Like Tree340Likes

Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    Aye, I've had decent results with them but I find it hard to get the right balance. I have PI (player instruction) given to a few guys, ie. my full-backs have "get forward often" and my F9 has "holds up the ball" but overall, I don't want that much individual freedom since I like my teams playing a compact, team-based based game.

It's all about your vision for how you want the team to play. I like to see a lot of passes, (not Barca-esqu football, I don't want to imitate anyone) but I want to see the ball being moved around a lot. Stretching from wing to wing with a patient approach so I usually have "play wider, shorter passing, look for the overlap and pass into space" picked. That's the way I like to play football.
    I have a skilled striker just to play like that, but I have a variation. Running direct at defence can be effective in some games. I never keep PI in tactic, I set it individually in every match according to how I want to exploit opposition's weakness. Slow defenders, Dribble more and so on.

2. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Left my save-file at work over the weekend so there will be no updates until Monday/Tuesday.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    Left my save-file at work over the weekend so there will be no updates until Monday/Tuesday.
    oh dude you should now that, never mix business with pleasure!

4. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Never mix business and pleasure? What else is there to do then?!

5. Hey great story mate.

Do you have screenshots of the young lads? (Ibe,Sinclair,Sterling,Suso,Chirivella,Rossiter,.. ?)

6. Looking forward to the next update!

7. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrroen View Post
    Hey great story mate.

Do you have screenshots of the young lads? (Ibe,Sinclair,Sterling,Suso,Chirivella,Rossiter,.. ?)

Suso
    Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.-suso.png

Jordan Rossiter
    Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.-jordan-rossiter.png

Raheem Sterling
    Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.-sterling.png

Jordan Ibe
    Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.-ibe.png

Pedro Chirivella
    Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.-pedro-chirivella.png

Jerome Sinclair
    Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.-jerome-sinclair.png

Want a Screenshot of anyone else?

8. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Riess View Post
    Looking forward to the next update!
    Just starting on it now mate, should be up in an about half an hour

9. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Name:  epl-logo.jpg
Views: 1560
Size:  65.4 KB
    Name:  Untitled-1.png
Views: 1486
Size:  30.2 KB

It would be too easy to sit and say it was a poor month. Results didn't go our way but there is no crisis in the camp. Being beaten by one goal dose not mean much. I feel our problem is not that we've faced better teams, our problem is were not showing how good we are. Scoring goals is our problem and that's been letting down our impressive defensive displays.

Views: 2094
Size:  50.0 KB

Views: 1486
Size:  45.3 KB

Olympiakos had possession and kept it well, meaning that we needed to to take the chances we were given but failed in that task. Scoring goals has been difficult for me this season.

Views: 1522
Size:  49.0 KB

Views: 1501
Size:  39.8 KB

A screamer of a free-kick meant we shared the points here. I have no real complaints with this result, we moved the ball well but Brad Guzan was in great form and kept out all but Coutinhio's first half effort.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MarcAndre-ter-Stegen_2772539.jpg
Views:	2464
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	487677

Marc ter Stegen is out with an injury, only hours before our match with Chelsea. Frasier Forster pulled up 2 days beforehand, meaning Ryan Fulton, the 19 year old Scott, makes his Liverpool debut against Chelsea at Standofrd Bridge

Views: 1649
Size:  51.9 KB

Views: 1528
Size:  40.3 KB

I set myself up to not loose. Away from home without my 1st or 2nd choice keeper, but Fulton proved himself a competent Goalkeeper and has earned a place on my bench when ter Stegen is full fit again.

Views: 1510
Size:  54.1 KB

Views: 1507
Size:  39.4 KB

Caught from a cheeky cross and Ibrahimovic proved why he is Europe's most fearsome traveled striker.
    Very even game but sadly, PSG proved too strong and do the double over my side. My 3rd loss but remarkably, still find myself 2nd group, setting up a winner-takes-all showdown with Lokomotiv Moskow.

Views: 1494
Size:  49.8 KB

Views: 1515
Size:  41.8 KB

The game tells me ter Stergen missed catching a cross but I felt it was a fantastic cross, either way we lost and dropped places in the table.

Views: 1499
Size:  72.7 KB

My defense has been fantastic so far, conceding only 11 goals in 13 games but scoring has been where I've been having trouble. Still early days, so much to play for and despite sitting 7th, I'm pleased with our start.

Views: 1463
Size:  19.0 KB

I've been disappointed and feel undeserving of the title "defending champions." Defensively, we've been doing well but up front, we're been utterly poor and need to improve.

Last edited by Brendn; 04/02/2014 at 08:58 PM.
    Jabravn likes this.

10. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Key Man out for 3 months

Name:  philippeCoutinhoLiverpool_large.jpg
Views: 1603
Size:  41.8 KB

Philippe Coutinhio is out for 3 months with a torn calf muscle. Huge loss as he's one of my main creative
    players and contributes a lot of assists.

11. Poor form happens mate, bad injury on top of that. I just broke my laptop's screen after punching it in frustration while bad form. Good luck for next month.

12. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

December

Views: 2077
    Name:  a.png
Views: 2027
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  adrian vilarino.png
Views: 2055
Size:  49.2 KB

Views: 2033
Size:  33.5 KB

Views: 2030
Size:  50.5 KB

Views: 2024
Size:  40.0 KB

Views: 2037
Size:  45.2 KB

Views: 2001
Size:  40.2 KB

We spent pretty much the entire game with 10 men yet dominated and secured a vital win. It was a winner takes all: Winner takes Champions League, Looser takes Eurpoa League

FIFA Club World Cup
    Name:  BWJ_4pSCQAAClNp.jpg
Views: 22818
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:	a.png
Views:	2046
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	488165

Views: 2013
Size:  52.6 KB

Views: 2015
Size:  45.7 KB

Views: 1992
Size:  31.2 KB

Views: 2003
Size:  37.0 KB

Luis Suarez
    Name:  Liverpool-vs-Cardiff-City-2949201.jpg
Views: 3597
Size:  55.1 KB

Luis Suarez is quickly becoming a legend at Liverpool F.C. scoring 89 goals in 162
    appearances for the Merseyside club.

Views: 1994
Size:  48.0 KB

Views: 1986
Size:  31.1 KB

Views: 1989
Size:  52.4 KB

Views: 1997
Size:  29.9 KB

Views: 1990
Size:  46.1 KB

Views: 1990
Size:  36.6 KB

League Table
Views: 2035
Size:  71.1 KB

Champions League: Group Stage

Relegated from Europe
    Allsvenskan 1pts
    Olympiakos 4pts
    Vitesse 4pts
    AS Nancy Lorraine 3pts
    Slovan Bratislava 6pts
    Hamburger S.V. 1pts
    Partizan Belgrade 3pts
    R.S.C. Anderlecht 3pts

Relegated to UEFA Europa League
    Fiorentina 7pts
    Lokomotiv Moscow 5pts
    Besiktas 8pts
    Sevilla 7pts
    Steaua Bucharest 6pts
    AS Saint-Etienne 9pts
    Galatasaray 7pts
    S.K. Rapid Wien 5pts

Qualified for next round
    Group Winners
    Group Runners-Up
    Real Madrid 15pts Stuttgart 11pts
    Paris Saint-Germain 16pts Liverpool 9pts
    Shakhtar 13pts F.C. Porto 8pts
    Chelsea 13pts Dortmund 11pts
    Manchester UNited 18pts Spartak Moscow 6pts
    Atletico Mardid 15pts Benfica 10pts
    Juventus 13pts F.C. Bayern Munich 12pts
    Barcelona 16pts Manchester City 10pts

First Knockout Round
Views: 2002
Size:  68.2 KB

Final Venue - Millennium Stadium

Name:	hull-fc-v-hull-kingston-rovers-29942.jpg
Views:	4808
Size:	928.8 KB
ID:	488214

Capacity: 74,500
    Dimensions: 120 m ? 79 m
    Last edited by Brendn; 05/02/2014 at 11:39 AM.
    Mauzeer and AayushCFC like this.

13. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

The end of an Era

Name:  gerrard1000_51efe6db417af141165892.jpg
Views: 4077
Size:  117.2 KB

Views:	1945
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	488371

Career Bio

Views:	1959
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	488374

14. almost perfect mate!!!with 2 wins you will be 4 points behind arsenal.

15. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoney85 View Post
    almost perfect mate!!!with 2 wins you will be 4 points behind arsenal.
    I'd love to get a title challenge going! Consistency has been hard to come by. I've managed to get the team scoring again but that mid season blip may have cost me a genuine challenge for the title. Still, I'll keep fighting and see where I end up.
    AayushCFC likes this.

16. Realy enjoy this story sad about the United game, but we still just remember the CL victory!

17. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Janurary

Views: 1888
Views: 1875
Size:  49.9 KB

Views: 1881
Size:  49.6 KB

Views: 1861
Size:  46.5 KB

Views: 1866
Size:  52.2 KB

Views: 1843
Size:  44.1 KB

Views: 1867
Size:  53.8 KB

Views: 1850

Views: 1853
Size:  54.8 KB

Views: 1857
Size:  51.8 KB

Views: 1869
Size:  56.3 KB

Views: 1854
Size:  36.6 KB

Views: 1860
Size:  56.7 KB

Size:  46.4 KB

Views: 1856
Size:  57.5 KB

Views: 1859
Size:  47.4 KB

Size:  51.6 KB

Views: 1855
Size:  48.4 KB

Views: 1849

Views: 1871
Size:  38.9 KB

Views: 1858
Size:  77.8 KB

Mauzeer likes this.

18. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Transfer Window

In-comings

Views: 1782
Size:  221.6 KB

Name:  southampton.png
Views: 1758
Size:  47.0 KB

The next Peter Shilton! I think I over spent on him but I wanted to get a young English Keeper into the club early.

Views: 1772
Size:  216.1 KB

Views: 1769
Size:  56.1 KB

Very decent player, a St.Patrick Athletic regen who Newcastle signed for ?170K. I spotted his potential and snapped him up for ?350K soon afterwards. He's already good enough to be my No.2 and take cup games and I feel he'll provide great competition for ter Stegen.

Views: 1813
Size:  209.6 KB
Views: 1781
Size:  58.7 KB

I felt we lacked quality on the right. Sterling is a great prospect but he needs the competition and Markovic's style of play really suits what I want my wide men to do!

Views: 1785
Size:  204.0 KB
Views: 1744
Size:  7.0 KB

Good solid back up player. I feel he could operate well as an Attacking Midfielder or a Supporting Striker.

Views: 1785
Size:  199.0 KB

Views: 1793
Size:  58.6 KB

Views: 1779
Size:  60.9 KB

The kid's record speaks for itself. At just 22 years of age, he's already amassed an impressive 55 goals in 142 league appearances. I feel he can only get better and with the quality of players he'll now be training with, we could have another Argentinian sucsess story in Europe.

Outgoings

Views: 1818
Size:  539.0 KB

Daniel Sturridge
Views: 1747
Size:  58.6 KB

I hadn't intended on selling him since he was a good rotation player but he was never going to replace Suarez. He tended to be a bit selfish on the ball and often overlooked the better passing options but I liked him as a player, he chipped in with some important goals: 32 goals in 69 league appearances.

Name:  Gall-MS-Roof-05.jpg
Views: 3934
Size:  43.4 KB

Jose Enrique
Views: 1747
Size:  50.3 KB

After singing both Shaw and Kurzawa, there was no room for an aging Enrique so I decided to let the 30 year old go.

Mahoney85 likes this.

19. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Feburary

Views: 1729
Views: 1710
Size:  34.2 KB

Views: 1723
Size:  48.8 KB

Views: 1738
Size:  37.0 KB

Views: 1746
Size:  51.2 KB

Views: 1732
Size:  28.4 KB

Views: 1740
Size:  51.9 KB

Views: 1754
Size:  33.4 KB

Outplayed. We simply weren't good enough on the day and deserve to go out of the Cup.
    First year I haven't appeared in a domestic Cup Final.

Size:  45.8 KB

Size:  35.3 KB

Suarez had an off game but we came out with a 2-1 win. Need to grab an away goal to cancel out theirs.

Views: 1735
Size:  51.4 KB

Views: 1738
Size:  43.2 KB

Size:  51.8 KB

Views: 1724
Size:  31.4 KB

Huge result in a ding-dong game. I felt we evenly match City and deservedly shared the points.

League Table
Views: 1745
Size:  83.3 KB

It's going to be an exciting end to the season.
    9 games left to play and only 7pts separate 1st from 7th. The race for the title is still wide open!
    Mahoney85, Mauzeer and Pinadiku like this.

20. I'm been so busy on my story this is the 1st I've seen of this! Your lay-out is beautiful, it's a joy to read Brendn! Keep it up!

2 questions. 1) Are you pasting from word, or is this all done using the FM Base comment poster (if so, I commend you!)?

2) What program/app are you using to crop your SS's? I'm looking to start cropping mine similar to yours.

21. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus94 View Post
    I'm been so busy on my story this is the 1st I've seen of this! Your lay-out is beautiful, it's a joy to read Brendn! Keep it up!

2 questions. 1) Are you pasting from word, or is this all done using the FM Base comment poster (if so, I commend you!)?

2) What program/app are you using to crop your SS's? I'm looking to start cropping mine similar to yours.

Not a bother mate. I'm a fan our your Ajax story so I'm glad you've been busy with it
    Thanks for the compliments, I've always enjoyed playing around with images so it's fun for me.

Question 1. Answer: Nope, All done in the FM base comment poster. I make full use of the "upload images" feature to put my stamp on the story though.

Question 2. Answer: I'm using Photoshop myself (Gimp2 is a freeware alternative) to edit the screenshots. A handy tip, pressing "print screen" key on the keyboard copies whatever is being displayed ontot he clipboard so you can then "past" it into paint/Photoshop, ect. From there, I just edit the Aesthetics from there. Feel free to take any ideas you get from here. I've been messing around with my layout trying to find the right balance ballence between visually appealing and fun to make.
    Maximus94 likes this.

22. 19M from sturridge is a good value.Since you are close enough to challenge the title, you MUST do your best!February was a positive month. To be honest though, I am disappointed with the capture of Sasaki, unless you sell him for some money in order to make a profit. Finally, even though Markovic and Vietto are really good players (and they will help you) I believe you should be aiming to create an "english" liverpool team. I fully support you as a liverpool fan and I am just commenting. Well, now that I am thinking about it, I am criticizing. I should be criticizing you!You are the liverpool head coach!lol
    Bring some english players you c**t!!! (sorry if you found that offensive, it is not my intention, I mess around just for the laughs. I would stop if asked)

Anyway, I will be waiting for the next update, which will hopefully be positive. Let's pray for some decent youth intake

cheers
    TommyTomster likes this.

23. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoney85 View Post
    19M from sturridge is a good value.Since you are close enough to challenge the title, you MUST do your best!February was a positive month. To be honest though, I am disappointed with the capture of Sasaki, unless you sell him for some money in order to make a profit. Finally, even though Markovic and Vietto are really good players (and they will help you) I believe you should be aiming to create an "english" liverpool team. I fully support you as a liverpool fan and I am just commenting. Well, now that I am thinking about it, I am criticizing. I should be criticizing you!You are the liverpool head coach!lol
    Bring some english players you c**t!!! (sorry if you found that offensive, it is not my intention, I mess around just for the laughs. I would stop if asked)

Anyway, I will be waiting for the next update, which will hopefully be positive. Let's pray for some decent youth intake

cheers

Aye, I want to challenge for the title. It's a little early in the plan though, wasn't expecting to be in a position ot fight for the title for maybe another 2 years.I'll be giving it my all though!!

I initially thought against it and wanted to keep Sturridge but his form is very up and down. Won't score for weeks and them bang in a hat-trick! I can't rely on him and his Long-Shot PPM makes him a liability to play as a loan forward. 19M was a great price so I let him go.

Almost half my first team squad is English and my most promising youngsters are English
    Liverpool Squad 2014/15 (Pre-deadline day signings)

Sasaki is a decent capture, he can do a good job I feel. I didn't sign him for the first team though so don't worry there. He's there as a squad player but his attributes are great for a Supporting striker.

An English Liverpool team is something I don't have much of an interest in really. I have a lot of English players because I like having a strong domestic player basis but I won't pick an English man just because he's English, I like a good international representation as well.

24. To the previyou have previous comment i would say you have a lot of english players, certainly compared to me. Im currently in the 2022/23 season and about 1/3 (11/30) of my squad are english and my domestic player bias is at 1%! ONE!
    your still doing really well. i didnt win anything till the 2020/21 season (when i won the fa cup) then the following season (2021/22) i won the quadruple - fa cup, premier league, champions league and the community shield. Now midway through 2022/23 season and lost both super cup and community shield, but won club world cup. That all took me 10 or so years so you're doing really well!

25. Great Story mate. i'm really enjoying this and look forward to seeing more.

26. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcchris1976 View Post
    Great Story mate. i'm really enjoying this and look forward to seeing more.
    Sound mate. I never play much over the weekends but I should have an update up tomorrow.
    Cheers.

27. Hey Brendn, I just read what you said to Maximus and It's much MUCH easier to use "alt + f9" to take screenshots as you dont have to edit out the task bar. I do this for the Napoli Pass the Parcel save and when I did my Cardiff save. Hope this helps/enlightens you

28. Nice story, i have read all the 33 pages when i was waiting for the dishwasher to be done. KIU

29. Hey really like your story. It's really good but how do you get Suarez to score so many. With me he barely ever scores.

30. Great story mate. Always a say day when Gerrard retired! Hoping I can replicate your success in the Liverpool story I have started!

31. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by tiebreak View Post
    Nice story, i have read all the 33 pages when i was waiting for the dishwasher to be done. KIU
    Haha, Keeping poepl entertained while doing household chores, that's the dream!!!!
    Glad you're enjoying the story.

Quote Originally Posted by TKarim813 View Post
    Hey really like your story. It's really good but how do you get Suarez to score so many. With me he barely ever scores.

Thanks mate. The key for Suarez to score is to give him good service. I'm a huge believer in "strikers finish, midfield creates; If you asking one side to do both jobs, you're not going to have much success."

I tend to play him as a Trequarsta simply because I've found he hangs off the back four and finds great pockets of space. If the ball comes cleanly to his feet, he is excellent at beating his man and getting a shot away.

Make sure you're midfield is cohesive and creating the chances, then Suarez will put them away

Quote Originally Posted by iamauser View Post
    Great story mate. Always a say day when Gerrard retired! Hoping I can replicate your success in the Liverpool story I have started!
    Sound man. I'm really enjoying this save. Rossitier is developing faster than I expected so I'm not that worried about Gerrard retiering. He's been a massive player for me though in these three years but Henderson is more than able to take his place with his dynamic running and insane levels of stamina.

It's funny, I wouldn't consider this save to be all that successful I got lucky with my path to the Champions League final win but I've lost 3 finals. I could be in a very commanding position but my insistences on going with youth has led to consistency problems. Still, this save is great fun

32. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    really sorry for the lack of updates.

I had to sit 3 exams last weeks so I've been flat out studying and had no time to play FM. Having a well deserved break for the weekend and will hopefully complete March by monday/tuesday.

33. Thanks for your help. Managed to get him to score by playing him as F9 or inside forward. Looking forward to next update.

34. Loving the story so far, would be fitting to see Gerrard win the title in his final season.

35. Bredn!!!

We are missing the story!!!

36. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinadiku View Post
    Bredn!!!

We are missing the story!!!
    I'm 1 match away from Finishing March. Should have an update out today.

37. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 1459
Views: 1389
Size:  30.6 KB

A huge month behind us with some great results. Not loosing to either of the London sides has get us up for a title challenge! As well as a record breaking away win against Dortmund, March was one to remember.

Views: 1403
Size:  47.7 KB

Views: 1427
Size:  39.1 KB

Views: 1427
Size:  49.0 KB

Views: 1436
Size:  37.2 KB

Views: 1443
Size:  49.9 KB

Views: 1420
Size:  35.7 KB

Got away with murder here. Should have been well beaten! ter Stegen earned his wages this week!

Views: 1446
Size:  50.6 KB

Views: 1437
Size:  41.9 KB

Marc-Andre ter Stegen put in a heroic display, saving a Frank Lampard Penalty to keep a clean sheet.
    I could give out about our missed chances and say we should have won but lets face it, Chelsea could probably say the same and will feel even more hard done by. The two Goalkeepers kept both sides firmly in the game.

Views: 1411
Size:  52.0 KB

Views: 1432
Size:  40.4 KB

My oh my, oh my oh my!

Champions League: Round Semi-Final
Views: 1419
Size:  29.7 KB

League Table
Views: 1426
Size:  75.3 KB

Mahoney85 and Maximus94 like this.

38. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Destroying Dortmund: How I did it

Name:  c2acf_142d8_130525171203-champions-league-final-27-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  56.5 KB
Views: 1431
Size:  11.2 KB
    Name:  Dortmund-loss-Getty.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  25.3 KB

The first thing I did, before deciding how I'd approach this game, was to check Dortmund's recent results.

Views: 1423
Size:  67.5 KB

After analyzing these games, I noticed a trend.
    Most of their advanced play was initiated by Ilkay Gundogan.

Name:  Gundogan.jpg
Views: 1654
Size:  34.1 KB

Views: 1447
Size:  168.5 KB

Dortmund have lined up as a 4-3-3 in 4 of their last 5 games so I felt confident I'd see them use this formation against me.

Views: 1582
Size:  226.7 KB

1. I've noticed De Jong and Mkhitaryan operating in an classic 9 and 10 role: De Jong was the furthest forward, led the line and used his strength and height to won the ball while Mkhitaryan dropped deeper and offered overlapping runs. They did not offer much creatively and very much relied on Gundongan to play both of them in.

2. Sven Bender, tended to operate in a Deep role, mainly being used as a Holding midfielder and securing possession before passing. Gundongan was clearly the central player responsible for forward play. If I could keep him quiet, I can render Dortmund impotent.

Views: 1444
Size:  246.0 KB
    Both Lucas and Alonso missed this match through suspension so I decided to play Gerrard and Henderson in DCM roles. Gerrard has the mental and technical attributes to execute the HB role perfectly and Henderson's dynamism and energy will that vital link between midfield and defense

Glen Johnson at CB was a move I was forced to make after Martin Kelly went off injured during the Chelsea game.

It was Henderson's job to Man-Mark Gundongan and keep him quiet. With his insane stamina and natural fitness, I knew he had the energy to keep close to him for the full 90.

Gerrard would drop back while defending at act as the 3rd CB to nullify the roaming runs of Mkhitaryan while Shawcross and Johnson would deal with De Jong.

I instructed Coutinho to Man Mark Sven Bender to disrupt Dortmund's Attacking shape and remove the "safe" out ball.

I employed Coutinhio in a Sporting Striker role since I wanted to encourage Bender to mark him, forcing him deep into his own half; isolating Gundongan while Suarez was given a Complete Forward role to be a pain in Dortmund's Ass.

Meaning this is what the pitch looked like with both teams playing.

Name:  Football_wallpapers_106.png
Views: 2141
Size:  612.1 KB

Views: 1405
Size:  46.4 KB
Views: 1403
Size:  42.1 KB

As you can see, Gundogan had a horrible game, getting substituted soon afterwards. Bender played well since he marked Coutinhio well but with Suarez, Brant & Markovic running overlapping line, Coutinho was spoiled for choices when creating chances. We had them playing nervously and this was reflected in the 3 penalties they gave away.

And with a 7-2 away win, the tie is effectively over.

39. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
Views: 1418
Size:  294.5 KB

March ended up being quite a good month award-wise
    KevinHann, Mahoney85 and Jabravn like this.

40. Love your work on this story, mate! How long does photoshopping new players you sign with Liverpool shirts take you per image?

41. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinHann View Post
    Love your work on this story, mate! How long does Photoshopping new players you sign with Liverpool shirts take you per image?
    It doesn't take that long, maybe 5-10 mins for each signing. I'm a sucker for realism so I try to make it as immersive for myself as possible.

Though I did get lazy and didn't do it at the start of this season but I'm planning on bringing it back for the 2016/17 Season

42. Amazing story so far, mate - although I despise Liverpool (the irony is my best save on FM12 was with them )

Nice analysis of the Dortmund game as well - I usually just put out my best team against them with a fluid tactic - if they don't have Lewandowski, they can't deal with my team!

43. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    It doesn't take that long, maybe 5-10 mins for each signing. I'm a sucker for realism so I try to make it as immersive for myself as possible.

Though I did get lazy and didn't do it at the start of this season but I'm planning on bringing it back for the 2016/17 Season
    I totally feel you there, mate Are you available for hire to contribute for someone else's story?

44. wow what a month can't wait til the end of the season to see what you win keep it up loving this so far

45. wow what a month can't wait til the end of the season to see what you win keep it up loving this so far

what instructions do you give suarez i cant seem to get the best out of him sturridge is better on my game

46. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinHann View Post
    I totally feel you there, mate Are you available for hire to contribute for someone else's story?
    PM me if you need a hand, I'll see what I can do mate

47. That tactical analysis of the dortmund game, was just pure and sheer brilliance! very clever indeed!

48. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTomster View Post
    That tactical analysis of the dortmund game, was just pure and sheer brilliance! very clever indeed!
    Thanks a million mate, It's not often my plans work so sweetly: Set my team out to counter their strengths, while utilizing my own and completely tore the team apart because of it. Felt good

Now i know how Benitez felt at full time in Istanbul
    Last edited by Brendn; 20/02/2014 at 07:27 PM.
    TommyTomster and Maximus94 like this.

49. I love the tactical planning you gave us against Dortmund too! It really adds a lot to the depth and realism, while also educating players on how to weaken oppositions. It's like a creative and informative link between the story forum, and the tactical forum. Brilliant!

(Will be stealing this for my next save!)

50. Amazing stuff against Dortmund! I think the biggest plus was glossed over. 2.8 for Subotic?! You must have destroyed him!

It still annoys me as a Chelsea fan I look forward to this so much.

Was wondering how Noakes was doing!

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO