• 2 Post By KLIPPYBO
  • 3 Post By KLIPPYBO
  • 1 Post By stonecold
  • 1 Post By KLIPPYBO
  • 1 Post By KLIPPYBO
  • 1 Post By stonecold
  • 1 Post By KLIPPYBO
  • 1 Post By stonecold

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??

1. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??

HELLO AND WELCOME!!!!!

After weeks and months of considering starting up an online save we have finally decided to try it out. We have played online before and usually get through a few seasons. Sometimes I have won and sometimes he has won and during the time there is much piss taking and sulking and verbal abuse so we are bringing it to the masses now.

We will probably do 6 monthly updates so its not going to be too heavy on detail. I am going Arsenal as I quite like them and he is going Man Utd as he is a supporter of them. Two even sides which should be interesting.

Please comment and give a shout out for who you are supporting in this battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

SEASON 1
    Arsenal - League Winners, FA Cup Winners
    Man Utd - 3rd in League, Europa League Winners
    ARSENAL WIN!!!

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 22/07/2014 at 05:51 PM.

2. Just like Edar Alvarez Balanta i voted for me!

3. Man Utd
    Name:  man utd.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  17.6 KB

The Greatest of them all.

Right i am mega biased as i've supported Man Utd since i knew of Football. We were playing Rapod Wien on a cold December night where Giggs had a awesome game and that was me hooked.

Fast forward to 2014 and we dont even have European Football to look forward to. Its not up to Louie van Gall but me to bring United back to there rightful place at the top!

4. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

ARSENAL

PRE-SEASON & AUGUST

Going into the save I was looking forward to being manager of the Gunners. Lots of fast, technical and versatile players which suits my system down to the ground!!

We are using my own updated database and as a result I have pre-empted Debuchy's transfer to Arsenal, Janmaat to Newcastle and Suarez to Barcelona.

Incoming staff wise is Les Reed as my new director of football and Rodolfo Borrell as head of youth development while amongst the other newcomers is former Gooners Andy Cole andDavid Platt.

--

TRANSFERS

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-transfers-transfer-history.png

Lots of activity here as you can see. I was delighted to bring in David Alaba for $20m from Bayern and also Andre Ayew from Marseille as I have seen him turn into a beast of a player before. I am also hoping Destro will develop nicely and I am excited about having Agustin Allione.

I am less excited about Jon Stones admittedly. I was so confident of getting in Eder Alvarez Balanta but he rejected me to sign for a shitty team up north who are managed by an idiot. That meant I had to get in someone else and I kinda thought Stones would be great but moments after signing him I had doubts!!!!

Regarding exits. All of them never had a future with me although Podolski only left when Ayew arrived and Mertesacker left to fund Balanta........... which didnt turn out to well!

Regarding players I missed out on apart from Balanta, I pulled out of a 10m deal for Moussa Sissoko as I couldnt get rid of Diaby. I failed to get Will Hughes who signed for that idiot up north but that doesnt tell the whole story as I had several bids accepted but didnt get a chance to offer a contract!!!!

I agreed to sign Gabriel Barbosa but pulled out of that deal to bring in Destro.

--

MY TEAM

I still havent settled on a first XI yet but I think it will be this when everyone is fully fit.

Szceszny

Alaba - Vermaelen - Koscielny - Debuchy

Wilshere - Ramsey

Cazorla (LW) - Ozil - Sanchez (RW)

Giroud

--

MATCHES SO FAR

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-fixtures-schedule.png

We have just played August and the next update will be at Christmas. I said when the game was loaded that we would probablyget Bilbao in the Champions League and naturally we pulled them out of the hat and I felt quite guilty in knocking them out.

In the league the only disaster was against Palace where we lost 1-0 but we had a goal disallowed so it was the refs fault.............

--

THEM UP NORTH

Somehow in this database Man Utd are in the Europa League so if the jammy bugger wins that I will not be happy!!

Obviously the main subject of my ire is that he got Eder Alvarez Balanta and he also got Phil Cannon and Paul Winsper in as coaches too.

To be fair I think our squads are quite even. Both are full of quality youngsters and both have 1 or 2 top notch superstars. However the fact that he signed Nicklas Bendtner means surely I have to finish above him...........
    AndySams10 and Taurul like this.

5. Summer 2013

Season so far

Name:  fix.png
Views: 662
Size:  487.9 KB

Name:  League.png
Views: 677
Size:  421.2 KB

3 wins to kick off the year then we were beaten by Stoke when the clock didnt slow down when i was making tactical changes and
    suddenly the match was over before my subs were made. Feel robbed but its chachter building i suppose. As you might have spotted there appears to be a bug in the that has for some reason allowed Man Utd into the Europa league! This amazing turn of events only came to me when it came to draw the group phase so thanks Pro or whoever you are that did the original database for letting me have some European football. I'd be happy to end up in the top 4 with a title challenge is the least Man Utd fans expect!

Transfers
    Name:  transfers.png
Views: 649
Size:  397.8 KB

I tidyed up the Defense which needs lots of work after loosing Rio & Vidic and long term i think i've made some amazing deals.

In
    Victor Valdes
    Name:  valdes.png
Views: 740
Size:  394.8 KB

I added him on deadline day to be my Europa League keeper. Will leave for a healthy sum next summer!

Eder Balanta
    Name:  balanta.png
Views: 675
Size:  378.8 KB

Seen him do well in other sages and i beat Klippybo to sign him which is even better! Long term partner for Phil Jones at the back

Doria
    Name:  doria.png
Views: 661
Size:  378.1 KB

Long term back up for my Center backs

Two of the best British youngsters Andrew Robertson & Will Hughes join yo be back ups while i pick up Nicklas Bendtner on a free with the plan to loan him then sell him in the summer as my plan to always turn a profit in the transfer market.

Out
    Valencia to Monaco for £18m, Hernandez to Barcelona £27m, Ashley Young to Newcastle for £7.5m & Tom Cleverly to Sunderland for £4m saw the flab from my squad cut for profit. 7000 youths were let go on a free with no prospective buyers. The best of my youth was loaned out

Staff In
    Name:  staff.png
Views: 673
Size:  255.9 KB

Fm legends Dave Parnaby, Phil Cannon, Jose Otxotorena, Ivan Carminati & Paul Winsper boost my amazing back team

Starting 11
    Name:  staff.png
Views: 673
Size:  255.9 KB

The back 5 may be sorted for a decade if all goes well. The midfield still needs some work with Carricks age and no top class player there. Mata & Januzaj can run the wins for years and RVP has been a huge flop so far but more of that to come. Rooney must be wondering what to do to get a game.

6. Going to follow this and that's the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold said so.
    stonecold likes this.

7. Nice starting 11 stonecold.. wait sorry that's the backroom staff again

8. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewElphinstone View Post
    Nice starting 11 stonecold.. wait sorry that's the backroom staff again
    just noticed that!!!!!!!! played up until November. we have had 1 hiccup but overcame that and all is going reasonably well

9. Quote Originally Posted by MatthewElphinstone View Post
    Nice starting 11 stonecold.. wait sorry that's the backroom staff again
    Might explain the lack of goals if Van Persie is on the bench for Brian McClair

10. Will be following!

11. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

ARSENAL

SEPTEMBER - JANUARY 1ST

So when I did my initial post we had a patchy start to the league and managed to get into the Champions League stage. What has followed has been full of incident, goals, disallowed goals, injuries, more disallowed goals, a hiccup and some more disallowed goals added on for good measure!!!!

--

ON THE FIELD

Firstly lets deal with the Capital One Cup. We got beat by Everton 2-0 (I had a goal disallowed) and that game from memory was when I was in an awful run of form and lost 3 games in a row.

--

Now for the Champions League. We were put in a group with PSG, Anderlecht and Sparta Prague and managed to get through in 2nd place. PSG scored 5 past us in both games. The first match we went 2-0 up but lost 5-3 and in the 2nd I fielded a backup side and had a man sent-off early on but still went 1-0 up but lost 5-2.

We won the other games easily enough but I was fuming when my internet went off for the last game against Sparta Prague and my assistant played Ozil and Vermaelen when they were not fit. Ozil scored twice but as a result he missed the next game against Everton which I was resting him for.

The draw was not kind and in true Arsenal fashion they pay the price for finishing 2nd as we got drawn against Real Madrid.

As for the Barclays Premier League, well it has been eventful to say the least. I had a patchy run of form as we drew at home to QPR and lost away to Liverpool but then things clicked and we won 11 games in a row and kept 8 clean sheets in the process. The run was ended in the last game of the calendar year when we drew 2-2 with Newcastle but I had an early goal disallowed.

Man City were unbeaten when we thumped them, Chelsea were miles ahead when we beat them away (Allione had a goal chalked off), Everton were beaten easily (2 goals disallowed there) and West Ham were humiliated as we trounced them 6-0.

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-fixtures-schedule.pngKlippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-fixtures-schedule-2.png
    Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-barclays-premier-league_-overview-stages.png

--

THE SQUAD

At the start I wasnt happy. After 6 or 7 games everyone had a rating below 7.00, my strikers werent scoring and Ozil was horrendous but despite having some injuries to key players like Sanchez for 2 months, and Giroud for 1 month, my players have kicked into gear and are blossoming.

Mesut Ozil has been outstanding. He scores plenty and assists plenty too in the AMC position and Cazorla has been just as good on the LW. After a slow start Giroud has started to show his worth and may just be my 1st choice striker but I have yet to give Sanchez a proper run up front as he was injured. My 2 full backs, Debuchy and Alaba, have also been highly impressive and deserve a mention.

My backups when they have came in have excelled. Destro scores whenever he plays it seems like and scored the winner against Chelsea, Allione has impressed and keeps getting goals disallowed lol, Ayew has been immense, Walcott was amazing when he was given a few games up front, hell even Abou Diaby has had a few good games!!!!

On the downside is Alexis Sanchez. He has been disappointing but has not had any luck. I may move him up front in due course but I will have to pick my moment carefully to do so.

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-squad-players.png

--

THEM UP NORTH

Dont care lol. Judging by the messages he has sent me and after looking at the table it seems that a lack of goals is a problem for Darran. Whereas we are demolishing teams his side seem to sneak through by the odd goal. Is this how the land lies or are they going to click into gear for the second half of the season.

WE PLAY EACH OTHER ON THE 1ST OF JANUARY - THE NEXT MATCH

--

OVERALL

I am a happy bunny!!! I dont think we will overtake Chelsea as they look really strong and in all honesty we fluked the win against them. A Champions League place is surely in the bag so as long as we finish above you-know-who I will be happy and if we can retain the FA Cup then I will be delighted.

The board gave me an extra $20m in November so I may make a signing in the January window.

--

GAME ISSUES

We have had a few! When we played up to November we were at my house and it was ok speedwise but tonight has been a struggle as it took 3 hours to do 2 months!!! Fortunately we dont live too far away from each other so we can meet up occasionally to blast through a few months.

The major hiccup came when Darran got a run time error and we had played 3 games in just over a week (I had beaten Man City, Anderlecht and WBA) and had to replay them so we went on holiday on each game day so I could get my wins back!!! As a result of this Darran picked up 2 extra points in the league so if he finishes above me by 1pt he will never hear the end of it!!!!

We now save it every week.

Thats it. Please post comments!!!

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 17/07/2014 at 12:46 AM.
    Taurul likes this.

12. The Season so far

Were like a sick car. Its getting there but its just not running right
Views: 494
Size:  526.0 KB

Goals have been a nightmare to comeby. RVP was horrific at the start and as i write this we've only scored more than 2 goals on three occasions while the other big 3 have been racking them up. Despite being in good shape to reach the Champions League i decided by December a change had to be made so i've been tinkering with my tactics over the last 6 games. I really need to have a answer NOW as we play each other in the next game. The tampering with my side certainly cost us a chance at the Carling cup which was my security blanket for the trophy cabinet this term.

Premiership
    Name:  premier.png
Views: 481
Size:  424.1 KB

Well haf way through and i think Chelsea are gone. Klippybo's form since "runtimegate" has been ominous and i really need a result against him to stay in the fight. Defeat could basicaly end our season but even if we go on a bad run the rest of the top 6 are not far away.

Europa League
    Name:  euro.png
Views: 477
Size:  500.6 KB

Perfect 6/6 even with a ever changing side. Wolfsburg await in the last 32. On a side not we figured Man Utd got the Extra Europa League place thanks to Chelsea winning the trophy in 2012/13 giving England the extra spot.

The Team
    Name:  team stats.png
Views: 481
Size:  355.7 KB

As the line up shows injurys have not helped. Balanta, Shaw, De Gea and Herrera have all missed about half the season and RVP is halfway through a 2 month lay off himself. Tough to find positives but Andrew Robertson has been my best player so far amazingly while Nani's goal scoring run in October brought us off the canvas when our strikers were at there very worst.

Going Forward
    My two next games are of immesurable importants. Arsenal in the league then spurs in the cup. With untried tactics and positioning its a total gamble but hey im not trying to add drama here. If it goes pear shaped then i may have a busy January building for next year and sorting out a system im happy with in the Premiership.

As i havent had a runtime error prior to this save the 2 points i got for the Villa win were only secured so Klippy could get him win back. At that point in the season i said i didnt care about the result as my side were still gelling and there was bound to be dodgy results here and there as i said multiple times. The precedence has been set now!

13. 2 Grand on Klippybo to win

14. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

JANUARY 1ST 2014

MANCHESTER UNITED v ARSENAL

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-man-utd-v-arsenal_-overview-overview.pngKlippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-man-utd-v-arsenal_-stats-match-stats.png

Victory is mine!!!!!! We open up an 8pt gap over them up north with this fantastic victory.

He had the better of the first half as my players seemed to just want to kick lumps out of his which is understandable cos after all they are Man Utd lol. In all honesty during the 1st half I felt that if we got to half time level we would go on to win as we always dominate the 2nd half of games and I would get to shout abuse at my players in the team talk.

Sure enough that happened. Moments after I brought Walcott on for Giroud and shoved Sanchez up front, Theo was involved in the move that set up the opener for Ozil. Sanchez added a 2nd and although Gibbs got taken off injured late on it was a very good day at the office.

After the game Sanchez came out and praised me for having faith in him and in my news feed it said that the Man Utd fans arent happy with Mr. Donald's defensive tactics. Is this a sign of things to come?

To be fair Darran was missing several players and he hasnt settled on a tactic yet and on the positive side he had more posession than me which never happens so that is a glimmer of hope, I think.

epic terrorist, naterr and Harryy like this.

15. Wow, this has potential to be one of the best FM stories ever. Hope you guys keep it up. Also, no matter how much i adore Klippy, in this one i cheer for Stonecold, loved his Aberdeen story.

16. I will be following this! it's different from the usual stories and I'm hoping to see lots of banter/slagging each other off!

17. January

The month went downhill faster than the Arsenal game.
    Name:  arsenal game.png
Views: 392
Size:  457.1 KB

So onto the Arsenal game. We were in charge of possession and making all the early running when i seen a different side to the all conquering Arsenal team. Both my central midfielders were kicked off the park and we were left with Will Hughes & Darren Fletcher. Johnny Evans & Chris Smalling would go down too before the end. The only surprise from the game was we didnt score. No real positives from here for United.

Views: 601
Size:  514.0 KB

Following that we blundered against Spurs loosing with 4 goals in 10 minutes in a replay. Tight wins against Stoke & West Ham but a poor defeat to Hull and a goalless draw with Southampton leads us up to game with Chelsea.

Name:  league.png
Views: 396
Size:  428.7 KB

The League table shows 1st and 2nd are away so we'll be stuck fighting with Man City & Spurs for 3rd.

Transfers

I Bought two youths and sold Anderson & Marnick Vermijl
    Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-youth-1.pngKlippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-youth-2.png

18. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

JANUARY

Wasnt really going to bother with a January update but I might as well lol.

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-fixtures-schedule-3.png

A perfect month!!! The Man Utd game has already been mentioned so I wont delve into that any more. Every game was pretty much a routine win to be honest but I was especially pleased with the Everton cup game as I was without 7 or 8 players yet we still managed to win and will face Man City in the next round of the cup.

The game against Spurs was incredible. They dominated and had over 20 shots on goal, we had 11, 5 on target and scored 5 goals!!! Such ruthlessness in front of goal some other managers can only dream about (ahem)!!!!

We are on a long unbeaten run in the league and hopefully we can keep it going. We have a 1pt lead over Chelsea so fingers crossed that we can make that gap bigger!

--

THE SQUAD

I have had a few injuries. Wilshere was missing for the whole month (Ayew came in and did fantastic). Vermaelen and Stones has also been missing while Bellusci and Koscielny picked up suspensions so I had to bring in another CB.

I bid $13m for Caulker, $15m for Yanga-Mbiwa, $15m for Laporte, $20m for Inigo Martinez, $14m for Chalobah and $10m for Papadopoulos but none came off so in the end I plumped for this guy........

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-jonathan-tah_-overview-attributes.png
    JONATHAN TAH

I had several bids rejected and then I decided to just pay the $21m to activate his release clause. I have never had him before, never seen him to tell the truth but my scouts rave about him and at the age of 17 he looks like he could turn into a beast of a player.

--

LOOKING FORWARD

Everything is going superbly. So much so that I am beginning to think a slump has to happen soon. I am not bothered about the Champions League as Real Madrid will probably beat us. I am not overly bothered about the FA Cup to tell the truth but I am going to try my damndest to win the title.
    Taurul and iArsenal11 like this.

19. This story looks great and its a good read. It will be interesting if you keep this going for a few years and see who can pick up the better regens in the game. I was wondering whether it was possible to see some screenshots of both of your tactics? It would be great to see how you both play and see if there are any major differences. I can understand if you dont want to give everything away however as you are playing directly against each other.

20. My tactics are a utter mess. I've had 4-3-2-1 but couldnt score, then went 4-2-3-1, but couldnt score then though i was onto something with a 4-2-2-2 but then capitulated at the back and quickly forgot how to score again. So the hunt for goals goes on
    KLIPPYBO likes this.

21. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bcfc1 View Post
    This story looks great and its a good read. It will be interesting if you keep this going for a few years and see who can pick up the better regens in the game. I was wondering whether it was possible to see some screenshots of both of your tactics? It would be great to see how you both play and see if there are any major differences. I can understand if you dont want to give everything away however as you are playing directly against each other.
    Methinks even the eskimo's know my tactics by now..............

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-tactics-overview.pngKlippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-tactics-team.png

What might amaze even Darran is I still havent decided on my best XI!!!!! RW and ST continually get chopped and changed.

As ever the player roles change depending on the player, for instance, if Giroud plays - he plays as a target man.

Also if I have a winger who cant play on the opposite wing I dont make the wingers change during the match.
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 17/07/2014 at 08:55 PM.

22. Quote Originally Posted by KLIPPYBO View Post
    Methinks even the eskimo's know my tactics by now..............

Attachment 641987Attachment 641988

What might amaze even Darran is I still havent decided on my best XI!!!!! RW and ST continually get chopped and changed.

As ever the player roles change depending on the player, for instance, if Giroud plays - he plays as a target man.

Also if I have a winger who cant play on the opposite wing I dont make the wingers change during the match.

Ive seen your formation from your Bilbao story and I cant believe you play the same tactic in England and Spain. Ive always felt I need more muscle in the Premier league. If I had your squad for example I would rotate Ramsey and Wilshere in midfield as a DLP and play them with Flamini who would be a BWM most likely.

Even on saves when I am in 2030+ with a squad that dominate every game I still need to play a BWM or Anchor Man in most premier league games.

23. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    My tactics are a utter mess. I've had 4-3-2-1 but couldnt score, then went 4-2-3-1, but couldnt score then though i was onto something with a 4-2-2-2 but then capitulated at the back and quickly forgot how to score again. So the hunt for goals goes on
    If you need a tactic that gets goals i have one if you're desperate (well it averages 3. something goals a game for my Aberdeen team that is the best team in Scotland but you know)

24. Quote Originally Posted by MatthewElphinstone View Post
    If you need a tactic that gets goals i have one if you're desperate (well it averages 3. something goals a game for my Aberdeen team that is the best team in Scotland but you know)

The tactic I started with dominated the spl with 3 different teams but was not doing the Buisness in the EPL. Will be settling on one for the rest of the season as I can't mess about with the boys at this stage of the season and hopefully getting settled for season 2

25. Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    The tactic I started with dominated the spl with 3 different teams but was not doing the Buisness in the EPL. Will be settling on one for the rest of the season as I can't mess about with the boys at this stage of the season and hopefully getting settled for season 2
    Fair enough, i've realised that this years edition seems to be more tactically diverse as some tactics fit the bill in Scotland but wouldn't in England and Spain.. it's interesting

26. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    We are hoping to get several hours in tonight. Hopefully we can finish the season.
    Dokara and coolmcool like this.

27. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    well it took us 6 hours from 1830-0030 but the season is finished. my season review will be posted tomorrow morning more than likely

28. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

ARSENAL

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Season number 1 is done and it was a very good one for the Gunners. When I last posted an update at the beginning of February we had a 1pt advantage at the top of the league and were due to face Real Madrid and Manchester City in the cups. This is how we got on.............

--

RESULTS

As you know we lost the Community Shield and went out of the Capital One Cup at the first hurdle so that left us with 3 trophies to aim for but the title was my main goal as I didnt think at the start of the season we had much of a chance of winning it so to grab it so early on and take advantage of Darran's poor start was a great incentive.

The first game in February was crucial as we won (cant remember who against) and Darran's Man Utd beat Chelsea 2-0 to show the rest of the league that they can do well when they felt like it. We won our next game and Chelsea slipped up again and we just kept on winning and winning and winning!!!!

By the time we faced Chelsea in the league we had a 5pt advantage and things were looking great but 11min into that game we had Alaba sent-off so I played the rest of the game without a striker and we went on to produce ourl best performance of the season as we won 3-0 and battered them.

We were 11pts clear with 5 games to go, had an unbeaten run of 28 games in the league when we faced Everton and we somehow lost 4-2 but Chelsea also slipped up so we were Champions with 4 games to play. I was annoyed at the Everton scoreline as I was thinking we could try and beat Arsenal's record for the most amount of games unbeaten.

Alas it was not to be and I played my youngsters in the final 4 games of the campaign and they didnt win 1 match!!! The final game was against Man Utd with both Darran and I playing our youngsters/backups and it ended in a 3-3 draw. The poor results made Chelsea catch up a bit and made the title race look a lot closer than it actually was!!! I was pleased that we managed to get over 100 goals too.

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-barclays-premier-league_-overview-stages.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 25 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
    W L W W L D W W W W W W W W W W W D W W W W W W W W W W W W D W W W L D L D

In the FA Cup we sneaked past Scunthorpe and Everton before facing Man City. We drew 0-0 at home with 10 men so I wasnt too confident going into the replay but we demolished them 6-4 to reach the quarter-finals. My youngsters beat Bolton after a replay and Sheffield Wednesday were beaten in the semis while Norwich (who defeated Chelsea in the other semi) lay in wait in the final.

It was the most nerve wracking match of the season too!!! We battered them from pillar to post and Ozil had a goal disallowed in the 2nd half. They didnt even have a shot on target and the longer the game went on the more messages I was getting from Darran laughing at our efforts. I had rested my first team for a whole month and this was what the FM gods were giving to me.

We then had Vermaelen sent-off which didnt go down to well with myself and we managed to reach extra-time. Norwich then came at us and actually managed a shot on target but then my signing of the season, Andre Ayew, struck with a few minutes left and we held on to capture the double and we retained the FA Cup.

Vermaelen's attempts at sabotage wasnt the first time in the season that he tried it and unfortunately he succeeded the first time in the Champions League. We beat Real Madrid 2-1 at home and were 1-0 up in the Bernabeau when he scored an own goal. We then suffered a mini collapse but Ozil scored a pen to have us a goal away from going through when Vermaelen scored ANOTHER own goal and we ended up losing 6-4 on aggregate.

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-fixtures-schedule.pngKlippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-fixtures-schedule-2.pngKlippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-fixtures-schedule-3.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

They pretty much all did better than expected I have to say!! Ozil and Cazorla were the 2 standouts but Giroud, Ayew, The Ox, Walcott, Destro and Sanchez all contributed a bundle of goals while David Alaba is the best left back in the game and regularly got assists as he went on to win the Young Player of the Year.
    Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-squad-players.png

The only downsides I can see there are that Ramsey and Wilshere should be contributing more than 1 goal a season between them and that we didnt see the best of Alexis Sanchez either although he always tended to score important goals at important times in the important games.

The youth intake was fairly average with this guy being the pick of the bunch....
    Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-bryan-jones_-overview-attributes.png

--

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
    MESUT OZIL
    Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-mesut.png

--

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON
    ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-alex-oxlade-chamberlain_-overview-attributes.png

--

OVERALL

Our dominance ot the title and the way we performed usually occurs after I have been at a club 3 or 4 years so this was a huge surprise. It also leaves me in a quandry - is this formation just perfect for the group of players at Arsenal or do I go out and buy better players even though the ones they will be replacing have done nothing wrong???

I continually chopped and changed my AMs and a special mention has to go out to Andre Ayew who performed remarkably in MC for a spell (and scored more goals there than Ramsey and Wilshere put together) and was excellent cover when Cazorla wasnt there.

I actually tried to sell Cazorla in August to fund a deal for Griezmann but there were no takers and in the end I was very fortunate about that!!!!

So into the summer we go. I will try and sell Diaby but other than that I have not a clue which area needs real strengthening. I have arranged for some youngsters to come in already and might grab a few more.

--

THEM UP NORTH

Didnt compete in the league at all. Didnt beat me. Will let him explain the rest!!!!

(To be fair from March onwards he reallly kicked into gear and they even scored a goal or two once or twice so I expect a closer battle next season!)

--

Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 20/07/2014 at 11:13 PM.

29. Season 1 Review

February was a utter nightmare after beating Chelsea we won 1 in the next 7. following that run the side finally kicked into gear with all competitions record of P16 w13 D2 L1. The loss being a back up side away to West Brom once 3rd place was set and rest was needed for the Europa League.
    Name:  manutd fix.png
Views: 314
Size:  539.2 KB

Youth Intake Sucked a couple with reasonable potential to bring in a few million in the future

Premiership - 3rd
    Name:  Premiership.png
Views: 300
Size:  437.9 KB

Very happy to finish the best of the rest after a mega sluggish winter. We finally turned it around and just as we looked like falling out of the top 4 we went on a 6 match winning run to secure 3rd place as Man City fumbled to 4th

FA Cup - 3rd Round
    Thumped in a replay against Spurs

League Cup - Quarter Finals
    Humbled by Reading despite paying a strong side.

Europa League - Winner

Man Utd 2-0 Lyon
    Name:  Europa Final.png
Views: 328
Size:  455.3 KB

Despite having no business in this competition it may very well have saved my job by compensating for no title challenge by taking home a European trophy. The final itself was not as dirty as the 2 red cards suggest. We took the lead on half time and a quick 2nd goal & Rafael's red card meant we parked the bus for the final 40 minutes. Finished the match with 9 men as Rooney went of injured.

Vs Arsenal
    Man Utd 0-2 Arsenal - Prem
    Arsenal 3-3 Man Utd - Prem

We didnt beat them but certainly left our mark by totally controlling possession before injury took away our midfield in our only proper head to head. Im very happy the final game ended 3-3 since we both played back up teams it will not have any real bearing in our long term scrap. I expect us to be much closer next season if we can make the squad changes we need and have a more consistent season.

The 1st team
    Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-season-stats.png
    Mentions go out to The two players that shocked me with there performances this season. Andrew Robertson was brilliant so good i put him to Stoke to get more football and Danny Welbeck who i hate with a passion in real life topped the Ave Rating and earned a spot in the squad next season hands down. The side was well rotated as i feel everyone got a fair crack to prove themselves and let me see what they can do. While quit ea few will not grace a United shirt again, Some earth shattering changes are coming i assure you! Goals were a problem all year and i wont allow that to be the case again! Still a very young team with the starting Keeper and defense all under 23 is a perfect base to build on!

Player of the year
    David De Gea
    Name:  Player of the year.png
Views: 317
Size:  379.9 KB

The boy is a superstar. Not too experienced with big teams in recent years but De Gea must be one of the best in the game. 29 games 16 clean sheets winning the Premierships Golden Glove with only 26 games. Injury plus letting Valdes play the European games is why he was so short on football this season. 15 More years of being No1 i reckon.

Going into the Summer
    As with the real United squad there is changes to be made. My 1st summer is usually a race with Klippybo to pick up the best youngsters we know of in the game and get rid of the useless excess players in the reserves. Sadly i worked too hard on the youngsters and did not strengthen the 1st team 1 bit so i've made most of my moves for the youth side already leaving almost all my budget to go towards the 1st team.

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-euopa.jpg

30. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend
    Since we arent going to be playing this until Tuesday I am going to restart streaming and will probably start of as Newcastle unless there is a demand for someone else to be!

Probs start around 3pm

Twitch

31. Quote Originally Posted by KLIPPYBO View Post
    Since we arent going to be playing this until Tuesday I am going to restart streaming and will probably start of as Newcastle unless there is a demand for someone else to be!

Probs start around 3pm

Twitch
    Christ trying to get views off my name! You should be ashamed!

32. Summer 2014

Man Utd buy big
    Germany Beat Argentina in the World Cup Final
    Diego moves to Man City from Chelsea

Season so far
Views: 408
Size:  446.2 KB

Our results take a nose dive after kicking off with a 7-0 win!

Transfers
    Name:  all transfers.png
Views: 413
Size:  329.4 KB

In

Thiago
    Name:  thiago.png
Views: 401
Size:  375.1 KB

I gave up the world to land Thiago. Wanted to get Thiago, Pogba or Vidal and after a scout report told me i could get Thiago for between £30 & £40m i gave away my right arm and more to secure my stand out midfielder.

Erik Lamela
    Name:  Lamela.png
Views: 411
Size:  471.8 KB

A Potential world player of the year he'll join Rooney & Janazi up top.

Gino Peruzzi
    Name:  peruzzi.png
Views: 416
Size:  379.0 KB

As i saw Chelsea have a bid accepted on one of my few short listed superstar players at a meager £12m i matched it and talked him into being my rightback for the next decade.

8 other join as back up or youth players with a lot to prove.

Out
    5 Key players from last season made there exits from the club. The biggest is Robin Van Persie who spent the season getting injured or putting in 6.3 performances. Really didnt want him to stay in the Premiership but i needed the money to bring in new players. There was no place in the side for Sinji Kagawa as i agreed a deal for Lamela and Dortmund put in a barley believable £30m offer so he went. Darren Fletcher is holding up the devlopment of others so he went off to Newcastle. Victor Valdes & Nicholas Bendtner were always getting sold for money then in early August Chelsea had a bid accepted for my favorite DR Gino Peruzzi so i matched than and sold Rafael to PSG for a mega profit.

European Super Cup
    Man City 4-1 Man Utd
    Name:  Europa Final.png
Views: 396
Size:  465.9 KB

We were winning in the 81st minute!

Champions League Draw
    Name:  euro group.png
Views: 389
Size:  468.0 KB

Only Roma will pose any real threat. Hopefully. We were to good to get stuck with the likes of Barca!

Starting 11
    Name:  1st team.png
Views: 390
Size:  491.6 KB

One Change at the back with Peruzzi taking over from Rafael, Thiago joins Mata & Fellaini in the midfield with Lamela joins a formidable front 3.

LovanoFM likes this.

33. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

ARSENAL

PRE-SEASON AND AUGUST 2014/15

I ended up having a busier summer than expected. I was given a war chest of $26m so I wasnt going to get anyone to waltz straight into the first team. In the end I have spent nearly $20m on some Argentinian regens who will be coming in over the next year or two!!!!

--

TRANSFERS

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-transfers-transfer-history.png

As you can see regarding the incomings I concentrated on young talent. I have always liked the look of Timo Werner so to get him in for $20m was pleasing, especially since I got the same fee for Destro!!

Gabriel Barbosa was also brought in to bolster my attacking options. I had to pay his agent $5m to buy all of him but I know I have a potential world class forward here. Sergi Roberto was brought in on the cheap (although he is on high wages) while I jumped at the chance to get Verratti in on loan and have a future fee of $19.5m agreed.

The rest are all regens apart from my backup keeper who came in on a free.

Onto the outgoings and I was amazed to get $7.5m for Sanogo and I had always planned to get rid of Diaby and Flamini. Some youngsters have been shipped out on loan and as mentioned above I got $20m for Mattia Destro which doubled my money pretty much.

--

SQUAD

The first XI I have decided is pretty much the same. I will blood in Werner and Barbosa when I can but my problem is that I have a load of decent players missing from every match day squad. At the moment Barbosa or Werner, Allione, Jenkinson, Stones, Verratti and Bellusci are sitting in the stands on a match day.

Szceszny

Alaba - Vermaelen - Koscielny - Debuchy

Ramsey - Wilshere

Cazorla (LW) - Ozil - Sanchez (RW)

Giroud

--

RESULTS

One result obviously stands out as we lost 7-0 to Chelsea in the Community Shield. It was one of those games where every time they took a shot it went in while our cause wasnt helped when Debuchy got sent-off. I dont give a toss about the Community Shield but I dont like losing so big.

We were a bit dodgy thereafter but I am pleased that we got 7pts from our opening 3 games. We have been far from convincing but we still have a strong side.

LovanoFM likes this.

34. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

ARSENAL

MID SEASON POST

Things are going pretty much the same as last season the only problem is I have a serious challenger in the shape and form of a team up north that also wear red. Here is what has been happening so far.........

--

RESULTS

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-fixtures-schedule-2.pngKlippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal_-fixtures-schedule-3.png

In the Champions League I played my reserves in every game. We lost both times, as expected, to Barcelona but got good enough results against Borussia Monchengladbach and Celtic to progress. Juventus await in the knockout stages.

In the League Cup we were knocked out by Stoke, days after we were robbed against them in the league. We were 2up in the cup game, then took the lead in extra-time but my youngsters lost out on penalties.

In the league amazingly we are unbeaten after 19 games thus meaning we have gone half the season unbeaten. What has proved costly is the home draws against QPR, WBA and Stoke but we did beat Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City which was nice.

When we came up against Man Utd they had a 7pt lead and if they won it was all over. We ended up thrashing them 4-0 with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain netting a hat-trick as he tormented the opposition full backs - Shaw got subbed, Evra got sent-off and Peruzzi struggled also.
    Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal-v-man-utd_-overview-overview.pngKlippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-arsenal-v-man-utd_-stats-match-stats.png

All this means going into January we are 4pts behind Darran's Man Utd. If we can keep going unbeaten who knows what might happen but it is going to go all the way I feel.

--

GAME ISSUE

We got another run time error just after Christmas. This time I benefitted from extra points as originally I was losing 2-1 to Leicester with 30min to go so I would have expected to get a point. In the restart we won. Could those 2pts be vital come the end of the season???

LovanoFM likes this.

35. The Season so far

We have been spectacular! 2 Defeats in last 4 months possibly the worst 2 games we could have picked but never mind.
Views: 361
Size:  535.3 KB

Champions League was a doddle. Even Roma were pretty poor as a youthful or back up side played every game winning all 6. The Carling cup did not offer such success for the kids as West Brom put them to the sword at the first hurdle.

Premiership
    Name:  premierhsip.png
Views: 347
Size:  415.3 KB

This has been exceptional! Defeat against Ipswich was early on where the 1st team was all rested for our Super Cup failure. The second defeat was a digrace. Klippy dragged himself back into the fight with a 4-0 destruction to give me some competition at the top. No complaints at loosing to him if we can stay ahead at the top. Apart from an away game to Spurs in Feburary my next top 4 fixture is the 18th of April where our last 5 games are Liverpool H, Chelsea A, Arsenal H, Man City A, Stoke H. We need to have a good lead going into these games.

Champions League
    Name:  Cl.png
Views: 339
Size:  503.3 KB

Perfect 6/6 once again, yet to drop points in a group phase. Non of the sides were worth a mention and Fiorentina in the last 16 wont be much tougher than Roma i guess.

The Team
    Name:  squad.png
Views: 347
Size:  355.8 KB

Our Defense has been formidable once again. Got a bit leaky in December after conceading 7 goals in 15 games. Up top the side have been unrecognisable from last year with Rooney and Lamela working a treat as Januzaj has contributed when fit.

Arsenal 4-0 Man Utd
    Name:  arsenal game.png
Views: 344
Size:  450.0 KB

The big black mark against my name so far this season. It was a close match in possesion but i just coudnt create the chances while the Ox Chamberlain destroyed my wing backs being the key behind the result.

Runtime errors part 2
    We had two errors in December The first was after a ice cream break Klippy hadnt yet joined the game due to looking at football quiz cards of all things as i raced towards a 2-0 win over Newcastle! took ages to get that sorted out. Then following comfortable wins against Man City & Chelsea & Klippy loosing 2-1 to Leicester with 30 mins to go we had run time error no2. So i had to go beat them all over again and Klippybo got a win over Leicester so any hassle over the 2 points helping me last season have been eliminated to the past as this time teh extra 2 points could loose me the title!

LovanoFM likes this.

36. KLIPPYBO's Avatar KLIPPYBO
    Modern Day Legend

ARSENAL

JANUARY 2015

Not good peeps. Our hold of the title is soon to be over as we have slipped up once or twice and fallen further behind them up north. So its all about the future. Here is a glimpse..........

--

RESULTS

We gained revenge against Stoke in the FA Cup and will face Derby in the next round. In the league however it all went wrong - we salvaged a last minute draw against Newcastle but then went out and lost our first league game of the season against Liverpool, despite completely dominating them, thus ending our 24 game unbeaten run.

The league title will be changing hands methinks...........

Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-barclays-premier-league_-overview-profile.png

--

TRANSFERS

Two first team players came in. Micah Richards came in for a bargain $1.3m. He will provide great backup and will be my first choice whenever Debuchy gets injured and will be my 2nd 2nd choice CB lol.

The other one was my new backup keeper and definately my future first choice. Rodrigo De Nicola was brought in from Boca Juniors (the first of 4 lol) for $7m. Darran also wanted him but we were the ones who got him.
    Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-rodrigo-de-nicola_-overview-attributes.png

On deadline day I spent $11m on this young French striker, Julien Thibault, who I didnt really need as I have Werner and Gabriel Barbosa as my future strikers but when I saw him I had to get him. He will probably be loaned out next season methinks.
    Klippybo v Stonecold Go Online - Who Will Win??-julien-thibault_-overview-attributes.png

Outgoing is Allione who has joined Lorient on loan to hopefully get a regular game to help is development.

--

AIMS FOR THE 2ND HALF OF THE SEASON

Easy - win the FA Cup and beat Man Utd away!!!!
    Last edited by KLIPPYBO; 23/07/2014 at 11:42 PM.
    LovanoFM likes this.

37. January

A Huge month for the title race as we are perfect! apart from the Fa Cup where we've been youthful and awful
Views: 311
Size:  509.9 KB

In the Cup we finally saw off Man City but stumbled against Zinadine Zidane's Leeds who we eventually overcame in the replay. Southampton and Villa were thrashed as we got a great win away to Everton. Klippys Draw's and finally loosing at home to Liverpool puts us 9 points clear while my schedule remains quite fair and easy dare i say while he has his impossible run featuring Man City and Chelsea. Unless our form stutters im feeling good about our title push while Kliip should be good enough to beat the challenges from Chelsea & Spurs for 2nd. His favorite team Stoke are fighting away in 5th. All the promoted sides are getting on well too.

Name:  league.png
Views: 308
Size:  424.0 KB

Transfers
    Nothing worked out so its all down to the summer to grab some new kids.

Rest of the season
    Premiership - Winners
    FA Cup - Beat all non top 4 teams
    Champions League - Do ourselves proud
    Last edited by stonecold; 23/07/2014 at 09:38 PM.
    LovanoFM likes this.

38. guess this is off!

+ Reply to Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO