Like Tree165Likes

Saving the Scottish Game
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

1. Saving the Scottish Game

Scottish Savior

For a small country in Britain Scottish Football through the years has had its success storys in Europe.

Celtic
    European Cup - Winners 1967
    - Runner ups 1970

Uefa Cup - Runner Ups 2003

Aberdeen
    Cup Winners Cup - Winners 1983

Rangers
    Europa League Runner Ups - 2008

Cup Winners Cup - Winners 1972
    - Runner Ups 1961,1967,

Dundee Utd
    Uefa Cup - Runner Up's - 1987

Saving the Scottish Game-sucess-1.jpgSaving the Scottish Game-sucess-2.jpgSaving the Scottish Game-sucess-3.jpg

However the current state of our national game is a utter mess and i for one am sick of it and if nobody else is going to fix it then damn it I WILL.

So here's what im going to do!

Im going to have a jouneyman game of sorts. Im only limiting myself to playing as SPL sides where i will them up to hopefully build them up club at a time into teams that can fight for major European honers and in the extreme long run make the SPL one of the best leagues in the world and build Scotland into one of the best national teams in the world.

Saving the Scottish Game-failure-1.jpgSaving the Scottish Game-failure-2.jpeg

I've decided to give myself an easy Start

Celtic

Really fancied kicking off with Aberdeen but Celtic is my 2nd favorite SPL team with who i had my favorite save in Champ Manager 01/02. Celtic are the best team as it stands so they should take far less time to move them up a level or two.

Current Side
    Name:  1st team.png
Views: 9179
Size:  640.1 KB

Far and away the best team in Scotland. My aim was to boost the talent in the 1st team by clearing out some of the mediocre players that are there then build around the 4 or 5 decent players with a combination of International quality players and the best U19's i can get a hold of. I will only poach from Selected Scottish teams and will avoid Aberdeen, Dundee Utd & Motherwell completely as they would be the next bunch of teams i'd probably look to manage.

What we must improve!

Continental standings
    The SPL is 15th. Bellow Belgium & The German 2nd division!

National Coefficients
    Name:  coefficients.png
Views: 9170
Size:  278.8 KB

This is even worse. Scotland rank WAY down in 24th but our scores over recent years have been pitiful.

Coefficients Qualification places
    Name:  qualification places.png
Views: 8936
Size:  254.4 KB

History

Season Team League Scottish Cup Sco League Cup Europe SPL League Rank SCO Coefficients place SCO Coefficients Points
    2013/14 Celtic 1st Q/F Winner CL - R16 23th 21th 19,316
    2014/15 Celtic 1st Winner Winner Europa Group 27th 20th 20,275
    2015/16 Celtic 1st Winner Winner Europa S/F 22th 15th 25,175
    2016/17 Dundee Utd 4th Q/F 3rd Round Europa Qualifier 16th 12th 31.424
    2017/18 Dundee Utd 2nd Runner Up Q/F Europa Group 3rd 13th 12th 28,125
    2018/19 Dundee Utd 2nd Winner Q/F Champions League Group 4th 13th 12th 30,800
    2019/20 Dundee Utd 1st Winner Winner Europa League 13th 12th 35,300
    2020/21 Dundee Utd 1st Winner S/F Europa League Last 16 13th 12th 31,400
    2021/22 Dundee Utd 2nd Winner Winner Europa League Runner Up 13th 12th 32,400
    2022/23 Dundee Utd 1st Semi Final Runner Up Europa League Runner Up 14th 11th 37,400
    2023/24 Dundee Utd 1st Winner Semi Final Champion League Last 16 11th 11th 39,100
    2024/25 Dundee Utd 1st Winner Winner Champions League Q/F 10th 9th 42,800
    2025/26 Aberdeen 3rd Runner Up Semi Final N/A 8th 8th 49,200
    2026/27 Aberdeen 3rd Semi Finals 3rd Round Europa League Group 8th 8th 46,900
    2027/28 Rangers 3rd Semi Finals Semi Finals Europa League Last 16 8th 7th 51,248
    2028/29 Rangers 2nd Winner Winner Europa League Q/F 7th 7th 58,430
    2029/30 Rangers 2nd Runner Up Semi Final Champions League Q/F 5th 7th 63.381
    2030/31 Rangers 2nd Winner Winner Champions League Last 16 3rd 7th 68,551
    2031/32 Aberdeen 4th Quarter Final 3rd Round Europa League Last 32 3rd 5th 73,524
    2032/33 Aberdeen 4th Quarter Final Semi Finals Europa League Semi Finals 3rd 5th 71,690
    2033/34 Aberdeen 3rd 5th Round Semi Finals Champions League Last 16 3rd 3rd 69,024
    2034/35 Aberdeen 1st Semi Finals Semi Finals Champions League Last 16 3rd 3rd 69,500
    2035/36 Aberdeen 3rd Quarter Finals Winner Champions League Semi Final 4th 4th 69,714
    2036/37 Aberdeen 1st Winner Quarter Finals Champions League Last 16 3rd 3rd 69,714
    2037/38 Aberdeen 1st Quarter Finals Runner Up Champions League Runner Ups 3rd 3rd 72,292
    2038/39 Aberdeen 1st Winner Semi Finals Champions League Winners 3rd 3rd 73.798
    2039/40 Aberdeen 2nd 5th Round Winner Champions League Q/F 3rd 3rd 74,083
    2040/41 Aberdeen

Major Trophy's and events

Celtic - Europa League Winners - 2016/17, 2022/23
    Celtic - Super Cup Runner Ups - 2017, 2023

Dundee Utd - Champions League 2025/26, 2029/30
    Dundee Utd - Europa League Runner Ups - 2021/22, 2022/2023
    Dundee Utd - Super Cup Winner - 2030
    Dundee Utd - Super Cup Runner Ups - 2026

Aberdeen - Champions League Winners 2038/39
    Aberdeen - Champions League Runner Ups 2037/38

St Mirren - Europa League Runner Ups - 2028/29

Celtic
    June 2013 - Nov 2016
    SPL - 3
    Scottish League Cup - 3
    Scottish Cup - 2
    Manager Or The Year - 3

Dundee Utd
    Dec 2016-June 2025
    SPL - 5
    Scottish League Cup 3
    Scottish Cup - 6
    Manager Or The Year - 6

Aberdeen
    June 2025 - June2027

Rangers
    June 2027 - June 2031
    SPL -
    Scottish League Cup - 2
    Scottish Cup - 2
    Manager Or The Year - 2

Celtic
    June 2031-December 2031

Aberdeen
    December 2031 -
    SPL - 4
    Scottish League Cup - 2
    Scottish Cup - 2
    Manager Or The Year - 4
    Champions League - 1

Total

SPL - 12
    Scottish League Cup 19
    Scottish Cup - 12
    Champions League - 1
    Manager Or The Year - 15

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Saving the Scottish Game-key-player-1.png   Saving the Scottish Game-key-player-2.png   Saving the Scottish Game-key-player-3.png  

Saving the Scottish Game-ohara.png   Saving the Scottish Game-holt.png  
    Last edited by stonecold; 23/02/2018 at 11:25 PM.

2. Good Luck mate. Interesting idea and one that I'm sure will attract lots of interest.
    BILLYBHOY likes this.

3. Excellent, look forward to reading this. I reckon you'll do incredible in the CL the first season round.
    stonecold likes this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnoughOfJelavic View Post
    Excellent, look forward to reading this. I reckon you'll do incredible in the CL the first season round.
    I reckon the is 0.0001% Chance of that! this team is pants atm

5. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    I reckon the is 0.0001% Chance of that! this team is pants atm
    True.
    Maybe you should have started with Rangers?

6. Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnoughOfJelavic View Post
    True.
    That would be disgusting. I Will do my best to avoid being them at any point!

7. Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnoughOfJelavic View Post
    True.
    They always make their way back to the top regardless, I've seen them win the (top) league within 3 seasons! Celtic is a good team for giving the coefficients a boost early on! I think in 5 seasons when you've hopefully done some damage in Europe you should look at doing Rangers (if their useless in Europe) or Aberdeen/Dundee United!
    stonecold likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Arazar View Post
    They always make their way back to the top regardless, I've seen them win the (top) league within 3 seasons! Celtic is a good team for giving the coefficients a boost early on! I think in 5 seasons when you've hopefully done some damage in Europe you should look at doing Rangers (if their useless in Europe) or Aberdeen/Dundee United!
    Sounds like a good plan Arazar! Except the Rangers stuff haha

9. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Sounds like a good plan Arazar! Except the Rangers stuff haha
    It will be good to see how you get on, it reminds me alot of my Crusaders story where I'm constantly checking the European Coefficients/rankings! Hopefully you can get 3/4 Champions League spots for the Scottish league one day!
    stonecold likes this.

10. You should sign Vincent from inverness

11. Quote Originally Posted by Arazar View Post
    It will be good to see how you get on, it reminds me alot of my Crusaders story where I'm constantly checking the European Coefficients/rankings! Hopefully you can get 3/4 Champions League spots for the Scottish league one day!
    Yeah im sure you'll be in the CL groups soon. The team is slowly building up huh. Good work!

12. August

A huge win at Pittodrie ends our 4 match winless start to the season.
    Following which we would win 5 games on the trot as i abandon the CM01/02 tactic for my old fashioned wingers. Where is James Forrest when you need him!
    St Mirren are the surprise leaders while Inverness struggle without Billy McKay

Fixtures
    Name:  fixtures.png
Views: 2568
Size:  457.6 KB

SPL
    Name:  League.png
Views: 2560
Size:  518.9 KB

Champions League

2nd Round
    Celtic 8-6 Daugava
    Name:  CL 1.png
Views: 2558
Size:  457.1 KB

Defense wasnt fit yet. A 4-4 draw from the 1st leg showed how much work we still have to do. 4 goals for us in both legs

3rd Round
    Celtic 3-3 M Tel-Aviv
    Name:  CL 2.png
Views: 2537
Size:  447.6 KB

Far from inspring. Spent most of the tie behind too so to sneak through on away goals to reach the play-off.

Play Off's
    Celtic 4-0 FK Austria Wien
    Name:  CL 3.png
Views: 2526
Size:  449.5 KB

We finally sorted our tactical issue's out to take control of the tie in the 1st leg then waltzed to the Group Phase. Match fitness and getting used to my tactics i hope!

Group Draw

Group B
    Saving the Scottish Game-cl-draw.png
    Arsenal & Juventus should be far and away better than us which leaves Galatasaray as the team we'll be fighting with to get 3rd place and Europa League Football.

Transfers
    One in one out

Will Hughes - ?9.5m (Transfer Record)
    Name:  will huhges.png
Views: 2495
Size:  398.2 KB

Sadly i spent hours and hours trying to buy any English Premiership quality or young players that i could but NOBODY would come to us. In the end i spent our whole budget on one superstar youngster who i assume will come good in years to come based on what i've seen from other storys. Probably overpaid but will more than get my money back over time.

I also managed to get rid of Anthony Stokes to Watford. ?235k now is better than nothing next summer.

13. Wayne Routledge (sp?) was an absolute beast on my Celtic save.. Anyway, Will follow, Good luck. Love Scottish stories.

14. You haven't overpaid for Will Hughes I can assure you of that, only problem is will his price go up because hes playing in the SPL ? I have seen him be sold for like 30m + in the EPL in a couple of seasons and he will definately bag you plenty of goals, Would say he will be your key player in AMC easily.
    stonecold likes this.

15. We always like the old Scottish stories, will be following, good luck!

16. September

Despite a pretty good month we dont get past St Mirren who have more points and more goals than we do.
    We make a great start in the Champions League winning our must win match at home to Galatasaray
    Forfar are no contest to my back up team who ease into the Quarter Finals.

Fixtures
    Name:  fix.png
Views: 2451
Size:  442.2 KB

SPL
    Name:  table.png
Views: 2442
Size:  521.0 KB

St Mirren's brilliant start goes on

Europe
    Name:  Euro.png
Views: 2447
Size:  504.9 KB

17. Surprised you didn't ransack Hibs for the likes of Stanton, Forster & Handling.

18. Quote Originally Posted by DAVE1875 View Post
    Surprised you didn't ransack Hibs for the likes of Stanton, Forster & Handling.
    Dont want to weaken any of the sides that could challenge for a European spot in the next few seasons, Plus i may need to managed them at some day soon

19. October

A Crazy Crazy night at the Emirates saw us take top spot in the Champions League group
    Three wins in the League two big wins see us go top.
    Thrashing of Dundee Utd at Tannadice takes us to the League cup Semi Finals

Fixtures
Views: 2385
Size:  509.3 KB

SPL
    Name:  league.png
Views: 2366
Size:  407.0 KB

St Mirren loose for the 1st time and we took the chance to go top. gaps to 3rd & 4th after that as the Edinburgh sides prop up the table.

Europe

Juventus 2-1 Celtic
    Name:  Juvi Match.png
Views: 2378
Size:  447.6 KB

A typical Celtic tie where we were totally dominated on the park but almost dragged a result out of it. Will Hughes gave us a shock lead but goals other side of half time from Llorente gave Juve the win they expected and deserved.

Arsenal 0-3 Celtic
    Name:  Arsenal match.png
Views: 2365
Size:  445.7 KB

Now this i am struggling for words to explain what happened here. My simple explination is Arsenal's defense was awful. Unlike the Juve tie we were always in this match. We i mean Leigh Griffiths. Not good enough for League 1 Wolves scored all 3 goals to sink the mighty Gunners and turn the group on its head.

Group
    Name:  Group.png
Views: 2349
Size:  504.1 KB

1212 likes this.

20. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    stonecold likes this.

21. Quote Originally Posted by KLIPPYBO View Post
    mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Those sheep are on fire!
    BatesyWhoa likes this.

22. How the hell did you manage to beat arsenal 3-0 at their own backyard?

23. Quote Originally Posted by Amanado View Post
    How the hell did you manage to beat arsenal 3-0 at their own backyard?
    Possession wise we werent too far apart and we took all of our 3 clear cut chances while Arsenal missed all 10 of theres
    Amanado likes this.

24. November

Results at home and away go to pot with a leaky defense loosing points to Ross county & Dundee Utd at home then throwing away a lead in Turkey putting our European future in MAJOR jeopardy
    Home victory to near rivals Aberdeen saves us from a total disaster at home
    Falkirk dispatched with ease in the Scottish Cup
    Hibs sack Terry Butcher

Fixtures
    Name:  Fix.png
Views: 1886
Size:  444.3 KB

SPL
    Name:  League.png
Views: 1889
Size:  408.5 KB

Back to back draws for us lets St Mirren back top as they go through a takeover. Aberdeen in 3rd are already 11 points off top spot.

Europe

Celtic 1-2 Arsenal
    Name:  cl match 4.png
Views: 1862
Size:  451.2 KB

Sweet revenge for the Gunners who put on a much better display this time round. Galatasaray also won throwing the group totally wide open.

Galatasaray 3-1 Celtic
    Name:  cl match 5.png
Views: 1848
Size:  452.0 KB

Being on the wrong end of a upset in Europe is sick. We couldnt afford to loose to the Turks in either game as it would probably mean we'll finish behind them and now it looks like we might which will mean no Europe after Christmas.

Group
    Name:  CL The group.png
Views: 1870
Size:  506.9 KB

Ideal situation is Arsenal beat Galatasaray and we beat Juve however i'll take anything that will see us in Europe after Christmas

Safc-mad-scotty and Amanado like this.

25. Unlucky in the Champions League mate, you have got a very difficult group. On my Sunderland story Galatasaray won the Champions League in the first season and were runners up in the second season, so to have them as the 3rd seeds in the group in really unlucky!

Really like the idea of the story though, love managing in Scotland on the game so I might give the save a go at some point or on a later version of FM. Would be great if you could get it to a point where the SPL had over half of their teams in Europe

26. Will keep an eye on this, looking good so far, I reckon you could easily get into the next round of the Champions League if you set your tactics up right.

27. Have a look at the Croatian league for decent players on my Dinamo save Celtic have bout 9 players from the croatian leagues in 3 seasons. KIU
    stonecold likes this.

28. December

The festive season was full of gifts for the Parkhead faithful. Top of the table, a win against Juventus and last 16 in the Champions League
    St Mirren were 1 game away from leading the League into new year till they lost to bottom side Hearts
    Only Hearts keep us under 4 goals a game in the SPL

Fixtures
Views: 1824
Size:  497.7 KB

SPL
Views: 1958
Size:  409.1 KB

St Mirren already seem set for a top 2 finish as they are 20 points clear of those expected to battle for 2nd Aberdeen & Dundee Utd. Hearts finally hit positive points and will have to chase down there nearest rivals Hibs now managed by former Hearts boss Craig Levein

Europe

Celtic 2-1 Juventus
    Name:  CL match 6.png
Views: 1793
Size:  452.8 KB

Ask and you shall receive they say and we got exactly what we wanted! Lee Griffiths scored the opener right on half time from a controversial penalty decision. Juventus equalized through Newcastle outcast Davide Santon. We were still heading through as Arsenal were comfortably ahead of Galatasaray our Champions League super man Griffiths popped up again to score the most another massive Champions League goal and cause the mother of upsets and secure or last 16 place.

Final Group B table
    Name:  Final table.png
Views: 1799
Size:  496.8 KB

Last 16 Draw
    Name:  last 16.png
Views: 1791
Size:  651.7 KB

Suddenly the Europa League doesnt look so bad!

Barca and Celtic are just drawn to each other in this competition it seems. Barca lead the way over in Spain as usual and share the same amount of points as us (36) at the time or righting. Big question is will we see Celtic 2012 where they could have beat Barca in both games or Celtic 2013 where they flopped during both games.

Amanado likes this.

29. Quote Originally Posted by AlexYNWA View Post
    Will keep an eye on this, looking good so far, I reckon you could easily get into the next round of the Champions League if you set your tactics up right.
    Well done for keeping the faith!
    AlexYNWA likes this.

30. Celtic vs Barca 3 years in a row, Well done on getting through that difficult group mate!

31. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post

December

SPL
    Attachment 525735

St Mirren already seem set for a top 2 finish as they are 20 points clear of those expected to battle for 2nd Aberdeen & Dundee Utd. Hearts finally hit positive points and will have to chase down there nearest rivals Hibs now managed by former Hearts boss Craig Levein

.... Can you take over Hibs now.... please?
    Last edited by DAVE1875; 12/03/2014 at 12:03 AM.
    stonecold likes this.

32. Quote Originally Posted by DAVE1875 View Post
    .... Can you take over Hibs now.... please?
    Haha nah! We'll see but Hibs are not high on my priority list as they are pants haha

33. January

A Full month of SPL action
    Top of the table clash at St Mirren park keeps the fight at the top alive

Fixtures
    Name:  Fix.png
Views: 1889
Size:  556.4 KB

SPL
Views: 1927
Size:  413.5 KB

We finally get a bit of air between us and St Mirren but they do have a game in hand. Dundee Utd edge away from the Dons and Hearts make no progress in Hibs

Transfer Window

SPL
    Name:  All SCO Transfers.png
Views: 1913
Size:  339.1 KB

Outside of Celtic two sides loose there stand out players to the English Premiership with St Johnstone selling Stevie May to Stoke & Dundee Utd's Gary Makay Steven off to Cardiff

Celtic
    Sold 4 Loaned 4

In

Martin Kelly - DR
    Name:  kelly.png
Views: 1894
Size:  380.5 KB

Not sure how good Kelly could become in the future but again he has half a season to prove himself and like most players can play in the Champions League

Ricardo Kishna - MR
    Name:  kishna.png
Views: 1977
Size:  378.5 KB

Ajax youngster so he'll come good? He has 6 months to prove he's worth ?10m in the summer

Damien Duff - ML
    Name:  duff.png
Views: 1973
Size:  377.0 KB

The Irishman's best days are past him but again he was a quick fix that will do this season since nothing was coming up in January.

Nicolas Anelka - AT
    Name:  anelka.png
Views: 1912
Size:  376.0 KB

Has not set the world alight since his Chelsea days but im confident he'll do a job for us if called upon. Will be behind Griffiths and Pukki but offers some experience and depth for the Barca games

Out
    At while building a SPL club its about maximizing the profits of players at the right age and the right time.

So Adam Matthews. Probably had a few more seasons before reaching his best but a ?4.5m was too much to turn down with Kelly on the market and a bunch of regens just 3 months down the road. His Back up Mikael Lustig also left the club with a similar story of ?3m for a back up being way too good to turn down.

Kris Commons is now in his 30's i was quite happy to take ?2m for him. Amido Balde was never going to get a game so ?1m for a 3rd choice player was good enough for me

Steven Mouyokol & Darnell Fisher leave on a free

/
    AldoKemp-1, Pinadiku and Amanado like this.

34. Reckon this story has all the potential to become brilliant mate. Looking forward to this. KIU
    stonecold likes this.

35. February

Came so close to getting a win over Barcelona in the 1st leg.
    Meanwhile in the League Cup we easily saw of St Johnstone so we reached the final where we'll play Inverness CT who are enjoying a good upturn in form.
    Goals dried up domestically as our focus switched to Barcelona
    Hearts failed to make any tracks on Hibs and it looks like my prediction for there survival is down the toilet

Fixtures
Views: 1709
Size:  473.6 KB

SPL
Views: 1699
Size:  409.6 KB

St Mirren keep right on our tracks as we both stuttered through the short month. Dundee Utd should be safe in 3rd now too while Hearts look down!

Europe

Celtic 1-1 Barcelona
    Name:  CH last 16 1.png
Views: 1851
Size:  527.7 KB

I felt we put on a very proud display against Barcelona and the stats dont lie. This was not the 90% domination we saw in real life by a long way. After taking the lead which we held for most of the match for Barca's efforts on goal they probably earned a draw making the 2nd leg a far trickier affair.

Scottish Cup
    Name:  Sco cup.png
Views: 1696
Size:  460.1 KB

Need 2 games, Extra time & penalties to get past St Mirren in the Scottish Cup.

36. March

SPL looks in the bag at St Mirren go on a 4 match loosing streak
    Ross County embarrass us in the Scottish Cup
    We make up for that shambles in the League Cup

Fixtures
Views: 1686
Size:  560.0 KB

SPL
Views: 1659
Size:  426.7 KB

St Mirren have gone to pieces and thats left us 13 points clear at the top. Im going to fill the team with younger or back up players for the rest of the season.

Europe

Barcelona 0-0 Celtic
    Barca win on away goals
    Name:  barca 2d leg.png
Views: 1722
Size:  1.11 MB

This time Barcelona did knock the stuffing out of us with shots and possession. We only made 1 chance the whole game with my plan to sit back and defend for our lives then hit them on the counter to try and steal an away goal but sadly it never came to be and Barca deservedly go through. JUST!

Scottish Cup
    Quarter Finals
    Name:  Scottish Cup Qf.png
Views: 1677
Size:  511.4 KB

The treble dreams are over as the majority of the team was U19's We had to rest players for the Barca game. Was not worth it in the end. Just like real life its looking like a Aberdeen - Dundee Utd final

League Cup Final

Celtic 5-0 Inverness CT
    Name:  league cup fina.png
Views: 1673
Size:  445.9 KB

Celtic were on fire here. Comfortable as could be and to top it off Lee Griffiths hit a hattrick to secure the golden boot in a 4 way tie.

Name:  league cup overview.png
Views: 1682
Size:  330.2 KB

37. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post

January

A Full month of SPL action
    Top of the table clash at St Mirren park keeps the fight at the top alive

Fixtures
    Attachment 526568

SPL
    Attachment 526569

We finally get a bit of air between us and St Mirren but they do have a game in hand. Dundee Utd edge away from the Dons and Hearts make no progress in Hibs

Transfer Window

SPL
    Attachment 526572
    Outside of Celtic two sides loose there stand out players to the English Premiership with St Johnstone selling Stevie May to Stoke & Dundee Utd's Gary Makay Steven off to Cardiff

Celtic
    Sold 4 Loaned 4

In

Martin Kelly - DR
    Attachment 526575
    Not sure how good Kelly could become in the future but again he has half a season to prove himself and like most players can play in the Champions League

Ricardo Kishna - MR
    Attachment 526582
    Ajax youngster so he'll come good? He has 6 months to prove he's worth ?10m in the summer

Damien Duff - ML
    Attachment 526583
    The Irishman's best days are past him but again he was a quick fix that will do this season since nothing was coming up in January.

Nicolas Anelka - AT
    Attachment 526588
    Has not set the world alight since his Chelsea days but im confident he'll do a job for us if called upon. Will be behind Griffiths and Pukki but offers some experience and depth for the Barca games

Out
    At while building a SPL club its about maximizing the profits of players at the right age and the right time.

So Adam Matthews. Probably had a few more seasons before reaching his best but a ?4.5m was too much to turn down with Kelly on the market and a bunch of regens just 3 months down the road. His Back up Mikael Lustig also left the club with a similar story of ?3m for a back up being way too good to turn down.

Kris Commons is now in his 30's i was quite happy to take ?2m for him. Amido Balde was never going to get a game so ?1m for a 3rd choice player was good enough for me

Steven Mouyokol & Darnell Fisher leave on a free

/
    Mate, big mistake. Amido Balde is actually really good if you play him as a Target Man, and still good as a poacher.

38. Quote Originally Posted by FootballManagerG0D View Post
    Mate, big mistake. Amido Balde is actually really good if you play him as a Target Man, and still good as a poacher.
    I really couldnt get him to work out for me. With my 2 striker tactic formation going down the pan too left less space for him and my normal tactic requires a striker who can move around. A big lumbering striker is no good!

39. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    I really couldnt get him to work out for me. With my 2 striker tactic formation going down the pan too left less space for him and my normal tactic requires a striker who can move around. A big lumbering striker is no good!
    His Physicals improve quite rapidly, he had like 16^ for all physical stats for me when I sold him.

40. Due an update mate?

41. Quote Originally Posted by FootballManagerG0D View Post
    His Physicals improve quite rapidly, he had like 16^ for all physical stats for me when I sold him.
    Ahh so maybe a mistake there! Will keep a eye on him and see how he goes.

42. Quote Originally Posted by BatesyWhoa View Post
    Due an update mate?
    Sorry guys. Had a mental weekend. 12 hour day Friday, Had a long drive to get a car then a friends birthday Satarday, The dons Cup final Sunday COYR, and back to work Monday and a Xbox tourney last night. Not even looked at FM but will get some done today
    Amanado likes this.

43. End Of Season Run In

Title secured with a win at Dundee Utd
    We Loose our 2nd game of the season at Pittodrie but win the other 3

Fixtures
    Name:  FIx.png
Views: 1606
Size:  486.6 KB

SPL
Views: 1591
Size:  420.5 KB

Top 4 finished as they've been for a long time but Aberdeen had brilliant form during the run in. Top 6 was as expected and poor Hearts put on a monumental fightback in April but it was too late and they go down. Hibs will face either Falkirk or Dundee in the play-Off

Amanado likes this.

44. Season 1 review

End of Season Headlines
    Killie sack Allan Johnson and replaced him with Alex McLeish
    Hibs recover from a 1st leg defeat to retain there spot in the SPL

Celtic 2013/14
    Name:  Celtic team.png
Views: 1597
Size:  378.8 KB

Pre Season Targets
    SPL - Winners
    Scottish cup - Quarter Finals
    Scottish League Cup - Winners
    Europe - Last 16

Only objection i failed on was the Scottish Cup showing that i'll need a deeper squad next term.

Key Players

Fraser Forster
    Name:  Forster.png
Views: 1573
Size:  398.5 KB

Its no coincident that our dodgy start to the season ended as Forster came back from his pre season injury. Another season where his reputation grew and to top it all off he picked up his 1st cap for England as he fights for a world cup starting spot

Emilio Izaguirre
    Name:  Izaguirre.png
Views: 1595
Size:  395.3 KB

A lynchpin at the back in the league but when we go off to Europe he's not so dependable. Will have my eyes open for a young Left back to take his place

Scott Brown
    Name:  Brown.png
Views: 1777
Size:  395.0 KB

My captain lead my stacked midfield through the year but his ambition looks like it will take him away from parkhead. Planned to loose a midfielder in the summer so for the right price he'll be outta here!

Will Hughes
    Name:  hughes.png
Views: 1540
Size:  398.8 KB

A Very solid 1st season for the teenager. Certainly one of the squads better players throughout the year. He will probably lead the midfield next season.

Derk Boerrigter
    Name:  derk boerrigter.png
Views: 1578
Size:  382.1 KB

The Dutch winger started the season hardly sneaking a a seat on the bench but soon got his chance and added goals and assists and had one of our highest cub ratings this term

Leigh Griffiths
    Name:  griffiths.png
Views: 1595
Size:  401.4 KB

Griffiths was utterly inspired by his 1st season at Parkhead. averaged a goal a game in all competition falling 1 goal short of Henrik Larsson's all time single season record. His 30 league goals mostly scored to keep us in the hunt while St Mirren were worrying me. Would be hard to remove him next season.

SPL Review

St Mirren - 10/10 caused a HUGE shock by being right in the title hunt till the last 10 games thanks to Newcastle's Adam Campbell and Paul McGowan leading the front line while Marian Kello performed some magic at the back.

Dundee Utd - 7/10 The leagues most promising side saw young wingers Ryan Gauld & Nadif Ciftci contribute 32 goals just a few short of main striker Brian Graham's total. Keeping a hold of Gauld will be there main objective. He's possibly the only player from a main side i would sign to make sure he stayed in the SPL but ONLY if another side were to bid on him.

Aberdeen - 6/10 were the form side at the end of the season but didnt have enough to get into the top 3. The dons underperformed through the season and owe Adam Rooney for his goal a game ratio. Only Clangers, Mark Reynolds and Willo Flood played over 30 games showing that injurys cost them through the year.

Inverness CT - 5/10 had a awful 1st half of the season which saw them well out of the top 6. A solid 2nd half saw them safely into the top half but they need to add someone who will score 15+ goals next term after top scorer James Vincent finished with 6.

Motherwell - 4/10 Could rely on Henri Anier to bring in the goals but he also made more goals than anyone else in the Motherwell team. Keeping him will be there no1 priority and maybe clear out some of the overpaid donkeys on the bench or in the reserves.

St Johnstone - 5/10 were top of the bottom half and can only wonder what if they had kept Stevie May. A decent squad that lacked the lead striker that may have taken them to the top half.

Ross County - 5/10 The 1st side that are a LONG way form competing for a top 6 spot never mind getting into Europe ect. Kris Doolan from Partick kept County out of danger for now.

Partick Thistle - 6/10 Would just have been happy to survive with the shape there squad is in. Once again the presence of a lead striker kept there heads above water.

Kilmarnock - 3/10 Allan Johnston couldnt capitalise on SPL record scorer Kris Boyd or the quality french forward William Gros and deservedly that cost him a job. Hopefully Alex McLeish can get the best out of Boyd and take Killie back up the table.

Hibs - 2/10 A side in an awful mess. Like most teams they lost there best young players but unlike most sides they made no effort or ability to bring in suitable replacements and there performance was a joke to the extent that a destroyed Hearts team almost caught them up by the end of season. Lots of work for Craig Levein over the summer.

Hearts. - 5/10 If it wasnt for the 15 point deduction the Jambo's would have finished up in 10 which would have been a utter miracle with the state of a squad they were left with. I only hope they can sort themselves out and return the SPL next season but it may take a bit longer than that. At least they can have 4 big money matches with Rangers

Rangers - 6/10 Will get a mention since they are likley to be back in the SPL sooner rather than later. A few players have come and gone but there two stand out players Lee Wallace & Lee McCulloch both left to the English Championship.

Scottish Cup Final
    Dundee Utd 1-0 Ross County
    Name:  sco cup.png
Views: 1554
Size:  449.2 KB

The young Dundee Utd side beat our conquerors in the final.

Champions League Final
    Bayern Munich 1-1 Real Madrid
    Real win 5-4 on pens
    Name:  CL final.png
Views: 1545
Size:  462.9 KB

Defending champions are beaten by Madrid on Penaltys

Season Awards

Player of the year
    Scott Brown
    Name:  Award Player of the year.png
Views: 1581
Size:  269.8 KB

Young Player of the year

Adam Campbell - On loan from Newcastle
    Name:  award young player.png
Views: 1539
Size:  292.4 KB

Top Scorer
    Leigh Griffiths
    Name:  Award top scorer.png
Views: 1521
Size:  308.0 KB

Manager of the Year

Me
    Name:  award manager of the year.png
Views: 1488
Size:  259.8 KB

Team of the Year
    Name:  award team of the year.png
Views: 1534
Size:  629.5 KB

My Celtic side has 7 players in the team

Last edited by stonecold; 18/03/2014 at 08:01 PM.

45. I love the SPL review giving us details of other teams

46. Quote Originally Posted by Amanado View Post
    I love the SPL review giving us details of other teams
    Took bloody ages but feel its a good way of checking up on the league improving and how the teams are coming on
    Amanado likes this.

47. Did Hibs lose the play-off?

48. Quote Originally Posted by DAVE1875 View Post
    Did Hibs lose the play-off?
    Nope. They lost the 1st leg but recovered to win the 2nd leg and survive

49. Season 2 - 2014/15

Celtic 2014/15

Targets
    SPL - Winners
    Scottish cup - Winners
    Scottish League Cup - Winners
    Europe - Champions League Last 16

Transfers
    Name:  ALL Transfers.png
Views: 1457
Size:  311.8 KB

VERY Busy window so far and there is still plenty work to do.

In

11 players arrive for the 1st team squad. Pretty drastic considering where we were.

Martin Kelly - DR
    Name:  new kelly.png
Views: 1433
Size:  383.0 KB

Impressed enough on loan to secure a permanent move.

Patrick Van Aanholt - DL
    Name:  new patrick.png
Views: 1433
Size:  375.6 KB

Izaguirre's contract is running out and it was cheaper to take in Partick on lower wages and make a good profit on him in years to come

Alex Galvez - DC
    Name:  new galvez.png
Views: 1482
Size:  401.4 KB

The Spanish defender arrived to play along side Van Djik in the big games but they were only at the club together for a week.

Scott Dann - DC
    Name:  new dann.png
Views: 1476
Size:  399.6 KB

Brought in to do what Galvez was bought for. important away games and Champions League games.

Clement Chantome - MC
    Name:  new clement.png
Views: 1444
Size:  380.2 KB

Didnt need any central midfielders but for under ?2m i couldnt walk away with Scott Browns contract up at the end of the year and he's at his most marketable price so im expecting the captain to leave

Anderson - MC
    Name:  new anderson.png
Views: 1416
Size:  374.6 KB

See Chantome

Ibrahim Afellay - MR
    Name:  new afelly.png
Views: 1496
Size:  396.1 KB

Destroyed the wage structure to get Afellay in. Certainly my capture of the summer which will push Snodgrass onto the bench.

Robert Snodgrass - MR
    Name:  new snodgrass.png
Views: 1417
Size:  385.1 KB

In June Snodgrass was brought in to be a certain starter on the right wing. Will now be the back up winger.

Tom Ince - ML
    Name:  new ince.png
Views: 1410
Size:  382.6 KB

Contract was agreed in January and despite the quality following him in i expect Ince to be my starting winger.

Ibrahima Traore - ML
    Name:  new traore.png
Views: 1400
Size:  379.6 KB

Came in as back up before Afellay came available. Will struggle to get match time.

Matej Vydra - AT
    Name:  new vydra.png
Views: 1425
Size:  384.9 KB

Like Ince the Premiership player was signed up in January. Im expecting to see him put away a ridiculous amount of goals in the SPL but if not i'll get a good return for him in January and get Griff back in the striker role.

4 Youth Players come. A big search for more starts when i get rid of my players with short contracts.
    Saving the Scottish Game-youth-1.pngSaving the Scottish Game-youth-2.pngSaving the Scottish Game-youth-3.pngSaving the Scottish Game-youth-4.png

Out

Only two 1st team players leave but plenty set to follow.

Virgil Van Dijk - Leverkusen ?10m
    Name:  Van Dijk.png
Views: 1491
Size:  365.4 KB

Nir Biton - HSV ?6.5m
    Name:  Nir Biton.png
Views: 1414
Size:  370.1 KB

Several youth and loan players were let go

Expect to see stalwarts Scott Brown, Emilio Izaguirre, Kayal and Derk Boarrigter leave due to contracts expiring or a overdose of new players in there position.

Staff

Expensive staff like my assistant Mjallby and attack coach Garry Parker were allowed to leave to be replaced with Angelo Antenucci (ass) and Josep Segura (Coa)

Around the League
    The top 8 transfers featured ourselfs
    After that the main moves were Inverness, Hibs and Aberdeen loosing key midfielders to England and also Aberdeen let go of there youth team star Colin Calderwood to Spurs. Exactly the kind of move i'll try stop in the future.
    St Mirren Break ?1m and loan 4 Newcastle players including Adam Campbell and Sylvan Maveaux again to be backed up by Particks top scorer Kallum Higginbotham
    Inverness try to make amends for loosing key midfielders by taking Jamie Walker & Brad McKay from Hearts

FM's Season Preview
    Name:  SPL league preview.png
Views: 1445
Size:  462.2 KB

Despite getting a stronger team than last year FM thinks St Mirren will fall behind Dundee Utd & Aberdeen. I expect a great 3 way fight behind us. At the bottom i think Partick and Ross County without there lead strikers will battle with Hamilton for bottom spot.

Continental Standings

National Coefficients
    Name:  national coeffcients.png
Views: 1390
Size:  330.1 KB

Scotland hop skip and jump up 2 places to 2st in the National Coefficients. Another good season from Celtic will see us jump Croatia this time next year. No major change in the Qualification places.

Competition rankings
    Name:  comp ranking.png
Views: 1436
Size:  284.5 KB

SPL suffer a disaster falling 8 places to 23rd.

Current Starting 11
    Name:  2014 team.png
Views: 1435
Size:  547.4 KB

Massive changes. With only 4 players that started last season still there it will be interesting to see if the upgrade in quality has a immediate effect. Also note the depth Should have no problems fighting on 4 fronts

Safc-mad-scotty and Amanado like this.

50. Love the detail mate!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO