Like Tree51Likes

Liverpool FC Back to the Top
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

1. Click image for larger version

Name:	liverpool badge.jpg
Views:	5089
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	632051
    There was rotation in almost every position for this one, after United gave us a battering, we had to shake it up. Arsenal were yet again having a really poor season but somehow Arsene Wenger was still in a job and they've managed to keep their star players. Given there league position we should be looking to win this game but I always seem to find it difficult against Arsenal and it proved to be yet again.They deserved to win the game, as yet again we played really poorly but we managed to snatch a point, we need to improve!

Click image for larger version

Name:	10.png
Views:	576
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	632054

Ryan Fulton comes in for this one as Mignolet was sufffering from flu, along with some other rotation in the side. What a game this was, we could have been two up by half time but we wasted our chances, the game came to life in the second half. We continued to create chances and eventually with the help of substitutes, Suarez and Sinclair we managed to convert them. Unfortunately though our defence didn't look to great at the other end, as we conceded some messy goals, which were more down to our defenders than our young keeper, we managed to win the game though, 4-2.

Name:	11.png
Views:	570
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	632057

Young Fulton continues in goal, with Mignolet still getting over his illness. We stayed in the game the first half, playing counter attacking football but in the second United were all over us and we couldn't stop them. I'm really struggling to pick up many points away from home against the top teams right now, that's frustrating from the team, losing to your rivals is never acceptable.

Name:	12.png
Views:	579
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	632060

Mignolet is back for this one and he'll hopefully sure up the defence, after we conceded five in two games, without him in the side. After two big loses at Old Trafford to United, we had to put that right at Anfield, besides there's a place at Wembley up for grabs. We had chances to score but the goal just wouldn't come, I bought on some substitutes to try and make the breakthrough, it was Sinclair who did that, smashing home a penalty.

It got to ninety minutes and I was a little confused, I though I'd made a massive school boy error, thinking that we'd won the game and were going through to the final, in actual fact, there was still extra time to be played. I thought away goals counted in the Capital One Cup but we have to play extra time before they count, so I didn't change anything. If we scored they would be out but if they scored we were out.

Danny Welbeck went on to score a tap in in the 120th minute! Luckily the linesman flagged for offside, he was a couple of yards off, much to my relief, my heart was in my mouth. We did it, with a bit of confusion but we got there in the end. We're going to Wembley and not for the first time, Tottenham await in a difficult game.

Name:	13.png
Views:	574
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	632063

Name:	14.png
Views:	577
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	632066

I was really worried about all these tough fixtures coming at once but it's been ok, of course losing to United is never good but they are extremely difficult to beat at Old Trafford. Perhaps more disappointing, we didn't beat Arsenal who can't even conquer the top half of the table, elsewhere there was solid wins against Chelsea and United at home, so overall a mix of good and bad results. Next time, now that we've got those big games out of the way, we play some much easier games and we should be winning all of them.

Name:	15.png
Views:	556
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	632068
    nzgangster likes this.

2. Click image for larger version

Views:	633
ID:	632475
    Plenty of youngsters on show here but I felt there was enough expeirence to beat Leicester. There was but our defending wasn't up to scratch, we gave them chances and they did score but having said that our attacking play was second to none. We could quite easily have scored more goals, Luis Suarez was the star man, scoring twice and assisting for Ryan Shawcross's goal.

Injuries just keep on coming recently, there's no long term ones which is good but we keep getting lots of little annoying ones, Shawcross will miss the next game and Sinclair is out for three weeks, both injured in that game against Leicester. The next round sees us play Southampton at home, I'm happy with that draw, it's also worth mentioning there's not a whole lot of big teams left in the competition this year, that's good news for us, hopefully we can retain the trophy.

Name:	16.png
Views:	536
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	632478

If you just glance at that scoreline you might think it was a slaughtering, it was, we failed to finish our chances though. Newcastle stayed in the game until the 80th minute, when super sub Coutinho decided to bang in an eight minute hatrick. Great performance, we just need to work on our finishing.

Name:	17.png
Views:	520
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	632481

Santon picked up an injury in training midweek, keeping him out for three weeks. I was expecting a difficult game, when you consider Stoke are sitting in fifth place but our lads really showed them up, there wasn't any special performances on the pitch but as a team we played really well, winning the game 2-0.

Name:	18.png
Views:	516
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	632484

A much needed weeks rest for the team, they'll be completely refreshed ready to take on Swansea, a difficult test playing away against a middle table side. We had complete control in the first half, I was a little surprised but none the less we went in 1-0 up at the break. The second half proved more difficult though, we made ourselves a two goal lead but a mistake from Simon Mignolet let Swansea back in to the game, luckily though we managed to hold out for victory. Unfortunately we picked up yet another injury, Sterling is out for three weeks!

Name:	19.png
Views:	523
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	632487

Solid sequence of results from the team there, we might of conceded the odd sloppy goal but we made up for it with our attacking play, scoring plenty and enough to win all four games. Next time we play two games in the league, both of which we should win and we also get towards the business end of the FA Cup and the Champions League, in the last 16, facing Southampton and Dortmund.

Name:	20.png
Views:	517
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	632490

3. Click image for larger version

Views:	616
ID:	632690
    With both Sterling and Sinclair still out injured, we're struggling a little with the attacking talent in the team, it's a crucial time in the season but luckily Sinclair has almost recovered from his injury. Sound performance from the lads, we didn't produce any fireworks but we got the job done, 3-0 flattered us a little but we'll take it. Coutinho picked up an injury thankfully it's just a knock, he should be back for the game against Dortmund.

Name:	21.png
Views:	498
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	632693

Tons of rotation ahead of this one, resting those big names for the Champions League game against Dortmund coming up. It was the Daniel Sturridge show, he was in poor form lately but after coming on to replace the injured Coutinho against West Brom, he managed to score and then bag himself two goals here. I took him off with half an hour to go, giving him a rest, ready for Dortmund and his replacement Luis Suarez also showed some excellent finishing, also scoring a brace, Harry Wilson also had a fantastic game, assisting for two goals. We will face Swansea at Anfield in the Quarter Finals.

Name:	22.png
Views:	510
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	632696

Name:	23.png
Views:	519
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	632699

Our biggest game in a while now and it feels good to be back involved in the Champions League, after a break that was to long. Wow, they don't get much closer than that, either side could have won it, in a fantastic match. The second half saw the game catch a light, they got a man sent off and we went on to take full advantage going one up, Dortmund came back fighting though and levelled the match.

We took the lead for the second time from an own goal, before Hector Herrera got himself needlessly sent off very late in the match. Overall I'm pleased with that result, I was confident we could beat them at Anfield so taking a lead back home and two away goals is very pleasing, I have to be frustrated with Herrera though, who made a stupid tackle very late on.

Name:	24.png
Views:	515
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	632702

Almost an unchanged side after that solid victory over Dortmund. We were all over them in the first half, managing to take a comfortable lead with us at the break. In the second half though, we seemed to fall apart and almost let our two goal lead slip, some poor marking let them in to score from a corner but thankfully we managed to hold out for the win.

Name:	25.png
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	632705

The table still looks great for us and it looks like we're going to pick up our third Premier League title in three seasons, with a nine point gap over United with ten games to go. Elsewhere Fulham are still enjoying a fantastic season but fourth place maybe a step to far, Newcastle having failed to turn their fortunes around and Blackpool look like they could set an all time low, for least points picked up in a Premier League season.

Name:	26.png
Views:	889
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	632706

Good games for us, winning all four is always good. We started off with some smashing wins against West Brom and Southampton, followed that up with a solid victory in Germany and finished it off with a close game against Hull, a game we should be winning more comfortably but still, it's a win. Next time we can win our first trophy of the season, by beating Tottenham in the Capital One Cup Final, there's also a Quarter Final FA Cup match against Swansea and the climax of our last 16 tie with Dortmund.

Name:	27.png
Views:	497
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	632709

4. Click image for larger version

Views:	544
ID:	634863
    Relegation struggler's QPR up next and we rotated the squad as much as possible ready for the Capital One Cup Final clash with Spurs. Solid performance and result to match from the team, we might of give them the odd chance but I didn't name the best possible starting eleven I could have so I sort of expected them to give us a little challenge. Sinclair was our star man, returning from his injury with one goal and one assist.

Name:	1.png
Views:	434
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	634866

Our derby rivals Everton sacked their manager Roberto Martinez, after their poor league form has seen them down near the relegation zone, he was replaced by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Name:	2.png
Views:	446
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	634869

Name:	3.png
Views:	426
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	634872

Name:	4.png
Views:	493
Size:	618.6 KB
ID:	634875

Unfortunately Jordan Henderson picked up an injury just before this game in training, keeping him out for a month. We deserved to win this but the ball just wouldn't go in, we managed to take the lead through a sloppy goal in the first half, Spurs equalised just before the break and it was back to square one.

Name:	6.png
Views:	430
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	634880

We pushed and pushed for the winner in the second half, eventually super sub Jordon Ibe converted with a brilliant finish. The team made it hard for themselves but as you can see from those stats, we definitely deserved the trophy and it's great to see us retain it, winning it three times in a row.

Name:	5.png
Views:	441
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	634878

Name:	7.png
Views:	418
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	634883

The same team that beat Spurs play here, just one tactical switch though, Sturridge and Suarez swap places, Suarez was hitting some form play up front but in recent games he's not been that great so Sturridge wins his place back. We dominated Swansea but we couldn't find the breakthrough, the second half came and Suarez and Sturridge combined to put us in front. I gave those two a rest and brought on Ibe and Sinclair and they also combined really well, both assisting each others goals. We certainly got the easier draw and I fancy our chances to reach the Final against Championship side Bolton.

Name:	8.png
Views:	438
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	634886

Name:	9.png
Views:	387
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	634889

Hector Herrera will serve his suspension in this one, after his frustrating sending off in the first game. We had the much better of the play here but we just couldn't find the net, it looked like that was how it was going to end, until late in the game when Mamadou Sakho score from a Luis Suarez free kick, deserved victory.

Views:	428
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	634892

Absolutely nothing wrong with those results, I don't think I can fault a single thing about these results, we possibly could have scored one or two more against Dortmund but they're a good side and we've got the job done, that's what matters. Next time we play nothing but league games, some tough ones away to Everton and Man City, while Fulham and Tottenham at home will be a decent tests.

Views:	420
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	634898
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liverpool FC Back to the Top-11.png  

5. Click image for larger version

Views:	594
ID:	635044
    Just a quick note before we start this update, the Champions League Quarter Final draw was announced and we face Newcastle, well I wasn't expecting that and I'm very confident we can progress to the Semis. The next fixtures I showed at the end of the last update have now been changed but I'll show you our results at the end of this update.

Views:	455
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	635029

Sterling comes back from injury, taking the place of the tired Luis Suarez. Fantastic result from the team, despite Everton being down close to the relegation zone, it was a tough match, they created plenty of chances and to be fair it was a really close match. 4-0 doesn't tell the whole story, the difference was our finishing was clinical and there's wasn't, particularly Raheem Sterling, who was brilliant.

Views:	447
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	635032

Not many changes for this one, in a game that I knew would be really difficult, we would have to work very hard to get anything out of it. Wow I certianly wasn't expecting that, we didn't deserve to win the game, City had bundles of chances and we didn't defend well at all, they were just poor at finishing. We were more clinical, Sterling had another brilliant game and a mistake from Joe Hart let Sinclair in to score the winner in added time.

ID:	635035

Henderson is back for this one, after returning from injury and he replaces Joe Allen. We dominated Newcastle and we had the chances to really take control of the tie, by scoring two or three but we couldn't manage it. Coutinho did manage to grab us a goal though and although I'm disappointed we didn't get another one, we didn't concede an away goal and we'll be taking a lead in to the second leg.

Views:	417
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	635038

I rotated almost the whole team here, with the league title almost wrapped up, we could afford to rest our star players ready for the second leg against Newcastle, despite the fact we were playing fifth place Fulham. I wasn't expecting our lads to perform so well out there, we took a deserved victory and although at times our defending was poor, I'm very happy with that result.

Views:	413
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	635041

Like I said before the title is almost wrapped up, with six games to go and a fourteen point gap, we need just four points from our last six games to lift the trophy for the third successive year. Elsewhere I can't believe what's going on at Newcastle, they'll need to do something quite incredible to get out of the relegation zone, before the end of the season but yet they're in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League facing Liverpool!

Views:	422
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	635045

Again I can't fault any of these results, the Fulham game surprised me that we played so well, we might of grabbed another goal against Newcastle and the away games against City and Everton are fantastic results. Next we've got a tough game In Newcastle with a place in the last four of the Champions League at stake and a big game against Bolton, playing at Wembley, we can get one step closer to the FA Cup.

Views:	400
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	635048

6. Click image for larger version

Views:	503
ID:	635312
    Henderson is banned, after picking up his third yellow card in Europe in the last European game, elsewhere I'm beginning to find it bit of a dilemma on who to select in those front three positions, Sturridge, Sterling, Suarez or Coutinho, Sturridge unfortunately misses out for this one. Wow what a dirty game, particularly from our team, really frustrating and we even got a man sent off, Yacob.

The negatives didn't end there we played poorly as well and scraped through to the Semis in a really close game. Despite being deservedly sent off in one of the biggest games of our season, Yacob didn't think he deserved to be fined. He can sit in the reserves for all I care, he's not had the greatest of seasons either, he'll probably be on his way out, this summer. I almost forget with all these drama we're through to the Semi Finals! We'll face a really tough tie against Chelsea next but it certainly could of been tougher, with United and Barca contesting the other Semi.

Views:	404
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	635315

Views:	354
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	635318

Bolton in the FA Cup Semi Final up next and there were quite a few players who needed a rest, we rotated the squad loads, with some of the youngsters getting a chance. Bolton made it difficult for us in the first half but we managed to make the breakthrough just before the break, from a Daniel Sturridge header. Richardson got himself sent off in the second half and we cruised to victory, with Jordin Ibe adding the second, Tottenham await in the final.

Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	635321

A warm up to the FA Cup Final at Anfield now, as we face Spurs at home and the big names come back in to the side. A rare goal from Joe Allen saw us take the lead, before Sinclair came on to make it two and that was game over. We absolutely slaughtered Spurs and they barely had a shot, hopefully that'll be a sign of things to come as we face them for the second time, in the second domestic final of the season. Unfortunately Sturridge picked up any injury keeping him out for two weeks.

Views:	403
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	635324

Plenty of rotation for this one as we rest the big boys for the Champions League game against Chelsea up next, Sturridge will miss that game. A point here would win us the title but we managed to surprisingly take all three, it was a really close match but an incredible Ryan Shawcross volley was the difference. We lift the title for the third successive season and with four games to go!

Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	635327

Views:	378
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	635330

More good news for the club as Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard finally agrees to join my coaching team, he's got a 4/5 star rating in ball control. After I'd approached him about ten times since he retired last year, he just didn't want to talk to me but he's come round and I'm very happy to have him.

Views:	439
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	635333

We started off this update with a poor draw away to Newcastle, a really dirty game that we should be winning but we kicked on with impressive victories over Bolton and Tottenham and finished by just about seeing off Aston Villa. Next time the season is come to a climax and there's still plenty to play for, with a Champions League Semi Final tie against Chelsea and the FA Cup Final against Tottenham to come.

Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	635336

7. Click image for larger version

Views:	483
ID:	635993
    The big players come back in for this one, unfortunately our captain Mamadou Sakho and young Sam Byram are banned though. What a display from the team, we battered Chelsea and we were cruising to victory, after we were 3-0 up at half time. Our second half wasn't good enough though, we defended poorly and handed them an away goal but we do take a commanding lead in to the second leg.

Views:	373
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	635996

What a great fixture to have between our Champions League Semi Final matches, in thirty four league fixtures, Blackpool have managed only four points and not a single win so of course I was going to rotate. We completely dominated them and you won't hear me say this very often but I was disappointed with only three goals, it could of been so many more. Sinclair was the star man, grabbing himself two goals.

Views:	398
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	635999

Unfortunately Daniel Sturridge can't make a return for this game but apart from that we have a full strength side and the regular names come back in to the side. Wow, I certainly wasn't expecting the team to do that, we were so clinical in front of goal, particularly Raheem Sterling who continued his fantastic season with two more goals.

Chelsea on the other hand did have chances but we matched them and they were very wasteful in front of goal. Can't believe we're through 6-2 on aggregate, in the other Semi Final, Barcelona beat United on away goals and that'll be a really tough game in the final. Coutinho picked up an injury that will keep him out for three weeks, unfortunately he'll miss the FA Cup Final against Tottenham but he should be back for the last game of the season, the Champions League final against Barcelona.

Views:	383
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	636002

We've already won the league so with three games left of the league season, we can afford to give our star men, two weeks off, ready and refreshed for those big final games of the season. Really good display from the lads, Norwich got a real beating and Sturridge with two assists and Sinclair with two goals were the key men on the day.

Views:	361
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	636005

We conceded some goals against Chelsea, which were pretty much unstoppable to be fair but apart from that it's been a near perfect run for the team, we slaughtered Chelsea to reach the final of the Champions League and twelve goals in four games is a great return. Next time we'll play some youngsters in our last two league fixtures and then we have the two biggest games of our season, the FA Cup Final against Tottenham and then a colossus game against Barcelona, in the Champions League Final, I can't wait!

Views:	381
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	636008

8. updateeee!

9. btw, can you share your tactic, so people can download it?

10. Quote Originally Posted by MartinFalkenberg View Post
    updateeee!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinFalkenberg View Post
    btw, can you share your tactic, so people can download it?
    I'll try and get an update out before the football starts and here's my tactics. I Change the wide players to whatever suits the player best and I've been tinkering quite a lot recently.

433 overload.tac
    433 control.tac

11. Click image for larger version

Views:	2235
ID:	637437
    Almost unchanged sides for our last two league games of the season, most of the players involved were rotators and youngsters, although Sturridge was getting plenty of game time, getting himself back to match fitness. Solid team performance against Sunderland, we got the win but nobody stood out. In Cardiff it proved to be a different story, a close game that we edged and won in the end, with a goal from Lloyd Jones and yet another from Sinclair.

Views:	595
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	637422

Views:	583
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	637425

We beat Uniteds record of twenty league titles by securing our twenty first! Can't tell you how much this made me smile, hopefully Liverpool we'll beat this record some day in real life.

Views:	569
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	637428

One of the biggest games of our season up next and we could approach it with plenty of confidence, we've already beaten Tottenham recently in the league and we beat them a few months back, in the other domestic cup, the Capital One Cup. The lines up were announced and I certainly think their defence can be exploited but they have some dangerous players in attack.

Views:	629
Size:	637.7 KB
ID:	637431

We were cruising to victory in the first half, Santon scored a brilliant goal to opening the score, a rare goal for him and Daniel Sturridge made it two just before half time. Spurs started to create the odd chance but we defended well, Sturridge made it three but was wrongly flagged for offside but Luis Suarez added to his two assists with a goal, late on from substitute Jordon Ibe's cross.

Views:	590
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	637434

Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	637447

Fantastic performance from the lads and that sees us lift the trophy for the second time in as many years, I knew if we played our game we would win and we've done that, the FA Cup is coming back to Liverpool! Not only did we hammer Spurs, just look at those stats, we also cost them their manager, he was immediately sacked after the match and Marco Van Basten replaces him.

Views:	564
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	637450

Views:	594
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	637453

Views:	561
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	637456

Now we have the biggest game of the season, the biggest game of my time at Liverpool and the bigggest game the club has played in over a century. Only Barcelona stood in our way of a sixth Champions League trophy, only? It would be really tough to beat them, I mean just look at the stars in their team! Coutinho was fit enough to play for this one but his match fitness wasn't great, he'll be on the bench. Nobody had a bad game against Spurs, so the same eleven come out for this one.

Views:	628
Size:	751.9 KB
ID:	637459

To my surprise we dominated the first half and some how went in one each, Sterling made a good run out wide, crossing for Luis Suarez to fire home, Barca then caught us on the counter, with the pace of Neymar and they levelled the game. Sinclair came on in the second half and he was our super sub, he made the difference! Laying in Sterling to give us the lead back before his pace and power was to much late in the game, as he took on three players and finished brilliantly.

Views:	592
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	637462

Views:	590
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	637464

Absolutely fantastic! We've done it, we've won the Champions League and it feels great, the one trophy I really wanted this year and now we've got it! That's our fourth trophy this season, as we celebrate a quadruple, just look at those stats, I was expecting a close game but it didn't happen, credit has to go to our players.

Views:	548
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	637467

Next time we'll take a closer look at the great performers over the previous season with player stats, player awards, team of the seasons and my awards for the team.
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 14/07/2014 at 12:05 AM.
    coolmcool likes this.

12. Click image for larger version

Views:	632
ID:	639533
    Tottenham's Norton London rivals also look for a new manager after Arsene Wenger somehow doesn't get the sack, he instead retires from football, Vicente Del Bosque takes over at Arsenal.

Views:	557
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	639536

Views:	545
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	639539

Raheem Sterling managed to pick up the Players Player of the Year, after a fantastic season in the red of Liverpool but he missed out on the Footballer of the Year to Juan Mata. Mignolet was solid in our goal and he won the Golden Glove award yet again, while Coutinho had another fantastic season picking up the Players Young Player of the Year. I managed to win Manager of the Year for the third successive season.

Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	639545

Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	639542

Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	639548

Views:	600
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	639550

Views:	526
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	639553

As for the Team of the Year awards, we had more players than any other side in the Champions League and Barclays Premier League Team of the Year, seven domestically and six in Europe. Player stats for the Premier League now and Sinclair managed to get himself in to the top five of the top goalscorers in the league, Sterling did well coming in fifth place on the assists chart and he also won the most player of the match awards tied with Juan Mata. Elsewhere Mignolet had the most clean sheets by five and we had three out of the top five, in the average ratings chart.

Views:	527
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	639556

Views:	526
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	639559

Views:	543
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	639562

As for my awards for the season, well there was plenty of great performers this year in another really successful season. We'll start off with our Young Player of the Season, Coutinho, Byram, Doria and even Jordon Ibe all deserve a mention after really good seasons from them but it has to be a two horse race between Sinclair and Sterling. I've gone for Sterling just, although he played more I feel like he did it more in the big games, although to be fair a lot of the big games Sinclair sat out, he's still a young lad at just 19. Anyway Sterling was fantastic, this season and he contributed with some really big assists and goals.

Name:	s1.png
Views:	549
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	639585

On to my Player of the Season now and three of my defenders all get a mention here, Santon and Shawcross have been here before but Bertrand had a really good season by his standards, he wasn't shy to get forward and contributed with eight assists, great return for a full back. Again it's between two names for this award, Suarez and Sterling and as Sterling won the last award, you've probably already guessed that I've gone for Suarez. What a player, one of the best in the world. He's had another fantastic season and it's sad to see him leave... in real life.

Name:	s2.png
Views:	502
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	639588

As you can see I've made the odd change to my usual format of posting, I'll be making a few more over the next few updates. Also I'm not doing the player by player, season reviews any more. It's really time consuming, it slows the story down and if I'm honest, I was hoping for a bit of positive feedback on it but I guess it wasn't one of my better ideas. Anyway here's how our whole squad performed over the last season, in order of appearances. I can throw up some screenshots and drop a few lines about any players you're interested in, just let me know.

Views:	544
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	639565

Next time there's news on the progress and the future of the club, there's big players coming in and huge players going out, as well as a previous player and fan favourite, returning to the club, for a second spell as a player!
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 15/07/2014 at 11:21 AM.

13. Click image for larger version

Views:	568
ID:	640506
    First off we're now free of all of debts and can approach the future with great optimism. The future was immediately looking bright as the board handed us 100M and 400k wages to spend in the transfer market, I was hoping for plenty of money because this year, I'm going to spend big.

Views:	443
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	640489

More news on the progress and future of this great club now, as you can see winning the Champions League has seen us storm up the European charts of the richest and the most reputable teams in the world, we're now second in both charts! Elsewhere I managed to sign a new one year contract extension with the board at Liverpool, I'm sure the players will appreciate that.

Views:	474
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	640495

Views:	468
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	640492

Views:	454
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	640498

Now let's move on to transfers and compared to last year we've been really busy, the former Liverpool man and fan favourite who makes his return, is Javier Mascherano. After a fallout with Claudio Yacob and his average season, Javier will come in to replace him and hopefully he'll be great for the second time, a proper defensive midfielder for a bargain price of 3M and I can't wait to see him play. There was quite a few regens coming in, who I think all have a great future, unfortunately we couldn't afford Dos Santos this year, so he comes in on loan.

Views:	506
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	640501

Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	640504

Views:	471
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	640509

Ryan Shawcross was shown the door despite being a fantastic servant for us, Lloyd Jones great progress will see him move forward to be our third choice centre back, while we also have a fourth choice centre back in young regen Callum West. There was huge money spent on Gino Peruzzi to replace the ageing Glen Johnson who we couldn't seem to find a club but the window is still open. Anyway Gino is one of the best right backs in the game and that should be a great signing.

Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	640512

Views:	505
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	640515

Simon Mignolet like Shawcross is another player who has been great for us but I always had one problem with him, his composure wasn't top class and despite another great season, he did make the odd mistake last year. His replacement is Bernd Leno, i wanted a top quality keeper with a bit more composure on the ball and he certianly fits that bill, his deal saw Yacob got the other way to Monaco.

Views:	887
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	640518

Elsewhere, I wanted to give young regen Andrew Simpson plenty of game time in the reserve team, so Ryan Fulton goes out on loan. With Harry Wilson ahead of him in the team, who himself hardly gets a game, Sergi Canos was let go, he had a long term injury of four months last season and his progress hit a wall as a result, other players on the way out were deadwood, I was happy to get rid of.

Views:	506
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	640501

Next time we kick off the season, with a tough start in the Community Sheild against who else but our bitter rivals, Man United and the tough games don't stop there. We've got a difficult start to our league campaign with away games against Villa and Spurs, as well as Man City come to Anfield and we'll finish with another chance to win more silverware, against Arsenal in the European Super Cup.

Views:	453
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	640526

14. I didn't comment on it beause i didn't want to disrupt the flow of the story, but i loved the player by player review! I do understand how time consuming it is, but would love to see Jerome Sinclair's stats, what a season for him! Great signings too, Peruzzi is probably the best right back on the game. Mascherano is a realistic signing too and i never realised how good his mentals are, keep it up!
    MisterObjective likes this.

15. Quote Originally Posted by SFolio View Post
    I didn't comment on it beause i didn't want to disrupt the flow of the story, but i loved the player by player review! I do understand how time consuming it is, but would love to see Jerome Sinclair's stats, what a season for him! Great signings too, Peruzzi is probably the best right back on the game. Mascherano is a realistic signing too and i never realised how good his mentals are, keep it up!
    Thanks man, really appreciate that. Here's a screenshot of Jerome Sinclair, his progress hasn't been amazing but it's been solid and he's still only young. Fantastic season from him and he even broke in to the England team recently as well and he doesn't seem fazed in the slightest by the pressure, scoring six in eight games, massive future ahead for him! I've got big hopes for both Peruzzi and Mascherano, hopefully they'll do the business. Be sure to drop me a like if you don't want to disrupt the flow of the story, it lets me know people are enjoying the story and motivates me to keep posting.

Views:	426
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	641446
    SFolio likes this.

16. Click image for larger version

Views:	487
ID:	642302
    What a performance from the lads and a great way to start our season, Mascherano looked like he'd never been away and it was an unlikely man who stole the show. Joe Allen with a surprising header put us infront, Suarez also played well, taking advantage of Phil Jones error just before the break, before Allen put the game to bed with a sloppy goal. Despite the score line, it was a close game but we just finishing our chances, Bernd Leno had a solid debut.

Views:	381
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	642305

Views:	409
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	642308

Barclays Premier League - Tottenham 2-2 Liverpool

Name:	91.png
Views:	449
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	642311

Barclays Premier League - Aston Villa 0-3 Liverpool

Name:	92.png
Views:	451
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	642314

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 1-0 Man City

Name:	93.png
Views:	477
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	642317

The Draw for the Capital One Cup third round was drawn and we got a decent draw, playing an away game against newly promoted Premier League opposition, Leicester City. Elsewhere in the bigger draw and one of the biggest and most exciting of the season, we'll play Atletico, FC Porto and Viktoria Pizen in the Champions League Group Stage. After winning the competition last year and rightly being moved to first seeds, we certainly could of got an easier draw but I'm still very confident, that we can top that group.

Views:	518
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	642318

Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	642321

Another solid performance from the team as we take our second trophy of the season, in just five games. We fully deserved it and perhaps could have scored one or two more goals. We were cruising in the first half but a a goal from old boy Ryan Shawcross, let Arsenal back in to the match but we managed to hold out for the victory. Suarez was the star man, scoring a goal and assisting for our other.

Views:	459
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	642324

Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	642327

Great month for the team, we've started our season really well, winning two trophies, the Community Shield and the European Super Cup in just a matter of weeks. There was also a good win at home to City and a tight game against Spurs, we were struggled playing away from home. Next month we kick off our Champions League campaign with games against Porto and Atletico and there's a tough game in the league, when Chelsea come to Anfield.

Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	642330
    SFolio likes this.

17. Let me know what you think about the new format of my updates, would love some feedback.

18. Looking good, however 47 million for Peruzzi is a bit of a over spend me thinks.

19. Quote Originally Posted by LovanoFM View Post
    Looking good, however 47 million for Peruzzi is a bit of a over spend me thinks.
    Thanks man. Ye I'd agree with that, he was at City though and of course they're going to demand a high asking price. Position for position I'm really happy with my squad and to really upgrade on the replacement of a player, I'm having to bring in superstars, for big money. I've probably over spent on a few others in the last two windows as well, Doria and Herrera come to mind, even Beno, when you consider that Yacob went the other way, who would of fetched 10M, that deal came to nearly 40M. Still if you've got the money, why not spend it.

20. Click image for larger version

Views:	456
ID:	642416
    My bad, I forgot to mention at the end of the last update, that George Throne moved on to Arsenal, for 9.5M. He didn't cut it for us, generally playing poorly over his two seasons with the club. I wished him luck in the future but he threw it back in my face, I'm curious to see how he develops, after that conversation. Anyway I'd been trying to get rid of him all summer and his replacement was sorted weeks ago, in young regen Dos Santos.

Name:	B.png
Views:	376
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	642422

Name:	A.png
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	642419

Barclays Premier League - Hull 1-3 Liverpool

Views:	354
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	642425

UEFA Champions League Group Stage - Liverpool 3-0 F.C. Porto

Views:	369
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	642428

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea

Views:	343
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	642431

Capital One Cup Third Round - Leicester 0-2 Liverpool

Views:	349
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	642434

We'll face a difficult trip to Stoke in the Fourth Round.

Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	642437

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 3-1 Swansea

Views:	347
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	642440

UEFA Champions League Group Stage - Atletico 0-2 Liverpool

Views:	390
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	642445

Fantastic months for the lads, we've won all six games and we never looked like drawing a game, let alone losing, that win against our rivals Chelsea was massive and very satisfying victory. In the Champions League our two main threats have been brushed aside with ease and I'll be looking to rotate, giving one or two youngsters a game or two in the remaining group stage matches. Next time we'll look to continue our good start to the season and unbeaten run, the only big game is against derby rivals Everton and Anfield though.

Views:	352
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	642443
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 18/07/2014 at 01:03 PM.
    coolmcool likes this.

21. Hi, Tactic looks awesome! Is there download link for me to download it??

22. Quote Originally Posted by lukeyb123 View Post
    Hi, Tactic looks awesome! Is there download link for me to download it??
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterObjective View Post
    I'll try and get an update out before the football starts and here's my tactics. I Change the wide players to whatever suits the player best and I've been tinkering quite a lot recently.

Attachment 637332
    Attachment 637335
    I posted that a few days ago, haven't made any changes since, thanks for following!

23. great story mate im following keep it up

24. Quote Originally Posted by Dannybell2010 View Post
    great story mate im following keep it up
    Thanks man, they'll be an update out shortly.

25. Click image for larger version

Views:	2075
ID:	643418
    Barclays Premier League - Southampton 1-2 Liverpool

Views:	385
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	643403

Barclays Premier League - Middlesbrough 1-5 Liverpool

Views:	401
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	643406

UEFA Champions League Group Stage - Liverpool 3-0 Viktoria Pizen

Views:	383
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	643409

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 2-0 Leicester

Views:	385
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	643412

Had to drop a few lines about this game, we had an incredible twenty nine shots but managed only four shots on target. Some terrible finishing, really wasteful from the team but we managed to win in the end, going all the way to penalties, big problems for the next game now, against Rivals Everton, there's loads of tired legs in the side. We'll play Norwich at Anfield, in the Quarter Finals.

Views:	369
ID:	643415

Views:	355
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	643421

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 2-0 Everton

Views:	363
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	643424

We're three months in the season and with ten games played in the league, we can get a good look at what kind of season it's going to be. Unsurprisingly it looks like it's going to be another great one for the red side of Liverpool, although Everton are doing well, considering their recent seasons. Elsewhere Cardiff are the surprise package, so far this season.

Views:	403
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	643427

Good solid month from the lads, we started with a hard fought victory over the Saints, continued with some fantastic wins in the league and in Europe. Of course though, the game against Stoke was the big disappointment, despite winning on penalties, we had plenty of chances to win the game, we ended the month with a solid victory over derby rivals, Everton. Next month there's plenty of big games, as we travel to London to face the Gunners, fierce rivals United come to Anfield and we'll conclude our Champions League group stage matches.

Views:	372
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	643430
    SFolio, LovanoFM and julebokk353 like this.

26. Click image for larger version

Views:	430
ID:	644473
    UEFA Champions League Group Stage - Viktoria Pizen 1-3 Liverpool

Views:	336
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	644458

Barclays Premier League - Arsenal 1-2 Liverpool

Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	644461

Good and bad news for the club, we'll start off with the good news, our youth and training facilities having both been upgraded, our training facilities are now at 5/5 stars, the best possible facilities we can have and right up there with all the other massive clubs. The bad news is that Luis Suarez, our most influential player, picked up an injury on international duty, keeping him out for three weeks but the really bad news is that Jordan Henderson also picked up an injury on international duty and he's out for three months! That could cause us some problems now, both of them are very important players for us.

Views:	302
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	644464

Views:	326
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	644467

Views:	342
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	644470

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United

Views:	326
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	644474

UEFA Champions League Group Stage - F.C. Porto 2-0 Liverpool

Views:	329
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	644477

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 1-0 Fulham

Views:	320
ID:	644480

UEFA Champions League Group Stage - Liverpool 4-0 Atletico

Views:	346
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	644483

We top our Champions League group with ease, only losing the one game, away to Porto, surprisingly it was Viktoria Pizen who advance in to the next round and second seeds Atletico finished in last place.

Views:	325
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	644486

Solid month from the boys, there was some impressive and very important wins at the start of the month beating both Arsenal and Man United, unfortunately we followed that up with our first loss of the season. It was a close game in Portugal, against Porto, I did play some youngsters but we didn't deserve to lose 2-0, we could of quite easily of nicked it. We managed to get straight back to winning ways though, just about beating Fulham and then slaughtering Atletico. Next month the games come thick and fast over the busy festive period, we're coming towards the business end of the Capital One Cup and we'll see how we fare in the Club World Championship.

Views:	343
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	644489
    LovanoFM likes this.

27. The Liverpool, Man united game hahaha, Pure rivalry! Nice going so far

28. Quote Originally Posted by jdenzy View Post
    The Liverpool, Man united game hahaha, Pure rivalry! Nice going so far
    I know right! We actually got fined 25k for getting six yellow cards in one match, that's pocket change to us but I was a bit annoyed to be honest, there's nothing wrong with getting stuck in!

29. Click image for larger version

Views:	387
ID:	644884
    Man City sacked their man at the top, Diego Simeone, after a really poor start to their season, Antonio Conte takes his place.

Views:	314
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	644887

Views:	308
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	644890

Barclays Premier League - West Brom 0-2 Liverpool

Views:	288
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	644893

Barclays Premier League - Cardiff 2-3 Liverpool

Views:	291
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	644896

Club World Championship - ES Tunis 0-3 Liverpool

Views:	305
ID:	644899

Club World Championship - Gremio 0-1 Liverpool

Views:	295
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	644900

Views:	271
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	644903

Capital One Cup Quarter Final - Liverpool 3-0 Norwich

Views:	284
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	644906

I wanted to wait and see if we got through against Norwich before I talked about any draws, we cruised pasted Norwich and we'll face Fulham in the Semi Finals. I've very happy with that, considering the other semi has the two Manchester clubs in it. Now on to the big draw and Liverpool will face Shakhtar in the last 16 of the Champions League, definitely another good draw for us, very confident we can progress again there.

Views:	256
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	644909

Views:	301
ID:	644912

Barclays Premier League - Stoke 0-0 Liverpool

Views:	290
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	644915

Barclays Premier League - Norwich 1-3 Liverpool

Views:	312
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	644917

Were still sitting nicely at the top of the table, despite that disappointing draw to Stoke, we can go nine points clear of our closest challenger Chelsea if we win both of our games in hand. United have dropped off in recent months and Cardiff and Everton are still going strong, this season.

Views:	296
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	644920

Another really solid month from the lads, Cardiff gave us a good game early in the month but we just about came out on top, elsewhere in the Club World Championship we do brilliantly to lift the trophy for only the second time in our history, although we might of scored a few more goals. The one big frustration this month, was of course that away draw in Stoke, they played well but we could and should of won that game. Next month there's no rest for the wicked, they'll be no resting as we play eight games in a busy January, including Fulham in the Capital One Cup, a tough opening game in the FA Cup against Arsenal and some big games in the league against Tottenham and City.

Views:	299
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	644923

30. Nice going again, Club world Championship is always nice to add, Should make the final of the cup and top of the league with games in hand, going fantastic!

31. Click image for larger version

Views:	3348
ID:	645714
    The board gave me extra transfer money, a few months back, with the club in such a strong financial position. Remember me saying that we didn't have the money to sign Jeremy Dos Santos, well now we do and it couldn't come at a better time with Lyon manager, Remi Garde, moaning at me every other week, that he's not getting enough game time. We signed him up straight away, 16.5M is a lot of money for a youngster but he's already progressing well in training and it won't be long before he gets some more chances in the first team.

Views:	600
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	645699

Views:	615
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	645702

Just a quick note on another young lad, Jordan Rossiter, still only 19 but look at those attributes! His progress in training in the last year has been quite extraordinary, he's been getting plenty of game time this season as well. He's got it all, the only thing he's missing, is a face. if he continues like this, he could be world class, in just a few years time.

Views:	621
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	645705

Capital One Cup Semi Final First Leg - Fulham 0-1 Liverpool

Views:	587
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	645708

FA Cup Third Round - Liverpool 3-0 Arsenal

Views:	584
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	645711

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 4-1 Tottenham

Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	645716

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 1-0 Aston Villa

Views:	584
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	645719

Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg - Liverpool 3-0 Fulham

Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	645722

Views:	552
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	645725

FA Cup Fourth Round - Liverpool 4-0 West Brom

Views:	573
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	645728

Views:	589
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	645731

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland

Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	645732

Barclays Premier League - Swansea 0-1 Liverpool

Views:	576
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	645735

Perfect month for us, we won all eight games, scoring plenty of goals and only conceding the one goal. There was some fantastic wins over Arsenal in the FA Cup and Tottenham in the league, we white washed Fulham 4-0 on aggregate in the Capital One Cup Semi Finals as well. Next time we're back in the Champions League playing Shakhtar in the Last 16, there's a big derby game against Everton and we'll play Man City in the Capital One Cup Final.

Views:	570
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	645738

32. Click image for larger version

Views:	919
ID:	646090
    Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 2-0 Southampton

ID:	646093

UEFA Champions League Last 16 First Leg - Shakhtar 3-2 Liverpool

Views:	545
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	646096

FA Cup Fifth Round - Norwich 0-2 Liverpool

Views:	560
ID:	646099

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 4-1 West Ham

Views:	531
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	646102

Barclays Premier League - Leicester 0-1 Liverpool

Views:	546
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	646105

Barclays Premier League - Everton 0-1 Liverpool

ID:	646114

Capital One Cup Final - Liverpool 2-0 Man City

Views:	531
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	646117

Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	646120

Our fourth trophy of the season and we're only in February. I couldn't believe my eyes when I was given the opportunity to announce myself as the special one, I literally laughed out loud, very loud. I was going to credit my players but I just couldn't resist, Jose Mourinho eat your heart out! Henri James is the special one now. I'm now in the European Hall of Fame, ahead of greats Brian Clough and Walter Smith. I'm coming for you, Jose! The greatest manager of all time, Alex Ferguson, his record is quite something and it will take a long long time to get anywhere near him.

Views:	546
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	646123

Views:	566
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	646126

The League is almost wrapped up for another year for Liverpool, we're nine points clear of Chelsea, with two games in hand so I think I'm going to play a few of the youngsters in our remaining league games. Everton are still going strong this season, despite losing to us and Man City are all the way down in eleventh!

Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	646129

There was mostly solid results this month particularly against City and Everton but there was the odd poor performance, despite winning the game, we really should of wrapped the game against Norwich up much earlier and there was some really wasteful finishing against Leicester, that saw us only win by one goal.

The big shock was that away defeat against Shakhtar though, I think I under estimated them, I put our match preparation to attacking movement and I expected a slim away win. We did score two away goals though and with just the one goal lead for them, we should finish the job at Anfield. We'll find out next month as we start the month against them, then the games against City keep on coming as well play them twice and there's also big games against Arsenal and Man United.

Views:	543
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	646131

33. Click image for larger version

Views:	702
ID:	646604
    UEFA Champions League Last 16 Second Leg - Liverpool 3-0 Shakhtar

Views:	528
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	646607

Jordon Ibe picked up an injury keeping him out for nearly two months, not a major problem, considering he's not a first team player, more of a back up player but it's never good seeing a player get injured, particularly for more than a month, as players attributes decrease very quickly when they're injured.

Name:	28.png
Views:	524
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	646610

FA Cup Quarter Final - Liverpool 3-1 Man City

Name:	29.png
Views:	529
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	646613

Name:	30.png
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	646616

Barclays Premier League - Man City 1-1 Liverpool

Name:	31.png
Views:	517
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	646619

A good point in Manchester there but I wanted to talk a little about Mascherano, frustratingly he got himself sent off and he'll be banned for our next three games and his seventh game this season. Perhaps surprisingly it's the first time he's been sent off this season but he's already racked up seventeen yellow cards in thirty six games.

Don't get me wrong for the most part he's been really solid but the guy is a complete animal, still there's nothing wrong with getting stuck in, I just wish he didn't pick up so many cards. Elsewhere the draw for the Champions League Quarter Final was made and we play Man City, yes, again. On a side note, Viktoria Pizen, from our group, somehow beat A.C. Milan 3-0 on aggregate, what a shock! they'll face Ajax in the Quarters.

Name:	32.png
Views:	523
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	646622

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 1-0 Arsenal

Name:	33.png
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	646625

Barclays Premier League - Man United 0-1 Liverpool

Name:	34.png
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	646628

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 5-0 Hull City

Name:	35.png
Views:	529
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	646631

Almost a perfect month for the team, I can't really fault any of the performances. We started the month with fantastic wins over Shakhtar and City, we then went on to grab a good point away in Manchester and I was surprised we fortunately took all three just across Manchester at Old Trafford but I'll take it. Next month we've got a really busy month, with more games against Man City, this time in the Champions League Quarter Final. There's action at Wembley, as we play Wigan in the Semi Finals of the FA Cup and we need to catch up on our league games.

Name:	36.png
Views:	534
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	646634

34. Click image for larger version

Views:	636
ID:	647671
    Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 4-0 West Brom

Views:	489
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	647674

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final First Leg - Man City 0-1 Liverpool

Views:	478
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	647677

Views:	487
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	647680

FA Cup Semi Final - Wigan 0-2 Liverpool

Views:	479
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	647683

Views:	446
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	647686

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Second Leg - Liverpool 0-2 Man City

Views:	475
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	647689

What a shocker! I can't believe we've lost that game, after securing a fantastic away win I was confident of winning again at home by at least a goal or two but our lads just didn't turn up. It was a close match in truth but we let City have far too much of the ball and they were much more clinical in front of goal. I'm so shocked and disappointed, we were in excellent form and that loss came out of nowhere.

Barclays Premier League - West Ham 0-1 Liverpool

Views:	500
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	647692

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 2-1 Cardiff

Views:	472
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	647695

Views:	452
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	647698

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 2-0 Norwich

Views:	468
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	647701

Barclays Premier League - Chelsea 1-4 Liverpool

Views:	474
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	647704

Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 1-0 Stoke

Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	647723

Despite winning all but one of our games this month, the one game we lost puts a damper on the month. It was of course that 2-0 defeat to Man City, at Anfield in the Champions League. It's disappointing not to get closer to back to back Champions Leagues but we've won every other trophy and there's always next year. Although the league was wrapped up for another year, there was a brilliant victory over our rivals Chelsea and we're on course for an unbeaten season in the league, can we become the new invincibles?

We'll find out with three fairly easy games left in the Premier League and we've also got the FA Cup Final to look forward to. We will also take a final look at the league table, we'll see how our players performed over the last season and how they ranked up against the leagues best and Europe's finest.

Views:	481
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	647709
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liverpool FC Back to the Top-12.png  
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 23/07/2014 at 12:10 PM.

35. Apologies for the Stoke result at the end of the month, I had to update my laptop last night and I forgot to save the game, I'd already put the finishing touches on the update, ready to post today but of course I had to play the match again. I've then forget to change the screenshot and scoreline. The attached screenshot at the bottom of the page was the game I played last night and the one in the update was the one I played today, that I had to replay, sorry for any confusion.

36. Click image for larger version

Views:	541
ID:	650838
    Barclays Premier League - Liverpool 4-0 Middlesbrough

Views:	406
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	650823

FA Cup Final - Liverpool 2-0 Fulham

Views:	409
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	650826

Views:	417
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	650829

Barclays Premier League - Fulham 0-3 Liverpool

Views:	401
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	650832

Barclays Premier League - Sunderland 0-2 Liverpool

Views:	404
ID:	650835

Views:	436
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	650846

The Champions League final between Bayern and PSG, came in the final game of the season and it was PSG who took our crown and lifted the biggest club trophy of them all.

Views:	432
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	650849

A final look at the league table looks incredibly for Liverpool, a massive twenty four points clear of Chelsea and we've gone the whole season unbeaten in the league, this team is now one of the invincible sides. Absolutely brilliant achievement!

Views:	450
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	650852

It was a great way to end the season for us as we scored plenty of goals, didn't concede any and most importantly we lifted our sixth trophy of the season, the FA Cup. Despite winning six trophies, it was the big one we missed out on, crashing out of the Champions League against Man City. Hopefully we can do better next season. Next time we'll take a look at all the end of season awards, player stats and my awards for the players.

Views:	396
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	650855
    SFolio and julebokk353 like this.

37. Conn's Avatar Conn
    Star Player
    Great Story man!

I never knew the Jordan's could become so good, need to work more on them on my saves :p

Looking forward for next update!

Here are some questions:

Conn - TuttoSports

1. Why did you chose to run AP on the AML/AMR positions considering most tactics/managers this year run with IF or wingers, and how does it influence you're offencive play?

2. Regarding tactics, are we going to see some changes considering the opponents tend to "crack" the code?

3. Winning throphies like a madman, how has this influenced you're personal life? Do you get a lot of fans walking up to you on the street and sutch?

Thank you for the time.

38. Quote Originally Posted by Conn View Post
    Great Story man!

I never knew the Jordan's could become so good, need to work more on them on my saves :p

Looking forward for next update!

Here are some questions:

Conn - TuttoSports

1. Why did you chose to run AP on the AML/AMR positions considering most tactics/managers this year run with IF or wingers, and how does it influence you're offencive play?

2. Regarding tactics, are we going to see some changes considering the opponents tend to "crack" the code?

3. Winning throphies like a madman, how has this influenced you're personal life? Do you get a lot of fans walking up to you on the street and sutch?

Thank you for the time.

Ye the Jordan's have been bossing the midfield even Jordon Ibe has looked decent on the wing.

Well, although the default on my tactic uses advanced play maker, I did say when I posted the tactic that I change the wingers roles to suit them. Firstly an AP with the support duty would be instructed to play creative through balls, requiring excellent decisions, composure, creativity, technique, passing, first touch and teamwork, where as an AP with the attack duty, would not only do this, he would also dribble at the oppositions defence, requiring excellent strength, pace, balance, agility, acceleration, decisions and dribbling. The idea is that I like my wingers to have these attributes but if they don't have the attributes to play "creative through balls", I try to use them as either inside forwards or wingers, depending on their favoured position(s) and their preferred foot. For example a player with a very strong right foot that is naturally a left winger, I'd use as an inside forward, on the left side.

39. Click image for larger version

ID:	662314
    Firstly the domestic awards were announced, Hazard won the the FWA Footballer of the Year, while surprisingly Suarez won the PFA Player of the Year. It was Jordan Rhodes who ran away with the Golden Boot, Coutinho won his second consecutive PFA Young Player of the Year, while Sterling came in second. Bernd Leno come out as the clear winner of the Golden Glove award with 24 clean sheets and only 16 goals conceded and after a season like that I was always going to win Manager of the Year.

Views:	323
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	662311

Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	662308

Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	662305

Views:	310
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	662302

Views:	294
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	662299

Views:	298
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	662317

As for the Team of the Year, well there was six Liverpool players there, more than any other club. As for the Champions League, well we dropped out at the Quarter Final stage so there was only Raheem Sterling who made this one.

Views:	297
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	662320

Views:	264
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	662323

There's only really two names you can mention for my Player of the Year, Luis Suarez of course is one of them. Yet again he's had another fantastic season, scoring and assisting and proving he's top quality. It has to go to Gino Peruzzi though, his average rating and just general consistency has been absolutely incredible. He's definitely the best right backs I've used.

Views:	279
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	662326

Views:	240
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	662329

Sinclair, Doria and Rossiter all deserve a mention for my Young Player of the Year award but it has to go to Raheem Sterling, another fantastic season from this young man, he's slowly becoming one of the best in the world, he even beat Luis Suarez to the number one spot in shirt sales.

Views:	640
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	662332

Views:	249
ID:	662334

Views:	270
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	662337

So you probably guessed with the lack of updates recently, this story has unfortunately come to an end. I'll be completely honest, I just lost interest in the save, we'd managed to win everything and the team was stacked but a big reason was the fact that I literally couldn't sell anyone. I mean I tried to move Daniel Sturridge on, nobody would even take him on a free, a player with a 30M value and a scoring record of 95 goals in 157 starts.

Views:	249
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	662340

The idea was to let Sinclair be my man main up front, I couldn't even sell one of the best players in the world, Luis Suarez. Anyway I've really enjoyed this story and thanks for all your support along the way, I'm pretty bored with FM atm so it's unlikely I'll start a new story before FM15 comes out but look out for a new story from me when FM15 drops, in a couple of months time. I'll leave you with my best eleven, over four years with Liverpool and a couple of nice screenshots from our youngsters, let me know if I missed anyone out.

Views:	256
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	662343

Views:	251
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	662346

Views:	260
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	662349

Views:	236
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	662350

Name:	28.png
Views:	210
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	662353
    SFolio likes this.

40. The screenshots at the end are, in order from top to bottom, Will Hughes, Jeremy Dos Santos, Jerome Sinclair, Jordan Rossiter and a new signing Alex Casas.

41. Stunning story man, one of my favourites ever! I get where you're coming from, i haven't played FM for around a month and have no desire to go back to it, roll on FM15!

42. Quote Originally Posted by SFolio View Post
    Stunning story man, one of my favourites ever! I get where you're coming from, i haven't played FM for around a month and have no desire to go back to it, roll on FM15!
    Wow, thanks mate, really means a lot. I've been trying everything to get back in to it but I'm struggling. Absolutely, can't wait for FM15!
    SFolio likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO