Like Tree40Likes

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants

Olympique Lyonnais
    About The Club
    Olympique Lyonnais (Lyon) are a French professional football club playing in Ligue 1. Throughout the 00's they were the dominant side in France, but over recent years, they have declined sharply, suffered from some financial issues and are no longer anything like the team they used to be.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-15-.png

About Me Antoine Philippe (The Manager)
    I just changed my name a bit to sound like I am a Frenchman . I set my age at 37, a decent age for a young up and coming manager.

Expectations
    For this season the board expect me to qualify for continental football, which I feel is a reasonable target. Unfortunately I have been given a transfer budget of £0.00. Yeah, the club is broke, so it's unlikely I'll be signing anyone this season.

Squad
    The squad really isn't that great. Last year the club sold off a lot of players including 'Dejan Lovren', 'Michel Bastos' & 'Lisandro Lopez'. A positive is that the squad is fairly young, and a lot of players will improve with the right training.

Key Players

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-16-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-17-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-18-.png
    3 players who will be key for me are club captain 'Maxime Gonalons', attacking midfielder 'Clement Grenier' & winger/forward 'Alexandre Lacazette'.

Star Youth Players

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-19-.png
    The youth squad is actually brilliant. I can see a lot of players turning good in the future. The best youth player is 18 year old striker 'Yassine Benzia'. He will get game time straight away, and according to some could be the next 'Karim Benzema'.

What To Expect In The Next Update

Pre-Season, an overview of tactics etc.
    coolmcool likes this.

2. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

Pre-Season
    Not a busy pre-season.
    We went through a training camp in the Franche-Comte, France. (Not exactly sure where that is lol)
    No signings made as we have no money.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Grazer AC 0-3 Olympique Lyonnais

AEL Kallonis 0-3 Olympique Lyonnais

Club Brugge 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais

Levadeiakos 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

We played 4 pre-season fixtures and won them comfortably. The fixtures were not exactly challenging so I had expected these results.

Tactics

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-21-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-23-.png
    I will be using the same two tactics I used in my long-term save with 'Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur' as I had a fair amount of success with them. I expect they would work well as our strongest area of the squad is probably central midfield.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-24-.png
    I will also use this tactic if I have a striker shortage, which could end up happening as we are a bit short in that department. I also used this tactic when I was short on strikers on my 'Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur' save.

Transfer Centre

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-25-.png
    Barely anything here. Just one player, a young keeper going out on loan for first team experience.

The season kicks off.
    We will have a few Champions League qualifying matches before our first league fixtures.

3. Good Luck
    Kerguelen likes this.

4. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

August
    A good start for us.
    It was a fairly busy month with 7 games.

Zlute Waregem 0-4 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-26-.png
    A 'Yohann Gourcuff' brace helped us record an easy 4-0 win against our opponents from Belgium. A nice way to start the season.

Olympique Lyonnais 5-0 Zlute Waregem (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
    We win 9-0 on aggregate.
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-27-.png
    We followed up our first leg win with another impressive performance. A brace from 18 year old striker 'Yassine Benzia' helped us record a 5-0 win. We win 9-0 on aggregate.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 OGC Nice (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-28-.png
    We kick of the Ligue 1 campaign with a 2-0 win over 'OGC Nice'. We were missing a few key players who were carrying over 1 game suspensions for something that must have happened last season.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 PAOK Salonika (Champions League Playoff Round / First Leg)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-29-.png
    A strong performance see us take control of the tie against our Greek opponents with a good 3-0 win. Striker 'Bafetimbi Gomis' scored 2 of our goals.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 Stade De Remis (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-30-.png
    A good performance. Our opponents limited the amount of possession we had, but when we had possession we done damage. A brace from forward 'Alexandre Lacazette' helps us record a 3-0 win.

PAOK Salonika 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
    We win 4-1 on aggregate.
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-31-.png
    We only managed a draw in what was a fairly even game in Greece. However after winning our first leg 3-0 we didn't have much to worry about. We reach the Champions League group stages as expected with a 4-1 aggregate victory.

Evian TG FC 1-4 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-32-.png
    A very good performance as we thrash 'Evian' at their place. A brace from 'Alexandre Lacazette' helped us record a really good 4-1 win.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-33-.png
    We are 3rd behind PSG & Lille, but we have played a game less than most other teams. If we win our game in hand we will go top. It's early days though so the table doesn't mean too much just yet.
    Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-34-.png
    Attacking midfielder 'Yoann Gourcuff' was our best player this month, scoring 4 goals in the 5 games he played.

Champions League Group Draw

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-43-.png
    A pretty tough group. Real Madrid should comfortably take top spot. We should take 2nd. Swiss side Basel & Romanian side Steua are both potentially tricky sides but we should finish above the both of them.

September will be a shorter month with 5 fixtures.
    We face Real Madrid in our first group game hoping to pull off an upset.
    skyfall likes this.

5. good to see a Lyon save.
    Kerguelen likes this.

6. Lacazette, Benzia and Umtiti. Make sure you hold onto them. Absolute beasts.
    Kerguelen likes this.

7. Matchs very good
    Kerguelen likes this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Imparator View Post
    Lacazette, Benzia and Umtiti. Make sure you hold onto them. Absolute beasts.
    I'll definitely be keeping hold of them. I've never thought Umtiti to be that great, but I'll be keeping him. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

9. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

September
    A very average month.
    We struggled a bit in front of goal.

September Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 Stade Rennais FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-44-.png
    Our first loss of the season is at the hands of Stade Rennais. 'Jonathan Pitroipa' scored a wonder goal against us, and despite having a few good chances we were unable to equalize.

Real Madrid 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-45-.png
    I didn't expect anything from this game. Real Madrid were in control and deserved their win.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 FC Nantes (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-46-.png
    Back to winning ways with a good 2-0 win over Nantes.

AC Ajaccio 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-47-.png
    We only managed to come away with a draw against Ajaccio. They started off brightly and took the lead, but when we equalized I though we would go on to record a comfortable win. We had the chances, but lacked the finishing.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 LOSC Lille (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-48-.png
    A good win against a tough opponent who are probably better than us player for player. 'Yoann Gourcuff' & 'Henri Bedimo' with our goals.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-49-.png
    We are 3rd after 7 league games. We have played 1 game less than most of the other teams, and would go top on goal-difference if we win our game in hand.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-50-.png
    Left-back 'Henri Bedimo' has had a good month. The defender has played well defensively, and scored 2 goals this month.

October will be a tough month.
    We have games against Montpellier, Bordeaux & Monaco.
    Harkett likes this.

10. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

October
    Another month of mixed fortunes.

October Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 Steua Bucharest (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-51-.png
    I'm still trying to work out how we managed to lose this game, after having 3 goals disallowed for offside. Very annoying.

Montpellier HSC 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-52-.png
    We dominated the game but really struggled to put away our chances. We got the only goal of the game via a penalty. Still it's 3 points against a good side.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-2 Girondins Bordeaux (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-53-.png
    A 2-2 draw is not a bad result. It did look like we were heading to an undeserved loss until we got a stoppage time equalizer via forward 'Jimmy Briand'.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 FC Basel (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-54-.png
    A good performance here comfortably beating Swiss giants Basel 3-0.

AS Monaco 3-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-55-.png
    A poor performance & disappointing loss. We didn't turn up today and got beaten easily.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-56-.png
    We are in 4th place but still have a game in hand. If we win our game in hand, we will go 2nd. Monaco are all the way down in 16th which is a big surprise. It makes it all the more disappointing that we were battered by them.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-57-.png
    No one really had a good month, but central defender 'Milan Bisevac' was one of our better performers.

What To Expect In The Next Month
    Can we put an end to our inconsistent form and go on a winning run?
    skyfall likes this.

11. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

November
    We are still as inconsistent as ever.
    Good news as the board gave me £4.2mil to spend. I have a few targets I hope to sign in January.

November Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 En Avant De Guinguap (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-58-.png
    It was a slow start for us, and we went behind very early on. We improved, turned things around and recorded the victory which I had expected.

FC Basel 2-1 Olympqiue Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-59-.png
    We have been dismal so far in the Champions League and fell to a very disappointing loss in Switzerland.

AS Saint-Etienne 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-60-.png
    This was a very important game, as it was the Rhone derby, and we've managed to win and give our fans the bragging rights. It was a very even game, but we got the only goal of the match just before half-time via a penalty from 'Yassine benzia'.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-1 Valenciennes FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-61-.png
    A poor performance as we struggle to a draw at home to a mid-table side. Our goal came via the penalty spot. It's a bit concerning that we are really struggling to find the net on a regular basis.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-1 Real Madrid (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-62-.png
    A good performance here as we manage to get a draw against Real Madrid. We took the lead just after the break via 'Bafetimbi Gomis'. Real equalized via 'Xavi Olonso'. The game was fairly even and a draw was the fair result.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-63-.png
    We are in 5th place, but only 2 points off 2nd place still have our game in hand. Marsielle are doing very well and are 9 points clear at the top of the league at the moment.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-64-.png
    No one really had a good month, but young striker 'Yassine Benzia' did manage to score 3 goals this month.

A couple of very tough fixtures next month.
    We have games against PSG & Marsielle.
    skyfall likes this.

12. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

December
    One does not simply perform well consistently.
    We had some great results & some awful results this month.

December Fixtures

Paris Saint-Germain 2-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-65-.png
    Brilliant result! Even more impressive is the fact we came back from 2-0 down. Things didn't look good 10 minutes into the 2nd half when 'Edison Cavani' put PSG 2-0 up, but 'Alexandre Lacazette' & Bafetimbi Gomis' scored goals shortly after to bring us level, and a late own goal gave us a great 3-2 win.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 Toulouse FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-66-.png
    Well that was dull. A bore draw here. We had more chances than Toulouse, but we failed to put any of them away.

SC Bastia 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-67-.png
    Pathetic! Relegation threatened Bastia came from behind to record a shock win against us.

Steua Bucharest 2-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-68-.png
    We really messed things up here. We played very poorly & the Romanian champions deserved their win. We completely fucked up our Champions League campaign this year.

Olympique Lyonnais 6-1 Olympique De Marseille (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-69-.png
    What a performance. Your eyes are not deceiving you here. We smashed table topping Marseille 6-1. 19 year old striker 'Yassine Benzia' had an amazing game scoring a hat-trick, which included an amazing long ranged volley.

Toulouse FC 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Coupe De La Ligue 4th Round)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-70-.png
    We progress in the 'Coupe De La Ligue' after a hard-fought victory against Toulouse.

FC Lorient 0-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-71-.png
    We really should have got the win here after dominating & creating numerous chances, but our finishing was fairly poor like it has been on quite a few occasions so far this season.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-72-.png
    At the half-way point in the season we find ourselves in 4th place, 7 points behind top of the table Olympique De Marsielle.

Our Champions League Group Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-73-.png
    We made a complete mess of things in the group and finished rock bottom. Real Madrid topped the group as I had expected, but I really though we could finish 2nd or at worst 3rd considering 'FC Basel' & 'Steua' are not that good. To not even have Europa League football after Christmas has really annoyed me.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-75-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-76-.png
    Right-Back 'Miguel Lopes' was our best player this month & he won the 'Ligue 1' player of the month award. He's only here on loan for the season from 'Sporting Lisbon', but if I can sign him permanently for a decent fee I will. There's a clause in his contract which enables me to sign him permanently for £8.5mil, but there's no way I'd pay that much. If I can get him for about £1.5-£2mil then I will.

With the January window opening will we see any incoming players?
    Will we see any outgoing players?
    January looks like being a busy month with quite a few fixtures.

13. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

January
    We bring in 2 new players.
    A few youngsters go out on loan.
    Another month of very inconsistent performances.
    We lose key player 'Clement Grenier' to a long-term injury

New Signings

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-81-.png
    Ezequiel Rescaldani (£275K From Velez) We bring in a new striker as I felt we needed the extra goal threat. Ezequiel Rescaldani looks like he could add something to the team, and to get him in for so cheap represents a real bargain.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-82-.png
    Vincent Sasso (500K From Braga) - Vincent Sasso come's in as a back-up player. I wanted another defensive option and Vincent can play either as a central defender of right-back.

Transfer Centre

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-83-.png
    A few youngsters go out on loan.

January Fixtures

Hyeres FC 1-5 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup 9th Round)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-84-.png
    An easy win for us against a much weaker side. Striker 'Bafetimbi Gomis' managed to get himself a hat-trick.

FC Sochaux-Montbe 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-85-.png
    A good performance & a good win. However our victory was marred by an injury to 'Clement Grenier'. The midfielder broke his toe, and will be missing for about 2 months .

Olympique Lyonnais 0-3 FC Sochaux-Montbe (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-86-.png
    Awful performance & awful result. However I have to take full responsibility for this. Having beaten this side 3 days ago at their ground, I decided to go overly attacking hoping to rip our opponents a new one & it completely backfired.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-1 Montpellier HSC (Coupe De La Ligue Quarter Finals)
    Montpellier win 8-7 on penalties.
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-87-.png
    Disappointment as we go out of the 'Coupe De La Ligue'. It was a fairly even game with few clear chances for either side. When it went to penalties I knew I would lose. I pretty much always lose on penalties.

Stade De Remis 2-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-88-.png
    Another disappointing performance. We conceded 2 late goals and fall to a disappointing defeat to a struggling 'Stade De Remis' side.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 Cleamont Foot (French Cup 10th Round)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-89-.png
    A comfortable win over Ligue 2 side 'Clermont Foot'. 2 early goals, including a first goal for new striker 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' gave us a 2-0 win.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-2 Evian TG FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-90-.png
    2 points dropped after taking a comfortable lead. Early goals from 'Miguel Lopes' & 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' gave us a 2-0 lead and we looked like recording a good win, but we failed to keep up our performance levels and ended up with a frustrating 2-2 draw.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-91-.png
    We end the month in 5th place, 8 points behind leaders 'Olympique De Marsielle'.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-92-.png
    Central defender 'Samuel Umtiti' had a very good month in defence. Prior to this month he had been performing really poorly, so I'm hoping he's turned things around and can continue playing like he has this month.

How will our new signings settle into the squad?

14. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

February
    A very good month.
    We put on some very solid performances.
    We lose another key player to long-term injury

February Fixtures

Stade Rennais FC 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-93-.png
    A very good performance. 2 goals in the space of 2 minutes early on set us up for a good win. The game however was marred by injury to 'Alexandre Lacazette' who will miss 3 months with a torn hamstring .

FC Nantes 0-3 Olympiqye Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-94-.png
    Another strong away performance as we comfortably beat FC Nantes.

US Concarneau 0-3 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup 11th Round)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-95-.png
    We comfortably beat our minnow opponents to advance to the quarter finals of the French Cup.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 AJ Ajaccio (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-97-.png
    A fairly dull game which was somewhat lacking in quality. We did get the win in the end & it was a deserved one.

LOSC Lille 1-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-98-.png
    An even game against a very strong Lille side. It looked like we were going to come away with a good point until we conceded via a late wonder goal.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-99-.png
    Lille are now topping the table after Marsielle had a poor month and dropped to 2nd. We are 3rd with 2 points separating us and 5th placed PSG.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-100-.png
    Right-back 'Miguel Lopes' was our best player this month. Miguel, who is on a season-long loan with us has played consistently well throughout the season and really looks like someone I need to sign permanently at the end of the season.

Our youth intake is in March.
    French clubs usually have good youth intakes, so will we have some potential future stars?

LovanoFM likes this.

15. are you the same person who did the fulham story? I cognise the little feature of whats to come.love it!!
    Kerguelen likes this.

16. Quote Originally Posted by wanpablo23 View Post
    are you the same person who did the fulham story? I cognise the little feature of whats to come.love it!!
    Yeah, that was me. It's a shame the story didn't last long though .

17. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

Youth Intake

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-101-.png
    What An Intake!!! This is by far the best youth intake I have ever had!! We have at least 7 players who can potentially become future stars for us, and with the right training a couple of them can become world class.

Best 3 Youths

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-102-.png
    David Thomas - Remember this name. David Thomas was the best player of the youth intake, and I'm very confident he will be a world class player. It wont be long before he gets his debut.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-103-.png
    Florian Rey - Right-back Florian Rey looks like he will be a great defender in the future and I look forward to seeing him develop.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-104-.png
    Jean-Francois Charles - The young defender looks very promising, and I'm sure he will become a key player for us in the future

The month of March. Will we continue our good form?
    We do have some tough fixtures including 2 games against AS Monaco.

18. wow what an intake! Thomas is impressive

19. That youth intake looks amazing mate!

20. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

March
    A fairly poor month
    Monaco (Who I always struggle against) give us a lot of problems.

March Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 Montpellier HSC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-105-.png
    Disappointment. We suffer a poor home loss against Montpellier. We performed really badly, not even creating a chance that looked like troubling the opposition.

Girondins Bordeaux 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-106-.png
    A very good performance away from home. Goals from 'Bafetimbi Gomis' & 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' gave us a good 2-0 win.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-2 AS Monaco (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-107-.png
    We lose to AS Monaco, who I seem to always struggle against. We looked good in the first half and were 1-0 up at half time, but we didn't do well in the 2nd half and ended up losing the game 2-1.

En Avant De Guinguap 2-4 Olympqiue Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-108-.png
    A good performance. We started the game on fire, and were 3-0 up within the the first 10 minutes. Our opponents didn't let us run riot on them though, and the score ended up 4-2. 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' scored 2 of our goals, and is looking like a quality signing.

AS Monaco 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup Quarter Finals)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-109-.png
    Monaco kick us our of the French Cup . It was a fairly even game, but Monaco were just better in front of goal.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-2 AS Saint-Etienne (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-110-.png
    A disappointing draw at home to local rivals 'Saint-Etienne'. We twice took the lead, but couldn't hold on for the 3 points. We didn't deserve to win the game though, and a draw was a fair result.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-111-.png
    We are in 3rd place & 6 points off the top with just 7 games to go. We have the same points as 4th placed PSG but have a slightly better goal difference. 'Toulouse FC' in 5th place are a furthur 8 point's behind & I can't see them catching up, so the worst we can really finish would be 4th place.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-112-.png
    January signing 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' was our best player this month, scoring 4 goals.

Will 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' keep up his good form?
    We have a tough match against PSG. Can we win and complete the double over them?

21. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

April
    A good month.
    We record a fantastic win over PSG.

April Fixtures

Valenciennes FC 2-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-113-.png
    After going 2-0 up via a brace from 'Bafetimbi Gomis' I expected to come away with all 3 points, but our opponents fought back in the 2nd half and managed to come away with a draw.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 Paris Saint-Germain (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-114-.png
    A brilliant performance & result. We were amazing & didn't even allow PSG to record a shot on target. Central defender 'Bakary Kone' scored 2 goals, & 'Yoann Gourcuff' scored the 3rd to put the icing on the cake.

Toulouse 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-115-.png
    A hard fought victory against a tough Toulouse side. It looked like being a draw until 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' popped up with a goal near the end of the match.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 SC Bastia (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-116-.png
    A comfortable home 2-0 win which I had expected over a relegation threatened 'SC Bastia'.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-117-.png
    Weare in 3rd place, 5 points behind table toppers 'Olympique De Marsielle' who will most likely go on to win the league. We are also 5 points in front of 4th placed PSG, so we should get a top 3 finish, unless we mess up in the final few games.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-118-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-119-.png
    The star on a season loan to us, 'Miguel Lopes' was our player of the month for the 3rd time this season, and won the 'Ligue 1' player of the month award for the 2nd time this season. While I don't really want to spend £8.5mil to bring him here permanently, it looks like I may have to as I really want to keep him. I can't see 'Sporting Lisbon' allowing him to leave on the cheap.

The final 3 games of the season.
    What position will we finish the league in?
    We need a top 3 position to qualify for the Champions League.
    Safc-mad-scotty likes this.

22. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

May
    We end the season fairly well.
    We win 2 of our final 3 games.

May Fixtures

Olympique De Marsielle 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-120-.png
    2 goals from our loan star 'Miguel Lopes' gave us a very good away win over 'Marsielle'. We were helped by the fact that 'Marsielle' had a player sent off just 6 minutes into the game.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 FC Lorient (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-121-.png
    A disappointing performance and result, losing at home to Lorient. Our shooting was really poor which let us down badly as we did create enough chances to at least get a point.

OGC Nice 0-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-122-.png
    A very good result to end the season. It was a very even game, but our play in the final third was really good and we took our chances well.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-123-.png
    We finish the season in 2nd place with 71 points, and only 2 points behind winners 'Olympique De Marsielle'. It was a strange Ligue 1 season though. Marsielle winning the league with only 73 points, and Montpellier getting relegated with 42 points. 42 points is usually enough for mid-table, and a side like Montpellier shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-124-.png
    'Miguel Lopes' was our best player this month. The Portuguese right-back has had an amazing season with us, and I'll definitely be trying to make him a permanent member of our squad.

A review of this season, player stats, player awards etc.
    skyfall likes this.

23. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

Season Review
    Overall it was a fairly good first season.
    Finishing 2nd in the league was better than what I had expected.
    Finishing bottom of our Champions League group was the obvious disappointment.
    We didn't win any trophy's this season, but I didn't really expect to win any.

Ligue 1 Final Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-123-.png
    So as you know we came 2nd in the league with 71 points. Marsielle won the league with 73 points which is a pretty low total. AS Monaco only managed to come 10th, but did win the French cup so they will be in Europa League Next year.

Stats

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-127-.png
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic of 'PSG' was the leagues top goal scorer with 22. Our top league scorer was Yassine Benzia with 13.
    Miguel Lopes had an average rating of 7.41 over the season which was our best, and the 2nd best in the league.
    Cedric Barbosa of 'Evian TG FC' had the most league assists with 14. For us Miguel Lopes had the most assists in the league with 12.

Stars Team Of The Season

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-125-.png
    In the 'Stars Team Of The Season' we had 3 players making the XI & they were all defenders. Miguel Lopes, Bakary Kone & Henri Bedimo made the XI.

Ligue 1 Team Of The Season

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-126-.png
    We had 1 player in the 'Ligue 1 Team Of The Season'. It was left-back 'Henri Bedimo' who was consistently good throughout the campaign.
    I don't know what the difference is between the 'Stars Team Of The Season' 7 the 'Ligue 1 Team Of The Season' though .

Player Of The Season

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-128-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-131-.png
    'Miguel Lopes' was our official player of the season & I can't argue with that. He's had a brilliant campaign. He's season was so good he's already in the clubs favoured personnel.

Young Player Of The Year

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-129-.png
    19 year old striker 'Yassine Benzia' was our young player of the year. He had an amazing season, scoring 13 league goals in 27 league appearances. In all competitions he had 17 goals in 37 appearances.

Olympique Lyonnais Best 11 Announced

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-133-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-132-.png
    Our best 11 has been announced, with 'Miguel Lopes' being noted as the best player overall.

French Trophy Winners
    French Champions Trophy - Paris Saint-Germain
    Coupe De La Ligue - LOSC Lille
    French Cup - AS Monaco
    Ligue 1 - Olympique De Marsielle

Continental Trophy Winners
    Europa League - Ajax Amsestedam
    Champions League - FC Barcelona

Pre-Season of our upcoming season.
    New transfers, outgoing transfers, pre-season friendlies etc.
    coolmcool and LovanoFM like this.

24. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

Pre-Season (2014-2015 )

A good pre-season.
    We tour Norway & Sweden for our pre-season friendlies.
    A few new signings.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Haugesund 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais

Lillestrom 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais

Aalesund 2-3 Olympique Lyonnais

Norrkoping 1-5 Olympique Lyonnais

Hacken 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais

Kalmar FF 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

A good pre-season for us as we win all our of our 6 fixtures in Norway & Sweden. Our opponents were not exactly the most challenging of teams so I expected to win all of the friendlies.

Transfer Budget / Season Expectations

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-134-.png
    I went with the option of 'Continental Qualification' just to be on the safe side. I have a transfer budget of £16mil.

Players In

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-136-.png
    Miguel Lopes (£8.5mil From Sporting Lisbon) - We bring our loan-star of last season in on a permanent deal. I didn't want to pay so much, but 'Sporting Lisbon' would not budge, and I had to pay his buy-out clause. I already know he will perform well after his brilliant year with us last season.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-137-.png
    Mohamed Diame (£3.5mil From West Ham) - To bring in the strong central midfielder for only £3.5mil is a steal. He had a release clause in his contract and of course we activated it. Mohamed will come straight into the first team.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-138-.png
    Benoit Costil (£Free From Stade De Rennais) - The highly rated keeper joins us on a free transfer. We saw his contract was running out at his previous club and brought him in. I was looking for a quality keeper and I am very happy with the signing of Benoit for free.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-139-.png
    Maxwell (Free Agent) - The Brazilian veteran joins us on a free transfer to provide back up for the left-back position.

Transfer Centre

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-140-.png
    In terms of outgoings we let a lot of young players who were never going to make the grade leave on free transfers. The most notable departure was 'Mouhamadou Dabo' leaving to join Belgium giants 'RSC Anderlecht' for £4.1mil.

Facilities To Be Upgraded

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-141-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-142-.png
    Both our training facilities & our youth facilities are going to be upgraded, costing the club just over £10mil.

The start of the 2014-15 campaign.
    Can we get off to a good start?
    Will our new signings perform well?
    coolmcool likes this.

25. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

August
    The perfect start for us in the league.
    Our new signings are playing well.
    We were without 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' & 'Alexandre Lacazette' this month because of injury.
    We are drawn in a very tough Champions League group.

August Fixtures

OGC Nice 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-144-.png
    A good performance away from home to get our campaign under-way. Both our goals came from defenders 'Miguel Lopes' & 'Bakary Kone'.

Olympique Lyonnais 4-2 Stade Lavallois MFC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-145-.png
    Newly promoted 'Stade Lavallois' put up a fight, but we managed to come away with a deserved win in the end. Young striker 'Yassine Benzia' got 2 of our goals.

Valenciennes FC 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-146-.png
    We were brilliant in the first half and went into the break 2-0 up. In the 2nd half our opponents improved and we had to work hard to keep our lead intact. We won 2-1 in the end.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 FC Nantes (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-147-.png
    A brilliant hat-trick from 'Yassine Benzia' gave us a good 3-1 win over 'FC Nantes'.

Girondins Bordeaux 0-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-148-.png
    A brilliant performance as we come away with a 3-0 win over a strong 'Bordeaux' side.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-149-.png
    We are 2 points clear at the top of the league after 5 games, and are the only team to have won our first 5 fixtures. PSG, Monaco & Marsielle have all had indifferent starts to the campaign and find themselves in mid-table. It's very early though, so I won't be getting carried away.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-150-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-151-.png
    'Yassine Benzia' was our best player this month & he also won the Ligue 1 player of the month award. The striker scored a very impressive 5 goals in 5 games.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-152-.png
    A very tough group. We are drawn against Man Utd, Galatasaray & Spartak Moscow. I have no idea what to expect. 'Man Utd' are clearly the strongest side in the group, but I have a surprisingly good record against them so I'm not sure what will happen in our fixtures against them. 'Galatasaray' & 'Spartak Moscow' have squads of similar ability to ours so we will be in for tough games against them.

Can we keep up our great start to the season?

26. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

September
    We continue our great start to the season.

September

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 Angers SCO (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-153-.png
    Newly promoted 'Angers SCO' made us work hard for our victory. A brace from 'Bafetimbi Gomis' sent us 2-0 up, but our opponents got a goal back. We were the stronger side throughout, but our opponents looked dangerous on the break.

Spartak Moscow 0-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-154-.png
    We come away with a good point in Russia, after playing out a fairly even game against 'Spartak Moscow'.

Toulouse FC 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-155-.png
    A draw away to Toulouse is not a bad result, although I did expect to take all 3 points as our opponents have got off to a fairly poor start to the season.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 Stade De Remis (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-156-.png
    We get the win we wanted in the end. Thing's didn't start off very well as we went behind, but we improved and scored 2 goals to win the game 2-1.

AJ Ajaccio 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-157-.png
    A good performance here winning 3-1 away to 'Ajaccio' 'Veteran midfielder 'Steed Malbranque' scored 2 of our goals.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-158-.png
    We are 5 points clear at the top of the league after our brilliant start to the campaign. The teams I had expected to be challenging for the title are nowhere to be seen which comes as a huge shock.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-159-.png
    Striker 'Bafetimbi Gomis' had a good month, scoring 3 goals. While there was no stand-out brilliant player, nearly everyone had a good month.

Will our amazing run of form continue?
    We have a few difficult games next month, including matches against 'Man Utd' & 'PSG'.
    Safc-mad-scotty and LovanoFM like this.

27. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

October
    Almost a perfect month.
    We record a couple of really good wins.
    We do however lose our first game of the season.

October Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 Galatasaray (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-160-.png
    A good win over the Turkish giants. A brace from striker 'Bafetimbi Gomis' helps us to victory.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Stade Rennais FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-161-.png
    A wonder goal from captain 'Maxime Gonalons' gives us an important win over 'Stade Rennais' who have also had a good start to the season.

AS Saint-Etienne 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-162-.png
    A good win against our fierce rivals in the Rhone derby.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-2 Manchester United (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-163-.png
    A brilliant win here. Midfielder 'Mohamed Diame' scored his first goal for the club in this great result.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 LOSC Lille (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-164-.png
    A good performance over a strong 'Lille' side. Goals from 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' & Bafetimbi Gomis' gave us our victory.

Paris Saint-Germain 4-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-165-.png
    PSG smash us in Paris as we record our first victory of the season. We were poor in every department, and have to bounce back from this.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-166-.png
    We are 7 points clear at the top of the league with about a third of the season gone. We have played a game more than most other sides so our lead could be cut down to 4 points depending on results.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-167-.png
    Right-Back 'Miguel Lopes was our best player this month, putting in some strong defensive performances & scoring 2 goals.

What To Expect In The Next update

Can we bounce back from the thrashing PSG gave us, or is this the end of our brilliant run?

28. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

November
    A tough set of fixtures, but we do well.
    I'm surprised at how well were doing so far this season.

November Fixtures

Manchester United 3-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-168-.png
    We were easily beaten by Man Utd at Old Trafford. 'Javier Hernandez' ran rings around my defence. I didn't expect anything out of this game though, so I can't be too disappointed.

Olympique Lyonnais 4-2 AS Nancy Lorraine (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-169-.png
    Back to winning ways with a 4-2 win over 'AS Nancy Lorraine'. Goals came in two's in this game. Both 'Miguel Lopes' & 'Bafetimbi Gomis' scored 2 goals each, while the opposition striker scored a brace to give his side 2 goals.

AS Monaco 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-170-.png
    We come away with a point in what was a very even game against Monaco. Despite the fact Monaco are really struggling so far this season, I am fine with the draw.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Spartak Moscow (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-171-.png
    A good performance against the Russian giants. Defender 'Samuel Umtiti' with the winner as we qualify to the knock-out rounds of the Champions League with a game remaining.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 Olympique De Marsielle (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-172-.png
    A very good performance as we get a 3-1 win over rivals 'Marsielle'. 'Bafetimbi Gomis' manages to score a brace for the 2nd time this month.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-173-.png
    We are an amazing 10 points clear of 2nd placed PSG. I never expected to be doing so well. Both 'AS Monaco' & 'PSG' have spent over £100mil & 'Marsielle' have spent a fair amount and yet we are well clear of them.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-174-.png
    'Bafetimbi Gomis' was our best player this month. The striker has played very well scoring 4 goals this month.

How much longer can we keep up our amazing run of form?

29. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

December

Our good form dies

We struggle in the league this month.

December Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 Evian TG FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-175-.png
    A disappointing draw at home to a mid-table side. We were the better side, and created some good chances but struggled to put them away.

Galatasaray 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-176-.png
    A good win over the Turkish giants. We went behind very early in the game, and didn't play very well during the first half. We scored 3 goals in the final 20 minutes of the game to give us a 3-1 victory.

SC Bastia 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-177-.png
    An awful performance. When we took the lead in the 2nd minute I thought we were going to have a good game, but we failed to perform and record a very disappointing loss.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 AS Saint-Etienne (Coupe De La Ligue 4th Round)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-178-.png
    Another really poor performance and result. We are kicked out of the 'Coupe De La Ligue' by our fierce rivals. What made the defeat even more disappointing was that we had an extra man for about 60% of the match and still didn't do much.

Stade Lavallois MFC 2-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-179-.png
    Back to winning ways, but we almost done the unthinkable and threw away a 2-0 lead against a relegation threatened side with 10 men. We end up winning 3-2.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-180-.png
    We are 8 points clear at the top of the league at the half-way stage in the season. We've been brilliant up until this month. We need to play like how we did prior to this month if we are to keep our great position in the league.

Our Champions League Group Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-182-.png
    We've done well & finish 2nd in our group & have Champions League football to look forward to after the winter break. Finishing 2nd obviously means we are unlikely to get a favourable draw, but we can hope.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-181-.png
    Central defender 'Samuel Umtiti' was our best player this month. He's played fairly well in defence and managed to score 2 goals.

Can we get our good form back?
    Will there be any new signings? We don't have much money, but I do have a few targets.
    LovanoFM likes this.

30. How poor are Monaco doing!? Great story though mate KIU

31. Quote Originally Posted by Jxck View Post
    How poor are Monaco doing!? Great story though mate KIU
    Thanks .
    I don't know what's happened to Monaco this season, not that I'm complaining lol.

32. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

January

A fairly poor month.
    Our great start to the season really has fizzled out.
    We bring in 1 new player. No permanent outgoings.

New Signings

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-183-.png
    Joshua Guilavogui (£3.3mil From Athletico Madrid) - We bring in 24 year old defensive midfielder 'Joshua Guilavougi' to give us extra options in midfield. He's fairly versatile & can also play in central defence & central midfield.

Transfer Centre

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-184-.png
    No permanent outgoings, just a few young players going out on loan.

January Fixtures

Rodez Aveyron Football 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup 9th Round)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-185-.png
    We get past our much weaker opponents to advance in the 'French Cup' but I had expected to record a much more comfortable win.

Olympique Lyonnais 5-0 FC Lorient (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-186-.png
    What a performance! We smash an overachieving 'FC Lorient' side who are challenging for a champions league spot. Central midfielder 'Clement Grenier' had an amazing game and scored a hat-trick.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 Paris Saint-Germain (French Cup 10th Round)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-187-.png
    PSG kick us out of the 'French Cup'. We could do nothing to stop 'Zlatan Ibrahimovic' from scoring the winner.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 Valenciennes FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-188-.png
    A very poor performance. We couldn't even register a shot on target. Our opponents didn't threaten much either and a dull 0-0 was about right.

FC Nantes 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-189-.png
    More points dropped to a poor side as we lose to struggling 'FC Nantes'. If we keep this poor form up it won't be long before we throw away our position at the top of the league.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-1 Girondins Bordeaux (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-190-.png
    A draw with 'Bordeaux' isn't the worst result in the world but I'm still a bit disappointed with only a point. We had enough good chances to win the game but failed to take them.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-191-.png
    After a poor month, our lead at the top of the table is cut down to 5 points. Both 'Stade Rennais FC' & 'Lorient FC' are on good form and are both 5 points behind us. We really need to improve otherwise we will be caught up in the near future.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-192-.png
    Central midfielder 'Clement Grenier' was our best player this month. He is the only one who had an impressive month.

Will our form improve?
    How will new signing 'Joshua Guilavougi' perform?
    We have Arsenal in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round. How will we fare?
    coolmcool likes this.

33. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

February
    We have a better month.
    We didn't face any of the top teams in the league this month.

Angers SCO 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-194-.png
    2 late goals from 'Samuel Umtiti' & 'Yassine Benzia' give us a deserved 2-0 over 'Angers SCO'.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 Toulouse FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-195-.png
    A good performance as we comfortably beat 'Toulouse FC'.

Stade De Remis 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-196-.png
    Very disappointing to lose to a relegation threatened side, especially after taking the lead early on.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Arsenal (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-197-.png
    A very good performance. We do well to beat Arsenal, while also limiting them to just 1 shot on target. Still we will need to be on top of our game to get through the 2nd leg.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 AJ Ajaccio (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-198-.png
    A brace from 'Yassine Benzia' helps us to achieve a 3-1 win over 'AJ Ajaccio'.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-199-.png
    We are 7 points clear at the top of the league. 2nd placed 'FC Lorient' are looking really strong for some reason, and we'll have to perform well in the final months of the season to keep our position at the top.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-200-.png
    'Yassine Benzia' was our best player this month. The striker has performed very well scoring 5 goals this month.

Our youth intake.
    Last year we had an amazing youth intake. Will we have another one?

34. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

Youth Intake

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-201-.png
    It was an average youth intake. We have one very good prospect & about 4 others who may make the grade with the right training.

Best Youth

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-202-.png
    Jose Carlos Bastida - The Spanish central defender was our best prospect, and he looks like he could become a very good player in the future with the right training. I will get him a tutor with high determination & hopefully we will see him develop well.

The month of March.
    A few tricky fixtures in the league.
    Do we get past Arsenal in the Champions League?

35. Used to love Lyon back when they had one of my favourite fm players Sonny Anderson! KIU
    Kerguelen likes this.

36. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

March
    Mixed fortunes in the league.
    We got past Arsenal in the Champions League.

March Fixtures

Stade Rennais FC 2-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-203-.png
    A 2-2 draw at 'Stade Rennais' is a decent result considering they are currently 3rd in the table.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 AS Saint-Etienne (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-204-.png
    We come away with a really impressive victory in the Rhone derby. 'Yassine Benzia' who is in great form at the moment scored a brace.

Arsenal 0-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League First Knockout Round / Second Leg)
    We win 1-0 on aggregate.
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-205-.png
    We manage to get past Arsenal with a 1-0 aggregate victory after holding out for a goalless draw at the Emirates Stadium.

LOSC Lille 4-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-206-.png
    Really disappointing. I knew we were not favourites to win this game, but the performance here was just awful. Our defence didn't seem to know what to do.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-207-.png
    8 games to go and 8 points clear at the top. Considering what the remaining fixture list looks like for us I'm still not confident of winning the league yet which may be surprising to hear.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-208-.png
    'Yassine Benzia' was our best player this month. The striker has continued his fine form and is our player of the month for the 2nd month in a row.

PSG, Man Utd twice, Monaco & Marsielle. This won't be pretty.

37. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

April
    An awful month.
    By far my worst month at the club
    We look to be throwing away the title.

April Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 3-2 Paris Saint-Germain (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-211-.png
    The month actually started off well with a deserved 3-2 win over 'PSG'. We probably should have won by a larger margain.

Manchester United 3-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Quarter Finals / 1st Leg)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (211).png
Views:	59
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	646408
    We are definitely going out of the Champions League as we won't turn around a 3-0 defeat to a side like Man Utd. We done well to get this far in all honesty.

AS Nancy Lorraine 3-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-213-.png
    This was supposed to be our only easy game this month on paper, and we completely fucked up. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-4 Manchester United (Champions League Quarter Finals / 2nd Leg)
    Man Utd win 7-0 on aggregate.
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-214-.png
    This was never going to be pretty after we got a man sent off literally straight after kick-off. We played almost 90 minutes with 10 men so it's no surprise 'Man Utd' smash us. We lose 7-0 on aggregate which is pretty embarrassing.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-1 AS Monaco (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-215-.png
    While a draw against 'Monaco' who I usually struggle against shouldn't be considered a bad result, it didn't help us. We really needed the win as the title chasers are closing in on us.

Olympique De Marsielle 0-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-216-.png
    Again, a draw at 'Marsielle' is usually a good result it didn't help us as title chasing 'FC Lorient' have closed the gap even further.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-217-.png
    With just 4 games left in the league we are 3 points clear of 'FC Lorient' who have surprised everyone with their title challenge.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-images.jpg
    Really!?! Did you actually think someone was going to be awarded player of the month after those performances??

A very nervy final 4 games.
    Do we win the title or so we spectacularly fuck things up?

38. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

May
    A very nervy month.
    It was very close in the end.

May Fixtures

Evian TG FC 3-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-218-.png
    Another defeat . We were really poor out there today. We can't afford to lose another game.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 SC Bastia (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-219-.png
    Finally something to cheer about. A good performance & a good 3-0 win over 'SC Bastia'.

FC Lorient 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-220-.png
    The most important game of our season. It was very tense, every time they had an attack I was fearing the worst, but we came away with that invaluable victory. We just need to avoid a heavy defeat in our final game and the league is ours.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-2 OGC Nice (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-221-.png
    A draw in our final league match wins us the league. I though we would win this game after going 2-0 up early in the 2nd half, but our opponents fought back to get a 2-2 draw.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-222-.png
    We win the league by 1. 'FC Lorient' shocked everyone by putting up a title challenge and coming 2nd. 'Olympique De Marsielle' who won the league last year had an awful season this year finishing 9th, which resulted in their manager getting the sack.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-223-.png
    'Clement Grenier' was our best player this month. He pulled the strings in midfield, and is definitely a candidate for player of the year.

A review of this season, player stats, player awards etc.

39. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

Season Review
    Overall it was a good season, despite our poor form in the final couple of months.
    We won the Ligue 1, my first trophy at the club.
    We got to the Champions League quarter finals which was good.

Ligue 1 Final Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-222-.png
    So as you know we won the league by a point with 75 points in the end. 'FC Lorient' came 2nd which was a shock. 'Marsielle' only managed a 9th place finish after their poor season.

Stats

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-224-.png
    'Nelson Oliveria' of 'Stade Rennais FC' was the leagues top scored with 22 goals. Out top league scorer was 'Yassine Benzia' 19.
    'Clement Grenier' had an average rating of 7.49 over the season, and 'Miguel Lopes' had an average of 7.26, which was the 2nd and 3rd best in the league.
    'Jean-Landry Bassilekin' of 'AS Nancy Lorraine' had the leagues most assists with 16. For us 'Clement Grenier' had the most assists in the league with 12.

Stars Team Of The Season

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-226-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-225-.png
    We had 3 players in the stars team of the season Miguel Lopes, Henri Bedimo' & Clement Grenier.
    Clement Grenier was voted as the Ligue 1 star of the season.

Ligue 1 Team Of The Season

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-228-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-227-.png
    We had 2 players in the 'Ligue 1 Team Of The Season'. Right-back 'Miguel Lopes & central midfielder 'Clement Grenier' were our 2 players.
    Clement Grenier was also voted as the Ligue 1 player of the season.

Player Of The Season

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-229-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-232-.png
    'Clement Grenier' was voted as our player of the season, and I would definitely agree with that. The midfielder has been amazing this campaign.

Young Player Of The Year

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-230-.png
    'Yassine Benzia' was our best young player this season. He had another amazing season scoring 19 league goals in 33 league appearances. In all competitions he had 20 goals in 41 appearances.

I was Voted Manager Of The Season

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-231-.png
    After winning the Ligue 1 I was voted as manager of the season.

Olympique Lyonnais Best 11 Announced

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-233-.png Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-235-.png
    Our best 11 has been announced, with 'Clement Grenier' being noted as the best player overall.

French Trophy Winners
    French Champions Trophy - AS Monaco
    Coupe De La Ligue - Olympique De Marsielle
    French Cup - LE MANS FC
    Ligue 1 - Olympique Lyonnais

Continental Trophy Winners

Europa League - Athletico Madrid
    Champions League - Manchester United (Not with David Moyes, but with Diego Simeone)

Pre-Season for our upcoming season.
    New transfers, outgoing transfers, friendlies etc.

40. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

Pre-Season (2015-2016)

A good pre-season.
    We tour Denmark & Finland for our pre-season friendlies.
    A fair amount of activity in the transfer window.

Pre-Season Fixtures

AC Horsens 1-5 Olympique Lyonnais

HB Koge 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

Lyngby 1-6 Olympique Lyonnais

Honka 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

ROPS 2-3 Olympique Lyonnais

TPS 0-4 Olympique Lyonnais

A good pre-season for us as we win all our of our 6 fixtures in Denmark & Finland. Our opponents were not exactly the most challenging of teams so I expected to win all of the friendlies.

Transfer Budget / Season Expectations

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-236-.png
    The minimum expectations were to challenge for the title & as a result I was given a transfer budget of £19mil.

Players In

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-250-.png
    El-Hadji Diop (£1.5mil From Montpellier HSC) - He's a player my DOF signed. With the right training I think he can be a good player in the future.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-251-.png
    Mory Kone (£3.9mil From Parma ) - We bring in the 21 year old central defender for just under 4mil. We battled with 'Marsielle' to sign him. He will mainly be used as a rotation player this season, but in future I can see him becoming a main player in my starting XI.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-252-.png
    Marvin Martin (£7mil From LOSC Lille) - We bring in attacking midfielder 'Marvin Martin' from Lille for £7mil. He will go straight into the first team.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-253-.png
    Kevin Constant (£4.6mil From AC Milan) - We bring in the attacking full-back from AC Milan. He will battle for the left-back position with the 'Henri Bedimo'.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-254-.png
    Slobodan Medojevic (£3.7mil From Wolfsburg) - We bring in the versatile defensive midfielder, who can play comfortably in a variety of positions. He will provide good cover for us, and will most likely get a fair amount of playing time.

Transfer Centre

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-255-.png
    A lot of players leave on loan, and a few players leave permanently.
    The most notable departure is 'Ezequiel Rescaldani' joining German side 'Schalke' for a fee of £6mil. He only managed 1 goal last season despite playing 29 games, so I'm happy to get so much for him.

We play in the 'French Champions Trophy'. Can I pick up more silverware?
    Do we get off to a good start in the league?
    How do our new signings play?

41. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

August
    We start the new season very well.
    We add another trophy (French Champions Trophy) to the cabinet.

August Fixtures

LE MANS FC 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (French Champions Trophy)*****FINALS*****
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-256-.png
    A perfect way to start the season. We win the French Champions Trophy after a comfortable 2-0 win over 'Le Mans' Our opponents had caused a shock by winning the 'French Cup' last season, but we were not going to let them cause a shock against us.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 Olympique De Marsielle (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-257-.png
    A brilliant performance & win as we record a 3-0 win over one of our fierce competitive rivals.

Toulouse FC 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-258-.png
    We record the win away at Toulouse which we wanted. It was a fairly even game though.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 Angers SCO (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-259-.png
    Disappointment as we can only manage a home draw against a team expected to be battling against relegation.

AS Nancy Lorraine 0-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-260-.png
    A hat-trick from 'Yassine Benzia' gives us a 3-0 win over 'Nancy Lorraine'.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 AS Saint-Etienne (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-261-.png
    We triumph in the Rhone derby against our fierce rivals. It didn't look like we were going to record the win we deserved, but we scored 2 late goals to take the victory.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-262-.png
    After 5 games we are 3 points clear at the top of the table. It's early days though so a lot can & will change.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-263-.png
    Striker 'Yassine Benzia' has had a great month, scoring 5 goals in 5 games.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-264-.png
    A tricky group. Chelsea should easily win the group, while we will battle with 'Dynamo Kiev' for 2nd place. Hungarian side 'Videoton' will be hoping to keep results respectable against the rest of us.

Will our good start to the campaign continue?

42. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

September
    Our fine start to the season continued, until we faced Chelsea...

September Fixtures

Valenciennes FC 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-265-.png
    A goal from 'Yohan Gourcuff' just after half-time gives us the win we came here for.

Videoton 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-266-.png
    Very happy because 16 year old striker 'David Thomas' scored his first professional goal. He's the wonderkid that came through my academy in the first season. I'm very sure you will hear a lot more about him in the very near future.

Olympique Lyonnais 4-0 FC Sochaux-Montbe (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-267-.png
    A really good performance as we smash 'Schoaux-Montbe' 4-0. Forward 'Alexandre Lacazette' managed to score a brace.

ESTAC Troyes 0-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-268-.png
    A late goal from 'Clement Grenier' gives us the 3 points we came here for.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Stade Rennais FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-269-.png
    Overall a pretty dull game which would have probably bored the fans. We do get the win in the end which is all that matters.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-4 Chelsea (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-270-.png
    Chelsea showed us that there is still a huge difference in quality between the top sides in France & the top sides in England.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-271-.png
    We are 6 points clear at the top, but it's still very early days. 'SC Basta' have shocked everyone with their start and are in 2nd place, with PSG in 3rd.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-272-.png
    'Miguel Lopes' was our best player this month. He was very solid in defence.

Does the heavy loss to Chelsea spell the end of our great start to the season?

43. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

October
    The heavy defeat to Chelsea really looks to have rattled us.
    It was a fairly poor month.

October Fixtures

Montpellier HSC 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-273-.png
    Despite taking an early lead we were unable to progress in this game and ended up losing 2-1. 'Remy Cabella' who i was interested in signing during the summer had a good game against us.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 OGC Nice (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-274-.png
    A goal from 'Clement Grenier' half-way through the first half sealed our victory over 'Nice'.

Dynamo Kiev 1-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-275-.png
    A fairly rough tackling 'Dynamo Kiev' side managed to beat us, while also injuring 2 of our key players. 'Miguel Lopes' & 'Clement Grenier' both picked up injuries, but fortunately none were long term.

FC Nantes 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-276-.png
    Struggling 'FC Nantes' manage to beat us and drag themselves our of the relegation zone. It seems to be a common theme, when we play away to smaller sides we take the lead, and then go behind. Might have to tweak a few things tactically.

SC Bastia 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-277-.png
    This time it was us who came back from a goal down. We absolutely dominated and if we had taken all our chances we would had won by a landslide.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-278-.png
    We are still top by 6 points, but it means nothing to me right now. PSG have a game in hand & then their next fixture after is us at their ground. We could be behind them on goal difference in the next few days.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-279-.png
    Attacking midfielder 'Marvin Martin' was our best player this month. He put in some good performances and was our most creative player.

Will we have a positive November?

44. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

November
    A better month.
    This was was actually our last month in our current stadium 'Stade De Garland'.
    We will be moving into a new 60,000 seater stadium called 'Stade Des Lumieres' (Meaning 'Stadium Of Light')

November Fixtures

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 Dynamo Kiev (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-280-.png
    It was one of those games that make some people question FM. We absolutely dominated, had 3 goals disallowed, had numerous clear cut chances & yet we lose by conceding a fluke goal .

Olympique Lyonnais 4-2 Girondins Bordeaux (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-281-.png
    It was the 'Bafetimbi Gomis' show, as our striker scored all 4 of our goals to give us a deserved win.

LOSC Lille 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-282-.png
    We come back from a goal down to earn a good 2-1 win over a strong 'Lille' side.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 Videoton (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-283-.png
    'Mohamed Yattara' scored a hat-trick to give us the 3 points against our Hungarian opponents.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 AS Monaco (Ligue 1)

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-284-.png
    I always struggle against 'Monaco' so a bore draw is no real surprise.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-285-.png
    Already it's looking like a 2 horse race between ourselves & PSG. I would definitely consider 'PSG' the favourites to go on and win the title though.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-286-.png
    'Bafetimbi Gomis' who scored 4 goals in 1 match against 'Bordeaux' was probably our best player this month because of that performance.

We move into our new stadium.
    I have a history of doing very poor after a stadium move, so I'm a bit worried.

45. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

December
    An awful month.
    My history of doing bad after moving to a new stadium continues.
    Injuries galore as well which made this month even more annoying

Stadium Move

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-287-.png
    So we complete our move to the 58,000 seater 'Stade Des Lumieres (translated as 'Stadium Of Light').

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-stade-des-lumieres-lyon-7065.jpg Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-60967.jpg
    This is what the new stadium is supposed to look like when it's complete, or according to the images I could find on google...

December Fixtures

Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-288-.png
    After this defeat 'PSG' overtook us in the league on goal difference. We were unlucky to lose, with 'PSG' scoring their only 2 shots on target.

FC Lorient 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-289-.png
    A good win for us against the side who finished 2nd last season. Young defender 'Jean-Francois Charles' scored his first ever goal.

Chelsea 0-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League Group Stage)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-290-.png
    We do well to hold 'Chelsea' to a 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-2 Toulouse FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-291-.png
    Very disappointing as we lose at home to 'Toulouse' despite taking an early lead. We so often lose games which we take early leads in. It definitely seems like complacency on behalf of my side.

SC Bastia 2-2 Olynpique Lyonnais (Coupe De La Ligue 4th Round)
    We win 9-8 on penalties.

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-292-.png
    We dominated the game, but failed to take our chances, and it ended up going to penalties. We ended up winning 9-8 but I still wasn't happy.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-2 AS Nancy Lorraine (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-293-.png
    FOR FUCKS SAKE! Losing at home to a side in the relegation zone is nothing short of embarrassing.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-294-.png
    After our poor month, and 'PSG' winning every game this month, we drop to 2nd and are 7 points behind 'PSG' although we do still have a game in hand. I honestly believe the title will end up in 'PSG's hands even though there's still half of the season left.

Player Of The Month

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  5.2 KB
    As if anyone was going to get a player of the month award after the pile of shit the team served up this month.

A much better month hopefully.
    There wont be any new signings as I have no money to spend right now.
    coolmcool likes this.

46. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

January
    A really good month.
    The only negative was 'PSG' also had a really good month.
    Wonderkid 'David Thomas' is progressing so well.

January Fixtures

Vesoul HS 0-8 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup 9th Round)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-296-.png
    We smash minnows 'Vesoul' 8-0 to progress to the next round of the French Cup.

Olympique Lyonnais 4-0 AC Ajaccio (Coupe De La Ligue Quarter Finals)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-297-.png
    A good performance as we smash 'Ajaccio' 4-0. All 4 goals came in the space of 5 minutes.

FC Nantes 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup 10th Round)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-298-.png
    A 2-0 win gets us past 'Nantes' in the French Cup.

AS Saint Etienne 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-299-.png
    We were held to a 1-1 draw by 'Saint-Etienne' in the Rhone derby. Our wonderkid striker 'David Thomas' scored our goal.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-0 Valenciennes FC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-300-.png
    A very good performance. Wonderkid 'David Thomas' was on the score-sheet for the 2nd match in a row.

FC Sochaux-Montbe 1-3 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-301-.png
    We get a good 3-1 win which I had expected.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-302-.png
    We are still 2nd, but now 12 points behind 'PSG'. We do still have 2 games in hand, and can reduce the gap to 6 points.

Champions League Group Stage

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-306-.png
    I forgot to show the group stage of the champions league last month. We ended up finishing 3rd after we lost twice to 'Dynamo Kiev'. Hopefully we can go on a long run in the Europa League.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-303-.png
    'Mohamed Diame' was our best player this month. He has been dominant in midfield recently.

Development Of Wonderkid 'David Thomas'

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-102-.pngMarch 2014 Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-304-.pngJanuary 2016
    'David Thomas' has progressed so much in less than 2 years. I really believe David will be one of the best players in the world in in the future, and could even be up there with the best regens ever (Aitor Herrera, Cristian Alonso). 'David' came through my youth intake in my first season. Next year he may well be the first choice striker, partnering either 'Yassine Benzia or 'Alexandre Lacazette'.

Any chance we can close the gap on 'PSG'?
    We play Southampton in the Europa League.
    LovanoFM likes this.

47. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

February
    Very inconsistent this month.
    A busy month with 8 fixtures.

February Fixtures

Olympique De Marsielle 2-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Coupe De La Ligue Semi Finals)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-307-.png
    'Olympique De Marsielle' kick us out of the 'Coupe De La Ligue' and will play 'PSG' in the finals.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 ESTAC Troyes (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-308-.png
    We score 2 late goals to give us a 2-1 win over 'Troyes' although I wasn't very convinced by our performance.

Angers SCO 1-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-309-.png
    Very disappointed to only get a draw against a struggling side. We were very poor and could consider ourselves lucky to even get a draw.

Stade Rennais FC 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-310-.png
    It happens all too often. We take an early lead and end up losing 2-1. It's about the 5 time it's happened this season.

Olympique Lyonnais 3-1 Southampton (Europa League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-311-.png
    A 3-1 win is a good start for us against what is a strong Southampton side. Unless we see a complete implosion in the away leg, we'll get through to the next round.

Olympique Lyonnais 0-1 Montpellier HSC (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-312-.png
    Very pissed off, but more with the referee than my team. The decision to give 'Montpellier' was an absolute joke of a decision.

Southampton 1-5 Olympique Lyonnais (Europa League 1st Knockout Round / Second Leg)
    We win 8-2 on aggregate.
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-313-.png
    Our best performance of the season as we destroy 'Southampton' in the 2nd leg and win 8-2 on aggregate. I had expected this to be a tough tie to get through, but it was anything but tough.

OGC Nice 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-314-.png
    Goals from 'Mory Kone' & 'Alexandre Lacazette' give us a 2-0 win over 'OGC Nice'.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-315-.png
    PSG have ran away with the league now and are an amazing 17 points clear of us in 2nd place. They haven't lost a game in any competition since September, and haven't dropped any points in any competition since October.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-316-.png
    Forward 'Alexandre Lacazette' was our best player this month.

Our youth intake. Will we have any wonderkids this year?

48. Good job mate! really good story to follow! have a look at my first attempt "Italian for Domination"
    Kerguelen likes this.

49. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

Youth Intake

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-317-.png
    Not a good youth intake . Only 1 player looks like having a chance of making it for us.

Best Youth

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-318-.png
    Mike Julienne - The defender was the best player to come out of this years youth intake. Weather he will be good enough to make it for us, only time will tell.

The month of March, which will be another busy month.

50. Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-488px-olympique_lyonnais.svg.png

March
    Another really mixed month.

March Fixtures

AJ Ajaccio 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais (French Cup 11th Round)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-319-.png
    2 goals just before half-time gave us a 2-0 win over 'AJ Ajaccio' and put us into the quarter finals of the French Cup.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-1 FC Nantes (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-320-.png
    A poor draw against a struggling Nantes side.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Bayern Leverkusen (Europa League 2nd Knockout Round / First Leg)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-321-.png
    We were dominant, but could only take a 1-0 lead into the game in Germany. It's going to be a very tough 2nd leg.

Evian TG FC 2-1 Olympique Lyonnais (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-322-.png
    A very poor performance as we lose to struggling 'Evian'.

Bayern Leverkusen 1-0 Olympique Lyonnais (Europa League 2nd Knockout Round / Second Leg)
    Bayern Leverkusen win 4-3 on penalties.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (322).png
Views:	41
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	659551
    The red card near the end of the first half cost us really badly, as up until then we were in control. With a man less we started to struggle, and couldn't do enough to get through and were knocked out on penalties.

Olympique Lyonnais 5-1 Paris Saint-Germain (French Cup Quarter Finals)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-324-.png
    This was our best performance of my reign so far. We smashed 'PSG' to inflict their first defeat in about 6 months. 'Clement Grenier' & 'Alexandre Lacazette' both managed to score a brace each.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 SC Bastia (Ligue 1)
    Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-325-.png
    We completely dominated 'SC Bastia' and should have won by more than just 1 goal, but in the end a win is all that matters.

Ligue 1 Table

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-326-.png
    'PSG' only need 1 more win to confirm they are champions, and there's still 2 months of the season left. We will be battling it out with 'Marsielle' for 2nd place, although we look more likely to take 2nd place.

Player Of The Month

Olympique Lyonnais - Revival Of The French Giants-screenshot-327-.png
    'Clement Grenier' was our best player this month.

What To Expect In The Next Month
    April is going to be a pretty busy month with 7 fixtures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO