FC Inter Turku - European Giant
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

1. FC Inter Turku - European Giant

FC Inter Turku - European Giant
    A Club and Country Challenge

Name:  Interturku.png
Views: 4558
Size:  29.4 KB

With just a couple of Uni exams left and hopefully a bit more time to play FM, I have decided to embark on a long term club and country challenge with Finnish side FC Inter Turku. I'll be continuing my Sunderland story, however wanted something a little more challenging to play alongside it. I'm not taking charge of the national team to start with, as it's fair to say my knowledge of Finnish football isn't great so taking charge of two teams I'm completely unfamiliar wasn't something I was keen to do.

Why Finland?

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-flag_of_finland.png

I was quite surprised to see that Finland have never qualified for the World Cup or the European Championships, and although they have a couple of decent prospects, they don't have any real world class players. Also, the league reputation is just two stars and the European coefficients for the league is pretty poor. Here is a few quick screenshots to see how the state of Finnish football looks at the start of the game...

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-europe_-nations-qualification-places.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-europe_-nations-nation-coefficients.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-finland_-overview-profile.png

Why FC Inter Turku?

Click image for larger version

Name:	FC Inter_ Information General.png
Views:	4623
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	580737

Formed quite recently in 1990, FC Inter Turku have a pretty modest history, winning 1 Finnish title in 2008, however in recent years the league has been dominated by HJK Helsinki, so our first task will be to wrestle away their dominance from them. However, we do have a pretty decent set of facilities to go about our task with...

Name:	FC Inter_ Information Facilities.png
Views:	4488
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	580743

So we have good training facilities and junior coaching (which I improved shortly after I arrived), whilst our youth recruitment is above average but our youth facilities are basic and will need improving. The board wants us to finish in the top half of the league, which I think should be achievable as our predicted finish is 5th (12 teams in the league).

Next update will be a review of the first transfer window in charge and a quick overview of the squad. I'm undecided on how I'll do the updates for this, although I will probably do yearly updates for the national team until I take over and then they might become more regular.

2. Save History:

FC Inter Turku:

Views: 4306

2014 - Finnish Premier League - Runners Up, Finnish Cup - 7th Round, Finnish League Cup - Runners Up
    2015 - Finnish Premier League - 3rd, Finnish Cup - Runners Up, Finnish League Cup - Semi Final, Europa League - 4th in Group.
    2016 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Runners Up, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Europa League - 3rd Qualifying Round.
    2017 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Champions League - 1st Knockout Round
    2018 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Quarter Final, Finnish Cup - Quarter Final, Champions League - 3rd in Group, Europa League - 1st Knockout Round
    2019 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Group Stage (Finished 4th in group)
    2020 -
    Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Group Stage (Finished 4th in group)
    2021 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Champions League - 1st Knockout Round
    2022 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Semi Final, Champions League - 1st Knockout Round
    2023 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Champions League - 3rd in Group, Europa League - Semi Final
    2024 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Champions League - 1st Knockout Round
    2025 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Quarter Final
    2026 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Champions League - 1st Knockout Round
    2027 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Champions League - Winners
    2028 - Finnish Premier League - Winners, Finnish Cup - Winners, Finnish League Cup - Winners, Champions League - In progress, European Super Cup - Winners, Club World Championsip - Winners

Finland:

2014 - World Cup - Did not qualify. End of year world ranking - 73rd
    2015 - End of year world ranking - 51st
    2016 - European Championship - Did not qualify (Beaten in Playoff), End of year world ranking - 89th
    2017 - End of year world ranking - 97th
    2018 - World Cup - DNQ, End of year world ranking - 102nd
    2019 - End of year world ranking - 71st
    2020 - European Championship - DNQ, End of year world ranking - 51st
    2021 - End of year world ranking - 32nd
    2022 - World Cup - DNQ, End of year world ranking - 43rd
    2023 - End of year world ranking - 25th
    2024 - European Championship - 3rd in Group, End of year world ranking - 57th
    2025 - End of year world ranking - 55th
    2026 - World Cup - DNQ, End of year world ranking - 47th
    2027 - End of year world ranking - 34th
    2028 - European Championship - Quarter Final, End of year world ranking - 26th
    Last edited by Safc-mad-scotty; 23/07/2014 at 03:21 AM.

3. FC Inter Turku
    An Introduction

Views: 4273

Transfers:

Name:	FC Inter_ Transfers Transfer History.png
Views:	4400
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	580820

With my lack of knowledge of Finnish football, I relied heavily on scout reports and agent offers for my incoming transfers. After releasing a few reserves to free some extra wages, I managed to bring in former Villa and Blackburn keeper Peter Enckelman as my back up keeper. I also brought in ex Leeds midfielder Jody Morris, who should do a job at this level and the other player I brought in I had never heard of, but they should all have some sort of role to play this season...

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-peter-enckelman_-overview-profile.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-youssef-el-akchaoui_-overview-profile.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-jody-morris_-overview-profile.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-robin-eriksson_-overview-profile.pngIFC Inter Turku - European Giant-andres-camacho_-overview-profile.png

Squad:

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-squad-players-2.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-squad-players.png

I'm not too unhappy with the squad going into the season, however a couple of injuries to key players would probably make me change my mind. I'd say my best player who was already at the club was Finnish attacking midfielder Paajanen whilst the player I'm most excited about is a regen defensive midfielder who was generated in our youth team at the start of the game, Jani Ihalainen.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-severi-paajanen_-overview-profile.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-jani-ihalainen_-overview-profile.png

Tactics:

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-tactics-overview-2.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-tactics-overview.png

I'm using the same 2 tactics that I'm using on my Sunderland save, with the 4-2-3-1 being my first choice and the 4-3-3 being utilised in the harder fixtures.

Season Preview:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Season Preview-2.png
Views:	4387
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	580857

5th favourites to win the league but I'm secretly hoping we can challenge, even though the board will be happy with just a top half finish. Also, would be nice to win one of the cup competitions, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how the season pans out as I'm not really sure of the quality of other teams in the league.

Next update will be a Finnish League Cup Group Stage Update...

AndySams10 likes this.

4. I like a good club & country story

remember I tried something similar in FM11 in Finland but the super-long winter break killed me...

5. Quote Originally Posted by kandersson View Post
    I like a good club & country story

remember I tried something similar in FM11 in Finland but the super-long winter break killed me...
    Yeah, not exactly sure how the Finnish League works but I'm sure I'll find out as I go! Hoping for a Finnish Paolone in my first youth intake
    SwiftNG likes this.

6. Good luck mate. I've been looking into doing a similar story along the lines of a club & country save, was looking at Finland too, but that's ok, I can look elsewhere, haha. Will be following for sure, really enjoy your stories and layout.
    Safc-mad-scotty likes this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Yeah, not exactly sure how the Finnish League works but I'm sure I'll find out as I go! Hoping for a Finnish Paolone in my first youth intake
    maybe he will have Swedish dual nationality and will wait until 24 to join Finland

8. Proud to be a Finn! Will be following!

9. Looking forward to seeing how this develops. I always like Scandinavian stories.

10. FC Inter Turku
    League Cup 2014

Views: 4086

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule.png
Views:	4175
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	581869

So the start to the domestic season in Finland sees us take part in the league Cup, where we took on HJK Helsinki, RoPS and MYPA in the group stage. The tournament had a very pre-season feel to it as players played the first few games short of match fitness and still getting use to the new tactics. Fortunately, a 3-1 away victory against RoPS was enough to see us slip into second place in the group and progress to the quarter finals, where we then went on to advance past KuPS in a very tight penalty shootout. Next up in the semi's was the current champions HJK, and to my surprise we managed to turn them over 2-0 at their own stadium and progress to the final, where we would play FC Lahti...

Name:	FC Lahti v FC Inter_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	4247
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	581878

Unfortunately, we couldn't get our first piece of silverware as they steamrolled us out of the blocks with two early goals. We threatened a comeback when we pulled it back to 2-1 in the second half, but they caught us on the counter as we pushed for an equalizer and it was game over from there. Overall, I feel it was a quite promising start to the season for the lads, however consistency did seem to be a little bit of an issue through the whole pre-season.

Other News:

1)
    We got a new parent club in Swiss side Grasshoppers, hopefully we may see a Finnish regen or two come through there in the future...

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter_-information-affiliated-clubs.png

2)
    Only one of our players made the recent Finnish squad, right winger Mika Ojala.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-mika-ojala_-overview-profile.png

Next update will be an April review, with the first 4 league games of the season...

AndySams10 likes this.

11. FC Inter Turku
    April and May 2014

Views: 1344

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-2.png
Views:	1402
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	581990

The league season started absolutely terribly, with two away defeats being followed by an embarrassing exit in the Finnish Cup to first division side FC Haka. Things did start to pick up a little with 5 points from the next 3 games, including a couple of really drab 0-0 draws. It now looks as though we may be starting to turn things around though, as 4 wins from the last 5 has shot us up the table to where we are expected to be. The 4-1 defeat against IFK was disappointing but they look a pretty strong team and we were missing quite a few players.

Player of the Update - Severi Paajanen:

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-33707_ori_severi_paajanen.jpg

3 goals and 4 assists from the influential Finnish midfielder so far this season.

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-3.png
Views:	1392
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	582000

A lot of our attacking players have had great individual performances, however lack the consistency to put the performances in on a regular basis.

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1436
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	582005

Only 5 points behind the leaders, however I don't think a title challenge is realistic judging by the performances of the team so far. My personal target is to Finnish (See what I did there) in the top 3 in order to bring some form of European football for next season, which should help our dodgy looking finances.

Other News:

1)
    Our finances aren't looking great to say the least, don't think it's too much to worry about at this stage and hopefully the board start to pump a bit of money in to help us get back in the black.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter_-boardroom-finances.png

2)
    Despite this, I can't resist stretching my wage budget further to bring in an exciting looking 16 year old English regen centre midfielder. 5 star potential and has the ability to go into the first team straight away. The only strange thing about him though is the fact he didn't have a club before us so I don't know how/where he was generated.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-richard-dundas_-overview-profile.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-richard-dundas_-reports-coach-report.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-richard-dundas_-history-career-stats.png

3)
    We got our highest attendance of the season so far in the Turku derby against TPS, which was 6,362. Considering our regular attendances are around 1,300, it was a nice jump. Also, I think it shows that there is a potential for a nice fan base if we can improve the club and league reputation.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-v-tps_-overview-overview.png

Next update will be a June and July review, I've decided that I'll be doing bimonthly updates for the time being. Are people interested in the club side of things (Finances, player development etc), or just results, player stats, league tables etc?

AndySams10 likes this.

12. Decent start Scotty, at least you won't have to go up three divisions until you get in Europe this time

13. FC Inter Turku
    June and July 2014

Views: 1293

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-3.png
Views:	1353
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	583183

Inconsistency is once again our main problem, however towards the end of the month it looked like we were starting to get on a roll with 10 points from 4 games. The main disappointment was a 3-0 away defeat to KuPS, who were bottom of the league at the time and the highlight was the 3-2 victory in the Turku derby against TPS.

Player of the Update - Tamas Gruborovics

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-tamas.jpg

The Hungarian midfielder is one of the first names on the team sheet and comes up with some important goals and assists.

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-4.png
Views:	1349
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	583186

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	1364
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	583188

Still 4th in the league but only 4 points behind the leader, so it could be possible that we might mount a title challenge with 14 games to go. Next game is a big one against 2nd place IFK.

Other News:

1)
    The Finnish League has moved up 6 places to 39th in the competition rankings, whilst we move up 28 places to 250th in the European club coefficient rankings. Also, the league has moved up 2 places in the coefficient rankings, meaning we will have a team in the Europa League 2nd qualifying round, as opposed to 3 in the first round.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-scott-houghton_-news-inbox-37.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-scott-houghton_-news-inbox-36.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-scott-houghton_-news-inbox-35.png

2)
    We make another new signing in the shape of young English striker Coulthirst on a free after being released by Spurs. I think he'll be a great addition to the squad and give us a genuine game changing option off the bench which we have missed.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-shaquile-coulthirst_-overview-profile.png

Next up will be a August and September review, can we manage to build a title challenge or slip into mid-table mediocrity?
    AndySams10 and coolmcool like this.

14. FC Inter Turku
    August and September 2014

Views: 1242

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-4.png
Views:	1340
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	585061

Another couple of great months for us, as we finally start to show a real consistency that was missing through the first half of the season. The stand out game by far was the away tie against VPS, who were 3 points ahead of us at the time at the top. We went down to 10 men after just 15 minutes, but somehow we managed to pull it out of the bag as 4 goals from Coulthirst saw us win 4-2 and pull level with them at the top!

Player of the Update - Shaquile Coulthirst

Name:  Coulthirst.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  3.2 KB

10 goals over the two months for the new striker, as he tries to show Spurs that they shouldn't have released him!

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-5.png
Views:	1324
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	585063

The amount of attacking players with a high average rating shows that we're probably better going forward than we are defensively.

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	1317
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	585064

With 4 games to go, we only sit behind leaders VPS on goal difference, so it's still all to play for! RoPS are also only 3 points behind us aswell so they are still in with a shout...

First Youth Intake:

Name:	FC Inter Turku Youth Candidates_ Squad Players.png
Views:	1376
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	585066

A very nice looking first youth intake, with 4 players who I'm hoping could all be future first team stars and possibly internationals. However, it's hard to judge their actual potential considering we have to compare it our current players. Anyway, here are the 4 players...

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-harri-sarjovaara_-overview-profile-2.pngVille JFC Inter Turku - European Giant-jorma-viljanen_-overview-profile-2.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-jouko-karsa_-overview-profile.png

Other News:

1)
    FC Lahti completed a Finnish League Cup and Finnish Cup double, beating HJK 5-1 in the Finnish Cup final.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-hjk-v-fc-lahti_-overview-overview.png

2)
    Our finances look horrible, despite the fact I'm actually under the allocated wage budget!

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter_-boardroom-finances-2.png

Next update will be an October review, can we win the Finnish League title in our first season in charge?

kandersson likes this.

15. FC Inter Turku
    October 2014

Views: 1239

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-5.png
Views:	1317
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	585144

Damn! After beating FC Lahti we went to the top of the league, however we well and truly choked in the last 3 games as we only picked up 2 points from the last 3, throwing away the title!

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-4.png
Views:	1341
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	585148

So... VPS win the league by 5 points and we'll have to settle for a place in the Europa League qualifiers next year. Obviously, you get nowhere near as much money in the EL qualifiers so it is another reason to be disappointed about missing out on the league title!

Next up will be an end of season review...

16. youth intake looks primising.

what's the story of that emilio pagliarini guy? italian/finnish?

17. Unlucky in the league mate but the youth intake looks decent

18. Quote Originally Posted by kandersson View Post
    youth intake looks primising.

what's the story of that emilio pagliarini guy? italian/finnish?
    Yeah he is, first thing I checked when I got the intake

Quote Originally Posted by coolmcool View Post
    Unlucky in the league mate but the youth intake looks decent
    Thought we were going to take it after the win against Lahti but it wasn't to be. Have a few promising young players already though, really been surprised by the quality of player I've been able to sign so far. Don't think we would look out of place in League 1 if we were in the English league system...
    coolmcool likes this.

19. FC Inter Turku
    Season 1 Review - 2014

Views: 1192

Finnish Premier League - 2nd

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-5.png
Views:	1230
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	587243

Finnish Cup - 7th Round

Name:	Finnish Cup_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1251
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	587246

Finnish League Cup - Runners Up

Name:	Finnish League Cup_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1223
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	587249

Fans Player of the Season - Youssef El-Akchaoui

Name:	Youssef El-Akchaoui_ Overview Profile-2.png
Views:	1244
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	587250

Best 11:

Name:	FC Inter_ History Best Eleven.png
Views:	1285
Size:	437.3 KB
ID:	587253

So this was just a quick Season review, couldn't really think of anything else to put in it. Next update will be a 2015 preview, including a review of how our Finnish League Cup journey for the season...
    AndySams10 likes this.

20. Finland

Fixtures:

Name:	Finland_ Fixtures Schedule.png
Views:	1248
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	587276

Obviously I'm not in charge of the national team, but I thought it would be good to look back at how Finland did in 2014. Their best result was a credible 1-1 draw away to England at Wembley, and they got 4 points from the first two qualifying bad games, it wasn't a bad year for the Finnish nation. However, there was poor results against Canada and Australia, possibly showing a lack of quality in trying to break down the poorer sides...

Euro 2016 Qualifying Group:

Name:	European Championship Qualifying_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1299
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	587277

Top two qualify for the Euro's and third place goes into a play off. I think we could nick 2nd but would also be very happy with 3rd.

Player of the Year - Roman Eremenko:

Name:	Roman Eremenko_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1257
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	587278

Under 21 Player of the year - Joel Pohjanpalo

Name:	Joel Pohjanpalo_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	1281
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	587280

Best 11:

Name:	Finland_ History Best Eleven.png
Views:	1245
Size:	413.8 KB
ID:	587283

Next up will be the pre-season and League Cup update...

21. FC Inter Turku
    2015 - Preview

Views: 1172

Transfers:

Name:	FC Inter_ Transfers Transfer History-2.png
Views:	1227
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	587947

Firstly we let a few unneeded players go on a free to free up a little but of the wage budget, and managed to ship Jody Morris' ?1,000 a week wages to FC Honka for ?950. Firstly, we brought in Conor Coady on a free transfer to add extra competition in the midfielder area, as well as Milan Lalkovic to play as the inside forward on the left hand side to replace Lehtonen. After that, we then brought in Paddy McCarthy and Tyrone Mears to slot straight into the back 4 after they were released from Crystal Palace and Bolton respectively.

Finnish League Cup:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-6.png
Views:	1220
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	587963

Not a bad run in the League Cup, winning 4 and drawing 1 of our 6 group games before dropping out in the semi finals against FC Lahti. Still awaiting our first trophy in charge of Inter Turku though!

First Team Squad:

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-squad-players-7.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-squad-players-6.png

Feel we have a nice blend of youth and experience in the squad, however quite a few of the other teams have also strengthened and a title push could be even harder this season than it was last year.

Starting 11:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Tactics Overview-3.png
Views:	1233
Size:	505.0 KB
ID:	587976

The biggest decision to make is the starting left back, as El-Akchaoui was player of the season last year but is 34 and we have a very good young left back waiting in the wings in Marinkovic. Marinkovic will get the chance to start the season in the team but if he doesn't perform then he'll be dropped. Lalkovic was poor on the left in the League Cup but hopefully he can pick up for the start of the league season...

Next update will be an April and May review, can we get off to a good start this season?..

AndySams10 and coolmcool like this.

22. FC Inter Turku
    April and May 2015

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-7.png
Views:	1170
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	588195

On the face of things it's been a pretty good couple of months. We beat two lower league sides to reach the semi finals of the Finnish Cup and we sit just 2 points behind the leaders in 2nd in the league. However, I do feel as though things should be going a lot better. We seem to dominate possession every game without creating that many clear cut chances, and then the opposition will just ping one ball in behind our defence and score the one on one. Once/if we cut out the stupid errors, we could pull clear in what is a very tight and competitive league.

Player of the Update - Tamas Gruborovics

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-tamas.jpg

4 goals, 3 assists and 2 MOM's so far this season for the Hungarian midfielder.

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-8.png
Views:	1174
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	588199

Lalkovic has really picked up since the league season has started and Coulthirst is in pretty good goalscoring form.

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-6.png
Views:	1161
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	588202

The league is very competitive and only 8 points separate 1st and 9th.

Not sure whether the next update will be a June and July update or a special Europa League qualifier update...

23. FC Inter Turku
    Transfer News

Views: 1111

In what is by far the biggest transfer deal in the club's history, we have sold midfielder Richard Dundas to Chelsea for ?5,000,000. However, not only that, as part of the deal we will get 50% of his next transfer fee, a friendly against Chelsea and (best of all) we get to keep him on loan for the rest of the current season and the whole of next season! It was a bit of a strange transfer saga as the first bid for Dundas was only ?100,000 from Manchester United so I countered it to ?500,000 with all the pre mentioned bonuses. They rejected it but after that I was getting bids from Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal, so I kept accepting one and then offering him out for ?1,000,000 extra than the last bid accepted, until we finally settled at ?5,000,000. My assistant now thinks he can become a world class midfielder, so it could be that a free transfer of a regen right at the start of the save could really have provided a basis from which the club can build.

Name:	Scott Houghton_ News Inbox-40.png
Views:	1190
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	588234

Other News:

1)
    A lot of big clubs are looking at young Finnish striker Jorma Viljanen. I would be far less willing to sell him though considering he is Finnish, but I don't know what I would do if I was to get a similar offer to the one I got for Dundas :/

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-jorma-viljanen_-transfer-transfer-status.png

2)
    We've been drawn against Lithuanian side Zalgiris in the EL 1st qualifying round, with the winner progressing to take on AA Gent.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-fixtures-schedule-8.png

3) Both Junior Coaching and youth facilities are to be upgraded. Junior coaching is now at an excellent level.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-scott-houghton_-news-inbox-42.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-scott-houghton_-news-inbox-41.png

4)
    Finnish league drops one place in the competition rankings and we rise a few places in European club coefficients, without even playing in Europe last year.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-scott-houghton_-news-inbox-39.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-scott-houghton_-news-inbox-38.png

Next up will probably be the Europa League update or a June/July review. Do you think I made the correct decision selling Dundas and what do you think I should do if I were to get a similar bid for Viljanen?
    Last edited by Safc-mad-scotty; 23/05/2014 at 12:21 AM.
    coolmcool likes this.

24. almost there with the league. I'm sure things will be better this season. And good luck in Europe.

I had a save with AC Oulu before the final patch. Got them promoted, won the Finnish Cup but never win the league. HJK is too good in my save. Although I beat them when I won the Cup. RoPS is my bogey team, Big Rivalry and I always fail to beat them.
    Money will start coming once you are constantly in Europe.

I tend to look for releases from bigger leagues. Players deemed not good for those can be stars in this league.

25. Going well mate, its always sad to see your best players leave but if he will finance the clubs future success its well worth it

26. Nice amount of profit there! KIU!

27. FC Inter Turku
    June + July 2015
Views: 1042

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-9.png
Views:	1111
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	588624

5 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss from the 9 league games over the two months isn't too bad of a run considering we had Europa League fixtures sandwiched in between the league fixtures. The loss against Honka was the most disappointing result but the 4-1 win over MYPA was a very nice result, especially considering 17 year old Finnish striker Viljanen bagged all 4 goals!

Player of the Update - Shaquile Coulthirst

Name:  Coulthirst.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  3.2 KB

Plenty of goals over the two months from the English striker, both in the league and Europa League...

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-9.png
Views:	1126
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	588628

3 of our Finnish players (Lehtonen, Lindstrom and Bahne) are all retiring at the end of the season, bit surprising considering two of them are only 34 and Bahne, the goalkeeper, is 36. Bahne and Lehtonen have both played a key role in the team this year and so will be missed...

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-7.png
Views:	1111
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	588631

We've fallen a little behind champions VPS in our title chase, as they now sit 4 points ahead of us. However,we do have a game in hand and then another 14 games to catch them!

Next update will be a special Europa League qualifying update...

28. FC Inter Turku
    Europa League Qualifying Rounds - 2015

Views: 1021

1st Round - FC Inter Turku 8 - 3 Zalgiris (On Aggregate)

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-zalgiris-v-fc-inter_-overview-overview.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-v-zalgiris_-overview-overview.png

Zalgiris of Lithuania were easily dispatched in the first qualifying round. After winning the first leg 4-2, we played a young team in the return fixture and won 4-1, with Viljanen bagging himself a brace.

2nd Round - FC Inter Turku 3 - 1 AA Gent (On Aggregate)

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-v-aa-gent_-overview-overview.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-aa-gent-v-fc-inter_-overview-overview.png

After losing the 1st leg away in Belgium 1-0, I wasn't too confident in turning the tie around, despite the fact we were dominant in possession. However, Shaquile Coulthirst came flying out of the blocks in the return leg in Finland and bagged himself a hatrick, sending us through 3-1 on aggregate.

3rd Round - FC Inter Turku 5 - 2 Debrecen (On Aggregate)

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-debrecen-v-fc-inter_-overview-overview.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-v-debrecen_-overview-overview.png

So, Debrecen of Hungary awaited in the 3rd round and they followed a similar fate of Gent when they came to the Veritas Stadion, losing 3-0 to us in the 1st leg. I was feeling confident heading into the away leg and played a semi-rotated team, and the away tie ended 2-2 and we had made it through to the playoff round, where we would play FC Lorient of France. I was pretty happy with the draw, sure we would be underdogs but it wasn't the worst draw we could of got and we would be in with a chance.

Playoff Round 1st Leg - FC Lorient 1 - 0 FC Inter Turku

Name:	FC Lorient v FC Inter_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	1091
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	588798

We got off to the worst possible start in the playoff round against Lorient, falling 1-0 behind after just 2 minutes. After that we controlled the majority of the game, and missed 3 or 4 one on ones, with Coulthirst being the main culprit. I wasn't too confident heading into the home tie, as I felt we weren't going to be able to play as well for a 2nd time and thought we would live to rue the lack of an away goal!

Playoff Round 2nd Leg - FC Inter Turku 5 - 0 FC Lorient

Name:	FC Inter v FC Lorient_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	1106
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	588802

I really didn't see this one coming! Paddy McCarthy drew the tie level from a corner before Coulthirst put us ahead in the second half. Then all of a sudden it became the Gruborovics show, as he put Lorient to the sword with a hatrick, including 2 penalties. To the Europa League Group stages we head!

Europa League Group K:

Name:	EURO Cup_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	1089
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	588806

Ouch, a pretty tough group draw but it's pretty much as I expected. Don't have any chance of making it through the group, but hopefully we can pull off a couple of upsets along the way.

Next up will be an August and September review...

29. FC Inter Turku
    August + September 2015

Views: 1006

Finnish Cup Final

Name:	MYPA v FC Inter_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	1078
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	588839

Damn! Thought we had our first trophy in the bag when big Paddy McCarthy put us 1-0 up in the 52nd minute, however they quickly turned the game on it's head and went 2-1 up. A second McCarthy goal pulled us level but then the idiot decided to get himself sent off in extra time and MYPA took the Finnish Cup with a 3-2 win AET. Very disappointing and it's looking like another trophyless season for FC Inter Turku...

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-10.png
Views:	1096
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	588840

Unfortunately, our heroics in the Europa League seems to have had a real negative effect on our domestic form, not allowing us to get any form of consistency with games coming thick and fast. The 6-0 defeat to RoPS was a particular low, and despite the fact we were down to 10 men after 8 minutes it was still an awful result! Then the 2-1 defeat to VPS pretty much ended any form of title challenge, although it's still mathematically possible if VPS drop points and we win our last 5 games.

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-10.png
Views:	1086
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	588843

Gruborovics is still leading the way in the battle for the player of the season, whilst Coulthirst is heading towards 30 goals for the seasons. We've made two signings since the last update as well, bringing in Wes Foderingham in on a free to be first choice keeper, and 28 year old Finnish left winger Erfan Zeneli to offer competition for places on the left for ?50,000.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-wesley-foderingham_-overview-profile.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-erfan-zeneli_-overview-profile.png

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-8.png
Views:	1054
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	588851

The likelihood is that we would need to win our last 5 and both teams above us would have to drop points for us to win the league, not very likely however we just have to strive to keep up our end of the bargain...

Youth Intake:

Name:	FC Inter Turku Youth Candidates_ Squad Players-2.png
Views:	1076
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	588854

Pretty poor intake compared to last year, as the best player from this years intake has the same potential as the 4th best player from last years'. Nobody screenshot worthy, but hopefully one of these can surprise me and develop quickly.

Next update will be a September review, after which we'll have a Europa League Group stage update!
    JonoMUFC and coolmcool like this.

30. FC Inter Turku
    October 2015

Views: 985

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-11.png
Views:	1047
Size:	280.2 KB
ID:	589530

We needed to win all 5 games in October to have any chance of winning the league, however we could only manage 11 points and so we drop one place in the league to 3rd place this season.

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-11.png
Views:	1057
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	589543

32 goals and 17 assists from Coulthirst is a fantastic return for the lone striker, whilst Lehtonen and Lalkovic also provided great contributions from the wings. Young Finnish players Sarjovaara and Jaaskelainen both impressed in their performances in the last couple of games of the season and could have won themselves a space in next years squad.

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-9.png
Views:	1032
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	589547

We actually got one more point this season compared to last year, but dropped one place in the league. VPS won a second consecutive title and have done so with what I think is a distinctly average looking squad. If we hadn't had such a long Europa League run, I feel we would have been able to get the extra 6 points to win the league, however it wasn't to be!

Next up will be a Europa League Group Stage update...

31. FC Inter Turku
    Europa League Group Stage 2015

Views: 910

Match Day 1 - FC Inter Turku 2 - 0 AS Roma

Name:	FC Inter v Roma_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	954
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	589659

Match Day 2 -
    Schalke 04 3 - 2 FC Inter Turku

Name:	Schalke v FC Inter_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	950
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	589663

Match Day 3 -
    Granada 3 - 0 FC Inter Turku

Name:	Granada v FC Inter_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	942
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	589666

Match Day 4 -
    FC Inter Turku 3 - 1 Granada

Name:	FC Inter v Granada_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	931
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	589670

Match Day 5 -
    AS Roma 3 - 2 FC Inter Turku

Name:	Roma v FC Inter_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	946
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	589674

Match Day 6 -
    FC Inter Turku 1 - 2 Schalke 04

Name:	FC Inter v Schalke_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	921
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	589676

Group Standings:

Name:	EURO Cup_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	950
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	589684

A great run for the club in the Europa League comes to an end but we put in 5 fantastic performances in the group stages. We still had a very good chance of progressing heading into the last game, if we could beat Schalke at home on match day 6. Coulthirst equalized in the 86th minute and we chucked everybody forward to get a winner but they caught us with a sucker punch and we were very unlucky to finish in 4th place in the group!

Next up will be a season review...

Timmzeh and Kerguelen like this.

32. Some pretty strong results from the group stage Scotty, Europe knows not to take you lightly!

33. Quote Originally Posted by JonoMUFC View Post
    Some pretty strong results from the group stage Scotty, Europe knows not to take you lightly!
    Thanks Jono, the funny thing is if it wasn't for late goals in both Schalke games it could have been so much better! Need to get that first league title next year though, the real money is in the Champions League!

34. Quote Originally Posted by Safc-mad-scotty View Post
    Thanks Jono, the funny thing is if it wasn't for late goals in both Schalke games it could have been so much better! Need to get that first league title next year though, the real money is in the Champions League!
    Agreed, I have a long term Belarus save, words cannot describe how good that 7 million every season is getting to the group stage when you're starting out challenges like this, they're club builders!

35. FC Inter Turku
    End of Season Review - 2015

Views: 881

Finnish Premier League - 3rd

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-9.png
Views:	1017
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	589898

Finnish Cup - Runners Up

Name:	Finnish Cup_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	902
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	589899

Finnish League Cup - Semi Final

Name:	Finnish League Cup_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	986
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	589905

Europa League - 4th in Group Stage

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-fixtures-schedule-12.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-euro-cup_-overview-stages-2.png

Fans Player of the Year - Shaquile Coulthirst

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-shaquile-coulthirst_-overview-profile-2.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-shaquile-coulthirst_-history-career-stats.png

Best 11:

Name:	FC Inter_ History Best Eleven-2.png
Views:	920
Size:	441.7 KB
ID:	589933

Overall Best 11:

Name:	FC Inter_ History Best Eleven-3.png
Views:	956
Size:	439.7 KB
ID:	589940

Next update will be a quick update on how the national team got on in 2015!

36. Finland

Fixtures:

Name:	Finland_ Fixtures Schedule-2.png
Views:	931
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	590034

Finland were so close to qualifying for their first major tournament, however could not overcome Switzerland in a playoff after finishing 3rd in their group.

European Championship 2016 Qualifying:

Name:	European Championship Qualifying_ Overview Stages-2.png
Views:	919
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	590072

If they had beaten Isreal in the last game they could have qualified in 2nd place, but the impressive performance has seen them rise to 53rd on the world rankings.

World Ranking Graph:

Name:	Finland_ History World Rankings.png
Views:	919
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	590074

Player of the Year - Roman Eremenko

Name:	Roman Eremenko_ Overview Profile-2.png
Views:	949
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	590075

Young Player of the Year - Jere Uronen

Name:	Jere Uronen_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	906
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	590078

Best 11:

Name:	Finland_ History Best Eleven-2.png
Views:	940
Size:	415.9 KB
ID:	590081

Next up will be a 2016 preview, including how we got on in the Finnish League Cup. The players haven't actually had a holiday period with being in the group stages of the Europa League, so I'm hoping it doesn't lead to big fitness problems through the season...

37. You've done really well so far, to get into the group stages of the Europa League at this early stage in your career is is amazing.

38. FC Inter Turku
    Season Preview - 2016

Views: 863

Transfers:

Name:	FC Inter_ Transfers Transfer History-3.png
Views:	914
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	590150

The window started off with us giving RoPS 65k for Finnish centre back Erik Lundberg, he looks pretty decent and already knows the league so shouldn't need much time to settle in.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-erik-lundberg_-overview-profile.png

After that we brought in a few players on free transfers, mainly as backup to the first team although Cypriot winger Aloneftis will go straight into the first 11 to replace the retired Lehtonen.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-teko-modise_-overview-profile.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-jukka-lehtovaara_-overview-profile.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-david-buchanan_-overview-profile.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-stathis-aloneftis_-overview-profile.png

Also,we brought 2 centre backs in on loan. Vanczak is an experienced Hungarian defender who will walk straight into the starting 11, whilst Zabala is a promising Argentine defender who I missed out on a bosman when he renewed his contract at Newell's.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-mario-zabala_-overview-profile.pngVilmos Vancz

Finally, I've arranged to sign a young promising Argentine left winger on a bosman at the end of June. Think he could be a great signing when he fully develops.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-walter-arza_-overview-profile.png

Finnish League Cup:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-13.png
Views:	873
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	590180

Finally we win our first trophy! Ok, it's only the League Cup (which is effectively a pre-season tournament) but it's a start! We had a couple of poor results in the group stages against HJK but then we stormed through the knockout rounds to bring home the trophy!

Squad:

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-squad-players-14.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-squad-players-13.png

First 11:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Tactics Overview-4.png
Views:	994
Size:	523.9 KB
ID:	590191

Not too much changed from last season. It's Dundas' last season before he heads to Chelsea so I'm hoping we can get a big season out of him. Only major change is at centre back where I'm still not 100% sure that I know my best partnership yet.

Next update will be a April and May review, can we get off to a strong start to our league campaign?

39. FC Inter Turku

April and May 2016

Views: 831

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-14.png
Views:	884
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	592260

A pretty solid start to the league, only 2 defeats and 1 draw and we've progressed into the Finnish Cup semi final.

Player of the Update - Erik Lundberg

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-lundberg.jpg

The Finnish centre back we brought in for 65k has slotted straight in at the back and even chipped in with a few goals.

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-15.png
Views:	880
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	592262

Milan Lalkovic is quickly becoming our best player and becoming far more clinical. Also, Cypriot winger Aloneftis has really picked up where Lehtonen left off on that left wing and contributing to our cause...

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-10.png
Views:	902
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	592263

One point behind HJK with a game in hand, we are very much in with a shout of winning the league this year. Hopefully, if we have another Europa League run, it won't cost us too many points in the league!

Other News:

1)
    Both centre backs I had on loan got injuries that would have kept them out for the majority of their respective loan spells, so I had to cancel the loans.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-mario-zabala_-overview-profile-2.pngVilmos Vancz

2)
    To plug the gap in the squad, I've brought in American defender Clarence Goodson on a short term deal, and he will also manage our under 19's.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-clarence-goodson_-overview-profile.png

Next update will be either a June and July review, or a Europa League qualifying update...

Last edited by Safc-mad-scotty; 28/05/2014 at 01:25 AM.

40. FC Inter Turku
    June and July 2016

Views: 833

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-15.png
Views:	861
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	592535

We were unbeaten domestically over June and July, with 6 league wins and 3 draws from 9 league games. The first couple of games in June were difficult as we had a few players away with Finland Under 21's at the under 21 European Championship, whilst first choice left back Marinkovic was at the same tournament with Serbia. Also, we had one player at Euro 2016, right Milan Lalkovic making the Slovakia squad, albeit he never made an appearance in the tournament.

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-16.png
Views:	989
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	592538

Young Argentine left winger Arza has been a bit poor since joining, however I'll put that down to his age and having to settle in a new country. Luckily, Aloneftis is having a cracking season down that left wing so there's no pressure on Arza to make an immediate impact!

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-11.png
Views:	861
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	592541

Looking good at the moment, we'll go 9 points clear of HJK if we win our game in hand.

Other News:

1)
    The Finnish league rises in the competition rankings and we rise in the club coefficients...

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-scott-houghton_-news-inbox-53.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-scott-houghton_-news-inbox-52.png

2)
    We sign an 18 year old USA international centre back for just 200k as his contract was running out. This lad could lead our back line for the next 10+ years if we can keep him here.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-drew-sterling_-overview-profile.png

Next update will be a Europa League qualifying update...

Last edited by Safc-mad-scotty; 28/05/2014 at 01:25 AM.

41. FC Inter Turku
    Europa League Qualifying 2016

Views: 949

1st Round - FC Inter Turku 7 - 0 Racing FC (On aggregate)

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-v-racing-fc_-overview-overview.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-racing-fc-v-fc-inter_-overview-overview.png

Easy victory against the side from Luxembourg, using mainly backup players.

2nd Round - FC Inter Turku 3 - 2 Dinamo Minsk (On aggregate)

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-v-dinamo-minsk_-overview-overview.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-dinamo-minsk-v-fc-inter_-overview-overview.png

After a 1-0 victory at home in the 1st leg, we headed to Belarus for the second leg and got an early away goal which put us in the driving seat. 2 equalizers from Coulthirst meant the away tie finished 2-2 and we progressed to play Russian side Dinamo Moscow in the 3rd round.

3rd Round - FC Inter Turku 2 - 3 Dinamo Moscow (On aggregate)

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-dinamo-moscow-v-fc-inter_-overview-overview.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-v-dinamo-moscow_-overview-overview.png

Unfortunately we couldn't repeat our Europa League heroics of last year as we bow out in the 3rd qualifying round against the big Russian side. A late Shaquile Coulthirst goal in the first leg saw us come away with a respectable 2-1 defeat in the away leg. We looked like me might have turned it around in the home leg as we rushed into a 2-0 lead, however they pulled it back to 2-2 in the second half to send us out!

Next update will be a August and September review, can we strengthen our grip on the league title?

Last edited by Safc-mad-scotty; 28/05/2014 at 01:24 AM.
    AndySams10 likes this.

42. FC Inter Turku
    August, September and October 2016

Views: 903

Finnish Cup Final:

Name:	FC Inter v IFK Mariehamn_ Overview Overview.png
Views:	934
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	593613

I can't believe we lost this game! We had a fully fit squad to choose from but we didn't turn up on the day and we probably deserved to lose. 2 years in a row now we have lost in the final of this competition.

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-16.png
Views:	965
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	593616

After being knocked out of the Europa League, we went on an amazing domestic run which saw us unbeaten for 20 odd matches. Sort of makes it worse that we didn't turn up for the Cup Final but we more than made up for it by winning the league title with 7 or 8 games to go in the season. We did lose the unbeaten run when we played a few younger players towards the end of the season but I wasn't too bothered.

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-17.png
Views:	924
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	593618

My first choice front 3 for the season got the 3 highest average ratings, proving what a potent attacking force we have.

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-12.png
Views:	1091
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	593620

Won the league at a canter, the lack of European football probably helped but we are now clearly the best team in Finland!

Youth Intake:

Name:	FC Inter Turku Youth Candidates_ Squad Players-3.png
Views:	951
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	593621

A pretty poor intake, but there was one player who has decent potential and may make it at the club in the future...

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-samuli-klingenberg_-overview-attributes.png

Other News:

1)
    Our training facilities have been downgraded due to technological advances, and now stand at a average level.

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-scott-houghton_-news-inbox-54.png

Next update will be an end of season review, and then we'll take a quick look at how the Finnish national team got on in 2015!
    Last edited by Safc-mad-scotty; 28/05/2014 at 01:24 AM.
    coolmcool likes this.

43. FC Inter Turku
    2016 - Season Review

Views: 892

Finnish Premier League - Winners

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-13.png
Views:	884
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	593661

Finnish Cup - Runners Up

Name:	Finnish Cup_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	887
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	593664

Finnish League Cup - Winners

Name:	Finnish League Cup_ Overview Stages-3.png
Views:	893
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	593666

Europa League - 3rd Qualifying Round

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-17.png
Views:	899
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	593668

Fans Player of the Year - Milan Lalkovic

Name:	Milan Lalkovic_ History Career Stats.png
Views:	892
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	593671

Best 11:

Name:	FC Inter_ History Best Eleven-4.png
Views:	905
Size:	440.0 KB
ID:	593673

Overall Best 11:

Name:	FC Inter_ History Best Eleven-5.png
Views:	988
Size:	437.9 KB
ID:	593676

Next up will be a 2016 review for Finland...

44. Finland

Fixtures:

Name:	Finland_ Fixtures Schedule-3.png
Views:	887
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	593681

A pretty awful year 3 straight defeats to start the year against Austria, Croatia and the Ukraine was followed by an awful draw at home to Latvia. The only win for the year was the 4-1 away win in Andorra.

World Cup Qualifying:

Name:	World Cup European Qualifying Section_ Overview Stages.png
Views:	927
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	593685

Already no chance of qualifying, the second half of fixtures will just be about restoring pride...

World Ranking Graph:

Name:	Finland_ History World Rankings-2.png
Views:	915
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	593688

Player of the Year - Perparim Hetemaj

Name:	Perparim Hetemaj_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	954
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	593690

Young Player of the Year - Mostagh Yaghoubi

Name:	Mostagh Yaghoubi_ Overview Profile.png
Views:	897
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	593693

Best 11:

Name:	Finland_ History Best Eleven-3.png
Views:	913
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	593695

Next up will be a season preview with Inter Turku for the 2017 season, can we retain our League Cup?

45. Congrats on winning the league.
    Lalkovic is turning out very well for you... any big clubs eyeing him?

CL will bring in much welcome money, anxious to see who you draw... hope it will be a good draw and progress on.

46. Going well mate after your first league win, Unlucky to draw Dinamo Moscow in the Qualifiers there probably a better team than any i have faced in the Champions League qualifiers so far with limerick, KIU

47. Congratulations on winning the league!

48. Quote Originally Posted by thokazu View Post
    Congrats on winning the league.
    Lalkovic is turning out very well for you... any big clubs eyeing him?

CL will bring in much welcome money, anxious to see who you draw... hope it will be a good draw and progress on.
    Thanks mate, haven't had much interest for Lalkovic but had a few clubs sniffing around Fotheringham and Coulthirst. We only get derisory offers like ?100,000.

Still getting bids of around ?5,000,000 for the young Finnish striker Vilnajen though, don't really want to sell him because I want to make sure he doesn't go to a bigger club and fall down the pecking order and not develop properly. However, if we don't make enough off of the back of our Champions League campaign this year my hand may be forced!

Quote Originally Posted by coolmcool View Post
    Going well mate after your first league win, Unlucky to draw Dinamo Moscow in the Qualifiers there probably a better team than any i have faced in the Champions League qualifiers so far with limerick, KIU
    Hoping to get a decent draw in the qualifiers, starting to pick up decent regens but with that comes higher wages than the paltry money in domestic Finnish football can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Flash View Post
    Congratulations on winning the league!
    Thanks mate, think I'm cursed in the Finnish Cup though!

49. FC Inter Turku
    Season 2017 - Preview

Views: 837

Transfers:

Name:	FC Inter_ Transfers Transfer History-4.png
Views:	849
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	594709

Firstly, we let a couple of the usual types go on a free transfer as well as selling Babacar Diallo for 100k. On the incomings, we paid 400k for a young versatile Nigerian under 20's international midfielder whilst also bring in a promising American regen right back on a free. We also brought in a young Nigerian winger on a free and originally loaned him out to VPS to get game time however after a couple of injuries we've had to recall him and he'll be in and around the first team squad.

Squad:

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-squad-players-19.pngFC Inter Turku - European Giant-fc-inter-turku_-squad-players-18.png

No real major changes to the squad from last year, we're a little stronger and most of the players are young and therefore being a year older they should be a lot better and also better for the experience of last season. How well we can do in the Champions League will probably depend heavily on the luck of the draw...

Finnish League Cup:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-18.png
Views:	877
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	594718

A couple of poor results the group stages as we were still having to deal with the lack of match fitness of a few players and some youth international call ups. However, once we picked up and hit our top form, we ended up running through teams in the knockout rounds and we retained the trophy we won last year.

Next update will be an April and May review, can we get off to a good start in our title defence and can we move towards our first Finnish Cup win!

AndySams10 likes this.

50. FC Inter Turku
    April and May 2017

Views: 818

Fixtures:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Fixtures Schedule-19.png
Views:	824
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	595449

We've picked up from where we ended our league Cup run, staying unbeaten throughout the league campaign so far and progressing into the semi finals of the Finnish Cup.

Player of the Update - Milan Lalkovic

FC Inter Turku - European Giant-lalkovic.jpg

4 goals and 6 assists in the first 9 league games, he would probably have to be considered our star player at the moment.

Player Stats:

Name:	FC Inter Turku_ Squad Players-20.png
Views:	832
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	595454

New midfielder Taye Ameobi has had a solid start to his Inter Turku career, averaging a 7.49 and justifying his 400k transfer fee. Coulthirst could be doing a little better as I feel a 1 in 2 striker rate isn't good enough for a striker of his quality playing in this league.

League Table:

Name:	Finnish Premier League_ Overview Stages-14.png
Views:	831
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	595459

Top of the league with a 4 point lead over HJK, think they've improved quite a bit so we'll have to be careful not to let our league form dip too much when our European games start...

Next up will be a June and July review, or an overview of our Champions League qualifying campaign...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO