Liverpool FC Back to the Top
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Liverpool FC Back to the Top

Click image for larger version

Name:	liverpool badge.jpg
Views:	16629
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	599664
    After lots of great ideas and feedback, I've decided to start my new story with my supported club Liverpool. I'm an incredibly passionate football fan, and when it comes to my team, I hardly ever miss a game and I'm always up to date. I usually have a long term Liverpool save every year and this year should be even better because I'm sharing it with you, really can't wait to get started.

Name:	1.png
Views:	3377
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	599658

As you can see despite not being in Europe, Liverpool are still a giant of a club and Champions League football should be mandatory, right now it's the absolute priority. That's our short term goal and for the long term, well getting back to winning all the trophies and bringing back that fantastic football we played in the 70s and 80s would be excellent. The last two decades have seen Liverpool win plenty of silverware but by the standards set in the years before, it's not been at the same level. I'm aiming to bring that back in modern day football.

Name:	2.png
Views:	3347
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	599661

We have a fair amount of money to spend, and judging by our squad, we're going to need it. There's plenty of potential talent, but we'll need to add some much needed experience and depth to the squad. Victor Moses and Aly Cissokho leave immediately after I decided to terminate their loan deals, overall I just didn't think they were good enough.

Next time I'll bring you our transfers coming in and going out and as we approach the season ahead, we'll take a closer look at Liverpool, with a season preview.
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 04/06/2014 at 05:44 PM.

2. Anyone who seen my original Liverpool story, that never got going due to a broken laptop, will see the title is the same and the introduction is very similar, that's because unfortunately I never finished that story and I want to finish it, how I started it. The standards maybe a little higher with Rodgers playing such exceptional football at the end of the season but that's ok, I'm up to the challenge, I should have another post out later today.
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 07/06/2014 at 12:25 AM.

3. Click image for larger version

Views:	3963
ID:	600033
    After hounding the board for a number of improvements to the club, improving our training facilities was the one I really wanted. Unfortunately the financial state of the club was holding us back, we're still paying off some debt so for now there's no big news on that front.

Views:	3412
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	600027

On to our transfers, the only significant out for me is Martin Skrtel, he's had a great season in real life but when the opportunity came up to sign Ryan Shawcross for a great price of 8M, I knew I wouldn't need 5 quality centre backs this year, especially with no European football. Daniel Agger and Kolo Toure were the ones I tried to shift with Lloyd Jones looking like a fantastic prospect but interest in them was very poor, and so when West Brom offered 9M for my now third choice centre back, I had to take it to accommodate some new signings.

Views:	3203
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	600030

Victor Caceres will be more of a back up player, with plenty of expeirence, adding some much needed depth to our defensive midfield, Nathan Dyer is the first player to return from my Swansea team, very reliable, again he might not start every game but he adds much needed depth to another position we were struggling with.

Claudio Yacob will be a very important player this year, I brought him in to be my first choice defensive midfielder, this will allow Lucas to push further forward. Finally Davide Santon, probably my best and most exciting signing, we beat off Man United with a wage hike to sign him and I'm sure he'll be worth it, at just 22 he's already a quality left back, better than Enrique and more than capable of playing right back as well.

Name:	3.png
Views:	3333
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	600024

On to my tactics, I've gone for my trademark, 433. I won't talk for to long about my tactics unless you want me to. Anyway since my last story, I've stopped using a crazy high line and very aggressive tactics, the pace of my centre backs and my previous disciplinary record swayed my decision. I still play general possession football, trying to keep a good shape and playing good pass and move football, while the freedom and fluidity to be creative is still there. The 433 overload tactic is pretty self explanatory, pushing for a goal late on, throwing everyone forward.

So with the new season approaching, how am I feeling? Well it was all going well, until about three weeks before the first game of the season, when Arsenal showed an interest in Jordan Henderson, the latest bid was 25M, 8M up front the rest, instalments. Probably my favourite Liverpool player in real life, his work rate and engine is just incredible and after his attribute buff in the February update, there was no way he was leaving, particularly to a rival.

Name:	4.png
Views:	3183
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	600021

After a fallout about ambition, Jordan was very disruptive and has been sitting in the reserves. Anyone else remember something similar happening, with another Liverpool player and another pathetic Arsenal bid? Hopefully like that situation, this player will also pull his finger out after the transfer window has closed.

With the new season approaching, Suarez is banned for our first six games and Henderson is having a hissy fit, that's two big players out. The key attacking players should be Sturridge, Coutinho and Gerrard, at least for now, as for our back line, well Mignolet, Johnson, Shawcross, Sakho and Santon sounds like a quality defence but they'll need time to gel and Yacob should do a solid job at defensive midfield. I'm missing a few key players for the start of the season but we should have enough quality to make a good start to life at Liverpool.

Name:	f.png
Views:	3153
ID:	600084

Next time, we kick start our managerial career with Liverpool, opening our league campaign at home to Hull City and then beginning our pursuit of our first silverware, as we travel to Yeovil in the Capital One Cup. We'll also see if there's any late activity in the transfer window, with Lucas attracting huge attention from footballing giant Real Madrid and sugar daddy's PSG and Man City.
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 04/06/2014 at 05:49 PM.

4. I didn't put any screenshots of new signings and key players attributes because it makes the updates look a bit messy but if you want to see any just let me know with a comment or if you want to see anything else like, first team squad, tactics etc

5. Click image for larger version

Views:	3394
ID:	600698
    With key players, Suarez, Henderson and Gerrard out, My first game in charge could of been easier but I was still confident ahead of this one and rightly so. 3-0 up just in to the second half, we could afford to bring on some youth, so Sinclair and Rossiter are handed their first games with 25 minutes left. Hull brought a consolation goal back late on, I was a little frustrated with the sloppy defending but overall I was pleased with that. The midfield didn't control the game as well as I would of liked but my attacking players created tons of chances and most importantly we put three away. A number of players played really well, but Coutinho was the stand out performer.

Views:	3106
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	600701

We'd do well to come away with all the points, away to Newcastle in the league. We surprisingly had more of the play in this game but it was our poor defending that cost us. If we were just a little more creative and clinical, we might of won here but despite the whole team having mostly average games, It's still early days and I'm content with a point there.

Views:	3112
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	600704

Next up we play Championship side Yeovil, plenty of Rotation with Caceres and Rossiter making their first starts for the club and Sterling, Dyer, Enrique and Flanagan all getting a chance to prove themselves on the flanks. Sturridge continued his good start to the season, with a brace in a pretty dirty game to be honest, Rossiter did well in his first start and it was encouraging to see a first clean sheet of the season. The next round sees us go away to Hull, we might need to bring some of the regulars to win that one.

Views:	3129
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	600707

With Sterling picking up an injury that keeps him out for a month and Nathan Dyer performing very poorly, Jordon Ibe comes in to the team for a huge game. I thought it would be a close game and it was, it was almost 50/50 to be honest, I let the team have the hair dryer treatment at half time and after the game, I really wanted to win but at this stage in the story, a draw isn't a bad result.

Views:	3053
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	600710

Lloyd Jones was making excellent progress and first choice centre backs, Shawcross and Sakho, I was sure would come good eventually, so I tried to get rid of Kolo Toure, Martin Kelly and Daniel Agger on the last day. Interest in Kelly was non existent, and the other two didn't attract much either, Kolo went out on a free to Nice and Agger goes on loan to Roma. Monaco come in with a late bid of 35M for Lucas, big fan of him and he's started the season well so I declined that offer.

Name:	t.png
Views:	3181
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	600713

A decent start to the season, those two draws were games I felt we could of just edged to just about pick up all three points but it's still early days, we'll get there.

Name:	a.png
Views:	2991
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	600819
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 04/06/2014 at 08:16 PM.

6. Good start to this story, and some good business in the transfer market.

What on earth did you say to Henderson to make him that mad lol.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    Good start to this story, and some good business in the transfer market.

What on earth did you say to Henderson to make him that mad lol.

Name:	hendo.png
Views:	3250
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	600755

Name:	hendo2.png
Views:	3024
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	600758

Thanks! I'm really happy with the transfers I've made. I just dug out the conversation for you, I don't think I said a whole lot wrong, he was on one, so I had to tell him how it is!
    Khalaf and Kerguelen like this.

8. Click image for larger version

Views:	3327
ID:	600994
    Hendo has got over himself and comes back in for this one, after Yacob and Gerrard started the season poorly, Ibe did a decent job for a 17 year old, so he continues on the right wing, as I tried to play off the counter in this one. That meant Chelsea had slightly more of the ball and the play but my decision to keep Jordon Ibe starting paid off after he put a lovely chipped ball in to Jerome Sinclair, who hammered a brilliant finish home, that make's him Liverpool's youngest ever goalscorer, what a way to score your first goal for Liverpool! Michael Owen was Liverpool's previous youngest goalscorer, hopefully Sinclair will go on to have an even better career!

Views:	3018
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	600975

We travelled to the home of Aston Villa next, a game we should be winning, but a Premeir league away game is never easy. We made hard work of it, after going ahead early our defensive was again shaky as we went 2-1 down, I changed a few things at half time and the team completed a great two goal comeback, the last goal, a fantastic solo effort by Yacob.

Views:	2991
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	600978

I did end up taking some of the regulars for this one, Suarez returned but unfortunately he had a shocker. No matter though because Sturridge did the business yet again, with two more goals, to continue his fantastic start to the season, we really did dominate this game, although Mignolet made some exceptional saves. Another chance to give some youngsters some game time, as we play Reading at Anfield in the next round.

Views:	2966
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	600981

A tough game next, as we play Spurs at home. Two assists from Coutinho and two goals from Suarez, meant we were cruising in the first half as Spurs couldn't handle our wide play but not for the first time this season, some complacent defending let Spurs back in. Kane scored in the second half but we managed to hold out for a solid victory, I knew it wouldn't be long before Suarez started performing.

Views:	2946
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	600984

Name:	5.png
Views:	2932
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	600987

That's a great sequence of results from the team, just about winning all four games, means our unbeaten start to life at Liverpool continues, the Chelsea game was a particular highlight, we did brilliantly to get all the points away from home there. Next time we certainly have an easier run of games, so hopefully we can continue or unbeaten run and great start to the story.

Name:	6.png
Views:	2940
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	600990
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 04/06/2014 at 09:47 PM.

9. Click image for larger version

Views:	3109
ID:	601913
    There was plenty of rotation ahead of this one, Gerrard, Allen and Johnson coming in for Yacob, Henderson and Enrique who were all poor against Spurs. We really struggled to break down a stubbern Hammers defense in this one. With half an hour to go I made some changes and went for it, with one assist so far this season, Gerrard scored a brilliant freekick right at the end, finally our Captain has turned up this season! Unfortunately Coutinho picked up an injury that keeps him out for 3 weeks.

Views:	2872
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	601905

Another game we should be winning at home to Southampton, there were some tired legs after International duty, Gerrard was knackered so Henderson came back in. Sterling got a chance to play, with Coutinho injured and he took that chance brilliantly, scoring twice to pick up the man of the match award.

Views:	2884
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	601902

Coutinho was just about fit enough to return for this one, so after a poor run of games, Sturridge got dropped, as Suarez got the chance to start a game up front for the first time this season. Wow just wow, I mean boy did he deliver, I know he likes playing against Norwich, but five goals in twenty two minutes has got to be some kind of record, the whole team played excellent but Suarez gets the plaudits and rightly so.

Views:	2875
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	601899

Flanagan and Ibe are the young players who got the nod for this one. Our fantastic win against Norwich continued in full flow is we played Reading off the park, Suarez scored again and was unlucky not to score more. Ibe scored his first goal for the club with a fantastic run and yet again the team were cruising at half time and some complacent defending in the second half gave Reading a goal back, we really do need to work on this. Next a tough away game against Southampton in the Quarter Finals.

Views:	2862
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	601896

Views:	2820
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	601893

So we've played nine games, we're probably just about approaching the point where the table starts to take shape and really matters. Cardiff have done an incredible job so far and they'll do very well to keep that going, as for ourselves, well it's all gone very well, we're looking like title challengers. It's very close up there, If we keep this up we should be right up there come the end of the season, interestingly we're also the only unbeaten team in the league.

Views:	2856
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	601890

Name:	7.png
Views:	2810
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	601907

Another fantastic run from the team as we look to mount a title challenge, which looked unlikely after the first few games. Next time our title challenge will take a closer examination, as we have some giant away games against Arsenal and huge rivals United and Everton.

Name:	8.png
Views:	2793
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	601910

10. Click image for larger version

Views:	2979
ID:	602602
    The derby game against Everton up next and we went in to it with high spirits. Maybe too high, as we just didn't turn up for this one, Everton outplayed us and showed they're a good side. Our run had to come to an end eventually but I'm disappointed that my players didn't turn up in such a big game, in a derby it's unacceptable and I let them have it in the dressing room.

Name:	9.png
Views:	2774
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	602586

Hopefully we can get back to winning ways as we host the Black Cats at Anfield. We did exactly that, it was nothing special but the important thing was to get back to winning after that disappointing defeat. Suarez continued his excellent form picking up man of the match, Sterling also scored.

Name:	10.png
Views:	2812
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	602589

Up next is one of the biggest games of the season, top of the table Manchester United away from home, It'd be very difficult to pick up anything here. It was, we held our own is the first half but got hammered in the second. These results against rivals have brought us back down to earth, we're not there yet and it's looking like we're going to need some quality signings to challenge in this great league.

Name:	11.png
Views:	2774
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	602592

After those extremely disappointing results against our big rivals, It was very important that we picked something up here. Unfortunately we lost yet again, apart from the Sunderland game that was probably our best performance, we stayed in the game for a long time and we even had a few chances but Arsenal just edged the game.

Name:	12.png
Views:	2711
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	602595

Name:	13.png
Views:	2703
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	602598

Well hasn't this story took one hell of a U turn, ten wins from twelve matches, eight straight wins and twelve games unbeaten has turned in to three loses in our last four games, the hard work starts now. Next we play four very winnable games, including our Quarter Final Capital One Cup match against the Saints so hopefully we can forgot this baron run and get right back on track.

Name:	14.png
Views:	2712
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	602601

11. Click image for larger version

Views:	1503
ID:	602764
    After a fantastic start to the season, Suarez has been named as one of the front runners for the World Golden Ball Award.

Name:	15.png
Views:	1005
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	602749

Sakho had a cold, so with Lloyd Jones impressing in the reserves this year, he makes his Liverpool debut, plenty of Rotation elsewhere as well. Jones repaid that faith by having a solid game, he even scored on his debut, Ibe also scored his second for the club in a game that could have hit double figures. It was a great way to bounce back, the only negative is that we didn't score more.

Name:	16.png
Views:	1010
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	602746

Southampton sacked Mauricio Pochettino and replaced him with Andre Villas-Boas, a similar situation has just occurred in real life at Tottenham.

Name:	17.png
Views:	998
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	602743

Name:	18.png
Views:	1014
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	602740

We could continue our quest to get back on form with another home game that we should be winning, this time against West Brom. We were cruising in the first half until the second half, wait we're still doing that? Ye, I've changed my team talks a few times, but complacent play always seems to cost us in the second half, anyway Sturridge returned for his first goal in a nine games and Henderson scored an absolute screamer from 25 yards!

Name:	19.png
Views:	965
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	602737

Similar to the Fulham game this one, we created a bundle of chances and certainly could of scored more, with that said, you can't really complain with a clean sheet and three goals, after our bad run of results, especially in the last post, we're right back on track, and hitting some good form again.

Name:	q.png
Views:	963
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	602771

There's a bit of rotation ahead of this one but I still named a more than capable team. We really did make hard work of this game, 2-1 down at half time, the team got some of my hair dryer treatment. They reacted to an extent bringing the game back to 2-2, Southampton put up a fantastic fight but it was a case of poor finishing from us that kept them in the game. It took us till penalties to win it in the end, I let the team know I was disappointed but we are Liverpool, we never do things the easy way. Anyway we did it in the end, next we play Newcastle in the Semi Finals.

Name:	21.png
Views:	990
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	602763

Name:	22.png
Views:	921
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	602760

A quick look at the table sees us still right up there but it's still very close, there's only eight points that separate the top seven. We'll need to keep up our good form if we're going to have a good season because there's so much competition.

Name:	23.png
Views:	978
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	602757

Name:	24.png
Views:	945
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	602754

Overall it was a good period for the team winning all four games and immediately getting back to winning ways after a difficult run last time, although we could of definitely won some of these games easier. Next time we start our FA Cup campaign, and our busy Christmas period will hopefully see us pick up plenty of league points.

Name:	25.png
Views:	917
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	602751
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liverpool FC Back to the Top-20.png  
    MANUMAD likes this.

12. Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could get a bit of feedback on the story so far. I've just had the one reply and like so far and I'm grateful but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. A lot of my other posts on this forum got more attention, I'm sure their must be a few silent readers, I do that myself. There is two other Liverpool stories on here so that could spilt the followers if the stories are similar but I was just curious to see what's going on really.
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 07/06/2014 at 12:25 AM.

13. Quote Originally Posted by MisterObjective View Post
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could get a bit of feedback on the story so far. I've just had the one reply and like so far and I'm grateful but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. A lot of my other posts on this forum got more attention, I'm sure their must be a few silent readers, I do that myself. There is two other Liverpool stories on here so that could spilt the followers if the stories are similar but I was just curious to see what's going on really.
    Your doing fine, other people just have a bigger following so to speak and people automatically go to their stories first

14. Quote Originally Posted by LovanoFM View Post
    Your doing fine, other people just have a bigger following so to speak and people automatically go to their stories first
    I guess that makes sense, this is only my second story so people would be more likely to follow someone who has made lots of stories that they're familiar with or a story with lots of views, posts and comments. Anyway I'll keep the posts coming, hopefully the interest will pick up soon, thanks for the feedback.

15. Quote Originally Posted by MisterObjective View Post
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could get a bit of feedback on the story so far. I've just had the one reply and like so far and I'm grateful but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. A lot of my other posts on this forum got more attention, I'm sure their must be a few silent readers, I do that myself. There is two other Liverpool stories on here so that could spilt the followers if the stories are similar but I was just curious to see what's going on really.
    I really like the story! You had a great start to the season with Liverpool, the dialogue is good and suits your writing style ill definitely be following your story to see how you finish the season keep up the good work mate

16. Quote Originally Posted by thebluestuart View Post
    I really like the story! You had a great start to the season with Liverpool, the dialogue is good and suits your writing style ill definitely be following your story to see how you finish the season keep up the good work mate
    Thank you, I really appreciate it, hopefully I can keep up the good start!

17. Click image for larger version

Views:	1129
ID:	603070
    After we went all the way to penalties midweek against Southampton, there was some very tired legs in the team so I knew it'd be a very difficult game. I tried to rotate the team as best I could but in the end the lack of energy and quality on the pitch cost us the match, fair play to Swansea who gave us a very close game that we narrowly lost.

Views:	906
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	603065

I mentioned Cardiff early on in the season, after they'd started the season very well, they dropped off a bit but were still doing well, sitting in tenth place in the table. What a performance away from home it was, Sturridge had a stomping game as he grabbed a hatrick, we barely gave Cardiff a sniff.

Views:	936
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	603062

It's the end of 2013 so we find out who the best players over the last season are. First up Messi won the World Golden Ball award, no surprise there, followed by Neymar in second and Bale in third. as for the World Player of the Year award, well it was almost the same but Suarez beat Bale to third place for this one, that's great news for Liverpool!

Views:	994
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	603059

As for the Team of the Year, well again Suarez was named in this and as the lone striker, fantastic! There were quite a few surprises in there for me as well, the big ones being De Bruyne, Valdes and Snejider, then again, it is FM.

Views:	995
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	603056

Nathan Dyer comes back for the first time in months. He did well coming back with a goal, while the whole team completed a brilliant performance, probably one of the best this season, Suarez showed why he was voted the worlds third best player, with a great display.

Views:	923
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	603053

Lloyd Jones and John Flanagan got some more game time in this one, as I decided to keep quite a few of the in form players in. It certainly paid off, I know we were playing League 2 Wycombe but 7-0, that's a spanking, ruthless clinical football at its best! I mean the lowest rating of a player that started the game was 7.7 and that was our keeper and for an outfield player it was 8.4, next we play Brighton away.

Views:	929
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	603050

It's been a good run for the team, scoring fourteen without reply in our last three games obviously the Swansea result was frustrating, which despite being disappointed with the team, they really were extremely tired after that game against Southampton. Next time we see if we can continue our incredible run of late and the club can go one step closer to winning our first silverware in the Capital One Cup Semi Finals against Newcastle.

Views:	919
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	603067

18. Click image for larger version

Views:	1082
ID:	603432
    A big game next, as we play Newcastle at St James Park in the first leg of our Capital One Cup Semi Final. We had the better of the play here so I was a little disappointed not to score in this one, it would of been nice to take an away goal home with us but I'm confident we can do the business at Anfield.

Views:	946
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	603414

This would be our fourth game in two weeks and our small squad was really starting to feel it. I'd like to say that was a contributing factor in that defeat, it was but ultimately the players just didn't perform, having said that it's clear we do need to strengthen our squad.

Unfortunately the board didn't want to help me with transfer money, the loan repayments are still ongoing so for now we'll just have to make do but a little bit of good news is that Iago Aspas has left to join Swansea for 6.5M but our board only gave us 2.2M of that for transfers, still with big wagers Agger and Toure leaving at the end of the last transfer window, we could stretch to a 5M buy, but there wasn't really anyone who was that good available for that much.

Views:	956
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	603417

Newcastle again up next, in the league this time, we needed to start winning some games after two frustrating results previously. Like the first game of this update, against Newcastle, it was another close game that we just about edged, managing to score this time, Coutinho with the goal. It's good to get back to winning ways.

Views:	964
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	603420

City hadn't been having the best of seasons, as they stood in sixth place one place behind us, so I was expecting a tight game. It was exactly that, an extremely tight game but having said that the odds were against us in the media and with all the money and talent City have, we did well to pick up a point there.

Views:	971
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	603423

After that defeat to Hull earlier on, we've slipped out of the title race and for now out of the top four, we need to get back on track, top four is massive this year, the board expect it, the fans expect it and I expect it!

Views:	998
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	603426

A mixed bag of results this time, two good and two bad, the Newcastle victory and the draw away to City we're both good results but the loss against Hull and the draw against Newcastle were very frustrating. Hopefully next time we can improve our league form, to climb back in to the top four and book our date at Wembley, moving one step further to our first silverware at Liverpool.

Views:	953
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	603429
    Kerguelen likes this.

19. doing well mate! Got tough games to Chelsea and Tottenham though, would think you need points from them both to fight for top four

20. Quote Originally Posted by thebluestuart View Post
    doing well mate! Got tough games to Chelsea and Tottenham though, would think you need points from them both to fight for top four
    Thanks, Ye I definitely need to do well in the big games, top four is absolutely the priority!

21. Click image for larger version

Views:	2157
ID:	603750
    A huge game up next, after the 0-0 away from home in the first leg, I felt it would only take a goal or two to win this one. We definitely outplayed the Magpies in this one, we possibly could of one by more but it was Sterling who stood out in the end, scoring both goals and winning man of the match. Man United await in the final, our fiercest rivals, in what promises to be a great occasion!

Views:	1090
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	603731

Great news for everyone, with only 5 months left of our contract, we signed a one year extension to our current Liverpool deal.

Views:	1110
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	603734

Tons of rotation for this one, Lloyd Jones and Jordon Ibe start in this away game against Brighton. After a struggle in the first half and more than a few wasted chances, we just about pulled through in the end. We'll play West Ham or Man City away from home in the next round.

Views:	1144
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	603737

We all know Mourinho loves to play his mind games and this was no different, although I like to play along to. The pressure was on us to win this one playing at home but I knew it would be a close game. It was in the first half, as we took a slim lead with us but in the second half it was anything but close, 2-0 didn't tell the real story, as Cole headed for an early bath, we dominated Chelsea and really should have scored more. The Sturridge show, he had a storming game against his old club, beating a rival always taste sweet but that win sees us leap frog both Everton and Chelsea to move up to third place in the league!

Views:	1097
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	603740

It was a really quiet transfer window even by January standards, I mentioned before that Iago Aspas left, the only other transfer activity was Brad Smith, who went on loan. I had plans to grow this young talent for the future but in all fairness he'd been having a dreadful season in the reserves but for some reason he felt he deserved a new contract. Of course I told him should show me on the pitch why he deserves a new deal but he flipped, nobody would take him on a transfer, so he's out on loan until his contract runs out this summer.

Views:	1052
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	603743

A tough game up next, away to Spurs but after the Chelsea result I was full of confidence. Tottenham put up a good fight, but we createsd more chances than them and were much more clinical, running out 3-0 winners in the end, Sturridge doing the business again!

Views:	1082
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	603746

That's a great period from the lads, we progressed in both cup competitions, reaching our first Final, and smashing Chelsea and Spurs in the league. Next time we face a tough test in the FA Cup who ever we face and in the league, there's three winnable games to look forward to.

Name:	20.png
Views:	1077
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	603747

22. Click image for larger version

Views:	1217
ID:	604332
    Another good win for the boys, Sturridge kept his scoring run going with another goal while surprisingly Nathan Dyer put in a man of the match performance with a goal and an assist. That's our fifth straight win!

Views:	1051
ID:	604329

We could approach this game with plenty of confidence after our great run recently, maybe there was a bit of arrogance from the team as Villa gave us a tough game, as we left it very very late to win the game in the end. Frustrating not to win easier but we managed to grab the victory in the end.

Views:	1066
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	604326

We play West Ham again up next. It was another solid performance from the team, Nathan Dyer has been performing very well recently and he continued that with two goals and another man of the match performance. We approach the business end of the FA Cup, as we reach the Quarter Finals to play a very difficult game against Man United at Old Trafford.

Views:	1076
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	604323

Views:	1075
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	604320

Norwich at Anfield now, there was plenty of quality performers here but Sturridge stood out as the best. I'm almost running out of things to say about this team, we're on an incredible run at the moment, this win makes it eight wins in a row and ten unbeaten.

Views:	1061
ID:	604317

Let's take a look at the table, surprisingly we're almost in March and there's only been one manager replacement so far this season, at Southampton, although Sherwood has just lost his job at Tottenham, news on that and his replacement next time. Anyway on to Liverpool, top four and Champions League Qualification is looking likely with eleven games to go we're six points clear of fourth and fifth placed. Chelsea and Arsenal. Unfortunately the title looks out of reach this season at least, United are six points clear, we would need an incredible run to catch them now, although we do have to play them at Anfield shortly.

Views:	1078
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	604333

Fantastic period from the lads again, we progressed to the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup and continued our great league form. Next time we'll be seeking revenge, in the derby game against Everton, at Anfield, after they outplayed us earlier in the season and as for United, well not only do we play back to back games in the domestic cup competitions, including the Capital One Cup Final, we also have plenty of catching up to do in the league.

Views:	1062
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	604336

Anyone who followed my previous save at Swansea City, will remember the rivalry I had with United and David Moyes, in the later seasons. My dislike for the club and the man is obvious, being s Liverpool fan but for some reason FM seems to troll me, after they both had very poor seasons in real life! Anyway it's scary to think that we could lose out on all possible silverware directly to our fiercest rival this season, they certainly have the better squad but we have to beat them to something!
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 08/06/2014 at 10:29 PM.

23. Click image for larger version

Views:	1166
ID:	605343
    Tottenham sacked their manager Tim Sherwood, after a poor season, Guus Hiddink takes charge.

Views:	1033
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	605310

Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	605313

The biggest game of the season up next, United in the Capital One Cup Final! We were so close to our first silverware at Liverpool, I could smell it. If we take a look at the line ups, United definetely have the bigger names and probably the better quality of players but this is football, it's all about who turns up on the day and anything can happen.

Views:	4013
Size:	681.4 KB
ID:	605316

Shawcross gave us the lead early in to the game with a charging header from a Suarez corner, shortly after Phil Jones gave the ball away, after some excellent pressing, Suarez laid in Sturridge who finished brilliantly to make it two. Not for the first time this season, our defending had cost us but to be fair United started to play some good football, as Mata scored twice to level the game at the break.

A frustrating second half saw us take the game to United, having much more of the play we were very unlucky not to score, hitting the post twice! Extra time began, with tired legs, the game looked destined for penalties, until Luis Suarez floated a fantastic free kick in to the top corner, with twenty seconds left. It was Luke Shaw who fouled him to earn himself a second yellow card.

Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	605319

Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	605322

What a goal and what a time to score, no chance for United to reply and what a great player he is, Brilliant! That really was a fantastic performance from the lads, it was one hell of a game and what a dramatic way to win it in the end. I think I was even more pleased, winning it so late, that I didn't have to watch my team go all the way to penalties, I usually can't even watch! As you can see by the stats, we just edged the game and definitely deserved to win.

Views:	1041
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	605325

Views:	1032
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	605328

We won our first battle against United but the second would be harder because we were playing away at Old Trafford so I attempted to play on the counter. It was a really close game in the end, ending 2-2, as we earned a replay at Anfield, I was a little surprised we did so well after the previous fixture at Old Trafford, earlier in the season. I guess it was the boost of winning our first silverware!

Views:	1039
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	605331

Another huge game up next as we seek a bit of revenge against Everton, who shocked us with a 3-1 defeat earlier this season. Coutinho would miss this one through injury, we created all the chances and it was the early chance that went in, Luis Suarez put one away to continue his good form recently, as we went on to win 1-0.

Views:	1009
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	605334

This one would be tough with some tired legs in the side and some rotation that means some of the better players aren't starting. It certainly proved to be tough, we dominated the game and created plenty of chances but after some wasteful play, I tried to spice it up with some substitutions, it was Luis Suarez who yet again, did the business in the end, as we just about got over the line.

Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	605337

A fantastic couple of games from the team, the games against our rivals particularly stand out because they're such massive games but that late win against Sunderland is also very important to keep the pressure on United in the league. Next time we have a huge couple of games, we can progress to our second Semi final when we play the first of two more back to back United games, at Anfield. Followed by a must win game, with the gap still six points between United and ourselves, in the league. We'll also play a big game against top four chasing Arsenal.

Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	605340
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 09/06/2014 at 09:27 PM.
    coolmcool likes this.

24. Following this one!
    But in the summer-window, why did Agger got loaned out two times, to Dortmund and to Roma?

25. Quote Originally Posted by julebokk353 View Post
    Following this one!
    But in the summer-window, why did Agger got loaned out two times, to Dortmund and to Roma?
    Attachment 600027
    Attachment 600713

It's because I started the game in January 2013, giving myself six months before the season started to get my feet under the table and give my signings a chance to blend in. If you look at the dates of the transfers above, Agger was loaned out in the January transfer window, to Dortmund and then again in the summer transfer window, to Roma. I can see why you might of been a bit confused, hope that clears it up. Thanks for following!

26. Click image for larger version

Views:	1167
ID:	605541
    Man City sacked their manager Manuel Pellegrini, after what has been, for their standards a dreadful season, he was replaced by Marcelo Biesla.

Views:	981
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	605527

Views:	1002
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	605524

With a place in the Semi Finals of the FA Cup at stake, the pressure was on. Another huge game against fierce rivals United up next, playing at Anfield and our incredible run of form since January, I was confident heading in to this one. It was Luis Suarez yet again scoring a goal, it looked like another 1-0, until who else but Juan Mata popped up to score against us yet again, he's like our kryptonite.

We headed in to extra time and it looked like more late drama when Jones fouled Coutinho in the box, Davide Santon stepped up to take the penalty but his spot kick was saved by De Gea but drama is guaranteed with a penalty shoot out. Sturridge stepped up to score and we went in to the lead, as Yarmolenko missed Uniteds first penalty, Coutinho had his penalty saved and Fellaini took advantage to level the game.

Six successful penaltys later, we headed in to sudden death, Lucas stepped up but blazed his kick sky high, Januzaj had the chance to win United the game, he stepped up and smashed the ball home. Unfortunately that means we're out of the FA Cup, it was incredibly close but it just wasn't to be. Frustrating that we would of played Southampton in the Semis and West Brom and Cardiff contested the other Semi Final, I would of fancied our chances against all of those sides.

Views:	987
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	605521

That game marked the end of an incredible fourteen game unbeaten run, we had to lift our heads and try to battle on as we play United yet again. We might of lost a battle against them there, as they look the likely to go on and win the FA Cup but after winning the Capital One Cup we could still win the war by winning the league title. A win here would close the gap to three points with eight games remaining, of course after that penalty shoot out both teams would be extremely tired though.

Ryan Shawcross powered in a fantastic volley from a Suarez corner, in the first half, Phil Jones went on to make another mistake against us this time getting himself sent off. That was the way it ended, I pretty dull boring game but we'll take a win against United however they come. The pressure will be on United now but we have to continue to win our games, in the hope that they slip up.

Views:	985
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	605518

Southampton away was our next game and I was confident of the victory here, with the Saints fighting relegation. We gave Southampton a few to many chances in this one and we didn't control the game enough but it was the clinical finishing of Sturridge and Sterling that won us the game in the end. That win puts us top of the league on goal difference, for a day at least, with United playing Crystal Palace on Wednesday.

Views:	960
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	605515

United beat Crystal Palace 3-0 in midweek, to take their three point gap back so this Arsenal game was an even bigger game now, but we are playing at home. We just about had the better of the game in this one, but both teams struggled to make the breakthrough, Nathan Dyer was the super sub in the end, coming on to score the winnng goal, which was a beautiful team goal.

Views:	1025
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	605512

Elsewhere, United lost 3-0 to their derby rivals Man City! That's great news for us, as we took full advantage with our win against Arsenal, that win puts us top of the table on goal difference. The title is now in our hands.

Views:	984
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	605529

After the disappointment of our first loss in fifteen games and getting knocked out of the FA Cup by United, we came back brilliantly to win all three games league games Including wins against United and Arsenal, United might well go on to win the FA Cup but we've already won the Capital One Cup and if we go on to win the league, we'll be the real winners! I fancy our chances as well, United still have some tough league games and they have a much bigger fixture list.

Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	605532

Next time we'll see the Liverpool lads play not four but six games as we approach the end of the season. All of those games look winnable and like I said before it's now in our hands and United have some tough league games and a very busy schedule.

Views:	996
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	605535
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liverpool FC Back to the Top-10.png  

27. Great read this mate, Congratulations on winning the League cup, also you seem to have a relatively easy run in to the end of the season, hope the momentum continues and you are crowned champions, I will be keeping a keen eye on this 1 as it progresses.

28. just read all the way threw keep up the hard work, hopefully youll be able to complete the double this season

29. Quote Originally Posted by Dean Wilkes View Post
    Great read this mate, Congratulations on winning the League cup, also you seem to have a relatively easy run in to the end of the season, hope the momentum continues and you are crowned champions, I will be keeping a keen eye on this 1 as it progresses.
    Thank you, I definitely have a great opportunity to win the league. hopefully we can do it!

30. Quote Originally Posted by Dannybell2010 View Post
    just read all the way threw keep up the hard work, hopefully youll be able to complete the double this season
    Thanks, a double in our first season would be fantastic!

31. Click image for larger version

Views:	2268
ID:	606707
    Fulham were enjoying a decent season sitting mid table, so I was expecting a tough game with us playing away from home. It wasn't as tough as I thought, early goals from Sakho and Lucas put us in a commanding position. Briggs went on to get sent off as we cruised to victory with unlikely scorer Jose Enrique scoring the third.

Views:	1018
ID:	606673

Next up was another difficult game this time against West Brom, again away from home. We struggled to make the breakthrough, after some really wasteful play, we needed to make some changes and it was our super sub Nathan Dyer coming up with the goods yet again. That win guarantees Champions League football next season!

Views:	939
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	606676

We played Swansea at home next, Jose Enrique picked up an injury that will probably keep him out for the rest of the season. We really struggled in this one, It was a close game, taking a late Daniel Sturridge goal to win us the game in the end but it was a very tense match.

Views:	956
ID:	606679

Cardiff come to Anfield now, I was very confident about this game. Rightly so, we might of only won by two goals but we absolutely slaughtered Cardiff, over ninety minutes, they didn't even have a shot. Sterling capped a brilliant display with one goal and one assist.

Views:	938
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	606682

United drew away to West Ham last week, so with us beating Cardiff, we stay top of the league but we now have a two point bridge. There was no room for complacency as we come towards the end of the season, it wouldn't be an easy finish either, as we played Crystal Palace away. We pushed and pushed for the winning goal but in the end it wouldn't come, Palace even had a man sent off. Unfortunately United won, so we stay on top of the table but only on goal difference.

Views:	951
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	606727

Views:	909
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	606685

The last game of the season, it was all square in the table but we topped the table with +8 goal difference. So a win In Stoke would do it, as United look likely to win at home to Norwich. We created plenty of chances to win the game but we just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net, with United winning comfortably, I knew we had to go for it.

Views:	914
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	606688

Coutinho went round two players and finished expertly, very late on in the game. God, we always have to do things the hard way at this club but what a goal to score in such an important game. He's the hero and the man of the moment, as we narrowly beat United to the title on goal difference, brilliant stuff. I'm so proud of the team, to win this trophy in our first season is a fantastic achievement and we'll be looking to build on that.

Views:	949
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	606695

Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	606698

An absolutely fantastic final look at the table for Liverpool, surprisingly we sit top of the pile, while in the other side of Merseyside, Everton also shocked the nation finishing third, beating off huge sides Arsenal and Man City to get there. Swansea, Cardiff and Aston Villa also enjoyed good seasons by their standards while West Ham, Southampton and West Brom all had poor seasons and get relegated in to the Championship.

Views:	941
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	606701

Our final run in for the rest of the season has been very good, we won our first four games and then a hiccup against Crystal Palace, made it slightly more difficult on the last day of the season, but we just about got there in the end, with that late Coutinho winner. Next time we'll review the season, with player by player reviews, we'll take a look at the end of season awards, including my awards for the team and we'll also see what's happening in those end of season finals, which this year. unfortunately we're not involved in any.

Views:	940
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	606704
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 12/06/2014 at 05:44 PM.

32. Just a quick note guys, I'm sure you all know the world cup starts tomorrow, I'm so excited! Anyway I just wanted to say I probably won't be posting as much while that's on, as I'll be watching the games. I'll try and get a few updates out a week but I just thought I'd let you know, so nobody thinks the story has stopped or I've lost interest. There just won't be daily updates for a few weeks.
    nzgangster likes this.

33. Click image for larger version

Views:	1019
ID:	607396
    We'll start off with the domestic awards, Wilfried Bony won Footballer of the Year while Van Persie won the Player's Player of the Year, unfortunately Luis Suarez missed out on both of those awards. Bony also won the Top Goalscorer award or golden boot and the Player's Young Player of the Year was Yarmolenko.

Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	607369

Views:	934
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	607372

Views:	916
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	607375

Views:	947
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	607378

On the Liverpool front, Mignolet ran away with the Golden Glove award with an incredible twenty five clean sheets, that has to be some kind of Premier League record, or at least close to it. I was very pleased to personally win Manager of the Year, after all the hard work from the team. As for the Player's Team of the Year, well there was four Liverpool players in the side, Simon Mignolet, Davide Santon, Luis Suarez and Mamadou Sakho.

Views:	906
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	607381

Views:	928
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	607384

Views:	1093
Size:	323.1 KB
ID:	607387

On to those big game finals now, first up Chelsea run out 3-0 winners against Juventus in the Europa League. Surprisingly United didn't go on to win the FA Cup, after knocking us out on penalties in the Quarter Finals, Southampton and Cardiff progressed to the final and it was Cardiff who narrowly won the game in the end, capping a fantastic season for them. Despite United missing out on the League cup and the title to Liverpool they did have their success this year, a late Januzaj goal beating Barcelona in the Champions League Final, which looked like a really dirty game.

Views:	917
ID:	607390

Views:	900
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	607393

Views:	919
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	607399

Next time we'll review every players season, player by player.
    nzgangster likes this.

34. Quote Originally Posted by MisterObjective View Post
    Attachment 600027
    Attachment 600713

It's because I started the game in January 2013, giving myself six months before the season started to get my feet under the table and give my signings a chance to blend in. If you look at the dates of the transfers above, Agger was loaned out in the January transfer window, to Dortmund and then again in the summer transfer window, to Roma. I can see why you might of been a bit confused, hope that clears it up. Thanks for following!
    Okey, thanks

35. Click image for larger version

Views:	980
ID:	607751
    Simon Mignolet has had a really solid season, he had limited opportunities in the national team, probably because of Courtois but for Liverpool he's been ever present, he didn't even miss a game. Our defense started the season a little shaky but they pulled it together and Mignolet finished the season with 25 clean sheets out of 38 games in the league, that speaks for itself. If i had one criticism of him, it'd be his composure on the ball, I like my keeper and defenders to play out from the back but 14 composure is ok.

Views:	912
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	607754

Views:	879
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	607757

I was tempted to give Ryan Fulton a start against some of the smaller teams we'd faced in the cup competitions but I didn't feel he was quite ready for the first team yet. He's been training in the first team all year and he's even had some tutoring from Simon, He did well in the reserves so I'll be giving him a little bit of game time in the first team, next season.

Views:	913
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	607760

Views:	887
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	607763

It was a solid season from Glen Johnson, his attributes are really solid across the board so i was probably expecting a little bit more. Also his attributes are starting to decline a little, so i will be looking to sell him if a good offer comes in but we will need to sign a more than capable replacement.

Views:	1090
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	607765

Views:	911
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	607768

It's a difficult with Martin Kelly, he had very few opportunities to play in the first team, because he doesn't have enough going forward to play at right back, and his anticipation and positioning isn't high enough to play at centre back for me. In real life and previous football manager games he's been very injury prone and it's a shame really because there's a quality player waiting to get out here but he's 24 now, so he's no longer a young man, I'll be looking to move him on.

Views:	920
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	607771

Views:	878
ID:	607774

It's a similar story for John Flanagan, to be fair the limited game time he got, he performed well but I'm just really disappointed with his attribute progress, he's hardly improved at all and that's disappointing when you see his age and the fact that he's had tutoring from every full back ahead of him in the side and still hasn't improved, he'll be shown the door.

Views:	883
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	607777

Name:	20.png
Views:	860
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	607780

Davide Santon has been one of our best players this year, chipping in with plenty of assists and even a goal and most importantly, he's been really strong defensively and he'll even get better.

Name:	21.png
Views:	903
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	607784

Name:	d.png
Views:	849
ID:	607815

Shawcross has been a rock at the heart of our defence all season, hardly missing a game, he'll be staying.

Name:	23.png
Views:	958
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	607790

Name:	24.png
Views:	857
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	607793

A very productive season from Lloyd Jones, he's definitely one for the future and he'll gradually get more game time as we progress in the story, his progress has been exceptional.

Name:	25.png
Views:	888
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	607796

Name:	26.png
Views:	872
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	607799

Sakho has been a rock at the heart of our defence all season, hardly missing a game, he'll be staying. Shawcross had the slightly better performances over the season but Mamadou is one of our best young players.

Name:	27.png
Views:	1199
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	607802

Name:	28.png
Views:	858
ID:	607805

Next time we'll continue our player by player reviews, with more screenshots and comments, analysing the players seasons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liverpool FC Back to the Top-22.png   Liverpool FC Back to the Top-d.png  

36. Click image for larger version

Views:	945
ID:	608130
    It's a similar story for Enrique to that of Johnson, he's had a solid season, but he's ageing and I definitely think I can find a better replacement for him.

Name:	29.png
Views:	876
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	608118

Name:	30.png
Views:	838
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	608121

Despite not playing a huge amount of games, Caceres has been quite poor this season, his stats are really solid but he just didn't play to a high enough standard, he'll be on his way out.

Name:	31.png
Views:	860
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	608124

Name:	32.png
Views:	831
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	608127

Great season from Lucas, he's been ever present all year and he's even chipped in with some goals and assists, my only criticism, is I know how good he can be, he can definitely play even better!

Name:	33.png
Views:	852
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	608131

Name:	34.png
Views:	847
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	608134

Like Lucas, Claudio Yacobs attributes are outstanding and I really did expect a lot more from this guy, he's top quality on his day but he hasn't done it enough this year. I'm torn in whether to give him another year, or move him on, I think he's just about done enough to stay at the club but I'll be expecting big improvements from him.

Name:	35.png
Views:	850
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	608137

Name:	36.png
Views:	843
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	608140

There's a massive future for Rossiter, unfortunately he's been injured for three months of the season, so with that in mind his attributes have made some good progress but there's definitely work to be done here.

Name:	37.png
Views:	859
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	608143

Name:	38.png
Views:	829
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	608146

Where to start with Steven Gerrard, has he been really poor all season, he's my captain and his contribution hasn't been good enough. His performances warrant being sold but I don't think I could bring myself to do that and don't think he would ever leave for another club anyway. One thing is for sure, Mamadou Sakho will take over as captain next year, it's an easy decision, Sakho has been consistent, in the side all season and his higher leadership attribute means he'll be more commanding.

Name:	39.png
Views:	879
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	608147

Name:	40.png
Views:	843
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	608150

After a fallout over not being able to talk to Arsenal, Jordan Henderson started the season, training with the reserves but under the guidance of Lucas, with some fantastic progress in training, he's had a really solid season. He needs to work on his consistency and attacking play a little more though, he's capable of adding more goals and assists to his game.

Name:	41.png
Views:	856
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	608153

Name:	42.png
Views:	822
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	608156

A decent season from Joe Allen, he's an average player in our side, there's definitely better players we can sign going forward but defensively, Joe is about as solid as they come, a little bit of improvement and I can see a future at defensive midfield for him.

Name:	43.png
Views:	852
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	608159

Name:	44.png
Views:	824
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	608162

Nathan Dyer started the season really poorly but he pushed on and started to score some really important goals in the second half of the season. He was consistent in my Swansea save but I think the step up to Liverpool was probably to much for him and that's my fault, Suso is coming back in to the side after being out on loan and Ibe looks like a promising talent, so Nathan can leave.

Name:	45.png
Views:	835
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	608165

Name:	46.png
Views:	823
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	608168

Next time we'll see the last of the player by player reviews, followed by transfers ins and outs.

37. Click image for larger version

Views:	935
ID:	609400
    Sheyi Ojo has some great potential, he could turn in to a beast in the middle of the park but there's still a long way to go in his development.

Name:	47.png
Views:	914
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	609332

Name:	48.png
Views:	815
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	609335

What a season for Raheem Sterling, he's been absolutely fantastic and he's still only 19, he has plenty of years left to develop, he could been a world beater, in a few years time.

Name:	49.png
Views:	837
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	609338

Name:	50.png
Views:	822
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	609341

Here's another youngster with fantastic potential in Harry Wilson, his progress over the last year has been really good but the problem is there's so many players ahead of him, Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling, Suso and Ibe, he might have to wait a few years for his chance.

Name:	51.png
Views:	812
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	609344

Name:	52.png
Views:	777
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	609347

Jordon Ibe has probably been the surprise package of the season, with our wingers not performing early in the season, I brought him in and he did a decent job. big future for this lad but he'll have to wait for his chance.

Name:	53.png
Views:	866
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	609361

Name:	54.png
Views:	770
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	609364

Our top goal scorer this year was Daniel Sturridge with twenty five goals, it's been a great season for him, on his day he's unplayable and he's one of our best players. He just needs to work on his consistency, like I said he can be unplayable but when he's having an off day, he's terrible.

Name:	55.png
Views:	782
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	609367

Name:	56.png
Views:	773
ID:	609370

If Ibe will have to wait for his chance and Wilson will have to wait a few years, then Sergi Canos might not even get his chance. Another promising youngster here but that's the problem, it's good to have back up in case you get injuries though, he'll most likely sell for a good price in a few years anyway.

Name:	57.png
Views:	782
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	609373

Name:	58.png
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	609376

Probably our best player this year, Luis Suarez has showed the world that he's one of the best around, with twenty goals and seventeen assists, it's hard to find anyone else who has made more of a contribution. He's scored some very important goals, including that famous freekick, against United, like Daniel, he could work on his consistency but he really is a world star.

Name:	59.png
Views:	777
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	609381

Name:	60.png
Views:	771
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	609384

This guy really does need to work on his consistency but with that said on his day, he's outstanding on his day and he's still just 21, he's got plenty of time to improve his game and I can't wait to see it. There was a quite a few injuries with Coutinho as well, hopefully he can work on that and stay fit all season long.

Name:	61.png
Views:	790
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	609387

Name:	62.png
Views:	768
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	609390

Last up, we've got Jerome Sinclair, just the one goal but my, it was a memorable one. I have great expectations for this guy, the potential is there to see and I can't wait to see how he progresses.

Name:	63.png
Views:	788
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	609393

Name:	64.png
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	609396

Next time we'll finish off our end of season reports with my awards for the team, plenty of transfers coming in and going out, one hell of a shock in the World Cup and finally our pre season results.

Last edited by MisterObjective; 15/06/2014 at 11:38 AM.

38. Gerrard beens under performing for me in my save as well, shame. great story, really enjoying it

39. Sorry for the lack of updates recently, like I said, I've been busy watching the world cup in my free time. Anyway hopefully there's still interest in the story, I'll have an update out later today.

40. Quote Originally Posted by tommytorres View Post
    Gerrard beens under performing for me in my save as well, shame. great story, really enjoying it
    It is a shame, he's a legend and still doing the business in real life at 34, so it's not disappointing to see him play poorly. Thank you!
    tommytorres likes this.

41. when everyone is fit, what is your first 11 plus bench?

42. Just read this through - fantastic first season! Shame to see you pip united to the title given I'm a united fan, but for you that's a fantastic achievement! Well done lad. Keep it up

43. Click image for larger version

Views:	2056
ID:	612378
    There was a few players who stood out as Player of the Year, Sakho and Shawcross both enjoyed good seasons and were excellent at the heart of our defence, Santon was very good both defensively and going forward, on either flank, at full back. Daniel Sturridge was probably closest to this award, racking up twenty five goals, scoring plenty of important goals as well but the Player of the Year award has to go to Luis Suarez, his 200k per week deal warrants that of a world beater and he is. He totaled twenty goals and seventeen assists over the season, he scored important goals, was named as one of the best players in the world and ultimately contributed more than anyone in the side.

Name:	65.png
Views:	1107
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	612393

Name:	66.png
Views:	962
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	612390

The young players mentioned in the Player of the Year above, Sakho, Sturridge and Santon, I won't mention but Sterling and Coutinho are even younger and both had fantastic seasons, they'll both continue to progress and they have the quality to be world stars. Daniel Sturridge enjoyed a fantastic season but his consistency let him down on quite a few occasions, so my Young Player of the Year has to go to Davide Santon, I was expecting good things when I signed him, but he surprised me, he's definitely been our most consistent player and that's why he's beaten Daniel to this award.

Name:	67.png
Views:	1060
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	612387

Name:	68.png
Views:	961
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	612384

There was a huge amount of players leaving the club this summer, lots of them were either deadwood or players who just weren't good enough to play in the side. Enrique and Dyer and Reina, were perhaps the only big first team players who got shipped out but don't worry I'm more than happy with the players I brought in.

Name:	70.png
Views:	1062
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	612381

Ryan Bertrand is my replacement for Jose Enrique, Jose is probably slightly better at this point but Bertrand has four years on him and he'll be much better for the future. Speaking of the future, Will Hughes, George Throne and Sam Byram are all still very young but they all have great potential, don't expect them to play every game but they'll play more as the seasons go by.

Name:	71.png
Views:	982
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	612394
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Liverpool FC Back to the Top-72.png   Liverpool FC Back to the Top-73.png   Liverpool FC Back to the Top-74.png  

Liverpool FC Back to the Top-75.png   Liverpool FC Back to the Top-76.png   Liverpool FC Back to the Top-76.5.png  

44. Click image for larger version

Views:	1016
ID:	612427
    I'm sure you've all heard Liverpool spent £4M on Rickie Lambert, in real life, just last week. Well with Southampton getting relegated, in FM, I couldn't help myself raiding their best players. Unfortunately their asking prices for a handful of players were extremely high but Rickie Lambert for 1M is an absolute bargain. I couldn't resist trying him out on FM, I can't wait to see what he can do, in real life as well.

Name:	72.png
Views:	994
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	612414

From one raid to another, West Brom also got relegated, so we picked up Youssouf Mulumbu for a solid 5.75M. Lastly there not new signings officially but they may as well be. Tiago Ilori and Suso come back from loan and will slot straight in to my side. I expect my cheapest signing to be my best, Rickie Lambert, as for the others well watch those three young English lads, they'll be great, I'm sure of it, the rest are rotation players.

Name:	73.png
Views:	1034
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	612417

I had to mention this because it was such a shock, Incredibly Cameroon lifted the World Cup, what a shock that is, even on football manager! Beating off Spain, France, Uruguay and Argentina to win it, wow, if there's a shock like that in real life, at the World Cup, we're all in for a treat.

Name:	74.png
Views:	980
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	612420

A decent batch of friendlies, we started off slowly and then found our rhythm against the smaller teams. One for is for sure, Rickie Lambert scored nineteen goals in seven starts in pre season, he will definitely be starting the first game of the season.

Name:	75.png
Views:	977
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	612423

Next time we'll start our second season in charge of Liverpool, we can open with more silverware, playign Cardiff in the Community Shield and we can hit the ground running in the league with some winnable opening games. There might be some late drama in the transfer window.

Name:	76.png
Views:	927
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	612426
    coolmcool likes this.

45. Quote Originally Posted by Jedd95 View Post
    Just read this through - fantastic first season! Shame to see you pip united to the title given I'm a united fan, but for you that's a fantastic achievement! Well done lad. Keep it up
    I started to reread your post when I read, shame to see you pip united to the title, haha! I understand, given you're a United fan. Thank you and it's great to see a United fan following!

46. Quote Originally Posted by bhafc8 View Post
    when everyone is fit, what is your first 11 plus bench?
    Well I've made some new signings now, did you want to see my current top eleven and bench or last seasons, top eleven and bench? I can post both if you like.

47. Link for your tactic ?

48. Quote Originally Posted by JoseReina View Post
    Link for your tactic ?
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytorres View Post
    It's on the 4th or 5th page mate
    Ye It's on page five but here they are anyway.

433 control.tac
    433 overload.tac
    Last edited by MisterObjective; 21/06/2014 at 03:53 PM.

49. Click image for larger version

Views:	930
ID:	613079
    The opening game of the season and we could get off to a flyer by winning some silverware, Cardiff stood in our way. We contained Cardiff really well in this game, controlling the match and rolling out comfortable winners in the end. Lambert scored on his debut, Shawcross added the second, Johnson picked up an injury that will keep him out of the next game, away to Swansea, that win is a a great kick start to the season.

Name:	77.png
Views:	816
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	613082

Santon picked up a short term injury midweek. so Sam Byram will make his debut, I would of liked to ease him in slower. To be fair he coped really well, putting in a solid performance, as did Coutinho scoring twice and playing a magnificent game, it was a similar game to the previous one, we controlled the game really well and ran out clear winners.

Name:	78.png
Views:	814
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	613085

Santon still wasn't quite fit for this one but Johnson was, I put him back in ahead of Byram. It was the Coutinho show yet again, scoring twice and assisting the other goal, great start to the season for him and he's made our start to the season great as well.

Name:	79.png
Views:	795
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	613088

The groups for the Champions League were drawn, of course we returned for the first time in four seasons. Despite winning the title we're still third seeded, with that in mind the draw was kind to us, handing us A.C. Milan, Schalke and Celtic. I have confidence we can win this group. Unfortunately the Capital One cup draw wasn't kind to us, handing us a tough away game against Crystal Palace, I wanted to let a few of the youngsters get some game time so I was hoping for an easier tie.

Name:	80.png
Views:	829
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	613091

Next up we play the first of the newly promoted sides, QPR at Anfield. They shocked us with a jammy opening goal but from then on it was all Liverpool, some wasteful finishing saw us go in at the break at 1-1 despite dominating the game but what a reaction from the team! As we scored three goals in eight minutes, at the start of the second half, Coutinho yet again putting in a man of the match performance, with two goals and one assist.

Name:	81.png
Views:	818
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	613094

There was no news on any late minute transfer deals, but we will take a look at the other transfers in the Premier League. City as always spent plenty of money, the three biggest transfers this summer, will all be tough players to compete against, Strootman and Peruzzi were on my shortlist but we didn't have the money the bring them in. As for Lucas, well he's still upset about not being aloud to leave but I'm sure he'll get over it and come back strong for this season.

Name:	bpl transfers.png
Views:	960
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	613130

A great start to the season for us, we started of winning silverware, as we beat Cardiff to the Community Shield, and we continued that with three more comfortable wins in the league. Next time we'll return to the Champions League after four seasons out of it, We'll also start our defence of our Capital One Cup crown and continue our league campaign, as we play four away games.

Name:	82.png
Views:	814
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	613095
    LovanoFM likes this.

50. Click image for larger version

Views:	898
ID:	613880
    A tough game up next, probably the first real difficult test of the season, playing away to Spurs. It was an incredibly tight game, either side could of won it but it was a Shawcross goal that won us the game in the end, that's a big three points.

Name:	83.png
Views:	766
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	613865

Lucas has got over himself after the transfer window closed, unfortunately I've forgot to register him for our Champions League squad because he was sitting in the reserves. He'll just have to play domestic games for now, hopefully we can make it in to the latter stages and he can play. Anyway we open our Champions League campaign, playing away to Celtic, four changes ahead of this one, including first starts of the season for Suso and Sturridge.

We dominated the game in the end, they got a man sent off early in the game, so we possibly could have dominated the game a little more and scored a few more goals but we got the job done nonetheless, good start to our campaign.

Name:	84.png
Views:	800
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	613868

Sunderland away up next and more changes ahead of this one. Despite the 2-0 scoreline, we allowed Sunderland far too much of the ball and the chances in this one but not for the first time in this story, clinical finishing is the difference.

Name:	85.png
Views:	779
ID:	613871

More rotation again ahead of this one, we completely dominated this game, incredibly Palace had one shot and scored from it, we had sixteen and plenty of chances but unfortunately only managed to score twice. Coutinho came on in the second half but frustratingly got sent off six minutes after coming on, after such a great start to the season, that's a really poor tackle and he rightly got sent off.

Name:	86.png
Views:	783
ID:	613874

A good solid run from the team there, we won all four games, perhaps the only negative is we didn't score more but that away victory over Spurs was a great win. Next time we'll have a huge game against rivals United and a difficult test as we play Schalke in Europe.

Name:	87.png
Views:	767
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	613877

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO