Like Tree53Likes

Blood, Sweat & Tears - The key to emulating success.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Blood, Sweat & Tears - The key to emulating success.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wigan.jpg
Views:	1134
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	467850

Let me introduce myself, I was once an ex-youth product of the Valencia set up in Spain.. I was tipped for greatness and had newspapers raving about me explaining how I was to be the next best thing to come out of Spain along the path of great legend Raul.

I never got to make that step due to a horrific leg break I suffered coming towards the end of my youth contract and shortly after making my professional debut for Valencia. I was told I could never play football again, my career was over at 19.

Since the heartbreak of coming to terms with the fact I knew I could never step on the hallowed grounds again, I decided to take up coaching as it was the closest I could get to the sport I loved again; Luckily Valencia let me undergo my coaching badges with them and ten years later at 29 I have gained my fully UEFA qualified badges and after years of studying off great coaches and learning myself about deeper depths of the game I feel it is time to step out on my own into the big wide world and see if I can handle the job of being a manager.

Rafael Gonzalez Blanco
    (Brother of Raul)

AndySams10, alokated and AayushCFC like this.

2. Click image for larger version

Name:	wigan.png
Views:	1101
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	467853

Being good friends and having regular contact with the now Everton manager Roberto Martinez, he recommended me for the role as Wigan manager to Dave Whelan the chairman. After a various number of applicants for the interesting job I received conformation that I was the man chosen to take Wigan forward. I got the job on my philosophies that I am a tactical in-depth manager. I will promise the fans of Wigan, nothing less than 110% from me and my players, It may take time but I guarantee success.

Factfile of Wigan Athletic:

Name:	wigan.png
Views:	1101
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	467853

Nicknames:
    The Latics

Founded:
    Stadium:
    DW Stadium
    Capacity: 25,138
    Chairman: Dave Whelan
    Home Colours: Blue

My Tactic:

Name:	Tactic.png
Views:	1021
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	467856

As you can see, A kind of 4-3-3/4-5-1 tactic I am implementing. I will always install football into a team, I will not have a team playing hoofball. Both of my centre-backs will be of capable passing ability as everything starts from the back. I will have an anchorman to marshall the midfield and protect the defence. The main play will come from the middle of the park, having three players in a central role will play havoc to most English teams who only usually play with two. We also have Inside Forwards which their main role will be scoring and assisting goals as we are playing with a False Nine Striker, one who will be dragging defenders out of position and leaving space to the onrushing players to exploit. We have a few weeks to get it into practise and I will find adequate players to fill the places in my team.

Transfers Next.

AndySams10, alokated and AayushCFC like this.

3. Click image for larger version

Name:	transfer.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	467858

I've been hard at work, all around the clock to secure some of the players I have and using contacts in the game to secure me a good calibre of players. We need players to fit the role of the team, I have delegated my pre-season fixtures to my assistant who will be working with the team whilst I concentrate on bringing in the right faces to Wigan.

Dave has assisted me brilliantly in a financial way, giving me no less than 15m to spend on new faces and any money I make from departures will be spent on incoming players also, he shares my ambition of getting the club Promoted again first time of asking.

In's:

Name Club Fee
    Stefano Denswil Ajax Loan
    Alexander Milosevic AIK 500k
    Dennis Praet Anderlecht 3.3m
    Stefan Strandberg Rosenberg 1.4m
    Carles Planas Barcelona 'B' 190k
    Alberto Lora Sporting 1.9m
    Anthony Annan Schalke 375k
    Vitali Radzionau BATE Borisov 40k
    Veton Berisha Viking 1m
    Jobi McAnuff Reading 600k
    Jonas Svensson Rosenberg 600k

As you can see, I have done most of my business abroad which is why I have had no time to spend here, I wish to get a squad enabled and switched on from the start of the season ready to win promotion back into the best league in the world. This is what I have guaranteed some of these boys and that is why they have come to the club, If I don't deliver that promise then I will have alot of pissed of gentlemen at my club; So it's not an option.

Total Spent: 9.9m

Any screenshots you guys want just ask.

Out's:

Name Club Fee
    Nouha Dicko Evian TG FC 2m
    Emmerson Boyce Celtic 475k
    Jean Beausejour Lokomotiv Moscow 2.1m
    Jordi Gomez Notts Forest 1m
    Roger Espinoza Hull 2.6m
    James McArthur Norwich 3.6m

Cleared out most of the deadwood I don't need, there is certainly more who will be getting offloaded at a later date but we have managed to replace these players with players of a much higher calibre and potential in the future. We have also shedded money from the wage bill after some of these guys was on ridiculous wages.

Total Received: 11.7m

Pre Season Results:

Peterborough 2 - 2 Wigan
    Shotton, McCann

Shrewsbury 1 - 2 Wigan
    Holt, Powell

Anderlecht 1 - 1 Wigan
    Strandberg

We proceed to the first game of the season which is to Barnsley, I will be giving monthly updates on my progress.

Views:	915
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	467861

AndySams10 likes this.

4. August 2013

Blood, Sweat & Tears - The key to emulating success.-wigan.png

A new era.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 3rd August 2013

Oakwell

Barnsley 2 - 3 Wigan
    Lora (18'), Holt (29'), Radzionau (82')

MOTM: Alberto Lora

What an introduction to the English Championship. Such a fascinating game played at a fast speed. Considering Barnsley was made odds on by the bookies to get relegated this season, this performance suggested otherwise. After clawing back from two down they though they must have rescued a draw until our fighting spirit won us the game late on.

FA Community Shield
    Sunday 11th August 2013

Wembley

Wigan 1 - 0 Man Utd
    Shotton (33')

MOTM: Ryan Shotton

The on-loan defender from Stoke already wins us silverware for this season against all odds. We upset everybody today and pulled off a shock victory, also a clean sheet against the champions of England. This is only early in the season but it shows our ambition to the rest of our league just what we are capable of doing.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 17th August 2013

Dean Court

Bournemouth 0 - 0 Wigan

MOTM: Stefan Strandberg

A good point away from home, Bournemouth posed no threat to us whatever and they set up defensively at home which means they knew we was favourites and we just couldn't barrage their defence, as the season grows on we will only grow more powerful.

Sky Bet Championship
    Tuesday 20th August 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 4 - 2 Doncaster
    Maloney (6', 22'), Berisha (38'), McAnuff (40')

MOTM: Shaun Maloney

Our first home game and I was welcomed tremendously by the Wigan fans which was a nice gesture and to have them behind us is like an extra man on the field and it proved today which we sunk four past them in the first half, I have to credit Doncaster for not coming here and wanting to put 11 men behind the ball though, they came and had a go but we had too much power today.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 24th August 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 3 - 0 Middlesborough
    Maloney (31'), Strandberg (61'), Powell (90+1')

Tore them apart completely, the players are gelling even more so now and getting used to how eachother play. Although we both shared an equal amount of possession, it was us who did the most useful things with the ball and scored a trio of goals against a team hotly tipped for promotion.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 31st August 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 3 - 0 Notts Forest
    Maloney (7'), Strandberg (29'), McAnuff (60')

MOTM: Alberto Lora

A reflection scoreline of last game and an unbeaten end to the month against another one of the promotion favourites. We are not getting ahead of ourselves though as we know how quickly things can change, focus is our main thing and if we can put in performances like these then we shouldn't be far off come the end of the season.

Player Of The Month:

Blood, Sweat & Tears - The key to emulating success.-maloney.jpg
    Shaun Maloney
    A string of excellent performances and a flutter of goals, could of gone to various players.

League Table:

Name:	Sky Bet Championship_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	912
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	467877

AndySams10 and BigK63 like this.

5. September 2013

Europa League Group Stage draw:

Saint-Etienne
    Standard Liege
    Wigan
    HJK

One of the best possible draws we could of got in the Europa league and this gives us more than enough chance to challenge for 2nd spot to quality from the group. I believe we have more quality than HJK and Standard Liege but we may struggle against Saint-Etienne.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 14th September 2013

King Power Stadium

Leicester 1 - 1 Wigan
    O.G (90+2')

A last gasp push gave us a vital away point which may be crucial come the end of the season. I'm delighted with my lads today as yet again Leicester have invested heavily and we managed to get a result in their backyard, albeit fortunate we will take what we can.

Europa League Group Stage
    Thursday 19th September 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 3 - 1HJK
    Praet (37'), Holt (70'), McManaman (79')

MOTM:
    Grant Holt

A nice win to get our European campaign underway and running, I expected a win today against the minnows from Finland but we was made to work for it and it was alot harder than first expected.

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 22nd September 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 3 - 1 Ipswich
    Strandberg (40'), Svensson (87'), McAnuff (90')

MOTM:
    Stefan Strandberg

Another victory at home in the league against Mick McCarthy's Ipswich. I knew they would come well prepared as the sort of manager he is, he prepares his teams very well. It took us till three minutes from time to poke our noses infront and we got another in extra time from a counter attack.

Capital One Cup Third Round
    Thursday 24th September 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 0 - 1 Newcastle

MOTM: Jonas Gutierrez

The game could of gone either way today, but I am not angry or disappointed, we didn't look out of shape against a Premier League team and this was a test, if anything being out of one cup makes our season a little easier to concentrate on the league and Europa Cup.

Sky Bet Championship
    Friday 27th September 2013

Vicarage Road

Watford 0 - 1 Wigan
    Svensson (72')

MOTM:
    Jonas Svensson

A single goal was enough against last years playoff finalists. They also adopt a foreign approach to the game but the Spanish way beat the Italian way today and we come away with a very hard earned 3 points today.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	strand.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	467896
    Stefan Strandberg
    The rock of the defence so far this season, has also chipped in with some goals.

League Table:

Name:	Sky Bet Championship_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	846
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	467898

AndySams10, BigK63 and AayushCFC like this.

6. Great start as always mate, really good to have you back with a story. Can't wait for more.

7. Awesome mate, it's indeed good to have you back.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Streaky25 View Post
    Great start as always mate, really good to have you back with a story. Can't wait for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by AayushCFC View Post
    Awesome mate, it's indeed good to have you back.
    Thankyou gents, about to set off to work. Should be updated later tonight, thanks as always for the support.
    AayushCFC likes this.

9. Great start to the story and liking the layout. Will be following

10. Well Wigan beat United Now i aint happy to see that BUT ! Your back great

11. October 2013

Name:	tac.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	468199

A slight worry for me this month is that my strikers havn't exactly been firing on all cylinders but they are creating goals for the team which I suppose makes up for that, their match ratings say otherwise. We have a busy month this October with a cluster of games.

EUROPA League Group Stage
    Thursday 3rd October 2013

Stade Geoffrey-Guichard

Saint-Etienne 2 - 1 Wigan
    Holt (48')

MOTM: Brandao

I'm really sympathetic for the lads today as they didn't deserve to lose but a last minute winner proves how cruel football can be at times and we matched Saint-Etienne player for player all over the pitch so perhaps we can do more damage on the return fixture.

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 6th October 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 1 Blackburn
    Maloney (45+1')

Disappointed with a draw today and I think we let Blackburn play abit too much for them being an away team, despite that we put in a shift to the end and was overall a good performance and a stunning freekick from Shaun Maloney.

Sky Bet Championship
    Wednesday 9th October 2013

Hillsborough

Sheff Wed 1 - 2 Wigan
    Praet (5'), Maloney (82')

MOTM: Dennis Praet

A result which was grinded out, our third game in just over a week was obviously showing signs of fatigue in certain areas of the pitch but we have been rotating the best we can and we travel home with another three points in the bag.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 19th October 2013

Bloomfield Road

Blackpool 0 - 0 Wigan

MOTM: Bradley Orr

A boring stalemate, one of the positives to take from the game was that we kept a clean sheet and the defence never looked like conceding.

Thursday 24th October 2013

Stade Maurice Dufrasne

Standard Liege 1 - 1 Wigan
    McManaman (30')

MOTM: Chris McCann

A disgusting match from the officials point of view and Standard Liege, they had no gameplan except they was out to injure our best players and a two-footed lunge in the opening 15 minutes on Shaun Maloney saw him stretchered off and not long after the same offence happened on Callum McManaman which went unpunished; Vengance will be on the cards next game.

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 27th October 2013

The Valley

Charlton 1 - 2 Wigan
    McAnuff (43'), McClean (46')

MOTM: Jonas Svensson

A better performance than the last Championship outing at Blackpool and we are picking up wins away from home which is a sign of champions, even when we are not playing well we are grinding out the results. My concern is a lack of goals from the striker though.

Sky Bet Championship
    Wednesday 30th October 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 2 QPR
    Milosevic (9', 28')

MOTM: Alexander Milosevic

Before the game, this would of been a good result as QPR are one of our main rivals for promotion but after being two goals up and with the best defensive record in the league, I am livid at the team for resting on their lorals and letting QPR crawl back into the game. This is the first time the lads have seen the rage in the dressing room and they will be paying for it in training the following day with a full schedule of running and no ballwork.

Player Of The Month:

Blood, Sweat & Tears - The key to emulating success.-milo.jpg
    Alexander Milosevic
    With his partner Strandberg out this month, he's still kept the defence tight and put in some quality performances.

League Table:

Views:	452
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	468217

AndySams10 and AayushCFC like this.

12. i've defo been giving some tears after the 14.2.1 patch.. xD

13. Well done mate, nice seeing you are having success early on in the career, just like his brother Raul!

14. Quote Originally Posted by MatthewElphinstone View Post
    i've defo been giving some tears after the 14.2.1 patch.. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Streaky25 View Post
    Well done mate, nice seeing you are having success early on in the career, just like his brother Raul!
    Cheers guys and yeah, this patch is kinda killed my tactic, passings not fluid or quick but.. I'll see what I can do.

15. Update tonight
    AndySams10, ZeCarlos and AayushCFC like this.

16. November 2013

Views:	443
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	469030

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they will remember the name on the back.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 2nd November 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 0 Huddersfield
    Ramis (53')

MOTM: Ivan Ramis

On his return from injury at the start of the season, Ivan Ramis fired us to victory with a second half header and a very good performance to make sure I know that I have not forgot about him, another clean sheet is excellent.

Thursday 7th November 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 1 Standard Liege
    Holt (28', 58'), Holt sent off

A fantastic win in the Europa League today against the Belgian team Standard Liege and a brace for front man Grant Holt who was having a storming game until he got himself sent off for stupid fouls which put us under pressure. A win or draw in our next game will secure us a spot in the next round.

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 10th November 2013

Huish Park

Yeovil 2 - 0 Wigan

MOTM: Paddy Madden

Today we lost to a team which are expected to finish bottom of the league but have been performing above expectations, I'm not ashamed of the players. This is the first game they have lost in the league and it was a solid performance from Yeovil. I tip us to bounce back next game and the lads to use it to spur them on.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 23rd November 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 0 Brighton
    Strandberg (53'), McAnuff (83')

As I said last game, we would bounce back and we did with two brilliantly taken goals. Brighton was more interested in injuring our players after going infront as Anthony Annan and Callum McManaman was stretchered off.

Europa League Group Stage
    Thursday 28th November 2013

Sonera Stadium

HJK 1 - 1 Wigan
    Berisha (24')

MOTM: Veton Berisha

A draw was what was needed today and we delivered. With one game to spare in the group, no matter the outcome of our game with Saint-Etienne we will finish 2nd in the group but we have qualified which is a big feat for a Championship club and we ought to be proud of ourselves.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Milo.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	469237
    Alexander Milosevic:
    Alongside Strandberg, the two host the best defensive record in the league and have kept things very tight.

League Table:

Views:	403
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	469240

AndySams10 and ZeCarlos like this.

17. Another good update mate. Well done. On course for promotion definately, hopefully automatic too.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Streaky25 View Post
    Another good update mate. Well done. On course for promotion definately, hopefully automatic too.
    Thanks mate, hopefully. We are hardly conceding goals it's just trying to dip into the market for a goalscorer.

19. December 2013

Name:  wigan.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  7.9 KB

A funny picture which was dropped into my office, created by fans to show the teams unity along with my Spanish heritage.

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 1st December 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 0 - 0 Derby

MOTM: Will Hughes

A very even and fair game which a draw probably justified a fair result. Derby passed the ball round very exquisitely and the Man of the Match young Will Hughes caught my eye who I have sent scouts to keep a report on him as he looked a very good player with a huge future in the game.

Sky Bet Championship
    Wednesday 4th December 2013

Elland Road

Leeds 0 - 1 Wigan
    Holt (18')

MOTM:
    Nick Powell

A excellent display away from home as we snatched three points at Elland Road with Leeds behind a massive vocal support of fans. We are picking up points on the road which is so vital come the end of the season where there is one or two points between places, a solitary goal and a clean sheet but three points.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 7th December 2013

The Den

Millwall 1 - 2 Wigan
    McAnuff (15', 81')

MOTM:
    Jobi McAnuff

We dictated the play today and should of had many more goals but a brace from experienced winger Jobi McAnuff secures us the win, as Strandberg was missing McAnuff was named Captain and he led by example today by winning us the game.

Thursday 12th December 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan
    4 - 2 Saint-Etienne
    Maloney (5', 68'), Powell (9'), McManaman (72')

MOTM:
    Shaun Maloney

We destroy group leaders Saint-Etienne and got revenge on them, although we finish the group 2nd we have confidence we can beat top teams in this competition and there is no limits on how far we can go, we have already done excellently qualifying out of the group stage.

EUROPA League First Knockout Round draw:
    Metalurg D v Wigan

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 15th December 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 1 Bolton
    Holt (9'), O.G. (90+1')

MOTM: Jim O'Brien

A late own goal seals a win for us against Bolton, we put them under pressure and grew frustrated in the game.. Just as it looked like we was settling for a point we seal a last minute winner due to excessive pressure, a great feeling!

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 21st December 2013

Madejski Stadium

Reading 1 - 0 Wigan

MOTM:
    Daniel Williams

Our second loss of the season and one I wish we didn't, promotion rivals Reading made up points on us today due to a lacluster performance and also let other teams gain on us in the race for promotion. Hopefully we don't suffer a hangover and bounce straight back.

Sky Bet Championship
    Thursday 26th December 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 3 - 0 Birmingham
    O.G (2'), Lora (8'), Berisha (85')

MOTM:
    Alberto Lora

A straight bounceback from our defeat at Reading, A convincing win with more goals than usual and a clean sheet yet again. Our defence is the core of our success this year as we build from the back. A successful defence wins titles. It looks like Birmingham ate too much Turkey yesterday

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 29th December 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 0 Burnley
    McCann (25'), Holt (69')

MOTM:
    Chris McCann

The ex-Burnley man who served them for 8 years as a player was the one who undid them today and was goalscorer and provider today, he was sensational but so was the team. The performances recently have picked up and I'm really impressed with the lads.. Hopefully we can carry this into the new year.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	powell.png
Views:	808
Size:	412.6 KB
ID:	469341
    Nick Powell
    The youngster on loan from United was amazing this month.

League Table:

Name:	Sky Bet Championship_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	414
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	469343

AndySams10 likes this.

20. The layout of this story is awesome, easy to follow and keep up with the basics.
    Some decent signings for a Championship club, good luck with the rest of the season mate!

21. Quote Originally Posted by FM Pro View Post
    The layout of this story is awesome, easy to follow and keep up with the basics.
    Some decent signings for a Championship club, good luck with the rest of the season mate!
    Thanks mate, it saves money in the future.. Players who can play Prem standard is what I am for!

22. January Transfer Window

Blood, Sweat & Tears - The key to emulating success.-wigan.png

There was no particular area's which needed strengthening this window but if I could add quality to a position for the right amount of money then I would, I believe we have done good business in this window.

Ins:

Alejandro Faurlin - 700k:
    A excellent player we have in Faurlin from QPR. He possesses unreal quality and so far has had an excellent season which we hope he can carry his form across to us, he will provide tough competition in the centre of the park.

Jimmy Briand - loan: The French winger from Lyon is known best for his burst of speed and ability to get past an opponent. He has been one of the most consistent wingers in Ligue 1 and will welcome the game time.

Outs:

Ali Al Habsi - 1.7m: Not played all season and wanted first team football, glad to have the funds and him off the wage bill.

Ben Watson - 750k: Sold due to the arrival of Faurlin, we are not short of midfielders but have a good balance so enough of them see a good amount of minutes on the pitch.

With two in and two out this window, nothing major has happened but I believe the quality of players coming in could be regulars in the Premier League. We have more competition for quality in the team and hopefully we can hurt more teams.

AayushCFC likes this.

23. January 2014

RaRaRa

As you can see, we have invested in training and youth set-ups so that we can have a better chance of attracting higher profile players due to better facilities and have more chance of bringing youth through due to the high standard of youth set up.

Sky Bet Championship
    Wednesday 1st January 2014

Pride Park

Derby 1 - 2 Wigan
    McAnuff (13'), Powell (22')

MOTM: Jobi McAnuff

A excellent victory at Pride Park today to restart the year. Two early first half goals knocked the stuffing out of Derby, although they clawed a late goal back they never looked like coming back.

FA Cup Third Round
    Saturday 4th January 2013

DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 2 Notts County
    Praet (73'), Milosevic (90+1')

MOTM: Joss Labadie

We saved ourselves some blushes with a last minute equaliser. We looked very sluggish and expected to turn up and win against a team a league below us. I'm disappointed in the lads attitude to not care about such a historic tournament. We are the currently the holders of the competition.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 11th January 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 1 Bournemouth
    McManaman (20'), Planas (48')

MOTM: Carles Planas

Young Planas, the summer arrival from Barcelona registers his first goal for the team after a impressive first half of the season which has earned him rave reviews. We controlled most of the possession in the match and even after falling behind I knew that we would pull it back.

FA Cup Third Round Replay
    Wednesday 15th January 2014
    Meadow Lane

Notts County 2 - 3 Wigan
    Strandberg (44'), McManaman (47'), Holt (57'), Planas sent off

MOTM: Callum McManaman

We struggle through to the fourth round after getting past Notts County. We will have to perform even better to beat whoever awaits us in the next round.. Otherwise we will be soon exiting the competition.

FA Cup Fourth Round draw:
    Preston v Wigan

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 18th January 2014
    The Keepmoat Stadium

Doncaster 2 - 3 Wigan
    Lora (34'), Maloney (47'), Holt (60')

MOTM:
    Shaun Maloney

A even affair which would of probably a draw would have been a fair result. But we was the team which took more of our chances and therefore ended up taking all three points today away from The Keepmoat.

FA Cup Fourth Round
    Saturday 25th January 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 0 Preston
    O.G. (27')

MOTM: Tom Clarke

A own goal won us the game. I played fringe players in this game hoping they would push us through but a own goal was enough to push us through to the fifth round. I hope our performances can pick up in this competition as it is a very, very well talked about competition in England.

FA Cup Fifth Round draw:
    Wigan v Watford/West Brom

Sky Bet Championship
    Tuesday 28th January 2014

The Riverside Stadium

Middlesborough 2 - 4 Wigan
    Milosevic (5'), Maloney (17'), Holt (29'), Strandberg (75')

MOTM:
    Shaun Maloney

Another convincing win, this time against Aitor Karanka's Middlesborough. We have been firing on all cylinders in the league recently and have been scoring quite a few opposed to usual. I think the players are finally learning eachothers games inside out and playing with a smile on their faces.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Holt.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	525.3 KB
ID:	470199

Grant Holt
    The bigman has added a few goals to his tally and been a main creator in the Target Man role this month.

League Table:

Views:	427
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	470205

Last edited by TicTactition; 16/01/2014 at 08:27 PM.

24. February 2014

Views:	554
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	470252

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 1st February 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 3 - 2 Charlton
    Maloney (7', 34'), Svensson (90+3')

What a way to win a football game! After being 2-0 up and comfortable, Charlton fought back and drew us level. Just as the Lactics thought they was travelling home with a point, Jonas Svensson popped up with a stunner to win us the game.

Sky Bet Championship
    Tuesday 4th February 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 1 Barnsley
    Holt (38', 58')

MOTM: Grant Holt

A very sloppy game today, Grant Holt has come back into goalscoring ways recently though and some of his play today was out of this league, it's just a shame he's on the wrong side of 30 and on the decline.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 8th February 2014

John Smiths Stadium

Huddersfield 1 - 0 Wigan

MOTM: Jonathan Hogg

Unfortunately, we know we are not going to win every game in the league and every team has to lose sometime. It is hard to take defeat as a manager but it's our first one since the end of December which I'm delighted with the lads for such consistency, we still showed battling power and created chances, it just wasn't our day.

FA Cup Fifth Round
    Saturday 15th February 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 4 - 0 Watford
    Maloney (15', 56', 74'), Milosevic (64')

What a vintage performance today, this is the best I've seen the lads play since I joined here as manager. We tore Watford apart with our intricate and delicate passing. A special mention to Shaun Maloney who taes home FA Cup matchball for his magnificent hat-trick.

FA Cup Quarter Final Draw:
    Wigan v Man City

EUROPA League First Knockout Round First Leg
    Thursday 20th February 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 1 Metalurg D
    Perch (79')

MOTM:
    James Perch

We should have had this tie dead and buried. After 28 shots at goal resulting on 14 on target I'm quite disappointed we only managed to get a draw and allowed Metalurg to gain an away goal on us. We know we have the beating of them player for player and hopefully we can go to Ukraine and win.

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 23rd February 2014

American Express Community Stadium

Brighton 0 - 1 Wigan
    Holt (41')

A hard game for us today against a Brighton team who set up very defensively trying to stop us from scoring rather than looking for the win themselves, they did a good job most of the game which resulted in us scoring from a set-piece from big Grant Holt. It shows teams in this league are scared of what we can do to them.

EUROPA League First Knockout Round Second Leg
    Thursday 27th February 2014

Donbas-Arena

Metalurg D 0 - 2 Wigan (1-3 agg)
    Strandberg (7'), Holt (53')

I knew we would go through after we battered them in England for a full 90 minutes. An early goal set us off and ruined any plans Metalurg had for clinging defensively hoping to go though on away goals. We actually controlled the game with great success and deserve our place in the next round.

EUROPA League Second Knockout Round draw:
    Wigan v Anderlecht

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Holt.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	525.3 KB
ID:	470294
    Grant Holt
    Another month, the bigman has been pivotal in our playing style and is chipping up with even more goals.

League Table:

Views:	450
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	470297
    AndySams10 likes this.

25. March 2014

Blood, Sweat & Tears - The key to emulating success.-alan-squires_-overview-profile.pngBlood, Sweat & Tears - The key to emulating success.-glyn-roberts_-overview-profile.png

These are two youth prospects whom have just been signed after regen day. I am excited about both of these player but especially Squires who looks like he could be playing league football already, once he has had abit of time at the club I'll be looking to loan him out immiediately.

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 2nd March 2014

The City Ground

Notts Forest 3 - 0 Wigan
    Annan sent off

MOTM: Dexter Blackstock

I'm embarrassed at the team today. We played like useless Sunday league players. I explained this to the team and told them the following day they will be sacrificing training for running as a punishment.

FA Cup Quarter Final
    Saturday 8th March 2014
    Etihad Stadium

Man City 2 -1 Wigan
    McCann (69')

MOTM: Majita Nastasic

We ought to be proud of ourselves. We put up a great fight against moneybags City. We certainly didn't ashame ourselves with this performance and although we cannot defend the FA Cup, we got to the Quarters of a major national cup competition which is a great achievement.

EUROPA League Second Knockout Round First Leg
    Thursday 13th March 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 3 - 2 Anderlecht
    Holt (31'), Maloney (55'), McAnuff (83')

MOTM: Maarten Martens

We upset the odds of many today and would have ruined a few accumulators. Many had Anderlechts down as favorites to win this game which looked more likely once we squirmed a two goal lead but a late winner from Jobi sealed an advantage to head over to Belgium with.

Sky Bet Championship
    Monday 17th March 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 1 Leicester
    Maloney (59'), Milosevic (90+1')

We left things late today, performances of late in the league have been slipping and we have been looking sloppy at times, if we don't pick up the quality of performances soon, some teams will be able to capitalize and punish us.

EUROPA League Second Knockout Round Second Leg
    Thursday 20th March 2014

Stade Constant Vanden Stock

Anderlecht 1 - 2 Wigan (3-5 agg)
    Praet (10'), McAnuff (53')

MOTM: Jobi McAnuff

We march into the Quarters after a good team performance and young Dennis Praet scored against his former club, he held his celebrations and showed respect for the club which he spent 8 years as a youngster. Anyway we march on into the Quarters and the competition is our oyster.

EUROPA League Quarter Final draw:
    Wigan v Tottenham

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 23rd March 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 0 Watford
    Briand (14')

MOTM: Carles Planas

A single goal was enough today against struggling Watford, we kept a clean sheet which is always a nice feeling for a team. We are still in the hunt for promotion which we havn't showed many signs of crumbling but I will not hold my words until its official.

Sky Bet Championship
    Wednesday 26th March 2014

Loftus Road

QPR 2 - 0 Wigan

MOTM: Charlie Austin

Another loss in the month against promotion chasing QPR. We didn't perform bad, but neither was we excellent. There was alot of room for improvement and we will be ironing out our mistakes in training to stop them from happening again.

Sky Bet Championship
    Saturday 29th March 2014

Reebok Stadium

Bolton 3 - 1 Wigan
    Milosevic (12')

MOTM: Craig Davies

The players was awful today, every single one of them. A disgrace to the club to put on that shirt today, I let them know this and the traveling fans who watched this derby game will all be refunded due to such a Sh!t performance which I am embarrassed to say came from a team of mine. One player who shall not be named is on his way out of the club in the summer after walking off the pitch without going over to the fans.

Player Of The Month:

Views:	1964
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	470495
    Jobi McAnuff
    The summer acquisitions two goals helped us through in the Europa League.

League Table:

Views:	432
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	470497

26. April 2014

Views:	530
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	470548

Sky Bet Championship
    Tuesday 1st April 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 4 - 2 Yeovil
    Holt (11'), Briand (58'), Powell (66'), Denswil (89')

MOTM:Stefano Denswil

A convincing victory to stretch our lead even further at the top. We controlled everything today and crushed Yeovil on our way to the win.

EUROPA League Quarter Final First Leg
    Thursday 3rd April 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 1 Tottenham
    Powell (58')

MOTM: Younes Kaboul

Even though Tottenham have grabbed an away goal, this is a fantastic result and still gives us a glimmer of hope that we may be able to go to White Hart Lane and snatch a sly victory. The lads have to credit themselves for such an impressive display today and making the club and the fans proud.

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 6th April 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 0 - 0 Leeds

MOTM: Anthony Annan

Every point at this stage of the season is vital. We needed a result today, and got one. The players are working extremely hard to keep fit after a hard, grooling season we are at the final push and if we fight through it; it will be worth the while.

Sky Bet Championship
    Tuesday 8th April 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 0 Millwall
    Praet (71')

Just what we needed! A big, massive three points! Each point in this growing season is become more important and my players was warriors today, fighting through the pain barrier to play. In recent weeks we've had some weeks where we was playing 3 games in a week.

EUROPA League Quarter Final Second Leg
    Thursday 10th April 2014

White Hart Lane

Tottenham 2 - 1 Wigan (3-2 agg)
    Svensson (67')

MOTM: Anthony Annan

What a cruel way to have to exit the competition, a late goal from Tottenham sends us out. But I will have my boys going out of the competition as the surprise competitors and the shock which opened everyones eyes. We will finish strong in the league and grow our reputation.

Sky Bet Championship
    Sunday 13th April 2014

St.Andrews

Birmingham 2 - 2 Wigan
    O.G (90'), Powell (90+2')

As you can see by the timing of the goals, the team has a never say die attitude and we came together and got this result as a team.

Sky Bet Championship
    Tuesday 15th April 2014

Portman Road

Ipswich 0 - 1 Wigan
    Powell (59')

The anticipation of every game keeps growing and the expectation is piling on top of mine and the players shoulders but we keep delivering the goods. If we can maintain a steady form in the last few games of the season it should see us promoted. We kept yet another clean sheet this season.

Sky Bet Championship
    Friday 18th April 2014
    DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 0 Reading
    Radzionau (11'), Strandberg (23')

WE'VE WON THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    ECSTATIC SCENES AT THE DW AS WE SECURED PROMOTION AS CHAMPIONS TODAY. IT'S BEEN A LONG SEASON AND THE PLAYERS HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT. I MADE A STATEMENT AT THE START OF THE SEASON WE WOULD BE PLAYING PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL AND HERE WE COME!!!

Rest Of The Season Results:

Name:	res.png
Views:	389
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	470562

Also some fantastic news to share:

Ra

Young Alan Squires made his debut vs Burnley and had a memorable one by scoring infront of the DW. He has introduced himself and one of the finest prospects in the English set-up. I look forward to see how he progresses.

Final League Table:

Views:	502
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	470566

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blood, Sweat & Tears - The key to emulating success.-wigan.jpg  

27. Player Awards:

Name:	award.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	470993

Here is personal awards which I have delegated to players after discussions with staff at the club and people surrounding the club. It was a extremely long season in which we played over 70 games and managed to seal the Community Shield and Sky Bet Championship.

Player Of The Season:

Name:	strand.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	470996
    Stefan Strandberg
    What an absolute stormer of a season for the Norwegian Centre-Back. He was part of the best defence of the league this season which conceded 42 goals in 46 games. He was also called up for his first cap but after a number of impressive displays he was named Captain for Norway which was fully deserved. He will be the heart of the defence next season.

Young Player Of The Season:

Name:	praet.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	471003
    Dennis Praet
    As our most costly signing, and deemed a European Goldenboy for the future, some games he just turned them on their head and transformed them into three points. He is also going to improve, at the age of 20 he still has plenty of time to develop.

Value signing of the season:

Name:	Planas.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	471007
    Carles Planas
    110k was spent on this guy and it proved to be the biggest bargain of the season. Now having an estimated market value of around 7.5m he will prove a big hit in the Premier League this season.

XI Of The Year:

Carson

Lora Strandberg Milosevic Planas
    Annan

Praet McCann

McAnuff Maloney
    Holt

28. Pre-Season and Transfers

In's:

Name
    Club

Ezequiel Rescaldani Velez 5.75m
    Ignacio Camacho Malaga
    3.3m
    Carlos Kameni AC Ajacco 3m
    Adam Smith Tottenham free
    Anton Putsila Volga NN free
    Stefano Denswil Ajax loan
    Kasper Schmeichel Leicester 1.6m
    Luis Alberto Liverpool loan
    Karim Ait Fana Montpillier 2m
    Diego / free
    Lorenzo Di Silvestre / free
    Ricardo Quaresma / free
    Samuele Longo Inter 3m
    Eder Alvarez Balanta River Plate 5.25m

I'm delighted at some of the signings we've managed to bring in, we have some very, very good footballers joining our ranks here at Wigan. The biggest coups for the club are Balanta, Kameni and Camacho. I believe these players are of a high European standard and I am delighted to add them to my ranks. Also Diego, released from Wolfsburg as their ambitions didn't match his could be a very important player for us this year.

Outs:

Name Club Fee
    Shaun Maloney Crystal Palace 1.8m
    Ivan Ramis Southampton 1m
    Grant Holt Crystal Palace 100k
    James Perch Sunderland 2.6m
    Scott Carson West Ham 5m
    Stephen Crainey / free
    Gary Caldwell / free
    Marc-Antoine Fortune FC Nantes 200k
    Alexander Milosevic Frankfurt 6m
    Jobi McAnuff Sunderland free
    Fraser Fyvie Notts Forest 900k
    Vitali Radzionau Swansea loan

Some players who left the club this summer, I wish hadn't but I had to grant their wishes to play football elsewhere as I believe you are a better player if your happy. The most notable departures are Alexander Milosevic and Scott Carson, which both wanted to push their transfers through and the fans was sad to see them leave but I believe I have bought adequate replacements in Kameni and Balanta. Both wingers who starred in our excellent season was allowed to leave aswell as they are the wrong side of 30 and I can buy better now we are in this league.

Pre-Season Results:

Ayr
    0 - 6 Wigan
    McManaman (1', 36'), McCann (63'), Bingham (74' 79'), Praet (87')

Dover 0 - 3 Wigan
    Ait Fana (13'), Putsila (90'), Faurlin (90+2')

Wigan 3 - 2 Saint-Etienne
    Annan (17'), Putsila (77'), Rescaldani (90')

Wigan 5 - 3 Club Brugge
    Praet (26', 30'), O.G (39', 84'), Glyn Roberts (58')

Crusaders 0 - 5 Wigan
    Longo (7'), Faurlin (21', 45+2'), Annan (44'), Lora (45+3')

Wigan 1 - 0 Roma
    Svensson (9')

Wigan 3 - 1 Fiorentina
    O.G. (19', 45'), Rescaldani (87')

Wow. What a fantastic Pre-Season. We won every single game which we played and especially the latter games shows that we can be a surprise package this season if our minds are focused and we believe. I am really optimistic this season and looking forward to managing in the best league in the world. I hope you join me on my journey.

We Kick Off Our Season Against Tottnenham.

29. August 2014

Views:	390
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	471053

This season we will be building our own path to see where we end up. I believe with a little luck the possibilities are endless but our main priority is avoiding relegation that first season back in the league.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 16th August 2014

White Hart Lane

Tottenham 1 - 1 Wigan
    Balanta (14')

MOTM: Eder Alvarez Balanta

What a fantastic way to open the season. We upset the odds away at Tottenham, our pressing so high up the pitch never really gave Tottenham a real chance to come attacking at us and a draws probably fair on Tottenham. A fantastic debut for our new centre-back who was given MOTM.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 23rd August 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 0 Everton
    Strandberg (53')

MOTM: Eder Alvarez Balanta

This adds to our impressive result against Tottenham. I told the lads as it's our first home game of the season to go out and express themselves to see what we can deliver. We came up trumps with a clean sheet and a win against a very strong Everton side against my good friend Roberto Martinez, we shared a few drinks after the game but I felt proud inside that I had done one on him.

Capital One Cup Second Round
    Tuesday 26th August 2014

The Alexandra Stadium

Crewe 0 - 2 Wigan
    Praet (40'), Longo (45+2')

A comfortable victory against League One Crewe. Two goals on the stroke of half-time saw them die off and we was comfortable for large parts of the game without even being threatened, Longo registered his first goals which I hope is the first f many, we proceed to the next round.

Capital One Cup Third Round draw:
    Hull v Wigan

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday 31st August 2014

Anfield

Liverpool 1 - 1 Wigan
    Putsila (38')

MOTM: Anton Putsila

What a fantastic end to the month. My boys have done me proud today and we could of come away from the game winning it. We have taken two massive away points from teams who will be finishing at the head of the league at the end of the season and I'm delighted at our performances and work ethic.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Balanta.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	471095
    Eder Alvarez Balanta
    The young Colombian was questioned if he could fulfill the role of Milosevic and answered emphatically.

League Table:

Name:	English Premier Division_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	395
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	471096

AayushCFC likes this.

30. September 2014

Views:	579
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	471145

We are off to a good start in the league and have come flying out the blocks. Can we maintain it this month?

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 13th September 2014

The Hawthorns

West Brom 0 - 1 Wigan
    Rescaldani (62'), Planas sent off

MOTM:
    Stefan Strandberg

Another single goal win for us today. We played very well and should have had more goals, but if it gets us three points I don't mind regardless of our play if we can get the win. The only thing that spoilt the match was Planas's horrible challenge which deserved the red card and I'm disappointed in him.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 20th September 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 0 - 3 Aston Villa

MOTM: Cristian Benteke

Well, this is what can happen in the Premier League if your not up to your best, Benteke had a quality game against us today and I'm surprised he's still at Villa as he is a top, top player. We move on and forget about this game.

Capital One Cup Third Round
    Tuesday 23rd September 2014

KC Stadium

Hull 2 - 3 Wigan
    Longo (73', 90+4'), Svensson (81')

MOTM: Samuele Longo

A tighter match than I would have liked, but we progress and it was a good, attacking performance which we got a bunch of goals to our arsenal. Longo looks a good prospect for us and has been popping up with some great performances s far this season.

Capital One Cup Fourth Round draw:
    N
    otts Forest v Wigan

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 27th September 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 0 Sunderland
    Longo (20')

MOTM: Orestis Karnezis

A interesting game as I rate our team similar to Sunderland. Despite only winning 1-0 we absolutely ripped Sunderland to pieces and their goalkeeper probably wont have a better game in his life, he must of saved around five or six key chances.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Longo.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	471165
    Samuele Longo
    Three goals in two games this month for the young man, he is putting pressure on Rescaldani to succeed as the spot is currentl his to lose.

League Table:

Name:	English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	381
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	471175
    AayushCFC likes this.

31. Fantastic mate and great signings. Well done. Good luck for the season.

32. October 2014

Views:	288
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	471243

A very mixed month for Lactic fans.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 4th October 2014

St James' Park

Newcastle 2 - 1
    Wigan
    Longo (49'),
    Faurlin sent off

MOTM: Jose Paolo Guerrero

We can't expect to go to St James at take anything but we gave a good performance which shows the lads still believe they can go and cause upsets, we was unlucky today and the officials wasnt the best it has to be said.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 18th October 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 1 Man City
    Svensson (62')

MOTM:
    Jonas Svensson

What a result!!! Probably our best result of the season against moneybags City. Their wage bill is 15 times ours per week and what we spend in one season can buy them a player. Our fighting spirit is unbuyable though and we come away a very, very happy team. The fans was the 12th man today and was a credit to the club.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 25th October 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 3 - 2 Chelsea
    Putsila (11', 89'), O.G. (49')

MOTM:
    Anton Putsila

WOOOOOOW! This triumphs last games result by a country mile. We come away with a late winner against another giant in the league, it looked very unlikely when Chelsea went into half time leading and comfortable.. Once again my players dug in and backed eachother up and rallied their next teammate to a great win.

Capital One Cup Fourth Round
    Tuesday 28th October 2014

The City Ground

Notts Forest 4 -0 Wigan

MOTM:
    Kelvin Wilson

No comment. I'm glad it's the end of the month.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Putsila.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	471263
    Anton Putsila
    Purely on the Chelsea game alone, a fan favorite so far at the DW.

League Table:

Name:	English Premier Division_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	268
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	471266

33. Wow man, you're pumping updates! Keep up the awesome work, as usual, loving your story!

34. Quote Originally Posted by AndySams10 View Post
    Fantastic mate and great signings. Well done. Good luck for the season.
    Thanks mate, been tough recently.

35. November 2014

Name:	bad.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	471311
    The picture says it all.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 1st November 2014

Old Trafford

Man Utd 4 - 0 Wigan

MOTM: Javier Pastore

Absolutely disgusting.

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 8th November 2014

Craven Cottage

Fulham
    1 - 1 Wigan
    Putsila (86')

MOTM: Anton Putsila

Had to wait till last five minutes to get a draw against a shitty Fulham team. Funny what I received the day after though:

Ra

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 22nd November 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 1 - 1 Reading
    Annan (58'), Planas sent off

MOTM: Alex McCarthy

Even when we do take the lead, players feel the need to get sent off to make the job of winning the game easier...

Barclays Premier League
    Saturday 29th November 2014

DW Stadium

Wigan 2 - 4 Swansea
    Svensson (1'), O.G. (58')

MOTM: Wilfried Bony

I love conceding three goals in the last 10 minutes to lose the game.

No player of the month, the people who earn their money at this football club have all been fined 1 months wages due to a disgusting month of football which they have put me and the fans through, if things don't pick up during the next few fixtures there will be alot of faces departing the DW in January. I don't care how good some players was last year or a reputation they had before they came here. We must improve.

League Table:

Name:	English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	253
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	471315

36. Click image for larger version

Views:	278
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	471320

I said my goodbyes as I had come to the end of my spell as Wigan manager, I had a good time whilst there and managed two get two trophies added to my CV. But after such a good start to the season, after a 4-0 hammering in the cup the team just shattered and the players ended up giving up. Instead of slugging out the job, I decided to resign and maybe a change of manager will be just what the club needs to get them up and running again as there are a few gems in that team. I will be on the lookout for another job but it will be a job that suits me. I may have to wait a few weeks or months but it will be worth the wait.

37. Interesting twist. Look forward to see where you end up! Any clues? Or countries of interest?

38. Quote Originally Posted by AndySams10 View Post
    Interesting twist. Look forward to see where you end up! Any clues? Or countries of interest?
    Not sure yet mate, fancy a change of location but if something interesting pops up I'll take it.
    AndySams10 likes this.

39. Wow interesting twist there mate thought you weren't doing too badly really considering!! Looking forward to seeing where you end up mate!

40. Quote Originally Posted by Sam91 View Post
    Wow interesting twist there mate thought you weren't doing too badly really considering!! Looking forward to seeing where you end up mate!
    Many more twists to come mate!
    AndySams10 and Sam91 like this.

41. Gonzalez-Blanco strikes deal with new team, but who?

Name:	Dortmund.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	471390
    Borussia Dortmund

I'm delighted to have struck a deal with such a magnificent club. Even for Dortmund to take a look at me was admiring, compared to my last job it's a huge step up and I feel like I'm at the best club in the world with the best fans in the world. I remember coming to watch games where Dortmund fans would just scare the living daylights out of their opponents.
    I will bring attacking, passing and pressing football to Dortmund and I will promise to keep big players from signing from rival teams. Together if we can work it right we can create a very, very strong force.

42. Pre-Season and Transfers

Views:	646
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	471393

In's:

Name Club Fee
    Lazar Markovic Benfica 18m
    Marcel Schuhen Werder Bremen 800k
    Marco Verratti PSG 12.75m
    Guido Pizzaro Juventus 4.3m
    Kevin Trapp Frankfurt 4.2m

These transfers are of the highest quality, the first three was already coming in before I took over Dortmund. Nevertheless, the quality is welcome and competition for places is beyond believable and players will have to be on top of their game should they want to hold a regular first team place this year.

Outs:

Name Club Fee
    Jakub Blaszczykowski Atletico Madrid 5.75m
    Marcel Schmelzer Shakhtar 8.75m
    Moritz Leitner Leverkusen loan
    Guido Pizzaro Juventus loan

I would have like to have kept the first two but they was sold before I arrived, but we are overloaded with quality in the centre of the park and Leitner is one for the future and will welcome the first team football at Leverkusen and this will aid his development as a player. Pizzaro heads back to Juventus for a 200k loan fee per month plus regular football, if he has a successful loan spell then we may see if he can make the step into the team.

Pre-Season Results:

Dortmund 2 - 0 Feyenoord
    Hofmann (72'), Bender (88')

Portland 1 - 3 Dortmund
    Roth (80', 84'), Piszczek (88')

Real Salt Lake 1 - 3 Dortmund
    Hummels (37'), Lukaku (68'), Mkhitaryan (73')

Dortmund 3 - 3 Sporting Lisbon
    Papastathopoulos (32'), Reus (67'), Hummel (77')

Parma 1 - 1 Dortmund
    Hummels (26')

Undefeated pre-season and some real class players we have at our disposal. We will be looking to win the league this year and I believe that we will have a great chance of progressing in Europe.

Sam91 likes this.

43. August 2015

Views:	328
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	471479

Welcome to the Singal Iduna Park.

German Cup First Round
    Sunday 2nd August 2015

Willi Knapp-Sportlage

Zirndorf 1 - 5 Dortmund
    O.G. (8'), Mkhitaryan (20', 48'), Aubameyang (72'), Grobkreutz (85')

MOTM: Henrikh Mkhitaryan

A routine win in the first round of the cup. A nice win to get me underway as manager and some very pleasing stuff on display today. Henrikh controlled the game and finished with two goals and two assists which was a very good individual performance from him.

German Cup Second Round draw:
    Dortmund v Dusseldorf

Bundesliga
    Saturday 8th August 2015

Imtech Arena

Hamburg 0 - 6 Dortmund
    Subotic (5'), Lukaku (15', 38', 41'), Mkhitaryan (22'), Hummels (71')

MOTM: Romelu Lukaku

Clinical. What a fantastic and utterly destructive performance to start off the league, the best performance I've ever witnessed as my time during a manager. We could have ended up in double figures the way we played. Romelu goes home with a matchball and I hope it is the first of many for him.

Bundesliga
    Saturday 15th August 2015

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 4 - 1 Nurnberg
    Lukaku (15'), Reus (20'), O.G. (22'), Bender (62')

MOTM: Lukasz Piszczek

I was welcomed by the world renowned fans and the famous Yellow Wall of Dortmund. Nurnberg looked frightened to death when they stepped out that tunnel and within that we struck them for three goals in 25 minutes. We basically sealed the game in the first half.. Another excellent performance.

Bundesliga
    Saturday 22nd August 2015

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 4 - 0 Hoffenheim
    Papastathopoulous (28'), Markovic (37'), Sahin (44'), Verratti (82')

MOTM: Marco Reus

8 Goals in two games at home, we are treating the fans and trying to give them back what they give to us, I can now see as a manager what an impact the fans make. The fans give the players extra energy and incentive to go out and make them proud. We have had an excellent start so far this season.

Bundesliga
    Saturday 29th August 2015

Allianz Arena

FC Bayern 1 - 1 Dortmund
    Mkhitaryan (21')

MOTM: Sokratis Papastathopoulous

I will take this result all day long away from home. Bayern are our main contenders for the title and to take a point from them at their place is excellent. We could of snatched it but the same could be said about Bayern. A draws a fair result.

Player Of The Month:

Name:	Pisz.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	471488
    Lukasz Piszczek
    The Polish full-back has been sensational, defensively and offensively contributing with 3 assists and playing part in two clean sheets.

League Table:

Name:	German First Division_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	346
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	471491

44. Top stuff and what a team to find yourself at. Long term or short term stay? Keep up the great start.

45. Quote Originally Posted by AndySams10 View Post
    Top stuff and what a team to find yourself at. Long term or short term stay? Keep up the great start.
    I don't think he has it planned, he just joined. If it keeps working he might stay here for long term, just like managers fall in love with some clubs IRL.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

46. Quote Originally Posted by AayushCFC View Post
    I don't think he has it planned, he just joined. If it keeps working he might stay here for long term, just like managers fall in love with some clubs IRL.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Yes I know he's just joined, as I've been reading the story! Was just asking if he had made any plans, just like managers do in real life too!
    AayushCFC likes this.

47. Quote Originally Posted by AndySams10 View Post
    Yes I know he's just joined, as I've been reading the story! Was just asking if he had made any plans, just like managers do in real life too!
    My guess above is because of his previous story, he started in Liga Adelente and then got to West Brom, his aim was to reach RM but he stayed at WBA because he didn't want to leave his legacy and some special players and the club.. That's why. It's very hard to leave and see some manager come and destroy your dynasty.

48. Quote Originally Posted by AayushCFC View Post
    My guess above is because of his previous story, he started in Liga Adelente and then got to West Brom, his aim was to reach RM but he stayed at WBA because he didn't want to leave his legacy and some special players and the club.. That's why. It's very hard to leave and see some manager come and destroy your dynasty.
    Not really sure why you are explaining all this, I know and understand everything you've said, plus I've been a huge follower of his and have seen how his stories have gone!! All I've asked is IF he had any plan in mind and as yet there's no indication, so thought I'd get in there first!!
    Last edited by AndySams10; 18/01/2014 at 02:41 PM.
    xJamieWilliams likes this.

49. Quote Originally Posted by AndySams10 View Post
    Not really sure why you are explaining all this, I know and understand everything you've said, plus I've been a huge follower of his and have seen how his stories have gone!! All I've asked is IF he had any plan in mind and as yet there's no indication, so thought I'd get in there first!!
    Nor do I.. Nevermind.
    AndySams10 likes this.

50. Nothing is planned as of yet gentleman.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO