Like Tree340Likes

Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.

1. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.

I'm a Liverpool fan myself and this is a save I pretty much can guarantee that I won't give up on.
    Every year, I do one Liverpool save around December (when I've settled in) that I focus on till the next FM is released. After the insane success I brought Liverpool in FM13, it was tough to move on and venture into FM14.
    FM13 Liverpool Record

Year League position Awards
    2012/13 2nd 0
    2013/14 2nd 0
    2014/15 4th 0
    2015/16 4th UEFA Europa League
    2016/17 3rd European Super Cup
    English FA Cup
    UEFA Champions League
    2017/18 3rd World Club Championship
    Capital One Cup
    2018/19 1st Premier League
    Capital One Cup
    UEFA Champions League
    2019/20 2nd English Community Shield
    European Super Cup
    Club World CHampionship
    English FA Cup
    UEFA Champions League
    2020/21 1st Club World Championship
    Premier League
    Capital One Cup
    So now that I've finished showing off, I give you

Liverpool F.C.
    The 5 Year Project

Name:  298x198_Liverpool-796584.jpg
Views: 24126
Size:  18.3 KB
    Liverpool Football Club

Aims:

2013/14 Season One: Finnish between 1st-4th(6th)

My aim is to return Champions League football to the club by the 2014/15 season but will accept Europa League at an absolute minimum. Blood the youth and try kick-start the development of some promising youth players.

2014/15 Season Two:
    Finish 1st-3rd, reach a cup final, develop youth facilities + training facilities.

I'm targeting an automatic Champions League place and want get into a cup final; obviously I want to win but I think getting back to that stage is more important!
    I also expect 2-3 Reserve players to have made it into the first team squad.
    Using the Champions League TV money, I want to invest in the training facilities and Youth facilities to try produce some Local players.

2015/16 Season Three:Finish 1st-3rd, UEFA Champions League Quarter Final, win a cup, Stadium expansion.

Again, automatic qualification for the champions league but I want to begin to re-cement our clubs presence in Europe's premier club competition.
    I expect us to have won a trophy by the 2015/16 at the very least. The youth will be blooded, reserve players now in the senior squad; if not starters, and some promising youngsters on the rise.
    Expand Anfield to set the club up to take advantage for any possible future successes.

2016/17 Season Four: Finish 1st-2nd, UEFA Champions League Final, English FA Cup.

Now, the ambition kicks in! Withe the new stadium expansion complete, youth facilities and training facilities upgraded, a young squad trained to play together from a young age and the experience of reaching the latter stages of competitions, I expect a title challenge, Champions League Challenge and an FA cup: The treble.

2017/18 Season Five: Use the last 4 years worth of development to challenge everything!

All the ingredients should be there now to make Liverpool F.C. one of the world best clubs and challenge for multiple honors each season.

Click link to skip to next chapter
    End of an Era

Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 05:00 AM.

2. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

End of an Era

Name:  Untitled-2.png
Views: 17834
Size:  614.0 KB

With the New Domestic Season only 2 months away, The Liverpool Board will have some tough decisions to make.
    Rumors coming out of Anfield are that a young Spanish Coach is being considered for the vacancy, a move which has come to the surprise of the english media.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tom-Werner-006.jpg
Views:	17638
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	451591
    Fernway Sports Group Founders John W. Henry & Tom Werner
    Owners of Liverpool F.C.

Reporter: "Mr Henry, there are rumors that the appointment of a new Liverpool manager is not far away. Can you comment?"
    J.W.Henry:
    "Yes, We are currently looking at a young coach, Javier Gonzale Mendez."
    Reporter: "How did you hear of him? Is he available?"
    J.W.Henry: "He's currently working with the Ajax Academe as head of Youth Development. He was previously at the Barcelona academe; head coach of their youth development teams and has shown great promises as a coach. We've yet to agree a contract with Mendez himself but we have been given permission to talk to him by Ajax. "
    Reporters:
    "Are you worried about his relative lack of experience at this level? Given the stature of the club and the league, do you worry that he may not be up for the job?"
    T.Werner: "He's spent the last eight years working with two are the most competitive youth programs in world soccer. The deadlines and pressures facing him would not have been easy so we are confident he'll be able to step up and use those experiences with the more senior players."
    Reporters: "Will additional transfer funds be made available for him to bring in his players before the start of the season? that is if he is appointed."
    T.Werner: "We've already spent over 150M in the past 18 months. We'd like to think he won't be asking for much. Brendan Rodgers made a few signings before he unfortunatly had to step down and given that they are young players, we feel that they would be in safe hands with Mendez."
    Reporter: "Thank you very much"

New Manager, New Backroom

Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 04:58 AM.
    MANUMAD likes this.

3. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

New Manager, New Backroom

Name:	liverpool-crest2.jpg
Views:	31276
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	451636
    Liverpool F.C. is one of the most successful clubs in England and has won more European trophies than any other English team with five European Cups, three UEFA Cups and three UEFA Super Cups.

The club has also won eighteen League titles, seven FA Cups and a record eight League Cups.
    Liverpool was founded in 1892 and joined the Football League the following year. The club has played at Anfield since its formation.
    Club History

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	17709
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	451641
    Anfield

Name:	ThisIsAnfield.jpg
Views:	21410
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	451644
    Stadium
    Anfield

Owners
    Liverpool

Capacity

Dimensions
    105m
    x
    68m

Condition
    Perfect

Name:	fichero_96468_20131122.jpg
Views:	17389
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	451648
    Name
    Javier Gonzalez Mendez
    Hometown
    Barcelona
    Favorite Team F.C. Barcelona
    Job
    History
    Barcelona Academe
    2001-2008

Ajax Academe
    2008-2013
    Coaching Qualification
    UEFA Pro License
    Preferred Formation 4-5-1
    Managerial Preference
    Aggressive attacking,
    Possession football,
    young players,
    Domestic player bias

Name:	06soepln.png
Views:	23407
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	451657
    Javier Gonzalez Mendez appointed as New Liverpool F.C. Manager

The Squad and Tactics

Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 05:03 AM.
    SwiftNG likes this.

4. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

The Squad and Tactics

Goalkeepers
    Name:  Goalkeepers.png
Views: 17478
Size:  58.7 KB
    Brad Jones, Ryan Fulton and Simon Mignolet

Center Backs

Name:	CB.png
Views:	17706
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	451661
    Daniel Agger, Kolo Toure, Mamadou Sakho, Martain Skrtel, Thiago Ilori

Full Backs

Name:	FB.png
Views:	17234
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	451665
    Glen Johnson, Aly Cissokho, Jose Enrique, John Flanagan

Central Midfielders

Name:	CM.png
Views:	17235
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	451667
    Joe Allen, Jordan Henderson, Lucas Levia, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Rossitier

Attacking Midfielders

Name:	Attacking.png
Views:	17266
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	451670
    Luis Alberto, Jordan Ibe, Philippe Coutinhio, Raheem Sterling

Forwards

Name:	strikers.png
Views:	17197
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	451673
    Daniel Sturidge, Victor Mosses, Luis Suarez, Iago Aspas

Formations

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	17804
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	451676

Views:	20968
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	451679

Pre-Season
    Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 05:09 AM.

5. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Pre-Season

Name:  Untitled-5.png
Views: 16983
Size:  407.0 KB

Forced into the Transfer Window since Mingolet fractured his arm and is expected to be out for 2 months.
    Forster is rated as only a "Good player for most Premier League Sides" but with decent stats, I think he could genuinely be a solid GK in the Premier League.

Name:	Eduardo+Salvio+Chelsea+v+SL+Benfica+_ltCyoNlpaQl.jpg
Views:	17265
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	452438
    Eduardo Salvio

I'm looking to loan Stirling out to a Premier League side to get first team football as I don't think I can give him 30+ games and push for a top 4 place.

So I've decided to bring in Salvio on loan form Benfica. A quick skillful Argentine international who can play on either right or left, will be a valuable rotation option with Sturidge on the right wing.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 16715
Size:  42.2 KB

Had a solid Pre-season; adjusted my tactic and tested a few partnerships.

First XI

Name:	Untitled-7.png
Views:	17897
Size:	1,019.5 KB
ID:	452448

The first game; more important than the last.

Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 05:12 AM.

6. Love the set up with the articles from Sky and the LFC website!
    Dean Wilkes likes this.

7. Loving it so far, KIU!

8. Loving this, the graphics are very good also!

9. perfect read!
    liking it

10. crackin

11. robbo9292
    Backup
    have to agree love the way this is set up to be honest

12. As everyone has been saying thus far, fantastic graphical layout and a plan to suit! Fantastically done so far, cannot wait to follow !

13. you gave brendan rogers liver cancer? heavy tone to open with o.O
    EssexDevils likes this.

14. Quote Originally Posted by itsfootballnotsoccer View Post
    you gave brendan rogers liver cancer? heavy tone to open with o.O
    have to agree on the Rodgers point, harsh! love how this has been created though, gives me ideas for my own story if you don't mind. Keep up the great work
    BlakeSemp10 likes this.

15. WILL YOU POST YOU TACTICS. screen shoot instructions to help other lfc players.
    Jasonlfc96 likes this.

16. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwellyn View Post
    Love the set up with the articles from Sky and the LFC website!
    Sound man. I love playing around on Photoshop so there will be plenty more graphics to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmisawesome View Post
    Loving it so far, KIU!
    Thanks, glad you like it

Quote Originally Posted by TodayForTomorrow View Post
    Loving this, the graphics are very good also
    Thanks a million mate. I'm having fun writing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by alokated View Post
    Perfect read! Liking it
    Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by stoked View Post
    crackin
    Sound man!
    alokated likes this.

17. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by robbo9292 View Post
    have to agree love the way this is set up to be honest
    I wasn't sure if it looked okay or if it was a bit of a mess. Thanks for the compliment mate

Quote Originally Posted by TheWriter View Post
    As everyone has been saying thus far, fantastic graphical layout and a plan to suit! Fantastically done so far, cannot wait to follow !
    Thanks mate. I'm just working my way through the August fixtures and will be posting monthly updates.

18. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by itsfootballnotsoccer View Post
    You gave Bredan Rodgers Liver cancer? Heavy tone ot open with o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhaydon1 View Post
    have to agree on the Rodgers point, harsh! love how this has been created though, gives me ideas for my own story if you don't mind. Keep up the great work
    I felt he deserved a break, and you'd need to be pretty heartless to blame a man for wanting to take time off when sick.

This isn't half as bad as my Villarreal sotry I started two years ago. Decided to go with the Head coach had a heart attack; 6 months later, the head coach stepped down due to a heart attack *touch wood*
    BlakeSemp10 likes this.

19. Will you be posting the tactics you use??

20. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Saville View Post
    WILL YOU POST YOU TACTICS. screen shoot instructions to help other lfc players.
    No problem mate. Liverpool are pretty tough since the squad has no real balance to it. They are very strong in areas that don't mesh well together so you've to try find a system that forces them to interlink.

Default Formation
    Away/Tough Opposition

Name:	formation.png
Views:	6082
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	452801

Views:	5969
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	452823

For the Default formation

Views:	5983
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	452820

Views:	5995
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	452815

CM(L) and CM(R) have the same instructions
    ST(L) and (ST(R) have the same instructions.

21. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyJay92 View Post
    Will you be posting the tactics you use??
    Just posted them mate.

22. cheers mate, what are the team instructions for the away games?

23. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyJay92 View Post
    cheers mate, what are the team instructions for the away games?
    Pretty much the same as the default but I haven't tested it enough to know if it works as well as I want it to. I'd feel bad posting a tactic that I didn't trust since it's just a shape I'm tinkering with. As soon as I have it to a reasonable standard, I'll post it.

24. Great story and photoshop skills

25. Cool story bro! I love liverpool (also crystal palace). Great photoshop skills.

Oh and can you check my southport story and give me some advice? That would be great . Please gys help to expand my strory any help would be great!

26. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

The first game; more improtant than the last.

Name:	Untitled-2.png
Views:	6669
Size:	433.8 KB
ID:	452872

Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.-liverpool.png Premier League
    week 1
    Anfield
    week 2
    Cardiff City Stadium
    Liverpool F.C. The 5 year Project.-liverpool.png Capital One Cup.
    2nd Round
    London Road
    week 3
    Anfield

Name:	Gillette-Soccer-Saturday-001.jpg
Views:	7041
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	452907

Jeff Stirling
    "Hello and welcome to Soccer Saturday, I'm Jeff Stirling and we have had a cracking day today in the Permier League. With me here I have Matt Le Tissier, Paul Merson, Phil Thompson and Charlie Nicholas. West Brom held Manchester United to a 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns in the early kick off today, a disapointing start for David Moyes who took over from Sir Alex Ferguson this summer. Phil, what's happening over at Stamford Bridge?"

Phil Thompson
    "It's still 2-0 Jeff. Chelsea have been on top but they're having trouble closing out the game. I'm sure they'd like to get the 3rd goal but it doesn't look like it's coming."

Jeff Stirling
    "Chelsea lead Stoke City 2-0 thanks to an early goal Frank Lampard. David Luiz doubling Chelsea's lead on 35mins. Southampton beat Sunderland 3-0; goals coming from Rickie Lambert and Morgan Schneiderlin.
    Arsenal's home game against Norwich finished 1-1 while Hull and Aston Villa Played out a goalless draw at The Circle. Both Swansea and Manchester City beat Fullham and West Ham 2-0, the goals coming for the home side. And times up at Stamform Bridge, Phil?"

Phil Thompson
    "Yeah Jeff, it's finished 2-0. A good first half but I'm sure Mourinho will not be happy with that second half display."

Jeff Stirling
    "Jose Mourinho rejoining Chelsea in the summer from Real Madrid maintains his undefeated record at Stamford Bridge"

"Now, we turn our attention to the big game on Monday. We have a cracking game in store for you on Ford Monday Night Football. Yes, the Merseyside Derby, Liverpool take on Everton in Anfield."

Name:	3i3cuztd.png
Views:	6809
Size:	495.8 KB
ID:	453011

Jeff Stirling
    "The biggest game on Merseyside is their season opener. Could there perhaps have been a more cruel opener for both Roberto Martinez and Javier Gonzalez Mendez?"

Matt Le Tissier
    "I think it's a great opener for both of them. Thrown straight into the cauldron of a local derby. We'll find out exactly what they're made of and possible get to see how they'll handle the step up. These are top, top clubs and the expectation is there. Liverpool fans have been sorely missing the Champions League and they'll expect nothing less than 4th while Everton have been pushing towards the top 4 for a few years under Moyes, I'm sure the Chairman will want that push maintained even though they don't have the finacial muscle of City, Chelsea or even Spurs. There defiantly is pressure on both men"

Phil Thompson
    "We've all seen Roberto Martinez from his time at Swansea in the Championship and the great work he did with Wigan, consolidating them in the Premier League. I don't think Everton fans need to worry, he's a top manager with Premier League experience. It's Mendez who has the most pressure to deal with. Don't forget, he's never managed a senior club. Yeah, he's done great things with the Ajax academe but this is certainly a huge step up"

Jeff Stirling
    "Javier Gonzalez Mendez was the man Liverpool Owner John W.Henry opted to go for after Brendan Rodger's unfortunately announced he was taking a break form the game to concentrate on his recovery.
    Questions surely have to be raised, he's the man the chairman wants but can he deliver on the fans expectations?"

Charlie Nicholas
    "It looks to me like he was brought in to do a long term job. His background is youth coaching but the clubs he's worked at have produced some of the worlds best players, and they are starting for their teams at 16-18 years of age. Most of Liverpool's Squad is young and brimming with talent, and they now have a man who knows how to make these young stars flourish... I think Liverpool have made a good choice but can he get 4th, I don't think so.

Jeff Stirling
    "You can catch Liverpool vs Everton Like on Sky Sports One and Sky Sports One HD, coverage starts at 7:30pm. That's all form us here at Soccer Saturday. Have a good evening"

Name:	Soccer-Saturday-Tour.jpg
Views:	10372
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	453030

A Derby on Merseyside

Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 05:16 AM.
    Mahoney85, f00tiemad and AayushCFC like this.

27. robbieboro82's Avatar robbieboro82
    Rotation
    Think I'm playing the exact same tactics based on Barcelona! Working a treat in my Boro save!!!

28. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenAFC View Post
    Great story and photoshop skills
    Sound man. I'm a creative type so this is a lot of fun for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob7777 View Post
    Cool story bro! I love liverpool (also crystal palace). Great photoshop skills.

Oh and can you check my southport story and give me some advice? That would be great . Please gys help to expand my strory any help would be great!
    I once dated a girl who's uncle used to play in goal for Crystal Palace so just to piss him off, I decided I didn't like the team. petty I know but the rivalry was amusing

Will have a look at your story mate.

29. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by robbieboro82 View Post
    Think I'm playing the exact same tactics based on Barcelona! Working a treat in my Boro save!!!
    Haha, I love it when that happens.
    It's a solid shape for possession based systems. Bit weak out wide but you can't have it all I guess

Getting Sturidge to work in it is tough though., I managed to reduce his long shots (despite still have the PPM, I think it may come in useful for teams who shut up shop to get corners off of.) but he's very reluctant to pass the bloody ball.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    Sound man. I'm a creative type so this is a lot of fun for me!

I once dated a girl who's uncle used to play in goal for Crystal Palace so just to piss him off, I decided I didn't like the team. petty I know but the rivalry was amusing

Will have a look at your story mate.
    Nice one with the girl xD. I'm not dating girls so yea. I don't sleep because i play fm 14 xD. And thx for checking the story

31. This is a cracking story so far mate. The graphics are brilliant. I'm trying to post my first story however it keeps coming up with an error message saying 'this contains too many links and the language has to be checked in case it's offensive.' You have any idea what's going wrong? Cheers.

32. Great story mate, thoroughly enjoying it, even as a Chelsea fan.

33. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by tony100 View Post
    This is a cracking story so far mate. The graphics are brilliant. I'm trying to post my first story however it keeps coming up with an error message saying 'this contains too many links and the language has to be checked in case it's offensive.' You have any idea what's going wrong? Cheers.
    Thanks a million. The graphics are a lot of fun to think up.

I've no idea why you're getting that error. Try asking one of he moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by AayushCFC View Post
    Great story mate, thoroughly enjoying it, even as a Chelsea fan.
    sound man. I hope you keep enjoying it.

I'm always torn about what to do with Chelsea. Due to the English Football code of honor, Chelsea are a rival yet, I like the team!

34. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    sound man. I hope you keep enjoying it.

I'm always torn about what to do with Chelsea. Due to the English Football code of honor, Chelsea are a rival yet, I like the team!
    Of course, we're lovable. I don't share the feelings but just to get along here, I'll pretend that I too like Liverpool. (washes his mouth with the soap.)
    Last edited by AayushCFC; 28/12/2013 at 01:16 AM.

35. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Washing your mouth out with soap: How very Scouse of you!
    AayushCFC likes this.

36. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

A Derby on Merseyside

Name:	MerseysideDerbyBest.jpg
Views:	5805
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	453193

Name:	h21e830q.png
Views:	5666
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	453189

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	5479
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	453206
    Position
    Player
    Rating
    GK Fraser Forester 6.60
    RWB Glen Johnson 7.00
    CB(R) Martin Skrtle 7.40
    CB(L) Mamadou Sakho 8.20
    LWB Jose Enrique 6.70
    DCM Lucas LEvia 8.10
    CM(R) Jordan Henderson 7.90
    CM(L) Steven Gerrard 7.90
    ST(R) Eduardo Salvio 6.70
    CF Daniel Stturidge 7.90
    ST(L) Coutinho 8.50

Views:	5496
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	453210

August

Views:	5449
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	453213

Liverpool vs Everton
    S.Gerrard (1), Lucas (8), M.Sakho (67) D.Sturridge (70); L.Baines (45)

What an opening day win! Absolutely delighted to get one over Everton and the 3 points just make it all the sweater.

Cardiff City vs Liverpool
    C.Bellamy (19), T.Ince (44, pen 74); D.Sturridge (18)

The form didn't last however, loosing 3-1 away to Cardiff City in a shock result. I couldn't fault the lads though , they played well but didn't have the rub-of-the-green. Daniel Sturridge with his second goal of the season denied Cardiff City a clean sheet.

Peterborough vs Liverpool
    T.Barnett (11), B.Assombalonga (93); J.Teixeira (57), Coutinho (92)

3 of the starting XI came in from the reserves in the cup match against Peterborough. Keeping with my philosophy of blooding the youth. John Flanagan (Sent off on 80mins), Joao Teixeira and Jordan Rossiter all started; Teixeira getting on the score sheet. Fraser Forster was the hero after this one went to penalties, saving the second spot kick against him while we scored all 5.

Liverpool vs Norwich
    Coutinho (55), Kolo Toure (90)

This was a frustrating match as John Ruddy (a goalkeeper I very highly rate) was absolutely on fire. With 60% possession and 9 shots on target, I had to shake Ruddy's hand after the match and tell him he played a blinder.
    Coutinho Continued his fantastic start to the season by scoring the vital breakthrough goal after 55mins

Player of the month: August

Views:	5581
Size:	482.4 KB
ID:	453226
    Philippe Coutinho

Appearances: 3 (1)
    Goals: 2
    Assists: 4
    MoM: 2
    Average Rating: 7.50

Coutinho put in a great shift over the past month, setting up 4 goals, 3 of which came int he 4-1 demolition of Everton. His quick, agressive and skillful dribbling proved too much for most defenders as he's terrorized down the left wing

September: The kids are back to school
    Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 05:17 AM.

37. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Views:	5590
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	453278

""Against one of the best in the business"

Given the context of the story; I'm only 4 months into my first senior job, this made me burst out laughing!
    Last edited by Brendn; 28/12/2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Mahoney85 likes this.

38. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    Attachment 453278

""Against one of the best in the business"

Given the context of the story; I'm only 4 months into my first senior job, this made me burst out laughing!
    the game definitely knows how good Moyes is

in terms of transfers, I'd say you sell Glen Johnson as a team like Chelski/Arsenal might buy him for a good price... and you could buy a better upgrade! Only saying 'coz I don't think his play/form in-game doesn't justify his wages! (even IRL!)

good luck! loving your story!

39. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    the game definitely knows how good Moyes is

in terms of transfers, I'd say you sell Glen Johnson as a team like Chelski/Arsenal might buy him for a good price... and you could buy a better upgrade! Only saying 'coz I don't think his play/form in-game doesn't justify his wages! (even IRL!)

good luck! loving your story!
    Well soon find about, I'm just about to play this match now

Aye, I agree with you on his wages but he's ideal for what I'm looking for right now; an aggressive wing back.
    I'll hold on to him since he has a "professional" personality which is great for the youngsters and since he can play both on the right and left, he's an invaluable utility player if both Enrique and Cissoko get injured.

John Flanagan is his successor. I know there are better out there but I don't see the point in buying when the club has a home grown boy who can be good enough to be first team quality. I'll give him a chance to make the No.2 shirt his own!

40. Quote Originally Posted by Brendn View Post
    Well soon find about, I'm just about to play this match now

Aye, I agree with you on his wages but he's ideal for what I'm looking for right now; an aggressive wing back.
    I'll hold on to him since he has a "professional" personality which is great for the youngsters and since he can play both on the right and left, he's an invaluable utility player if both Enrique and Cissoko get injured.

John Flanagan is his successor. I know there are better out there but I don't see the point in buying when the club has a home grown boy who can be good enough to be first team quality. I'll give him a chance to make the No.2 shirt his own!
    understand... but how i see is this way- Johnson at the start of the game can be sold for a good price...I've always got $20m+ for him...
    so that allows me to spend on other areas for improvement, saving wages as well...
    might get someone like Sciglio on loan for the season who can play on both flanks/make a bid for S'mpton full backs...
    but that's how i play L'pool...

awaiting your next update!!!

41. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    understand... but how i see is this way- Johnson at the start of the game can be sold for a good price...I've always got $20m+ for him...
    so that allows me to spend on other areas for improvement, saving wages as well...
    might get someone like Sciglio on loan for the season who can play on both flanks/make a bid for S'mpton full backs...
    but that's how i play L'pool...

awaiting your next update!!!
    Aye, In any other save I'd sell him and get someone who's better, cheaper and younger.
    I love to raid the loan market for players to do a small job but that's usually because I'm obsessed with buying the best.

But for the challenge of the story, I'm committed to the 5 years plan.
    Youth takes priority and I've a Liverpool born RB in the academe who I'm determined to make England's RB!
    Mahoney85 likes this.

42. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

September: The kids are back to school

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.png
Views:	4808
Size:	393.2 KB
ID:	453436

Views:	4715
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	453540
    Premier League
    Week 4

Britannia Stadium

Views:	4748
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	453543
    Premier League
    Week 5

Anfield

Views:	4723
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	453552
    Capital One Cup
    3rd Round

Anfield

Views:	4748
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	453564
    Premier League
    Week 6

The Hawthorns

The Big Red One

Name:	liverpoolvma.jpg
Views:	17801
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	453567

Name:	Liverpool-vs-Man-Utd-copy.jpg
Views:	13466
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	453573

It's nearly here
    Updates due up by the end of the day.

October: time for a Halloween scare?
    Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 05:28 AM.
    fmisawesome likes this.

43. I wish you good luck against manchester united . My prediction is 1-1 to be fair.

44. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Disapointment

Name:	epl-logo.jpg
Views:	4743
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	454359
    Ultimately disappointing month, failing to grab a win in 3 Premier League games.
    Continued my cup run though so hopefully that will keep moral on my side.

Views:	4602
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	454360
    I've lodged a formal complaint against Sky, I don't seem to
    be able to win when they broadcast my games live.

Stoke City vs Liverpool

Premier League
    1-1

Sterling gave us the lead on 20 minutes but a second half Peter Crouch screamer from outside the box meant we had to share the spoils. 67% possession but with only 3 shots on target, we didn't make the most of the chances we created for ourselves.

Liverpool vs Man Utd
    Premier League
    1-2

This one hurt. Having dominated the first half, we went out with attacking intent to try capitalize on a lackluster United. But it seems I would have been better off not scoring, Sturridge's strike on 53 mins seemed to wake the beast and United dominated for the last 30 minutes, scoring two crucial goals.

Liverpool vs Swansea
    Capital One Cup
    1-0

Martin Skrtel
    , the unlikely hero broke the deadlock on 11 minutes, but it was a poor match in truth. Both sides only threatened from long range and the finishing was very poor. Luis Suarez make an unremarkable return to 1st team action. I'm expecting it to take him 2-4 games to get up the par.

West Brom vs Liverpool
    Premier League
    1-1

67% possession, 7 shots on target, a missed Steven Gerrard penalty. . .
    Football is indeed a cruel mistress. We took the lead on 65 mins thanks to a cheeky Victor Moses lob but failed to see out the match, Leandro Damiao equalizing on 79 mins.

Views:	4673
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	454373
    2 Draws from 2 very winnable games have cost us badly as the leading pack begin to break away.

Football Hurts

Name:	MDF46770-02-09-2012-16-09-20-629.jpg
Views:	4835
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	454362

Views:	4562
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	454364

Views:	4628
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	454367

Forster put in a great shift, Saving 11 shots on goal; holding 6 and parrying 5.

Views:	4665
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	454369

Player of the Month: September

Name:	url.png
Views:	5011
Size:	376.9 KB
ID:	454370

Given that no one really excelled or stood out, I've given the September award to the Match Ball. The match ball put in a fantastic effort, scoring 8 goals. although he was pretty lonely this month, no one put him in the back of the net enough to take him home. If you would like to adopt a match ball, please dial 0800-1487-66-66.
    Match Balls are waiting by the phone.

October: time for a Halloween scare?
    Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 05:34 AM.

45. Ha love the player of the month pretty unlucky results really hopefully you can kick on and climb up the league

46. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua97 View Post
    Ha love the player of the month pretty unlucky results really hopefully you can kick on and climb up the league
    Aye, just laps in concentration and the team isn't putting away the chances. Massive month in October though so after that, things can only get easier form here eh

47. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

October: time for a holloween scare?

The Premier League

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Views:	4575
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	454484

Name:	42r0ghc2.png
Views:	4564
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	454470

September was very disappointing and October is not looking good either. I'm worried about my job right now and It'll take some really good performances to see me through to January.

Name:	liverpool.png
Views:	5669
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	454503
    Premier League
    Week 7

Anfield

Name:	Untitled-6.png
Views:	4560
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	454520
    Premier League
    Week 8

Emirates Stadium

Views:	4581
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	454526
    Premier League
    Week 9

Anfield

Views:	4581
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	454526
    Capital One Cup
    4th Round

Anfeild

I need to stop drawing and start wining a few games, the table in unforgiving: sitting 12th with a game in hand.
    goal difference is not in my favor either so i need to start winning to increase that.

Time to turn things around
    Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 05:37 AM.

48. Awesome story so far. Anyone saw today's match against Chel$hit? We were disappointing. We cant get CL football if we play this way

49. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend

Time to turn things around

12th in the league. . . . .
    After an opening day 4-1 win against Everton, things did not go according to plan.
    With only 1 win in their next 5 games, Liverpool slumped to 12th in the
    Premier League table, and the pressure was starting to show.

I had to get away form the first team for a day or two, the pressure was getting to me.
    I left Tuesday's training to my assistant Tonnie Bruins Slot. We had worked together at Ajax and struck up a quick friendship. When I asked him to be my Assistant at Liverpool, he did not not even need to think about it, accepting the job without a moments hesitation and he has been a rock for me when things have not gone well.

I headed to the Kirby Academy; I may be a first team coach, but youth football is where my heart will always be. This is where my story really began, or re-ignited.
    This training session changed my life.

Name:	liverpool-academy-news148-988266_478x359.jpg
Views:	7372
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	454878

Name:	1311674093910cem01dn.jpg
Views:	4705
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	454870
    Javier Gonzalez Mendez at the Kirby Academe training ground.

One of the first things I did upon arriving at the club back in June was promoting Rodolfo Borrell
    from Head of Youth Development to First Team Coach.
    His talents were being wasted and the First team needed his technical coaching.
    I did however allow him to remain as U18's Manager.
    He was the clubs previous Head of Youth Development so the current crop of players were
    guys he'd brought to the club himself, I trusted him to prepare them for the U21s.

I walked out onto Kirby's training pitch, not as good as Melwood but standards
    needed to be kept, the boys needed something to aim for.
    Our new Head of Youth Development, Phill Cannon was setting out cones
    for a the morning's session.

The players came out, sprinting onto the pitch with youthful glee,
    I recognized a few faces; Jaoa Texeira, Jordan Rossitier and Jordon Ibe.
    I gave Texeira and Rossitier their senior debuts against Peterborough in the Capital One cup
    and Rodolfo Borrell has made a point of reminding them.

"The gaffer gave two of ye a chance in the First Team,
    Lets make him wonder why ye aren't always in his team!"

Name:	url.jpg
Views:	4503
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	454873

Rodolfo Borrell
    "There a fine group of young lads eh?"

Javier Gonzalez Mendez
    "They are indeed Rodolfo, you're doing a great job here.
    How's Rossitier feeling?He seemed didn't seem
    happy when the Peterborough game finished."

R.Borrell
    "Ah yes, he didn't feel he played that well and was very upset
    that he let the team down in his first game"

J.G.Mendez
    "He didn't play that well but I wasn't expecting him to light the world on fire.
    It was his debut and he handled it well. I was happy with him"

R.Borrell
    "Sure, you and I know that, but he's 16! He's a local boy and
    you know what football means to these lads.
    They want to light the stage on fire!"

J.G.Mendez
    "They'll get their chance, they just need to work hard and not think about
    anything other than their football"

There were shouts from the pitch, Phill Cannon was waving me over and asked If I'd sit in on the session and help them. I wouldn't dream of saying no, these kids would one day be helping Liverpool stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Europe's Elite: The UEFA Champions League

Views:	4495
Size:	577.4 KB
ID:	454885

Name:	fichero_86264_20130809.jpg
Views:	4479
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	454887

It was here where I noticed it, one of the most important
    realizations of my, so far, young managerial career.

Rodolfo Borrell and Phill Cannon together drew up two rough formations;
    nothing more than circles on a page to indicate positions.

They exchanged a quick nod and split the players into two groups. All they did was show
    the guys the page, tell a few of the guys where they should be and just let them play.

It was an eye opener.
    These kids were only 16 or 17 years of age, had been given no tactical instructions
    but they were holding the defensive shape of their make-shift formations and attacking in groups.
    They were playing football.

I realized I'd been too specific with my instructions, trying to tell the first team players exactly what I wanted them to do, forgetting that they were the ones on the pitch, they were the ones who had to play. All I really can do is give them a place, a shape, a mentality; and let them play.

Name:	iv.jpg
Views:	4899
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	454888
    And my god did they play!

The Road to Revival
    Last edited by Brendn; 05/01/2014 at 05:39 AM.
    Mahoney85 and kewlwarez like this.

50. Brendn's Avatar Brendn
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pbempires View Post
    Awesome story so far. Anyone saw today's match against Chel$hit? We were disappointing. We cant get CL football if we play this way
    Sound man but please avoid using term like "Chel$hit" here.
    I don't want to see people getting offended and staring a flame war.

Have respect for everyone here and the teams they support.

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO