Like Tree3Likes

Wolverhampton Wanderers - A New Era
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Wolverhampton Wanderers - A New Era

Hi, first of all this is my first ever story. So don't expect fireworks from the beginning and I hope this is something I can have great success with, please offer me advice throughout story and please tell me whether it is good or bad. Constructive criticism would be nice instead of rudeness and I will take everything said on board and will look to improve through out, thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackett.png
Views:	1194
Size:	705.7 KB
ID:	527800

Wolverhampton Wanderers would like to conclude recent rumours and confirm the resignation of Kenny Jackett. We are sad to say that the club and Kenny Jackett have parted terms due to the recent diagnosis of Kenny's health. Although being at the club for a very short time we respect Kenny greatly and hope he has a quick recovery, we wish his family, friends and close ones all the best in the near future. We would like to conclude that we are on the look out for a replacement manager and hope to have one by the end of the week. Thank you for your continued support.
    Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 14/03/2014 at 03:23 AM.

2. BREAKING:

Wolves hire new man Charlton

New man Chris Charlton has took on the helms of Wolverhampton. It has caused mix reactions from the Wolverhampton fan base with one fan saying "this is absolutely outrageous, one second we have a quality manager like Jackett and next we are left with this clown, I refuse to attend any games this season till he has gone" whilst other fans are willing to give the unproven manager a chance "to be honest it's not ideal but he's young and most likely thriving on the chance to manage this great club, I will support Charlton but he will have to prove himself and quickly"

Chris Charlton has been speaking to the media today and claimed that this is the best day of his life. He was asked whether he felt he was the right man for this job and he responded "at any level you have to be confident in your ability, many people may not believe in me but I feel I can achieve success at this great football club and I will get the fans on my side." Further down the lines he responded to questions such as the squad's ability level, ambitions and future signings "This squad is a great squad I am very lucky to manage some players, I will be planning to hold a team meeting and then our first training session, on paper the squad is very good and I feel this squad can achieve promotion first time of asking. On signings I don't know I will have to evaluate the squad and see where we are from there like I said on paper the squad is great but I will have to evaluate our options and go on from there."

Charlton, 35, is venturing in to his first ever professional role within a football club after leaving Garforth Town's role as coach two months ago, this will be a huge test for Charlton with many expecting him to fail.

Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 14/03/2014 at 03:59 AM.

3. First Team:

Goalkeeper

Carl Ikeme, Aaron McCarey and Jonathon Flatt

Defenders

Full Backs: Sam Ricketts, Matt Doherty, Kevin Foley and Scott Golbourne
    Centre Backs: Richard Stearman, Danny Batth, Ethan Ebanks-Landell and Kortney Hause

Midfielders

Wingers: James Henry, Zeli Ismail, Bakory Sako and Michael Jacobs
    Centre Mids: Anthony Forde, James O'Hara, Kevin McDonald, David Edwards and David Davis

Forwards

Nouha Dicko, Leon Clarke, Jake Cassidy, Liam McAlinden

Preferred Starting XI and Main Formation

Name:	fm.png
Views:	798
Size:	481.1 KB
ID:	527816

Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 14/03/2014 at 04:54 AM.

4. Name:  TRANSFERS.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  12.9 KB

Chris Charlton has shown signs of his transfer policy as he dips into the loan market and free transfers as he has brought in two new players to the club.

19 year old goalkeeper Dean Santangelo was the first player to arrive at the club under new manager Chris Charlton arriving on a free transfer this is what the manager had to say "I'm delighted to bring this young lad into the footbal club he is a real prospect and will provide good back up too Chris Ikeme, he's a good shot stopper and I'm glad I can now present him to the Wolves fans"

32 year old winger James Coppinger is next to arrive on loan till the end of the season Charlton agreed that he won't be playing week in week out but claims he has brought in "valuable experience" and will provide good back up in the right midfield position.

One player has departed the club permanantly and that is 28 year old right back Kevin Foley for 145k too Yeovil. 4 other players have left on loan: Sam Whittall - Wrexham, David Molli - Ebbsfleet, Jordan Cranston - Bromley and Jamie Tanks - Staines

Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 14/03/2014 at 04:53 AM.

5. Pre-Season

Name:  pre.png
Views: 748
Size:  101.6 KB
    A good pre-season against mediocre opposition has set my team up well for the new campaign, unbeaten in all games and wasn't expecting to lose but nothing but positives to take into the next game against Preston. Promotion campaign kick starts.

Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 14/03/2014 at 05:08 AM.
    Pinadiku and EfcJoe like this.

6. How's it going so far more updates tomorrow hopefully but would like to know what you all think and advide would be nice thank you

7. Good start in the preseason mate. Will be following.

8. Decent pre season mate not to be sniffed at. Good luck with this, interested to see what you can achieve

9. Quote Originally Posted by BatesyWhoa View Post
    Decent pre season mate not to be sniffed at. Good luck with this, interested to see what you can achieve
    Happy with how pre season went nothing too challenging but strong displays throughout. I never usually pick a favourite for a league, I usually use mid table and lower teams, but it's felt different with Wolves as they just semed to have plummetted out of no where so will be ineresting to see whether I can make them rise to the top. Also keen to see if I can maintain the story since that it's my first ever one it'll take time going through the season a bit more slowly but the start was interesting for me and I've got a few storylines I could throw in there so hoping for the best.
    Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 14/03/2014 at 10:41 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by zammy67rocks2 View Post
    Good start in the preseason mate. Will be following.
    Thanks hope you enjoy.

11. Star winger out for one month!
    Name:  Sako.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  7.7 KB

Wolves wide man Bakary Sako has been sidelined for upto 4 week according to our sources, this is a big blow for Chris Charlton as he faces his first game in less than a week, it is now upto ex Derby player Michael Jacobs to fill in for Bakary Sako

12. August 2013
    Name:  August 13.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  77.0 KB

Preston (A)
    The lads were fantastic it was complete domination from start to finish, apart from the two goals they barely had a shot and we showed our attacking options with 4 different scorers, I told them at the end of the game if we play like that all season we will be out of this league in no time

Carlisle (COC) (H)
    Close to embarrassment but sub Jamie O'Hara cause problems in the advanced playmaker role and dribbled to the byline and swung in a dangerous cross causing an own goal from the Carlisle player, O'Hara has a point to prove after recently being placed on the transfer list, rummours are that he is currently on 35k per week. The highest wage in the division

Gillingham (H)
    An 88th minute goal cancelled out Nouha Dicko's late first half goal as it ended in a dissapointing 1-1 draw

Bristol City (A)
    Back on to winning ways and in style. Leon Clarke didn't give defenders a moments piece and bagged two goals, winger James Henry has already proved what a player he is with two assists and a goal

Crawley (H)
    Another 4-1 victory! The lads are scoring for fun James Henry again not giving defenders a moments piece and also scored a fantastic free kick, if this man is on form game in game out that is a major boost!

Brighton (COC) (A)
    A mini shock as league 1 leaders run away with a victory it would've looked a lot more comfortable if it wasn't for a late goal by Ulloa

Port Vale (A)

The scoreline flattered in many ways we weren't at our best but winning when playing poor is signs of a good team

Manager Of The Month

Chris Charlton
    4 victories and 1 draw was enough to secure manager of the month for the Wolves manager this is what he had to say "it's nice to be recognised and I hope I'm proving the doubters wrong and hope our form will continue

Player of the month

Name:	Henry.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	527942
    James Henry

His ability to guide past players with ease was great to watch, it was hard to pick out of Nouha Dicko and Leon Clarke and Henry but his 4 assists and 3 goals can't go unnoticed without him the two strikers wouldn't of had the chances to score

Note: League table will be available for September game had already started before I thought of making a story.

13. SEPTEMBER 2013
    Name:  seP 13.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  64.4 KB

Tranmere (A)
    A commprehensive win saw Wolves breeze past tranmere into he 2nd round where we will be facing Crewe, Charlton says "it was a great win and now we ook forward to playing Crewe who I admire greatly with their ability to bring up fantastic prospects each year"

Swindon (H)
    A comfortable victory for Wolves and both striers get on the score sheet.

Walsall (H)
    A big win, our leaky defense is still conceding but unbeaten since the start of the season.

Shrewsbury (A)
    Shrewsbury halt our charge for promotion hopefully just a blip as they prepare to face Liverpool, Charlton discusses the tie "it's a fantastic opportunity to test ourselves against one of th most famous teams in football"

Liverpool (COC) (H)
    An expected defeat, but dissapointed in the lack of determination the lads shown today

Sheff Utd (H)
    A woeful defeat, furious with the players to throw away a one goal lead, but onto the next game

Player Of The Month

Name:  Dicko.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  5.7 KB

4 goals in a mixed month, encuraged me to give him the award but could've scored more if was more composed

League Table

Name:  table sep 13.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  90.6 KB

Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 14/03/2014 at 12:56 PM.

14. Ikeme misses October
    Name:  Ikeme.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  8.4 KB
    Wolves shot stopper Carl Ikeme is set to miss a months worth of injury after falling badly on his arm, McCarey looks set to replace Ikeme in the short term whilst Charlton will be anxious on Ikeme's return

15. OCTOBER 2013
    Name:  OCT 13.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  133.9 KB
    Colchester (A)
    Commentator 1: ...And it's full time here at Colchester, and it is not a happy place for a small section of the stands. Wolves fans are furious. They are chanting "Charlton out" repeatedly.

Commentator 2: I'm struggling to understand this yes it's been a poor period for Wolves but we had a strong start to the season and this is unfair on Charlton. Fans have a right to be dissapointed but Charlton is doing fairly well for his first job in charge and he has my support.

Commentator 1: We'll be having live phone ins back in the studio for your view on today's performance but from us it's over now as Wolves were condemned to a 2-0 defeat by Colchester, goodbye.

Wolves Fan Favourite Supports Charlton
    Name:  McCarthey.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  6.5 KB

Ex Wolves manager Mick McCarthy has leapt to defend underfire manager Chris Charlton.
    "All this speculation on Charlton is massively unfair he has done a fantastic job so far, people are forgetting he is new to professional football or maybe that is the reason he is getting all this criticism. It is early in the season and they are at the right end of the table, they're not bottom or midtable they are fighting for promotion and I don't understand why Wolves fans are so disgruntled"

An unnamed Wolves fan has recently began a petition to get the owners attention to bring back Mick McCarthy to the Molineux, McCarthy replied "it is disrespectful and I don't appreciate it, Wolves will always hold a special place in my heart but it's the past they need to support Charlton, I've spoke with him a couple of times and he is a good manager and he is doing a good job"

Crewe (JPT) (A)
    We silent the critics with a good solid win and it was an early and a late goal which bagged us a 2-0 win, we progress to the next round now against League 1 strugglers Bradford

Coventry (H)
    A solid win against a side which is creeping up the table, Dicko is on top form this season and he looks like he's on his way to be one of the divisions top scorers.

Oldham (H)
    The scoreline flatters us in this game, we was second best throughout and if it wasn't for our keeper Oldham would've been out of sight but good counter attacking won us the match and our promotion bid is back on track

Bradford (A)
    A poor performance adds to a poor defeat not much to say here

Carlisle (A)
    Wolves come back fighting after another set back but goals from O'Hara and Henry secures victory for Wolves

Player Of the Month
    Name:  Davis.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  7.7 KB

David Davis
    Tough Tackler DAvid Davis gets this reward after consistent displays in midfield saw us control a lot of the ball and Davis managed to break up a lot of play and create attacks

League Table
    Name:  League OCT 13.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  119.9 KB

Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 14/03/2014 at 05:06 PM.

16. I wouldn't mind feedback throughout the story if anyone is reading it is nice to know if people follow as it will give me motivation to continue and to people who have read it I hope you like it

17. Yea, looks good. Too easy to get promoted with Wolves. I'm following closely when the Wolves are in the Championship

18. Thanks, yeah promotion should be easy but I'm the king of messing up, would be ashamed if I don't achieve it

19. You're not doing as badly as you think, I did one with Bristol City (who I suppose are at a similar level to Wolves in League 1) and, despite a dodgy start, I got some momentum together to go into the Championship and straight into the Premier League.

Keep it up

20. Quote Originally Posted by LeedsUnitedAndProud View Post
    Happy with how pre season went nothing too challenging but strong displays throughout. I never usually pick a favourite for a league, I usually use mid table and lower teams, but it's felt different with Wolves as they just semed to have plummetted out of no where so will be ineresting to see whether I can make them rise to the top. Also keen to see if I can maintain the story since that it's my first ever one it'll take time going through the season a bit more slowly but the start was interesting for me and I've got a few storylines I could throw in there so hoping for the best.
    well like I say mate I'll be keeping up with this. Decent start to your season too. Maybe 1 too many defeats early on but once the players get used to each other and the system all be fine. Be sure not to let Danny Baath go anywhere, absolute beast and future international star!
    I always do a save with a fallen giant, have to say last few games I've chosen Swindon.

21. Quote Originally Posted by AlexYNWA View Post
    You're not doing as badly as you think, I did one with Bristol City (who I suppose are at a similar level to Wolves in League 1) and, despite a dodgy start, I got some momentum together to go into the Championship and straight into the Premier League.

Keep it up
    Thanks, I don't think so myself but it could create a good mini storyline

22. Quote Originally Posted by BatesyWhoa View Post
    well like I say mate I'll be keeping up with this. Decent start to your season too. Maybe 1 too many defeats early on but once the players get used to each other and the system all be fine. Be sure not to let Danny Baath go anywhere, absolute beast and future international star!
    I always do a save with a fallen giant, have to say last few games I've chosen Swindon.
    Yeah disappointed to lose so many games early on, could've got draws out of one or two and no not a chance, he's been the star out of a poor defence

23. November 2013
    Name:  Nov 13.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  140.7 KB

Stevenage (H)
    A game we should have won against relegation threatened Stevenage, but both teams lacked any quality which left Charlton to say "we need to be killing teams like Stevenage off if we want a chance of promotion, we are a good side but sometimes I don't know what is wrong with the boys.

Macclesfield (FA) (H)
    A good solid win which I am happy with, although expected a bit more money coming into the club, hot prospect Jacobs played fantastic.

Bradford (JPT) (A)
    Should have killed the game off when they went down to ten men in the 50th minute but we progressed through penalties and we meet Fleetwood Town in the semi final.

Brentford (H)
    A solid win against league leaders and the leagues top scorer Dicko can not stop scoring

Tranmere (H)
    Again we fail to score against a team in the bottom 4

Peterborough (A)
    Underachieving boro showed exactly why they are in mid table with a miserable performance, Charlton was delighted as Wolves killed Peterborough's momentum so early on.

Player Of The Month
Views: 430
    4 goals this month for young man Dicko, it's not just his goals which is part of his game it is also his direct running causing defences problems. After the Peterborough game DIcko said "I'm happy we're back on track Charlton has set us up well and I'm happy to be on the score sheet again, this has been a good season personally and I look to carry on my form to help Wolves get out of this league"
    League 1's hot shot is in fine form this season scoring 17 goals in 21 games in all competititons

League Table
    Name:  Nov 13 table.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  102.2 KB

24. Wolverhampton's News Round Up

SIGNING!

Chris Charlton has brought in his 3rd player and 2nd goalkeeper since taking over as manager. 24 year old Jamie Jones has arrived on a 3 month loan deal from Leyton Orient. The two clubs have agreed a future fee of 60k. We asked Charlton for his view of the deal and he seemed very positive about it although the deal was also precautionary "He's a good keeper, we have had his eye on him since Ikeme got injured and Carl is struggling to get back to full fitness so we have brought Jamie in"
    Jones also warned fellow keepers he isn't here to sit around "I'm here to play football and prove myself at a big club, I'm not here to warm the bench, I am looking forward to friendly competition for the number 1 spot"
    Charlton blasts JPT

It's a couple of days before the JPT Northern Semi Final and Chris Charlton see's very little point in the competition "it's a waste of time really, yeah it's nice to progress but who will remember this cup run by the end of the season, definitely not me, it's a waste of time and at a crucial time of the season an extra game is not needed, I as well as many other managers won't be sad to see the competition scrapped"

In other news James Henry will not be available for the game after coming off injured in the Notts County game, he is expected to be out for two months. Liam McAlinden joins Henry on the physio table for two months after falling down the stairs in his own home.

Note: not sure what you guys think of this, I don't mind the addition of News Round Up and some pre match news but what is your opinion and yes I'm aware the Notts game hasn't been revealed yet but do you like the idea of this? It's nothing massive but for some matches I will involve this pre match news thing which will include a mini interview and information about injuries, suspensions etc (no results will ever be revealed if the monthly update is yet to be released)

25. Anyone heard of Jamie Jones IRL? I haven't but if you have what is your opinion of him and yes it's league 1 signings aren't gonna be interesting but if you would lke to give your own view on each signing I make and I will create an update where I use your views as "Fans Views" if you like the idea I will also make some up

What you guys think?

26. Hopefully December update up tonight
    Big news from the board
    And January transfer window round the corner

27. DECEMBER 2013

BREAKING

Name:  Dicko contract.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  193.3 KB

Wolves inform striker Nouha Dicko has been rewarded a 5 year contract for his fine goal scoring form for Wolverhampton this season. Nouha Dicko has claimed he is delighted to be part of the set up for an additional five years and believes Wolves are well on their way for bigger and better things, Charlton is also delighted as he joyfully said ?Nouha is going to be here for a special time at the club, Wolves are going places and Nouha will definitely contribute to that, he is by far the best striker in the division and I believe he would be the best in the Championship?
    Name:  Dec 13.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  167.5 KB

Notts County

Morale is high for young striker Nouha Dicko as he continues his goal scoring form after signing a 5 year contract with two well executed goals.

Wycombe (FA)

Demolishing. That?s one way you can explain Wolves after this game, Wycombe didn?t know what hit them, especially after going up 1-0 early on, Cassidy stole the headlines from Dicko this time but this strike partnership is really starting to grow.

Fleetwood JPT

A fine 2-0 win takes us to the next round and it?s a brace by Leon Clarke which takes us to the Northern final where we will face Preston who have recently sacked their manager Simon Grayson, Charlton had to say ?I?m disappointed with the sacking of Simon, he is a very good manager and I have learnt a thing or two from him whilst watching him at my hometown Leeds. It won?t be long till he?s back in the game and this time I would say it?s Preston?s loss and the other team?s gain.? Ex Leeds gaffer Gary McAllister has taken over as new Preston boss and was unable to comment on recent remarks made by Wolves boss Chris Charlton.

MK Dons

A comfortable 3-0 win over 11th place MK Dons and it?s Dicko and Cassidy again who inspire Wolves to victory extending the point tally between 1st and 2nd place.

Rotherham

A nervy game but Dicko settled it with a fine finish in the 60th minute and Wigan must be scratching their heads why they let this man go for so cheap.

Crewe

A team Charlton really favours in football with the way they bring up talent were comfortably beaten as Wolves strolled past them as Dicko and Jacobs share the goals between them in a 2-0 victory.

Leyton Orient

Name:	2014-03-15_00007.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	529322

ARGH. An entertaining game but disappointing result stopped the chance from running away from 2nd place 4th place Orient came fighting and they produced a very good display. Charlton said ?a hard earned draw but disappointing we couldn?t take all 3 points but we will take the 1 and move onto the next game?

Player Of the month
Views: 401

Nouha Dicko

Surprise surprise as Dicko claims the reward again 8 goals in 6 games was enough to clinch it for the 21 year old he is in red hot form, he was also named Legue 1's POTM

League Table
    Name:  Dec 13 table.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  88.4 KB

Sorry table messed up this month

Chris Charlton claims manager of the month
    An impressive month for the wolves boss as they finished December as they entered undefeated.

Sorry for the messy layout this month it will be sorted this month, I'll be planning to change the result lay out to how the Orient one is but I'll crop it so it shows just the result scorers and stats, thanks.
    Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 16/03/2014 at 12:28 AM.

28. Please can people let me know whether the enjoy this don't wanna feel this is a waste of time thanks

29. Wolverhampton's Latest

Name:  Wolves.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  8.1 KB

Great news has come out today for the club, after the recent upturn in financial matters, the club has awarded Charlton with 14 million pound, it is believed that Charlton was shocked that there is that much money available at the club and inside sources suggest that Charlton hopes the Wolves board aren't throwing the club into a dangerous financial situation.
    Name:  Funds.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  95.1 KB

Moxey said "we are pleased to announce after a successful financial year we are pleased to announce we can provide Chris with a large budget for the remainder of the season, he has identified the players he wants to bring into the club and we believe all players can contribute and improve our current squad. We will trust Chris to use the money on whatever player he wants as we believe he has the clubs stability at heart and won'do anything to jeopardise our financial status and won't do anything to ruin the bond within the squad, he is a smart guy and the fans are finally recognising this and his abilities"

30. Very much enjoying this mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31. Thanks mate, was worrying it wasn't enjoyable just working through January now hoping I can get one more update but looking unlikely

32. Name:  TRANSFERS.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  12.9 KB
    THREE Winter signings made by Wolves as wee see Chris Charlton splash the cash for the very first time.

Jacob Mellis is the first player to join Wolves this winter as the club spend 625k to bring him into the club, he leaves Barnsley in the best way possible as he scored lovely chip on his final ever game for Barnsley

Ash Taylor is next to join as Wolves are extremely short in the CB position he cost the club 160k he signed from relegation threatened Tranmere and his last ever game for the club was against Wolves

Left Back Joe Mattock joins from Sheff Wed as Wolves are currently short in that position, Charlton claims he is young and hungry and is willing to prove he is still a top prospect for the future

Finally James Wallace is last to join so far a 250k buy from Wolves prized him away from the struggling Merseyside club, Tranmere now are struggling severely in two positions and this could ruin their fight for survival.

Mattock, Mellis and Taylor are all available for the next game against Gillingham but James Wallace wasn't registered in time to play against the 24th placed club.

33. Charlton defends decision to bring in two Centre midfielders.

"I have no problem in bringing in two extra midfielder's and neither should you, in football you need to be prepared and this is preparation at it's best, football is an ever changing games and that is the same with tactics one moment you have a 4 man midfield and next it may be a 5 it could even be a 3 man midfield, who knows next season I could play a 4-5-1 or it could remain the same but either way it doesn't matter I have brought in two top quality midfielder's and I plan to use them all this season and the next. So criticism firing at me is unfair and unprofessional, I feel it's time the local media should start respecting the fact I'm in charge and I run things my way."
    Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 16/03/2014 at 02:11 AM.

34. BREAKING

Name:  SSN.png
Views: 363
Size:  14.5 KB
    Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 16/03/2014 at 02:38 AM.

35. Sorry for lack of updates hope to have one tomorrow

36. Enjoying this pal.. Good signings too!

37. January 2014

Name:  Tranmere vs Wolves.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  57.2 KB

A good result against struggling Tranmere it didn't help as we went a goal down from a penalty but we did well to bounce back, Dicko was on the bench for this one but Cassidy and Clarke fired when needed

Name:  Everton vs wolves Jan 2nd.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  53.4 KB

An expected defeat against Premier League opposition, Deulofeu was a constant threat against our defeat, in truth we was really poor and was lucky to get a goal.

Name:  Gill 3rd jan.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  49.4 KB

A disappointing defeat against the bottom of the league, 2 goals in 4 minutes was enough to condemn defeat and Gillingham crowd were ecstatic after the game. The Wolves fans had every right to be disappointed in us and the boo boys seem to be back.

Name:  prest 4th.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  50.4 KB

An unimpressive win against 4th place Preston, Ismail grabbed an impressive goal on a game Wolves would like to well and truly forget performance wise but a good team will win even when playing poor.

Name:  Crawley 5th.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  60.8 KB

Another poor performance and another defeat in January not much to say.

Name:  Bristol 6th.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  54.5 KB

A win and Dicko ends his mini goal drought to fire Wolves to victory after being behind.

Name:  7th jan.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  57.4 KB

A big impressive win, recently you may see we don't control possession but in this league you need results and for the majority of the season that's what we've been doing. Dicko didn't score but set up two and Sako scored a brace as well as Clarke, young man Cassidy was also on the score sheet.

Player of the month
    Name:  Ikeme.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  8.4 KB

Many times this month he kept the score low down when we could've been down 4/5 goals glad to have him between the sticks.

Was stupid to forget the league table but this was how it stood, sorry by the way
    1st Wolves
    2nd Preston
    3rd Colchester
    4th Brentford

Injury cost me my Wolves career - Sako
    Bakory Sako talks about how he isn't enjoying hid Wolves career like he once was.

"It's been a long time since I've been happy at Wolves" Said Bakory "the injury is the major talking point and ever since that month out I haven't been able to hold my place in the side and it's unfortunate because I had high hopes for this season, the change of manager hasn't helped but that is not his fault." Sako has been in disappointing form this season and recent rumours of a bid in the sum of 500k shows how much he is now worth, with interest from Leeds it looks less likely he will be playing in the Wolves shirt past this current season.

Ex Derby winger Michael Jacobs has stolen the limelight from Sako and it's hard to see Sako getting back in on the starting XI on a weekly basis. Sako says "Michael, he's an extraordinary talent and I won't complain if a player has been better than me and I have no complaints he has been phenomenal. This week I will be handing in transfer request as I want to be playing week in and week out and I want to enjoy football again. I'm sorry I disappointed Wolves fans they have been great to me since I have arrived and they hold a special place in my heart. Sometimes you have to put yourself first.

Inside sources say that Leeds rejected an offer by Wolves to take Sako off their hands for 1 million pound, there are numerous of other clubs involved in wanting to take Sako away from Wolves.

38. Wolverhampton Latest

Chris signs contract!

Chris Charlton has today put doubts behind him as he signed a new deal which will run until 2017.

"I would be a coward if I ever considered of leaving Wolverhampton, I don't know where Sky got that rumour from but it was completely false, although there's a mixed view from the fans, I would never try and disappoint them, they love their football club and they don't want to see it fail. Although criticism may be harsh, they are about to put trust in an unproven man so I understand. But I am delighted to extend my contract and looking forward for a very good future at this club."

Sako gone!
    After Sako basically put himself up for sale last week, he will now join AS Nancy Lorraine in the summer for 500k.
    Chris Charlton was unavailable to comment but he previously said he wishes Bakory the best and didn't want to see him forced out but he wasn't part of the plans after losing out on a first team place after a short term injury.

39. I'm enjoying this mate. Some good signings there in January. Should help see you through the championship at least. Mellis is premiership class so you've done well there. In regards to Jamie Jones, he's a solid keeper, nothing spectacular but will do a job. Will easily tide you over for a season or two in the prem while you're establishing yourself in that division. KIU mate, if you're short in defense have a look at Adam Webster. Think he's at Leeds this year, had him at pompy in FM13, stayed with me all way to the prem and won 50 odd caps for England.

40. Good read this mate, as BatesyWhoa said Mellis is a top top signing especially for a L1 side....Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next update.

41. Thanks, I agree with Mellis looked at scout report and got him for half his value and that was same with most other players I got, signings affected teams form a bit in recent months but they're getting used to each other now, thanks for both your feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42. Will have a look at Webster when I can but I'm a Leeds fan so unless I missed something I don't think he's with us but I've heard of him before and will look into it, hope to get March up tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43. Goalkeeper to join in the summer
    Name:  Wolves sign long.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  64.2 KB

Chris Charlton will bolster his squad in the summer as young goalkeeper George Long has signed for Wolves. This is a clear indicator that Jamie Jones future at the club will not last much longer than the end of the season.

44. February 2014

Name:  Brad 1st.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  59.4 KB

A lucky victory against Yorkshire team Bradford was a lucky escape with an own goal by McArdle.

Name:  Prest 2nd.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  48.4 KB

A bore draw but could potentially set us up well for the second leg.

Name:  Steven 34d.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  54.8 KB

A strong win we performed well but we really aren't seeing a lot of the ball lately, Jacobs was on top form today as he bagged a good brace.

Name:  Notts 4th.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  59.4 KB

A good comeback but disappointed to have gone two goals down, lack of possession starting to get frustrating now.

Name:  Prest 5th.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  169.9 KB

Really annoying to lose,we had so many opportunities that went to waste, sums up our performances in last couple of month not been great.

Name:  Brent 6th.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  56.4 KB

Another loss which wasn't deserved.

Player of the month

No one, was poor performances throughout.

League Table
    Name:  table feb.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  65.2 KB

Wolverhampton Latest

Ward on loan!
    Name:  loan ward.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  97.3 KB

Striker Jamie Ward has joined on loan till the end of the season

2nd player to join in the summer
    Name:  Sign White.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  White stats.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  112.5 KB

Hayden White from Bolton has signed a contract till 2018, he signed for a fee of 850k and will join when the transfer window opens in June.

45. March Youth Intake

Name:	intakw.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	531876
    A fairly good intake with one very promising player, he could be a star player for Wolves in the future if he lives up to early potential.

A closer look

Name:	Best youth player.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	531881

46. March, April, May 2014

As it's only League one I've decided to bundle the last 3 months in one quick update

Name:  big update.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  281.7 KB
    A poor March, followed by a decent April and a very good May with Dicko finally back on form, we won promotion after the Rotherham game and then won the league against Leyton Orient the following week, there wasn't really a player of the month for the first two months but the last definitely deserves to go to Dicko taking his talley to 33 goals in all competitions.

Player of the year
Views: 273

Well it has to be this man if it wasn't for him we wouldn't of won the league by a long shot, we must thank Dicko for all his hard work this season. Charlton spoke very highly of this man "he's just pure class, when he wasn't scoring he was assisting and linking up with the team very well, he's fantastic talent and we're lucky to have him"

Nouha Dicko got 33 goals and 19 assists in all competitions

League table

Name:	rop 6.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	532796

Name:	bottom 4.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	532797

47. If you want me to screenshot like stats, teams anything just tell me!

48. Wolverhampton Latest

Ins & Outs

It's been a busy summer for Wolves so far and it's only just started! With 6 players joining and 8 leaving and there is still one player to join and contracts are still yet to expire for a few players.

Wolves first two signings that we have known for a while now is the signing of George Long and Hayden White. Chris Charlton was delighted claiming that the two signings are very good prospects for the club but will have to earn it like the rest of the players.

Chris has brought in a good friend (pardon the pun) George Friend has joined for 775k from recently relegated Middlesborough. "I watched this lad against Leeds a couple of seasons ago and he controlled the left hand side, I have continued to watch him and he continues to impress. He's a good friend of mine and he understands me and I understand him" said Chris.

Tricky winger James McClean has joined Wolves from Wigan for 2.5m

BIG NAME SIGNING

Crystal Palace midfielder Joe Ledley has joined Wolves for 4.5m and this boy is a good capture for a side that has been recently promoted, Palace was relegated last season and Ledley felt he needed a move away from Lonfon and has now joined highly confident Wolves. Last signing is Striker Matt Smith who has joined on loan from Leeds and Milan Lalkovic will join on the 1st July on a free transfer

OUTS

Bakory Sako - AS Nancy Lorraine 500k
    Stephen Ward - Bournemouth 1m
    Kevin Doyle - Contract Terminated
    Jamie O'Hara - Nottingham Forest ?0
    David Edwards - Motherwell ?0
    Aaron McCarey - Man City 220k
    Danny Murray - Boston United - Loan
    Valenciennes extend loan of Tongo Doumbia paying 100% wages

49. Quick update!

Georg Margreitter has signed for Reading for 1 million pound
    Roger Johnson has joined Ipswich for a free transfer

Danny Batth injured for two months
    Last edited by LeedsUnitedAndProud; 20/03/2014 at 01:31 AM.

50. Quote Originally Posted by LeedsUnitedAndProud View Post
    Quick update!

Georg Margreitter has signed for Reading for 1 million pound
    Roger Johnson has joined Ipswich for a free transfer

Danny Batth injured for two months
    Big Roger and O'Hara not make the grade or wages too big?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO