Like Tree82Likes

Crusaders F.C. - The European Crusade
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

1. 2020/2021 Pre-Season Part 2

Key men:

Donal Cox is still yet to make a breakthrough to the starting XI after 3 full seasons. This is mainly because he plays AM, and we previously didn't. With the formation change, I intend to make Cox a key cog in the supporting AM role as he has some of the best potential at the club.

D

Henry is the main reason I sold Babacar, he will be the main man for many years (hopefully). The scavengers are always swarming though...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paul Henry_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	604
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	543882

McGeady was a great signing, hopefully he can perform at a similar level again this time round!

Name:	Aiden McGeady_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	594
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	543885

Same with Rooney, I'm going to move him into the AM role to share with Donal Cox since his finishing is falling and he isn't mobile enough. Still can't believe he plays for us!

Name:	Wayne Rooney_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	601
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	543886
    Last edited by Arazar; 30/03/2014 at 10:53 PM.

2. Paul Henry looks a beast! Did he come through your academy? You're reaping the rewards of a great youth system, is your plan to have a fully home grown team in future? Do you ever look for talented youngers from elsewhere?
    Arazar and Liam1967 like this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by cps100 View Post
    Paul Henry looks a beast! Did he come through your academy? You're reaping the rewards of a great youth system, is your plan to have a fully home grown team in future? Do you ever look for talented youngers from elsewhere?
    Yeah Henry is a complete animal, he came through the youth system around 2015 and seems to have plenty of development left in him too. City, United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Southampton and Newcastle are pretty much always interested and bid up to 5.5million but he's the future of club and country so I'm not letting him go!

I'd love to have a fully home grown team in say 10 years time. Guys like Brittain, Digby, Milner, McGeady and Eastman were brought in to tutor the current batch of Crusaders Northern Irish talent, so that they in turn can provide the same service to the next generation. Rooney was brought in as a great player rather than tutor, since his personality isn't the best.

I haven't really looked elsewhere for young talent, all of ours have come through the academy
    cps100 and Liam1967 like this.

4. 2020-2021 Champions League Qualification + more!

We started our European campaign with a 2nd qualifying round tie against Moldovan side Sheriff, and easily beat them home and away. The first leg was away and we dominated them, winning 3-0 and not even letting them have a shot!

Name:	Sheriff v Crusaders_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	505
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	545709

With 3 away goals, the tie was already over and we finished the job with a 1-0 second leg victory. The surprise was we converted only 1 of our 32 shots! The next round drew us against Norwegians Molde.

Name:	Crusaders v Sheriff_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	531
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	545711

We once against dominated the first leg away from home, and won 3-0 effectively ending the tie.

Name:	Molde v Crusaders_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	515
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	545712

We finished the job with a 4-0 second leg victory. We went through to the play-offs 7-0 on aggregate, where we we face Finnish side RoPS.

Name:	Crusaders v Molde_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	524
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	545713

The draw was kinder than previous years, and despite absolutely dominating the first leg, we lost 2-1. It was at home as well so the 2 away goals are very damaging to our chances of going through.

Name:	Crusaders v RoPS_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	510
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	545714

Luckily we turned on the style in the second leg, and got an early goal to build on. The game finished 4-0 with a couple of great solo goals from Henry and Law. We went through 5-2 on aggregate to the Champions League group stages once again!

Name:	RoPS v Crusaders_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	555
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	545715

We have narrowly edged our way into the 3rd seed from the group draw, meaning we aren't the weakest team anymore! Our group contains Real Madrid, AC Milan and Feyenoord however, meaning we will still do very well to qualify but I remain hopeful of a 3rd place finish if we can do well against Feyenoord!

Name:	Adam King_ News Inbox.png
Views:	522
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	545720

Here our the fixtures so far, and you can see we've already had a draw against Arsenal in a friendly, but also against Cliftonville in the league. Some other stomping wins in the league will hopefully see us break the goalscoring record this season!

Name:	Crusaders_ Fixtures Schedule.png
Views:	524
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	545717

Finances are looking great, with our balance stood at ?17million following several big-money sales, a lower wage bill, Champions League qualification and no facility upgrades this season (for the first time since the start of the save). Hopefully we will have enough money for a fantastic new stadium in a few years time, if we can continue to slowly but surely grow the fanbase!

Name:	Crusaders_ Boardroom Finances.png
Views:	551
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	545723

Here's the club overview; Paul Henry and John Byrne are now of legendary status at Crusaders. Both came from the academy which is particularly pleasing! A few others are working their way towards that as well. The club is also nearly worth ?30million, a massive growth on last year.

Name:	Crusaders_ Information General.png
Views:	505
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	545731

Our facilities are still Superb/Superb, and will hopefully both get an upgrade next summer given our large balance. Junior Coaching is still at its highest whilst I really don't know why Youth Recruitment is still "Average". I'm still unable to improve this feature, can anyone tell me why?

Name:	Crusaders_ Information Facilities.png
Views:	571
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	545732

My manager profile stands at 500 games now, and World Class Reputation. I don't seem to get many job offers of late though, although the occasional relegated Premier League side do come calling. Hopefully when the Northern Ireland manager leaves, I'll be first choice to take over.

Name:	Adam King_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	518
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	545729

Finally, here is the final squad for this season ordered by position:

Name:	Crusaders_ Squad Players.png
Views:	513
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	545724

Name:	Crusaders_ Squad Players-2.png
Views:	497
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	545726

Thanks for reading, and I'll be back with the Group Stages next!
    Liam1967 likes this.

5. Hopefully your club build a new stadium after you in the near future. Looks like you need it as your current stadium is tiny.

King Arena has a nice ring to it .
    Arazar likes this.

6. For me, this is my favourite save on this website ever, especially since I am Northern Irish myself. Great to see how much you have improved the team and the league so far. Any chance of a screenshot of what Giants Park is? Can't say I have heard of it. Keep up the great work!
    Arazar likes this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Curtis21 View Post
    For me, this is my favourite save on this website ever, especially since I am Northern Irish myself. Great to see how much you have improved the team and the league so far. Any chance of a screenshot of what Giants Park is? Can't say I have heard of it. Keep up the great work!
    Thanks mate, I'm really enjoying building the club, league and national team over the long term! Who do you support (in NI) out of interest?

I think Giants Park could well be made up, and is used alongside Windsor Park for Champions League games (although mainly Windsor Park) due to the 3G surface at Seaview. Hopefully in a few years we can eliminate the need to share for Europe by building a nice new stadium!

Name:	Crusaders_ Information Facilities-2.png
Views:	523
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	545737

Everything right now in this save is quality, but longer term I'm gonna need 3 things:

1. The Northern Ireland international job
    2. Youth Recruitment improvements so I get more Paul Henrys
    3. More season ticket holders which will lead to the need for a new stadium

Trust me I will play this save till all 3 happen, Crusaders/Northern Ireland will (eventually) go all the way

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    Hopefully your club build a new stadium after you in the near future. Looks like you need it as your current stadium is tiny.

King Arena has a nice ring to it .
    Tiny and we can't fill it for league games! Season ticket holder growth is so slow, we're only just over 500 which for a Champions League team is unheard of!

9. I'm a Linfield fan, you've signed some good players from them like Mulgrew and Burns during the first few seasons! Nice to see them go full time too. I do hope you get a new stadium soon, finances are in good shape and maybe add in the to do list of winning the champion's league? Just so the save continues on a little longer

10. Good going mate!

In terms of the youth recruitment I got to 2037 with Aberystwyth on FM13 and even after 5 Champions League's and 1 Europa League title I don't think we were ever able to get our youth recruitment above average. It doesn't really matter though because it seems you are getting some of the best Northern Irish youngsters anyway and increasing it would only increase the chances that you would start bringing in foreign youngsters in your youth intake.

Also, the attendances problem was my biggest annoyance with the save! We eventually got a new stadium after winning the CL a couple of times but I think it only held 9,000 people and we didn't fill it for most home league games and some CL games, even though we were one of the top 3 most reputable clubs in the world! I assume it was only because Aberystwyth is such a small town though, whereas Crusaders are located in Belfast so there should be loads of room for improvement for your attendances once the club reputation improves a bit more.

Anyway... good luck in the Champions League this year. Think you can steal 2nd place but it will probably be better to get 3rd as you'll have a better chance of winning the Europa League at the moment, which would give your reputation a great boost. Keep up the good work
    Arazar likes this.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Curtis21 View Post
    I'm a Linfield fan, you've signed some good players from them like Mulgrew and Burns during the first few seasons! Nice to see them go full time too. I do hope you get a new stadium soon, finances are in good shape and maybe add in the to do list of winning the champion's league? Just so the save continues on a little longer
    Haha, yeah the CL is definitely on the list. Also on the list is winning the World Cup and Euros as Northern Ireland manager (although I'm not the boss yet).

The Linfield guys did serve me well; Mulgrew, Billy Joe Burns and Aaron Burns especially are very good players. Linfield's wage bill is about 2 million/year now compared to most NI teams at around 300k/year or lower, so they are definitely stepping up. They also have better Youth Recruitment than us which should serve them well long term.
    Liam1967 likes this.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Good going mate!

In terms of the youth recruitment I got to 2037 with Aberystwyth on FM13 and even after 5 Champions League's and 1 Europa League title I don't think we were ever able to get our youth recruitment above average. It doesn't really matter though because it seems you are getting some of the best Northern Irish youngsters anyway and increasing it would only increase the chances that you would start bringing in foreign youngsters in your youth intake.

Also, the attendances problem was my biggest annoyance with the save! We eventually got a new stadium after winning the CL a couple of times but I think it only held 9,000 people and we didn't fill it for most home league games and some CL games, even though we were one of the top 3 most reputable clubs in the world! I assume it was only because Aberystwyth is such a small town though, whereas Crusaders are located in Belfast so there should be loads of room for improvement for your attendances once the club reputation improves a bit more.

Anyway... good luck in the Champions League this year. Think you can steal 2nd place but it will probably be better to get 3rd as you'll have a better chance of winning the Europa League at the moment, which would give your reputation a great boost. Keep up the good work
    I can sense a similar fate re: attendance for Crusaders, I just hope you're right about the bigger town being a factor.

You're right, I'd probably take 3rd over 2nd in our group. This might be our last year with Rooney, McGeady, Milner and Brittain before they drop off completely, so a potential Europa League run like when we got to the QF 2 seasons ago is a much more attractive prospect than being dumped out of the CL at the first KO hurdle!
    Liam1967 likes this.

13. This is a great story and thoroughly enjoyed the read keep up the good work buddy
    Arazar likes this.

14. Crazay's Avatar Crazay
    Reserve
    Is this still going? I was really really enjoying this story

15. Quote Originally Posted by Crazay View Post
    Is this still going? I was really really enjoying this story
    Fear not, Crusaders have not died, I simply have exams next month and am preparing for them at the moment. It WILL be back and I WILL be getting into the 2030's! In the meantime I suggest reading Kerguelens' Icelandic story, he's got a great save which is quite similar in many ways! I'll be back...
    Kerguelen likes this.

16. Wow, looking back, probably my most proud FM save. To get so deep into a game and overcome so many obstacles is an achievement I may not match ever! I will try, but if I can't ever get the same enjoyment from FM15, I may bring this series back and there is unfinished business long term!

17. Quote Originally Posted by Arazar View Post
    Wow, looking back, probably my most proud FM save. To get so deep into a game and overcome so many obstacles is an achievement I may not match ever! I will try, but if I can't ever get the same enjoyment from FM15, I may bring this series back and there is unfinished business long term!
    I hope you do this save again on FM15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO