-0Name:  826.png

Extra-time score
Size:  49.4 KB2-0Name:  826.png

Name:	00675669.jpg
Views:	1821
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	558656Click image for larger version

Name:	Ajax-fans-006.jpg
Views:	1846
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	558659
    Ajax fans go wild as the final whistle blows!

Name:	frank-rijkaard_1292949c.jpg
Views:	2017
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	558670

Name:	Ajax v Monaco_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	1436
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	558669

Last edited by Maximus94; 19/04/2014 at 01:21 AM.

4. Name:  992.png
Views: 1301
Size:  49.4 KB
    July 2019

Rijkaard Retires

Name:	0003d39a-642.jpg
Views:	3366
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	561545

Ajax manager Frank Rijkaard has this morning announced this retirement from management. The 56 years olds announcement comes just 6 days after Ajax's Champions League victory. Rijkaard has been hailed as one of the greatest tacticians in football, based on his record against stronger sides in continental competition. His ability to develop young Dutch players will also be fondly remembered, and thanked by Dutch football fans for decades to come. Currently, 10 of his players are regulars in the nation team, with dozens more in the youth teams. His off-pitch legacy will be best remembered for his 6 years in charge of Ajax, where he was able to make history by claiming Champions League victory with a 25 man squad that all came through the youth ranks of the club. A feat many thought impossible in modern football. He maintained a phenomenal 70% win record at the club, and was widely touted to take over the national team ahead of the 2022 World Cup. The high points of his career included 2 La Liga titles, 6 Eredivisie titles, and 2 Champions League titles. It's believed Rijkaard will take up a directors role at Ajax and former Ajax manager, turned B team manager, Frank de Boer will take the reigns once-more.

So that's it guys. I've completed my main goal and I'm calling quits on this story, I just feel too restricted by it now, not being able to buy anyone anymore now that all the Ajax players that left before I took over are past it.

Please, I'd like all of you to leave a message below. I'd like to know who's followed from day 1, who picked up half-way through, who just read it now, what you enjoyed, and most importantly, how can I make my presentation better?

I've already started working on my FM15 story, which I can promise is going to blow this one away.

Last edited by Maximus94; 18/10/2014 at 01:36 PM.
    Trophy_Whorder and mbaudrier like this.

5. Well done dude. As you know I have followed your story from the start. Enjoyed it so much that I even started my own Ajax save following simialr rules to your story.

I must admit I never made it far enough to win the champion's league with home-brew talent. That achievement is yours, and yours alone!

The presentation was great, the fact that you kept it thorough throughout; many people start with a detailed story them dim it down to a couple of lines after a while, so kudos for keeping it detailed!

So once again, cheers for the entertaining story; I look forward to the next!
    Last edited by Disclaimer89; 22/04/2014 at 02:47 AM.
    Maximus94 likes this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Disclaimer89 View Post
    Well done dude. As you know I have followed your story from the start. Enjoyed it so much that I even started my own Ajax save following simialr rules to your story.

I must admit I never made it far enough to win the champion's league with home-brew talent. That achievement is yours, and yours alone!

The presentation was great, the fact that you kept it thorough throughout; many people start with a detailed story them dim it down to a couple of lines after a while, so kudos for keeping it detailed!

So once again, cheers for the entertaining story; I look forward to the next!
    Thanks mate! Loved your input throughout!

Maintaining presentation got on my nerves at times, I started to HATE the text colour button with a passion! Those months with 8 matches and different colours gave me headaches!

See you in FM15!
    Last edited by Maximus94; 22/04/2014 at 03:30 AM.
    Disclaimer89 likes this.

7. Am gutted you have stopped the story but what you have done is a amazing a love playing with Ajax aswell but a have only ever won the Europa league and a thought that was good but you have just blew me out the park. Great story once again and a really enjoyed it. Good luck in the future and am looking forward already to fm15 story !
    Maximus94 likes this.

8. Shame you have called it a day, but I suppose its better to end on a high while you were still enjoying the save. Really enjoyed your philisophy but I know that it gets to the point that you just have to give up as your doing the same thing season after season. Will look forward to your fm15 save. Any clues to what it will be?
    Maximus94 likes this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by DTodd View Post
    Am gutted you have stopped the story but what you have done is a amazing a love playing with Ajax aswell but a have only ever won the Europa league and a thought that was good but you have just blew me out the park. Great story once again and a really enjoyed it. Good luck in the future and am looking forward already to fm15 story !
    Quote Originally Posted by b3v5k1 View Post
    Shame you have called it a day, but I suppose its better to end on a high while you were still enjoying the save. Really enjoyed your philisophy but I know that it gets to the point that you just have to give up as your doing the same thing season after season. Will look forward to your fm15 save. Any clues to what it will be?
    Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it!

I don't want to give too much away, but, since I know the most about English football I've found I'm able to write a more realistic and in-depth start to my FM15 story.

See you both in FM15 (as soon as SI release a patch that makes the ME playable!)
    DTodd likes this.

10. Thanks a lot guys

Last edited by Maximus94; 12/06/2014 at 12:53 AM.
    mbaudrier and Jimmy Antunes like this.

11. I just seen this today and I can tell you I really wish I had picked up on it from the beginning!!! Absolutely brilliant, enjoyed from the first page to the last.
    Maximus94 likes this.

12. Same for me. Just read it in one shot, loved it !

I try to do the same thing with Southampton but god this is really hard (didn't succeed to get a regen with the level of Bale, Walcott or Shaw in 4 seasons..)
    Maximus94 likes this.

13. Read in one go! fantastic story!

Gosh, this was so good man I really love it cuz i have been following Ajax for quite a while now. I always do an Ajax save when I play manager and this has really given me an idea of what I could do in both fm 2014 and fm 2015 with Ajax. Cheers!
    Maximus94 likes this.

14. Brilliant story,

Just sat here at work (night shift + security = fuck all to do)

And it has kept me entertained!

Will deffo follow your FM15! Even more so as you seem to be going to England!
    Maximus94 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO